Eliwood and Hector's Less-than excellent adventure: Let's Ironman Hector Hard mode mostly blind! *Now completed, with a 6% survival rate!*

Benice

1879508442_FireEmblem(U)!-0.png.90abaf7f1667cceb71654870eeba8d83.png

Ladies and gentlemen...

35582839_FireEmblem(U)!-1.png.51e2d838e452e5807aae51a49f29fb65.png

Have you ever seen an E rank in an HHM run?

588653964_FireEmblem(U)!-2.png.9fa920b99750dd8abe6e68bd2e02f14c.png

Have you ever seen someone get Athos killed on turn 1?

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-3.png?dl=0

Have you ever been told that you're not a good servant by Serra?

Fire 

No? Good for you.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-5.png?dl=0

Unfortunately for Hector,

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-6.png?dl=0

He is about to see all of those things, and much more.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-7.png?dl=0

Can someone as bad as me finish the infamous HHM?

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-8.png?dl=0

Will good triumph over evil?

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-9.png?dl=0

Will Nils and Ninian meet a terrible fate at the hands of Nergal?

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-10.png?dl=

Will I run out of things to say before the end of the opening sequence?

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-11.png?dl=

The answer to all of those questions

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-12.png?dl=

Is

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-13.png?dl=

Perhaps?

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-14.png?dl=

Enjoy my suffering, children.

And join me as I play...

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-0%20(2).pn

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-16.png?dl=

FIRE EMBLEM: THE BLAZING BLADE!

WHILE MOSTLY BLIND!!

Welcome one, welcome all! I'll try to suffer through this game with few casualties! (Spoiler alert: There is going to be far more than a few casualties.)

So, let's get down to it!

I've played this game once before, a few years ago on Lyn/Eliwood Normal mode. I have forgotten most of that by this point, but maybe I'll remember where the body ring and ocean seal are during the desert map?

THE RULES:

It's gonna be straightforward enough:

1. I'm playing Lyn Hard Mode first.

2. I will then go on to Hector Hard mode, playing the game until the end.

3. I have to deploy all three lords every time.

3. This is an ironman run: Anyone who dies stays dead, and if I have to reset after their death, then they will be permanently benched. 

4. I will play all of the gaiden chapters and try to get the true ending.

5. I will be doing MINOR event editing, but nothing that will actually affect much**. (Setting Nils to level 7 with the same bases so I don't have to spend 70 turns grinding exp for him, giving Canas a good ending because he's a true god, etc.)

6. No Save-state abuse, or any save-states at all.* (Exception to that later on)

7.I will try to upload every three or four days, but it might vary from week to week.

8. I will not be showing all of the turns in Lyn mode since there isn't much happening during it.

9.Got a unit you want me to use? Let me know! I might use them if they're not a prempromote!

10. This is a largely blind run, using only the knowledge I have from my run a few years ago.

11. This is NOT a ranked run, so don't expect any kind of skill coming from me at all.

12. Units who bow out because they were defeated in Lyn mode CANNOT return in Hector mode.

13. I'M ALLOWED BEING LUCKY TWICE PER UPDATE WHILE STILL BEING HIGHLY GOOD

EXCEPTIONS TO THESE RULES:

Exception to rule 3: Lords cannot be permanently benched and will always be deployed, no matter how stat-screwed they are.

Exception to rule 5: Uh...Well... I hate Battle Before Dawn VERY VERY MUCH, so I conveniently had Zephiel, Jaffar and Nino out for a walk when the chapter starts. (I.E. I put them near where the players load so this chapter doesn't cause me hell. I know, I'm a chicken, but I hate this chapter SOOOOOOOOO much!)

Exception to rule 6: Kishuna is really hard to kill, so I will be permitting Save-state abuse specifically for killing him.

Hector Hard mode-chapters 11 onwards.

I'm going to try to these updates Rubenio-style, with responses in one spoiler and updates in the other. I lack skills in everything but telling puns, so expect a lot of them!

My tactitian will be speaking through regular text, I shall be speaking with Bolded Itallics!

The first update will happen soon!

Edited by Benice

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh boy good luck, FE7 HHM can be a tricky game mode to ironman. Three quick questions before you start, first are you going to make it much harder on yourself by skipping Lyn mode? Second how are you going to deal with game overs? Are units that die before the required reset benched after completing the chapter? Does it end the run? No penalty at all, with scouts honor you wont intentionally game over? Third, how blind are you talking, is this your first time playing FE7, or simply first yime playing HHM?

On 3/28/2020 at 11:20 AM, Eltosian Kadath said:

Oh boy good luck, FE7 HHM can be a tricky game mode to ironman. Three quick questions before you start, first are you going to make it much harder on yourself by skipping Lyn mode? Second how are you going to deal with game overs? Are units that die before the required reset benched after completing the chapter? Does it end the run? No penalty at all, with scouts honor you wont intentionally game over? Third, how blind are you talking, is this your first time playing FE7, or simply first time playing HHM?

This will be my second, (well, kind of third or fourth, I got to Battle before dawn multiple times on different runs, but then my Wii U broke, so...) run through, my first in Hector. I will be playing Lyn hard mode, and I will not intentionally game over. The units who die before the reset will indeed be benched unless they are mandatory deployment. I.E, if Matthew and Serra die in ch. 22 and then Lyn dies, Matthew and Serra cannot ever be deployed again. The run does not end on the game over, because it would end at 13x at the latest.

And yeah, I'm gonna need that luck.

I am truly terrified, because every time I played this game, only a few units didn't end up screwed stat-wise.

On 3/28/2020 at 11:45 AM, This boi uses Nino said:

Use Rebecca, Fiora and Heath, see how that goes out.

I'm definitely gonna use Rebecca and Fiora, especially the latter. Heath....We'll see. If he gets hard mode bonuses, probably. Rebecca is unlikely to live to give birth to Wolt, however, since she does have a slow start. I have a feeling that 13x is gonna kill a whole bunch of people!

I'm planning to use Nino, Serra, Farina and Karla, and by extension Bartre even though I don't like the fighter class line that much. (They have cool sprites, though!)

Canas is most certainly gonna be used as long as he lives.

Speaking of which, time for our first update!

Spoiler

Fire%20=0Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-0.png?dl

Let's get started! Lyn Hard mode, here I come!

First, I'm making my tactician. I was going to call him Rick Astley, because he's never gonna give Lyn up or let her down, (actually he most certainly would, but oh well.) Unfortunately, there was not enough space, so...

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-1.png?dl=0

My dude, begrudging tactician who wants a new job, is ready to randomly die in front of Lyn's house! Seriously though, is it ever explained beyond "You're a travelling strategist, So you're in Sacae?" Because to me, that just sounds kinda weird considering that it sounds like there wouldn't be much action in Sacae.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-2.png?dl=0

Lyn%20portrait.png?dl=0Wake up, you ninny!

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0Uh...Thanks? I'm My dude.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-4.png?dl=0

...This is a great start to their relationship.

A good name that will surely be maligned by the thousands of deaths piled upon it!

...I'm actually not so sure about that. It seems My dude just likes dying on people's doorsteps.

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0Err...I like dying on people's doorsteps? It's all part of my training to be a master tactician!  (Nice lie, Me! She'll never guess that I'm not really a tactician! Maybe she'll give me food before I leave!)

All of a sudden, Lyn hears footsteps from hundreds of meters away!

And would you believe it! It's an early game brigand map that I missed screenshot on!

Audible gasp! Who could have possibly seen that coming? Bandits? In the first map?

Larger audible gasp! You want to help people? No FE Lord could ever do that!|

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0Not to worry! I am a tactician by trade! Together, we will defeat these bandits! (And then I'll make my escape tomorrow! Nyeheh! Ostia, here I come!)

HERE WE GO! FIRST MAP!

Cm_fe07_P.png?dl=0

As I said, I missed the screenshot of the map, so here it is! There is just two enemies here: a bandit roughly ten spaces from Lyn, who starts on the forest in the bottom right of the screen. who will move to attack her, as well as the fearsome BATTA THE BEAST, located in the gate of the big house at the top of the map.

Batta and Lyn's stats:

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-12.png?dl=

She starts with a D rank in swords, equipped with Two Vulneraries and an iron sword.

The man, the myth, the legend, Batta the beast. He's got an iron axe.

I forgot to take photos of Lyn's placement! If I'm not just the best LPer in history!

Regardless, she just moved forward towards the generic bandit.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-15.png?dl=

Excellent job, Lyn! You didn't die on turn one!

She retaliates twice, obviously hitting both times.

And on turn two...

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-17.png?dl=

Lyn finishes him!

Now, for Batta.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-18.png?dl=

I doubt it. I've had uncharacteristic good luck thus far.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-19.png?dl=

ARRRGHHH! A flashbang already! Since you can't tell, this was a crit for 15 damage. Lyn also evaded his attack.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-20.png?dl=

Lyn finishes off Batta!

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-21.png?dl=

Lyn%20portrait.png?dl=0With a sword.

Lyn levels up!

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-22.png?dl=

Not bad, not bad at all! Strength would be nice, but as long as you're hard to hit, you won't drag me down in Hector's tale. 

Lyn seizes and clears the map. 

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-24.png?dl=

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0Why yes thank you,  it was all me doing the work, of course. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-25.png?dl=

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0(I gotta get out of here before I get roped into some major conflict!) All right then, I'm outta here! I have some-uh...Tactician stuff to do! Yeah! 

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-26.png?dl=

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0(Cripes.) Um...Ooh! Don't you have to ask your parents?

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-27.png?dl=

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-28.png?dl=

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0...Oh my. (I probably shouldn't leave her here all on her own...) I'd *Cough* love to have you join me on my travels.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-30.png?dl=

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0(What have I gotten myself into?)

Lyn%20portrait.png?dl=0Woohoo! Road trip! Let's go to Bulgar! It's the biggest city in Sacae! We can get stuff for our journey!

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0But aren't sacaens nomadic? Why would there be a city?

Lyn%20portrait.png?dl=0We're never gonna get there if you keep talking!

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0Gyaah! Wait up! Oh, blimey...

Death count: --

Reset count: --

The replies:

Spoiler

The update:

Spoiler

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0Ahh...Did we really...have to... run the whole frickin' way?

Lyn portrait.png?dl=0Running? That was a brisk jog!

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0Oolp...Excuse me...I need to go throw up...

Lyn portrait.png?dl=0Sigh...He'd better be a good tactician. I can barely put up with his refusal to sing songs during a road trip! 

NOT FAR AWAY....

Saain.png?dl=0Oh heavenly heavens! Fair maiden, I must know your name! Oh, how my heart swoons at your...

Kennethent.png?dl=0Sain, that's a toaster.

Saain.png?dl=0But is it really a toaster if it has curves that are this provocative?

Kennethent.png?dl=0Ugh...

Saain.png?dl=0You're just angry that I"M gonna be the one who A-supports the girl when we find her. *Gasp* A maiden with an weapon! I must go introduce myself!

Kennethent.png?dl=0No, Sain, DON'T! *Sigh* How am I going to explain his death to General Eagler?

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-35.png?dl=

Saain.png?dl=0Oh fair and beauteous maiden, would you grace me with the honor of your name? Not to mention your presence, your social security number, your credit card number, your phone number, your postal code and your house address? In case you weren't stunned already, I am a knight!

Lyn portrait.png?dl=0What kind of knight is as invasive as this? You must be some kind of joke squadron.

Kennethent.png?dl=0We aren't. He just makes it feel like one.

Saain.png?dl=0Ooh! There's another maiden! I must go try my luck with her as well!

Kennethent.png?dl=0SAIIIIINNNNNNNN!!!! GET BACK HERE!

Lyn portrait.png?dl=0...Wow. That was something.

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0Ooh...Feeling a bit better now. Since we're here, how about we stay in a nice hotel? Please?

Lyn portrait.png?dl=0Nope. We're leaving. There's some dolts around. Try to keep up!

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0Gyaaaaa!! Blessed St. Elimine, what have I done to deserve this?

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-40.png?dl=

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0I AM RUNNING! I'VE BEEN RUNNING THIS WHOLE TIME, YOU TYRANT!!

Lyn portrait.png?dl=0Can it! You're lucky you're a tactician, or I'd make you do more training!

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-41.png?dl=

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0Gyaaaaa! It's a bear!

Lyn portrait.png?dl=0That's a bandit, dummy! Sheesh.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-42.png?dl=

Lyn portrait.png?dl=0Not another one! Why do I keep running into chronic flirts?

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-43.png?dl=

Lyn portrait.png?dl=0Oooh boy, that's too many bandits for me to fight! My dude, I need your tactics! Gah! Here comes the doofus brigade. This just isn't my day.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-44.png?dl=

Lyn portrait.png?dl=0This isn't the time, you two!

Kennethent.png?dl=0We're not here for that this time! Well, at least I'm not. Sain on the other hand...

Saain.png?dl=0My dear tree, I adore your soft curves and willowy leaves! Please, grace me the pleasure of your time for a little longer!

Lyn portrait.png?dl=0...Well, I'm glad to have some help for this. It'll be tough, but we might pull through. I'm Lyn.

Kennethent.png?dl=0I am Kent, a knight of Lycia, and my companion here is...

Lyn portrait.png?dl=0Mentally challenged?

Kennethent.png?dl=0I mean...His name is Sain. I'll leave it at that.

The map:

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-48.png?dl=

As you can't tell due to the awful screenshot, we have been joined by two Cavaliers. They both join us at level one,  Kent fufilling the "Fast and skilled" role, Sain being the Buff one, who also is pretty fast. His skill is usually a bit on the low side in my experience, though. Sain's biggest problem is that he doesn't have a sword yet, so his hitrates are going to be shaky until I can get to an armory.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-49.png?dl=

I send Lyn into the forest to attack the bandit. She hit him twice, taking nothing in retaliation.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-50.png?dl=

Hmm... Decent chance. Sain's the one who's more likely to fall behind due to his lance, so I'll be giving him lots of chances.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-51.png?dl=

Sain! You're not impressing any of the ladies like that!

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-52.png?dl=

And I took the screenshot too late, but he got hit.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-53.png?dl=
Kent, show him how it's done.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-54.png?dl=

Thank you very much, sir!

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-55.png?dl=

As it stands, I'm in no danger from this map.

For the rest of the map, nothing much happens. I trade around the lance a lot, misposition people, etc. but nobody dies. However...

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-71.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-80.png?dl=

All three levels I've had so far have been great! Next chapter, I hope to get Kent a level, as well as several for Florina.

Then we have a very long discussion between Kent, Sain and Lyn, in which we learn that Lyn is a noble! WOWIE! I'm not gonna bother showing all of the lines of dialogue since uploading each and every picture one at a time takes forever.

Long story short, In order to see her grandfather, Lyn and co. head off to Caelin!

Reset count: --

7 hours ago, Benice said:

Sain's biggest problem is that he doesn't have a sword yet, so his hitrates are going to be shaky until I can get to an armory.

This like literally pisses me off, I usually give Lyn's Iron Sword to Sain and trade it back and forth until Lyn gets the Mani Katti and it has around enough uses for the entirety of Lyn Mode

11 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Fun fact your Lyn is now officially bulkier than the Lyn they give you if you skip Lyn mode. Now you just need one more level with skill and speed and you will have tied or beaten all of that Lyn's stats.

Omg lol like seriously, why did they make her so bad if you skipped Lyn Mode? She should've been at like Level 8 and with generally a +2-4 stat increase in all areas.

13 minutes ago, This boi uses Nino said:

Omg lol like seriously, why did they make her so bad if you skipped Lyn Mode? She should've been at like Level 8 and with generally a +2-4 stat increase in all areas.

Unfortunately her whole crew gets the same treatment, for example Sain with that one level-up has managed to match the starting strength, Luck, and defense of the no Lyn mode returning Sain (and surpass his resistance). The no Lyn mode starting stats of characters is utterly ruthless.

The replies:

Spoiler
On 3/31/2020 at 6:03 PM, This boi uses Nino said:

This like literally pisses me off, I usually give Lyn's Iron Sword to Sain and trade it back and forth until Lyn gets the Mani Katti and it has around enough uses for the entirety of Lyn Mode.

Yes, it's quite annoying how Sain doesn't join with one; in normal mode, he gets one on the second turn, but they neglected to give him one to start for hard.

23 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Fun fact your Lyn is now officially bulkier than the Lyn they give you if you skip Lyn mode. Now you just need one more level with skill and speed and you will have tied or beaten all of that Lyn's stats.

Wow. These have been good levels, but wow. She'd have big issues rejoining if Lyn mode was skipped.

23 hours ago, This boi uses Nino said:

BECAUSE YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO PLAY A FOUR HOUR LONG TUTORIAL EVERY SINGLE TIME, OBVIOUSLY!!!1!11!1!

23 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Unfortunately her whole crew gets the same treatment, for example Sain with that one level-up has managed to match the starting strength, Luck, and defense of the no Lyn mode returning Sain (and surpass his resistance). The no Lyn mode starting stats of characters is utterly ruthless.

And they don't even get Prf weapons to help them out. Wil...He's not good in Lyn mode, he's probably impossible to use if you skip it. Florina would also be in dire straits.

The update:

Spoiler

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-1.png?dl=0

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-2.png?dl=0

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-4.png?dl=0

Oh. I forgot that this chapter existed. Well, at least we get an OP sword for Lyn! 

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0 (This sounds a lot like a tourist trap...)

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-11.png?dl=

While our tourists get their fanny packs and loud cameras...

Some bandits break into the temple to take the sword! Honestly though, Mr. Old man could easily just defeat all of them: He's a promoted Bishop, for Elimine's sake! 

But of course that won't happen; then we wouldn't get Lyn's prf weapon.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-15.png?dl=

Uhhh...Are you sure about that, bud? 

These stats look more like something featured on an Elibe comedy show!

Host: Want to hear a joke?

Audience: [Applause, cheering]

Host: Glass's stats!

Audience: 

...Anyways.

Glass can't use the sword because he's too greedy for the sword's liking!  Glass decides that the logical course of action here is to break the sword's altar. Unfortunately for him, somebody sees the bandits breaking into the temple. Here comes the Sacaen Justice Cabal!

THE MAP:

Cm_fe07_2.png?dl=0

This one's probably going to be even easier than the previous map owing to it being far smaller in terms of area we actually have to cover: Just by breaking down the wall,  we can easily reach every enemy.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-17.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-18.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-19.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-20.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-21.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-22.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-23.png?dl=

I start things off with Lyn softening up the brigand for Kent, bringing him up a level! It's...Ehh...Not an amazing start, but not awful at all.

I then polish off the bandits from the south and start breaking down the wall to the temple! (Already done more damage to it than Glass!)

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-24.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-25.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-26.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-27.png?dl=

Gah! Flashbang! That was Kent getting hit by the Brigand.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-28.png?dl=

And at the conclusion of turn three, things have just about wrapped up! Barring a 0%  chance crit landing on Sain or Kent, we're good!

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-29.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-30.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-31.png?dl=

No! Another flippin' flashbang! There's one frame of total white! ONE! I'VE ALREADY SCREENCAPPED TWO TODAY!! I think this one was Kent getting hit?

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-32.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-33.png?dl=

Sain takes Kent's sword and finishes the brigand! Two enemies left! (And only eight more chapters until Hector Mode actually starts!) On his next turn, Sain goes after our favourite laughing stock.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-34.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-35.png?dl=

"What chance do you think you have against me?"

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-36.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-38.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-39.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-40.png?dl=

Well, to his credit, he survived a round of combat and hit Sain both on player and enemy phase.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-42.png?dl=

Urgh...Sain...

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-46.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-47.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-48.png?dl=

Not bad, not bad.

And we have done it!

Let's go talk to the priest guy who could have routed these bandits.

Le shock! The Mani Katti likes Lyn's vibes!

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-51.png?dl=

That's what she said! (I'm sorry, but it's april fools. I had to.)

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-52.png?dl=

See? SEE?! THAT OLD DUDE IS A BISHOP! BEAT THE LAUGH-TRACK WORTHY BANDITS YOURSELF NEXT TIME!!!!!

Anyways, the Mani Katti; it's a really really good weapon; 45 uses, good might, good crit, and most importantly, effective against knights and calvary. We'll need that for chapter 9.

Lyn and co. Move out on their journey to Caelin!

Everything looks nice and rosy, until...

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-54.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-55.png?dl=(By the way, Lyn is Madelyn's daughter. I forgot to mention that earlier.)

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-56.png?dl=

Blablabla, scheming, evil laughing, plotting to murder the marquess with poison, etc. 

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-64.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-65.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-66.png?dl=

UwU.png?dl=0Urgh...My head hurts...But I'm alive... Those knights stole my treasure...Curse that tactician of theirs! I will have my revenge! I will destroy them!

Reset count:--

Edited by Benice

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Yes, it's quite annoying how Sain doesn't join with one; in normal mode, he gets one on the second turn, but they neglected to give him one to start for hard.

I know I know, which IMO may make it worth it to play Normal mo- HAHAHHAHAHA, hell no!

1 hour ago, Benice said:

BECAUSE YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO PLAY A FOUR HOUR LONG TUTORIAL EVERY SINGLE TIME, OBVIOUSLY!!!1!11!1!

WELL I DON'T WANT TO SO FOHCK YUO!!!1!!!1!!11

1 hour ago, Benice said:

He's a promoted Bishop, for Elimine's sake! 

You forget generics have crappy stats right? If the starting rolling screen is anything to go by, their bases are atrocious and I'm sure two hits from that mercenary kills him.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Host: Want to hear a joke?

Audience: [Applause, cheering]

Host: Glass's stats!

Audience: 

Spoiler

LOLOLOLOL this actually made me laugh loOOL

1 hour ago, Benice said:

(And only eight more chapters until Hector Mode actually starts!)

YAAAAAY

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

1 hour ago, Benice said:

That's what she said! (I'm sorry, but it's april fools. I had to.)

F for My Dude (or Lyn's previous boyfriend lol)

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Blablabla, scheming, evil laughing, plotting to murder the marquess with poison, etc. 

Kek, pretty much.

6 hours ago, Benice said:

Wait til you see Sain and Kent's equipment when they join in Hector mode

These stats look more like something featured on an Elibe comedy show!

I mean its not that much worse than the swordsman the sword picks

UwU.png?dl=0Urgh...My head hurts...But I'm alive... Those knights stole my treasure...Curse that tactician of theirs! I will have my revenge! I will destroy them!

...Glass as a returning villain for My Dude, what a curious choice

The replies:

Spoiler
On 4/1/2020 at 7:55 PM, This boi uses Nino said:

I know I know, which IMO may make it worth it to play Normal mo- HAHAHHAHAHA, hell no!

My thoughts exactly.

WELL I DON'T WANT TO SO FOHCK YUO!!!1!!!1!!11

Woa rood git off of my mincraf srver!

You forget generics have crappy stats right? If the starting rolling screen is anything to go by, their bases are atrocious and I'm sure two hits from that mercenary kills him.

Glass's stats, though? Mr. Bishop also had a throne.

LOLOLOLOL this actually made me laugh loOOL

Hooray! One of my two readers laughed at one of my bad jokes!

YAAAAAY

Yaaaaay everyone's gonna die because I'm bad as you will see in this depressing update

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Yeah really.

F for My Dude (or Lyn's previous boyfriend lol)

Hot times on the Sacae plains?

Just kidding, My dude is too busy dying to date anyone.

Kek, pretty much.

All earlygame villains are like this, tbh.

On 4/2/2020 at 1:35 AM, Eltosian Kadath said:

Wait til you see Sain and Kent's equipment when they join in Hector mode

As long as it's not just steel lances, I'll take it. Even if it's all slim swords.

I mean its not that much worse than the swordsman the sword picks

At level 3, Lyn had better stats in everything but Hp and strength, in which they were tied.

...Glass as a returning villain for My Dude, what a curious choice

His stats are too laugh-track worthy to pass up.

Also, if you didn't believe me when I said I was terrible at this...

The update:

Spoiler

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-0.png?dl=0Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-1.png?dl=0Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-2.png?dl=0

And there is lots of bandits.

Destroyed.

We then have a very long expo dump about how Lyn's tribe, the Lorca, were wiped out by the Taliver bandits. Lyn swears that she'll return to destroy the Taliver bandits, and our cavaliers decide that they'll join her when she does.

I finally got a screenshot of the map! It took me four maps, but I did it! 

However, the screenshot is the only thing that went well for me today.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-17.png?dl=

Our lord and Savior Florina! I just hope she isn't skill/Speed screwed like last time.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-18.png?dl=

And then we have this VERY long scene where Florina tries to apologize to these bandits for landing on them with her pegasus. Why did they make this part so long?!

Long story short, the bandits want to kidnap Florina and her pegasus to sell them. Lyn and co. will not let this happen, so here we go! I forgot to have Lyn attack the boss, but in their battle conversation, we learn that these guys are the Ganelon bandits, NOT the taliver.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-26.png?dl=

Thank you Lyn, I would have never guessed.

THE MAP:

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-16.png?dl=We've got two villages to save: The one above the wall has gold, the one right next to where we spawn has Wil, an archer. (The Players spawn in the southwest corener.) We are also joined by Florina, our only pegasus knight until much later. She's nothing special at base, mostly compounded by her terrible Con and the fact that almost every enemy in Lyn mode is axelocked. In my experience, she becomes a beast later on, but I might have had weird luck. In my second playthrough of this game, (and thus far the only completed run,) Florina capped strength at level 17, but barely gained speed or skill, so by chapter 17E, she was unusable because everything doubled her (because of her terrible Con,) and she had 60%-ish hitrates on everything.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-35.png?dl=

Anyhow, let's get started!

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-27.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-28.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-29.png?dl=

Florina takes a rare opportunity to use her lance at an advantage! NO! NOT ANOTHER FLASHBANG!!! NOT ALREADY! (Also, Florina got hit.)

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-30.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-31.png?dl=

Sain takes out the archer while Kent recruits Wil, who will be hitting the bench and little else.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-33.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-34.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-36.png?dl=

As you can see here, Wil is the second most tanky unit we have, and is an archer. I actually like archers as a class, but not Wil's style. I usually invest a lot of exp into Rebecca, since she is fast, whereas Wil is durable and powerful, but quite slow, at least in my experience. But if a whole bunch of people die in Lyn mode, I just might use him.

Enemy phase!

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-37.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-38.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-39.png?dl=

...And that's it. Florina then heads to the village to get me some cash. Kent then blocks the path so that the bandits can't get through. The bandits don't like that, so they have at him!

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-40.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-41.png?dl= Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-42.png?dl=

NOOOO!!! ANOTHER FLASHBANG! Well, you know what they say: A flashbang a day keeps the sanity away. The flashbang is Kent hitting the bandit.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-43.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-44.png?dl=

Undettered by the flashbang, Sain eliminates the bandit.

And then...I decide that Lyn is going to be tough enough to tank a few hits if needed, so I put her across the gap with the Mani Katti.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-45.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-46.png?dl=(That is a crit)

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-47.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-48.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-16.png?dl=

Well then. Feel free to laugh. Or cry. I got Lyn killed in chapter three of Lyn mode. Which is designed to teach first-time players how to play FE.

big%20brain%20time.jpg?dl=0

Sigh...Add one to the reset count.

Well, let's just finish this. Take two, everybody.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-49.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-50.png?dl=

This time I soften up the mercenary with Wil so that Florina can OHKO him.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-51.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-52.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-53.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-54.png?dl=

Sain and Lyn go all out, clearing out the nearby enemies. Sain gets a level off of his kill. C'mon, Sain! I need this today!!!

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-55.png?dl=

...He's had one good level so far...That's not bad.... hahahahahahahahamahAHHSDVFDGDHSAHAAHAHHAHA!!!

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-56.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-58.png?dl=

Florina decides to elongate her pegasus' spine during her crit. She does get it hit retaliation, though.

And it was then that I realized that I had made a fatal error. Florina has a roughly 75% chance to die here. (Because 2rn.) I am going to lose my only earlygame pegasus knight at the first opportunity.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-59.png?dl=

I heal up Lyn because the last thing I need is to not only lose an essential unit in chapter 3, but to have to restart it again.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-60.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-61.png?dl=

OH MY GOD, SHE SURVIVED! YES!!! YOU DID IT, GIRL! THANK YOU RNGODDESS! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! YESSSSS!!! I DON'T EVEN CARE THAT I GOT MY THIRD FLASHBANG OF THE DAY WHEN SHE KILLED HIM ON THE COUNTERATTACK!!!!!!

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-62.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-63.png?dl=

Lyn and the bandit exchange some blows. I somehow managed to get the exact same frame of the mercenary's attack animation both times. (That is the mercenary jumping back, btw. Florina wasn't gonna die to him.)

Oh god, my heart can't take this kind of stress from Lyn mode. But it CAN take Florina getting a level!

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-64.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-65.png?dl=

Well, hp helps durability and speed means she might be able to use iron weapons at some point. Def or res would help my peace of mind, but an okay start.

With that done, everyone heads for the boss!

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-71.png?dl=

Woah! That sounds like the lines to a song. The Ganelon bandits are a rock group? This guy must part of their entourage!

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-72.png?dl=

Either way, he doesn't do to well, getting killed by Kent on enemy phase.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-73.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-74.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-75.png?dl=

Ehh...It's far better than Sain's level, anyways.

And that's the ball game!

Dialogue time!

Lyn and Kent chase away Sain while he tries to flirt with Florina. Wil joins us too.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-82.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-83.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-87.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-89.png?dl=

I gotta say, I love that CG. By a massive margin, FE7 is my least favourite fe game, but I still love this. Hm...Perhaps it's starting to grow on me? 

UwU.png?dl=0Urgh...Finally made it back into Bulgar. Hmm...Where do I go next?

Portrait_elen_fe06.png?dl=0E-excuse me, sir.

UwU.png?dl=0What do you want?

Portrait_elen_fe06.png?dl=0Y-you're wounded. Let me help. ... ... ...There.

UwU.png?dl=0My wounds are closed! How?

Portrait_elen_fe06.png?dl=0I am a cleric of the St. Elimine church, trained in the use of staves. Truthfully, I'm really not that helpful to have around... How did you get your wounds?

UwU.png?dl=0I was attacked by...Bandits! They've been going on a marauding streak through the area. They destroyed my farm. I need to stop them before they hurt anyone else.

Portrait_elen_fe06.png?dl=0...I will help you. It is the duty of the Elimine church to help people. Where are you headed?

UwU.png?dl=0The bandits were last seen heading west. I shall be going that way.

Portrait_elen_fe06.png?dl=0Goodness. I hope that, together, we can bring peace to the world.

UwU.png?dl=0(Heh, my power is growing! Soon I will have an army at my disposal! And with it, I shall destroy everything that those people have! This cleric is just the start!)

RESET COUNT: 1 

DEATH COUNT: --

1 hour ago, Benice said:

And then...I decide that Lyn is going to be tough enough to tank a few hits if needed, so I put her across the gap with the Mani Katti.

Lyn, tank a hit? That is a horrible mistake to make.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-56.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-58.png?dl=

Florina decides to elongate her pegasus' spine during her crit. She does get it hit retaliation, though.

And then having Florina fight some of the bandits... you like to live dangerously

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Portrait_elen_fe06.png?dl=0E-excuse me, sir.

Is that Ellen? I guess it must be her mother or something, as her game takes place long after this one.

On 4/4/2020 at 5:38 PM, Benice said:

THE MAP:

woah easy there! Are you going to reutilize assets like Three Houses does maps? Yo man, nuuuuu :(>>:(

Spoiler

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-45.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-46.png?dl=(That is a crit)

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-47.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-48.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-16.png?dl=

Well then. Feel free to laugh. Or cry. I got Lyn killed in chapter three of Lyn mode. Which is designed to teach first-time players how to play FE.

I've gotten her killed in the Prologue but that's because I can't stand wasting turns in such a shitty chapter and I just rush and hope for a dodge (she almost never does, fuhccing bithc)

The replies:

Spoiler
On 4/4/2020 at 5:00 PM, Eltosian Kadath said:

Lyn, tank a hit? That is a horrible mistake to make.

Heh heh, dodge tanking ALWAYS works, right?

Right?

Okay, yeah. It is a horrible mistake to make.

And then having Florina fight some of the bandits... you like to live dangerously

I appreciate you saying "Dangerously" instead of "stupidly."

Is that Ellen? I guess it must be her mother or something, as her game takes place long after this one.

*Cough cough* No of course it's not Ellen's sprite! It's actually a secret recruitable character in fe6 named Hellen!

Okay, fine, it's Ellen's sprite.

On 4/7/2020 at 9:27 AM, This boi uses Nino said:

woah easy there! Are you going to reutilize assets like Three Houses does maps? Yo man, nuuuuu :(>>:(

If it gives this LP as many views as copies sold of Three houses, yes.

Reveal hidden contents

Well then. Feel free to laugh. Or cry. I got Lyn killed in chapter three of Lyn mode. Which is designed to teach first-time players how to play FE.

I've gotten her killed in the Prologue but that's because I can't stand wasting turns in such a shitty chapter and I just rush and hope for a dodge (she almost never does, fuhccing bithc)

The difference here is that you are impatient, whereas I am dumb, This wasn't me trying to cut corners, I wanted to have nobody die! Good thing that Hector's quite good, I might have fewer resets.

The update's gonna be even later than it already is because something went wrong with the photos and they no longer exist. I will have to redo the whole thing. Hopefully I'll have it finished by tomorrow?

Edited by Benice

The update:

Spoiler

[In dramatic narrator voice]

Lyn and her allies continue their journey towards Caelin, stopping to rest at the abandoned ruins of a fortress because of My Dude's complaints. The Ganelon rock band is in a rage because Lyn took out their entourage. Armed with more riotous fans, the Ganelon rock band's angry guitar riffs edge closer and closer...

Lyn%20portrait.png?dl=0An abandoned fortress! This looks like a good spot to stop.

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0Ah, finally! (Hmm...It's got several exits...This might be the best time for me to make my escape.)

Molly-est.png?dl=0E-excuse me, milady.

Lyn%20portrait.png?dl=0Hm? Who are you?

Molly-est.png?dl=0My name is Nathalie, and I'm from a village near here.

Lyn%20portrait.png?dl=0And what are you doing here, exactly? 

Molly-est.png?dl=0Well, my husband's gone missing and bla bla bla bla

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0(Good, they're all distracted! I'll just sneak on out of here. Everyone, I'm sorry... I just care too much for you to get you hurt by my shoddy tactics. If only I had said I worked at a grocery store...)

Lyn%20portrait.png?dl=0So your leg is hurt from a childhood illness and your husband's gone missing?

Molly-est.png?dl=0Yes, milady. If you see him, tell him that I'm looking for him.

Lyn%20portrait.png?dl=0Will do. All right guys, let's pitch camp!

Golly-est.png?dl=0Ooh, great! I've got some spoooooooooooooooooooooky campfire stories for you guys!

Helllo.png?dl=0Eek! I-it's got a Pg-8 rating, right?!

Golly-est.png?dl=0No, it's Pg-11.

Helllo.png?dl=0Aah! I'll go learn tactics from My Dude instead!

Kennethent.png?dl=0Where is My dude? I haven't seen him in a few minutes.

Golly-est.png?dl=0*Audible gasp* The swamp monster must have eaten him!

Helllo.png?dl=0Noo! I didn't know that there was a swamp monster here!

Lyn%20portrait.png?dl=0There isn't one, Wil is just pulling your leg. Besides, he's probably just throwing up somewhere. We all know he\s got a weak stomach.

Helllo.png?dl=0So he's all right?

Lyn%20portrait.png?dl=0Probably.

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0Phew...I made it out without getting caught. Wait...why is there a whle bunch of people with axes in front of the fortress? Hmm...That tall guy is saying not to wait to attack until night...That's dumb.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-46.png?dl=

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0Hmm...They'll be better off without my tactics, but they have no idea these bandits are here! I've gotta help them! I won't let them hurt my friends!

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0BANDITS BANDITS BANDITS BATTLE POSITIONS!!

Lyn%20portrait.png?dl=0You're back!

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0THERE ARE BANDITS OUTSIDE!

Lyn%20portrait.png?dl=0 Bandits? Good thing you spotted them! We just have to hold them off, everybody!

There you go, a teaser until I can finish the other part.

Edited by Benice

If it gives this LP as many views as copies sold of Three houses, yes.

Fucking sell-out cunt. 😛

The difference here is that you are impatient, whereas I am dumb, This wasn't me trying to cut corners, I wanted to have nobody die! Good thing that Hector's quite good, I might have fewer resets.

Oh Hector good HAHAHAHAHA sigh I have my issues with him, but main one is he isn't as tanky as everyone thinks he is, oh why couldn't he have just one more point of defense and 2 more hp? SIGH

Spoiler

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0Hmm...They'll be better off without my tactics, but they have no idea these bandits are here! I've gotta help them! I won't let them hurt my friends!

Woah easy there! Now you're character arcs more rushed than Dimitri's redemption? SMH SMH!!

22 minutes ago, This boi uses Nino said:

Woah easy there! Now you're character arcs more rushed than Dimitri's redemption? SMH SMH!!

I was going to have him leave until ch. 9, but I needed to blame Lyn's death on him. Can't be blaming me, can we?

You don't even know what I have planned...HAHAHAHA! THEY'LL NEVER SEE IT COMING!

Edited by Benice

The actual update:

Spoiler

The map:

image.png.ddbe99e94130a1ece792aea56418157a.png

As you can see, there are two main entrances, plus a damaged wall to the left of the map. We have to defend Nathalie, who starts in the boxed-off area. Getting her killed is basically impossible unless you've already lost Kent, Sain and Wil. As with the other maps in Lyn mode, almost everything has an axe, but there is a steady stream of mercs who come from the top-right corner, which is good food for Florina.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-68.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-69.png?dl=

And we start in a solid position. Covered by the tile info is Dorcas, Nathalie's husband and our local Lyn mode fighter! Much like Bartre, who we get in Hector mode, he's not very good, so unless something disastrous happens, he won't be seeing use. He starts on the enemy team, but we recruit him with Lyn. I wish Lot or Wade were in this game...

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-70.png?dl=

Nothing at all happens during player phase; Dorcas has a hand axe, so he probably shouldn't hit Lyn, and he won't get killed in return.

Cripes. Dorcas is gonna do more damage for the enemies than he's ever gonna do for us with this one hit.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-72.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-73.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-74.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-75.png?dl=

No! Two flashbangs in a row! I think this was Kent being better than Lyn and dodging?

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-76.png?dl=

The wall will hold out for another few turns; it's a good thing that the mercenary is going after it, seeing as he isn't as strong as the brigand.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-77.png?dl=

Dorcas is now with us! I was going to have him take out the brigand just above him, but he's only got a hand axe, so his hit rate was awful.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-78.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-79.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-82.png?dl=

You know, with a bit of strength and speed, Wil could be a real asset to my team. I think I'll use him; chip gods can be really helpful. Besides, I've got no reason not to; nobody else can use his bow. I also apparently didn't learn my lesson from last chapter and am gonna have Florina tank a few hits. She shouldn't be able to die since only one person can hit her this turn. Foolish? Perhaps.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-84.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-85.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-86.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-87.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-88%20(2).p

Lyn%20portrait.png?dl=0Hey, My dude! Check it out, I convinced Nathalie's husband to join us!

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0Lyn, don't turn your back to the battlefield! There's another brigand behind you!

Lyn%20portrait.png?dl=0Yeah, but he's got a hit rate of 38! There's no chance-

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-88.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-89.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-90.png?dl=

...Two 38% axes hitting in a row...

Add one onto the reset pile. Any guesses on how many I'll get?

It's rewind time, baby.

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0BANDITS BANDITS BANDITS BATTLE POSITIONS!!

Lyn%20portrait.png?dl=0You're back!

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0THERE ARE BANDITS OUTSIDE!

Lyn%20portrait.png?dl=0 Bandits? Good thing you spotted them! We just have to hold them off, everybody!

The map:

Screw it, I'm doing the exact same thing, but I'll protect Lyn with Dorcas if she gets hit by him.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-0%20(2).pn

Lyn, if you get hit, I'm forcing you to date My Dude.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-1%20(2).pnFire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-2%20(2).pn

Oh. It appears that I missed the screenshot. Lyn did not get hit! She's safe.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-3%20(2).pn

And from this point, nothing much happens. We kill bandits. Here's a succinct highlight reel. Or, if you're Sain, a lowlight reel.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-24%20(2).pFire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-27%20(2).pFire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-44%20(2).pFire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-50%20(2).p

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-78%20(2).pFire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-83%20(2).pFire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-91.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-92.png?dl=

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-97.png?dl=

Lyn%20portrait.png?dl=0You're amazing, My dude!

Helllo.png?dl=0Wow...You're so amazing, my dude...Wh-when we make it to Caelin, do you think we could...y-you know...Agh! Ignore me!

Golly-est.png?dl=0We're lucky to have you around!

ok.png?dl=0...I trust you to keep me alive.

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0W-wow! I'm not really that good, guys! (I can't leave now, can I? I'll find some excuse at some point. Please...Just let it be before someone dies...)

Reset count: 2

Edited by Benice

53 minutes ago, Benice said:

Cripes. Dorcas is gonna do more damage for the enemies than he's ever gonna do for us with this one hit.

OMG What's up with this? Happens to me all the time, I think if you just opened this game and got here, this is what the RNG always does

55 minutes ago, Benice said:

BUT Lin doDGeS aLL THe TIME!!!1!

56 minutes ago, Benice said:

Lyn, if you get hit, I'm forcing you to date My Dude.

Oh boy, fanfiction in a LP? HoHO! that sounds like a funny cringy idea I could try hehehe

57 minutes ago, Benice said:

Here's a succinct highlight reel. Or, if you're Sain, a lowlight reel.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-24%20(2).pFire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-27%20(2).pFire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-44%20(2).pFire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-50%20(2).p

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-78%20(2).pFire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-83%20(2).pFire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-91.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-92.png?dl=

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-97.png?dl=

Oh man, Sain is really not pulling his weight here, that's a shame, though a good source of Exp are the southwestern bandits since they have 2 speed, RIPE for SAIN!

I'm glad to see Lyn is getting some levels, but she isn't being used right? And Florina getting a good level is pretty good! I wish she were better at base...

22 hours ago, Benice said:

Lyn%20portrait.png?dl=0Yeah, but he's got a hit rate of 38! There's no chance-

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-88.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-89.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-90.png?dl=

Ah Lyn, the great ironman ender, making her legacy known. Good luck in HHM, if this is anything to go by Noble Lady of Caelin is going to be a map of misery.

On 4/10/2020 at 7:46 PM, Benice said:

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0W-wow! I'm not really that good, guys! (I can't leave now, can I? I'll find some excuse at some point. Please...Just let it be before someone dies...)

Well anyone other than Lyn dies...

The replies:

Spoiler
On 4/10/2020 at 8:46 PM, This boi uses Nino said:

OMG What's up with this? Happens to me all the time, I think if you just opened this game and got here, this is what the RNG always does

I have...very bad luck. I don't even want to talk about my first run of this game or my first attempt on the Sacred Stones trainee solo.

BUT Lin doDGeS aLL THe TIME!!!1!

Yah she obvisly duz.

Oh man, Sain is really not pulling his weight here, that's a shame, though a good source of Exp are the southwestern bandits since they have 2 speed, RIPE for SAIN!

This is very typical of my runs; one of the cavaliers is god-awful, one is great/quite good. And then there's Lowen, who is consistently solid. I hope I don't lose him early in this run...

I'm glad to see Lyn is getting some levels, but she isn't being used right? And Florina getting a good level is pretty good! I wish she were better at base...

Lyn will be getting used because I feel obliged to use every lord this time around. Besides, this is my best Lyn yet! First time she hasn't been strength-screwed.

And yep, Florina's becoming a beast, as usual. Hopefully Fiora turns out good again and Farina's tolerable so I can have all three pegasus riders!

And I somehow missed @Eltosian Kadath. Sorry about that.

Ah Lyn, the great ironman ender, making her legacy known. Good luck in HHM, if this is anything to go by Noble Lady of Caelin is going to be a map of misery.

Yep. If anyone survives until Nabata desert, I consider it a success.

Well anyone other than Lyn dies...

It's okay, Lyn cannot canonically die, so in the canon of the LP, Lyn has not been defeated yet.

The update:

Also, I apologize for the tiny screenshots with weird stretching at the top and low resolution, I had...Issues, to say the least.

Spoiler

20200411093222_1.jpg?dl=0

In other words, they ran out of coffee before this point. That explains Sain's growths, actually.

20200411093231_1.jpg?dl=020200411093234_1.jpg?dl=020200411093239_1.jpg?dl=020200411093243_1.jpg?dl=020200411093254_1.jpg?dl=0

SOMEWHERE NOT TOO FAR AWAY FROM THE BORDER OF BERN...

Portrait_elen_fe06.png?dl=0S-sir Glass, is there a city nearby? I don't think I can walk much farther... Life in the temple hadn't prepared me for this level of physical exertion.

UwU.png?dl=0There is a city just ahead. Ugh...I suppose that we could stock up on supplies. But we'd better get moving if we want to get those bandits.

Portrait_elen_fe06.png?dl=0O-oh. So a three-night stay at a nice hotel is out of the question? I don't see why we can't stop to rest.

UwU.png?dl=0No! People who don't have money can't stop and think, they have to keep moving, fixated on their goals or they'll fall into despair! That's why there are bandits in the first place! People who haven't hit rock bottom won't ever understand that, and they'll never try!

Portrait_elen_fe06.png?dl=0...

UwU.png?dl=0You don't have to come with me, you know. You could save us both time and stay in a nice, warm convent where poor people like me don't matter.

Portrait_elen_fe06.png?dl=0Sir Glass, wait up! Oh...I feel like he hasn't told me everything about this journey.

THE BERN-LYCIA BORDER

Kennethent.png?dl=0Lady Lyndis, we have reached the border of Lycia!

Saain.png?dl=0Ah! The maidens in the village just across the border are lovely. Not to mention the local dishes! You give me a village full of good food and love, and I'll be a happy man.

Lyn%20portrait.png?dl=0Just one village? You might be settling for too little, Sain.

Saain.png?dl=0A man can dream, you know! Anyways, Lycia is a lovely country with hills, rivers and forests. It's a place like none other.

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0Perfect! We're not far from my destination anymore! (And then I can be done pretending to be a tactician!)

Lyn%20portrait.png?dl=0Wait, do you hear something... Oh no, not again!

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0I recognize those bass lines...The bandits are back again, aren't they?

Helllo.png?dl=0Don't worry, My dude! I will protect you with all of my might, and I know you'll keep me safe with your tactics! Guide my spear to success!

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0(Gulp. I hope I can live up to her expectations.)

Not far away...

20200411093450_1.jpg?dl=0

20200411093518_1.jpg?dl=0

(Okay, that's not all that happens, but it's close enough.)

And that basically sums up those two characters.

Serra is the pink-haired one, and she's our only healer for a great deal of time. I also want her to be in my endgame team even though she's awful.

The other one is Erk, our only mage until Pent, but we also have other spellcasters in Lyn mode. Of the mages in this game, Erk is in my opinion the worst. He usually gets screwed in magic, but has exceedingly balanced growths. He's also the least fun to use most of the time. He's worth using in Lyn mode, though, since he and Lucius will be the only ones who will be able to deal large damage to Lundgren and Eagler without effective damage.

And Nino can marry him, so you know he's cool.

The map:

20200411093700_1.jpg?dl=0

This is the map at the start of turn 1, but Erk joins us with a chunk of damage on him from a scripted battle. Both Serra and Erk join if you talk to one of them with Lyn.

20200411093706_1.jpg?dl=020200411093710_1.jpg?dl=0

To spare everyone the horror of 80-ish of these low-quality screenshots, I'll keep things VERY succinct for today. It was a boring map anyways.

20200411094053_1.jpg?dl=020200411094500_1.jpg?dl=020200411094821_1.jpg?dl=020200411095019_1.jpg?dl=020200411095029_1.jpg?dl=020200411095131_1.jpg?dl=0

Yeah, that's pretty much all that happened. The only thing I didn't show was Florina buying a javelin because her slim lance is low on durability. Wil is slower than what I would like, but I'll give him more time.

And then...

20200411095217_1.jpg?dl=020200411095255_1.jpg?dl=020200411095258_1.jpg?dl=020200411095301_1.jpg?dl=0

Uhh...Isn't sending soldiers to another person's territory kind of a bad idea? Lundgren's doing way better at starting a war than Nergal ever will.

And also, I'll just put this out-of-context quote here.

20200411095312_1.jpg?dl=0

ZOOMZOOM.png?dl=0All right sir, I shall call you when your weapons are ready! What is your name?

UwU.png?dl=0Glass.

ZOOMZOOM.png?dl=0You're Glass? The real Glass?

UwU.png?dl=0Yes.

ZOOMZOOM.png?dl=0HEY EVERYBODY! IT'S THE "LEGENDARY SWORDSMAN,"  GLASS! HE'S HERE!! COME SEE HIS PEERLESS SKILLS WORTHY OF A GOD!!!

(Everybody in the village)

UwU.png?dl=0(So many people...And they're all laughing...)

ZOOMZOOM.png?dl=0"HURR, I'M GLASS, WHAT CHANCE DO YOU THINK YOU HAVE AGAINST ME?!" SAYS THE ONE WITH LIKE 4 SKILL! BWAHAHA! ST. ELIMINE, IT'S TOO FUNNY! BWAHAHA!!

Portrait_elen_fe06.png?dl=0ENOUGH! EVERYBODY, SHUT UP!

UwU.png?dl=0(Helen? Where did she come from? Oh no, she's here to laugh at me too!)

(Laughter stops.)

Portrait_elen_fe06.png?dl=0What makes you guys qualified to laugh at him, a man who is putting his life on the line to help people? How many of you are journeying to stop rampaging bandits? How many of you dared to help people who will mock you at first opportunity? There is more to being a master of the sword than just skill and power! You have to be brave, courageous and lionhearted. You have to have a purpose you believe in. Sir glass right here is all of those things and more; you will find no finer man than him. Indeed, in that sense, he is better than every person here who dared to throw stones from their glass houses.  Mr. Blacksmith? Give me your finest sword. Now.

ZOOMZOOM.png?dl=0Y-yes, ma'am. Right away, Ma'am.

DEATH COUNT: --

RESET COUNT: 2

Edited by Benice

2 hours ago, Benice said:

Serra is the pink-haired one, and she's our only healer for a great deal of time. I also want her to be in my endgame team even though she's awful.

That is some dangerous thinking for an ironman. Its the ones who see the most use because you want them on your end team that always seem to have the most tragic, and certain deaths...

The other one is Erk, our only mage until Pent, but we also have other spellcasters in Lyn mode. Of the mages in this game, Erk is in my opinion the worst. He usually gets screwed in magic, but has exceedingly balanced growths. He's also the least fun to use most of the time. He's worth using in Lyn mode, though, since he and Lucius will be the only ones who will be able to deal large damage to Lundgren and Eagler without effective damage.

If he is its not by much, its more that he is the boring-est mage of the bunch. I seem to remember some well throughout analysis, which generally shows that Erk, Lucius, and Canas having very similar sorta damage outputs at about the same level, as their tome types tend to compensate for their stat spreads. Canas gets a slight advantage due to the utility of dark magic, but its very slight, Nosferatu tanks his attack speed low enough to be dangerous except against the slowest foes, Luna is worse than Flux against everything but the most resistant bosses, and Eclipse's inability to kill makes it a terrible siege tome. Lucius has the biggest advantage if he reaches promotion, as he gets extra staff rank. As for the Pent and Nino comparison, Erk has one massive advantage over both, he has high availability. Pent is the king of bases, and Nino is the queen of growth, but Erk is the master of availability, as you get him for 12-16 maps before Pent, and 14-18 before Nino, which is a lot of extra use. Even if you bench him the instant Pent arrives, if you use him on every chapter he is available before he will see more chapters of use than either of them can, even ignoring Lyn mode.

20200411094821_1.jpg?dl=020200411095019_1.jpg?dl=020200411095029_1.jpg?dl=0

Giving Wil a boss kill. Much as archers/snipers are accurately described as terrible in this game, they are actually kinda useful on the magic seal gaiden chapters. They have reliable range attacks when enemies have much higher attack speed due to their weighty magic unequipping in the magic seal.

20 hours ago, Benice said:

I have...very bad luck. I don't even want to talk about my first run of this game or my first attempt on the Sacred Stones trainee solo.

No but not even that, the game starts with the same RNs so the same things are bound to happen if you reset after every map.

This is very typical of my runs; one of the cavaliers is god-awful, one is great/quite good. And then there's Lowen, who is consistently solid. I hope I don't lose him early in this run...

Same, without fail.

Uhh...Isn't sending soldiers to another person's territory kind of a bad idea? Lundgren's doing way better at starting a war than Nergal ever will.

Oh my I never considered this lol, but it's true.

Portrait_elen_fe06.png?dl=0What makes you guys qualified to laugh at him, a man who is putting his life on the line to help people? How many of you are journeying to stop rampaging bandits? How many of you dared to help people who will mock you at first opportunity? There is more to being a master of the sword than just skill and power! You have to be brave, courageous and lionhearted. You have to have a purpose you believe in. Sir glass right here is all of those things and more; you will find no finer man than him. Indeed, in that sense, he is better than every person here who dared to throw stones from their glass houses.  Mr. Blacksmith? Give me your finest sword. Now.

Who does this remind me of.......

BUT OF COURSE! I am being reminded from white mage from this LP (https://www.nuklearpower.com/2001/03/02/episode-001-were-going-where/), only that she never really was tricked like this into helping a bad guy but her way of speaking... definitely similar to it.