Eliwood and Hector's Less-than excellent adventure: Let's Ironman Hector Hard mode mostly blind! *Now completed, with a 6% survival rate!*

Benice

Spoiler
10 hours ago, Benice said:

Okay, well I was wrong about Vaida's map, checked the pitfall wiki.

It's eleven turns, not twelve. Javelins are E, though.

Ok fine Javelins are E rank...

hNJKrDq.pngn8Do0HW.png

I like how they still managed to fit a whole army into this palace without anyone noticing.

No, wait, I don't! I HAVE TO DEAL WITH MORE ENEMIES THIS WAY! HELP!

Hehehehe right... man this map is... unfair because of FoW but I like it if it didn't have that.

...Wait, he's located right near where Ursula is... Unless...She's somewhere else, isn't she? That's gonna be fun. AAAAAA-

In HHM, Ursula is on the south-east.

relEdli.png

Oof! The enemy quality's ramping up quite a bit.

This game has really tough Heroes... Heroes and Valkyries are the scariest enemy classes.

HGh1HEG.pngbNoxXN2.png

If there are any snipers, I'm dead.

They're only times 2 effective, it's not such a big deal.

gEA2VoH.png

Oh, you've gotta...

On 7/25/2020 at 6:56 AM, Benice said:

At least [Jaffar] has WTA against most of the people near him.

At least he did in ENM. It'd be kind of like HHM to give every enemy next to him a lance or swordreaver. Heck, I bet they'll surround him with wyeverns with silver lances...

I WAS JOKING! IT WAS A JOKE!! A JOKE!!!!!!!

Game design amirite?

3WJS9B8.png

Ninian likes to move it, move it.

OvuAQPn.pngVkhL0MH.png

Dart prevents this thief from moving it, moving it.

Lmao.

rIkT9nr.png

How is this guy not one of the four fangs? And why the heck does he have res almost equal to Canas?! And why did they remember to give him a luck stat but not Vaida? And why was he hidden in the Fog? Guhhh!

This guy is a monster. You better have something like a Brave Axe or a Killer Axe for him, which I mean you likely do.

11 hours ago, Benice said:

okkqRS5.png

It's fine, Zephiel has the bulk to survive. Unless he gets dou-

KmeMUAG.png

DOT DOT DOT DOT DOT DOT

Pnrnfta.png

Seriously... what were they thinking with giving him such low speed?

UCg0nlJ.png

No! NO! NOOOOOOOO!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHH I FORGOT ABOUT THE HEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NOOOOO NOT CANAS!!!

1lArnYo.png

FRICK

oqL6kme.png

Urrrghhh... He was so good after the three-chapter reset...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CANAS! It can't... be!

4GBpjiY.pngpd10yi1.png

Eli-good! Eli-good! Thank you!

NICE!

omGBGDh.pngO3ciiD1.png

Who would have thought that Florina, FLORINA, would be ORKO'ing armor knights?

Not me, but that's awesome!

g4bI0g6.png

NOOOOOOOO! NO! NO NO NO NO NO NO NO! NOOO!

Oh god, this is awful...  Rath...Nooooo...He's so good... I can't believe... I...

Wait, where's Rath's death qu-

Pfft... Oh... Hahahah...HEHAHHAHUEHHUEHUHEUH When I added the brave-eclipse weapon to take out Kishuna, its name replaced Rath's death quote, so "CHEESE, MY LADS! just flew across the screen. I swear, I just about died laughing when this happened. (Except it didn't have any formatting to make it stop advancing so I missed the screenshot.)

I feel so broken that I can't help but laugh... But No! I cannot give in! Rath wouldn't want me to give up in the face of adversity!

Lmao HAHAHAHA

ng8qNpQ.png

I can't let Maxime die From-age. Cheddart will end him instead!

Yay cheese puns!

Also, unrelated, apparently there's a cheese that comes from Navarre. Strangely, there's no mention of Pheena.

Navarre... Navarra... St. Rubenio knows more about this than I.

Now, for a musical number!

One, two, three, four!

wnvcvL8.png

Hark(en), the herald angels sing,

8dopg8Q.png

I love the stats that Harken brings!

ElOHI3P.pngWntLMYg.png

Pent is great, and heals from a mile,

FugHxhI.png

And Farina empties this tile.

jtmnoqK.png

Joyful, all ye 'zekrers, rise,

YVP0kVe.png

Send this morph up to the skies,

ZAErxiw.png

Heck! The bolting really stings,

jnqukQe.png

And now great pain Zephiel brings.

---

Thank you, thank you! I spent two whole minutes thinking that up and I bet it didn't make sense to anyone but me!

That was good unironically, I liked it!

w8tfEVz.png

Flour Power!

Actually, Ninian being so good is starting to work against me...The shamans literally cannot hit her, so they're going down instead...

Cool Farina is pulling her weight!

6E7A3hE.png

BASHI-BAZOUK! CARPET-SELLER! ECTOPLASM!

t2I0YoI.png

SWINE! TRAMPS! TROGLODYTES! FRESHWATER SWAB!

W2qneoV.png

CATERPILLAR! BABOON! JELLYFISH!

Damn...

8R8erzj.png

Hooray, a bad unit! I'm gonna use her, but not today! Today, I only need to have Nino talk to Jaffar so I can get that good ending!

Buut this has been a really lengthy update already, so I'll finish off the battle that is before the sun ascends next time.

Will Jaffar pull through? Will Nino make it to him so they can talk? Will my mind stay intact? The answers will arrive soon!

Hope you enjoyed seeing some carnage and that you won't get to see it again, and that you'll have a great week!

Alright, I'm excited for it, until next time.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright my responses this time might be long enough to warrant the spoiler box.

Spoiler

But...But there's literally three people in the manse...If there's fighting, it would be highly likely that Zephiel had croake-Y'know, it's in character for Hector. I'll live with it.

If there is fighting it means the assassins either bungled the kill, or bungled the escape, so Hector isn't as logically wrong as you are acting.

mTIZNbk.png

Rath and Dart SHOULD be able to clean up the left side of the map, and I'll send Ninian that way, as I want Night of Farewells, (Sadly) and Jaffar has a tendency to dash that way.

Bold to head in both directions on an ironman. I know in my ironman I sent everyone east and left Jaffar's survival up to chance (which worked out, as Jaffar dodged/crit enough to ran out of killer swords, after which he sat the rest of a map on a pillar where no one could hit him...)

...Wait, he's located right near where Ursula is... Unless...She's somewhere else, isn't she? That's gonna be fun. AAAAAA-

She is hiding in the bottom corner, and finding her is kinda critical, as her AI has her start moving just in time to bolting kill Zephiel on the last turn if you ignored her.

i9KVt5I.pngv0IyOUX.png

AAGH! Oh god... I could have gotten Eliwood killed on turn one...

...Yikes forever.

9UvinAs.pngoIonWZU.png

That 2% crit is gonna bite me in the behind, isn't it?

Naw, Nino has just enough health that, and is heal happy enough that the 2% crit only kills her if she is at 14 HP at the time, which makes it even rarer than that stated 2%. The real concern is that the random move she makes when she uses her Elixir will put her into Ursula's terrible terrible rape radius.

Dart>Jaffar, change my mind.

Canas>Jaffar, change my mind.

Harken>Jaf-No, wait, that's actually barely arguable.

Lot of undeserved Jaffar hate, although the the Harken comparison is probably accurate. Jaffar is amazing, but Harken having access to 1-2 range with his stats pushes him well past Jaffar.

Nino>Jaffar, change my mind.

Eliwood>Jaffar, change my mind.

Jaffar> my screenshotting skills...

Heh, was that the final punchline, all this Jaffar deprecation to then put yourself down in a comedic way

Rath>Jaffar, change my mind.

... I guess not. Poor Jaffar gets all this hate because he only has a chance of holding off an entire army indefinitely...

rIkT9nr.png

How is this guy not one of the four fangs? And why the heck does he have res almost equal to Canas?! And why did they remember to give him a luck stat but not Vaida? And why was he hidden in the Fog? Guhhh!

The old bugged stat boss himself, although its funnier when his stat variance lets him break his class's HP cap.

YES! OH, THANK YOU! DART>>>>>JAFFAR! HE'S SO JAFFAR AHEAD OF HIM AS A UNIT!

I'll give you that one, for taking down that monster Maxime is no easy feat.

And this thief is in the worst possible spot. But no longer!

Surprised you aren't letting them nab some treasure for you to kill off of him. There is some amazing stuff on this map: the Brave Lance, the Boot, the Delphi Shield, and the Rescue Staff, and getting any of them would be a massive boon to your army.

RdpGFeK.png

Golly. If Luna weren't so incredibly OP for situations like this, she'd be absolutely terrifying. That said, I think she loses 13 AS because Bolting.

She is utter Harken bait. Also that 13 AS still leaves her with 12, which is about on par with the other enemies. FUN fact, thank to the weight of Nino's Elfire tome she actually gets doubled by Ursula's bolting.

KmeMUAG.png

DOT DOT DOT DOT DOT DOT

Pnrnfta.png

Ouch. Yeah you really have to hussle to protect that throne room of his or this will happen. Its a shame as things were going so well too.

Sure hurt him more than it hurt me!

UCg0nlJ.png

No! NO! NOOOOOOOO!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHH I FORGOT ABOUT THE HEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NOOOOO NOT CANAS!!!

1lArnYo.png

FRICK

...Oof, that hurts a lot...

FPvR7PE.png

JAFFAR! Why?! WHY DO YOU HAVE TO GET HIT BY THE 16%?! Ugh...

This is a bad omen for this run...

Siiiigghhh...

I wasn't really all that mad about the first reset- I decided to protect Nino and attack Ursula instead of pushing towards Zephiel. This one? There's literally nothing I could have done about Jaffar dying. This danged good ending is killing me!

Welp.

How reliant this map is one the luck of the NPCs is a big part of what makes this map simultaniously the best and worst map in the game.

Plus your only real issue with last time was protecting Nino, going after Ursula is kinda necessary (and stops reinforcements), and if you defend the prince as well, there is no direction for enemies to attack her from that you aren't defending already.

iNbID5O.png

YOU HAVE INCURRED MY WRATH! TAKE THIS! TOP TIER UNIT, ACTIVATE!!!!

I was rather enjoying your insistance on Pent being a staff unit, but it seems the challenges of BBD have finally forced you to bringout the big guns.

Eliwood>Jaffar.

d5e.jpg

5RPLYTm.pngCharge! If we want to save that edgehead, we'll need to hurry! Glass, Lauris, come with me! We'll go find Raven.

...Edgehead... heh.

xxZlw4N.png

I FORGOT ABOUT MAXIME AGAIN! GHHZHHZHGZGHX-

Heheheh, Oh that is such a hilariously aweful mistake to make.

g4bI0g6.png

NOOOOOOOO! NO! NO NO NO NO NO NO NO! NOOO!

Oh god, this is awful...  Rath...Nooooo...He's so good... I can't believe... I...

Poor Rath, killed off yet again. And he was so good this time...

NpvQpKx.png

Cheddart, I believe in you! HEAHUAUH

ng8qNpQ.png

I can't let Maxime die From-age. Cheddart will end him instead!

Nice Filla's Might use, but boy those accuracy numbers (heh) are still rather scary.

V9r4TXI.png

yes...

YES...

YESS!!! HA!!!! WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO SAY NOW, TWILITFALCHION?! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA! I HAVE NO NEED FOR RATH'S CHEESE, FLORINA CAN BRIEAT THE DEVIL OUT OF EVERY ENEMY IN HER WAY!!

MAX STRONGTH RETURNS!!!

cRCem1G.png

Florina would like that. Or maybe Farina. I don't know that Florina needs the help.

Now you are getting it. That is going to be a nice boon to your monster fliers.

NO! DODGE! DO A BARREL ROLL! ESCAPE! STOP DROP AND ROLL! DON'T PANIC! YOU'RE A GOOD UNIT, DART! YOU CAN'T-

6E7A3hE.png

BASHI-BAZOUK! CARPET-SELLER! ECTOPLASM!

t2I0YoI.png

SWINE! TRAMPS! TROGLODYTES! FRESHWATER SWAB!

After all that risk and effort to kill Maxime... Battle Before Dawn has somehow managed to cripple your army further.

bUZuPJp.png

PREPARE TO DEATH

N7QjjP9.png

..Eh, the Boots are fairly good as well. Too bad you couldn't kill off that one last turn, and convince a second thief to grab the boots, but oh well, your monster pegs probabaly don't need the help of a brave weapon.

SUI3vTZ.png

The amount of things that have gone right this chapter are in Hector's text box.

8R8erzj.png

Hooray, a bad unit! I'm gonna use her, but not today! Today, I only need to have Nino talk to Jaffar so I can get that good ending!

Buut this has been a really lengthy update already, so I'll finish off the battle that is before the sun ascends next time.

Will Jaffar pull through? Will Nino make it to him so they can talk? Will my mind stay intact? The answers will arrive soon!

Hope you enjoyed seeing some carnage and that you won't get to see it again, and that you'll have a great week!

9 hours ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

(similar in concept to the one in Majora's Mask... though I understand a lot of people find that one overly convoluted for reasons I've never understood)

If I were to guess it was due to the time limit stressing people out, and them not realizing they have plenty of time to think things through (assuming they have the brain to learn the alternate songs of time...).

Side note, Majora's Mask is the best Zleda game. That is all, simple statement of fact.

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Remember that Desmond ordered Murdock and his men away from the palace. Honestly, storywise, this map is really solid. I can't think of any issues right now, and the irony that we're saving the next previous game's villain is great. All in all, pretty good, and as far as send-offs go, this is a fine one for Ursula.

If only I could say the same about the gameplay.

And that is another part of what makes Battle Before Dawn simultaneously the best and worst map in the game.

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

If they had continued reading, they would've found out that the phrase wasn't the name of a song, but rather part of the dialogue in a scrapped scene between Plum and... Well, you know where this is going.

...ugh....I think I just threwup a little in my mouth.

18 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

This is two twists in one. I love it.

Who's the father?

Its the blue haired Harken edit.

Also, I'm not gonna lie, Nino is one of the redeeming parts of FE7's plot for me-They did a good job of developing her character despite the fact that she's not very important to the plot.

Agreed. Her and Sonia's interactions are pretty sad, actually.

I like how they still managed to fit a whole army into this palace without anyone noticing.

That's the power of Vidya Gaem Logic™

Sadly, I do not dare to bring Wil to this battle-I don't know if I'll be able to do it without my A-team.

He Wil not get the chance to prove himself.

At this point, he disappointed you so many times that he likely Wil not get another chance at all.

Dart>Jaffar, change my mind.

Assassins beat everything.

Mind changed.

Because facts.

You're welcome.

DART GO FASTER DART GO FASTER SAVE JAFFAR

Dat hecking RNG. One time Jaffar would kill nearly everything in ENM. Another time he'd get wrecked.

It really do be like that sometimes though.

qI2DmFbh.jpg

Jaffar, you'd better not-

*insert repost of above meme*

YOU HAVE INCURRED MY WRATH! TAKE THIS! TOP TIER UNIT, ACTIVATE!!!!

Time to let out some of that Pent-up anger.

I FORGOT ABOUT MAXIME AGAIN! GHHZHHZHGZGHX-

Benice.exe has crashed. Send help.

Hehe, cheese, my lads! Famous last words!

Got to have dat cheese.

Ordon_Goat_Cheese.jpg

YESS!!! HA!!!! WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO SAY NOW, TWILITFALCHION?!

Impressive. Most impressive.

tenor.gif?itemid=4591916

Louise is a lucky lady. Her husband is actually capable of contributing.

And she's no pushover herself.

The amount of things that have gone right this chapter are in Hector's text box.

Also the amount of thoughts that are going on in Hector's head.

Same to you.

BRING ON THE CARNAGE!

My dude saga, chapter 21.5: I! SONIA!

EDIT: Yo, SF finally let me edit an update!

Death:

Spoiler
On 9/1/2020 at 6:29 AM, The Roger The Paladin said:
Spoiler

I guess that can be said for Jedah... or to an extent Validar (his resurrection after dying in his attempt to kill Emmeryn/not being recognized by Chrom/Robin in the Walhart arc because they didn't look at the corpse apparently being my gripe).

Of corpse they didn't look at the body! The evil guy has to be playable, right?

Fates villains are a special batch. Garon is almost similar to Volcens in the degree he'll go out of his way to screw Corrin over in Conquest. Come to think of it...

Gasp! How dare you compare Berwick and Conquest?!

...But you aren't wrong.

See, when I first played Twilight Princess... there wasn't a Skyward Sword. But I find it's the little things that make the temples for me in Twilight Princess. The Snow Peak Manor has no hearts anywhere in the dungeon... reflective of the damaged love-life of the resident yetis. The water temple works around the cogs and water flow. It's essentially a mechanism (similar in concept to the one in Majora's Mask... though I understand a lot of people find that one overly convoluted for reasons I've never understood) that you work from within. The Arbiter's Grounds has it's spinner tracks and atmosphere... which somehow don't play against each other. The city in the sky has it's double-clawshot action (which, while you may have seen it in Skyward Sword, was new to anyone playing the game at release, and an experience that I won't forget.). The forest temple has the whole monkey-rescuing objective... which is ultimately cosmetic, but it's a nice change from collecting keys this time. Point is, the gameplay may be the same, but I feel largely the dungeons, and the atmosphere aren't. Hard to describe.
That's fair. There are some neat concepts, for sure. Arbiter's grounds is one of my favorites. I have really strong bias for Skyward Sword, as it was the first video game I every played. Well, watched someone play. Started a great family tradition!

Turns out he's using the joke weapons from Fates.

Whoever sold him that must have been a Daicon man!

Nice no casualty run of FE6. I mean, assuming Bartre and Rebecca being alive canonically counts.

My next no casualty run will be my ironman! Mark these words, nobody will die! (Actually don't I'm certain it'll be even more of a gong show than this ironman has been...)

Well, that's... one hell of a coincidence.
Well, I chose Rath's because of the fact that it had Lyn talk to him, so I assumed it was his Lyn Mode death quote. I managed to botch death. In an ironman. Yikes.

On 9/1/2020 at 5:37 AM, Hello72207 said:
  Hide contents

am I though?

Yeah, I'd say so. Maybe not by a large margin, but judging by the results in the Trainee solo, among other things...

*Wil hides in a corner*

If he were more Wiling to get speed, he'd be better.

I like how the black Fang is supposed to be a small group of elite assassins but they act like an army.

No, no no! They're all elite because every member used to be part of the four fangs! Duh.

NO. BAD BENICE. WIL MUST BE USED EVERY LEVEL.

If he dies he can't be used though!

did anyone tell him about Maxime? No? Neat.

He's designed to cause the Maximeum amount of suffering.

If he had easy 1-2 range, He would be one of the best endgame units. He is very helpful at base on the final chapter though, considering that 1-2 range is not important there.

I'm certain that I'll have little choice about who goes to endgame...

This is gonna be fun to watch.

At least I succeeded on that part. I hope.

you and so many other BBD HHM players. I've even had it happen to me.

Oof. I'm glad that I didn't have to suffer because of the crit.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHSAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ugh. Why did they do this?!

Archers are not even a problem for pegasi in this game.

Silver bows still really hurt. And a killer bow crit would be bad.

Also that hero is a nightmare.

And I'm never waking up! HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Slim swords would like to know your location.

I think they have like 110 hit or something dumb like that.

100 hit-only 5 more than Luna. Fair and Balanced. At least Luna enemies are few and far between?

WHY DOES PENT ONLY HAVE STAVES WITH HIM?

I said he was going to be a staffbot exclusively, didn't I?

HHM is a joke. Many chapters in it are frustrating to play due to the unfairness of them.

They haven't been that bad so far, Genesis and this one notwithstanding. Just boring, for the most part.

HERE HE COMES!

I wish this was Berwick fog...

Zephiel dies to everything after like turn 6 i think.

Nice.

9k.png

Do you doubt me? I am DonDon tier!

No Luna for you!

Do I look like a Luna-tic to you?!

Because difficulty.

Of course. Best way to add difficulty is to take it out of the hands of the player.

...?

It's something that every LPer fears; that one frame of white when somebody gets hit. Thusly the screenshot is just a picture of white and nothing else. Or, for some Light magic spells, multiple frames. Shine is the worst thing ever...

You know... hahaah Wil could have tanked that.

If Wil had higher HP and defense than Rath, and didn't get doubled, then yes.

Luna weighs Canas down.

By less than 13 points.

quail.

Snail.

On 9/1/2020 at 3:27 PM, Saint Rubenio said:
  Hide contents

Xvrsbfd6 o

As I said, entirely unassuming.

I see. Can't wait to see what Paramythis can do, since it seems likely you'll get there before me because I promised that I'd finish FE9. Please send help.

Because he's not as obnoxious as the others, so he instantly gets the Best Avatar badge. Personally, though? I don't think a Dora The Explorer style self-insert is much better than the actual avatars in the series. It's not terrible, but it is quite dumb. I just... don't want to insert myself into the story. In any way. Please? That too much to ask?

Apparently, yes. It is far too much to ask.

I'm mostly mad because Lyn SHOULD have been a really good lord! She should have made an amazing first impression in Lyn mode! But nope, she's tutorial girl/and Fire Emblem's first AvatarsexualTMAt least she can't actually marry Mark, though? Although with how much damage had already been done, it wouldn't have even bothered me more than Lyn Mode.

Hah! Yes, exactly.

Too bad this game is so wordy... I can only imagine what LPing Berwick is like. I love that game and the amount of text don't bother me, but hoo boy.

You cannot harm my beard. I'll kill you if you do!

Just try! Ward wouldn't be able to hit me if he didn't have his beard!

How dare you throw Twilitfalchion under the bus, I'll kill you. And then him. I'll kill everyone! Everything to ash! Ahaha, hahahahah, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH--COUGH, COUGH, COUGH COUGH, HACK...

Ahem. Carrying on.

If you lose your sanity because of Imhullu, does that mean that you're Imhullosing it?

Slander! I would never do this! Weiss is still alive, isn't he?!

For how long remains to be seen.

Ahahahahahahahahahah! Okay, good one. I liked that one. Took me completely off-guard, too. You glorious bastard...

How dare you forget about Douglas, I'll kill you!

Remember that Desmond ordered Murdock and his men away from the palace. Honestly, storywise, this map is really solid. I can't think of any issues right now, and the irony that we're saving the next previous game's villain is great. All in all, pretty good, and as far as send-offs go, this is a fine one for Ursula.

Well, aside from the Black Fang having a bigger army than everyone else combined, but hey. Gameplay/Story segregation exists for a reason. Imagine every enemy running around with Lethality. Yikes.

If only I could say the same about the gameplay.

Yeah, really...It has a decent concept, but it's just too luck-based, especially with where Nino is. I could see her easily wandering into Ursula's range...

Is he dying today? Looking at the scientific research and the empirical data I've accumulated over the years, when you use a good statbooster on a unit in an Ironman run, that unit will proceed to die within the next three chapters. Because life sucks.

Gah! I gave Rath Afa's drops three chapters ago!

Wait, Florina got the Energy ring in chapter ten. I guess she's just exempt from the laws of physics.

Also, who is Afa? That's kinda a weird one. Metis' tome doesn't make much more sense. I wish FE8 wasn't as rushed as it was, as I really do think it's better than FE7 in almost every concievable way.

Traitor. The only reasonable excuse not to bring the meme should be if the meme cannot leave the starting area. And I'm pretty sure Wil can leave the starting area.

Fear of being softlocked doesn't count? Oy...

Eligoodeligood.

I'm so glad I didn't give up on him...He's gonna need to hard carry the rest of the game with Florina.

See, without Nino you couldn't even use Jaffar. But you don't need Jaffar to use Nino. That means Nino is better than Jaffar by a longshot.

Exactly! Nino is better than Pent because she isn't relying on a mid-low tier unit to survive so she can stay!

In other news, Roy is the best unit in FE6 because without him you couldn't beat chapter 1. Dougy takes second place because without him you can't proceed past chapter 22.

Woah...This changes every tier list ever...

Hah! It really does!

Dfbnbrib o

He looks pretty Rad. Well, Rad-ish.

EDIT: Wait, Turnips and radishes have nothing to do with each other. Whoops. Um, they're both root vegetables?

Clearly Rath's dots are superior to Jaffar's dots.

Which are both inferior to Shin's dots. Seriously, even though it's a terrible support, Shin and Fir's C support is one of my favorites just because of how relatable it is.

It's called Softly with Grace because the devs found the words "softly with grace" in TRS, and decided to use that string of words however in their game.

Naturally, as the FE7 devs tend to-

If they had continued reading, they would've found out that the phrase wasn't the name of a song, but rather part of the dialogue in a scrapped scene between Plum and... Well, you know where this is going.

GYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGGHHHH!! Why?! If it were Ninian's theme or the theme that plays in scenes that imply romance, sure! But the Four Fangs' battle theme? I wonder if this was a mistranslation. It makes no sense, even in a TRS ripoff way.

1- He's not in the Four Fangs because that'd make too much sense. In the context of FE7, Pascal is a much more fitting pick, because he makes no sense whatsoever. Can't fault them for being inconsistent, at least.

Consistently inconsistent! Keeping us on our toes!

2- His armor is purple, like Canas's robe. Clearly there's a connection.

Oh dang! No wonder he did so much damage!

3- Maxime is too fabulous to have no luck.

FABULOUS?! HE KILLED RATH!

4- Because FE7 is a great game.

Naturally.

5- I concur. Guhhh! Indeed.

If I hadn't put so many cheese puns in, I could have called the whole update Guhhh!

Lucky bastard...

Luck is at least half skill!

Although after reading your Marcel paralogue update, I understand your rage.

AND I LAUGH!

Don't worry, this happens to me all the time. I, too, make moves and then wonder why the hell I chose to do them. Mostly when they result in a unit's death.

Death? In my LP? I know not what you speak of.

Ah, yes. The            staff. My favorite staff in FE7. Totally worth sacrificing S tomes for that.

Hey now, he's so good that I want to do everything in my power to make him merely above average!

Did you know what FE6 allowed for multiple S ranks? Yeah. Turns out, not everything FE7 did was an improvement over 6. Though, the ability to give statboosters to units in the prepscreen was much appreciated. I still get nightmares about Lilina and her angelic robe...

I wish FE8 had returned to multiple S, as it would have benefitted a lot more since ranks are actually important there. I mean, in FE7 having an S in swords or axes is only good for the + 5 hit and crit they grant since you don't get them until there is up to three enemies left. And they're not effective against dragons. Heck, having an S in general is kinda useless. At least you get the S bow early on in the final map...? Wil is set for life, I guess.

Oh yeah, that's the most infamous part of this map. If this mercenary in particular reaches Zephiel, it's all over.

Fixed it for ya! Although Jaffar is kinda worse IMO, as Zephiel won't kill himself, and you do have a decent shot to reach him. Jaffar...Yeah, it was real costly to save a unit I'm not gonna use.

The entire map hinges on whether or not you're able to stop this unit that you cannot see.

Also a problem. My kingdom for Berwick fog!

Ahh, yes. This attempt is going swimmingly already.

Positively swimmingly.

Three cheers for swordreavers!

I am too worried about these two, I swear. The red flags keep pilling up.

But Derricc is there! Surely absolutely NOTHING can go wrong. I mean, he has capped def and res!

This is what we call foreshadowing.

Unless you do something completely unexpected and kill off Raven instead. That'd be awesome. I... I hope I haven't accidentally predicted what you intended to do. But if I have, by all means, don't change course. Let's see if his blood is as red as his edge.

You will see!

They're on opposite sides, right? That means they're heading the same way. Meaning... either sentimental reunion or heartbreaking tragedy. Let's see what happens. My bet's still on Raven's death.

C'mon, he defied death about 25 times! Surely HE won't fall!

Your room is the place where you sleep. No need to thank me.

Zephiel was a bright young lad until Jaffar took his brain cells. He no longer remembers what a room is.

Edgehead. Good one.

Is there anything else one can refer to Raven as?

Hmmm... No, I don't think it'll be one of these guys. Lawrence, maybe. But General Lawrence is too epic to fall to this rabble. My money's still on Raven.

If I hadn't given up on trying to make decent maps to keep up with the LP, Lawrence prolly would be getting doubled by most of the enemies here. Fun fact!

Hoo, boy... Battle Before Dawn claims yet another victim.

Rath's dream of opening a winery known as the Grapes of Rath will never be realized. Well, maybe it will. I think he retreated-I chose this death quote to replace Cheese, my lads! because I thought it was the Lyn mode death quote. Guess not!

10/10 best death quote. i cri everytiem

Only Martel can match this.

Me when I lost you-know-who two updates ago.

I mean, even if he is really superb, Berwick is pretty balanced, so you should be okay. Plus the fact that if worst comes to worst before chapter 9, you can always do what I did: Faye with Miracle charm. She takes at two hits, and will most likely dodge Obama's attack and has a decent shot to dodge at least one or two more, and you don't need Astra for anything on this map other than Obama n the boys.

Of course, a true legend uses Astra on Sophie. It wasn't on purpose, Esteban, I swear! I'm not trying to kill your girlfriend! I ONLY WANTED THE RAZITE MONK DEAD!

Friendly reminder that this is supposed to be the prepromote counterpart to a growth unit. Yeah.

Poor Erk.

He should have stuck to being a clErk instead. Seriously, nobody has any chance to be matching Pent-Maybe Nino once she's fully trained, but das' it! And the amount of work needed-

Who am I kidding, what else is Night of Farewells there for?

Until she dies because 8 defense.

She'll be FIIIIINE!

Yes, Worse Florina! Go! Totally worth those 20 grand!

Worse Florina still has 8 movement and flying!

This is two twists in one. I love it.

Wait, two?

Who's the father?

Y'know, the awful Harken recolor?

Oh right, you missed Lyn mode. I...Wouldn't endorse reading it, as it's pretty awful for the most part, but as an excerpt, where Galle's dad introduces himself:

Spoiler

Captain%20Lawrence.png?dl=0CAPTAIN Lawrence. And as a man who has seen battlefields for his whole life, we don't got the numbers to divide and conquer. I'd feel confident taking down these bandits if I had a wing of Pegasus knights behind me and no less. Even if Lauris and Canas are competent, two people shouldn't be able to take a camp alone.

Wait%20whos%20joe.png?dl=0I shall accompany you.

UwU.png?dl=0Who the heck is this yahoo? Why do people randomly show up?

OY%20VEY.png?dl=0Hmph. Trifle not with us.

Wait%20whos%20joe.png?dl=0Forgive us for butting in. I'm Aegeas, former Wyvern Knight of bern, current Etrurian captain. I heard the pleas of these people, and while I am currently in Etruria's army, I will not hesitate to help any in need.

OY%20VEY.png?dl=0I will not divulge my name, but know that foes cannot stand before me as long as I have an anima tome.

Wait%20whos%20joe.png?dl=0We do not have much time, so we'd like to free the captives as soon as possible.

UwU.png?dl=0Well, that's convenient.

Although technically he made his debut in 7x to explain why Ursula leaves then. And he also saves Eagler, (who is Swift's dad, I just dropped the ball on that part) but I forgot about that plot point too...So...Yeah...

Ahahahahahahahahahahahah! I was not expecting that! Goodness, I can't even remember which update this was in! Did you just go searching through the entire LP for it?

Yes. I started the page after this picture was and went all the way to the end of LP before going back to the beginning... IT TOOK SEVERAL HOURS but it was worth it.

I admire your dedication!

Thanks. This chapter needed an Axel or the wheels would fall off.

See? Science prevails once more.

Gah! Twice in one chapter...

Seriously though... Oof... At this rate Eligood's gonna have to Elisolo the rest of the game.

He really will. Although he is in tough competition for the Dragonshield, if we find any. Florina is much better and this run would be a heck of a lot harder if she got Matthis'd, so to speak.

To be honest, I just want to know which of the fanfic squad members will die. No way they're all getting out of this one unscathed. I know that kind of build-up all too well.

Ooh, Glass' def is looking pretty shaky...

I think this is my longest reply so far. Please bear with me.

No, I refuse to respond to people who reply to my LP! How darest thou?

On 9/1/2020 at 4:00 PM, Pengaius said:
  Hide contents

CHEESE MY LADS.JPG not found

May he Rath Een Piece. 

Are you trying to incur my Rath? Wait, I don't have one anymore.

A moment of silence for the DeDarted. 

Noo...My reference to Dart in FE6...

Also look at the monk in the image before Dart dies. 

Huh?

Oh, PFFFTTT... Almost having as many issues as me there!

On 9/1/2020 at 4:10 PM, This boi uses Nino said:
  Hide contents

Ok fine Javelins are E rank...

Hehehehe right... man this map is... unfair because of FoW but I like it if it didn't have that.

Or if Jaffar didn't have a death wish..

In HHM, Ursula is on the south-east.

Would have been good to know. She didn't end up doing any real damage, though.

This game has really tough Heroes... Heroes and Valkyries are the scariest enemy classes.

Valkyries? We've barely seen 'em! Heck, I think Ursula is the first!

They're only times 2 effective, it's not such a big deal.

26 might weapons are still no joke...

Game design amirite?

Perfection.

Lmao.

Y'know, Ninian's dances are sorta like the least...Invigorating in the series? Like, the others have fast music and neat dances, but Ninian just has depressing music to a slow dance.

This guy is a monster. You better have something like a Brave Axe or a Killer Axe for him, which I mean you likely do.

And thank god for that!

Seriously... what were they thinking with giving him such low speed?

Enforcing LTC strats~

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CANAS! It can't... be!

My life would have been very hard had Jaffar not died.

NICE!

I would have laughed if you told me that Eliwood would be my third or fourth best unit ten maps ago. But then Raven died... And he did pull himself together.

Not me, but that's awesome!

+6 to strength, even including the energy ring! Her average at 17/10 is 15.2 strength or something like that.

Lmao HAHAHAHA

Things were looking pretty Cheddire here for a while.

Yay cheese puns!

I milked them for all their worth!

Navarre... Navarra... St. Rubenio knows more about this than I.

Wikipedia on Cheese from Navarre! Now you, too can be an expert on life!

That was good unironically, I liked it!

Oh dear...

Cool Farina is pulling her weight!

Now if she can just cap defense, I'll be happy!

Just kidding, but she's doing pretty dang good.

Damn...

This warrants more violent language. Such as...[Spoilered for language]

Spoiler

Alright, I'm excited for it, until next time.

Hope it doesn't disappoint!

On 9/1/2020 at 4:25 PM, Eltosian Kadath said:

Alright my responses this time might be long enough to warrant the spoiler box.

Hide contents

If there is fighting it means the assassins either bungled the kill, or bungled the escape, so Hector isn't as logically wrong as you are acting.

Oh, that's true, Hector didn't know that there wasn't anybody in the Manse.

Bold to head in both directions on an ironman. I know in my ironman I sent everyone east and left Jaffar's survival up to chance (which worked out, as Jaffar dodged/crit enough to ran out of killer swords, after which he sat the rest of a map on a pillar where no one could hit him...)

Jaffar died so many times even on Eliwood normal for me! I got softlocked on it three times! Then again, I was somehow even worse six months ago.

She is hiding in the bottom corner, and finding her is kinda critical, as her AI has her start moving just in time to bolting kill Zephiel on the last turn if you ignored her.

That is...That reminds me of something Kaga would do if he were angry.

...Yikes forever.

I should have a yikes counter.

Naw, Nino has just enough health that, and is heal happy enough that the 2% crit only kills her if she is at 14 HP at the time, which makes it even rarer than that stated 2%. The real concern is that the random move she makes when she uses her Elixir will put her into Ursula's terrible terrible rape radius.

Well, her healing AI is to go into recovery mode at 50%, so the monk has somewhat of a chance.

And yeah, what were they thinking with putting Nino so close to Ursula?

Lot of undeserved Jaffar hate, although the the Harken comparison is probably accurate. Jaffar is amazing, but Harken having access to 1-2 range with his stats pushes him well past Jaffar.

Hey now, Harken didn't kill my sanity!

Heh, was that the final punchline, all this Jaffar deprecation to then put yourself down in a comedic way

I missed about 500 frames to get a decent screenshot, he missed an 88. We're even. Maybe.

... I guess not. Poor Jaffar gets all this hate because he only has a chance of holding off an entire army indefinitely...

He failed to bring a lancereaver to take out a sword-locked unit! SMH!

The old bugged stat boss himself, although its funnier when his stat variance lets him break his class's HP cap.

Bugged stats? Is he messed up?

I'll give you that one, for taking down that monster Maxime is no easy feat.

Ha! Yeah!

Surprised you aren't letting them nab some treasure for you to kill off of him. There is some amazing stuff on this map: the Brave Lance, the Boot, the Delphi Shield, and the Rescue Staff, and getting any of them would be a massive boon to your army.

Well, it doesn't actually show that they drop anything until they steal something, so I figure they're just more anti-turtling incentive...Man, I can't believe I missed the Delphi shield...I seem to recall there being killer ballistae in Zictory or death. I think that the "Killer" part isn't too bad, (ten crit? Not very good) but I think it's more accurate and deals more damage.

She is utter Harken bait. Also that 13 AS still leaves her with 12, which is about on par with the other enemies. FUN fact, thank to the weight of Nino's Elfire tome she actually gets doubled by Ursula's bolting.

Outstanding! Why does IntSys insist on giving green units bad equipment? Granted, not as bad as the abomination that is Echidna's equipment.

Ouch. Yeah you really have to hussle to protect that throne room of his or this will happen. Its a shame as things were going so well too.

I made a mistake to keep Nino locked in a corner while Hector lumbered over there to recruit her.

...Oof, that hurts a lot...

Indeed... I'm almost glad Jaffar made me do it all over again.

Almost. But not really.

This is a bad omen for this run...

If Canas wasn't enough of one, yeah...

How reliant this map is one the luck of the NPCs is a big part of what makes this map simultaniously the best and worst map in the game.

It is a good idea for the map, it just didn't convert. I mean, giving Jaffar a somewhat decent chance of death before you can do anything at all was a mistake.

Plus your only real issue with last time was protecting Nino, going after Ursula is kinda necessary (and stops reinforcements), and if you defend the prince as well, there is no direction for enemies to attack her from that you aren't defending already.

Killing Ursula stops reinforcements?! I should have done that long ago... Man, warp would have been so nice for this chapter.

I was rather enjoying your insistance on Pent being a staff unit, but it seems the challenges of BBD have finally forced you to bringout the big guns.

The first and last time Pent will be using a weapon that ain't a staff.

d5e.jpg

Beautiful. Just gorgeous.

...Edgehead... heh.

Captain Lawrence spitting them straight facts.

Heheheh, Oh that is such a hilariously aweful mistake to make.

HAHA, I'M NOT LAUGHING RATH IS DEADIFIED! I MAY HAVE TO USE ANOTHER TOP-TIER UNIT!

Poor Rath, killed off yet again. And he was so good this time...

He was so good both times! Worth the investment!

Nice Filla's Might use, but boy those accuracy numbers (heh) are still rather scary.

Naw, I'm good at life! He couldn't have missed!

MAX STRONGTH RETURNS!!!

POWER! I CANNOT LOSE!

Now you are getting it. That is going to be a nice boon to your monster fliers.

I didn't expect Farina not to be able to ORKO... Well, the boots'll be nice on Florina.

After all that risk and effort to kill Maxime... Battle Before Dawn has somehow managed to cripple your army further.

Battle before dawn: Crippling me body & soul since December 2019.

..Eh, the Boots are fairly good as well. Too bad you couldn't kill off that one last turn, and convince a second thief to grab the boots, but oh well, your monster pegs probabaly don't need the help of a brave weapon.

More boots=Faster Florina!

Heh...It even works in more ways than one since I'm entirely relying on the RNGoddess to bail me out.

If I were to guess it was due to the time limit stressing people out, and them not realizing they have plenty of time to think things through (assuming they have the brain to learn the alternate songs of time...).

Side note, Majora's Mask is the best Zleda game. That is all, simple statement of fact.

That's a strange way to spell Skyward Sword.

And that is another part of what makes Battle Before Dawn simultaneously the best and worst map in the game.

Indeed. I hope the FE7 remake makes it more enjoyable. Well, for me. Most people love it.

...ugh....I think I just threwup a little in my mouth.

The only valid reaction to Plum.

Its the blue haired Harken edit.

Ugh... He's easily the worst one I did. At least Marlowe looks like a scumbag! Blue Harken looks like he's been hit by a can of paint...

On 9/1/2020 at 4:29 PM, twilitfalchion said:
Spoiler

Agreed. Her and Sonia's interactions are pretty sad, actually.

There's Nino chance that Sonia's dying to anyone but Nino! Well, there is, since she has 0 luck, but shhh...

That's the power of Vidya Gaem Logic™

While the Gameplay/Story segregation bothers me a little, I am very glad that not every enemy on the map is a level 10+ Assassin with a killing edge.

He Wil not get the chance to prove himself.

At this point, he disappointed you so many times that he likely Wil not get another chance at all.

What? No, he'll get many more chances! I don't care if he gets ORKO'd by endgame! I just needed high-mobility and power units for this one.

And there's a billion open slots now that I killed two mainstays of the team.

Assassins beat everything.

Well, except for enemies with 2 range options.

Mind changed.

Because facts.

You're welcome.

I wish I'd kept Matthew alive so I could at least use an assassin who's in a bad class with bad stats... Well, and for a lot of other reasons, such as not having 90% of the run crippled by being in no-thief land.

Dat hecking RNG. One time Jaffar would kill nearly everything in ENM. Another time he'd get wrecked.

Well, generally if he doesn't crit enough, he gets absolutely destroyed unless he is bigbrain enough to go onto a tile with avoid. Which he naturally seems to refuse to do

It really do be like that sometimes though.

It really do...

qI2DmFbh.jpg

Zephiel is pretty far from greatness as a unit... As are my skills... But someday, both will be a force to be reckoned with!

*insert repost of above meme*

Jaffar is pretty far from greatness as a unit... Okay, not really. If he weren't a swordlocked unit, he'd be one of the best in the game.

Time to let out some of that Pent-up anger.

Only for a little while, though. He must continue to staffbot!

Benice.exe has crashed. Send help.

I think I crashed when Matthew died. Or maybe Oswin.

Got to have dat cheese.

Ordon_Goat_Cheese.jpg

I always found it weird that the ice temple was the hardest in Twilight Princess-Every single time I've done this temple, I struggle. And I went through it about 20 times to make sure I found both poes in there.

I love his facial expression, though. He's not quite as broken as me, but still hilarious.

Impressive. Most impressive.

tenor.gif?itemid=4591916

That's...Not what I expected. But, uh, yay! We did it! We impressed a reader!

And she's no pushover herself.

Hey, I'd use her if I didn't need Pent to reach S staves!

Also the amount of thoughts that are going on in Hector's head.

I notice a distinct lack of promotion in his mind.

Same to you.

Thanks!

BRING ON THE CARNAGE!

NO!

Death everywhere:

Spoiler

LyISHtn.pngAAAAAIIIIEEE!!! My arm! Where'd that arrow come from?! I...I can't move my arm...

M91Ve7Z.pngNo! Hang on, Marlowe! We'll make it through! Stay close!

LyISHtn.pngSwift, you've gotta leave! Go! You might make it out!

M91Ve7Z.pngI'll stay with you to the end! I will protect you until my dying breath!

LyISHtn.pngWhy?!

M91Ve7Z.pngBecause I know you'd do the same.

LyISHtn.pngYou vastly overestimate me...

M91Ve7Z.pngThen why are you still trying to fight? We're in this together. We have to make it out of this alive!

4qJS2Ah.pngHyah! ... They're...Every last foe has been vaquished! Excellently fought, sir Derricc! Oh, that was brilliant! Why, I came out without a scratch, and you deftly destroyed every foe that came within reach of your lance! Thank you! I am eternally in your debt.

zcLPBgx.png..! .... ......., . .... ..! ....., . .... .... ...... ......!

4qJS2Ah.pngYou need the Pallas Umbrias? But only a trained spellcaster with Cornwall's blood may wield it, or a true master of dark magic... Even I am incapable of using it, and merely because my grandfather was from Thria! Plus...It is the only memory I have of mother...

zcLPBgx.png..... .., ... .... .... ..

4qJS2Ah.pngSomeone's in trouble? Hm... You are confident that you are capable of using it, despite your commoner status? But you are an armor knight, not a druid...

zcLPBgx.png...., ....., .. ..... ... ... .....

4qJS2Ah.pngSir Derricc... Very well. May my family's orb serve you well. You carry my blessing.

zcLPBgx.pngThank you, .... .......

4qJS2Ah.pngPlease... Return to me alive...

What was going on when we last left off? Oh, right. Dying.

nRwc7fT.png

BIOGAS! CHIMNEY-SWEEP! VAGRANT!

XTP17gV.pngL7k1WF6.png3fv0Oz6.pnghFPZ0ZQ.png

rIEWWad.png97CvO9e.png

POLTROON!

KQFNxzN.png

BRIGAND!

NYxWb8B.png

GARLIC-GUTS!

l7aBzeu.pngVd0kWXj.png

AMELIA!

e6IgDWc.png

Hah! As long as Florina makes it to help Farina, I think we'll be okay. Of course, the Fog could-

OogU0ZC.png

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!!! THIS IS BAD! THIS IS REALLY BAD! If Florina can't make it to Farina and Jaffar...

pYjM6eZ.png

Oh god... This is a disaster... Please...Hit both of these...

2N9nWhG.pngHhF7YQC.png

Ooof... My heart... Can Panto reach her with Physic? No. No, of course not. Of course I'm gonna kill Florina. Phantastic. She gets killed by either both mages hitting or the general hitting. Great. Well...Cross your fingers? I...I'm at a loss... How? How did I do this?

Jsl3B8J.pngAha, finally made it to this central room! The door's closed, but I saw some assassins go in... I have got my Elfire ready...Hoo...Here we go! FLAMES OF HEAVEN, SCORCH MY FOES!

MpjqgVW.png...Is it over? Is that all of the Ass-YEEEK!

Jsl3B8J.png!!! P-p-p-prince Zephiel! Oh! Oh St. Elimine, I-I-

MpjqgVW.pngAre you one of the assassins?

Jsl3B8J.pngN-n-n-n--n-n-n--n-n-n-n-n-n-n-n-n-n-n-n-n-n-n--n-n-n-n-n-n-n-n-n-no-nono-I-AAAGH! JUST FORGET THIS EVER HAPPENED!

MpjqgVW.pngWait, who are you? Why are you here?

Jsl3B8J.pngIt's a...V-very lo-long story...

MpjqgVW.pngOh! You're Brunnya, aren't you?

Jsl3B8J.png(PRINCE ZEPHIEL KNOWS MY NAME?! AAAAGGH! THIS IS PROBABLY ABOUT THE LAUNDRY INCIDENT WHEN I FIRST SAW HIM! TAKE ME NOW, ELIMINE!)

MpjqgVW.pngI heard about your, erm, adventures around Elibe. You see-

Jsl3B8J.pngI DIDN'T MEAN TO RUN THROUGH THE STREETS IN UNDERWEAR DURING THE ROYAL PROCESSION!

MpjqgVW.pngWhat? O-oh, that was you? I-I see... An-anyways, I heard from Murdock that you are part of a mercenary group that is aiding Lord Hector.

Jsl3B8J.pngY-yes, this is true.

MpjqgVW.pngHmm...May I speak to Glass as soon as he has a free moment?

Jsl3B8J.pngS-sure, I'll go get him. I'll, heh, be off now. Haha! Heh! Hoo...

MpjqgVW.png...

Tw67woh.png

Okay, well, at least Farina should be able to hold down the fort...

9FZA02t.pngw4wzYbI.png

Thanks.

S1AxbLI.png

Canas, instead of saving the MVP, must take out a useless enemy.

hgPLA86.png

Hecotr mustn't die.

15KPrII.png

GYARGH! NO NONONONONO! KEEP DODGING! I CAN'T!

SiGODUw.png

Great time to be playing basketball, Jaffar! First the radish, now this?

hLhrCvk.png

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.... She's not making it out...

Zm38Mp8.png

That's my girl, fighting to the last! We'll...We'll save you! It'll work out!

9URM8WI.png

NO, STOP! ESCAPE! DO A BARREL ROLL! EVASIVE MANEUVERS! IT'S A TRAP! YOU'RE MY BEST UNIT! YOU CAN'T-THIS CAN'T- IT CAN'T END THIS WAAAYY!

M91Ve7Z.pngThere's...How....How are there this many of them?

ArEi4kA.pngHaa...Ahh...It...It hurts...

M91Ve7Z.pngAAH! So...So many of them...No...We're done for...

ArEi4kA.pngSwift...I'm sorry... I can't...Move...This is...It...

M91Ve7Z.pngMarlowe...One last time, let me hold you tightly...

ArEi4kA.pngI love you... All my being...It loves you...

M91Ve7Z.png*sniff* I love you... So very much...

QjgL7RS.png

HfDwjFF.png

zcLPBgx.png(At long last, it is time to doff this armor!)

aUp5mbr.png

XNnn2WP.pngBLESS'D BOOK OF CORNWALL, HEED MY COMMANDS!

8zncUyb.pngqkTxIhX.pngcUFS8KF.png

kvrCwRo.png

M91Ve7Z.pngMarlowe...I...I love you...

ArEi4kA.pngMm... You...Too...

M91Ve7Z.png...

ArEi4kA.png...

M91Ve7Z.png...

ArEi4kA.png...

M91Ve7Z.png...

ArEi4kA.png...

M91Ve7Z.pngUh, why aren't we dead?

XNnn2WP.pngAh, good! I made it in time.

ArEi4kA.pngAh! Who... I don't recall your face...

XNnn2WP.pngAhaha, that's only natural. I am Derricc.

M91Ve7Z.pngThe armor knight?! You're actually a druid?! No way... This isn't a prank?

XNnn2WP.pngI'm a lot of things, m'dear. A disgrace, a runaway, an avid researcher, a former member of the Black fang, and a knight who once escorted Marquess Caelin's granddaughter to Lycia.

M91Ve7Z.pngI don't understand...

XNnn2WP.pngEverything will be sorted out soon. Now, we'd do well to make haste! I won't be able to keep them all at bay forever.

OfvhTUX.png

YESSS! YES! YES! THANK YOU! THANK YOU RNGESUS! THANK YOU, RNGODDESS! I SEE THAT MY SACRIFICE OF THE UNITS IN RUBEN'S LP WAS ENOUGH!! THANK YOUUUUU!!!!

adJju36.png

Never again will I allow the grim reaper's scythe to loom so close to you, my love.

YSQRrpT.png

k1ASfJk.png

2Feinqv.pngjgtqLE5.png

D'you think he learned his lesson?

snhkht4.png2gUSO8g.pngDCBttB7.png

Farina still surviving over on the other side. I'm very proud of her! 20k well spent.

lkkjB6b.png

Fool!

ATTNqHE.png

We've got this we've got this we've got this we've got this

0nutiam.png

One!

pNFPNcu.png

Two!

icrO2P7.png

Three! Everybody's been neutralized, which means...

78f8lZg.png

Pointless screenshot!

x1Zhueq.png

WE FINALLY HECKIN' UNLOCKED NIGHT OF FAREWELLS! YAY, NOW I GET TO PLAY A POORLY DESIGNED MAP AFTER RESETTING THROUGH THIS MAP SEVERAL TIMES. ON THE VERY LAST TURN OF BATTLE BEFORE DAWN. Wow. That went...Horribly, but it could have gone MUCH worse!

EkNpxhR.png

Ah! My hope of surviving this LP is back!

Vw9ibI9.pngThat worked out okay!

zcN79QK.pngYep! Glad that we all made it back. Let's hope that the other parties did too.

4qJS2Ah.pngDERRICC! DERRICC?! HAS ANYONE SEEN DERRICC?!

XNnn2WP.pngOh, sorry to alarm you, dame Priscilla! I forgot that I'd been hiding my identity all this time.

4qJS2Ah.pngYou're Derricc? But...

XNnn2WP.pngWell, my proper name is Teodor Derricc Bandit. I don't mind being called Derricc anymore, though. I feel like I'm not scum when I carry that moniker.

4qJS2Ah.pngScum? But Milord Derricc, you're...Why...I cannot explain how much joy I feel, just being able to walk through these trying times alongside you.

XNnn2WP.pngPriscilla...I appreciate your kind words.

eukFoX3.pngHello, everyone! How fared your expeditions?

zcN79QK.pngWhy are you carrying the unconscious body of- Y'know what, probably best not to ask.

IGJed5l.pngUngh...

eukFoX3.pngI figure that we may have gained two new allies! Has anyone seen Glass?

LZZ9C4m.pngI hope you haven't all been worried about me.

5RPLYTm.pngBwahaha! I feel twenty years younger! That was marvelous! Oh, Priscilla! Glad to see you in one piece! Boy, is your brother going to be glad to see you!

4qJS2Ah.pngMy lord brother?! Where is he?

gA0n8AM.pngWHAT?! WHAT IS THIS SORCERY?! I'M STICKIN' MY GOSH DANGED SPEAR RIGHT IN 'IS GUT, BUT NOOOO, NOTHING EVEN SCRATCHES HIM!

a3tvh0D.pngTsk. Just give up.

gA0n8AM.pngELIMINE DAMMIT, I'M GOING HOME TO DRINK SOME TEA!! This is so annoying...

WBwyCB4.png(Hee hee...This has been comedy gold.)

a3tvh0D.png*Gasp* Priscilla!

4qJS2Ah.pngMy lord brother!

a3tvh0D.pngOh, Priscilla, how much I've longed to see y... I mean, it's not like I missed you or anything! Baka!

MpjqgVW.pngSo, Mr. Glass, do you accept my proposition? I want to prove to myself and to my father that I can do this, that I'm not a failiure!

LZZ9C4m.pngI think you're romanticizing the life of a mercenary quite a bit. I'd take you, but a noble like yourself isn't cut out for this line of work.

MpjqgVW.pngWell, we'll see how I fare! Thank you very much!

LZZ9C4m.pngThat's not what I-Sigh...

jlUJtXy.pngONVpeyX.pngB20EXn4.png

Awww, how heartwarming!

LkRqR7I.png

dot dot dot dot dot dot

XBttr1F.png

Oh, perfect! Hector can show that love can truly change a person by forgiving Jaf-

qAf9WKw.pngBxjVXrH.pngXrJDySv.png1D1z8ud.pngDdZFNKf.png

qMaM27b.pngFEQeHCE.png

Uh, one? Well, three if you count Battle Before Dawn as your fault.

ganKekn.pngGswakHs.png7M95cm7.png0qXqtL1.png

8cLtj96.pngAoW3ybS.png

Hello there, Idunn.

OFZIbO9.png

Hello there, Eliwood.

9VZ9oIu.png9F8R6fi.pnghG1aM8p.pngj1DYbU4.pngSORuhK6.png

On1Y5hj.png8iEt5Cj.png

ENs7zlg.pngEGsDiMY.pngobh3D6V.pngfUNaVgT.pngJjUdcFt.png

Not the reaction I'd expect when your new leader is abusive, but okay. I mean, your friend being threatened to be ripped limb from limb is better than someone being condescending and evil, right?

O3y0gsX.pngQExUScx.png4g0R9E4.png

Also, even though this is violating LP canon, I don't understand "Beyond Hearing so soon." Is it supposed to be healing?

blMWsPv.png

9KoUx6c.png

It works in multiple ways because Hellenne laughs it off too!

hGcUMnj.pngYou there! Mercenary!

LZZ9C4m.pngWhat?

hGcUMnj.pngWe're going to take down the Black Fang. We need you to go down to the dread isle and harry Nergal while we're busy doing...Other things.

LZZ9C4m.png...Very well. The Black Fang may slay innocents no longer. But...Last time, things didn't work out for us. At all. We need some help if we want to prevail.

hGcUMnj.pngFigure it out, then!

LZZ9C4m.pngWHAT?! Bu-

hGcUMnj.pngI don't have time to deal with your nonsense! Bah!

LZZ9C4m.pngHold the ph-

IGJed5l.png...I will help you.

LZZ9C4m.pngHuh? Weren't you fighting for the Black Fang a few minutes ago? Wait...weren't you the one who helped Lauris and Canas defeat the bandit camp? Why are you joining us?

IGJed5l.pngYes, I was there. As for why I wish to assist you: My husband is a wyvern knight, and my son wants to be one. Both risk being destroyed by the Black Fang because of the importance of wyvern knights. I've been working for years to undo the whole organization. This is my chance.

LZZ9C4m.pngWell...We certainly won't survive without you...

5RPLYTm.pngWe'd love to have ya! It'll be just like the good ol' days when we were fightin' off those bandits!

IGJed5l.pngVery well. You won't regret this.

jB5SR83.pngHey, wait! Ursula, you can't just run off to the Dread isle without your dashing, talented husband!

IGJed5l.pngSigh... Wait, who will take care of Galle during our absence?

jB5SR83.pngEh, I just asked one of the other captains to take care of him-Got a daughter too, so maybe Galle will make a friend? Oh, I'm Ursula's husband, by the way. I think we met 'bout a year back!

LZZ9C4m.pngYou two have a child? Please, promise me that you'll both make it back.

jB5SR83.pngOh, but of course! I highly doubt that I'll be in much danger. As long as nobody's perfected that new Aircalibur spell, that is.

zcN79QK.pngBack to the dread isle, huh? That's... That's a big oof. Hopefully it goes better this time...

Vw9ibI9.pngAh, sure it will! As long as I've got you by my side, I have a nice, big shield from arrows!

zcN79QK.pngD'aaaawww, you're so swe-What did you say?

Jsl3B8J.pngI will do my utmost to guide us to victory. We will triumph!

MpjqgVW.pngIndeed! It will be nice to be a hero rather than being reliant on one.

LZZ9C4m.pngHelen...Rest assured, none will face death at the hands of the Black Fang in one moon's time. I swear it. I will vanquish the Black Fang then protect Elen to my dying breath...

n07UUxQ.png

Nice.

h5wtW8t.png

As long as it's better than Genesis...

wo2ipc9.pngoWEpM38.pngHe1kvRX.png

f7N1H3C.png

Beautiful screenshot.

2OdPgat.png

...Jaffar, what are you doing with Nino right here?

eDcg2Ze.png

I've seen enough Zelda to know where this is going. And I don't like it.

SOKBVBE.pngJOewCb3.png

OK is just about the least Jaffar-like thing he could have said. Maybe it was on purpose?

rfLT8Yc.png

HA! what the heck is Hector doing?!

PHEq0p6.png

Dot dot dot dot dot dot dot

I0WWGEA.pngFEsI8Bw.pngrJfy5bO.pngaHn6f7K.pngi8zETEd.pngFYupczp.pngp4ri33n.pngccZsFOS.png

One friend. It still is bad, but I feel like Hector hasn't shown much that he's feeling Leila's death weighing heavily on him. Has he even mentioned Leila since he told Uther about her death?

Also, just for the record: I bet they forget about this plot point and don't finish it. Mark these words!

8mP41a0.png97S48hj.png

Yes. Just yes. We need him badly.

J44y42c.pngStcH6Zc.pngoRBtTUt.png4io0sTJ.png

fAG9XNi.png

Weeeeelllllllll... I'm still angry that the whole point of Four-Fanged offense is "Black Fang is good" but the villages still get destroyed.

zSUGSCA.pngG5gwu2V.png0upwKfp.pnga97nKhW.pngAR3jBvb.pngeq4pBY5.png

He does? Still seems pretty dot dot dot dot dotish to me.

ZKS03kX.png

5XT9Eqa.png

R.I.P m. Best FE7 character. Why would you do this, Jaffar?! What did m deserve?

IAXxXZC.pngkehYsrX.pngjPBEjoY.pngagBsuQ3.png

Ha! Well played, Lyn.

3HJD3pZ.pngAG3drDt.pngWFWJP9D.png

I... Good lord... This....... HEEELLP! ESTEBAN, SAVE MEEE!!!

TZsnx83.png

Welcome one, welcome all!

Iwat2DB.png

I've been looking forwards to LPing this game for a while...

ysmVx3I.png

Okay, fine! I'll stick with FE7 and not steal Ruben's joke! BUT I'M NOT HAPPY ABOUT IT!

RdQtHmA.png

I believe you mean Piece here, but I may be mistaken.

h4nRp7y.png

Woah, this is me! Except I always do rant right after saying this.

KVMkw5S.pngzEdRyms.png

Hector is a tsundere, change my mind.

7S8Yn3C.pngqAgOOLM.png

Guys, we've been wrong all along! Limstella's true name is Pah!

3C4ssgW.png

It's Brendan!

JaKU79K.png

He's dead.

auKj88T.png

hI! Sonia!

dFkPCCM.pngl5iUouX.png

WHAT?! HOW DARE YOU!!! YOU'RE DEAD! YOU WILL DIE BY NINO'S HAND!!!!!

kzkdzXx.pngLuYOFYW.pngh9ldojb.png

Eligood, thank you for being a hero.

lPSJNrf.pnghlePkbg.png

I will restrain myself from making a that's what she said joke.

ki5kBod.pngF6POo1A.png

Um... Well, aside from expressing his desire to mutilate and torture Jaffar...

Y'know what, I'll just roll with it.

I1ScfQ1.pnguICS4qj.pngg09T7YJ.png

Oh god, not this map gimmick again.

SpQUHan.png

Yay. Can't wait to use this on Matthew~! Huehueheuhuhauhaidhjsapoijhb!!

B5uDg77.png

I probably should just sell this.

7wsSAs8.pngF0jKFdQ.png

Yaaaaaay... Nine strength... Thank god for that +5 to res, though.

xGGLxm4.png

And this exists, I suppose.

v5z5IYd.png

I don't like this map. It replicates 14x of FE6, which, in my opinion, is one of the weakest maps in the game, but at least you have warp/flier skip as viable options. This one has neither of those, and they added status staves and boltings! Also, I'm pretty sure this chapter only exists as a "train up Nino" chapter. Which works just fine, since that's what I was planning to do in Cog of Destiny too!

Anyways, rant over. Let's get to the part you guys are all here for: In-depth reviews and analysis!

Okay, fine, death.

4dAHeuX.png

These boots were made for walkin', but that's not what they'll do. Since, y'know, she flies...

But hopefully one of these days those boots are gonna walk all over me.

iaaJ669.png

One thing I find weird here is that Jaffar IS manadatory for this mission, right? Why doesn't he appear in the prep screen?

qqytqdT.png

Well, this shouldn't be too hard. There's some really annoying status staves, but it's free real estate for Panto and Canas. Also, that's my boy Wil ORKO'ing an enemy! Who needs Rath anyways?!

eUQYCYv.png

YE

kUdkLOf.png

Mmm...Not a good idea.

U1tyv6M.png

Hey, that's a kill for Fiora, who I shouldn't bother with since she'll promote after Hector, if she even promotes at all!

FLNwS2u.png

Death'd.

G2eLuyS.png

And it was right here that I realized that it wasn't ONE bolting mage, but three. Why?! And this ALSO means that Fiora has a very good shot to die! GAAAAA-

OjskE9t.png

Welp, better go to town with Florina.

EwR4psc.png

And Wil will probably die if I leave him there.

JVICINq.png

Oh, and Jaffar is here. Nice, free killing edge!

yzYYBTg.png

As was totally planned.

B68LqjL.png

Hah! Okay, apparently Fiora would have been fine. Those bolting guys aren't as scary as I'd reckoned. That said, I played this right after the decidedly disastrous Ch. 23 of FE6, so perhaps my paranoia was justified after what happened to poor little Lilina and Shin...

hlbWDLK.png

Ha! I have Shin on my side!

21OBYtJ.png

0NS7R0O.png

Lilina? Why is Brunja going for Lilina?

hZLQjZP.png

OH MY GOD SHE DOUBLES LILINA NO NONONONONONONOONONONONONONONONON HOW HOW HOW HOW WHY WHY WHY NONONONONON

wFLiu8D.png

NZXMNZVCZCVHTZCRXCZFZCVXHJ BZX

UlHMAtO.png

CBSGCSCZGFVBNM,ZXCBZCZXZXCRGREHYKOIUIKHJGHFGDF

RJcvntu.png

Ow.

2XLlILG.png

YEESH! That's a lot of damage...Florina's res is pretty respectable! Thank god this guy doesn't have Bolting too...

DNDGpSm.pngYc5WswR.png

Toast!

oOechvf.png

Ah, she's set for life already.

RZk7uGv.png

Okay, don't want to use a sw-

DfN5130.png

... Whoops.

KWaXvHa.png

Okay, I went unpunished, at least.

fp9nVAK.png

Huh? JAFFAR, YOU'RE RUINING MY ELIWOOD!

QWenTTn.pngUlHw1ks.png

Bloting no. 2!

zD3SP7M.png

Well then. Well, she might crit?

8853miS.png

YEAH!

kp92okr.png

Let's go! Nice for things not to be going disastrously after one turn.

IytaV6C.png

I should have kept this for Nino, but...

8YPjHh5.png

Guess not.

cniq23t.png

The pickings over here are a lot easier.

vdm2LAZ.png

HOW DID YOU MISS?!

kc2uHGW.png

Nosferatu, just 'cause he might come out of this exchange with full HP.

5KRYkYP.pngiM5RvwH.png

Too bad.

6IF1NcH.png

Farina gets rid of the last one. I have nothing at all to say about it...

TSKBCFg.png

Woah, she made it to S lances pretty fast!

geNP1sQ.png

Eliwood makes no mistake this time.

52IfJ4Z.png

Poison too?! Hard throwback to New Resolve.

UfWzEyn.png

Oh, come on!

p6TeAJX.png

OOH! Nice.

qW8cAx4.png

On tonight's menu-roasted Morph!

uERAsWN.png

Hey, she actually hit this time!

4kVhyEU.png

A kill for Nino?! Also, holy cow is Harken busted. 11 damage from a silver lance is no joke...

yhoy9fO.pngCDvfzR8.png

Outstanding!

F7WWELL.pngWTikofL.png

DISGUSTING!

OUvAKLb.png

How to take good screenshot.png

CFvzX54.png

I have an abnormal fear of Nomads after some scarring experiences in FE6.

ZQOy4ye.png

HHM.png

qCFMLJZ.png

Ooh...ripe for Nino!

GSK22IL.png

These bolting mages really are laughable. I have that to be thankful for, at least!

MEaOseX.png

Oy vey...

1njzTys.pngE1Xgs81.png

Here we goo! Nino time!

hMPKWiT.png

She got magic and speed, perfect level.

lhve1IZ.pngtrmSqjv.png9UZb8qj.pngRiRm13T.png

Crawling along, abusing OP prepromotes...

Also, the heck, Jaffar? Radishes, Basketball and now CDs or vinyl?! Pull yourself together!

2wnoTFt.png

Eligood Eliminates this enemy.

n6CzY7L.png

Y'know, it's probably worth deploying Fiora just to supportbot for Florina. I mean, dat 29 crit on basically every enemy in the game...

Of course, Florina has three more points of movement than big sis, so maybe it won't work out.

BmJ77eQ.png

Who needs Rath?

BIl5eWd.png

This map did not need poison.

dRTLHsn.png

To escape the annoying pathways gimmic-Sorry, unique and innovative situations that force you to adapt, Wil retreats to avoid isolation.

Also guys Florina bad she can't ORKO this guy.

uZ32VKZ.png

I stand corrected! That's my girl!

rTkFuQv.png

Farina may be slow, but she at least will be able to set up this kill for Nino perfectly!

C8LWZlV.png

Nah, she won't miss. Does she look like Sylvis to you?

YwwHpjS.png

Nice.

EqlJ8Mu.png

Harken, please feel free to miss so that Nino can snag some exp.

tG4QROR.pngcge8Na1.pngPm3lsjt.png

Oh well.

7XAaTSP.png

Why, vern?

ihe3lqB.png

Nino takes more damage than Eliwood. Very nice.

MSzYiYn.png

OH DEAR

jGbLzwV.png

Gads, I love status staves while I can only move forwards about two tiles every turn.

NFfU2Sg.pngmXq2sjA.png

Yays!

XDwEQOr.png

I'll take it.

z0Upu49.png

Eliwood 2 stronk, pls nerf.

UIY5G9Y.png

I finally caught a good frame in a crit animation! Is this an LP first?! I legitimately think it is...

UV2EzVg.png

This works just fine!

g1F7L5s.png

I think this hit, but I can't remember.

i4mgkV8.png

I have absolutely no idea why Harken was using the brave sword here. I think I thought he was in I! Sonia!'s range. Anyways, he must die because Berserk is no good.

Nj9yGvm.png2NzpHNW.png

The bishop ends up very dead.

3gPOMRp.png

Eh, probably best to do something else with Farina.

OGka2up.png

Another status staff down!

w4SQMl9.pngDS43GSA.png1EFn29o.png

Very nice.

6XzVsWD.png

VERY NICE.

Sqk1g81.pngEFYUw3S.png

Woo!

K1Zu0yr.pngHebBmIr.png

Please be dead now.

x4FMnXN.pngRjPmOwi.png

Just in case... And Panto needs that staffrank.

ULpCiPF.pnghCGd64g.png

These two fools throw themselves at Florina. The end result is clear.

2gazmUk.png

Oof.

jbi9LBg.png1yhUy9x.png

Okay, that's fine.

vPFyUFc.png

Perfect!

gBeG71l.png

Eliwood! C'mon now!

fKsDRx2.png

Facetanking lessons for Nino.

nWltzsZ.png

Death lessons for this guy.

QSQnDgz.png

uaQPrOZ.png

Yow!

nrOzoK9.png

Yay!

FG4Znjb.png

This was very obviously supposed to be healing Nino, but...Welp, it's okay, death is part of the circle of life.

OXjkRzw.png

All of Florina's weapons broke, so it's time to use good equipment! Vote My Dude for most prepared today!

8r6Bubh.pngmkZKFGV.pngxhgVuKi.png

EYE! SONEEYAH!

g5UUU1l.png

Canas basically being a full Barrier staff blessed in res is starting to look pretty nice.

rLEHeyy.pngadPG1Xs.png

OH GOD! I think she'll be fine, right? Gah... Please no...

xui9IZv.pngoopYoET.png

Nice.

oAidDHD.png

Nice.

sxXjMg9.png

ST. ELIMINE! STOP THAT!

lOHx1uG.png

Thanks.

jkyHf1w.png

If you die, I'm calling the run off.

Okay, I won't. But I'll be very sad.

7TowZOe.png

Pointless screenshot!

xcdPe9A.png

oOf!

VZddZqx.png

OOOF!

E7XtYL1.png

Gah! Nononononononono...I don't want to die because I'm stuck on a platform for about five turns...

GN0fI2w.png

Hey, defense is good.

ZdznQPj.pngr5JPAOX.png

The duel ends! Game, Set and match, Nino!

rkdclkH.png

Eh. Magic is good.  And with the way you're going right now, maybe I shouldn't complain about skill...

2nRKEdo.png

Oho!

SEl9ano.png

ELIMINE DAMMIT NINO, THIS IS THE THIRD TIME YOU'VE DONE THIS!

dbJ1z3j.png

All yours, Farina.

dV5274n.png

Thanks.

7XK21Bw.png

Canas, death is forbidden!

ZhdvdL0.png

Much better!

vVrKicT.png

Trade strats! I'm professional!

t8szadt.pngzVFzIAe.png

Ah yes, a Wil level. Now we will truly feel the pain of losing Rath.

T3fekmi.png

HE GOT SPEED! HE GOT SPEED! HE DID IT!

hqPA3Ya.png

Jaffar's got some deadly vinyls.

JHoJXOG.png

Oh. Looks like his vinyls played a soothing lullaby.

EiCamlb.png

Oh boy! I love being stuck on a small island!

AIVSi4J.png

She doubles! Yeah!

WOcj0Oy.pngE1AJd09.pngnRu311G.png

Nice.

JaZPJuj.png

Great! And why another hammer?!

mwelyjG.png

Jaffar gets woken up by Panto.

kv3lEte.png

Oh my goodness gracious, this will not be fun. 26 crit and 24 fixed attack?! Ooorgh...

Zo35tNR.png

May was well take some pot-shotos at this guy.

y5MEhJ4.png

Dang, Wil's on a roll today!

xoWEwKM.pngo4yQjk6.png

ANyways, I nothing much happens. I get really mad because of how slowly I have to move across this chapter, grind up Nino, etc.

MzvbZ6c.pngoKUAl2O.png

Some good Nino levels.

GidVQtH.png

Why is Pent so good?!

eRrmkFi.png

YEEAAAAAAAAHHHHSSS!

DpfEvrl.png

NOOOAEGHS

e11NjY8.png

Nice.

N8HNIIS.png

ST. ELIMINE

xSbWzaD.png

Jaffar, she's literally ten tiles away.

t8l9i0j.pngqmytC1k.pngc9TNMlu.pngolDVo0y.png

Now that's another hot roast. RIP Jaffar, everybody wants to murder him.

luNb80w.png

Bolting is really annoying, you know?

XZrMKxh.png

AIE! SOHNJA!

wZsWTQO.pngJ2xGMWm.png0k5xLHS.png

You tell her, Nino!

...Right as she pummels you from across the room!

rFOZ2Mw.png

OH GOD NINO HAS 1 HP LEFT

Vm1WeHu.png

YES! THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!

CfSA4pL.png

Nice. FIlla's might gives her enough damage for 8 per turn.

xLEmUdb.pngsa2LabQ.png

Canas and Nino each get one level from Nino's attempts to take out I! Soneea!

QLrvsuq.png

Oooooh...This will work if both hit.

2hepUif.png

Great!

VII0zFS.png

Greater! Eli-good! Eli-good!

JEXqsbJ.png

I've been waiting for this...

tFnyqhL.png

HA! EAT THAT!

ETt7vvO.pngGWQgFaN.png

I...So...n...ia....

wBkMFLs.png

Congrats, Nino! You're basically Pent with worse stats in everything, but still good enough to contribute! Well, probably.

HuISe2c.png

Can't wait to use this on Matthew!

zrGDud0.png

I'm outta here! Boy, this map was...Really awful. But at least it was fairly easy aside from the hecking Luna druid.

hbDsKgF.png

The Janitor!

0CcwctG.png

Oh, great.

X0flJYe.pngDbohVyv.pngbTS1wre.pngPNsk0Lz.pngWFfOPYA.pngkbFl1kh.pngjL6dBPN.pngfPz9Rej.pngUncTzFd.pngegAFsK3.pngbKmwbdu.png

rAALFpj.png

As if you could hit him. Well, maybe with a swordreaver.

BwW7vAx.png

Hello there, Pah.

Well then, I guess this means we'll be doing Cog of Destiny next time out! Hopefully things go off without a hitch, and hopefully you enjoyed the update and will have a great week!

DEATH COUNT: Matthew

Rebecca*

Lowen

Guy

Serra

Bartre

Dorcas

Marcus

Erk

Priscilla~

Wil x 3

Lucius

My honor

Kent

Legault%

Raven*

Helen

Isadora

Sain

Oswin

Heath

Canas

Rath

Dart

Defeated as enemy

*Retreated

~Captured

% Unrecruitable

???

Discharged/killed pre-reset.

Dishonorably spared

RESET COUNT: Hector x 4

Lyn x 7

Jaffar x 2

Bandit x 2

Eliwood x 7

Merlinus x6

Being a coward x 1

Merlinus deaths as merchant: 7

Edited by Benice

Spoiler
1 hour ago, Benice said:

EDIT: Yo, SF finally let me edit an update!

Man you and Ruben have had this same problem, I never did, strange.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Indeed. Though I think it's just that the valkyries are high leveled, and enemies do have good growths, they just don't level all that much. 

1 hour ago, Benice said:

This warrants more violent language. Such as...[Spoilered for language]

Oh you got me, bwahahahaha!

1 hour ago, Benice said:

rIEWWad.png97CvO9e.png

POLTROON!

In my recent re-play of FE7, I've noticed Florina's combat without Lyn mode isn't that bad honestly, and also she has a 50% growth, which is neat.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

MpjqgVW.png...

That's a mood.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

M91Ve7Z.png*sniff* I love you... So very much...

:((((((((((((

1 hour ago, Benice said:

XNnn2WP.pngI'm a lot of things, m'dear. A disgrace, a runaway, an avid researcher, a former member of the Black fang, and a knight who once escorted Marquess Caelin's granddaughter to Lycia.

This plot reveal is actually sick as f- hel- heck! But who is this knight that escorted Lyn? Was he the super OP unit you made to quickly get through it?

1 hour ago, Benice said:

YSQRrpT.png

k1ASfJk.png

Gewahahahahaha!

1 hour ago, Benice said:

MpjqgVW.pngSo, Mr. Glass, do you accept my proposition? I want to prove to myself and to my father that I can do this, that I'm not a failiure!

LZZ9C4m.pngI think you're romanticizing the life of a mercenary quite a bit. I'd take you, but a noble like yourself isn't cut out for this line of work.

Interesting I have to say...

1 hour ago, Benice said:

8cLtj96.pngAoW3ybS.png

Hello there, Idunn.

OFZIbO9.png

Hello there, Eliwood.

HAHAHAHAHAAH good one man.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

jB5SR83.pngOh, but of course! I highly doubt that I'll be in much danger. As long as nobody's perfected that new Aircalibur spell, that is.

Foreshadowing... oh wait no, Morph Ursula has the Aircalibur... darn this could turn really dark.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

SOKBVBE.pngJOewCb3.png

OK is just about the least Jaffar-like thing he could have said. Maybe it was on purpose?

Perhaps, wouldn't not have made sense.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

5XT9Eqa.png

R.I.P m. Best FE7 character. Why would you do this, Jaffar?! What did m deserve?

pfft hahahaah!

1 hour ago, Benice said:

RdQtHmA.png

I believe you mean Piece here, but I may be mistaken.

Huh an actual grammar/word error in the story! Usually that was pretty well written.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

lPSJNrf.pnghlePkbg.png

I will restrain myself from making a that's what she said joke.

This reminds me of that incident with Cecily, doesn't it @Saint Rubenio?

1 hour ago, Benice said:

4dAHeuX.png

These boots were made for walkin', but that's not what they'll do. Since, y'know, she flies...

Kinky.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

hlbWDLK.png

Ha! I have Shin on my side!

21OBYtJ.png

0NS7R0O.png

Ooof, I don't remember this...

1 hour ago, Benice said:

hZLQjZP.png

OH MY GOD SHE DOUBLES LILINA NO NONONONONONONOONONONONONONONONON HOW HOW HOW HOW WHY WHY WHY NONONONONON

wFLiu8D.png

NZXMNZVCZCVHTZCRXCZFZCVXHJ BZX

UlHMAtO.png

CBSGCSCZGFVBNM,ZXCBZCZXZXCRGREHYKOIUIKHJGHFGDF

This too.... was very ugly...

1 hour ago, Benice said:

TSKBCFg.png

Woah, she made it to S lances pretty fast!

Oh wow she did! I just looked it up and apparently her base lance rank is A omg!

1 hour ago, Benice said:

UIY5G9Y.png

I finally caught a good frame in a crit animation! Is this an LP first?! I legitimately think it is...

It's a badass one at that!

1 hour ago, Benice said:

T3fekmi.png

HE GOT SPEED! HE GOT SPEED! HE DID IT!

WOWOWOWOWOWOW!

1 hour ago, Benice said:

wBkMFLs.png

Congrats, Nino! You're basically Pent with worse stats in everything, but still good enough to contribute! Well, probably.

That's nice.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Well then, I guess this means we'll be doing Cog of Destiny next time out! Hopefully things go off without a hitch, and hopefully you enjoyed the update and will have a great week!

Hey this update was really good actually!

Spoiler

3 hours ago, Benice said:

Of corpse they didn't look at the body! The evil guy has to be playable, right?

Validar's not playable though. Guy literally is the main antagonist of the Grima arc... despite being "killed" in chapter six (apparently in Lucina's future he killed Emmeryn there starting the war with Plegia, but her interference meant he died instead, but it has no impact on anything because Gangrel couldn't help but cause her death anyway). He gets "Deus Ex Machina'd" back to life, and somehow becomes the next king of Plegia after you beat Gangrel (who also survives so he can be playable... like Walhart). Point is, no one seems to want to actually die when they're supposed to on the enemy side.
But the most grievous thing about Validar is that he ACTUALLY is legitimately supposed to have returned from the dead as opposed to just being mistaken for it... unlike Gangrel and Walhart. That and he looks like someone recoloured Jaffar from Disney's Aladdin.

Gasp! How dare you compare Berwick and Conquest?!

...But you aren't wrong.

He even has Iago acting full blown Herman with terrible advice that seems to be there to make things worse. Actually, I've often said if Garon was more of an inept ruler cowed by bad advice instead of actually blatant evil slime-monster, and Iago was a full-blown saboteur trying to lead him to self-destructon working for whatever other party, it'd make the game's plot work better. Seeing Berwick, I feel vindicated, because quite honestly, Volcens man-childish tantrums and Herman's impression of a termite (he gets into the structure, and ruins the integrity until it collapses), I see exactly how Garon and Iago could have worked without being Saturday morning cartoon villains.

Whoever sold him that must have been a Daicon man!

We need to turnip these puns in the bud before you radish any more out.

That's a strange way to spell Skyward Sword.

Depends what aspects you value. I'm flat biased towards Majora's Mask (Not my first Zelda, or even my second. But still my favourite). I'll admit it's combat is, quite primitive compared to the improvements made with Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword or Breath of the Wild. But the character/location depth, the sidequests, and the atmosphere are second to none. The three day system, and characters having their set paths for those days (which can be altered by your actions), means there's just a ton of hidden bits in the game for one to find. An example being, that after midnight on the final day, you can find the master of the swordsman school cowering in a hidden back room. This is literally just there for people who explore. But that's not the only thing I like about the game. See, I like to come up with increasingly streamlined ways to beat it. What do I mean? I come up with ways to beat it (100%) with the least amount of three day cycles possible. Presently my record is 5, though I'm aware of people who can do it in 3 cycles with glitches... which I'm trying to avoid.

4 hours ago, Benice said:

4qJS2Ah.pngSir Derricc... Very well. May my family's orb serve you well. You carry my blessing.

Orbs? In FE7? More likely than you may think.

l7aBzeu.pngVd0kWXj.png

AMELIA!

Have you used vagabond, tramp, mendicant, schnorrer, cadger, hobo, clochard, bum, scrounger, bludger, drunkard, or pauper yet? Or did I give you your next rant?

OfvhTUX.png

YESSS! YES! YES! THANK YOU! THANK YOU RNGESUS! THANK YOU, RNGODDESS! I SEE THAT MY SACRIFICE OF THE UNITS IN RUBEN'S LP WAS ENOUGH!! THANK YOUUUUU!!!!

This reminds me of that Caeda moment way back when in my LP. Mind without the crit leading to it.

XNnn2WP.pngWell, my proper name is Teodor Derricc Bandit. I don't mind being called Derricc anymore, though. I feel like I'm not scum when I carry that moniker.

So, he's a Druid, a Knight and a Bandit... what can't this man do?

Also, even though this is violating LP canon, I don't understand "Beyond Hearing so soon." Is it supposed to be healing?

I believe it's to implicate she's unresponsive. But if Ursula's alive.... who is she draining? Rath? Dart?

7 minutes ago, Benice said:

100 hit-only 5 more than Luna. Fair and Balanced. At least Luna enemies are few and far between?

Well you missed the first nasty pocket of Luna Druids thanks to the version of Pale Flower of Darkness you got, but more are coming...

18 minutes ago, Benice said:

Cog of Destiny is going to be a rude awakening isn't it...

24 minutes ago, Benice said:

OogU0ZC.png

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!!! THIS IS BAD! THIS IS REALLY BAD! If Florina can't make it to Farina and Jaffar...

... Oh wow, is the broken pegasus going to bite it here...

25 minutes ago, Benice said:

2N9nWhG.pngHhF7YQC.png

Ooof... My heart... Can Panto reach her with Physic? No. No, of course not. Of course I'm gonna kill Florina. Phantastic. She gets killed by either both mages hitting or the general hitting. Great. Well...Cross your fingers? I...I'm at a loss... How? How did I do this?

...That is even worse. This is all going to be up  to chance isn't it.

28 minutes ago, Benice said:

OfvhTUX.png

That was close. We might have broken Benice otherwise.

29 minutes ago, Benice said:

x1Zhueq.png

WE FINALLY HECKIN' UNLOCKED NIGHT OF FAREWELLS! YAY, NOW I GET TO PLAY A POORLY DESIGNED MAP AFTER RESETTING THROUGH THIS MAP SEVERAL TIMES. ON THE VERY LAST TURN OF BATTLE BEFORE DAWN. Wow. That went...Horribly, but it could have gone MUCH worse!

Seeing as you almost lost Florina, that seems to be a fair assessment.

33 minutes ago, Benice said:

I think she is just commenting that this is the first Black Fang she was harvesting that is too far gone for them to hear her snide remarks.

41 minutes ago, Benice said:

One thing I find weird here is that Jaffar IS manadatory for this mission, right? Why doesn't he appear in the prep screen?

Because technically you recruit him when you start of the chapter. Its just like how Isadora isn't part of the prep screen.

42 minutes ago, Benice said:

G2eLuyS.png

And it was right here that I realized that it wasn't ONE bolting mage, but three. Why?! And this ALSO means that Fiora has a very good shot to die! GAAAAA-

Yeah this map has a lot of little traps to trip up the Nino grind this was clearly meant to be. You have the bolters, the ballista, and the flier reinforcements, all to mess things up.

9 hours ago, Benice said:

vdm2LAZ.png

HOW DID YOU MISS?!

That is an ill omen for this map...

BIl5eWd.png

This map did not need poison.

None of the maps needed poison. Heck the only game that does anything interesting with poison is Thracia.

MSzYiYn.png

OH DEAR

I wish I had your luck with berserk staff. Fun fact, this Berserk staff hitting with low odds on Pent (or did it hit Priscilla first...) is where I learned that enemies will target units that don't have weapons with the Berserk staff (I had passed all the remaining tomes over to Nino to let her have options, and more uses to level with).

fKsDRx2.png

Facetanking lessons for Nino.

That is it, I am calling CPS, Benice is abusing that poor little Nino.

EiCamlb.png

Oh boy! I love being stuck on a small island!

Fun fact on my ironman I had my army split between both the spawn island at this point when they cut you off, and Hector was in the middle of the water in one of the places bridges don't return too. I was afraid I might have literally softlocked myself, but fortunately Hawkeye was still alive, and has enough aid to carry Hector over the water.

kv3lEte.png

Oh my goodness gracious, this will not be fun. 26 crit and 24 fixed attack?! Ooorgh...

Luna druids are not fun. That crit rate is so nasty to deal with...

Well good luck on Cog of Destiny.

luNb80w.png

Bolting is really annoying, you know?

XZrMKxh.png

AIE! SOHNJA!

wZsWTQO.pngJ2xGMWm.png0k5xLHS.png

You tell her, Nino!

...Right as she pummels you from across the room!

Oh god, you let Nino get boltinged...I hope she makes it....

rFOZ2Mw.png

Vm1WeHu.png

Oof... that was a close one.

JEXqsbJ.png

I've been waiting for this...

tFnyqhL.png

HA! EAT THAT!

ETt7vvO.pngGWQgFaN.png

I...So...n...ia....

wBkMFLs.png

Oh wow, you actually managed to give her that kill. Nice job.

Good Luck, HHM Cog of Destiny is a hard nut to crack. Hopefully you have enough 1-2 range weapons to help keep it from become too awful (plus having living fliers helps a lot too...)

8 hours ago, This boi uses Nino said:

From what I remember it has to do with making entries that are too long.

Spoiler
On 9/7/2020 at 9:04 AM, Benice said:

No, no no! They're all elite because every member used to be part of the four fangs! Duh.

Except for Maxime, who is the most worthy of it.

If he dies he can't be used though!

DEATH Wil x 3

I'm certain that I'll have little choice about who goes to endgame...

Expecting Wil to kill the dragon. I've done it with Lyn.

poor benice.

If Wil had higher HP and defense than Rath, and didn't get doubled, then yes.

only Bartre can get doubled in HHM. I think there are endgame enemies that still cannot double base rebecca or Eliwood

Snail.

mail.

Jaffar is pretty far from greatness as a unit... Okay, not really. If he weren't a swordlocked unit, he'd be one of the best in the game.

not necessarily. His availability is still too low.

Please... Return to me alive...

Teodor is about double her age probably. Expect the FBI knocking.

That would be fun to watch.

I DIDN'T MEAN TO RUN THROUGH THE STREETS IN UNDERWEAR DURING THE ROYAL PROCESSION!

ok how did that happen? We need backstory.

What? O-oh, that was you? I-I see... An-anyways, I heard from Murdock that you are part of a mercenary group that is aiding Lord Hector.

How would Murdock know this? He has not been in contact with Hector. Or Uther? CONFUSION!

Canas, instead of saving the MVP, must take out a useless enemy.

But how can Canas save Wil if he is undeployed?

Hecotr

Ewliood

HfDwjFF.png

I actually like this picture a lot.

Except the fog is missing. Bad benice.

Teodor Derricc Bandit.

So he is similtaniously an armor knight, a Druid, and a brigand? Impressive.

WHAT?! WHAT IS THIS SORCERY?! I'M STICKIN' MY GOSH DANGED SPEAR RIGHT IN 'IS GUT, BUT NOOOO, NOTHING EVEN SCRATCHES HIM!

comic299.png?width=282&height=431

jB5SR83.pngEh, I just asked one of the other captains to take care of him-Got a daughter too, so maybe Galle will make a friend? Oh, I'm Ursula's husband, by the way. I think we met 'bout a year back!

HRMMMMMMMM

B5uDg77.png

I probably should just sell this.

It sells for like 10k, so yeah.

But why would we do something smort?

Hey, that's a kill for Fiora, who I shouldn't bother with since she'll promote after Hector, if she even promotes at all!

Its still nice to have backup units.

hMPKWiT.png

She got magic and speed, perfect level.

pitfall.

xoWEwKM.pngo4yQjk6.png

ANyways, I nothing much happens. I get really mad because of how slowly I have to move across this chapter, grind up Nino, etc.

Well then don't train Nino. I only trained her in the chapter before the final gaiden because I needed a staffbot.

Canas, death is forbidden!

9k.png

wBkMFLs.png

13 mag

WHEEZE

hbDsKgF.png

The Janitor!

We could have had a playable brigand Est instead of Nino. Think about it.

Nice

Spoiler
On 9/7/2020 at 3:04 PM, Benice said:

I promised that I'd finish FE9.

How could you promise such a thing, you fool.

Also, who is Afa? That's kinda a weird one.

Afak your ass.

Ligma but for the intellectual.

GYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGGHHHH!! Why?! If it were Ninian's theme or the theme that plays in scenes that imply romance, sure! But the Four Fangs' battle theme? I wonder if this was a mistranslation. It makes no sense, even in a TRS ripoff way.

...You do know I was just joking, right? I know half of FE7 was copied from TRS, but in this particular instance, it's just FE7's own brand of stupidity.

Of course, a true legend uses Astra on Sophie. It wasn't on purpose, Esteban, I swear! I'm not trying to kill your girlfriend! I ONLY WANTED THE RAZITE MONK DEAD!

Wait, but then how do you intend to see his character arc? Or recruit him, for that matter? It's necessary to speak to her with him...

He really will. Although he is in tough competition for the Dragonshield, if we find any. Florina is much better and this run would be a heck of a lot harder if she got Matthis'd, so to speak.

On the other hand, Florina's defense is so low, a dragonshield won't really help her. Eliwood's is more middling, so the extra push could bring him to true tankiness. Pro plays, right there.

LyISHtn.pngAAAAAIIIIEEE!!! My arm! Where'd that arrow come from?! I...I can't move my arm...

M91Ve7Z.pngNo! Hang on, Marlowe! We'll make it through! Stay close!

LyISHtn.pngSwift, you've gotta leave! Go! You might make it out!

M91Ve7Z.pngI'll stay with you to the end! I will protect you until my dying breath!

Oh, all right. It's these two, then.

4qJS2Ah.pngHyah! ... They're...Every last foe has been vaquished! Excellently fought, sir Derricc! Oh, that was brilliant! Why, I came out without a scratch, and you deftly destroyed every foe that came within reach of your lance! Thank you! I am eternally in your debt.

Now you're just taking the piss out of me.

...Well, I'll forgive you because it features Derrick being badass.

Also, R.I.P. Derrick uses axes, not lances.

nRwc7fT.png

BIOGAS! CHIMNEY-SWEEP! VAGRANT!

rIEWWad.png97CvO9e.png

POLTROON!

KQFNxzN.png

BRIGAND!

NYxWb8B.png

GARLIC-GUTS!

Oh...

l7aBzeu.pngVd0kWXj.png

AMELIA!

WHOA, WHOA, WHOA! NOW THAT IS GOING TOO FAR! THE POOR ENEMIES, WHATEVER DID THEY DO!?

MpjqgVW.pngOh! You're Brunnya, aren't you?

Jsl3B8J.png(PRINCE ZEPHIEL KNOWS MY NAME?! AAAAGGH! THIS IS PROBABLY ABOUT THE LAUNDRY INCIDENT WHEN I FIRST SAW HIM! TAKE ME NOW, ELIMINE!)

MpjqgVW.pngI heard about your, erm, adventures around Elibe. You see-

Ahhh, so this is how they met in the Benice LP canon. Quite interesting indeed!

Jsl3B8J.pngI DIDN'T MEAN TO RUN THROUGH THE STREETS IN UNDERWEAR DURING THE ROYAL PROCESSION!

...Wh... What...?

hLhrCvk.png

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.... She's not making it out...

Well, that's a situation. One that... Sigh... I'd be lying if I said I didn't see this coming. Luck be with you. But seriously, 8 defense is awful, and a dragonshield alone won't fix it.

HfDwjFF.png

zcLPBgx.png(At long last, it is time to doff this armor!)

Oh wow, that's a ton of enemies.

Wait-- You're gonna do what?! No, you can't do that, Benice! You'll spoil all the readers of my LP who also read yours! Noo--

aUp5mbr.png

XNnn2WP.pngBLESS'D BOOK OF CORNWALL, HEED MY COMMANDS!

WHAT!?

M91Ve7Z.pngUh, why aren't we dead?

XNnn2WP.pngAh, good! I made it in time.

ArEi4kA.pngAh! Who... I don't recall your face...

XNnn2WP.pngAhaha, that's only natural. I am Derricc.

I love how you used the minor name change joke to foreshadow that he's a completely different character. Good job. You caught me off-guard.

Well, I always was intrigued by Teodor. One of this game's most interesting bosses. Had some real potential as a character, if he hadn't been shackled by his status as the one-off boss in the most well-hidden chapter in the series. Also, his combat palette and portrait are gorgeous. So I'm glad you're doing something more with him.

k1ASfJk.png

Remind me to steal this.

gA0n8AM.pngWHAT?! WHAT IS THIS SORCERY?! I'M STICKIN' MY GOSH DANGED SPEAR RIGHT IN 'IS GUT, BUT NOOOO, NOTHING EVEN SCRATCHES HIM!

a3tvh0D.pngTsk. Just give up.

gA0n8AM.pngELIMINE DAMMIT, I'M GOING HOME TO DRINK SOME TEA!! This is so annoying...

WBwyCB4.png(Hee hee...This has been comedy gold.)

Aaaand even he is alive. Nobody died.

...Wonderful.

Wha-- Zephiel joins up with these guys too? What an interesting little band this generic bossman has amassed... Also, Helen is still the only fanfic casualty. F.

O3y0gsX.pngQExUScx.png4g0R9E4.png

It kinda works, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was a typo. Never forget that Bernard was the knight commander of Bern. I've said my peace.

IGJed5l.pngSigh... Wait, who will take care of Galle during our absence?

jB5SR83.pngEh, I just asked one of the other captains to take care of him-Got a daughter too, so maybe Galle will make a friend?

Benice fanfic confirmed as better FE6 prequel than FE7.

MpjqgVW.pngIndeed! It will be nice to be a hero rather than being reliant on one.

O O F

f7N1H3C.png

Beautiful screenshot.

Ch. 28x: Night of Flashbangs.

5XT9Eqa.png

This is so sad Kaga release Berwick Saga 2.

Iwat2DB.png

I've been looking forwards to LPing this game for a while...

ysmVx3I.png

Okay, fine! I'll stick with FE7 and not steal Ruben's joke! BUT I'M NOT HAPPY ABOUT IT!

Ya better. This is my territory. If yer gonna LP Berwick in my turf, you and I are gonna have an issue.

3C4ssgW.png

It's Brendan!

JaKU79K.png

He's dead.

R.I.P. bad leader.

Fun fact: Bahanuk, the King of Canaan in TRS, suffers exactly the same fate, down to the character that kills him (exact same character as Sonia, but better-written). Except his death is also his one and only appearance in the game. So... score one for FE7, I guess. They actually bothered to show Brendran once or twice.

F0jKFdQ.png

Yaaaaaay... Nine strength... Thank god for that +5 to res, though.

Promoted waifu. Now give her the Sol Kati for increased waifuism.

4dAHeuX.png

I didn't know I wrote this update of Eliwood and Hector's Less-than-excellent Adventure.

fp9nVAK.png

Huh? JAFFAR, YOU'RE RUINING MY ELIWOOD!

Clearly Jaffar must die for the sake of Eligood. Go ahead, chop-chop.

vdm2LAZ.png

HOW DID YOU MISS?!

How interesting. I, too, have recently had the "pleasure" of seeing a young female mage miss a fire spell with a hitrate of around 97%.

E1Xgs81.png

Here we goo! Nino time!

Hah! The glitch in this image makes it look like the cavalier has a funny little hat!

i4mgkV8.png

I have absolutely no idea why Harken was using the brave sword here. I think I thought he was in I! Sonia!'s range. Anyways, he must die because Berserk is no good.

Avoiding losing 1/4th of one of your last good units's health while throwing him in the middle of all the enemies is probably a good idea. Can't fault you for being cautious. Kinda.

6XzVsWD.png

VERY NICE.

Very 20k.

OXjkRzw.png

All of Florina's weapons broke, so it's time to use good equipment! Vote My Dude for most prepared today!

Has he even showed up in recent updates? From what I can recall, he vanished off the face of the earth a long time ago.

SEl9ano.png

ELIMINE DAMMIT NINO, THIS IS THE THIRD TIME YOU'VE DONE THIS!

Est/10.

eRrmkFi.png

YEEAAAAAAAAHHHHSSS!

Game's over, go home everybody.

N8HNIIS.png

ST. ELIMINE

Twice in a row, really? Then again, I am the same guy who misses half the item prompts in Berwick Saga, aren't I...

rFOZ2Mw.png

Vm1WeHu.png

The FE experience: Who cares Nino nearly died? She got a good level out of it!

(I know that wasn't from facetanking Sonia, let me joke in peace)

Anyway, Nino grew rather well. She's pretty impressive, until you remember Panto exists and is unreasonably powerful.

hopefully you enjoyed the update and will have a great week!

It was really damn long, which means really damn long reply. Please forgive me.

23 hours ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

He even has Iago acting full blown Herman with terrible advice that seems to be there to make things worse. Actually, I've often said if Garon was more of an inept ruler cowed by bad advice instead of actually blatant evil slime-monster, and Iago was a full-blown saboteur trying to lead him to self-destructon working for whatever other party, it'd make the game's plot work better. Seeing Berwick, I feel vindicated, because quite honestly, Volcens man-childish tantrums and Herman's impression of a termite (he gets into the structure, and ruins the integrity until it collapses), I see exactly how Garon and Iago could have worked without being Saturday morning cartoon villains.

I believe I may've drawn the comparison between the two myself in my LP. I didn't want to dwell on it too much because I haven't played Fates, nor am I all too familiar with its story. But from what I've heard of the ol' smile man, Volcens definitely seems to be Garon But Well-Written. Probably worth noting that Volcens happens to be one of my favorite BWS characters. Don't get me wrong, I hate him, but he makes for an excellent antagonist.

• 2 weeks later...

My dude saga, chapter 22.1: Not an update!

Soooo... Uh...Cog of Destiny didn't go very well...

As in, literally 3,000+ screenshots of me resetting and failing a lot. To put it in perspective, all of Battle Before Dawn was about 400 screenshots.

So, I figured I'd post this update alongside a poll just to ask what you guys want to see-The best/closest attempts, all of the attempts, or just the successful one + maybe a few short other attempts?

(And that update should be faster, since I've got a fair bit of an update written.)

Er, and sorry for this one being really slow, school's startin' up again, so my schedule's been changed from...Well, Vacant to not vacant. I'm hoping that it'll be consistent after this update, since I'll actually know what my schedule is now!

Luna druids:

Spoiler
On 9/7/2020 at 7:57 AM, This boi uses Nino said:
  Hide contents

Well, I didn't in early Lyn mode, hence why I was able to delete the half-updates when I accidentally posted 'em. Y'know, even though Lyn mode is really boring, I'm glad I did it, since it allowed me to (sorta) figure out how inserting screenshots worked.

Indeed. Though I think it's just that the valkyries are high leveled, and enemies do have good growths, they just don't level all that much. 

Oh, joy. Hopefully there aren't that many.

Oh you got me, bwahahahaha!

Nice! I'm on a roll! Unless Ruben dodged mine in his LP.

In my recent re-play of FE7, I've noticed Florina's combat without Lyn mode isn't that bad honestly, and also she has a 50% growth, which is neat.

In strongth? 95% sure it's 40. I think she's 50/60/45 ish in Speed/Skill/luck.

That's a mood.

Indeed. Not sure what I'd say.

:((((((((((((

RIP best est and thief utility thief.

This plot reveal is actually sick as f- hel- heck! But who is this knight that escorted Lyn? Was he the super OP unit you made to quickly get through it?

Ah yes, good old bandit. The one who crashed the game in chapter 13 and caused Guy to get the stats to survive exactly one hit from Marcus, and therefore kill Lowen.

But hey, not his fault. He was just too strong.

Gewahahahahaha!

There's a few other choice music memes, which you'll hopefully see in this update. Although maybe not.

Interesting I have to say...

Maybe I can pull an FE7 and do something that ruins the continuity between FE7 and 6! Kill off Zephiel!

HAHAHAHAHAAH good one man.

Idunn is actually Jaffar in her rebellious teenager phase.

Foreshadowing... oh wait no, Morph Ursula has the Aircalibur... darn this could turn really dark.

Wait, Giga Excalibur is effective against fliers? I can't imagine that it is, given that there's no fliers to use it on...

Perhaps, wouldn't not have made sense.

OK. I'll take it.

pfft hahahaah!

I need to make a character named m now...

Huh an actual grammar/word error in the story! Usually that was pretty well written.

Aside from Ursula's grammar error and the translation issues, yeah, it is actually pretty tight. The fact that I can point out errors and they stand out is a decent sign.

This reminds me of that incident with Cecily, doesn't it @Saint Rubenio?

Ah yes, the good ol' "You might get...Wet."

Although you missed the Child-birthing hips scene because Ruben killed Christine. You'd probably have loved it.

Kinky.

Hot.

Ooof, I don't remember this...

This too.... was very ugly...

Indeed it was. I'm so sad about these...

Oh wow she did! I just looked it up and apparently her base lance rank is A omg!

A? Nice. I wish that there was an S rank weapon that showed up earlier, though...

Also, I'd like to take this time to complain about the Sol Katti. Why? 25 crit and 12 might is great, but what's the point of a prf IF IT SLOWS DOWN ITS USER BY ABOUT EIGHT POINTS OF SPEED?!

It's a badass one at that!

Dat sound effect always kills me...

WOWOWOWOWOWOW!

THE IMPOSSIBLE HAS HAPPENED!

Wait, nooo! He can't have good levels! If he's not a meme unit, he'll die!

That's nice.

Pent outdated, Canas overrated, Erk eviscerated, Nino powers ACTIVATED!

Hey this update was really good actually!

Why thank you!

On 9/7/2020 at 10:36 AM, The Roger The Paladin said:

Hide contents

Validar's not playable though. Guy literally is the main antagonist of the Grima arc... despite being "killed" in chapter six

Bruh. 'Kay, it's hard to tell when you haven't played the game and most villains are playable! I always mix up him and Gangrel!

(apparently in Lucina's future he killed Emmeryn there starting the war with Plegia, but her interference meant he died instead, but it has no impact on anything because Gangrel couldn't help but cause her death anyway).

He gets "Deus Ex Machina'd" back to life,

*Cough me with Teodor cough*

and somehow becomes the next king of Plegia after you beat Gangrel (who also survives so he can be playable... like Walhart). Point is, no one seems to want to actually die when they're supposed to on the enemy side.
But the most grievous thing about Validar is that he ACTUALLY is legitimately supposed to have returned from the dead as opposed to just being mistaken for it... unlike Gangrel and Walhart.

That and he looks like someone recoloured Jaffar from Disney's Aladdin.

Hah! He really does!

Garon deserves a TV show.

THAT WE FORCE EVIL PEOPLE TO WATCH

We need to turnip these puns in the bud before you radish any more out.

I plan to potatone down the amount of cheese puns in this update.

Depends what aspects you value. I'm flat biased towards Majora's Mask (Not my first Zelda, or even my second. But still my favourite). I'll admit it's combat is, quite primitive compared to the improvements made with Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword or Breath of the Wild. But the character/location depth, the sidequests, and the atmosphere are second to none. The three day system, and characters having their set paths for those days (which can be altered by your actions), means there's just a ton of hidden bits in the game for one to find. An example being, that after midnight on the final day, you can find the master of the swordsman school cowering in a hidden back room. This is literally just there for people who explore. But that's not the only thing I like about the game. See, I like to come up with increasingly streamlined ways to beat it. What do I mean? I come up with ways to beat it (100%) with the least amount of three day cycles possible. Presently my record is 5, though I'm aware of people who can do it in 3 cycles with glitches... which I'm trying to avoid.

I've heard a lot of people say they really like Majora's mask! I'll have to give that a try soon.

Orbs? In FE7? More likely than you may think.

VERIA DAMMIT, I COULD HAVE SWORN I'D GOTTEN MY BRAIN OUT OF BERWICK MODE! Dangit... At least I replaced it in Teodor's action scene.

Have you used vagabond, tramp, mendicant, schnorrer, cadger, hobo, clochard, bum, scrounger, bludger, drunkard, or pauper yet? Or did I give you your next rant?

My Rant dialogue has been replenished.

This reminds me of that Caeda moment way back when in my LP. Mind without the crit leading to it.

Oof...That was...Chapter 9, I think? Ah, good times, seeing other people suffer.

So, he's a Druid, a Knight and a Bandit... what can't this man do?

Be a bad unit?

I believe it's to implicate she's unresponsive. But if Ursula's alive.... who is she draining? Rath? Dart?
Maybe she felt Teodor's dark magic and learned how to use Nosferatu?

On 9/7/2020 at 6:28 PM, Eltosian Kadath said:
Spoiler

Well you missed the first nasty pocket of Luna Druids thanks to the version of Pale Flower of Darkness you got, but more are coming...

Lovely!

Cog of Destiny is going to be a rude awakening isn't it...

Oh dear. I've heard so much about it, and yet...It was easily one of the least memorable maps in Eliwood normal.

... Oh wow, is the broken pegasus going to bite it here...

Thank heavens she didn't. This run would have been very hard without her.

...That is even worse. This is all going to be up  to chance isn't it.

I have literally no idea why I didn't just run away with her...Then again, with all of the enemies in the Fog of War, I couldn't have known that what I saw was what they had, and redoing this map is...unthinkable.

That was close. We might have broken Benice otherwise.

I think I broke long ago...When Matthew died...When Legault left...When I forgot to eat lunch that one time...

Seeing as you almost lost Florina, that seems to be a fair assessment.

Thank heaves that the unthinkable didn't happen.

I think she is just commenting that this is the first Black Fang she was harvesting that is too far gone for them to hear her snide remarks.

R.I.P Ursula, getting absolutely rekt by Eligood.

Because technically you recruit him when you start of the chapter. Its just like how Isadora isn't part of the prep screen.

I wonder why they do that. It doesn't particularly make sense...

Yeah this map has a lot of little traps to trip up the Nino grind this was clearly meant to be. You have the bolters, the ballista, and the flier reinforcements, all to mess things up.

Yeah, I really didn't like this map. The heckin' bridges took so long to move forwards!

That is an ill omen for this map...

I don't know how she did this three times. It's incredible, almost.

None of the maps needed poison. Heck the only game that does anything interesting with poison is Thracia.

I really should actually do Thracia someday. Hm, maybe in another blind ironman!

I wish I had your luck with berserk staff. Fun fact, this Berserk staff hitting with low odds on Pent (or did it hit Priscilla first...) is where I learned that enemies will target units that don't have weapons with the Berserk staff (I had passed all the remaining tomes over to Nino to let her have options, and more uses to level with).

Really? Huh. I knew that Silence enemies will only target foes with staves in their inventory, (something I had to abuse in 16x of FE6 recently, although I'm not sure it works if someone who can't use staves has one) but I guess it's the case for Berserk as well? I wonder why staves...

That is it, I am calling CPS, Benice is abusing that poor little Nino.

She's just doing her best! THAT'S ALL NOOOO FBI STAY OOOUUUUTT!

Fun fact on my ironman I had my army split between both the spawn island at this point when they cut you off, and Hector was in the middle of the water in one of the places bridges don't return too. I was afraid I might have literally softlocked myself, but fortunately Hawkeye was still alive, and has enough aid to carry Hector over the water.

Oof. Glad you made it through!

Luna druids are not fun. That crit rate is so nasty to deal with...

And some of these druids...Well, with a crit, they OHKO everything.

Well good luck on Cog of Destiny.

Thanks! From the sounds of it, I'm gonna need it.

Oh god, you let Nino get boltinged...I hope she makes it....

Oof... that was a close one.

Yessir! I think I actually did have it calculated, though. It's hard to tell when you're trying to not throw your computer out the window.

Oh wow, you actually managed to give her that kill. Nice job.

Worth all 4 uses of Filla's might that I used!

Good Luck, HHM Cog of Destiny is a hard nut to crack. Hopefully you have enough 1-2 range weapons to help keep it from become too awful (plus having living fliers helps a lot too...)

I should have enough Javelins. Probably enough to deal with about 30 enemies, and I don't recall cog being much bigger than that.

From what I remember it has to do with making entries that are too long.

From what I can tell, that is the case, but sometimes really long threads cause problems too.

Also, unrelated, I hope things get better for you IRL. It's been rough so far, so it can only get better!

On 9/8/2020 at 9:00 AM, Hello72207 said:
  Hide contents

Except for Maxime, who is the most worthy of it.

Logic? We don't do that here.

Expecting Wil to kill the dragon. I've done it with Lyn.

You got Lyn to have enough strength to damage with the Sol Katti?! How?! This Lyn is far better than my Lyn in Eliwood normal!

poor benice.

Oh god...Cog of Destiny has them, doesn't it?

only Bartre can get doubled in HHM. I think there are endgame enemies that still cannot double base rebecca or Eliwood

Bruh.

mail.

Greil

not necessarily. His availability is still too low.

He's good while you have him, and it is for the hardest part of the game. I've basically fallen asleep in some of the earlier ones.

Teodor is about double her age probably. Expect the FBI knocking.

" he is a studious young man, dedicated to the study of dark magic."-The pitfall wiki.

That would be fun to watch.

Yes, watching people go prematurely bald is my favorite pastime!

ok how did that happen? We need backstory.

Wait 'n see!

How would Murdock know this? He has not been in contact with Hector. Or Uther? CONFUSION!

Hey, they said at the beginning of the game that "Every nation on Elibe has eyes on my brother." Spies, my guy!

But how can Canas save Wil if he is undeployed?

Increasing his speed so he doesn't get ORKO'd by fast enemies?

Ewliood

Nly

I actually like this picture a lot.

Yaaaahoo-

Except the fog is missing. Bad benice.

Boo.

So he is similtaniously an armor knight, a Druid, and a brigand? Impressive.

The legendary Derricc is omnipotent.

comic299.png?width=282&height=431

Accurate.

HRMMMMMMMM

He's three years old, leave Galle alone!

It sells for like 10k, so yeah.

But why would we do something smort?

Exactly? What would this LP be if I were smart? Real boring, that's what.

Its still nice to have backup units.

Well, she cannot possibly promote, so she won't truly be viable...

pitfall.

No u! Nino is a good unit!

Well, enough that my stupidity probably won't get her killed. She won't die in a single bolting hit or ballista strike, so surely I won't accidentally...?

Well then don't train Nino. I only trained her in the chapter before the final gaiden because I needed a staffbot.

Hey, there was no reason not to train her! I mean, I was stuck on these heckin' pathways fro about six turns anyways...

9k.png

Canas cannot die! He is the endgame monocle!

13 mag

WHEEZE

Good unit!

We could have had a playable brigand Est instead of Nino. Think about it.

Why not both?

Nice

Benice.

On 9/8/2020 at 10:03 AM, Saint Rubenio said:
  Hide contents

How could you promise such a thing, you fool.

Because Twilitfalchion said he'd play Berwick Saga if I did!

Except his computer isn't buff enough for PCX2. R.I.P

Afak your ass.

Ligma but for the intellectual.

Ah yes, of course.

...You do know I was just joking, right? I know half of FE7 was copied from TRS, but in this particular instance, it's just FE7's own brand of stupidity.

Wha-

This is why I shouldn't post updates at three in the morning.

B-but hey, how could I have known? Th-that's totally something FE7 would do! Ha ha...

Wait, but then how do you intend to see his character arc? Or recruit him, for that matter? It's necessary to speak to her with him...

A great mechanic known as the saving of states. I had one at the start of the turn, thankfully...

On the other hand, Florina's defense is so low, a dragonshield won't really help her. Eliwood's is more middling, so the extra push could bring him to true tankiness. Pro plays, right there.

Hm, true. And it can't go to waste on Eliwood...

That said, FE7 wouldn't just give me a stat booster without a thief, so it's probably not worth worrying about.

Oh, all right. It's these two, then.

Sike!

Now you're just taking the piss out of me.

It wouldn't be subversive if they died in the middle of a big battle now, would it?

...Well, I'll forgive you because it features Derrick being badass.

Also, R.I.P. Derrick uses axes, not lances.

Derricc's from Elibe, though! Elibean knights use lances, not axes!!!! Sheeeesh...

Hm, Elibean knights, a spinoff fangame about Derricc?

Oh...

WHOA, WHOA, WHOA! NOW THAT IS GOING TOO FAR! THE POOR ENEMIES, WHATEVER DID THEY DO!?

They died Matthew. They deserve this! EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM!!!

Ahhh, so this is how they met in the Benice LP canon. Quite interesting indeed!

Brunnya for FE7 remake! Make her a playable! It would be kinda cool to face off against your old units from FE7 in FE6, though.

...Wh... What...?

It'll get explained later.

Probably.

Well, that's a situation. One that... Sigh... I'd be lying if I said I didn't see this coming. Luck be with you. But seriously, 8 defense is awful, and a dragonshield alone won't fix it.

You're right, she needs a speedwing and the boots and a talisman too!

Oh wow, that's a ton of enemies.

This IS FE7...

Wait-- You're gonna do what?! No, you can't do that, Benice! You'll spoil all the readers of my LP who also read yours! Noo--

WHAT!?

Fun fact, I actually had the Derricc=Teodor plot twist planned before I knew of the other Derrick's character.

...Which I found out by accident because I was trying to check his growths but the heckin' pitfall wiki's spoilers didn't load in time to save me.

I love how you used the minor name change joke to foreshadow that he's a completely different character. Good job. You caught me off-guard.

Goteem!

Well, I always was intrigued by Teodor. One of this game's most interesting bosses. Had some real potential as a character, if he hadn't been shackled by his status as the one-off boss in the most well-hidden chapter in the series. Also, his combat palette and portrait are gorgeous. So I'm glad you're doing something more with him.

I mostly did it for the awesome battle palette, I'm not gonna lie.

Remind me to steal this.

Remember to steal this.

Aaaand even he is alive. Nobody died.

Yet.

...Wonderful.

You're welcome!

I believe I may've drawn the comparison between the two myself in my LP. I didn't want to dwell on it too much because I haven't played Fates, nor am I all too familiar with its story. But from what I've heard of the ol' smile man, Volcens definitely seems to be Garon But Well-Written. Probably worth noting that Volcens happens to be one of my favorite BWS characters. Don't get me wrong, I hate him, but he makes for an excellent antagonist.

Volcens for prez 2020! He'd still do a better job than the current one!

...As long as Sienna's there too.

Maybe.

Spoiler

Why the heck did your reply multiply? Oh well.

Wha-- Zephiel joins up with these guys too? What an interesting little band this generic bossman has amassed... Also, Helen is still the only fanfic casualty. F.

Just you wait!

It kinda works, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was a typo. Never forget that Bernard was the knight commander of Bern. I've said my peace.

Imagine if Zephiel's unit description said that he was the blind prince of Etruria. Forgetting also that Elphin went blind later on in his life. Wait, why isn't Elfin in this game? Maybe he's younger than 20. I wish that we got to see more of Etruria, Sacae and Ilia in this game, actually.

Benice fanfic confirmed as better FE6 prequel than FE7.

Yay!

Wait, the bar's so low that I could have written

"And then, Murdock ascended into the heavens, granting him the divine power of cheese."

O O F

Is he wrong?

Ch. 28x: Night of Flashbangs.

I knew it was going to be a bad map with a start like that.

This is so sad Kaga release Berwick Saga 2.

Not gonna lie, if Berwick got a translated port to the switch for 90$, I'd heckin' buy it.

Ya better. This is my territory. If yer gonna LP Berwick in my turf, you and I are gonna have an issue.

O rly?!

R.I.P. bad leader.

Fun fact: Bahanuk, the King of Canaan in TRS, suffers exactly the same fate, down to the character that kills him (exact same character as Sonia, but better-written). Except his death is also his one and only appearance in the game. So... score one for FE7, I guess. They actually bothered to show Brendran once or twice.

Good job! And he has a grand total of three lines of dialogue!

"Yes."

"Go ahead dear."

"Yes."

Promoted waifu. Now give her the Sol Kati for increased waifuism.

Holy cow, I just realized that she'd have 12 AS if she had the Sol katti right now. Jeez, that is such a pointless weapon...

I didn't know I wrote this update of Eliwood and Hector's Less-than-excellent Adventure.

That would explain all of the near deaths, I never make mistakes!

Clearly Jaffar must die for the sake of Eligood. Go ahead, chop-chop.

But then I don't get to see if they do actually close the Jaffar is suck plot point!

How interesting. I, too, have recently had the "pleasure" of seeing a young female mage miss a fire spell with a hitrate of around 97%.

I bet that "Grauve" you crazy, eh?

...Like, drove...Grauve...

Hah! The glitch in this image makes it look like the cavalier has a funny little hat!

Maybe he does and it was burnt by Nino!

Avoiding losing 1/4th of one of your last good units's health while throwing him in the middle of all the enemies is probably a good idea. Can't fault you for being cautious. Kinda.

I mean, this game is enemy phase central, so maybe it wasn't a terribad idea to burn some uses of it anyways.

Very 20k.

Eh, at least it was 20k that couldn't have gone elsewhere.

Has he even showed up in recent updates? From what I can recall, he vanished off the face of the earth a long time ago.

Cripes. Well, I mean, the updates are written from his perspective...?

That is, until I metagame in his perspective.

Est/10.

You know, I wonder why Nino's name literally means "Boy." Well, it is missing the enye, but still.

Game's over, go home everybody.

Sstaffpanto!

Twice in a row, really? Then again, I am the same guy who misses half the item prompts in Berwick Saga, aren't I...

Well, I got real frustrated with the map at that point and basically spammed end turn with the speed up button on until I was allowed to progress.

The FE experience: Who cares Nino nearly died? She got a good level out of it!

(I know that wasn't from facetanking Sonia, let me joke in peace)

FE teaches good child raising skills! Send 'em out to the battlefield and increase their strength, then let them be brigands for a few months so they can get death blow!

Anyway, Nino grew rather well. She's pretty impressive, until you remember Panto exists and is unreasonably powerful.

It's a shame that Panto's stafflocked, though. Imagine how good he'd be even with just light magic.

It was really damn long, which means really damn long reply. Please forgive me.

You know what? No. I won't forgive you! I refuse!

Suck:

Spoiler

Got 'em?

aRck4EC.png

I guess this has to be here too, then.

Edited by Benice

7 hours ago, Benice said:

You got Lyn to have enough strength to damage with the Sol Katti?! How?! This Lyn is far better than my Lyn in Eliwood normal!

I've had  Lyn max strength at like 20/10

Greil

Sail

" he is a studious young man, dedicated to the study of dark magic."-The pitfall wiki.

since when was the wiki right on anything?

Why not both?

Berserkers op.

Got 'em?

Thanks for the lovely background musick

Spoiler

Garon deserves a TV show.

Volcens could be the deuteragonist. It'd be a sitcom, where they do their best to one-up one another in terms of rulling poorly. I'd watch it.

Because Twilitfalchion said he'd play Berwick Saga if I did!

Except his computer isn't buff enough for PCX2. R.I.P

Oi, @twilitfalchion.

My most sincere condolences. You cannot play the best game.

A great mechanic known as the saving of states. I had one at the start of the turn, thankfully...

Why would you need states in Berwick, though? The game lets you save every five turns, and there's like 10 slots!

They died Matthew.

They also died grammar, apparently.

You're right, she needs a speedwing and the boots and a talisman too!

You want her to die? Did you not listen to a word I said!? The science, damnit! It has been scientifically proven that if you give boosters to a unit, they get killed! Is that what you want!?

Fun fact, I actually had the Derricc=Teodor plot twist planned before I knew of the other Derrick's character.

...Which I found out by accident because I was trying to check his growths but the heckin' pitfall wiki's spoilers didn't load in time to save me.

Jikes... I was spoiled too, but the reveal is so epic that it didn't affect me in the slightest.

Anyway, good twist, the Teodor one. I approve.

Remember to steal this.

Thanks.

Volcens for prez 2020! He'd still do a better job than the current one!

...As long as Sienna's there too.

Maybe.

I mean, we're scraping the bottom of the barrel here... But at least Volcens listens to Roswick and Sienna occasionally. Very occasionally.

Got 'em?

Oh.

...Well, thank you very much, then.

aRck4EC.png

Damnit, Zephiel! How many times must I tell you!? Your room is the place where you sleep!

8 hours ago, Benice said:

I've heard a lot of people say they really like Majora's mask! I'll have to give that a try soon.

Its time travel mechanics (like the movie Groundhog Day if you have ever seen it, but repeating a set of three days instead of one) make for a fascinating experience, with numerous interesting side-quests or tidbits depending on what you did to change character's routines throughout the day. Although I will note that a lot of art assets were reused from Ocarina of Time due to the strange development cycle it went through (if you are curious you can checkout the video below for more details).

Spoiler

Oh dear. I've heard so much about it, and yet...It was easily one of the least memorable maps in Eliwood normal.

Their decision to make it almost entirely mages in HHM makes for an intense chapter with many of the most dangerous enemy types (like Valkyries, Seige tomes, Status Staves, and Luna Druids) making notable appearances. It coming after a lot of chapters either without shops (or where shopping is difficult to manage, like the Vaida chapter), so being cripplingly low on weapons before this massive rout chapter adds to its infamy.

I really should actually do Thracia someday. Hm, maybe in another blind ironman!

To quote a comment Alastor made about playing Thracia blind:

I'm just standing here wondering how it's physically possible to create a game seemingly never intended to be played a first time.

I should have enough Javelins. Probably enough to deal with about 30 enemies, and I don't recall cog being much bigger than that.

...I think there are like 3x that number if you trigger all the area based reinforcements, but I think you can face as few as 2x that number if you avoid all of the ones you are able to.

Also, unrelated, I hope things get better for you IRL. It's been rough so far, so it can only get better!

Thanks for wishing me well. This may be the worst year in living memory, but it is clearly not the norm, and things have got to get better eventually.

Spoiler
On 9/20/2020 at 9:58 PM, Benice said:

In strongth? 95% sure it's 40. I think she's 50/60/45 ish in Speed/Skill/luck.

Maybe it is 40 lel, I goofed probably.

Wait, Giga Excalibur is effective against fliers? I can't imagine that it is, given that there's no fliers to use it on...

In FE7 Excalibur isn't effective.

Ah yes, the good ol' "You might get...Wet."

Although you missed the Child-birthing hips scene because Ruben killed Christine. You'd probably have loved it.

I've seen it elsewhere, lel.

Also, I'd like to take this time to complain about the Sol Katti. Why? 25 crit and 12 might is great, but what's the point of a prf IF IT SLOWS DOWN ITS USER BY ABOUT EIGHT POINTS OF SPEED?!

Because the FE7 designers were soooooo smart.

Got 'em?

aRck4EC.png

Bruh... you got me!

• 2 weeks later...

My dude saga, chapter 22.2: HE HAS KILLED M

Wowzers, this is a looooonnnnggg update.

Also, I only noticed now that the portraits don't quite match the background. Dangit...

Luna druids:

Spoiler
On 9/21/2020 at 3:32 AM, Hello72207 said:

I've had  Lyn max strength at like 20/10

Bruh. This ain't even my weakest Lyn!

Sail

Sail? Why would you bring Darros into this?

since when was the wiki right on anything?

It classifies hand axes as axes! Boom!

Berserkers op.

Except for some reason I refuse to use Hawkeye. I don't know why, I don't even dislike him as a character.

Thanks for the lovely background musick

Ur welcome, fall for it again anytime.

On 9/21/2020 at 4:01 AM, Saint Rubenio said:
  Hide contents

Volcens could be the deuteragonist. It'd be a sitcom, where they do their best to one-up one another in terms of rulling poorly. I'd watch it.

I'd watch it.

But only if Esteban's in it. Or the Sinon knights.

Oi, @twilitfalchion.

My most sincere condolences. You cannot play the best game.

R.I.P indeed.

Why would you need states in Berwick, though? The game lets you save every five turns, and there's like 10 slots!

You expect skill? From me?!

They also died grammar, apparently.

But I dieded grammar on purpose!

OH WAIT NO I JUST CONFESSED TO MURDER

You want her to die? Did you not listen to a word I said!? The science, damnit! It has been scientifically proven that if you give boosters to a unit, they get killed! Is that what you want!?

Florina defies science! She has +5 stronkth compared to average!

Jikes... I was spoiled too, but the reveal is so epic that it didn't affect me in the slightest.

Can't wait for that!

Anyway, good twist, the Teodor one. I approve.

It was much better than my initial plan to make Minas Nergal...

Thanks.

Don't forget to use the die thing.

I mean, we're scraping the bottom of the barrel here... But at least Volcens listens to Roswick and Sienna occasionally. Very occasionally.

True.

Oh.

...Well, thank you very much, then.

Damnit, Zephiel! How many times must I tell you!? Your room is the place where you sleep!

Probably around 12 more times, seeing as that's about how many updates there'll be, give or take a few resets.

On 9/21/2020 at 5:23 AM, Eltosian Kadath said:

Its time travel mechanics (like the movie Groundhog Day if you have ever seen it, but repeating a set of three days instead of one) make for a fascinating experience, with numerous interesting side-quests or tidbits depending on what you did to change character's routines throughout the day. Although I will note that a lot of art assets were reused from Ocarina of Time due to the strange development cycle it went through (if you are curious you can checkout the video below for more details).

Reveal hidden contents

Dang, that's pretty neat! Hey, that makes him the guy who made Skyward Sword! Man, what an absolute legend, making the best game of all time.

Their decision to make it almost entirely mages in HHM makes for an intense chapter with many of the most dangerous enemy types (like Valkyries, Seige tomes, Status Staves, and Luna Druids) making notable appearances. It coming after a lot of chapters either without shops (or where shopping is difficult to manage, like the Vaida chapter), so being cripplingly low on weapons before this massive rout chapter adds to its infamy.

This chapter had me (running away) at Valkyries, Siege tomes, Status staves and Luna druids.

To quote a comment Alastor made about playing Thracia blind:

Nice. That will be fun.

...I think there are like 3x that number if you trigger all the area based reinforcements, but I think you can face as few as 2x that number if you avoid all of the ones you are able to.

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGHHHHHH

I can see why this is infamous now. Heck, a rout map with 30 enemies is really bad.

Thanks for wishing me well. This may be the worst year in living memory, but it is clearly not the norm, and things have got to get better eventually.

That's certainly a good way of looking at it.

On 9/22/2020 at 5:32 PM, This boi uses Nino said:
  Hide contents

Maybe it is 40 lel, I goofed probably.

R.I.P. Not that it matters, Florina is omnipotent.

In FE7 Excalibur isn't effective.

Nice!

I've seen it elsewhere, lel.

Webber best waifu. And he's also a danged good unit.

Because the FE7 designers were soooooo smart.

FE7 best game desing!

Bruh... you got me!

Three out of four commenters! Woo!

Still suck:

Spoiler

nWFVgYH.pngFYpcsjm.pngp4uRKWt.png2M6QKym.pngtZCESfY.png

I have heard much about this map. I am very afraid.

lovPJqd.png9YNuLEl.pngQ1b3TP9.png

Hello there, Camus! How was your trip to Valentia?

6NbbYEG.pngXw8Nnm8.pngkpRzxDB.png0lEwqs3.pngzGu18X3.pngItCspGC.pngf2C3mWn.pngDYcJtGH.png

If the Black Fang weren't all morphs, this would be a lot more touching...

ZL9QiaM.png

THROW IT ON HIM, NOT ME! Ugh, let's try something else.

7AyitwZ.pngaSgAjY2.png

HMMMMMM....I don't know, Eligood! Who could this group of assassins be?

Wait, how'd they get to the shrine of seals anyways? I guess Desmond?

mcjp3we.pngyPjJ0cS.png

Fangs, fangs everywhere.

2EjNZi7.pngDw8ako8.pngz2dttyZ.png

Did Nino also not notice that everyone had glowing yellow eyes? I guess Jaffar kept her eye off of 'em, just like Sonia did for Brando.

Wait, if every enemy has 0 luck and therefore is a morph...

How come nobody looks like a morph?

q2LnlA6.pngygHqCGz.pnguiYj6of.pngpLDuQkL.pngf6bNs57.pngnKxoHO5.png

Not gonna lie, playable Lloyd would have been awesome. But, Camuses really do have to Camus.

PCLTo8m.pngouS8M2K.png

Thank goodness he doesn't move. Well, he does if you talk to him with Nino, which I am not certain I'll do. 80 avoid is not going to be fun, and the iron rune means that I can't just go for a Luna crit. Not that it'd have any hit-With WTD, Canas' hit would be in the 40s. Still, he must die so that Hecotr Coptr can sieze!

qYYkjXi.png

Hello, Merlinus. Please accept this contract to become an assassin.

Wait... If he's hired to assassinate the player...THIS IS WHY HE'S SO BAD IN FE6 NOOOO WHAT HAVE I DONE?!

LncawWS.png

Now then...

Pent overrated, Lucius outdated, Erk eviscerated...

Nino powers...

FNThquD.png

ACTIVATED!

Y'know, those stats are pretty acceptable.

i1XQuNE.png

We bring our new Assassin, Merlinus!

yZZzfog.pngSCjMUGK.pngtGpV0VB.png

This map looks horrendous-Status staves, siege tomes, Luna druids... I am going to make good use of the warp staff today! Er, once I get it. It's that village over there, and that brigand wants the warp staff.

a6566mq.pngXt83ohx.pngqGAqlAz.png

Eligood!

*Insert doing that about 20 more times*

G2bzmXg.png

Yes! That was a great first turn-Eliwood made mincemeat of the monks, Harken's on his way to clear the path for Hector and Florina didn't fall asleep!

...And then I realized it was a rout map. That already had 50 enemy units on it.

Welp, best get moving! CHAAA-

nLWRmZ1.pngbxdABI3.pngXHeCl8R.png

I forgot to give Hector a hand axe...

De8s22t.png

And now, for a fail montage, since there were a LOT!

GVNh8Aq.pngBOQLQxx.pngNK42WCi.png

Oh, and Murdock gives us the staff that warps!

pcqpsbO.png

Sadly, it is useless for this map.

u7CjrZi.png

ELIWOOD IS MAAAAAADDDD ABOUT IT! AKA, he was 'Zerked.

78loOLC.png

Wil is a good unit!

JlSCKd3.png

YOOOOOOOOOOO

7Nxt3mL.png

[Insert Axel saying "This is...bad"]

ggogaQF.png

Why?! He got res as well! Surely his growths are bad!

Guh...

r5VUYXy.png

May as well buy stuff while I'm over here.

9GT0Bvt.png

Eligood lasts a very long time! Until...

MGIllES.pngfKnI1kw.pngaR07TPB.png

Yow.

FsSJFZ6.png

Well, if at first you don't succeed,

8oQ2fXk.png

IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED...

6PQMz4K.png

Make Canas and Harken do everything.

agu87z6.png

Florina can move farther if Eligood can take care of this bloke, so he gets to be useful! Yaaaa!

em1e3UD.pngNnmGDA2.pngFXVN1SJ.png

How did I get a flashbang on a miss?!

ckeS856.png

M?! M, YOU'RE ALIVE?! OH, M! M IS ALIIIIIIIIIIIIVVVVVVVEEEE!

1DlUSAO.png

For M! Destroy these louts for once and for all!

0vISQfU.pngqq9CCyY.pngyI55p1n.pngqpPOCGn.pngx5wL7DR.pngPgt9ePG.png

Nice. That danged sleep staff is so annoying...Better than a berserk, but I know there's one around here somewhere.

7Epfu59.png

NINO GOOD

y2ok5AL.pngDSkXqHZ.png

BLAAAAMMM! FOR M! DO IT FOR M!

quDUKee.png

We purge the purge from the land! Jeez, Canas doubles with Luna. Wow.

B65F8Ig.png

Gone, reduced to atoms.

tXROBIq.png

Farina flattens flinching fang.

IqDAV4p.pngaJZLHVY.pngVaK1caL.pngdyjt3n2.pngJSXiHMr.pngv4ANi6m.pngki8BNiY.pnglbapSoD.pngmhMDfcc.png

Nice...This...This is going okay...

A3Us0SE.png

MVP needs to be awake to be the MVP!

yQLS1up.png

See? Nobody else can do this!

fkdMuFl.png

SEE? NOBODY ELSE CAN DO THIS!

gU2D0kk.png

Seems like a great idea!

1Ucxu1p.png

Okay, okay, to justify my decision, this was really late at night and this is turn 3, so I didn't mind another hecking reset too much given that things hadn't gone superb.

u0CgAsf.png

Why does this rando troubadour have Fortify?

2HxbU4s.png

Oh well. R.I.P. Kinda. She's not dead yet.

fyf3Jjb.png

Heeling!

lIabkL1.png35lVflm.png

R.I.P

oidEaWj.png

This mad lad has a status staff, (IIRC this was 'Zerk or sleep.)

BSF4g8R.png

Boom!

CMJcIRT.png

AAAAHHH GOD I HATE LUNA

NqT9fWL.pngZc3Nrf0.png0PdrtAY.pngGA9tVtO.pnglDwLC8k.png7CnyCO7.png

Bruh.

PsCSHDo.pngw5o4tRR.pngnjW9QnX.pngvz7pDyL.png

Ah, we good.

BODb2rX.png

OH GOD NOT ANOTHER

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO THERE'S A BOLT-

71hMDpx.png

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-

j3HXfjU.png

rEst in peace, Nino...Slain by a flashbang... There goes my backup backup healer...

OtBjSLC.png

I hate this map...

raLgqV1.png

SERIOUSLY, WHY ARE YOU LIKE THIS?! Now Florina's good as dead! Thank goodness sleeping doesn't reduce avoid to 0.

b8PTAPJ.png

Canas playing his guitar all alone... At least he's...No, I won't say that he's borderline invincible. He'd die.

D3AQ2E1.pngWP7IPbn.png

I love this guy.

MRcNj9Y.png

I LOVE THIS GUY

8O1Qd52.png

...Thank you...

rftI7PK.png

WOOP! Oogh...Lucky.

ocVpEJ5.png

Woop! Oogh...Very lucky.

pJCW01s.png

I hate Luna very much...

ZfgMjrA.png

DAI

xdeMAnG.png

Well, he'll KO on enemy phase. How would I beat the game without this guy? And how is this map so bad?! Every single hecking turn, about 12 more reinforcements pop up! It's ridiculous!

Dlvo6cg.png

Nice Flashbang, I'm in top form today.

j74h5AC.png

This is really terrible...If Wil misses this, I'm gonna have to sack him, since Eliwood has a good chance to die after a round with the Valkyrie and the shaman.

5nzWGMP.png

I'd complain about how I just can't catch a break here, but the fact that Wil is awake is from good luck.

BUT CAN'T ANYTHING GO RIGHT ON THIS MAP?!

22kRQM7.png

Okay, Florina cannot die. Just...This run would be so hard without her.

B766tXJ.png

xK44LMS.png

Oh my god...

SXrTrnL.png

Ooooooh...Do I dare...?

7XFgl6U.png5nDCOrd.png

No! The true lord of the LP cannot fall here!

afOwYpB.png

Hector, begone!

JSPPBfS.png

Come on! Really?!

XE6kjlo.png

Thank goodness she dodged, at least.

PP6vCh6.pngo6pfGmp.pngeWzCcWw.pngRQG94wI.png

20k value! HaHA!

IsL0KCK.png

GAH! BAD! BAD! WE'VE ATTRACTED PROMOTED ENEMIES

Qt48LS6.png

YOU DASTARD YOU KILLED/FORCED NINO TO RETREAT! YOU'LL PAY! PROBABLY STILL LESS THAN 20K, THOUGH!

qF0aKC9.png

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSCCCCCCCCCCCRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

JAQuvs3.png

NO! NONONONONONOOOOOOOOOO! NOOOOOOOOO!

zoVyDky.png

COME ON! DO IT! SURVIVE!

EGMplZL.png

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-

y6Xwhmq.png

THEY'RE HEALING SHE MADE IT SHE MADE IT SHE

nvpe6Fa.png

HE'S BEEN BERSERKED WE'RE SCREWED WE'RE SCREWED WE'RE SCREWED

Or at least Harken is...

I suppose this is my punishment for going with Karel.

Then again, Harken is ridiculous. I bet he can survive... At least until I get Canas over there...

jfNMhOM.png

The lord is saved!

TqlSvAj.png

That's more like it, Pent.

AKibLrK.png

Mmm...

Well...

Ah, it's 27 hit! When does that ever connect?

YkqdLFx.pngJZlC959.png

See? Going very well.

5mRkrno.png

Wil! He's ORKO'ing! I'm so proud!

3NVQwfZ.pngQyX1cgm.png

Yeah!

CLrXmkT.png

No death for you!

AAuEc66.png

DIE, YOU...YOU...SCUM!!!

ZXEJfyg.png

YEAH! SHOW 'EM!

WWZ8CRx.png

HARKEN WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!

AZ9xKyJ.png22Qtr22.png

Oh god, he's so dead...

tRiDn0w.png

Goodliwood!

JZxl4TI.pnge4sRzca.png

GOODLIWOOD!

vUbzvLd.png

FARIBAD

ftADLTk.png2wha5p6.png9NqnbzF.pngjpGHbQj.png

Enemy phase, etc.

AtLxFNC.png

Luna sucks.

08uEZcb.pngxYtWRE5.pngRZmrGtr.pngyi43mdi.png2qmyGS9.pngCgMkpez.png3Vn14GJ.pngC3SQU8A.png

Holy cow, Harken OHKO's these guys! The spirit of M is guiding him to great heights!

4EXejHh.png

Imagine Canas doing this about 20 more times, and you have the rest of the enemy phase on that side of the map.

Ew4zHRP.pngVFkGEFl.png

GOODLIWOOD, GIT GUD RES

Axf199k.pngo1M6D2E.png

Annoying enemies.png

NLy7BmB.pngdafijXg.pngaRKWVt8.png

Oh, come now!

ulrxoSb.png

NO! NONONONONO! FARINA! GET SPEED! GET SPEED! YOU'LL GET DOUBLED!!!

a3UweXq.png

I PAID 20,000 DOLLARS FOR YOU! 20K! EEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRN IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTT

FxlzF0m.png

KEEEEEEPPPPP DOING THAT

4s9LNrP.png

GOD DAMMIT

585PN8r.pngByYzt63.png

I WANT A REFUND THIS PEGASISTER IS DEFECTIVE

mfTU9pO.pngGfsgrnF.png

ORDERS FROM KING MY DUDE: HE SAYS KILL THEM ALL!

hySD1c6.png

YEAH! THE LORD IS 2 STRONK!

1fxRiCW.png

ELI-KILL THEM!

5agi4Qv.pngP9akFDV.png

LET'S GOOO ELIGOOD!

65Pq6kB.png

There is a method to my madness-Wil needs to be healed up or he'll cause a game over when he dies, but if I physic him, then he can also reach Florina,

kTrUAgy.png

After Ninian does the monster mash.

SaBviBJ.png

DEATH TIME!

dPhWomL.png

REVENGE! DIE!

9dcpUG4.png0L2vvys.png

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH! FOR M AND FARINA!

NqlE8zH.pngLwbXmql.png

Nice, exact damage.

44pDkdz.png

Yeah, Harken's so dead.

44pDkdz.png2AQIwZY.png

I mean, at least he ORKO's...

Zap1LXz.pngPiL8RLK.pngRfouoh7.png

Oh wait, he's using the brave sword?

luAEkd4.pngclOmvy8.png

Oh my god, wow.

SKtuiLA.png

I missed Hakren's attack on this guy, but he died.

5P26aKJ.pngqCga9qJ.png4swUIlp.pngKb8lPcf.pngFiZI24Z.pngcCGvw5m.png

How is it possible that Wil gets doubled, but not Merlinus?! Also, good god, Harken is such a legend.

4zWRjdy.pngcZZzZti.pngqTLQnfQ.pngE82FwF6.pngOC2SktT.png

WOW

4dofog1.pngPEGA7Ds.png

Nice, magic means more warp.

0cIsdJL.png

OOOOOH...

F0bW5qT.png

L-let's not. Let's just not. I survived past turn 5 for once! This is it!

6gqHHdO.pngEy9XZNS.pngW59J1ws.pngtogE9fo.png

10 mov. Falcoknight for the win!

bnOyeBp.png

More kill!

oI0xGb8.png

MORE KILL!

d0tApGW.png

Oh cool, a female druid! Didn't know they had 'em in FE7! I wonder if they'll use the female druid animations from FE6.

qa7AAsy.png

OH COOL, A FEMALE DRUID WITH 27 MAGIC, 27 CRIT AND 125 HIT AND LUNA!!!! GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

tH3Jzki.png

Jesus christ, the spirit of M must be carrying Hakren to new heights!

RKZUx5q.png

What a unit.

u57Rk6S.png8q1aJtP.png

Hah!

AhtK5Lc.png

OH MY GOD WHY

A Luna druid. with 29 magic.

A tome with 95 hit that deals 29 damage with no way to mitigate the damage.

A tome with 95 hit and 20 crit with no defense.

mUPBHvX.pngAY94igL.png

Well, at least he's dead.

Gu7I8rH.png

NO! HARKEN! YOU'RE SOO GOOD! YOU HAVE TO SURVIVE, YOU'RE SINGLEHANDEDLY ROUTING THE VALKYRIES! ISADORA DOESN'T WANT TO SEE YOU YET!

dmUuRRN.png

YES!!! YES!

tt7eP8V.png

NO!!! NO!

TbaXau8.png

YES!!! YES! YES! COME ON, HARKEN! YOU CAN DO IT! YOU CAN DO IT!

LmrNi0D.png

HE MADE IT! HE MADE! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! THE SPIRIT OF M PROTECTED HIM!

3EpmUmO.pngBJDQvcI.png

A in staves? Sounds like Warp time to me.

You know, what if S in staves gave you extra range with a staff? That'd be cool.

8LYdFsa.png

Vulnerary! He's been such a hero that he deserves to live, no matter what. Canas can heal him proper next turn, he just needs to dodge some attacks...

Also, yes, there are still reinforcements appearing. What a great map.

NOJTSnn.png

The lord of the LP awakens!

0QRPk5h.png

Wow, 23 crit! Imagine if snipers got a crit bonus.

5kbArPW.png3PSNxP8.png5ICWoBm.png

Nice.

ddMUQsm.png

Florina needs to get back into the action! I'm keeping Hector back there to recruit Vaida. And to not get killed, of course.

jYxB9Yg.png

If Eliwood dies here, Imma be really mad.

DJXrJxE.pngM0rNTpX.pngqxgsdXl.png

Thank god.

D2WDrMA.png

Canas does this. A LOT of this.

ZmI3Kl2.png

GWAH!

kg5mfYC.png

We're good.

ymH1BhM.png

OH COME ON NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! NO! NONONONONOOOOOOOO!

hsCT8Uz.png

Oh god... This cannot be! He routed half the map!

ze6YFqn.png

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I'm...No... I mean, I didn't really wanna use you because of how good you are, but man...You...You didn't deserve this fate...

yj3E3Bz.png

Omae wa, mou shindeiru

TMhxBUs.png

No, man! If you leave your body here, how can Isadora-

obITO0D.png

Well. Maybe they'll run out of tome uses while Canas is silenced? I don't even know how to be mad anymore...I mean, just the fact he made it so far...Wow...

This map sucks.

OH GOD, A HERO IS COMING FOR CANAS ABORT ABORT

Iw1tYi9.png

Y5dF03u.png

Wil 2 stronk!

5kjIguE.png0n7XKrS.pngbM2nkQn.pngmC3y9Lp.png

SPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED! Wil knows that with Harken gone, he must be a champ!

mwsqSWD.pngLupSbPH.pngwulvsdg.png

How blessed is this Eliwood?!

pZ67dAE.png

Because I definitely don't want to reset and get my good units back! AHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...

0vGqezj.pnglpMej3G.png

I really don't want Wil to die.

Too many tragedies have already unfolded on this day...

FiRItB9.pngafHBuqx.pngCXE8GHt.pngV6yZyro.png

Nice.

ptBCssH.png

OH MY GOOD LORD WHO DECIDED THAT THIS MAP WAS A GOOD IDEA.

ac3fuyF.png

Reinforcements!

U4ndp9Y.pngJiwtC7S.pngY5UxgD6.png

I know, right? Kids these days, dying to mere 12,000 valkyries being shoved down their throats with status staves and 29 magic Luna druids.

viUFTeO.png

Nice! She looks quite solid! Regardless, 22 defense is awesome. Hector can't reach her, though...

SPayw6l.png

This Shaman does not have 22 defense.

nWu8U6u.png

YEAAH!

gJm4k2d.png2LrSydD.png

There we go. Now, to save the endgame monocle.

tqsG2Zf.png

I sat here and thought for about ten minutes.

mePhD8W.png

This man...He needs to survive. He is a good man, and a great warrior. He has seen countless others fall... But no! He will not join his comrades! Florina, lend me your strength!

RDGodiY.pngI7QNWsG.png

YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-

I missed all the crit frames, great.

BUT HE DIED! YAY!

skr8SUu.pngiBb77Nc.pngNmqEpsI.png

VAIDA! HOW-

HOW COULD YOU-

pw02rUu.png

HOW COULD YOU JUST-

YOU WILL DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEE!

Wait, no, Hector would probably lose this fight. I don't want to reset for stupidity.

LANvyDi.png

Gah! Oookkayyy... It's fine...This is...Fine...

IhXfQYI.png

Thank good-

RYeGYIv.png

Oh my - YES!

ik4oXeK.png

OH MY-NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

70xOJHq.png

NO!

yF1jG9W.png

NO!

uI7TTdw.png

I REALLY WANNA SAY SOMETHING VIOLENT

Op25PiH.png

Yay. Canas is alive. Well...Maybe Eliwood will attack Ninian, even though he'll have, like, 0 hit?

73atfzI.png

This picture was in the album for some reason, and she makes me happy, so she has earned a spot in the update.

Chnglnb.png

Turn eleven, and there are still 28 enemies and counting. Ugh...

Xw6Uw5T.png

I'm too depressed to make fun of Vaida's recruitment convo right now, so I'll just say that she stll basically makes no sense to me.

n9yfnUi.png

I DID NOT ORDER MORE WYVERNS, THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

And dang, Vaida is impressing as a unit.

UIaozFm.png

POW!

77Ze7PC.png

GOODLIWOOD, NO!

3GflJDx.pngl5cX647.png

I...I think we got a one-way ticket to reset land.

dBGNwQ5.png

Vaida does much of this.

RkkZ7OA.png

GOD, PLEASE NO! DON'T MAKE ME DO THIS WHOLE DANGED MAP OVER AGAIN!

aBc0nCT.png

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

jMoPkQ2.png

I...

How can you possibly make a map this bad?

Well...

I...

I'll be back! Lemme just grab some grape juice, since I'm not legally allowed to drink wine.

LZZ9C4m.pngBadon...

5RPLYTm.png...

LZZ9C4m.pngThe last time we were here, we thought that this would all be over, and we'd all return home to be with our families....

5RPLYTm.pngLife certainly throws many curveballs, eh? It's simply terrible what we've gone through...Yet here we are.

LZZ9C4m.pngYes, but...Lawrence, why am I still alive?

5RPLYTm.pngPlease do elaborate. I'd hate to have to throw you into the water if because you're gonna be all regretful about things from the past. I won't let you repeat the same mistakes I did.

LZZ9C4m.pngWhat mistakes?

5RPLYTm.pngSiiiiiighhhh...Well, to put a long story short, t'was no battle against an army that cost me my eye.

LZZ9C4m.pngYou mean...

5RPLYTm.pngI suppose that warrants an explanation. As you well know, I was once a powerful and important general of Ilia. Obviously, I started as nothing but a mere pikeman in a small mercenary band who was to protect a town in the south of Ilia. Our jobs were neither glamorous nor epic, but the village remained safe under our guidance. Over time, I became close with some of the villagers and ended up marrying one. Eventually my skills grew, as did my prestige, so we uprooted and moved to a fortress town on the Etrurian-Ilian border. When a plague swept through...Neither my newborn son nor wife survived.

LZZ9C4m.pngWh-what?! That's horrible...

5RPLYTm.pngIt was a very dark time in my life, yes. Still, I continued to move forward, as all Ilians must, for the sake of my brother's family. I joined a much larger and more  significant mercenary group based in Eddessa, the capital. I gradually grew in importance, becoming a captain, one of two for my platoon. The other captain...She filled the hole in my heart that my first wife had left. She was fiesty and strong... She relit the torch in my soul. She brought me back to life. We grew far too close to be able to function as mercenaries together, so we retired, tied the knot and used our possesions to move to the south of Ilia. We were happy...We had everything. I thought I had passed the darkest hour and had seen the dawn, but life still had some cruel tricks left. Bandits attacked our village. None of the villagers could defend themselves, so my wife and I took up arms to try to repel the bandits... I was overwhelmed and fell unconcious. When I awoke... She...I...I was alone again...My wife died trying to protect me...

LZZ9C4m.png...

5RPLYTm.pngAnd yet... For a third time, I grew close with those who ended up near me, and a third time I was wedded. I'd sworn never to marry again, but the woman who nursed me back to health... I couldn't imagine living a fulfulling life without her there. But not long after that, I did. I became a general, and was tasked to defend the city where my wife and I lived. War came to our gates and took my loved ones from me again...I was forced to abandon the town to protect the rest of Ilia from invasion. At that point, I didn't see a reason to continue living. However, I realized that I wasn't truly alone-I still had my brother, and I still had his family. Not before I took my own eye in an attempt to end my life, but I lived on to see another day. Jerrot may only be my nephew, but he's one of the last of my family I have left.

LZZ9C4m.pngLawrence...I....I'm sorry you had to go through that.

5RPLYTm.pngBwahaha! I appreciate the sentiment, but this old coot's still well and kickin'! Even though my life sounds like a long strand of disasters, I eventually realized that there is always another reason to keep going. Well, and that when I kick the bucket, I'm gonna have some hard decisions ahead, 'cause I don't think my wives would be feelin' the polygamst vibes.

LZZ9C4m.pngI feel pathetic now. My own struggles are nothing to yours, and yet it still burdens me enough to endager everyone around me?

5RPLYTm.pngEveryone has their own backpack, Glass. You will get your chance at redemption that I never got. Just remember why you fight, and you cannot lose. We will redeem ourselves! And we will scream a hearty "FUC-

Vw9ibI9.pngLAAAAAANNNNNGUUUUUUUAAAAAGGGGGEEE! Imma stop you right the-

5RPLYTm.png...

Vw9ibI9.pngYes, of course, General Lawrence. I will return to my training stat.

LZZ9C4m.pngYes...Yes, you're right. We must end this. We must end this for us and for the future!

~~~

IIIIIIIiIIIII'MMMM BACK!

iRj18kg.pngoA54Ypl.pngaRck4EC.png

IIIIIIIIIIIII'M OUT!

Okay, not just yet...

oiI8mlk.pngEAXKOug.pngwmKAhsb.pngOurWgSJ.pngl800mfq.pngTGRcYJL.pngDtkwvR0.pngKd74qcd.png

This attempt right here was easily the worst. All of that was in four turns.

xOykigi.pngeoPmf7G.pngzXReAgb.png

The next attempt was actually very, very close. Until I got the worst turn in FE history, in which Canas, Florina and Wil all died, Florina to a 1% Luna crit. I would show it, but given how long the update already is, and the fact that it was basically exactly the same as the previous attempt except for no Eligood being Berserked.

B5q6k2e.png

Nothing to see here, just another reset.

If you noticed this, congrats, you're a legend.

I shall spare you all of the monk spam from early on and skip to the interesting part, where we are in this situation. Nobody's died yet! See, I remembered that there are reinforcement zones, so I turtled like mad and triggered as few as possible while still getting the warp staff. I am currently waddling my way through the map.

Bz6FA9j.png

Nino:"Look, Mr. Canas, I can heal!"

ygGlj1h.png

Pent: "That's cute."

MXl64Bm.png

Whatever shall be done?!

YSCEK2y.png

Oh right, Panto.

kQftb4v.pngZDhehn6.png

Fool! How can you hope to defeat the almight Florina?

TeoZEJl.png

CHEATER!!!!

mIql5t4.png

He ded.

qvRN5At.png

This absolute charmer killed Canas earlier.

xGv1W4r.png

Let's prepare for triggering the next set of reinforcements...

FpKVh9Z.pngBJJWH2z.png

Perdictable.

kNfktQK.png

Unpopular opinion: Wil is just better Fae in terms of soaking up status staves.

v7ZZkZA.png4C1qKoW.pngJT461Ms.png

Sure, okay. That works.

F8Ci6w5.pnguCw9IcW.png

St. Elimine, wow.

I3SjStW.png

You know it's bad when they have a hit rate on Ninian, who has capped 90 avoid.

5chfFye.png

Wil is still just better Fae.

gm7Zr6d.png

Mmm...Nah.

E40NX5G.pngOrHRlGz.png

Bah. No good.

gqZID3d.pngUaFUZrY.pngbYrbzzA.pngbnFf9u0.png

Perfect!

mWKZgEq.png

Okay, I guess that works.

tMMrmHl.png35Af2ae.png

I sorta wish they'd done something more interesting with Eclipse in most games...'Cause halving HP is pointless, and with it's 30 hit in FE6, the reduction to 1 doesn't matter...Even if I managed to land a few hits with it.

Nkl8Ao8.pngt2ygUjK.png

Join we!

wGg5vwD.png

This x lots

LyZC64o.png

So ein mist!

f2tzeGl.png

May as well take this gal out.

rK5gfeZ.png

Ok.

TOdEcAi.png

Annnnnd Canas should be okay...

319Z9zw.png

Wi7lKq2.png

Wait, isn't one of those druids a Luna druid?

J9F4hTN.png

Oh, phew. It was just a shaman.

hb17Zuy.pngO45myjc.png

Magic damaging Canas?! Unheard of!

hzMRMjB.png

NO WAIT NO! NOONONONONONNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

FcMToM8.png

HOW?! WHY?! WHO?! WHAT?!

0WSsZvX.png

OH MY GOD

SRRyRjm.png

ZIP IT, M! UNLESS YOU'RE GONNA HELP US, STOP SHOWING UP!

k8yh9Ht.png

...I have no words left to explain my hatred of this map.

sEKnx2o.png

I have even fewer.

YUZ1395.png

Welp. If Eliwood can get away, and I guess the rest of my army gets sacked, more or less...

pKP6DMw.pngjQveym8.png

That res is good, I'll take it!

79GXSWx.png

Farina, please don't die.

NL6SUqd.png

Actually, maybe we can handle these guys. But the one thing stopping us is...

Ix0dV7A.png

This.

I...

I...

If Florina gets hit by this, she has a very good chance to die. There is only a 44% chance for her to avoid a counter altogether...

I...

I can't do it.

pQlsugj.pngWr2TkrM.pnggOLJ64s.png

taarQtS.png

Yikes.

OQY38Sp.png

Hecotr goode

UQs6bzf.pngkYPx5mB.png

Whew....

Se23kO6.png

That crit rate...It's so scary... Not to mention 27 damage...Yow!

Eo9f8eT.png

Wait, why is she facing 1% crit now?

cOoA43O.png

OH GOD WHERE DID YOU COME FROM?!

htVD9zj.png

GWAGH

No, no it's good we've got Florina. We can...We can pull through...

VprT9CI.png

Really.

mZf1Fdp.png

AAAAAAnnnnnnd... My only hope is to take out both Luna druids. One lucky dodge is enough...

PiG8gp3.png

No!

Ea9wrKl.png

Okay...

gyMHAqa.png

D2Nkmze.png

Eliwood...You know what, you can do it! You may be maligned as a unit and as a character, but tonight! Tonight, you shall show the world that you are not low-D tier! Everything is banking on this one attack... If he hits it... Well, we most likely survive and win.

Can Eliwood do it?

Edited by Benice

Spoiler

Sail? Why would you bring Darros into this?

Darros has always been in this, you just haven't noticed.

Except for some reason I refuse to use Hawkeye. I don't know why, I don't even dislike him as a character

I don't like him because of his lower speed compared to some characters. I know it's fine because Blazing blade, but still.

Hello there, Camus! How was your trip to Valentia?

Wrong one, this guy doesn't have a horse.

If the Black Fang weren't all morphs, this would be a lot more touching...

They are not all morphs. The majority of the ones you are fighting here are the real black fang, the human ones.

How come nobody looks like a morph?

Because it's not just morphs that don't have luck. Every generic in Blazing blade has 0 luck, regardless of who they are.

Still, he must die so that Hecotr Coptr can sieze!

It's a rout map....

Not at all. Pent's growths are, compared to erk's:

-15% hp, -10% mag, -20% skl, -10% spd, +10% lck, +10% def, and -5% res.

That's not that big of a difference when you look at Pent's bases.

7CnyCO7.png

Bruh.

Florina Bad?

ocVpEJ5.png

Woop! Oogh...Very lucky.

single RN status staves for the win!

I suppose this is my punishment for going with Karel.

Karel has higher Res then Harken. so yes!

585PN8r.pngByYzt63.png

She died on this map for me too. Just in a less stupid way.

I mean, at least he ORKO's...

That's bad. It lets more enemies attack him, decreasing odds of survival.

How is it possible that Wil gets doubled, but not Merlinus?! Also, good god, Harken is such a legend.

Merlinus has much more speed.

More proof that FE7 had no thought put into it.

wulvsdg.png

Let's see, with a 20/6 eliwood, your is...
-1 hp, average str, average skill, +4 speed, -2 luck, -1 defense, and average res. So pretty much average except for speed.

Because I definitely don't want to reset and get my good units back! AHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...

This is an ironman run: Anyone who dies stays dead, and if I have to reset after their death, then they will be permanently benched. 

In the words of yourself: I present your rule number 3.

This man...He needs to survive. He is a good man, and a great warrior. He has seen countless others fall... But no! He will not join his comrades! Florina, lend me your strength!

1lArnYo.png

This is an ironman run: Anyone who dies stays dead, and if I have to reset after their death, then they will be permanently benched. 

You know it's bad when they have a hit rate on Ninian, who has capped 90 avoid.

Not as impressive as playing RR FE6 and having enemies still be a threat to a swordmaster with Capped everything.

30 hit in FE6,

10 base hit actually.

Can Eliwood do it?

My answer:

01101000 01110100 01110100 01110000 01110011 00111010 00101111 00101111 01110100 01101001 01101110 01111001 01110101 01110010 01101100 00101110 01100011 01101111 01101101 00101111 01110001 01110100 01100100 00110010 01110010 01100101 01100110

Spoiler
5 hours ago, Benice said:

yZZzfog.pngSCjMUGK.pngtGpV0VB.png

This map looks horrendous-Status staves, siege tomes, Luna druids... I am going to make good use of the warp staff today! Er, once I get it. It's that village over there, and that brigand wants the warp staff.

Not sure how you are goin to make good use of the warp staff on this map, but it is nice to have for getting the last gaiden.

Also that move setoff one of the reinforcement zones....

6 hours ago, Benice said:

...Oof. Yeah Hector is in desperate need of the promotion he gets next chapter...

u7CjrZi.png

Double ouch, as he not only berserked his way into a Valkyrie assisted suicide, but also activate another reinforcement zone in that charge.

fKnI1kw.pngaR07TPB.png

Yow.

FsSJFZ6.png

Well, if at first you don't succeed,

Yeah I saw that death coming...

8oQ2fXk.png

IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED...

Ouch

yQLS1up.png

That is a nice perk of having a bow user, as a Valkyrie counter is no joke.

fkdMuFl.png

j3HXfjU.png

rEst in peace, Nino...Slain by a flashbang... There goes my backup backup healer...

OtBjSLC.png

I hate this map...

No, not Nino... oh this is so tragic.

b8PTAPJ.png

Canas playing his guitar all alone... At least he's...No, I won't say that he's borderline invincible. He'd die.

D3AQ2E1.pngWP7IPbn.png

I love this guy.

MRcNj9Y.png

I LOVE THIS GUY

Now that is impressive. Canas being able to trivialize Valkrie is amazing... with him helping out I think you standa a chance on this monster map.

xdeMAnG.png

Well, he'll KO on enemy phase. How would I beat the game without this guy? And how is this map so bad?! Every single hecking turn, about 12 more reinforcements pop up! It's ridiculous!

You must have activated the third reinforcement zone as well if that many are coming in every turn...

nvpe6Fa.png

HE'S BEEN BERSERKED WE'RE SCREWED WE'RE SCREWED WE'RE SCREWED

This is going to be a massacre

WWZ8CRx.png

That is better than him massacring your troops, and who knows, he might be good enough to live through the berserk timer.

585PN8r.pngByYzt63.png

oof... those Valkyrie are so brutal...

Also, good god, Harken is such a legend.

This sorta thing is the reason Harken is called such a good unit...

AhtK5Lc.png

OH MY GOD WHY

Those Luna druids are so brutally vicious

TbaXau8.png

YES!!! YES! YES! COME ON, HARKEN! YOU CAN DO IT! YOU CAN DO IT!

LmrNi0D.png

HE MADE IT! HE MADE! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! THE SPIRIT OF M PROTECTED HIM!

HOLY COW, he was so close to dying, but he is still going. You should probably just have him pull back and let Canas choke thr point to deal with the Valky-

hsCT8Uz.png

Oh god... This cannot be! He routed half the map!

ze6YFqn.png

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I'm...No... I mean, I didn't really wanna use you because of how good you are, but man...You...You didn't deserve this fate...

...RIP Harken.

ac3fuyF.png

Reinforcements!

There is the final, and non-optional reinforcement zone triggering Vaida's arrival

tqsG2Zf.png

I sat here and thought for about ten minutes.

mePhD8W.png

No kidding, Canas is proving his worth in spades this map...

ik4oXeK.png

70xOJHq.png

NO!

Valkyrie are so brutal...

uI7TTdw.png

I REALLY WANNA SAY SOMETHING VIOLENT

RIP run, there is no way Eliwood is going to survive being berserked

dBGNwQ5.png

Vaida does much of this.

I pity that spear, as she is going to break that awesome weapon before these sad excuses of Wyverns are done with.

aBc0nCT.png

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

jMoPkQ2.png

Yeah I kinda saw that one coming

If you noticed this, congrats, you're a legend.

I shall spare you all of the monk spam from early on and skip to the interesting part, where we are in this situation. Nobody's died yet! See, I remembered that there are reinforcement zones, so I turtled like mad and triggered as few as possible while still getting the warp staff. I am currently waddling my way through the map.

It kinda is the only way to deal with this map...

TOdEcAi.png

Annnnnd Canas should be okay...

319Z9zw.png

Canas is MVP of this map...

hzMRMjB.png

FcMToM8.png

HOW?! WHY?! WHO?! WHAT?!

...Is this another lost run?

This.

I...

I...

If Florina gets hit by this, she has a very good chance to die. There is only a 44% chance for her to avoid a counter altogether...

I...

I can't do it.

pQlsugj.pngWr2TkrM.png

...Yikes. Is she going to survive enemy phase?

Se23kO6.png

That crit rate...It's so scary... Not to mention 27 damage...Yow!

Eo9f8eT.png

Wait, why is she facing 1% crit now?

cOoA43O.png

OH GOD WHERE DID YOU COME FROM?!

htVD9zj.png

GWAGH

...I guess Farina is an easier loss than Florina would be, but that is still another brutal loss. RIP the triangle attack as well.

AAAAAAnnnnnnd... My only hope is to take out both Luna druids. One lucky dodge is enough...

PiG8gp3.png

No!

Ea9wrKl.png

Okay...

gyMHAqa.png

D2Nkmze.png

Eliwood...You know what, you can do it! You may be maligned as a unit and as a character, but tonight! Tonight, you shall show the world that you are not low-D tier! Everything is banking on this one attack... If he hits it... Well, we most likely survive and win.

WOW is that a cliff hanger... 46.9% chance of survival factoring in true hit...

This is going to be a hard run to continue after lossing Canas and Farina, but you just might make it...

On 9/1/2020 at 7:25 PM, Eltosian Kadath said:

Indeed, just a friendly reminder that everyone needs.

Hide contents

Fangs, fangs everywhere.

Kinky.

j3HXfjU.png

OtBjSLC.png

W o r s t  L P

585PN8r.pngByYzt63.png

Looks like Florina inherited all the good genes in this LP.

At least Farina can be with Dart now

Can Eliwood do it?

Spoiler
On 10/4/2020 at 6:36 AM, Benice said:

I have heard much about this map. I am very afraid.

I know you can do it!

Fangs, fangs everywhere.

looks at pfp

Nino powers...

FNThquD.png

ACTIVATED!

Y'know, those stats are pretty acceptable.

Not half bad. She is an Est, after all.

I am going to make good use of the warp staff today!

"Or I could use the warp staff!"

Eligood!

*Insert doing that about 20 more times*

Tbh, if Eliwood promoted just a few chapters earlier in his mode, he'd be at least a tier higher, I'd say.

Wow, I hate the Berserk staff. I really hate the Berserk staff.

OtBjSLC.png

I hate this map...

raLgqV1.png

SERIOUSLY, WHY ARE YOU LIKE THIS?! Now Florina's good as dead! Thank goodness sleeping doesn't reduce avoid to 0.

Big oofs everywhere.

D3AQ2E1.pngWP7IPbn.png

I love this guy.

MRcNj9Y.png

I LOVE THIS GUY

8O1Qd52.png

...Thank you...

That's a good Canas. I wish mine had been nearly as good.

Dlvo6cg.png

Nice Flashbang, I'm in top form today.

F

585PN8r.pngByYzt63.png

F

ORDERS FROM KING MY DUDE: HE SAYS KILL THEM ALL!

Dimitri intensifies

luAEkd4.pngclOmvy8.png

Oh my god, wow.

Wow, indeed. Harken good. Harken very good.

Vulnerary! He's been such a hero that he deserves to live, no matter what. Canas can heal him proper next turn, he just needs to dodge some attacks...

Indeed, Vulnerary-kun is a close ally in times of distress. Very useful.

mWKZgEq.png

Okay, I guess that works.

Nino's levels are ni-no good.

yj3E3Bz.png

Omae wa, mou shindeiru

Nani?

I really don't want Wil to die.

Too many tragedies have already unfolded on this day...

Ffor all the lost lives.

RDGodiY.pngI7QNWsG.png

YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-

I missed all the crit frames, great.

BUT HE DIED! YAY!

Noice.

ik4oXeK.png

70xOJHq.png

NO!

This Wil be the end for him.

73atfzI.png

This picture was in the album for some reason, and she makes me happy, so she has earned a spot in the update

❤️

jMoPkQ2.png

I...

Well...

I...

I'll be back! Lemme just grab some grape juice, since I'm not legally allowed to drink wine.

drinks on your behalf

This attempt right here was easily the worst. All of that was in four turns.

xOykigi.pngeoPmf7G.pngzXReAgb.png

The next attempt was actually very, very close. Until I got the worst turn in FE history, in which Canas, Florina and Wil all died, Florina to a 1% Luna crit. I would show it, but given how long the update already is, and the fact that it was basically exactly the same as the previous attempt except for no Eligood being Berserked.

Oh, the humanity!

FcMToM8.png

HOW?! WHY?! WHO?! WHAT?!

RIP

Can Eliwood do it?

Hoo boy, I hope so for your sake. Good luck! 👍

Hello.

I am late.

Spoiler
 On 10/4/2020 at 12:36 PM, Benice said:

Webber best waifu.

Stx9k60n oStx9k60n oStx9k60n oStx9k60n oStx9k60n oStx9k60n oStx9k60n oStx9k60n oStx9k60n oStx9k60n oStx9k60n o

ZL9QiaM.png

THROW IT ON HIM, NOT ME! Ugh, let's try something else.

Now watch, and learn, here's the deal...

FNThquD.png

ACTIVATED!

9   D E F

She dead.

i1XQuNE.png

We bring our new Assassin, Merlinus!

19fkyfck o

Even with it, he would've died, though.

ggogaQF.png

Well, uh... Kinda, but they're really not that bad. They'd be rather good by TearRing Saga standards, which is unacceptable on a prepromote of this guy's caliber.

ckeS856.png

M?! M, YOU'RE ALIVE?! OH, M! M IS ALIIIIIIIIIIIIVVVVVVVEEEE!

What a twist!

7Epfu59.png

NINO GOOD

She does the same damage as Canas with a basic flux tome.

yQLS1up.png

fkdMuFl.png

It's like if Sherlock had Deadeye!

j3HXfjU.png

Every day this looks more and more like my FE6 Ironman...

8O1Qd52.png

...Thank you...

He got really good when I wasn't looking, hoowee! 21 magic!

xK44LMS.png

Oh my god...

Yes! Hector best FE7 lord!

EGMplZL.png

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-

For a moment I thought this was Florina close call #2. But I can't say I'd be that heartbroken if Farina died.

Your poor wallet, though...

WWZ8CRx.png

He's headed to his beloved's side.

a3UweXq.png

I PAID 20,000 DOLLARS FOR YOU! 20K! EEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRN IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTT

Hwahahahahaha... What the hell even happened here?

585PN8r.pngByYzt63.png

I like how she reminds you of all the money you wasted on her before she dies.

P9akFDV.png

LET'S GOOO ELIGOOD!

He's so Eligood he survives being a father!

clOmvy8.png

Oh my god, wow.

Prepromotes, ladies and gentlemen.

togE9fo.png

10 mov. Falcoknight for the win!

Jesus Christ, she just never stops.

Except defense. Defense is a foreign concept to her.

AhtK5Lc.png

OH MY GOD WHY

I'll be honest: I think dark magic is more powerful in FE6, simply because nosferatu weighs 6. Raigh faces no AS loss when promoted. And it's buyable in chapter 14. How much more awesome can you get? Invincibility > Big damage against other magic users.

You know, what if S in staves gave you extra range with a staff? That'd be cool.

Honestly, that'd be preferable to S tomes. S tomes is, like, 5 hit and the ability to use a super spell for 4 turns. In dark magic's case the super spell isn't even good, because it's not Luna!

ze6YFqn.png

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

He's with Isadora and his liege now. Rest well...

wulvsdg.png

Not as much as you'd think, actually. He's actually behind his averages in defense, HP and luck, and only one point ahead in strength. Speed is his only real blessing, 5 points ahead of the average.

ptBCssH.png

The same people who decided it was a good idea to make a prequel to FE6 starring two characters who existed for one scene each.

Incidentally, friendly reminder that Eliwood had S lances and A swords in the trial maps.

ac3fuyF.png

Reinforcements!

Hector is 6 tiles away.

Why, Benice.

pw02rUu.png

HOW COULD YOU JUST-

YOU WILL DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEE!

It's fuckin' Merlinus, and with Harken dead, you need her. What do you mean, "you will diiiiiiiieeee"?

ik4oXeK.png

70xOJHq.png

NO!

OKAY, GO HOME EVERYBODY, RUN'S RUINED

73atfzI.png

This picture was in the album for some reason, and she makes me happy, so she has earned a spot in the update.

Eyyyy, it's Sophie! A shame Esteban's gained a different companion in my LP.

n9yfnUi.png

I DID NOT ORDER MORE WYVERNS, THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

No-- What!? Pick Hector up and run! Do you really want to reset this far into the map!?

jMoPkQ2.png

Hoooooooooooooooooly shit, this update...

5RPLYTm.pngBwahaha! I appreciate the sentiment, but this old coot's still well and kickin'! Even though my life sounds like a long strand of disasters, I eventually realized that there is always another reason to keep going. Well, and that when I kick the bucket, I'm gonna have some hard decisions ahead, 'cause I don't think my wives would be feelin' the polygamst vibes.

Wow, this guy's life... Did you draw inspiration from Lazlow?

FcMToM8.png

HOW?! WHY?! WHO?! WHAT?!

Please tell me that's not the winning run.

htVD9zj.png

GWAGH

Once again. 20K.

D2Nkmze.png

Can Eliwood do it?

I mean... I hate that I'm rooting against him, but Canas is dead. This is the worst timeline. Perhaps it would be for the best...

On 10/4/2020 at 11:36 AM, Benice said:

Can Eliwood do it?

Oh I'm sure Eliwood will mana- 

latest?cb=20090813124659 

"Mark! Eliwood's dead! the future will be changed! you've created a time paradox! You must understand the future!"

Edited by Samz707

• 1 month later...

Spoiler
On 10/4/2020 at 9:36 PM, Benice said:

Wait... If he's hired to assassinate the player...THIS IS WHY HE'S SO BAD IN FE6 NOOOO WHAT HAVE I DONE?!

Explained everything.

ptBCssH.png

When you realize, this map is the very trap that gave Merlinus his PTSD.

mePhD8W.png

Plus, you're already short on magic users. Like really short.

jMoPkQ2.png

I...

Sure isn't iron-man friendly. Luna druids with 29 magic. Dammit, who thought that was fine?

kNfktQK.png

Unpopular opinion: Wil is just better Fae in terms of soaking up status staves.

Hell, if he gets bezerked, you can even surround him so he can't attack your units until it wears off. Not that it's efficient. But the option's there.

On 10/8/2020 at 1:01 AM, Saint Rubenio said:

Hello.

I am late.

You think the late is your ally, but you merely adopted the late. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see this post until a month on, and by then everyone else had already commented.

Edited by The Roger The Paladin

5 hours ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Hell, if he gets bezerked, you can even surround him so he can't attack your units until it wears off. Not that it's efficient. But the option's there.

nope, berserked unts can walk through yours.