Eliwood and Hector's Less-than excellent adventure: Let's Ironman Hector Hard mode mostly blind! *Now completed, with a 6% survival rate!*

Benice

Spoiler
8 hours ago, Benice said:

At least you didn't give her the boots...

Wait, who did you give the boots to?

Dougy. And he survived the entire game, so I can't say I ever regretted it. That guy was too much fun to use.

Although, not gonna lie, I've started PoR on hard, and I'm kind of disturbed about how Ike is better at Jagening than the Jagen.

That's because PoR is garbage barely better than FE8 when it comes to difficulty. I'd argue it gets worse.

...Seriously, why does he look exactly the same? I guess he's a young man in FE6 but they needed a legend like him in FE7.

I think it's believable, myself. There are subtle differences, his eyes are more sunken and his hairline receeds. Plenty of people in real life age well. Take a look at someone like James Rolfe. Compare his appearance in his latest AVGN video to this thing he recorded in 2002. 18 years, and the biggest difference is the hairline and a slightly stockier build. Murdock looks to be somewhere in his late 20s in FE7. I don't think it's too crazy for him to still look similar in his 40s.

that idiotic armor knight

Now I really do hate him. Thanks a lot.

4qJS2Ah.pngI suppose so. Although someday, I would like to gaze upon your true face.

heh

IOjR3a1.png

WHAT?! SO HE WAS WITH THE BLACK FANG FOR A LONG TIME? I...I'm so confused...None of this makes any sense! At all!

Yes. This is what I recall from this chapter, myself.

Apparently this assassin's guild that took pride in murdering evil people allowed a deplorable monster into their ranks and even made him one of their elite before realizing that he was, in fact, an asshole. And this is before Nergal and Sonia arrived to ruin everything, mind. Clearly there never was a brain within Brendan's thick skull.

4RaCwEM.png

WHAT?! But why would the Four Fangs be nearby? There's literally nothing in this area at all! Why is Pascal in this region at all if there's nothing noteworthy here?

Pascal is here because he was supposed to be imprisoned. Which only begs the question, why is he worried the Four Fangs will take over? Shouldn't he instead be worried that they'll put him behind bars again, or worse, kill him if they find out he has been allowed out? I very much doubt Sonia asked for permission.

TZcrRY5.png

I regret promoting Dart. He's too good.

Said nobody ever. The regret part, I mean. If someone becomes god after promoting, you don't regret, you count your blessings and pray you don't fuck up and lose them.

WA50KFu.png

Fantabulous! Great job!

About time he got his act together.

YvrvbQq.png

Why is there a guy with a hammer?

jJQPmQG.png

...Two guys with hammers?

LeOQaKn.png

...Three guys with hammers?

DX24zhk.png

These guys listen to too much MC hammer.

FE7 hates Oswin--

Pfff... Bah, this is FE7. These guys would deal 5 damage to Oswin if he were still alive.

rLSW2Ka.png

This one escapes Florina, only to fall to a more interesting character. But he's less cute and not in Berwick saga.

Berwick Saga has no people with monocles. Which, I'll admit, is a flaw. Makes it into a 9.99/10 game.

kr0pF2N.png

That sounds kinky.

Please. Her brother is a raving lunatic. Unless she's into death? She'll only ever get one climax, but... what a climax.

jrE5Vmn.png84Ua3Wv.png

Not bad, not bad at all! That def base is a good argument for her, and 14 speed's decent enough. Maybe she'll get some strength levels too!

Not bad, not bad at all!

2 0 0 0 0 G

You can't even haggle with her like Hugh. Out of all the paid recruitments in the series, I'd argue this woman is by far the worst. Pegasus with slightly good bases that arrives way too late and demands 20 grand. What is this garbage?

KzEGwy0.png

OH SHOOT THE PLOTHOLE MOVES.

The plothole has a surname. Why?

One of the four fangs, felled by an E-rank weapon.

I prefer to think that he was just delusional. Sonia told him he was once one of the Four Fangs, and he just rolled with it because it made him sound cool even though in reality he's one of the worst one-offs in the entire series.

Then again, Jerme of all people was once a Four Fang, too... Maybe the entry bar wasn't all that high after all.

eLi7MBr.png

Level seven falcoknight.

Capped strength.

I need a minute.

Grrrrrrr... Jealousy! This never happens to my peggies!

...Well, I did have one Lirin in one TLP run... But her speed was so garbage she got doubled by everything, so it didn't even matter!

nZKz5Iy.png

FAAARINA YOU IIIIIIIIIIIDIOOOOOOOOT!

Oh...Oh my dear lord...She shouldn't have survived...

No! Don't keep flying towards the enemies! YOU'RE GOING TO DIE! STOP!

Fiora, rescue your dumb sister so I can recruit her. Please.

Ugh...

I like this moment where you forgot to screenshot four actions because you were panicking. Happens to me too, no worries.

Pretty dang meh. 10 def and 15 res is nice, but she's basically equal to Fiora in most ways.

20k, folks! Got some real value outta that one!

jB5SR83.pngI suppose that the city of Landskron would suffice; It's a lovely little town on a lake about twenty minutes walk to the manse and is a few hours from the capital. Would that work for you? We're on our way to the castle, so Landskron would work fine for us.

4qJS2Ah.pngOf course. Thank you so very much, sir.

So now they're travelling with the villain and... I'm sorry, I think I missed this guy's introduction. Well, I'm sure it'll be a good chance for Derrick to be the protagonist of Elibe once more.

fKFnNT9.png

Uh-why does Vaida have 0 luck as if she's a morph when she's not?

Probably more plot points they forgot about midway through development.

BrAQG6k.png5uSD1lm.png

Still pretty squishy, but he'll be fine.

Finally, Eligood!

You know one thing I always liked about his promotion? He gains stats, lances and a horse, but in return, he completely forgets how to sword. Seriously, he wields the thinnest rapier, but instead of poking the enemy with it, he just... sort of twacks them over the head. That's no way to use a thin blade, Eliwood.

JtP8OOJ.png

(I know it's a teeny tiny nitpick, but Ursula's missing a comma after do)

Remember, Bernard was the knight commander of Bern.

7mhQurJ.png

Oh, and Merlinus is a god.

Well, I want to keep going, but I feel like this has already been a quantity over quantity update.

Good call to stop it before Merlinus's survival makes me too angry.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

These guys would deal 5 damage to Oswin if he were still alive.

Whaddaya mean, Oswin isn't dead, there was no pun, you can even see him in the merlinus photo. 

Edited by Pengaius

9 hours ago, Benice said:

And english loves taking Latin words despite being a germanic language!

The history of the English language is kinda complicated, but the introduction of a lot of Latin words come from the success of William the Conqueror, whom displaced many of the older Angle, Saxon, and Jute Lords (not to metion Danish and Norse from the last round of invasions), with many of his Norman French supporters, and made Norman French (which is a Language derived from Latin) the language of the court and nobles. Now as time went on, and the rise in a national identity took hold, the two languages started meshing together as the Nobles and Peasantry had to be able to communicate and work together to have a functional society, and eventually it became a point of pride for the English to use this new form of  English as the Language of the court. This led to a lot of connotative differences, where often Germanic words are more crude, and emotional as they were the words of the peasantry, while words of Latin origin often got a more formal and detached, as they were the words of the Lords and the court. Think Murderer vs Homicide, Crap vs Feces, Go vs. Depart, Town vs City, etc.

z3tta8e.png

Monks. The most fearsome of enemies.

Oh no, don't kill them all now, you are supposed to save them to train up Farina.

5KQEkKb.png2bQR3Y7.png

OKAY THE WARRIOR GUARDING THE GATE MOVES GOOD TO KNOW

Oh yeah all the "bosses" on this map do that...

kr0pF2N.png

That sounds kinky.

Also, is this supposed to have been Guy that she's talking about?

gCbVA60.pngcLfNBMX.png

I mean, even if it's a vulnerary, from what I've heard, it will be an...apt...replacement for you.

9KqYkjG.png

OH YEAH! THIS MAKES ME VERY HAPPY! BLESS YOU, KARLA!

Speaking of Kinky, she does give you a whip...

Also her brother is Karel, not Guy.

eLi7MBr.png

Level seven falcoknight.

Capped strength.

I need a minute.

...Just wow...this is such a good Florina...

DS3Xtl1.pngeWJNrFX.png

Farina! Why? WHy did you go this way?!

nZKz5Iy.png

Oh my goodness, how have you messed Farina's AI up so much... is this really what happens if you move Hector too far away from her starting position...

Great, now let's level you up on those 12,000,000 monks.

No seriously, that's all the rest of the map was.

Well its nice to see everything turned out alright in the end, Farina joins safely, and grinds up to good on the monks. Now go forth and try to use that deadly triangle of Pegasisters!

But why end here? Vaida's waiting for us and I want to make more jokes at Pascal's expense! And also more of my bad side story.

You are starting another chapter aready? You were busy in that down time. Just as a warning this is your last chance to buy weapons before Cog of Destiny, and the last chance to stockpile Javelins and Handaxes before Battle Preperations (31x)...

Good Luck, hopefully you have the supplies to get to, and through Cog of Destiny...

Also, wait, if Vaida had Nils, why does he just come back before the chapter starts? This chapter may be a filler, but it could have been an interesting one! Y'know, like a rescue one where you have to defeat Vaida before she escapes with Nils!

Oh well. It is what it is.

fKFnNT9.png

Uh-why does Vaida have 0 luck as if she's a morph when she's not? And actually, her stats don't look too bad! I bet Rath with Filla's might would end her pretty quick.

Oh No... Benice NO DON'T KILL HER...oh no...this is going to be a train wreck... if she dies here she dies for real...

6MCApQ2.png

Panto! I have decided that YOU will be my S-rank staff user in endgame. Your anima will not get that far! Mark my words!

Funnily enough there is no S rank staff, which makes this an even worse idea than in most games...

10 hours ago, Benice said:

Well, I want to keep going, but I feel like this has already been a quantity over quantity update. So! This'll be it for now. Maybe I can get one done before tomorrow, but you guys know me and deadlines. We don't agree.

Well that was a unceremonious stop, but you were an extra like half chapter into the update, and you really had so little to say about Vaida's chapter...

Spoiler
13 hours ago, Benice said:

Wait, aren't those privateers? Ahh, it's probably just French or something, since all the books from France that I read used the word "Corsaires" over pirates, so...

And english loves taking Latin words despite being a germanic language!

I don't remember man. Google can solve the issue.

Pirate: a person who attacks and robs ships at sea.

Corsair: 
corsair is a french privateer

Privateer: 
A privateer is a private person or ship that engages in maritime warfare under a commission of war.

So yeah you were right

uvMFhuq.png

Oh, neat! That's actually pretty cool! This looks a bit like Byte-sized Genealogy of the holy war!

Holy crap you're right! Now if only the lake was blocked off by a no fly zone. the south didn't have many forests and the cavalier fort was moved to the north east and the castle order was south, northwest and northeast to capture then I think I would really like this map. It sounds like fun having to seize one point but also move on. Well if only it were like that, instead it's just enemy spam but that's alright for exp.

Can I just say that the name Farina is hilarious, since Fiora and Florina both mean Flower whereas Farina is Flour...

I shouldn't laugh that much...

In what language? The Flor in Florina does mean Flower, but what about Fiora? And Farina is flour? I mean it does sound like "Harina" (the H is silent in spanish) so I don't know if that's what you are referencing.

4IUqdcH.png

Also this. What a unit.

Literally how??

WA50KFu.png

Fantabulous! Great job!

HAHAHAHA YES!

YvrvbQq.png

jJQPmQG.png

LeOQaKn.png

DX24zhk.png

I mean that's because of course your armor knight will cross a river and a million forests faster than a flier no?

lVGqCGq.png

Yeah, baby! That's how ya do it!

Only 2 levels so far and yet hyper fantastic. Woohoo!

j1x2JWQ.png

Phenomenal! Superb! Qapped speed!

Literally what the everliving f- duck! Imagine if Heath were here to get all these good RNs

14 hours ago, Benice said:

Vzfjryp.png

And sieze Jungby!

...Wait, what do you mean I don't get Midir? You're supposed to get him after you get the castle with all of the weak axe units around it!

Man if this map was a reference to FE4 I would be super happy...

Ok so better idea, instead of the lake having a no fly zone it has ballistas on that north-eastern castle's coast, it sounds cooler imo, but problem is you can just rescue drop the lord and win quickly... hmm...

lxvqIW8.pngkSXalpj.pnglHBrHFV.png

One of the four fangs, felled by an E-rank weapon.

It's actually D-rank. Not that it makes Pascal any better but it's something to keep in mind so you never screw up by giving someone that can't use a javelin, well giving them one.

MsEx6Is.png

DEAR LORD

eLi7MBr.png

Level seven falcoknight.

Capped strength.

Jesus christ! WHAT?! Well I mean it does seem like she is slightly speed screwed... or actually she's just on par.

Tcp9W8u.pngHWVW3z7.png

Farina, you idiot! Why'd you go the opposite direction of where Hector is?

DS3Xtl1.pngeWJNrFX.png

Farina! Why? WHy did you go this way?!

nZKz5Iy.png

No! Don't keep flying towards the enemies! YOU'RE GOING TO DIE! STOP!

Fiora, rescue your dumb sister so I can recruit her. Please.

Legit what the hell green unit...

Green units be like: Woah I have WTD and take 1/3 of my damage out and there's 7 more enemies in range all with 70% hit? Sounds like free kills!1!!

4NwaH9f.png

I thought that it was Illia's 5th wing of pegasus knights.

That's Fiora.

ufX82hH.png

OH JOY, EVERYONE'S FAVORITE CHAPTER.

16 turns of pure agony... I've been thinking about if I S-rank this game this map would probably be where my unpromoted healers cap out. Spamming Barriers and Physics and being danced to spam even more... though funds would be hard to manage and still spam like this. I may be able to pull it off by Earth Seal silver card money generator but maybe not.

"Hey guys, it's impregnable."

"Cool. Let's sneak in and spy even though all of the Ostian spies died doing this."

"I like the way you think."

EYBFq74.png

My brain.png

Pretty much HAHAHAHAHA!

fKFnNT9.png

Uh-why does Vaida have 0 luck as if she's a morph when she's not? And actually, her stats don't look too bad! I bet Rath with Filla's might would end her pretty quick.

I wouldn't count on it... that +9 speed is terrific, I don't think she's getting doubled and she probably gets way too close to one-shotting Rath.

She has 0 luck because FE7 devs are professionals of course.

6MCApQ2.png

Panto! I have decided that YOU will be my S-rank staff user in endgame. Your anima will not get that far! Mark my words!

He has A-rank in both tho.... and he is the best at eliminating the wyvern spam north.

9jxL47q.png

Twilitfalchion's waifu. I think she's basically Rebecca after promotion only you don't need to deal with Rebecca's miserable earlygame or investement or whatever.

Rebcca would be better in everything but Res iirc. Louise is prett good tho. High luck + Pent support means she faces 0 crit from lategame Lunadruids.

wait that's it? the LP part is over? ok...

On 7/25/2020 at 7:56 AM, Benice said:

Not praise 'em enough! I'm sorry, Florina! I still adore you!

More praise is necessary if you don't want a divorce, by DEATH

GHAXHXTAGAHABVZVCAXACZVBAVZAVVBVVVVXTZTX

QBDSSE#R

I can't wait until YOU do an ironman so I can see you suffer too! Ha!

I do Ironmans, I just don't post them on Serenes so people laugh at me. Did I ever tell you about my SS+10% growths ironman.

"Hurr, I'm Raven. I'm so edgy. Nothin' personnel, kid."

Raven=Navarre, Guy doesn't matter.

Uh...If professional, highly trained Ostian expert spies can't get into Bern's palace, how the heck are thieves supposed to?

I mean, Matthew can teleport in Chapter 11.

zZIfvfI.png

Ow.

Poor Shin.

XlM9O2Z.pngTZcrRY5.png

I regret promoting Dart. He's too good.

He does have a rough start, so he is still bad.

YvrvbQq.png

jJQPmQG.png

LeOQaKn.png

DX24zhk.png

HAMMER TIME!

jrE5Vmn.png84Ua3Wv.png

Not bad, not bad at all! That def base is a good argument for her, and 14 speed's decent enough. Maybe she'll get some strength levels too!

50% strength growth intensifies.

RwN88Rx.pngBZrw0iA.png

Rath bad can't ORKO everything.

Who is this Rath? I only know Shin.

IeLfTVA.png

Very good Rath

Only Shin exists

3JwXapq.pngLogi37L.pngxGfce8C.pngm5ywOao.png

Badon wants to know your location. They had lots of them.

One of the villagers say, and I quote: "What are Bern's wyverns doing here?"

All of FE7's enemies have 0 luck, except some bosses.

Panto! I have decided that YOU will be my S-rank staff user in endgame.

But S staves does nothing.

• 4 weeks later...

My dude saga, chapter 20: Baby, it's cold outside

I'm beginning to sound like a broken record, but the LP really should be getting back on track! I've got nothing happening for a long while, so I should be able to get back to churning updates out three or four times a week!

Um, but blame Twilitfalchion and Ruben! It's their faults that I'm playing Rune Factory and Berwick Saga rather than FE7! I had nothing to do with this delay!

The part before I get my arse handed to me:

Spoiler
On 7/25/2020 at 5:50 AM, Pengaius said:

What's with the si, last I checked Ruben's the Spain person not me. 

Dang, you're right! Guess I'll have to misspell your name every time.

On 7/25/2020 at 6:38 AM, The Roger The Paladin said:
  Hide contents

No. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sega_Genesis It looked like this.

Too bad, I guess...

Every time one of your characters dies, he pops up to pun their name.
Make this happen.

Minus being Wil, which puts Wil ahead of everyone else to be honest.
Of course he Wil survive longer than Rath! I have no doubt!

Like the readership of my LP when I arbitrarily drop an update between you and Saint Rubenio?
Oof. Although with my speed of updates, that's about as likely as Barst critting five times in a row.

That sounds like a challenge.
Oh no... But I'm interested...

*teleports behind u*
Or *Or I could just use the warp staffs behind u* since it's FE?

I think the implication is he was one of them, but ended up imprisoned for his "methods" being against Brendan Reed's beliefs. Except now this fiend is freeing him because she's evil.
But how'd he rise up to being one of the Four Fangs with his methods? Maybe one of the four fangs has to be evil so they get assassinated a lot, just to keep things fresh. They don't have time to find better replacements?

The Ostian spies were trained by Hector, and are therefore subtle. Plot-hole fixed.

Woah...That makes perfect sense...

You know for the "third pegasus sister" those really aren't bad bases. Maybe. Then again, this is HHM.
She fares better than Juno, at least.

It's not fair. I want Caeda to cap strength, but even if I get blessed to hell and back 28 is a lot higher a mark to hit.
Suffer! HAHAHAHAHAAAA! YOU WILL ONLY EVER OHKO EVERY BOSS, BUT NEVER Zero HKO THEM! BWAAAAAHAAAA!

At least it was only one use.
It was more like six, but I didn't bother showing the rest since they couldn't have done anything to Dart. Still, a tiny loss given that he really doesn't need it to ORKO things.

On 7/25/2020 at 1:41 PM, Saint Rubenio said:
  Hide contents

Dougy. And he survived the entire game, so I can't say I ever regretted it. That guy was too much fun to use.

Right. I was sorta surprised that you didn't give 'em to Raigh. Although Dougy ended up working in your favor, whereas...Yeah...

That's because PoR is garbage barely better than FE8 when it comes to difficulty. I'd argue it gets worse.

The thing with FE8 is that Seth blows everything out of the water, but everyone else is still vulnerable to some extent in the earlygame. In FE9, every single one of your units, barring Soren and Rhys, can survive, like, ten rounds of combat. And the Seraph robe fixes that for you so even Soren can

Well, that and the fact that he

I think it's believable, myself. There are subtle differences, his eyes are more sunken and his hairline receeds. Plenty of people in real life age well. Take a look at someone like James Rolfe. Compare his appearance in his latest AVGN video to this thing he recorded in 2002. 18 years, and the biggest difference is the hairline and a slightly stockier build. Murdock looks to be somewhere in his late 20s in FE7. I don't think it's too crazy for him to still look similar in his 40s.

Oh bruh. Then there's me, who's probably gonna be bald before I'm 20. Three cheers for genetics...

Now I really do hate him. Thanks a lot.

You're welcome!

heh

what?

Yes. This is what I recall from this chapter, myself.

FE7 has #Bestwritinginfrachise!

Apparently this assassin's guild that took pride in murdering evil people allowed a deplorable monster into their ranks and even made him one of their elite before realizing that he was, in fact, an asshole. And this is before Nergal and Sonia arrived to ruin everything, mind. Clearly there never was a brain within Brendan's thick skull.

Yeah. Jerme's the same way, too. I don't know why there's so many card-carrying villains in the Black Fang if they're supposed to be the Camuses of the game...

Pascal is here because he was supposed to be imprisoned. Which only begs the question, why is he worried the Four Fangs will take over? Shouldn't he instead be worried that they'll put him behind bars again, or worse, kill him if they find out he has been allowed out? I very much doubt Sonia asked for permission.

"Brendan-kun, you're looking really hawt today! *Giggles* I'll give you a special time if you let me release a serial killer who really shouldn't have been one of the four fangs."

"Go ahead, dear."

Said nobody ever. The regret part, I mean. If someone becomes god after promoting, you don't regret, you count your blessings and pray you don't fuck up and lose them.

But the main pull of this LP is the deaths! If I have good units, death won't happen! Ah, who am I kidding. I'll probably be lucky to finish with three or more non-lord/Athos units.

About time he got his act together.

He now ORKOs every enemy that isn't a myrmidon or mercenary!

FE7 hates Oswin--

Pfff... Bah, this is FE7. These guys would deal 5 damage to Oswin if he were still alive.

Sadly, I think that's hardly an exaggeration. Even if he was unpromoted.

Berwick Saga has no people with monocles. Which, I'll admit, is a flaw. Makes it into a 9.99/10 game.

And the PoW camp. 9.98.

And Obama. 9.96

And Gardy. 9.95

And Marvell. 9.94

And Simon. 9.93

And Volo. 9.92

Please. Her brother is a raving lunatic. Unless she's into death? She'll only ever get one climax, but... what a climax.

She really wants her brother's Wo Dao.

Not bad, not bad at all!

2 0 0 0 0 G

You can't even haggle with her like Hugh. Out of all the paid recruitments in the series, I'd argue this woman is by far the worst. Pegasus with slightly good bases that arrives way too late and demands 20 grand. What is this garbage?

Well, Hugh's entirely useless as a unit if you don't give him the full price. Of course, it was nice that you can haggle him down if you just want him for the Member card.

The plothole has a surname. Why?

Because lore! Landskron is a relevant location and is mentioned elsewhere!

I prefer to think that he was just delusional. Sonia told him he was once one of the Four Fangs, and he just rolled with it because it made him sound cool even though in reality he's one of the worst one-offs in the entire series.

Let's go with that.

Then again, Jerme of all people was once a Four Fang, too... Maybe the entry bar wasn't all that high after all.

Maybe the reason they had so many bad people in the Four Fangs is because they always had to assassinate one of the members because there was always one who was bad, allowing some random bloke to show up and retake the role.

Grrrrrrr... Jealousy! This never happens to my peggies!

...Well, I did have one Lirin in one TLP run... But her speed was so garbage she got doubled by everything, so it didn't even matter!

Bwahahaaaaaaa! Suffer! Larentia will never have 23 strength!

I like this moment where you forgot to screenshot four actions because you were panicking. Happens to me too, no worries.

Well, that and the fact that they were basically shots of a blurred screen because I am a professional, much like the FE7 devs.

20k, folks! Got some real value outta that one!

I- She'll prove her worth someday!

So now they're travelling with the villain and... I'm sorry, I think I missed this guy's introduction. Well, I'm sure it'll be a good chance for Derrick to be the protagonist of Elibe once more.

That guy? He's not important. He's just a lorebot, (and is Galle's dad.)

Probably more plot points they forgot about midway through development.

It's kinda like that with Jan! He's referenced a lot in Nino and Legault's supports, but he has, like, two lines of dialogue! I wonder if he was initially supposed to be playable. I mean, he has no data or stats in-game, but still...

Finally, Eligood!

If only he was a good of a unit as he was a character. He's getting there, though.

You know one thing I always liked about his promotion? He gains stats, lances and a horse, but in return, he completely forgets how to sword. Seriously, he wields the thinnest rapier, but instead of poking the enemy with it, he just... sort of twacks them over the head. That's no way to use a thin blade, Eliwood.

Not that he'll ever need to swords again-He's got Javelins, the true Legendary weapons of FE7!

Remember, Bernard was the knight commander of Bern.

FE7 is very smooth sometimes.

Good call to stop it before Merlinus's survival makes me too angry.

This reminds me of how I'm planning to get Merlinus a level when I LP FE6.

On 7/25/2020 at 3:35 PM, Eltosian Kadath said:

The history of the English language is kinda complicated, but the introduction of a lot of Latin words come from the success of William the Conqueror, whom displaced many of the older Angle, Saxon, and Jute Lords (not to metion Danish and Norse from the last round of invasions), with many of his Norman French supporters, and made Norman French (which is a Language derived from Latin) the language of the court and nobles. Now as time went on, and the rise in a national identity took hold, the two languages started meshing together as the Nobles and Peasantry had to be able to communicate and work together to have a functional society, and eventually it became a point of pride for the English to use this new form of  English as the Language of the court. This led to a lot of connotative differences, where often Germanic words are more crude, and emotional as they were the words of the peasantry, while words of Latin origin often got a more formal and detached, as they were the words of the Lords and the court. Think Murderer vs Homicide, Crap vs Feces, Go vs. Depart, Town vs City, etc.

I love how overcomplicated British history is.

Oh no, don't kill them all now, you are supposed to save them to train up Farina.

I wasn't too worried about the number of monks on this

Oh yeah all the "bosses" on this map do that...

Thankfully, the purge guy didn't. I hope he wasn't supposed to move...

Speaking of Kinky, she does give you a whip...

HOT

Also her brother is Karel, not Guy.

I know, I meant that I wondered if the swordmaster with unlovely strokes was supposed to be Guy, or if it was just a rando generic.

...Just wow...this is such a good Florina...

POWERFUL

Oh my goodness, how have you messed Farina's AI up so much... is this really what happens if you move Hector too far away from her starting position...

I thought that she was in the village, okay? I didn't expect her to show where Hector wouldn't be!

Well its nice to see everything turned out alright in the end, Farina joins safely, and grinds up to good on the monks. Now go forth and try to use that deadly triangle of Pegasisters!

Tryangel attaq!

You are starting another chapter aready? You were busy in that down time. Just as a warning this is your last chance to buy weapons before Cog of Destiny, and the last chance to stockpile Javelins and Handaxes before Battle Preperations (31x)...

Oh dear... I think I'll be okay, though.

Good Luck, hopefully you have the supplies to get to, and through Cog of Destiny...

Canas has enough tomes, so I think that I can muddle through, at least from what I've heard about Cog.

Oh No... Benice NO DON'T KILL HER...oh no...this is going to be a train wreck... if she dies here she dies for real...

I knew that. It was simple musing. Although if I replay this game, (prolly won't, though) I'll probably take her out for funsies.

Funnily enough there is no S rank staff, which makes this an even worse idea than in most games...

Outstanding!

Well that was a unceremonious stop, but you were an extra like half chapter into the update, and you really had so little to say about Vaida's chapter...

Well, this update is going to be quite lengthy. It didn't make sense to get midway through this one...

On 7/25/2020 at 7:23 PM, This boi uses Nino said:
  Hide contents

I don't remember man. Google can solve the issue.

Pirate: a person who attacks and robs ships at sea.

Corsair: 
corsair is a french privateer

Privateer: 
A privateer is a private person or ship that engages in maritime warfare under a commission of war.

So yeah you were right

Number one Vicotry royale!

Holy crap you're right! Now if only the lake was blocked off by a no fly zone. the south didn't have many forests and the cavalier fort was moved to the north east and the castle order was south, northwest and northeast to capture then I think I would really like this map. It sounds like fun having to seize one point but also move on. Well if only it were like that, instead it's just enemy spam but that's alright for exp.

I dunno man, the enemy spam makes it even more like FE4. Only this is much harder, because you don't have five units who can solo the game.

In what language? The Flor in Florina does mean Flower, but what about Fiora? And Farina is flour? I mean it does sound like "Harina" (the H is silent in spanish) so I don't know if that's what you are referencing.

I dunno about Fiora, but Farine is french for Flour, so I'd assume that latin does something similar.

Literally how??

The RNGoddess realizing that Florina is a legend.

HAHAHAHA YES!

At long last!

I mean that's because of course your armor knight will cross a river and a million forests faster than a flier no?

Duh! IntSys still hates Arden...

Only 2 levels so far and yet hyper fantastic. Woohoo!

Well, enemies have had 9 AS since chapter 17, so it's not too hard to double anymore.

Literally what the everliving f- duck! Imagine if Heath were here to get all these good RNs

Then he'd have been killed by the purge bishop 'cause I'm bad.

Man if this map was a reference to FE4 I would be super happy...
I doubt it, but it was more well-implemented than FE4's usage of big, multi-objective maps IMO.

Ok so better idea, instead of the lake having a no fly zone it has ballistas on that north-eastern castle's coast, it sounds cooler imo, but problem is you can just rescue drop the lord and win quickly... hmm...

But rescue-dropping isn't a thing in FE4, unless my brain has made a major gaffe.

It's actually D-rank. Not that it makes Pascal any better but it's something to keep in mind so you never screw up by giving someone that can't use a javelin, well giving them one.

Nope, definitely E in GBA era. I think it's D in DS era, though.

Jesus christ! WHAT?! Well I mean it does seem like she is slightly speed screwed... or actually she's just on par.

Good enough to double everybody, at least.

Legit what the hell green unit...

Green units be like: Woah I have WTD and take 1/3 of my damage out and there's 7 more enemies in range all with 70% hit? Sounds like free kills!1!!

Gotta love the AI. Seriously, why do green units in Gaiden have better AI than Green units in the GBA era?!

That's Fiora.

I made an error!

16 turns of pure agony... I've been thinking about if I S-rank this game this map would probably be where my unpromoted healers cap out. Spamming Barriers and Physics and being danced to spam even more... though funds would be hard to manage and still spam like this. I may be able to pull it off by Earth Seal silver card money generator but maybe not.

*12 turns. Of doing nothing at all. Seriously, if it weren't for the fact that Lyn exists, a decent lineup could probably beat this chapter without moving.

Pretty much HAHAHAHAHA!

The my brain part or the Hector's brain part?!

I wouldn't count on it... that +9 speed is terrific, I don't think she's getting doubled and she probably gets way too close to one-shotting Rath.
I checked, and I would have fairly easily taken her down. I think.
She has 0 luck because FE7 devs are professionals of course.

He has A-rank in both tho.... and he is the best at eliminating the wyvern spam north.

Exactly! I refuse to use the best units! At least not properly!

Rebcca would be better in everything but Res iirc. Louise is prett good tho. High luck + Pent support means she faces 0 crit from lategame Lunadruids.

Nice. Well, 12 strength is pretty bad. But still. Decent filler if you for some reason need a sniper.

wait that's it? the LP part is over? ok...

Feels bad.

On 7/26/2020 at 10:07 AM, Hello72207 said:

More praise is necessary if you don't want a divorce, by DEATH

Preposterous!

QBDSSE#R

WAHKBCSDCGGDSUHIUOQIEURYTHUBRFVCKMXZSLA;^%$#$#yhtgfDSggdf6rgD

I do Ironmans, I just don't post them on Serenes so people laugh at me. Did I ever tell you about my SS+10% growths ironman.

But generating laughs is the OG ironman experience! Those juicy deaths make everybody's days better!

Raven=Navarre, Guy doesn't matter.

Guy killed Lowen, and for that, he shall be forgotten!

I mean, Matthew can teleport in Chapter 11.

Oh yeah. And he can become invisible. And now he has joined the choir invisible.

Poor Shin.

Me in the FE6 ironman succession run.

He does have a rough start, so he is still bad.

But he's good now, and he wasn't bad enough to be killed super easily! He would have been fine if his starting inventory weren't so awful.

HAMMER TIME!

Can't touch this-Florina, 2020

50% strength growth intensifies.

Nice! That's impressive. Didn't really convert, sadly...

Who is this Rath? I only know Shin.

You're going to kick me in the Shins if Rath dies, aren't you?

Only Shin exists

I'd rather be Shiny!

One of the villagers say, and I quote: "What are Bern's wyverns doing here?"

I was just nitpicking the word choices-they still certainly fly outside of Bern.

All of FE7's enemies have 0 luck, except some bosses.

The reason being that there's a flag that sets a unit's luck to 0-A flag which can be turned off. I don't know why it isn't for Vaida here.

But S staves does nothing. 

Perfect! This all will work out!

The part where I get rekt:

Spoiler

WBwyCB4.pngSaint Elimine, I am afraid that I will not allow you to resurrect Lady Helen.

h99pFBl.pngWhaaaaaaat? Why not?

WBwyCB4.pngYou and I both know that the wheel of fate has already begun to turn... What has been written must come to pass.

h99pFBl.pngBoo! Helen can assist Glass now! They need more light magic on their side!

WBwyCB4.pngWe both know you're wrong. What will come to pass is what will set the world right.

h99pFBl.pngPoopnose! Carpet-seller! Fine! I'm sure YOUR cog in the wheel of fate will get several Get-Out-Of-Death-Free cards!

WBwyCB4.pngYou saw Raven defeated, did you not?

h99pFBl.pngHmph! I am done with you! You...You SCAMP!

WBwyCB4.png... I pray that our plan will truly come together...

JXZIkUH.pngBM7bPF1.png

What a superb start to the update.

lAmpAT5.pngT5jCpYm.pngevMaP6U.png

ZEy8mBU.png

Okay, one thing that always confused me: Why is this chapter called Pale Flower of Darkness? Is Kenneth a pale flower? That must be it. Or maybe Sonia, but 28x would make more sense for that...

0nhKC7Z.png

This scene in a nutshell: *BTW THIS WAMAN IS PLAYABLE B/C SHE WANTS TO PROTECC ZEPHIEL*

I'd skip to the part where we get to see our pale flower of Darkness, but first I have this scene that reaffirms my desicion to make Ursula help out the good guys in Lyn mode.

KuBgWxd.png3Aja4CQ.pngJGEaLZf.png0X4eVbT.pnga1rllGV.png3sfrDMh.pngyF4FGgp.pngbEZp4ZX.png

I can hear the sarcasm dripping off of Ursula's voice here.

AL67OW9.pngZ0Q2r7X.png8q6w0Mh.png

VRhUVcc.pngXXASjBG.png

Wait, when did she do that? She is literally described as "Brutal" In-game!

fxUgtQg.png

[Trying not to laugh]

unXIQsw.pngolFDIVt.pngrhLzhSd.png

And more sarcasm! Seriously, did they intend for Ursula to sound so sarcastic? I'd guess that they didn't, but the fact that Sonia's so over-the-top just makes it come off that way.

Also, I love how we literally walk straight into the fortress unopposed.

tGntPJn.pngfLvYcBW.pngLvmiwhP.pngaVi8B4o.pngE5tS3qR.png6zf98GM.pngNDDmuvc.png13i98dj.pngAxiw7op.png

Our flower has arrived!

[Lots of text from Lycteliwood + Ninian which isn't all that important]

M8Z4ex9.pngL6O9PLR.pngD5f39pJ.png

Took the words right out of my mouth!

rpp5TOs.pngSnjlEvE.pngMMYyLs7.pngmNWjLsM.pngOO8Hi3G.png

I dunno, there's worse people in the biz, Eliwood. Nergal has an S in light magic.

Bh18qgf.pngT1RFgrX.png7IpDugh.pngcFahudj.pngWV9hT5m.pngHw8CPtS.png

Whaaaaaat? I mean, we don't really know how light magic works, so I guess that it might work...

VZGWFUb.png4xMO2dG.pngQLJVsRT.pngyq6Hz0Q.png

It's a no-fly zone from FE4! They're still trying to emulate Kaga!

eYlmO2O.pngTXcWuLB.pngcLSslWh.pngtt1Lz4D.pngmvDmbNd.png

Bravo!  Bravo! What a great unprompted speech! Hector's tearing up!

Hectelilynninils still have more to say, but I'm ignoring them, because this chapter has already spammed text walls at me.

That is something that I've noticed about FE7-It really does have a ton of dialogue in a lot of spots. The thing I find weirdest is that, generally, the less that happens in a chapter, the more text there is. Take this one, for example! Not a lot of text needs to be here, but I have 154 screenshots of dialogue, not including several screenshots of the intro. Dat's a lot of text. Heck, that reminds me of one of the chapters in Lyn mode (Chapter 7, I believe) that had 224 screenshots of dialogue AFTER the chapter ended, and at least 60 before that. If they do remake FE7, I hope they streamline the dialogue in a lot of ways, because I'm only really noticing now how much it's bothered me.

Anyways, rant over!

776ANw2.png

Panto desperately needs staffrank so he can get from A to S in staves and access to the mighty       staff, so he'll be joining us. This map has a few Siege tomes, so no Lyn. I really don't need some free OHKOs.

mC90oOY.pngePq3izC.png

Just put on a sweater, then!

nzmYacu.png5khpAIQ.png

Thanks.

So! I can only defeat three promoted enemies on this map before...I think it's turn eight if I want Harken-Which I do. I don't like to use good units, but I want Harken in my back pocket in case everything else goes wrong. Which, y'know, it's me, so having deep pockets would be nice.

MK1WjBd.png

I wasn't intending to fight these guys, but they move, so they should consider themselves dispatched!

Ik5yl1x.png

Canas, c'mon, you had a whole 1/4 chance to crit! The odds were in your favor!

kh38Otm.png

Dispatched!!

Ud26GD1.png

DANGIT DART, I WANT BY BEST UNITS ELSEWHERE!

3eMHgPq.png

Thankfully, Farina's support with Dart gets her the damage to take out this blighter.

SfnOTps.pngpJdcI0y.png

Oooh! Nice! Not sure who I'll give this to...Maybe Canas? Dart?

q0o3RuE.png

The Fariniora C support!

TVxnAiS.png

Holy crackers, that's a long support.

1ya78yX.png

Owliwood.

O7AcJOv.pngZZI3xdL.png

We somehow managed to keep the highly dangerous enemies at bay!

byxpHxf.png

I Fiorate you as a 7.5/10 unit! Show me why and don't die!

tzvvPoy.png8qUtaUo.png64sWviS.png

Make that 8.5!

V6oy4cx.png

Bah...Why do I even bother with Farina? I don't have a way to promote her!

G7ek6Y5.pnghHlQs46.pngn9oHuSL.png

Oh well.

d5abNXn.png

A reset would be not good. Canas helps me prevent one.

a8uXkEh.pngGfN0dQV.pngz1VhCzp.pngW3Q1Xxu.png

The pegasi are too fast to be hit! Dart too, I guess.

9lLOsZf.png

Even though this level is disappointing, it'd be really fun to run around with a 30-strength Dart, because at that point speed would be mostly inconsequential.

0KHt8WR.png

I sorta wish this chapter was harder...

HgbgXxs.pngQyDS1gL.png

Okay. I think that you're badly strength screwed, though.

I3Mvh8c.pngOu1frEc.png

SBht8gN.pngMjpW6hU.png

And the knights have been felled!

0bpw2NU.png

Farina changes her name to something more compact while getting purged. Why he chose Farina to purge, I don't know.

h3LWb1M.png

A thief! He doesn't drop anything, unfortunately.

pdUBzGg.pngEM4OP1J.png9EIOmKW.png

oZFEAqm.pngC5TYPyg.pngNiJK8v9.png

I don't know why I gave Gietz the halberd. Seriously, why did I...?

O8gB0Jt.pngb1dseTF.png

That's our Eliwood!

7mpxDtz.pngPAqzHEf.pngoRZaIHo.png4TKOEgk.pngE4ODzG9.pngjSNPSzH.png

That's our Canas! He's absolutely destroying these guys!

Rn3KCvj.png4wkqYQ2.png

Oh dear...

cMk6PGR.png

Okay, we're fine.

At7XPuS.pngTc6xBpu.png

THE ENEMY IS COMING FROM BEHIND

Also, that's a pretty background.

E5knyQI.pngouOPMFk.png

This wyvern gets Thanos'd by Florina.

rmx1Q9n.png3RAWZD6.pngSCONjCF.png

I am running out of things to say!

ThInCiZ.pngPC4f7fY.png

So, how's life?

tqx31Sk.png9BiS6Cp.pngMdBSnQZ.pngLTeR6r2.pngXXBQTZs.pngnr7iGeX.png5P3Oq1L.png

Let's just fast forward. Ah, just like Lyn mode!

4FIDipZ.png

Eligood!

cM5qb1d.png

Begone! You have annoyed me enough with your purge!

Vi5g4gS.png

DED

kGRzU9S.png

Ugh. Good thing he's more or less set for life.

P6vjNDY.png

Oh come on! I wish I had a thief here. No Nino for me!

S7oCXb4.png

Wait...He drops it...

YESS! YES YES YES YES YES YES! YAS! I GET TO USE NINO! I GET TO USE A BAD UNIT! I refuse to let this thief escape!

3UoiGyQ.pngnxIN3tb.png

Huh? What?! But- I only killed two promoted enemies-The general and the bishop! I demand a recount! Seriously, why?! Did my adjustments to the Caelin Squad's base stats so it reflected their post-LHM selves make the game do this?

TJRuZ4d.pngss4zyY7.png

He's pretty bad. His stats are good, and he's tanky but I don't think that he's fast enough to double the scariest enemies, (from what I've heard, Valkyries in Cog) and he only has 1 range, which zuccs. Also, if you feel the need to have a "Destroys on player phase" unit, then next chapter you get Jaffar, who I'm pretty sure is far better. AND HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN HARKEN, WHO IS A BETTER CHARACTER AND UNIT! Still, I like swordmasters, so I may as well use him.

Actually...This probably works out since I killed Harken's wife. Yeah. This psychopath is probably safer to recruit.

G80ZKwj.png

This is kind of hilarious. A level 20/18 dancer.

iKbwIkJ.png

OI! Hands of my exp!

5i8iefU.pnglaqNjRC.png

There was no real reason for me to do this.

V4iCDCg.png

You have a blue gem, but more importantly, you stand in between me and Nino! Die!

0C4FGBE.png

Ka-boooom!

o7y8uZJ.pngAOcxN3D.png

Wait, you were the one with the guiding ring? Oh. Not gonna complain!

boSeeaR.png2J4pMWp.png

We've hit the goldmine! Well, a thief. But a goldmine too!

GbGr2Cz.png

This was not on purpose.

iGJD4Mk.png

Fool!

nxgl1HA.png

Almost a perfect level, really. Just missed defense.

Igt6dUp.png

Ha!

yAjLC5V.png

HAAHAHAHAHAHHHAAAA!!!

JlEf5un.png

Much helpful.

ascCbeZ.pngmWuCV4m.png

Last thief is down! Wait, why are Black Fang thieves stealing from themselves?

JHxVbXZ.png

Dart eliminates the sniper and archers in front of the boss...

auia8cO.png

Which nets him this gem of a level...

Annndd....CHAAAAARGE! ELIWOOD, TAKE OUT KENNETH! LET'S FINISH THIS BORING MAP!

RaMKPvK.png

No chance! You're all alone, bucko. You will suffer for making your map so annoying!

dCbLzwv.png

Youch. I made sure that Eliwood wouldn't die first, but still, that's quite the punch.

Wai-NOOO! THE SWORDMASTER MOVES! DODGE, ELIWOOD! DODGE! DODGE! DODGE!

x5Wuqpf.pngmtXl0IE.pngPZCUbks.png

Oh, for the love of god! Why am I so bad?! Ugh... Well, here we go again...

vuK5q8m.png

Canas' crit animation is the highlight of this map.

fMreCdD.png

I miss that insanely good Dart level I got last time...

Get ready for some more Canas disappointment too! Will he get luck and HP again? OR WILL IT BE JUST RES?! THE TENTION IS RE-

X3ipcuX.png

OHOHOHOHOHOHOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLYYYY MAKEREL WOW! I am sorry for dissing you.

WGrLu8l.png

This archer tried really hard to get out of the way.

QRLvO0j.png

Have fun trying to hit Florina!

TZ0MTxF.png

Wait, she's less dodgy than Eliwood.

5FIWBgg.png

MINE

mQrQgkZ.pngNsqgeSb.pngt6MVrF4.pngpsf4HTn.png

Oh hi mark

eQ5WDSe.png

And he's conveniently right next to Eliwood!

Good gravy, that is a reaallly long recruitment! I'll skip to the important part.

mZfbbwV.png

GLvXant.png

And whaddaya know, it worked.

Anyways, Harken. One of the best units in the game- Fast enough to double everything he needs to, B in axes and swords, good enough CON, sky-high skill, amazing strength, very high base def and passsable res. He'll also probably be better than Raven, since I think that Raven at 20/8 has about these stats-But getting him to level 20 is a bit of a problem since he wants to become a hero really fast.

69Qz1Mp.png

Proper use of physic.png

8LlGv1o.png

Time to clean the house and be done with this map! For good!

KTjfALA.png

Woooo! Nice!

4kKWOho.png

Geitz!

BzkmdmO.png

Better.

95g0vne.pngT1h2OzR.png

Betterestest!

9oz9yRr.png

Meh. You'll fall off sooner or later, so your growths don't matter all that much.

dbwatTb.png4k4mjfh.png2G3YBOM.png

Ha! Yes! Everything came together! Let's send it to con-

q8bT37r.png

...What?

...WHAT?

WHY AM I BACK IN FOUR-FANGED OFFENSE?! GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! THAT DUMB RESTART BUTTON ON THE EMULATOR!

Ugh...And I don't even have a save-state at the end of this chapter, so I'll have to do it all again...

Well. I guess I'll put up a poll to see if you guys wanna see me slog back up to Pale Flower of Darkness.

Ugh. Well, thank you for reading, and I hope you have a great week!

DEATH COUNT: Matthew

Rebecca*

Lowen

Guy

Serra

Bartre

Dorcas

Marcus

Erk

Priscilla~

Wil x 3

Lucius

My honor

Kent

Legault%

Raven*

Helen

Isadora

Sain

Oswin

Heath

Defeated as enemy

*Retreated

~Captured

% Unrecruitable

???

Discharged/killed pre-reset.

Dishonorably spared

RESET COUNT: Hector x 4

Lyn x 7

Bandit x 2

Eliwood x 7

Merlinus x6

Being a coward x 1

Merlinus deaths as merchant: 7

5 minutes ago, Benice said:

I dunno man, the enemy spam makes it even more like FE4. Only this is much harder, because you don't have five units who can solo the game.

I think collectively the community has found a way to solo Gen 1 with every character.

24 minutes ago, Benice said:

ZEy8mBU.png

Okay, one thing that always confused me: Why is this chapter called Pale Flower of Darkness? Is Kenneth a pale flower? That must be it. Or maybe Sonia, but 28x would make more sense for that...

I guess we skipped the last bit of last chapter.

22 minutes ago, Benice said:

I'd skip to the part where we get to see our pale flower of Darkness, but first I have this scene that reaffirms my desicion to make Ursula help out the good guys in Lyn mode.

I mean she did give you that Hammerne just last chapter...

31 minutes ago, Benice said:

So! I can only defeat three promoted enemies on this map before...I think it's turn eight if I want Harken-Which I do. I don't like to use good units, but I want Harken in my back pocket in case everything else goes wrong. Which, y'know, it's me, so having deep pockets would be nice.

Hopefully he doesn't die off like in my HHM Ironman.

37 minutes ago, Benice said:

P6vjNDY.png

Oh come on! I wish I had a thief here. No Nino for me!

S7oCXb4.png

Wait...He drops it...

Now that is a lucky break.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

3UoiGyQ.pngnxIN3tb.png

Huh? What?! But- I only killed two promoted enemies-The general and the bishop! I demand a recount! Seriously, why?! Did my adjustments to the Caelin Squad's base stats so it reflected their post-LHM selves make the game do this?

TJRuZ4d.pngss4zyY7.png

He's pretty bad. His stats are good, and he's tanky but I don't think that he's fast enough to double the scariest enemies, (from what I've heard, Valkyries in Cog) and he only has 1 range, which zuccs. Also, if you feel the need to have a "Destroys on player phase" unit, then next chapter you get Jaffar, who I'm pretty sure is far better. AND HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN HARKEN, WHO IS A BETTER CHARACTER AND UNIT! Still, I like swordmasters, so I may as well use him.

Actually...This probably works out since I killed Harken's wife. Yeah. This psychopath is probably safer to recruit.

...and there is an unlucky one to balance it out. Now you will never get the brave sword, or the incredibly good Harken.

41 minutes ago, Benice said:

Same reason Legault was stealing from them, getting away with the loot from this sinking ship of an organization.

42 minutes ago, Benice said:

dCbLzwv.png

Youch. I made sure that Eliwood wouldn't die first, but still, that's quite the punch.

Wai-NOOO! THE SWORDMASTER MOVES! DODGE, ELIWOOD! DODGE! DODGE! DODGE!

...Oof. Yeah that purge hit you have to suffer through to get to those last enemies is a harrowing experience.

48 minutes ago, Benice said:

q8bT37r.png

...What?

...WHAT?

WHY AM I BACK IN FOUR-FANGED OFFENSE?! GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! THAT DUMB RESTART BUTTON ON THE EMULATOR!

Ugh...And I don't even have a save-state at the end of this chapter, so I'll have to do it all again...

... That is an unfortunate save state to get dragged back to.  Hopefully it isn't too misery inducing to get back.

Spoiler
1 hour ago, Benice said:

LP really should be getting back on track!

Meanwhile... in my LP...
*crickets*

1 hour ago, Benice said:

It was more like six, but I didn't bother showing the rest since they couldn't have done anything to Dart. Still, a tiny loss given that he really doesn't need it to ORKO things.

dart. Drat.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Not knowing how you were going to finish that sentence is killing me.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

"Brendan-kun, you're looking really hawt today! *Giggles* I'll give you a special time if you let me release a serial killer who really shouldn't have been one of the four fangs."

"Go ahead, dear."

I imagine that's exactly what happened, and no one can tell me otherwise.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

I think it's D in DS era, though.

To Cain's early game suffering, yes.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

h99pFBl.pngPoopnose! Carpet-seller! Fine! I'm sure YOUR cog in the wheel of fate will get several Get-Out-Of-Death-Free cards!

Shades of Elbert. Also, does that mean Helen and Raven were.... cogs of destiny?

1 hour ago, Benice said:

HgbgXxs.pngQyDS1gL.png

Yeah, but her speed and Dart's strength will balance out and it'll be like pairing Xander with Hinoka in revelations to make Siegbert good at both.

2 hours ago, Benice said:

3UoiGyQ.pngnxIN3tb.png

Harken found out about Isadora apparently.

o7y8uZJ.pngAOcxN3D.png

Wait, you were the one with the guiding ring? Oh. Not gonna complain!

I guess he literally stood between you and Nino...

ascCbeZ.pngmWuCV4m.png

Cutting their losses and escaping, in the hopes that they'll be assumed dead and the loot taken by you. So basically, they're hoping you'll get blamed for killing them and taking the goods.... when they are in fact alive enjoying their ill-gotten gains.

mZfbbwV.png

GLvXant.png

And whaddaya know, it worked.

"Join me Harken, and I will make you the grrrreatest face in Elibe. Or else... you Wil leave"

Well. I guess I'll put up a poll to see if you guys wanna see me slog back up to Pale Flower of Darkness.

Oh lord... it's worse than I could have guessed. Maybe just post the highlights?...

Spoiler

I dunno about Fiora, but Farine is french for Flour, so I'd assume that latin does something similar.

I see, that's cool then.

Well, enemies have had 9 AS since chapter 17, so it's not too hard to double anymore.

Wait you're serious 9 AS since chapter 17?! WOW.

But rescue-dropping isn't a thing in FE4, unless my brain has made a major gaffe.

I was thinking about how to make the map more like FE4 but keep it within the GBA boundaries.

Nope, definitely E in GBA era. I think it's D in DS era, though.

I'm fairly confident it's D rank in both eras... check sometime.

Gotta love the AI. Seriously, why do green units in Gaiden have better AI than Green units in the GBA era?!

Because Gaiden AI is so obnoxiously "I need to heal!" that it saves the green unit's asses.

*12 turns. Of doing nothing at all. Seriously, if it weren't for the fact that Lyn exists, a decent lineup could probably beat this chapter without moving.

I meant 16 turns of the map with Vaida.

ThInCiZ.pngPC4f7fY.png

So, how's life?

Passable I guess.

S7oCXb4.png

Wait...He drops it...

YESS! YES YES YES YES YES YES! YAS! I GET TO USE NINO! I GET TO USE A BAD UNIT! I refuse to let this thief escape!

YES!

3UoiGyQ.pngnxIN3tb.png

This happened to me too, it ended up happening I could only kill one of the 2... ugh.

ascCbeZ.pngmWuCV4m.png

Uhhhhh.... 😐 Don't ask lmao.

X3ipcuX.png

OHOHOHOHOHOHOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLYYYY MAKEREL WOW! I am sorry for dissing you.

NICE!

q8bT37r.png

...What?

...WHAT?

Ugh. Well, thank you for reading, and I hope you have a great week!

What in the name of? How does your restart button even work? Are you not saving in between chapters?

Spoiler
 16 hours ago, Benice said:

Um, but blame Twilitfalchion and Ruben! It's their faults that I'm playing Rune Factory and Berwick Saga rather than FE7! I had nothing to do with this delay!

I would be lying if I said this upsets me. More people playing Berwick Saga is a victory for me.

Right. I was sorta surprised that you didn't give 'em to Raigh.

My boot criteria for the GBA games is: if unit needs to keep up with support partners OR if unit is a knight I'm using for shits and giggles, give boots. Raigh was neither, Dougy was both.

Besides, Raigh died was injured while Dougy was the most hilarious unit in the run. Not most powerful or most fun, perhaps, but boy did I get some laughs out of getting a speed-blessed Dougy.

And the Seraph robe fixes that for you so even Soren can

...What happened here?

Anyway, yes, I agree with everything you said. It's what killed PoR for me, after all.

what?

Nothing, nothing

"Go ahead, dear."

Ah, fiddlesticks, you're right...

9.99/10 game.

And the PoW camp. 9.98.

And Obama. 9.96

And Gardy. 9.95

And Marvell. 9.94

And Simon. 9.93

And Volo. 9.92

I love that those four guys are each a separate flaw. Not that I can disagree.

As for the score, Sylvis, Axel and Owen all bring the game back to 10. So yeah. 10/10 would fanboy again.

17 hours ago, Benice said:

This reminds me of how I'm planning to get Merlinus a level when I LP FE6.

You madman. I don't think anyone has ever done that.

WBwyCB4.pngYou saw Raven defeated, did you not?

h99pFBl.pngHmph! I am done with you! You...You SCAMP!

WBwyCB4.png... I pray that our plan will truly come together...

Wait, what? You released an update featuring gods bickering... more or less at the same time as I did the same? What mad timing is this!?

Is Kenneth a pale flower?

Yxth2u1p o

aVi8B4o.pngE5tS3qR.png

If memory serves, absolutely nothing.

Honestly, Jan really should've been playable. There was no reason not to do it, and another playable brigand would've been cool. Even if he'd be extremely late.

Bravo!  Bravo! What a great unprompted speech! Hector's tearing up!

At least this guy is pretty clearly implied to have joined up alongside Nergal and Sonia. I couldn't fathom the thought process behind a supposedly noble assassins guild recruiting a priest that is clearly missing a screw or two.

mC90oOY.png

Nah, he's with Florina.

Maybe Canas? Dart?

Eli--

Nah, I'd say Canas. He might start doubling with it. That's something you might like.

QyDS1gL.png

And competing with your Florina, too... This just isn't Farina's run.

Tc6xBpu.png

THE ENEMY IS COMING FROM BEHIND

It's quiet... TOO QUIET!

SHOOT THE EIGHT SWITCHES TO OPEN THE LOCK! AIM FOR HIS BACK! STAY ALERT! SURPRISE ATTACK COMING FROM ABOVE! THEY'RE ATTACKING IN GROUPS! DON'T MESS UP THAT ARWING! NEVER GIVE UP, TRUST YOUR INSTINCTS! YOU GOT AN ENEMY ON YOUR TAIL! EVERYBODY STAY ALERT! WHAT'S TAKING YOU SO LONG, FOX!? DO A BARREL ROLL!

...Incidentally, R.I.P. Rick May. I can't believe I never knew he voiced both Peppy and the TF2 Soldier before he died... I love both Star Fox 64 and TF2! How did I never realize the connection!?

S7oCXb4.png

Wait...He drops it...

At this point, you might unironically have uses for her... as worrying as that may sound.

ss4zyY7.png

Well... Karel becomes a brilliant character if you take his FE6 form into account. So there's that.

Nooooooooooooooooo Eligoooooooooooood! The dream is dead...!

X3ipcuX.png

Well, he needs a bit less help now, that's for sure!

psf4HTn.png

Oh hi mark

I'm just wondering why he's speaking in plural. Who's "we"? He's all alone! Unless he's hallucinating that the rest of the deceased Pheraen soldiers are with him... Or, he's Athena's long lost cousin. Either one works.

He'll also probably be better than Raven, since I think that Raven at 20/8 has about these stats-But getting him to level 20 is a bit of a problem since he wants to become a hero really fast.

Not helping Raven's case is that he is dead.

q8bT37r.png

...What?

...WHAT?

Hoo, boy... Well. That's Canas's level down the drain.

This has happened to me. Once, in the FE12 LP. That's when I learned to stop using save states when playing FE. Or at least remove them once I'm done with them.

15 hours ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Meanwhile... in my LP...
*crickets*

Hey, it's for a good reason. Don't beat yourself up.

8 hours ago, This boi uses Nino said:

Because Gaiden AI is so obnoxiously "I need to heal!" that it saves the green unit's asses.

They're secretly TF2 players. A paper scratch and they're running towards the nearest health kit while spamming MEDIC!

8 hours ago, This boi uses Nino said:

What in the name of? How does your restart button even work? Are you not saving in between chapters?

Stray save states is my guess. It's happened to me before, back when I used save states more frequently. Nowadays, I usually delete save states after I'm done using them. Less potential for grievous mistakes.

That is something that I've noticed about FE7-It really does have a ton of dialogue in a lot of spots.

After all, the more dialouge, the more plotholes they can have.

Canas, c'mon, you had a whole 1/4 chance to crit! The odds were in your favor!

And may the odds ever be in your favor.

Even though this level is disappointing, it'd be really fun to run around with a 30-strength Dart, because at that point speed would be mostly inconsequential.

this guy has a 60% speed growth by the way.

They are all mini-legaults. 

mQrQgkZ.pngNsqgeSb.pngt6MVrF4.pngpsf4HTn.png

Oh hi mark

I think you should have kept Karel, considering that you got him the first time.

DEATH COUNT

add in three chapters of data. honestly this reminds me of the time I played ocarina of time where I replayed the section of the blue pearl to the water temple like three times.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It's quiet... TOO QUIET!

SHOOT THE EIGHT SWITCHES TO OPEN THE LOCK! AIM FOR HIS BACK! STAY ALERT! SURPRISE ATTACK COMING FROM ABOVE! THEY'RE ATTACKING IN GROUPS! DON'T MESS UP THAT ARWING! NEVER GIVE UP, TRUST YOUR INSTINCTS! YOU GOT AN ENEMY ON YOUR TAIL! EVERYBODY STAY ALERT! WHAT'S TAKING YOU SO LONG, FOX!? DO A BARREL ROLL!

...Incidentally, R.I.P. Rick May. I can't believe I never knew he voiced both Peppy and the TF2 Soldier before he died... I love both Star Fox 64 and TF2! How did I never realize the connection!?

Ah Starfox... I love that game, I lost my Starfox 64 3DS cartridge... I wish I hadn't.

They're secretly TF2 players. A paper scratch and they're running towards the nearest health kit while spamming MEDIC!

Man we're on a TF2 roll now! I never got to play too much but it was fun.

And yes. MEDIC!

Stray save states is my guess. It's happened to me before, back when I used save states more frequently. Nowadays, I usually delete save states after I'm done using them. Less potential for grievous mistakes.

Can't say it never happened to me.

9 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:
On 8/23/2020 at 1:50 PM, Benice said:

I like how you only counted four of them... and Volo's not even a thing thereby.

10 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:
On 8/23/2020 at 4:06 PM, The Roger The Paladin said:

Don't have to. My health did a pretty good job of that itself.

My dude saga, chapters 18, 19 and 20 again: Vaidab on the haters!/Barely an update...

I don't know why I'm using this fancy font, though.

Esteban is:

Spoiler
On 8/22/2020 at 10:09 PM, Eltosian Kadath said:

I think collectively the community has found a way to solo Gen 1 with every character.

I mean yeah, but it's far easier to do it with Sigurd than someone bad. Still, I didn't mind the first map of Gen. 2 or Chapter 4-Those were quite fun!

I guess we skipped the last bit of last chapter.

Oh. I guess I glossed over it.

I mean she did give you that Hammerne just last chapter...

But I have no warp staff to use it on! Well, I guess I can use it on the Luna tome.

Hopefully he doesn't die off like in my HHM Ironman.

Preposterous! You know who I am- DonDon wishes he was as good as me!

Now that is a lucky break.

No man, it was all planned out! Sorta like how I killed Shin and Milady off so that Allen could get more EXP! Flawless!

(Also, I plan to have the last bit done tomorrow, I just have low motivation for it since the chapter was...Well, not fun with about seven healing staff uses left.)

...and there is an unlucky one to balance it out. Now you will never get the brave sword, or the incredibly good Harken.

You know, Harken reminds me of the national anthem of the farm from Animal Farm.

Same reason Legault was stealing from them, getting away with the loot from this sinking ship of an organization.

I guess Morphs have ulterior motives too.

...Oof. Yeah that purge hit you have to suffer through to get to those last enemies is a harrowing experience.

The dumb part was that I didn't think that the swordmaster moved because I miscounted his movement range and baited him with Florina, as  she faced 0 crit, but I left her one space outside of his attack range...

... That is an unfortunate save state to get dragged back to.  Hopefully it isn't too misery inducing to get back.

The weird part is that I didn't even have a save-state there! It's the same button that did the thing all the way back in chapter 10, resulting in Matthew's death. Maybe it's the go back x amount of frames button? I have no clue...

On 8/22/2020 at 11:06 PM, The Roger The Paladin said:

Hide contents

Meanwhile... in my LP...
*crickets*

Hey now, you have a good excuse! There is no shame in taking good care of yourself!

dart. Drat.

Dart is almost more accurate, with how badly screwed he is...

Not knowing how you were going to finish that sentence is killing me.

Oh shoot!

I think I trying to say "That and the fact that nobody else needs the angelic robe" or "Ike support=invincible."

Or bexp, but because I'm lazy I'll just copy-paste a rant from elsewhere:

I think I was gonna complain about how stupidly OP BEXP is, though. I mean, c'mon! I could have brought Mia and Boyd to level 20 in the first chapter with BEXP! IN HARD MODE!!! WHERE BEXP IS HALLLVEEEDDDD!!!!!

I imagine that's exactly what happened, and no one can tell me otherwise.

Unfortunately, things didn't turn out fine and (Bren)dandy. At least not for Pascal.

To Cain's early game suffering, yes.

He Cain't use lances very well at all! If only he were Abel to use them, then the enemies would be a-Freyd.

I am far too proud of that.

Shades of Elbert. Also, does that mean Helen and Raven were.... cogs of destiny?

Ugh...Well yes, I suppose you're right. I wonder if some metacognition would allow them to realize this!

Yeah, but her speed and Dart's strength will balance out and it'll be like pairing Xander with Hinoka in revelations to make Siegbert good at both.

I forgot that Xander wasn't Ryoma and thought you were memeing about Fates' incest there.

...Also, I haven't played fates, so I fear that this comparison is lost on me.

Harken found out about Isadora apparently.

I'm still safe! Whew!

I guess he literally stood between you and Nino...

He stood Nino chance at survival!

Cutting their losses and escaping, in the hopes that they'll be assumed dead and the loot taken by you. So basically, they're hoping you'll get blamed for killing them and taking the goods.... when they are in fact alive enjoying their ill-gotten gains.

That, or the morphs are hoping to morph their lives into something meaningful.

"Join me Harken, and I will make you the grrrreatest face in Elibe. Or else... you Wil leave"

He Wil leave a little to be desired compared to Wil!

Oh lord... it's worse than I could have guessed. Maybe just post the highlights?...
And that will be what I'm doing! I'm glad you guys want this too, because redoing those long chapters would have been tedious...

On 8/23/2020 at 6:06 AM, This boi uses Nino said:
  Hide contents

I see, that's cool then.

Some people Dough not believe that the Fiora is related to the pun, and for good reason, I think. (Geddit? Flour, Dough?

Wait you're serious 9 AS since chapter 17?! WOW.

I think so, yeah. Enemies haven't really gotten any stronger than they were then.

I was thinking about how to make the map more like FE4 but keep it within the GBA boundaries.

Ah, IC.

I'm fairly confident it's D rank in both eras... check sometime.

It is E in GeeBeeA era. (Almost Bee gee a era, so close to greatness.)

That's true! I still like it though.

I meant 16 turns of the map with Vaida.

Ain't it twelve? Pretty sure it's twelve.

Passable I guess.

That's good! Or passable, I guess.

YES!

There's Nino stopping me now!!

This happened to me too, it ended up happening I could only kill one of the 2... ugh.

Oof. It's too bad Swordmasters are so useless in this game...

Uhhhhh.... 😐 Don't ask lmao.

I guess they've Legaultta go!

NICE!

Indeed, a very Canice level! Wait, Canice sounds like a bad ship between me and Canas.

How does it work? Wish I knew... I didn't even have a save-state there.

On 8/23/2020 at 2:20 PM, Saint Rubenio said:
  Hide contents

I would be lying if I said this upsets me. More people playing Berwick Saga is a victory for me.

You Berwicked man!

My boot criteria for the GBA games is: if unit needs to keep up with support partners OR if unit is a knight I'm using for shits and giggles, give boots. Raigh was neither, Dougy was both.

That works, I guess. Although I do prefer "Swiftsoles" to "Boots". It sounds a lot more dramatic and important.

Besides, Raigh died was injured while Dougy was the most hilarious unit in the run. Not most powerful or most fun, perhaps, but boy did I get some laughs out of getting a speed-blessed Dougy.

He was the Douglast one we'd expect to be speed-blessed! Then again, in the FE6 draft, I picked Wade in the third round, and this was the result.

VDwfp7H.png

He has base 5 speed and a 20% growth-He got it eight times in ten levels, meaning that he was +6 in speed. Add that to his godlike promotion, and you've got a monster.

...What happened here?

ALIENS! ALIENS ABDUCTED ME! (AKA I don't remember)

I think I was gonna complain about how stupidly OP BEXP is, though. I mean, c'mon! I could have brought Mia and Boyd to level 20 in the first chapter with BEXP! IN HARD MODE!!! WHERE BEXP IS HALLLVEEEDDDD!!!!!

Anyway, yes, I agree with everything you said. It's what killed PoR for me, after all.

Yeah, I agree. I'll try to push through, but it's tough with the huge backlog of games I'm enjoying- Rune Factory 4, Shadows of Valentia, the FE6 draft, Master mode BotW, this LP, Berwick Saga...

I'm not good at staying focused on one thing at a time, okay?!

Nothing, nothing

...Okay.

Ah, fiddlesticks, you're right...

Brendan needs to chill out! Also, I wish he were a bit younger/Sonia looked a bit older, though.

Also, I don't think I used Kun properly in this scenario.

As for the score, Sylvis, Axel and Owen all bring the game back to 10. So yeah. 10/10 would fanboy again.

Honestly for me, it's Esteban who's my favorite character-His character arc is neat and I can relate to him in some ways.

You madman. I don't think anyone has ever done that.

Well, we'll see. I bet I'll manage to get Merlinus killed permanently too!

Wait, what? You released an update featuring gods bickering... more or less at the same time as I did the same? What mad timing is this!?

Well, I remembered that I forgot about this part a few updates back.
Yxth2u1p o
How are you so good at these glorious edits?!
And nice name, yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.png is a classic.

If memory serves, absolutely nothing.

"So Brendy, how was your beer last night?"

"Ah, pretty good, Jan. Too bad the serial killers my wife released went on a spree. The police sirens were annoying!"

"..."

Honestly, Jan really should've been playable. There was no reason not to do it, and another playable brigand would've been cool. Even if he'd be extremely late.

I totally agree! Brigands are fun, and he's referenced a lot in the BF supports. Which is weird given how absent from the plot he is.

At least this guy is pretty clearly implied to have joined up alongside Nergal and Sonia. I couldn't fathom the thought process behind a supposedly noble assassins guild recruiting a priest that is clearly missing a screw or two.

That would would make sense!

...Were it not for the fact that his unit description says that he's the Shrike of the Black Fang, meaning that FE7 messed up twice here-That guy from 19xx whose name I can't remember was also the Shrike.

Nah, he's with Florina.

GEITZ IS DEAD

Eli--

Nah, I'd say Canas. He might start doubling with it. That's something you might like.

He's already doubling, but he's on the cusp of not doing so...

And competing with your Florina, too... This just isn't Farina's run.

I was hoping that she'd get Far(ina), but sadly, things didn't work out.

It's quiet... TOO QUIET!

I thought that this was Merlinus for a second.

Oh. R.I.P Rick May, indeed, even if I never did play either TF2 or Star Fox 64.

At this point, you might unironically have uses for her... as worrying as that may sound.

I was intending to use her from the start, at least! Besides, from what I remember about Night of Farewells, it's Grind the Est up: The map. And boltings.

Well... Karel becomes a brilliant character if you take his FE6 form into account. So there's that.

True-This was a nice inclusion of FE6 lore. You know, when FE7 gets remade, I think that the plot could be good- It has some good nods to FE6 and could be interesting, they just botched the story fairly often, but that could be changed:

Make Nergal not the worst villain in the franchise, fix the Black Fang, get rid of the absurd gaiden requirements, add in Hector's half-brother as a playable character or NPC, and boom! Instantly better. And remove Mark, for god's sake. Lyn could have been so much better if Lyn mode weren't comprised of her praising Mark.

Nooooooooooooooooo Eligoooooooooooood! The dream is dead...!

He Elishould have seen it coming...

Well, he needs a bit less help now, that's for sure!

He sure didn't half-(Can)ass that level!

I'm just wondering why he's speaking in plural. Who's "we"? He's all alone! Unless he's hallucinating that the rest of the deceased Pheraen soldiers are with him... Or, he's Athena's long lost cousin. Either one works.

Yep, I believe it's supposed to be him losing his mind from guilt and speaking as all of the knights of Pherae. I actually do like Harken, though. He's kind of like a better Astram in my opinion.

Not helping Raven's case is that he is dead.

Nah, that's not a problem.

Hoo, boy... Well. That's Canas's level down the drain.

It's okay, he'll do that again! The power of the Monocle will carry him!

This has happened to me. Once, in the FE12 LP. That's when I learned to stop using save states when playing FE. Or at least remove them once I'm done with them.

The weird part is that I didn't have a save state there! It's kinda like that thing all the way back in Chapter ten-The emulator randomly loaded me to a point where there was no save-state or anything! Of course, this one didn't kill my only thief, just my mind.

Exactly!

Accurate. I like how SoV actually kept that mechanic, to a lesser extent. I also quite liked the dungeons thing.

I once erased Lot getting two perfect levels in a row. Never again.

On 8/23/2020 at 2:40 PM, Hello72207 said:

After all, the more dialouge, the more plotholes they can have.

Very true!

And may the odds ever be in your favor.

Just like Florina's levels? Those were in my favor!

this guy has a 60% speed growth by the way.

At this point, it's a bit too late to put it to good use.

They are all mini-legaults. 

Morphs on the run!

I think you should have kept Karel, considering that you got him the first time.

Yeah, probably. I am genuinely concerned about a softlock on Battle Before Dawn, though.

add in three chapters of data. honestly this reminds me of the time I played ocarina of time where I replayed the section of the blue pearl to the water temple like three times.

Ah yes, everyone's FAVORITE Zelda temple. I wonder if we'll ever get a water temple that's good!

Oh wait, ancient cistern is one of my favorites. Nevermind.

The Besteban:

Spoiler

Anyways, barring a ragequit reset on Four Fanged offense because of the Bolting Sage, nothing at all happened.

pPvAYi4.pngTjLeatP.pngTJk5ppK.png

Eliwood, Rath and Farina all turned out better! I chose to promote Farina because I want dat tankiness.

eLK53Ed.pngr3zD0hm.pngfEzNGcN.pngtLV3bGf.png

Just for funsies, I decided to do a non-canon run on Unfulfilled heart where I'd kill Vaida. It was kind of easy, to be honest. That said, it would have been much harder if I didn't arena abuse/have Filla's might.

52kEUsy.png

Also, Wil died to a Luna crit on the Kill Vaida run.

Zayn9w0.pngWVG5iNp.png

I also had fun with a triangle attack! I wonder if they can miss despite the fact that they guarantee a crit.

e8Unls4.png8SNiMxm.pngL1o6mNx.pngtvII5e9.png

I still find it weird that this chapter is a defense chapter. It'd have been cool if it were a defeat boss w/time limit to prevent Vaida from escaping.

FFjRmbs.png

We got our anti-softlock button...

IGGVeW0.png

Our Nino-promoter...

CRB3cgS.pngzVC025a.png

Our restank... (How blessed is he in res?!) 22 res cannot be normal. And dat 17 speed without the speedwings!

z5F3gEA.png

And Kenneth really annoyingly has a large crit rate.

67H1n37.png

I don't know why I hammerne'd Nosferatu. I guess there's barely a warp staff to use it on.

k2gBHNJ.png

Also, Florina still hasn't capped strength.

U0fai33.png

Yes. Yes, it does.

ecfPbgS.png

Curse you reset butttoooonnn! I want dat 23 strankths!

Oh joy, about 95 screenshots of people talking about stuff! Legitimately asking, how invested are you guys into the plot? 'Cause I won't bother showing much of it if you guys don't care.

Anyways, that's it for this mini-update! It was slower than it should have been given its length, but I deleted it when I was close to done. Next time, we'll be battling before the sun rises up! Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed and have a great week!

jB5SR83.pngWe'll drop you off here! Good luck!

IGJed5l.png(Now we only have to inform Glass' mercenary group and all will fall into place...)

4qJS2Ah.pngThank you for assisting us.

zcLPBgx.png..... ...!

4qJS2Ah.pngThat was very kind of them to help us. Now we may be able to find sir Glass once more! We'd best rest up at the inn before embarking.

Lj5P3ab.pngGlass...

LZZ9C4m.pngHuh?! Who...Show yourself!

Lj5P3ab.pngGo to the royal manse... All will become clear...

LZZ9C4m.pngBecause a disembodied voice is very trustworthy. Not a chance! I've wasted lives before... Never again.

Lj5P3ab.pngHelen's life will be justified...All will be made right...

LZZ9C4m.png...I don't believe you.

Lj5P3ab.pngAnd you will be reunited with Priscilla.

a3tvh0D.png...We're going.

LZZ9C4m.pngWhat? No, we we're not!

5RPLYTm.pngListen to Glass, Raven! What proof do we have that-

a3tvh0D.pngI will carve my own path in life. Alone. Friendship is for fools.

Vw9ibI9.pngGet back here, you pinheaded ninny! Ugh...Why does he insist on being a cliche edgy swordsman?

LZZ9C4m.pngI think we should go with him. I don't want to let another die in my name...

5RPLYTm.pngI will follow you to the ends of Elibe and beyond, Glass! Not as a mercenary, but as a friend! I'm certain that we're all with you for the long haul.

Vw9ibI9.pngWhat are we waiting for? The edgelord is getting away! Sally forth!

a3tvh0D.pngEvery last one of them is a fool... Who would believe in others?

That night...

4qJS2Ah.pngZzz...Zz...Zzz...

zcLPBgx.png.. ..! ...... .......

4qJS2Ah.pngH-huh? Sir Derricc? What's wrong?

zcLPBgx.png..... . ... .. ..... ......

4qJS2Ah.pngOh my...You're right! What's with all of those wyverns attacking the manse?

zcLPBgx.png.. .... .. .... ... ......! .... ...... .. .... .... ... .....

4qJS2Ah.pngOf course! I will protect you until the end, should the manse become our grave.

zcLPBgx.png. .. ....... .. ...... ..., ......

15 minutes ago, Benice said:

Bolting Sage

I really dislike siege tomes. Especially Kenneth's map.

15 minutes ago, Benice said:

I chose to promote Farina because I want dat tankiness.

A new member of your flier harem, maybe?

16 minutes ago, Benice said:

Also, Wil died to a Luna crit on the Kill Vaida run.

He Wil likely not return from the dead this time.

17 minutes ago, Benice said:

I still find it weird that this chapter is a defense chapter. It'd have been cool if it were a defeat boss w/time limit to prevent Vaida from escaping.

That sounds like a good idea, ngl.

18 minutes ago, Benice said:

Our restank... (How blessed is he in res?!) 22 res cannot be normal. And dat 17 speed without the speedwings!

Leagues better than the Canas I went to endgame with, that's for sure.

20 minutes ago, Benice said:

Also, Florina still hasn't capped strength.

Florina, why don't you come back when you're a little, MMMMM, stronger?

20 minutes ago, Benice said:

Yes. Yes, it does.

giphy.gif

21 minutes ago, Benice said:

Legitimately asking, how invested are you guys into the plot? 'Cause I won't bother showing much of it if you guys don't care.

Of the game, not at all. Of the Benice-authored fanfic, absolutely.

------------

Welp, sorry about missing the last update. But looking forward to the next one! 👍

Spoiler
1 hour ago, Benice said:

It is E in GeeBeeA era. (Almost Bee gee a era, so close to greatness.)

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Ain't it twelve? Pretty sure it's twelve.

No omg I'm tellling youuuuuuuu aaaaaa

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Oh joy, about 95 screenshots of people talking about stuff! Legitimately asking, how invested are you guys into the plot? 'Cause I won't bother showing much of it if you guys don't care.

Well I really don't lol, I mean if you want to show it do it! If you don't then don't, I'll read it anyways.

Well that was short.

Canas is hyper blessed in Res and Speed holy duck lol

3 hours ago, Benice said:

Yeah, probably. I am genuinely concerned about a softlock on Battle Before Dawn, though.

You have three pegasi, you will most certainly not get softlocked

I did it with two fliers.

Ah yes, everyone's FAVORITE Zelda temple. I wonder if we'll ever get a water temple that's good!

I NEVER GOT TO BEAT THAT STUPID GAME EITHER BECAUSE THE EMULATOR'S CONTROLS WERE NOT SENSITIVE ENOUGH FOR A PART.

I'm still salty about that.

I also had fun with a triangle attack! I wonder if they can miss despite the fact that they guarantee a crit.

nope, it is a guaranteed crit+hit. This is why it is useful for training Wendy in FE6.

FFjRmbs.png

We got our anti-softlock button...

KAREL GANG RISE UP

although i did say Harken was a unit for people that were struggling, but whatever.

Spoiler
On 8/26/2020 at 9:40 PM, Benice said:

That works, I guess. Although I do prefer "Swiftsoles" to "Boots". It sounds a lot more dramatic and important.

True. It does make them sound like special boots, rather than just, y'know... a regular old pair of boots that the units wear over their own boots.

VDwfp7H.png

He has base 5 speed and a 20% growth-He got it eight times in ten levels, meaning that he was +6 in speed. Add that to his godlike promotion, and you've got a monster.

Goodness, even my own Wade wasn't this good! He was decent, but for the most part he suffered from being Lot But Worse. Not that it mattered, Wade's support made Lot even better.

Honestly for me, it's Esteban who's my favorite character-His character arc is neat and I can relate to him in some ways.

Completely understandable. I quite enjoyed his character arc, and I'm really sad I don't get to show it off.

How are you so good at these glorious edits?!

I have peerless skill with the "free area selection" tool.

And nice name, yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.png is a classic.

Up there with "Oh_God_why_did_I_make_this.png", "urk.png" and "please_step_on_me.png"

Believe it or not, the imagine sporting that last name is the least questionable of the three.

...Were it not for the fact that his unit description says that he's the Shrike of the Black Fang, meaning that FE7 messed up twice here-That guy from 19xx whose name I can't remember was also the Shrike.

Didnt they do that twice? Eubans has the same nickname as Legault.

True-This was a nice inclusion of FE6 lore. You know, when FE7 gets remade, I think that the plot could be good- It has some good nods to FE6 and could be interesting, they just botched the story fairly often, but that could be changed:

Make Nergal not the worst villain in the franchise, fix the Black Fang, get rid of the absurd gaiden requirements, add in Hector's half-brother as a playable character or NPC, and boom! Instantly better. And remove Mark, for god's sake. Lyn could have been so much better if Lyn mode weren't comprised of her praising Mark.

Indeed. Most of their choices were questionable (no Yodel and Niime, no sign of Orun anywhere, Etruria and Ilia are ignored entirely, Erik randomly gets a backstory, Marcus is the same character as in FE6 but with less wrinkles), but with Karel they were right on the money. We actually get to see the monster he once was, and that gives more weight to his remorseful demeanor 20 years later.

Also, they wouldn't remove Mark, don't kid yourself. If anything, they'd give him more of a presence. IntSys loves their avatars these days, even if they all, without exception, suck as characters, and only one benefits from their avatarness as a unit (I'm talking about Kris, they're the only ones you can truly customize as units, the others could be a static character and it wouldn't make a difference).

I once erased Lot getting two perfect levels in a row. Never again.

Reading this line nearly made me suffer a stroke. Thanks.

TjLeatP.png

Eliwood, Rath and Farina all turned out better! I chose to promote Farina because I want dat tankiness.

All 14 defense.

CRB3cgS.pngzVC025a.png

Great! He got his speed back, with interest! That's my Whitehairs!

...in case you don't get it, canas = white hairs in spanish. So that's funny.

U0fai33.png

Nah, you've won the prize! Head towards the light to redeem it.

ecfPbgS.png

Curse you reset butttoooonnn! I want dat 23 strankths!

Are you complaining? Really? Have you seen her stats?! Defense is her only weakness! Well, that and con. But con cannot be fixed. GBA hates pegasi.

Legitimately asking, how invested are you guys into the plot? 'Cause I won't bother showing much of it if you guys don't care.

The plot of FE7? Not very, but complaining about it is always fun, so at least show the big fuck-ups. Your plot? Keep it coming.

a3tvh0D.pngI will carve my own path in life. Alone. Friendship is for fools.

I think I've got the perfect theme for this scene.

4qJS2Ah.pngOf course! I will protect you until the end, should the manse become our grave.

zcLPBgx.png. .. ....... .. ...... ..., ......

Oh my, these two are heading to their deaths.

Or, rather, Priscilla's death. Derrick cannot die. He's the hero of this story. He causes a reset upon dying.

Anyway, I wish them luck and a safe reunion with edgeman and company.

On 8/26/2020 at 10:04 PM, twilitfalchion said:

How dare you steal my running joke from The Roger's thread, I'll kill you.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

*sweats nervously*

Um..uh...blame the shop guy from the Zelda CD-i games! Benice tempted me to steal jokes by sharing the videos, lol.

Edited by twilitfalchion

Spoiler
 On 8/29/2020 at 4:37 AM, twilitfalchion said:

*sweats nervously*

Um..uh...blame the shop guy from the Zelda CD-i games! Benice tempted me to steal jokes by sharing the videos, lol.

I wouldn't worry about it. Ruben always threatens to kill people. Usually his readers. Sometimes his units. Almost certainly people who hit on Sylvis.

On 8/27/2020 at 5:40 AM, Benice said:

Hey now, you have a good excuse! There is no shame in taking good care of yourself!

I wish I took better. I frigging relapsed because... actually, I don't even know. I think my glands just ended up over-sensitive... because there's no infection per se this time... yet. Either way, it's surely headache inducing.

He Cain't use lances very well at all! If only he were Abel to use them, then the enemies would be a-Freyd.

Ah, but if you remember, he got past that rough start in my LP... and now he's Abel to use the Ridersbane... so the enemies are in for a Caining when they bring their horses to the Frey.

That, or the morphs are hoping to morph their lives into something meaningful.

Or at least something morph meaningful.

Accurate. I like how SoV actually kept that mechanic, to a lesser extent. I also quite liked the dungeons thing.

Makes it a lot easier to recruit Delthea if you have a unit who can "talk about mercy".

Make Nergal not the worst villain in the franchise

I'd dare say he ranks above Validar, Thales or Garon & Anankos.... though do they count on the same level? Arguable. Jedah and Duma really weren't all that impressive either from a character role (especially prior to building Duma up a bit more in SoV). If we're counting Formoritiis, he's literally carried by the much better Lyon. Grima.... got more development outside his game than he ever did in it. I find it ironic that a lot of the more "minor villains" across the series are probably better written than the major ones. Guess that's the cost of being a final boss. Nuance.

Oh wait, ancient cistern is one of my favorites. Nevermind.

I saw the first sentence and was about to raise you Ancient Cistern. Personally though, I actually like the ones from Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess as well. Actually, there isn't a temple in Twilight Princess I don't like barring the Twilight Realm. I do have my irritation with Snowhead in Majora's Mask... and that last fairy specifically.

Edited by The Roger The Paladin
Forgot spoiler tab

My dude saga, chapter 21: I'm feeling kinda Cheesed off.

I believe in the power that comes:

Spoiler
On 8/26/2020 at 1:04 PM, twilitfalchion said:
Spoiler

I really dislike siege tomes. Especially Kenneth's map.

Funnily enough, Kenneth's map isn't the most offensive use of them in this game IMO-It's not a good map, but I'll get to that later in the response...

A new member of your flier harem, maybe?

No way, I already have to simp on Margaret! I can't afford Farina too! Not to mention how hard it is to confess in the first place...

He Wil likely not return from the dead this time.

I will Wil him back to life always!

That sounds like a good idea, ngl.

Well, I've always wanted a defeat boss chapter where the boss is trying to escape or mobile or something like that, rather than hanging around in the back. Of course, it does come with the disadvantage of easy 1-2 turn clears being possible...

Leagues better than the Canas I went to endgame with, that's for sure.

Feels bad.

EEEUURGGH PLEASE FLORINA GET STRENGTH SPARE ME FROM THE MORSHU

giphy.gif

The Pale Flower of Darkness, subjected to being yelled at by a high-quality GIF.

Of the game, not at all. Of the Benice-authored fanfic, absolutely.

Oh, okay! Glad to hear that you're enjoying it, even if I've made the whole thing up more or less on the fly.

------------

Welp, sorry about missing the last update. But looking forward to the next one! 👍
No need to apologize! This is all you missed: (Mostly just me raging about bolting, to be honest. The formatting also died here.)

EDIT: And Florina had capped strength before the whole rewind three chapters thing...

Spoiler

mCefXqA.png

HEAAAAAATTHH!!!

YBWfPMw.png

THOU CREAM-FACED LOON! THOU CLAY-BRAINED GUTS! THOU KNOTTY-PATTED FOOL! YOU SCULLION! YOU RAMPALLION! BIOGAS!

QBXB2Wy.png

What? But bolting only has ten range, and-

THE BOLTING SAGE MOVES?! WHAT THE HECK?! WHY?! A 31-ATTACK POWER SAGE WITH SIXTEEN SPACES WHERE HE CAN REACH?!

WoUHnZY.png

GOD FRICKING DAMMIT! NO! WHY IS THERE A MOVING BOLTING SAGE?! GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRGHH!

7p8qvca.png

I AGREE OSWIN.

HAHAHA! THE RUN IS CRASHING AND BURNING! OUR BEST TANK DIED!

Although at least this one was invalidated by Lyn.

!

4NVXNOn.png7uFZkrq.png

Very Lyn.

Yays. I get to deal with Mr. Bolting sage again!

Well, take 2!

WIYnFRc.pngtTm8tNr.png

LYN, STOP GETTING HIT BY 30'S!

Urgh... Take 3... 

Spoiler

Nice, nice. Dart'll only need a few more turns to clean up on his end. Unless the fliers just don't stop coming.

8FJhn74.png8amsYc9.png

Hah! What do you say to THAT?

PyBCLnx.png

I forgot to move Heath...

RDqoOdu.png

---

As an unpromoted unit, who has gained two more levels than Wil did as an archer- Rath has higher stats in everything but strength, skill, defense and luck, with his defense being quite solid and Rath actually being able to double. And being in a better class. With better con. And a not pitiful promotion.

And speaking of promotion...

xCqA1E4.pngmY8ayXb.pnghIgFFWV.pngk3rrlx6.png

---

dbwatTb.png4k4mjfh.png2G3YBOM.png

q8bT37r.png

...What?

...WHAT?

WHY AM I BACK IN FOUR-FANGED OFFENSE?! GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

---

Yxth2u1p o

On 8/26/2020 at 2:02 PM, This boi uses Nino said:
Spoiler

Hide contents

No omg I'm tellling youuuuuuuu aaaaaa

Okay, well I was wrong about Vaida's map, checked the pitfall wiki.

It's eleven turns, not twelve. Javelins are E, though.

Well I really don't lol, I mean if you want to show it do it! If you don't then don't, I'll read it anyways.

Okie-dokie!

Well that was short.
Well, it was a breeze to get through the chapters again. There wasn't much worth mentioning.
Canas is hyper blessed in Res and Speed holy duck lol

Let's see...

8 base res and 45% growth, and I think we promoted him at level seventeen, and he's level eight again now, meaning that he's earned seventeen levels...

So he should have 16 res, including promotion bonuses.

As for speed, 8 base on top of 35% growth, means he should have 16 speed at this level. Actually, he's only a smidge above average for speed! Still, + 6 res is pretty good! Not sure if it's superfluous, but whatever. Big numbers look cool!

On 8/26/2020 at 4:28 PM, Hello72207 said:
Spoiler

You have three pegasi, you will most certainly not get softlocked

But only two of them are really viable! Besides, I got softlocked on this map. Twice. On Eliwood Normal. Then again, it was literally my second week of FE.

I did it with two fliers.

Yes, but you're better than me!

I NEVER GOT TO BEAT THAT STUPID GAME EITHER BECAUSE THE EMULATOR'S CONTROLS WERE NOT SENSITIVE ENOUGH FOR A PART.

Imagine not paying Nintendo to play it on Virtual Console. (I don't know why we did that. I guess 'cause Emulation's illegal.)

I'm still salty about that.

Hm! I couldn't tell.

nope, it is a guaranteed crit+hit. This is why it is useful for training Wendy in FE6.

Please. Who would use Wendy?! I always use top-tier units for optimized strats!

KAREL GANG RISE UP

although i did say Harken was a unit for people that were struggling, but whatever.

I am the definition of a struggling player.

On 8/28/2020 at 11:29 AM, Saint Rubenio said:
  Hide contents

True. It does make them sound like special boots, rather than just, y'know... a regular old pair of boots that the units wear over their own boots.

And what good would it do for horses? Or pegasi/wyverns? "Here, Huey/Makar! Put these leather boots over your horseshoes so you can't land properly!

Goodness, even my own Wade wasn't this good! He was decent, but for the most part he suffered from being Lot But Worse. Not that it mattered, Wade's support made Lot even better.

Too bad it's an FE6 normal run, where the doubling bar isn't very high.

Completely understandable. I quite enjoyed his character arc, and I'm really sad I don't get to show it off.

I will have to Estebanish you from the realm for not getting to show his character arc!

I have peerless skill with the "free area selection" tool.

A skill I sadly lack. But at least I can tell puns! And kill top-tier units in chapter 13x. This is also a talent!

Up there with "Oh_God_why_did_I_make_this.png", "urk.png" and "please_step_on_me.png"

Please_Step_On_Me.png? I didn't know you made Sylvis fanart.

Believe it or not, the imagine sporting that last name is the least questionable of the three.

Ooh dear...

Didnt they do that twice? Eubans has the same nickname as Legault.

I mean...

They're at least not part of the same organization? So it works?

Also, wait. Legault is second in skill only to the Black fang, apparently. How?

Indeed. Most of their choices were questionable (no Yodel and Niime, no sign of Orun anywhere, Etruria and Ilia are ignored entirely, Erik randomly gets a backstory, Marcus is the same character as in FE6 but with less wrinkles), but with Karel they were right on the money. We actually get to see the monster he once was, and that gives more weight to his remorseful demeanor 20 years later.

The writers were Kareally feeling the FE6 vibes at this part!

Also, they wouldn't remove Mark, don't kid yourself. If anything, they'd give him more of a presence. IntSys loves their avatars these days, even if they all, without exception, suck as characters, and only one benefits from their avatarness as a unit (I'm talking about Kris, they're the only ones you can truly customize as units, the others could be a static character and it wouldn't make a difference).

But if they get rid of Mark, they, uh... save a whole lot of time so they don't have to write so many supports and whatnot? I still don't understand why people like Mark.

Reading this line nearly made me suffer a stroke. Thanks.

Nooo, my views! I need the views! You are not allowed to suffer a stroke from my pro strats!

All 14 defense.

It's as good as my team's got, sadly-Eliwood's barely any tankier than Florina, Florina's squishy, Fiora's squishy, Nino will be squishy, Canas is squishy-ish...The only ones truly exempt from squishiness are Oswin and Harken. Dart's got a lot of HP, but not much in terms of defense to back it up...

Great! He got his speed back, with interest! That's my Whitehairs!

...in case you don't get it, canas = white hairs in spanish. So that's funny.

So I guess he gave you a few Canas every time he got a bad level?

Nah, you've won the prize! Head towards the light to redeem it.

Pfft...That's a good one.

Are you complaining? Really? Have you seen her stats?! Defense is her only weakness! Well, that and con. But con cannot be fixed. GBA hates pegasi.

Unless I CONspire to give Florina as many Body Rings as possible-I seem to recall there being a second one?

And even though 22 strength still ORKO's everything, I can't flex about having a 23 strength Florina yet... I'm not seriously sad, though.

The plot of FE7? Not very, but complaining about it is always fun, so at least show the big fuck-ups.

So almost the whole thing?

Your plot? Keep it coming.

Derricc hard carrying the story.

I think I've got the perfect theme for this scene.

If only text could have background music...

Oh my, these two are heading to their deaths.

Or, rather, Priscilla's death. Derrick cannot die. He's the hero of this story. He causes a reset upon dying.

Nah, Derrick's got Ninian-tier defensive stats and attack to match Dart!

Anyway, I wish them luck and a safe reunion with edgeman and company.

What harrowing trials will Derriscilla endure?! Find out next time, on MY DUDE'S MISADVENTURES1!!1!!

How dare you threaten the amount of views I get per update, I'll kill you! I HAVE SHAVER ON MY SIDE! AHAHAHAHAHA!

On 8/28/2020 at 11:37 AM, twilitfalchion said:

*sweats nervously*

Oh, sure. Blame me. When have I ever thrown YOU under the bus?

On 8/22/2020 at 8:50 PM, Benice said:

AND WHO PUT THAT QUOTE THERE?!

3 hours ago, The Roger The Paladin said:
  Hide contents

I wouldn't worry about it. Ruben always threatens to kill people. Usually his readers. Sometimes his units. Almost certainly people who hit on Sylvis.

Or Paramythis, for that matter. Or Douglas.

I wish I took better. I frigging relapsed because... actually, I don't even know. I think my glands just ended up over-sensitive... because there's no infection per se this time... yet. Either way, it's surely headache inducing.

Oof. Get better soon!

Ah, but if you remember, he got past that rough start in my LP... and now he's Abel to use the Ridersbane... so the enemies are in for a Caining when they bring their horses to the Frey.

And he's strong enough to throw an Abelisk!

Okay, wow. Even I'm shamed of that one.

Or at least something morph meaningful.

I still think a playable Morph would have been cool. Playable Kishuna when?

It's hard to tell because FE7 likes being mysterious and I haven't seen the last Kishuna chapter, but I think that Kishuna is supposed to have his own emotions?

Makes it a lot easier to recruit Delthea if you have a unit who can "talk about mercy".

(You may wanna turn down your volume, by the way)

I'd dare say he ranks above Validar, Thales or Garon & Anankos.... though do they count on the same level? Arguable. Jedah and Duma really weren't all that impressive either from a character role (especially prior to building Duma up a bit more in SoV). If we're counting Formoritiis, he's literally carried by the much better Lyon. Grima.... got more development outside his game than he ever did in it. I find it ironic that a lot of the more "minor villains" across the series are probably better written than the major ones. Guess that's the cost of being a final boss. Nuance.

I haven't played Shadows of Fateswakening yet, (although I've started Birthright and SoV recently) and from what I've seen, Jedah is just your average One-note cultist, but at least he doesn't ruin the plot everywhere it touches him. That said, I've heard that Garon and the boyz do that too.

I saw the first sentence and was about to raise you Ancient Cistern. Personally though, I actually like the ones from Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess as well. Actually, there isn't a temple in Twilight Princess I don't like barring the Twilight Realm. I do have my irritation with Snowhead in Majora's Mask... and that last fairy specifically.

Lakebed temple? It's... It's the 2nd best attempt at a good water temple in a zelda game that I've played. I really oughta play Majora's Mask soon...

My problem with the temples in Twilight Princess is that I found them to almost all be relatively similar and weren't anything new, aside from City in the sky and somewhat temple of time. Still, I am pretty biased against Twilight Princess because the last time I played it, it was directly after Skyward Sword, which is by far my favorite game of all time, so I probably was necessarily prejudiced against it.

From the world brought together as one:

Spoiler

pbTZ7Rf.pngc2Fmi5o.png8UP3Gco.png

GAgLQCF.png

UOPcpWA.pngiFR3Vpi.pnginWb8Ab.png

Nino wants to have a talk about genes. Jaffar wants nothing to do with it.

8Lbqz9F.png28hEB1c.pngBVWOHSO.png1YeLuzt.png

Also, I'm not gonna lie, Nino is one of the redeeming parts of FE7's plot for me-They did a good job of developing her character despite the fact that she's not very important to the plot. Jaffar...He just kinda disappeared. Maybe they should have just made Nino and Jaffar have an A support and have Jaffar retreat too?

Oh, and Zephiel's inclusion was also nice.

GtpjpqA.pngEGKaMWN.png

Dot dot dot dot dot dot

MJKOxiX.png6ygds2C.png

Dot dot dot dot dot dot dot

bCKg5BZ.pngEFt22Mg.png

mo3QyIN.png

dot dot dot dot dot dot dot

POx0yoW.pngQvawNDv.png

dot dot dot dot dot dot dot dot

IJI9BvO.png14hsFJi.png

dot dot dot

yav5nHn.png

dot dot dot dot dot dot dot dot dot

B7WfIid.png

CZNM2xa.png

This ruins my comparison to Star Wars!

jfUbuqg.pngUEpz7IQ.pngsYLfGDF.png2SUk4Vr.png0mGRHMm.png

Two things-He'd dew it easily if you did resist, and the fact that you're smiling makes me depressed.

LHMZJQN.png

Sad dot dot dot

h2oFPqz.png

dot dot dot dot dot dot dot dot dot dot dot

PDarNch.png

YES, PLEASE DO HURRY! I NEED NOT GREEN UNITS ON THIS MAP!

fzZQHDe.png

Nino's facial expression is how I feel about Jaffar not getting off the map.

MZMkNcu.png

dot dot dot dot dot dot dot dot dot dot

sqFps6G.png

dot dot dot dot dot

hNJKrDq.pngn8Do0HW.png

I like how they still managed to fit a whole army into this palace without anyone noticing.

No, wait, I don't! I HAVE TO DEAL WITH MORE ENEMIES THIS WAY! HELP!

1DnUbNN.pngGFAF5ym.png

Listen to Nino!

WRc5UGH.png

NOOO JAFFAR COME BACK YOU'D ACTUALLY ESCAPE IF YOU STAYED!

SuCUQwa.png

Thanks. I didn't know that.

4h22lBO.pngrJlWeEr.pngmFRmHbH.png

But...But there's literally three people in the manse...If there's fighting, it would be highly likely that Zephiel had croake-Y'know, it's in character for Hector. I'll live with it.

xMCPht5.png

Prep time! Let's do this!

hzwYF0G.png

I put the Speedwings on Dart to ensure that he doubles soundly-I'm gonna need some enemies deleted today. He wasn't able to salvage his speed very well this time, but it was still good enough to double most.

Pk3hFpT.png

Sadly, I do not dare to bring Wil to this battle-I don't know if I'll be able to do it without my A-team.

mTIZNbk.png

Rath and Dart SHOULD be able to clean up the left side of the map, and I'll send Ninian that way, as I want Night of Farewells, (Sadly) and Jaffar has a tendency to dash that way.

yhQa0JK.pngaHuQGB1.png

Honestly, Nino's not even that bad. One of the worse units for sure, but still far from Wallace or the archers. Her speed and luck are passable and her growths will make her a pretty good power mage. Pent still outdoes her until she gets to way above his level, but OH BOY, THREE HEALERS!

fqLDhkt.png

Oof. It's be kinda cool if he were playable, though. I guess we already have an Est in Nino, though. His res is strangely high, considering that I don't

0p551Ky.png

dot dot dot dot dot dot d-Err, I meant if it weren't for the fact that Assassin is a bad class, he'd be one of the best units in the game-Arguably, he still is near top-tier. Certainly fast enough to soundly double everything in sight.

...Wait, he's located right near where Ursula is... Unless...She's somewhere else, isn't she? That's gonna be fun. AAAAAA-

N0H3yKQ.png

Swordreavers? Okay...

i5G9X8y.png

M is for Morshu. And also Miss and McDonalds. This enemy missed, and I'm loving it.

Tu3aYC0.png

A door key! Glad to have those, even if I purchased a whole bunch to avoid another Legault moment. Uh, don't tell Harken that keys work in every door. I'd fear for my life if he figured that out...

pRqlLh0.png

Dart 'n Rath dash forwards to face the enemy!

qT11wG5.png1IhrGvP.png

Oh yeah! Look at that juicy damage and crit!

5YZJji3.png

A hammer. Why? No, seriously, why? The Oswin hate continues... Not that it'd damage him much.

i9KVt5I.pngv0IyOUX.png

AAGH! Oh god... I could have gotten Eliwood killed on turn one...

9UvinAs.pngoIonWZU.png

That 2% crit is gonna bite me in the behind, isn't it?

YP8kdHu.pngiw2DqQc.pngjVjoaB7.png

Eligood Elikills Elithe Elienemy.

rTFDQ2l.png

Don't even think about moving out of your room, young man!

IImLzUC.png

A swordreaver? Oh, please let this be the only one.

Ajoupep.png

Thank goodness, Jaffar will be sa-

kIXFuZ1.png

dot dot dot dot dot dot dot

08pJKGl.png

Welp, better get some help over there. If I can make it through this chapter with no deaths and in one attempt, this run will have been a success, and nobody can tell me otherwise.

tiCy0mj.pngZwoJJ4D.pngO27sSIC.png

Dart>Jaffar, change my mind.

relEdli.png

Oof! The enemy quality's ramping up quite a bit.

f4VEoQ1.png

I probably should have Luna'd here, as it's more accurate than Flux, (actually, I think Luna is the most accurate non-legendary weapon in the game) but I've got The Harken The Hero + Brave sword if I need it.

CMWVMaV.png

Canas>Jaffar, change my mind.

snhRYHD.png

I'd rather not risk this... There may be an archer hiding somewhere... Ah, screw it. I'm doing it anyways!

lQk3Tz6.png

Not! Ha! You think I'd risk a flier's life? Please! All of them have survived to this point! Heath wasn't a flier, he was an... Um... Biogas?

T50mdoW.pngt6EQ57f.png

Harken>Jaf-No, wait, that's actually barely arguable.

BKVgyKq.png

Oh geez... I know it's not even close to enough to kill Jaffar, but that Killing edge ain't lasting forever, and he will get swamped.

T7I0vAq.png

Ded.

YQn96W6.png

Nino>Jaffar, change my mind.

oLTP9uO.png4yIUFTA.png

Eliwood>Jaffar, change my mind.

2v4kNmp.png

Jaffar> my screenshotting skills...

TGXNRC6.png

Nice. She can't get killed by a crit anymore!

dmy5dKR.png

Thanks, I appreciate the lack of swordreavers.

h48eb5G.png

That looks kinda like a radish.

HGh1HEG.pngbNoxXN2.png

If there are any snipers, I'm dead.

9N44xyD.png

Ninininian dances for Shin/Rath.

MkzhesH.png

dot dot dot dot

ULzEydU.png

DOT DOT DOT DOT WHY ARE THERE MORE SWORDREAVERS?

wNGglQ6.png

At least this one didn't survive.

8DtMUuR.png

E

aRSejJP.png

EE

gEA2VoH.png

Oh, you've gotta...

On 7/25/2020 at 4:56 AM, Benice said:

At least [Jaffar] has WTA against most of the people near him.

At least he did in ENM. It'd be kind of like HHM to give every enemy next to him a lance or swordreaver. Heck, I bet they'll surround him with wyeverns with silver lances...

I WAS JOKING! IT WAS A JOKE!! A JOKE!!!!!!!

mGUAKZB.png

I have a very bad feeling about this...

Z59DG5f.png

YEEK!

Z59DG5f.pngprSMc5R.pngJLD0KsD.png

Rath>Jaffar, change my mind.

G4jS6fO.png

I love this.

2SCY58i.png

Florina's pegasus appears to be doing a front flip! It's super impressive!

WOPrwef.png

Not as impressive as Florina, though!

CQ0SFv7.pngisA9vSc.pngqclwjYZ.png3ZdwWZa.png

We got this! Eliwood can be healed, and Nino should be okay...

UHqxjDX.png

DOT DOT DOT DOOOOOT OH GOD NOOOO-

zteXMyU.png

DART GO FASTER DART GO FASTER SAVE JAFFAR

gxIuMG8.png

All right!

m9i6Mo0.png

Dart can do this and get danced, so let's goo!

m7yqiYp.png

Dart brings the darkness! Or, uh, Dartness, I guess.

3WJS9B8.png

Ninian likes to move it, move it.

OvuAQPn.pngVkhL0MH.png

Dart prevents this thief from moving it, moving it.

hmJ5Or0.pngji7twYG.pngO1i4g4o.pnggkCfWJb.png4TapmzF.pngQorZHZb.png

Meanwhile, back with the main force, we zap some guys! A whole lot of 'em. As long as we can reach Jaffar, I think we've got this.

IEznOhV.png

Uh... Dot dot dot? She's attacking Eliwood, right?

Also, since I'm gonna forget, why is this song called "Softly with grace"? It is neither soft, nor played with grace. Nor are the characters whose battle theme it is.

dPBDVrb.png

Yeah... I am. Partially because Harken's in my army.

nXUiUOP.png

BWAHAHAHA! AND YOU'LL NEVER KNOW WHAT HAPPENED BECAUSE I GOT A FLASHBANG!

LXBM6eT.pnguxOAmSr.png

Oh my sweet lord! Not Rath! ABORT! GET OUT! DO A BARREL ROLL!

rIkT9nr.png

How is this guy not one of the four fangs? And why the heck does he have res almost equal to Canas?! And why did they remember to give him a luck stat but not Vaida? And why was he hidden in the Fog? Guhhh!

zgKtAxF.png

A crit + Brave axe, maybe...?

zeUhyfZ.png

Flashbang!

p1qf8CT.png

Take 2!

J8D0Dza.png

I am more worried about Rath getting to Jaffar than Dart dying. In hindsight, I have no idea why I thought this was a good idea. Dart's so good! And I'll get him killed if he misses!

iuWNkoP.png

Yes...

4b2Z5qP.png

YES! OH, THANK YOU! DART>>>>>JAFFAR! HE'S SO JAFFAR AHEAD OF HIM AS A UNIT!

4sfHeup.png

Protecc Nino!

oo6o46J.png

Jaffar is having issues.

J3MOvdT.png

AGH! I forgot about Zephiel!

sWwUgd0.pngYrp2uhm.pngEsNoDP1.pngS0OZeXA.png

Oooh...I'm starting to have a bad feeling about this...

RFo4wB9.pnggtHR5KI.png

And this thief is in the worst possible spot. But no longer!

CUB7o9E.pngaPxvCKa.pngGkAVM0H.pngtzJ8Bh3.png

Cross your fingers!

0qytymN.png

I'm not too worried-Canas should ORKO with Luna.

0At42rM.pngvdnrBvM.png

That's my boy, Jagening like it's FE6!

RfzWWEP.png

Oof.

8nBOHVt.png

Did I kill Farina?

UyjKM5s.png

And can I stop getting flashbangs of Farina getting hit?!

zPP0P40.png

Hoo... That saved a few years of my life.

tEfT4uL.png

Jaffar is about to be surrounded...

9APr7Qh.png

Yikes. Dart's stuck between a rock and a hard place.

vVUwYW3.png

Yes! We can get everyone else outta there!

WGKSJqN.png

Rath has left the chat. He should be able to reach Nino. And Dart should have left, since I think it's impossible for Ninian to die. But I kept him there, because... I dunno.

QKFzey4.pngsM2AcOX.png

Panto saves Farina's life! Probably. She also may have survived either way.

O93HgNn.png

Since you're incapable of using Anima magic, this level works just fine for extra staff range when you get the           staff at S rank.

fLf5lww.pngRBqyC37.png

We kablooie the mercenaries, and Ursula comes into view! Good god, that's really close to Nino...

RdpGFeK.png

Golly. If Luna weren't so incredibly OP for situations like this, she'd be absolutely terrifying. That said, I think she loses 13 AS because Bolting.

okkqRS5.png

It's fine, Zephiel has the bulk to survive. Unless he gets dou-

KmeMUAG.png

DOT DOT DOT DOT DOT DOT

Pnrnfta.png

Deep breaths...

Well, at least Jaffar made it out, so I know I can do this.

Here we go again!

P961T5b.png

Get 'em!

QQ2RSbW.png

Good start.

zRhWoYS.png

Death.png

TXnjLu0.png

Ow.

TGSk5jK.png

Sure hurt him more than it hurt me!

UCg0nlJ.png

No! NO! NOOOOOOOO!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHH I FORGOT ABOUT THE HEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NOOOOO NOT CANAS!!!

1lArnYo.png

FRICK

oqL6kme.png

Urrrghhh... He was so good after the three-chapter reset...

wdUxES4.png

Ahh... Ow... What's... My Canas...

eQPsikF.png

Thank you. I needed that.

37eP95A.png

Bless you, Harken.

xsFFaOi.png

I really need Rath to survive, so this guy has to die now. Ugh. A few moments ago, I thought that I'd be able to finish up the LP without any deaths, but now I'm paranoid. Hah! As if Rath could die.

...Who am I kidding. He probably will.

EcczPME.pngoTSlUbN.png

GAH!

C3KNNhD.png

We good. Other than the fact that Canas is dead. DEAD DEAD DEAD

U9slDey.png

Begone'd!

FPvR7PE.png

JAFFAR! Why?! WHY DO YOU HAVE TO GET HIT BY THE 16%?! Ugh...

xVt4gzD.pngdvRdD5d.png

I do not want to do this map again. We erase all the enemies in our path.

4GBpjiY.pngpd10yi1.png

Eli-good! Eli-good! Thank you!

BmGAf3P.pngtJ1zJlX.png

Jaffar, you'd better not-

zooCrcg.pngSomVJoS.png

Siiiigghhh...

I wasn't really all that mad about the first reset- I decided to protect Nino and attack Ursula instead of pushing towards Zephiel. This one? There's literally nothing I could have done about Jaffar dying. This danged good ending is killing me!

Welp.

zcLPBgx.png.... ..

4qJS2Ah.pngIndeed. Oh! Look, an army is standing at the gates of the manse!

zcLPBgx.png.....?

4qJS2Ah.pngYes, it appears that an army under the insignia of Lycia is here. Oh, it seems to be Lord Eliwood! We're not alone in this fight, Sir Derricc!

zcLPBgx.png.. ..

4qJS2Ah.pngSir Derricc? What is it? Oh...Oh my...

zcLPBgx.png.... ... ... .... ... ... ... ..

4qJS2Ah.pngThat we do. Lord Eliwood will never reach the eatern corridor in time to stop the army there... That duty must fall onto us. Sir Derricc, I shall follow you until the end!

XnwHGjG.pnggY3O3EJ.png

Third time's the charm? This time, Canas is safe. And have fun trying to take down Florina with WTD!

ERY4CUZ.pngGCiwDGi.png

Neither enemy can touch Florina!

a3tvh0D.pngHeh. I think I lost those sentimental softies. I will cut down any who stand between my and my beloved sister! If those dumbos followed me this far, they'll head south, so I'd best throw 'em off and go west.

vahbYmU.png

I will show this every single update from now on for no reason at all.

M50yZTf.png

Jaffar! Stop attacking the swordreaver guys!

7kjtDyD.png

Oh, you have got to be kidding me. Why did they put swordreavers near Jaffar?

MKh2w5f.png

If you die, it's not my fault.

iNbID5O.png

YOU HAVE INCURRED MY WRATH! TAKE THIS! TOP TIER UNIT, ACTIVATE!!!!

nfdWv2F.pnga7rJWJV.png

DAS A CRIT

dKxjFDa.pngvuxMXBY.pngmMmuuBD.png

Harken possesses power beyond mortal (Har)ken.

YT8ntPA.png

Eliwood>Jaffar.

TNeriWI.png

Farina joins Dart and Rath for extra firepower/rescue drop capabilities.

WW66zfH.pngFmOzMJ6.png

Brave axe was superfluous, sadly.

xsrULeY.png

And I want to beat those Shamans to Jaffar. Rath is off to the races!

M91Ve7Z.pngOh my days, there's a huge scrum going on over here!

5RPLYTm.pngCharge! If we want to save that edgehead, we'll need to hurry! Glass, Lauris, come with me! We'll go find Raven.

Jsl3B8J.pngThe fighting seems to be focused around a large chamber in the south. Perhaps I should go there to provide extra firepower to our allies?

Vw9ibI9.pngI'll back you up!

zcN79QK.pngDon't think you can do that without bringing me along!

M91Ve7Z.pngOn my honor as a knight-in-training of Lycia, I will protect lord Eliwood! Marlowe, you're coming with me!

LyISHtn.pngBut why do we have to charge into the most dangrous part of the battle?!

M91Ve7Z.pngThe safest place on the battlefield for me is wherever you are, my dove. Let's go!

LyISHtn.pngWait, if that's the case, we should both be heading for the diner in town!

M91Ve7Z.pngNope!

LyISHtn.pngOy...Fine. I'm with you all the way. Well, if I have to be.

M91Ve7Z.pngThat's the spirit! CHAAAAAAARRGGGEEEEE!

omGBGDh.pngO3ciiD1.png

Who would have thought that Florina, FLORINA, would be ORKO'ing armor knights?

TJ3tjMl.pngmPCBGwt.png

yy6gnLc.png

Gah! FE7 really hates Rath...

FBF9s2c.png

Rath? You good? You're coming pretty close to falling off that horse.

ZSU25he.pngoTREupY.png

We've gotta keep pushing!

GScLZvk.png

Both other screenshots I took of Canas attacking were flashbangs, so just take my word for it that this guy died.

8Re0N4p.png

uCbRAGS.pngI1fXH3h.png

Eli-Good enough.

vXVgWxR.png

To quote myself for the billionth time, I do not want to do this chapter again, so Physic time it is.

00tJ9Pz.png

Dangit, seriously?

QmzHSrC.png

Ugh. Jaffar's still as good as dead.

Ignpv5m.png

Oohgh! Lucky me.

xxZlw4N.png

I FORGOT ABOUT MAXIME AGAIN! GHHZHHZHGZGHX-

honnvib.png

Rath, this is no time to joke around! You have three HP! Pull yourself together!

nmjfgP1.png

Eh..Eheh...EHEHEHEHEHHHEH THIS WAS PLANNED

OH FRICK! THERE'S MAGES HIDDEN BY THE FOG!

g4bI0g6.png

NOOOOOOOO! NO! NO NO NO NO NO NO NO! NOOO!

Oh god, this is awful...  Rath...Nooooo...He's so good... I can't believe... I...

Wait, where's Rath's death qu-

Pfft... Oh... Hahahah...HEHAHHAHUEHHUEHUHEUH When I added the brave-eclipse weapon to take out Kishuna, its name replaced Rath's death quote, so "CHEESE, MY LADS! just flew across the screen. I swear, I just about died laughing when this happened. (Except it didn't have any formatting to make it stop advancing so I missed the screenshot.)

I feel so broken that I can't help but laugh... But No! I cannot give in! Rath wouldn't want me to give up in the face of adversity!

Xj1p96T.png

Hehe, cheese, my lads! Famous last words!

RzbuPit.png

Rath also uses bows! Haha! Cheese!

rg9NUBS.png

Hehehehe, Maxime, you're about to become as holey as Swiss- I mean Ilian cheese! YOU WILL SUFFER FOR RATH! HOW DAIRY YOU KILL HIM...! YOU MUNSTER!

EEFDEy9.png

I cannot briethe easy until he is slain.

NpvQpKx.png

Cheddart, I believe in you! HEAHUAUH

ng8qNpQ.png

I can't let Maxime die From-age. Cheddart will end him instead!

CxVUjOv.png

Oooooh...

j7KWnri.png

YES! HEHEHAHAAA! REVENGE!!! That was a Paneer thing.

Man...Maxime is unbrielievably strong.

myzZ5mH.png

So is Cheddart!

rBD2klt.png

Canas comes Queso close to being invincible with Nosferatu, so I can't help but use it!

r2gyoBH.png6QuAlRI.pngrgMWQbH.png

2WEKW5U.png

Partially because of Pent.

a2NDYem.png

Lyn cannot Mozzarelate to getting power when leveling up.

Also, unrelated, apparently there's a cheese that comes from Navarre. Strangely, there's no mention of Pheena.

V4u3R8D.png

Ten thosand thundering typhoons!

2n1GH9I.png

These morphs know pepper-jack squat about surviving. Jaffar probably won't either, thanks to Rath knowing as much as these morphs...

TVl3Av7.png

Why you gotta Colby like this, Farina?

zRfLrlB.png

I'd rather not lose Farina, so I'll keep her safe, behind Dart. As a bonus, she gets danced and kills the thief. I mean hiding behind another unit worked for Dart. It just meant letting Rath die instead.

EGJ5QRG.pngrQglFve.png4TyJ8Mp.png

It goes off without a hitch. I'd have been udderly disappointed if she'd missed.

hQ4S4GZ.png

No, I don't think I will.

RupVvV5.png

Nine damage! That's my Canas!

6SYMlZ9.png

Yikes! Florina's there to save him, I think we've got this, this time...

Pai5N7s.pngzm7vZfn.pngbM6Sfuz.pngbRWc8HH.png

These two Havarti-eam up on Florina. It still doesn't work.

V9r4TXI.png

yes...

YES...

YESS!!! HA!!!! WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO SAY NOW, TWILITFALCHION?! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA! I HAVE NO NEED FOR RATH'S CHEESE, FLORINA CAN BRIEAT THE DEVIL OUT OF EVERY ENEMY IN HER WAY!!

2B5IaGP.png

Ahhhh... I love you...

rU5aTcP.png

MI?

Mission: Impossible! Yeah, that's right, hitting Jaffar is an impossible mission!

jR8YSAB.pngMHmX4in.png0KYgGLK.png

As Jaffar eloquently proves. I wonder what he'd have to say about this. Probably dot dot dot dot

qDAw02T.png

Dart has become a Cheesential unit for my success.

bPwryFR.png

Marmalized!

Now, for a musical number!

One, two, three, four!

wnvcvL8.png

Hark(en), the herald angels sing,

8dopg8Q.png

I love the stats that Harken brings!

ElOHI3P.pngWntLMYg.png

Pent is great, and heals from a mile,

FugHxhI.png

And Farina empties this tile.

jtmnoqK.png

Joyful, all ye 'zekrers, rise,

YVP0kVe.png

Send this morph up to the skies,

ZAErxiw.png

Heck! The bolting really stings,

jnqukQe.png

And now great pain Zephiel brings.

---

Thank you, thank you! I spent two whole minutes thinking that up and I bet it didn't make sense to anyone but me!

e8HqlxA.pngAgLkK6T.png

Good!

HTaoI36.png

Acceptable!

C8P75eC.png

BAD!

XN94uuL.png

Bah...This is probably how the movies end, too...They do the impossible missions...

WUYTdLa.png9O1PyC0.png

Thunder bolts and lightning, very very frightning!

zqbAnpA.png

This shouldn't happen. But I love it anyways. 2 hit, 0 damage. Promotable dancers should be a thing in all my LPs!

gWFv2G7.png

OH GOD, THIS IS BAD. I OVERESTIMATED DART'S TANKING PROWESS.

cRCem1G.png

Florina would like that. Or maybe Farina. I don't know that Florina needs the help.

6kXBR9P.png

The last of the Monkees goes down. They're no longer daydream believers.

Now then, mister sniper.

0mfdYwn.pngV5PIRJc.png

DO NOT THE CHEDDART

KF6LHOw.pngAMUAb6p.pngw8tfEVz.png

Flour Power!

Actually, Ninian being so good is starting to work against me...The shamans literally cannot hit her, so they're going down instead...

gjmaQmO.pngjhwec5j.png

Panto burns a hole in the mercenary's pants. He's not alive enough to be embarassed, though. You can bet that he'd turn Briet-red if he was!

w91CI8Y.png

Canas, Ursula is weighing herself down by thirteen points of speed. Thirteen.

T9xkKu3.png

Eliwood to the rescue, I guess!

C7geQrr.png

Thwack!

Gd6emEh.pngDhRP5nG.png

Smack!

gXGtw1a.png

IGJed5l.pngGalle...My son...I've....F...fai...

eukFoX3.pngWait, you're-! Oh divine light, grant me your healing powers!

IGJed5l.pngIt...It is too late...

eukFoX3.pngYou're dead wrong. You breathe yet. You will breathe for much longer. Hold on.

1FRaNMY.png

Well, this is a more or less average Canas in most ways. Can't complain. That absurd res is a nice bonus, even if he seldom gets to show it off.

DhVSJJy.png

To quote Axel:

Yc69jiiv o
Everybody near Jaffar is in big danger, and they won't be getting much help...

jGZ3Vl0.pngxAM5o6y.png

Florina, we need you! Save everyone from the horror of more cheese puns!

2KfFZwz.png

HORRENDOUS

9cA1rS0.png

Oh...Rath just about had some great company...

ADOBFaN.png7rvnYy9.png

Whew! Jaffar did us a huge favor here.

LPbjPUF.png

A BIT TOO CLOSE FOR COMFORT!

Rz3JDZ4.png

NO! DODGE! DO A BARREL ROLL! ESCAPE! STOP DROP AND ROLL! DON'T PANIC! YOU'RE A GOOD UNIT, DART! YOU CAN'T-

6E7A3hE.png

BASHI-BAZOUK! CARPET-SELLER! ECTOPLASM!

t2I0YoI.png

SWINE! TRAMPS! TROGLODYTES! FRESHWATER SWAB!

W2qneoV.png

CATERPILLAR! BABOON! JELLYFISH!

MQk6t7d.png8k5H5T9.pngkqtInDu.png

TOFFEE-NOSES!

bUZuPJp.png

PREPARE TO DEATH

N7QjjP9.png

MLQGVTv.png

Louise is a lucky lady. Her husband is actually capable of contributing.

DjzIt6R.png

yay for Florina!

RVxTWCV.pngKGQnTao.png

RABBIT! PIRATE! PARASITE!

JHwbHyp.png

VULTURE!

pLIUWpq.png

VIPER!

4Z8gVEn.png

[INSULTING ADJECTIVE]

3OjNcdF.png

WE GOT THE BOOTS

Ka5IYyg.png

It took Hector waaayy too long to get his amored arse over here...

SUI3vTZ.png

The amount of things that have gone right this chapter are in Hector's text box.

8R8erzj.png

Hooray, a bad unit! I'm gonna use her, but not today! Today, I only need to have Nino talk to Jaffar so I can get that good ending!

Buut this has been a really lengthy update already, so I'll finish off the battle that is before the sun ascends next time.

Will Jaffar pull through? Will Nino make it to him so they can talk? Will my mind stay intact? The answers will arrive soon!

Hope you enjoyed seeing some carnage and that you won't get to see it again, and that you'll have a great week!

DEATH COUNT: Matthew

Rebecca*

Lowen

Guy

Serra

Bartre

Dorcas

Marcus

Erk

Priscilla~

Wil x 3

Lucius

My honor

Kent

Legault%

Raven*

Helen

Isadora

Sain

Oswin

Heath

Canas

Rath

Dart

Defeated as enemy

*Retreated

~Captured

% Unrecruitable

???

Discharged/killed pre-reset.

Dishonorably spared

RESET COUNT: Hector x 4

Lyn x 7

Jaffar x 2

Bandit x 2

Eliwood x 7

Merlinus x6

Being a coward x 1

Merlinus deaths as merchant: 7

Spoiler
46 minutes ago, Benice said:

Yes, but you're better than me!

am I though?

Please. Who would use Wendy?! I always use top-tier units for optimized strats!

*Wil hides in a corner*

I like how they still managed to fit a whole army into this palace without anyone noticing.

No, wait, I don't! I HAVE TO DEAL WITH MORE ENEMIES THIS WAY! HELP!

I like how the black Fang is supposed to be a small group of elite assassins but they act like an army.

Sadly, I do not dare to bring Wil to this battle-I don't know if I'll be able to do it without my A-team.

NO. BAD BENICE. WIL MUST BE USED EVERY LEVEL.

Rath and Dart SHOULD be able to clean up the left side of the map, and I'll send Ninian that way, as I want Night of Farewells, (Sadly) and Jaffar has a tendency to dash that way.

did anyone tell him about Maxime? No? Neat.

dot dot dot dot dot dot d-Err, I meant if it weren't for the fact that Assassin is a bad class, he'd be one of the best units in the game-Arguably, he still is near top-tier. Certainly fast enough to soundly double everything in sight.

If he had easy 1-2 range, He would be one of the best endgame units. He is very helpful at base on the final chapter though, considering that 1-2 range is not important there.

...Wait, he's located right near where Ursula is... Unless...She's somewhere else, isn't she? That's gonna be fun. AAAAAA-

This is gonna be fun to watch.

9UvinAs.pngoIonWZU.png

That 2% crit is gonna bite me in the behind, isn't it?

you and so many other BBD HHM players. I've even had it happen to me.

IImLzUC.png

A swordreaver? Oh, please let this be the only one

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHSAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

snhRYHD.png

I'd rather not risk this... There may be an archer hiding somewhere... Ah, screw it. I'm doing it anyways!

Archers are not even a problem for pegasi in this game.

Also that hero is a nightmare.

I probably should have Luna'd here, as it's more accurate than Flux, (actually, I think Luna is the most accurate non-legendary weapon in the game) but I've got The Harken The Hero + Brave sword if I need it.

Slim swords would like to know your location.

I think they have like 110 hit or something dumb like that.

8DtMUuR.png

E

WHY DOES PENT ONLY HAVE STAVES WITH HIM?

I WAS JOKING! IT WAS A JOKE!! A JOKE!!!!!!!

HHM is a joke. Many chapters in it are frustrating to play due to the unfairness of them.

OvuAQPn.pngVkhL0MH.png

Dart prevents this thief from moving it, moving it.

HERE HE COMES!

KmeMUAG.png

DOT DOT DOT DOT DOT DOT

Zephiel dies to everything after like turn 6 i think.

Well, at least Jaffar made it out, so I know I can do this.

9k.png

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHH I FORGOT ABOUT THE HEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NOOOOO NOT CANAS!!!

No Luna for you!

7kjtDyD.png

Oh, you have got to be kidding me. Why did they put swordreavers near Jaffar?

Because difficulty.

GScLZvk.png

Both other screenshots I took of Canas attacking were flashbangs, so just take my word for it that this guy died.

...?

Pfft... Oh... Hahahah...HEHAHHAHUEHHUEHUHEUH When I added the brave-eclipse weapon to take out Kishuna, its name replaced Rath's death quote, so "CHEESE, MY LADS! just flew across the screen. I swear, I just about died laughing when this happened. (Except it didn't have any formatting to make it stop advancing so I missed the screenshot.)

I feel so broken that I can't help but laugh... But No! I cannot give in! Rath wouldn't want me to give up in the face of adversity!

You know... hahaah Wil could have tanked that.

w91CI8Y.png

Canas, Ursula is weighing herself down by thirteen points of speed. Thirteen.

Luna weighs Canas down.

W2qneoV.png

CATERPILLAR! BABOON! JELLYFISH!

quail.

Edited by Hello72207

8 minutes ago, Benice said:

Jedah is just your average One-note cultist, but at least he doesn't ruin the plot everywhere it touches him. That said, I've heard that Garon and the boyz do that too.

I guess that can be said for Jedah... or to an extent Validar (his resurrection after dying in his attempt to kill Emmeryn/not being recognized by Chrom/Robin in the Walhart arc because they didn't look at the corpse apparently being my gripe). Fates villains are a special batch. Garon is almost similar to Volcens in the degree he'll go out of his way to screw Corrin over in Conquest. Come to think of it...

18 minutes ago, Benice said:

Lakebed temple? It's... It's the 2nd best attempt at a good water temple in a zelda game that I've played. I really oughta play Majora's Mask soon...

My problem with the temples in Twilight Princess is that I found them to almost all be relatively similar and weren't anything new, aside from City in the sky and somewhat temple of time. Still, I am pretty biased against Twilight Princess because the last time I played it, it was directly after Skyward Sword, which is by far my favorite game of all time, so I probably was necessarily prejudiced against it.

See, when I first played Twilight Princess... there wasn't a Skyward Sword. But I find it's the little things that make the temples for me in Twilight Princess. The Snow Peak Manor has no hearts anywhere in the dungeon... reflective of the damaged love-life of the resident yetis. The water temple works around the cogs and water flow. It's essentially a mechanism (similar in concept to the one in Majora's Mask... though I understand a lot of people find that one overly convoluted for reasons I've never understood) that you work from within. The Arbiter's Grounds has it's spinner tracks and atmosphere... which somehow don't play against each other. The city in the sky has it's double-clawshot action (which, while you may have seen it in Skyward Sword, was new to anyone playing the game at release, and an experience that I won't forget.). The forest temple has the whole monkey-rescuing objective... which is ultimately cosmetic, but it's a nice change from collecting keys this time. Point is, the gameplay may be the same, but I feel largely the dungeons, and the atmosphere aren't. Hard to describe.

40 minutes ago, Benice said:

h48eb5G.png

Turns out he's using the joke weapons from Fates.

47 minutes ago, Benice said:

Pnrnfta.png

Deep breaths...

Nice no casualty run of FE6. I mean, assuming Bartre and Rebecca being alive canonically counts.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

g4bI0g6.png

Oh god, this is awful...  Rath...Nooooo...He's so good... I can't believe... I...

Wait, where's Rath's death qu-

Well, that's... one hell of a coincidence.

Spoiler

Please_Step_On_Me.png? I didn't know you made Sylvis fanart.

Xvrsbfd6 o

As I said, entirely unassuming.

I still don't understand why people like Mark.

Because he's not as obnoxious as the others, so he instantly gets the Best Avatar badge. Personally, though? I don't think a Dora The Explorer style self-insert is much better than the actual avatars in the series. It's not terrible, but it is quite dumb. I just... don't want to insert myself into the story. In any way. Please? That too much to ask?

So almost the whole thing?

Hah! Yes, exactly.

How dare you threaten the amount of views I get per update, I'll kill you! I HAVE SHAVER ON MY SIDE! AHAHAHAHAHA!

You cannot harm my beard. I'll kill you if you do!

When have I ever thrown YOU under the bus?

On 8/23/2020 at 5:50 AM, Benice said:

AND WHO PUT THAT QUOTE THERE?!

How dare you throw Twilitfalchion under the bus, I'll kill you. And then him. I'll kill everyone! Everything to ash! Ahaha, hahahahah, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH--COUGH, COUGH, COUGH COUGH, HACK...

Ahem. Carrying on.

Ruben always threatens to kill people. Usually his readers. Sometimes his units. Almost certainly people who hit on Sylvis.

Or Paramythis, for that matter.

Slander! I would never do this! Weiss is still alive, isn't he?!

Or Douglas.

Ahahahahahahahahahah! Okay, good one. I liked that one. Took me completely off-guard, too. You glorious bastard...

hNJKrDq.pngn8Do0HW.png

Remember that Desmond ordered Murdock and his men away from the palace. Honestly, storywise, this map is really solid. I can't think of any issues right now, and the irony that we're saving the next previous game's villain is great. All in all, pretty good, and as far as send-offs go, this is a fine one for Ursula.

If only I could say the same about the gameplay.

hzwYF0G.png

I put the Speedwings on Dart to ensure that he doubles soundly-I'm gonna need some enemies deleted today. He wasn't able to salvage his speed very well this time, but it was still good enough to double most.

Is he dying today? Looking at the scientific research and the empirical data I've accumulated over the years, when you use a good statbooster on a unit in an Ironman run, that unit will proceed to die within the next three chapters. Because life sucks.

Pk3hFpT.png

Traitor. The only reasonable excuse not to bring the meme should be if the meme cannot leave the starting area. And I'm pretty sure Wil can leave the starting area.

jVjoaB7.png

Eligood Elikills Elithe Elienemy.

Eligoodeligood.

YQn96W6.png

Nino>Jaffar, change my mind.

See, without Nino you couldn't even use Jaffar. But you don't need Jaffar to use Nino. That means Nino is better than Jaffar by a longshot.

In other news, Roy is the best unit in FE6 because without him you couldn't beat chapter 1. Dougy takes second place because without him you can't proceed past chapter 22.

h48eb5G.png

Hah! It really does!

Dfbnbrib o

JLD0KsD.png

Rath>Jaffar, change my mind.

Clearly Rath's dots are superior to Jaffar's dots.

why is this song called "Softly with grace"? It is neither soft, nor played with grace. Nor are the characters whose battle theme it is.

It's called Softly with Grace because the devs found the words "softly with grace" in TRS, and decided to use that string of words however in their game.

If they had continued reading, they would've found out that the phrase wasn't the name of a song, but rather part of the dialogue in a scrapped scene between Plum and... Well, you know where this is going.

rIkT9nr.png

How is this guy not one of the four fangs? And why the heck does he have res almost equal to Canas?! And why did they remember to give him a luck stat but not Vaida? And why was he hidden in the Fog? Guhhh!

1- He's not in the Four Fangs because that'd make too much sense. In the context of FE7, Pascal is a much more fitting pick, because he makes no sense whatsoever. Can't fault them for being inconsistent, at least.

2- His armor is purple, like Canas's robe. Clearly there's a connection.

3- Maxime is too fabulous to have no luck.

4- Because FE7 is a great game.

5- I concur. Guhhh! Indeed.

iuWNkoP.png

Yes...

4b2Z5qP.png

YES!

Lucky bastard...

WGKSJqN.png

Rath has left the chat. He should be able to reach Nino. And Dart should have left, since I think it's impossible for Ninian to die. But I kept him there, because... I dunno.

Don't worry, this happens to me all the time. I, too, make moves and then wonder why the hell I chose to do them. Mostly when they result in a unit's death.

O93HgNn.png

Since you're incapable of using Anima magic, this level works just fine for extra staff range when you get the           staff at S rank.

Ah, yes. The            staff. My favorite staff in FE7. Totally worth sacrificing S tomes for that.

Did you know what FE6 allowed for multiple S ranks? Yeah. Turns out, not everything FE7 did was an improvement over 6. Though, the ability to give statboosters to units in the prepscreen was much appreciated. I still get nightmares about Lilina and her angelic robe...

okkqRS5.png

It's fine, Zephiel has the bulk to survive. Unless he gets dou-

KmeMUAG.png

DOT DOT DOT DOT DOT DOT

Oh yeah, that's the most infamous part of this map. If this mercenary in particular reaches Zephiel, it's all over. The entire map hinges on whether or not you're able to stop this unit that you cannot see.

UCg0nlJ.png

No! NO! NOOOOOOOO!

1lArnYo.png

FRICK

Ahh, yes. This attempt is going swimmingly already.

zooCrcg.pngSomVJoS.png

Siiiigghhh...

Positively swimmingly.

4qJS2Ah.pngThat we do. Lord Eliwood will never reach the eatern corridor in time to stop the army there... That duty must fall onto us. Sir Derricc, I shall follow you until the end!

I am too worried about these two, I swear. The red flags keep pilling up.

Unless you do something completely unexpected and kill off Raven instead. That'd be awesome. I... I hope I haven't accidentally predicted what you intended to do. But if I have, by all means, don't change course. Let's see if his blood is as red as his edge.

a3tvh0D.pngHeh. I think I lost those sentimental softies. I will cut down any who stand between my and my beloved sister! If those dumbos followed me this far, they'll head south, so I'd best throw 'em off and go west.

They're on opposite sides, right? That means they're heading the same way. Meaning... either sentimental reunion or heartbreaking tragedy. Let's see what happens. My bet's still on Raven's death.

vahbYmU.png

Your room is the place where you sleep. No need to thank me.

5RPLYTm.pngCharge! If we want to save that edgehead, we'll need to hurry! Glass, Lauris, come with me! We'll go find Raven.

Edgehead. Good one.

Jsl3B8J.pngThe fighting seems to be focused around a large chamber in the south. Perhaps I should go there to provide extra firepower to our allies?

Vw9ibI9.pngI'll back you up!

zcN79QK.pngDon't think you can do that without bringing me along!

M91Ve7Z.pngOn my honor as a knight-in-training of Lycia, I will protect lord Eliwood! Marlowe, you're coming with me!

LyISHtn.pngBut why do we have to charge into the most dangrous part of the battle?!

Hmmm... No, I don't think it'll be one of these guys. Lawrence, maybe. But General Lawrence is too epic to fall to this rabble. My money's still on Raven.

nmjfgP1.png

Eh..Eheh...EHEHEHEHEHHHEH THIS WAS PLANNED

OH FRICK! THERE'S MAGES HIDDEN BY THE FOG!

g4bI0g6.png

Hoo, boy... Battle Before Dawn claims yet another victim.

CHEESE, MY LADS!

10/10 best death quote. i cri everytiem

I feel so broken that I can't help but laugh...

Me when I lost you-know-who two updates ago.

a2NDYem.png

Lyn cannot Mozzarelate to getting power when leveling up.

Friendly reminder that this is supposed to be the prepromote counterpart to a growth unit. Yeah.

Poor Erk.

FLORINA CAN BRIEAT THE DEVIL OUT OF EVERY ENEMY IN HER WAY!!

Until she dies because 8 defense.

w8tfEVz.png

Flour Power!

Yes, Worse Florina! Go! Totally worth those 20 grand!

IGJed5l.pngGalle...My son...I've....F...fai...

eukFoX3.pngWait, you're-! Oh divine light, grant me your healing powers!

IGJed5l.pngIt...It is too late...

eukFoX3.pngYou're dead wrong. You breathe yet. You will breathe for much longer. Hold on.

This is two twists in one. I love it.

Who's the father?

To quote Axel:

Yc69jiiv o

Ahahahahahahahahahahahah! I was not expecting that! Goodness, I can't even remember which update this was in! Did you just go searching through the entire LP for it? I admire your dedication!

6E7A3hE.png

BASHI-BAZOUK! CARPET-SELLER! ECTOPLASM!

See? Science prevails once more.

Seriously though... Oof... At this rate Eligood's gonna have to Elisolo the rest of the game.

Will Jaffar pull through? Will Nino make it to him so they can talk? Will my mind stay intact? The answers will arrive soon!

To be honest, I just want to know which of the fanfic squad members will die. No way they're all getting out of this one unscathed. I know that kind of build-up all too well.

I think this is my longest reply so far. Please bear with me.

Spoiler

CHEESE MY LADS.JPG not found

May he Rath Een Piece. 

11 hours ago, Benice said:

t2I0YoI.png

A moment of silence for the DeDarted. 

Also look at the monk in the image before Dart dies.