Eliwood and Hector's Less-than excellent adventure: Let's Ironman Hector Hard mode mostly blind! *Now completed, with a 6% survival rate!*

Benice

Spoiler
10 hours ago, Benice said:

I apologize for the slow update, but I started to play FE4, and if that game doesn't take a million years, I don't know what does.

I am probably the only person in the planet that thinks that game isn't slow. It's only as slow as you input every command.

BEGONE, FE4! I'VE HAD QUITE ENOUGH OF YOU!

You can't have enough of FE4! I'll make you listen to Chapter 2 and Chapter 8 music!

That's the one that Derek Savage had closed down, right?

It's still up  and running, I think it was only momentarily.

You just need to show her the love and encouragement she needs to believe in herself. She knows that she alone is worthy of protecting My dude and lives up to the necessary benchmarks.

Well I'm finally on my way to beat FE7 HHM! I beat Battle Before Dawn yesterday and it would have been legit except for me savestating on the last turn to rig a dodge. Point is, once I beat it I may play it again and use Florina, Fiora and all the good pegasisters to have fun.

Woah...This explains everything!

Lmao

That extra three speed would have been enough to double most enemies...

I feel you man, it really would have.

Whoopsie. I'm a legendary LPer!

Ey no worries, I guess it happens with like how much scrolling one must do, you know what, check outside the spoiler box and I'll put "Nino's replies*" So you can type that in into CTRL+F and find mine way faster

Muahahaha, I will not reply to this one either!

...Mostly because the quote system apparently requires me to have the spoiler open to quote its contents.

Yeah thre wasn't anything to mention I guess.

Unless...Jaffar can't use lockpicks or steal, right? Eh, if I miss Legault I won't have any for him to use.

Jaffar can use lockpicks but not steal.

Iln3Sp3.pngT...Thank you...I'm...So...very glad that I... am able to pass on...With you by my side... I...Love...You... Take...Care of...Elen...For me...

LZZ9C4m.pngPlease...Just hang on! Somebody will find us! I'm with you! I can't-I don't know what I'll do if you die!

DAMN! Oh no...

nT9QFj8.pngOvYX0fR.png

Au mai gauwd, im sheykig in my shoos form this p'ladin!

FE7 is a tough game I swear!

12 hours ago, Benice said:

DPAXra8.png

There's Legault! I've got plenty of time...But the Shamans blocking the door scare me.

I think it's more efficient to just go through the west room and break open the walls and talk to him that way, because that door is guarded by a sea of cavaliers and nomads that will always oh-so-conveniently block you.

AHdEsXK.png

Canas! Well, you'll be a  full-time staffbot, so I suppose that it won't matter.

Oh well, that's dissapointing... but he will double after promotion, remember that!

4W4zfFI.png

Hector got this too, which isn't a terrible way to end his unpromoted career!

It's actually great. I mean 14 speed is pretty blessed and that skill level helps a bit I guess.

GVkTUQu.pngMy dude, whatever is wrong? You look lost in thought.

cGgsqSC.pngThat thief...We've gotta catch him...But Lord Hector cannot reach him...

GVkTUQu.pngThen I shall take him there myself!

cGgsqSC.pngKent?! But-but-bu-but...

GVkTUQu.pngKeep lady Lyndis safe when I'm gone!

cGgsqSC.pngKENT!

I pray that my little gambit works. I should have brought Sain since he's useless anyways!

AND THE MAGE DIDN'T GO INTO RECOVERY MODE SO IT WAS POINTLESS.

uwZdJwQ.pngLPQpu6r.png

Kent...I'm so sorry...

Man this is actually really sad.

One hero's crest-IIRC, next chapter's boss drops one.

Do I tell you... my child... the hero crest... it... must be stolen.

jSFZ5K7.png

THIS IS WHY I DON'T RESPOND TO YOUR COMMENTS, NINO!

But yay, speed.

What else do you want? Speed is good and strength is already nice!

4JRvyCR.pngJNqdJe2.pngEXQt0Fd.png

Fantastic! Superb! Wonderful! It's almost like I DON'T want to throw my computer off a cliff!

Great. Now Florina got a level. She's just gonna continue the Hpsauce level train and ruin my day even mo-

oknRDho.png

...Wh-what? Is this...

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH! THANK YOU! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! THANK YOU FOR BEING STRONG! I LOVE YOUUUU! I've gotta propose to her one of these days...

Well those levels were unfortunate. Atleats Florina got good byt by the way weren't you two already married?

s4N152a.png

Thank you for getting this superb level now that you can't promote for another billion maps, Canas. But hey, it's the thought that counts!

I mean... that's good! Once he CAN promote it will be awesome!

M91Ve7Z.pngTeehee! I needed to give you that kiss. Good luck! I'll try to keep people from getting into the fort so they can't murder you. Toodles!

Now I wonder what will happen between Swift and Marlowe since wasn't Priscilla the girl he loved? Oh well, I guess we are having jealousy now.

Man in general I feel bad for you, like you've had the shitttiest of luck so far. I wish Kent survived... that death actually made me really care...

Nino's replies*

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got ninja'd oh well I'll reply afe wmore things here.

NIno's replies*

Spoiler
2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I will have one of these.

Fohizc9k o

Ahhh, a perfect fit.

Lmao, wait how did you edit that picture? I wish I knew how to, it would be really cool.

If I knew how I would try one of those on.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Everyone but Eltosian and The Roger: Man, FE7's pretty hard.

Eltosian: I did a perfect run of the game on original hardware. With my eyes closed.

Ruben: What is a FE7? I only know TRS.

Nino: FE7 is finally not as hard for me anymore.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I can't get over the fact that there's drama revolving around Glass. Glass.

...Then again, I had drama with Wrys and a generic soldier, so who am I to judge?

Lmao

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Whoa, that legitimately made me feel sad. And his sacrifice was for nothing, too... Sheesh. Reminds me of Pelleas. Rest in pieces, man.

Yeah, though why did he have a Heavy Spear? Could have improved chances I guess but there were also armors?

Yes this was a Ruben-centric reply.

7 hours ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Good memories there. Mostly because I've done that. At least, with the western release GBA games. Mind I like trial maps. It's always nice to get a couple optional standalone maps. (I mean, one of my favourite things in Echoes was unironically the Rise of The Deliverance DLC, and I'm pretty partial to the Archanea Saga bonus maps in FE12 as well as the three DLC originals... which in case you're wondering why I remember Belf more than Vyland. He's of some use in one of those, whereas Vyland is actually absent from the one concerning Hardin, Wolf and Roshea).

I have always been lukewarm on trial maps, as they rarely feel well tuned to kinda units and resources the player will have at endgame, and the lack of any difficulty choice makes them feel even weirder, but I rather like the Archanea saga. Although I never found that last one to be a good way to show off the Sable Order, they barely talk, none of them really hit the benchmarks they need to shine in the gameplay without the stat boosters, and by the time you have the action to waste on using an item the map is basically done with Camus doing most of the work. Them coming out of nowhere in New Mystery proper doesn't help make them that memorable either. Vyland is the least memorable of wolfguard, but all of them had a bit of screen time as conflicted villains in New Mystery, and arrive early enough in SD that you might consider using them (or intentionally killing them off for a gaiden) and I always use them briefly to get full recruitment in New Mystery. The Sable order three come in the middle of the absolutely massive cast of New Mystery, and you don't really have to use them for anything if you don't want to. Sorry for avoiding their actual names I really should have looked them up before writing this but it does kinda emphasize how little I remember them, I think there is Leiland? and ...another one? Belf I looked up for the joke in the other thread, and still remember because it is the worst name.

17 hours ago, This boi uses Nino said:

Lmao, wait how did you edit that picture? I wish I knew how to, it would be really cool.

If I knew how I would try one of those on.

Well, I have the full portrait list of Berwick Saga for easy splicing. You can find that here, if you care. I also have some experience in making portraits by splicing, as I've done my fair share of GBA splices in the past. Wouldn't call them high art, but they're easy enough on the eyes.

If you don't know what splicing is, it's basically taking existing portraits and frankensteining parts of them together to make something new. It can be something as simple as, say, putting Treck's head on Oswin's armor, but with enough effort they can end up looking completely unique.

17 hours ago, This boi uses Nino said:

Yes this was a Ruben-centric reply.

I just wanted to say I love this expression. "Ruben-centric reply". Hilarious.

18 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Not Ike x Soren

Several people are angry at you right now.

I personally prefer Ike x Random village maiden on some foreign continent post-Radiant Dawn. Because not everyone has to marry someone who they fought alongside. Ask Chrom... if you kill/marry off his other options.

18 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hah. Would you look at that. She's actually...

...17 strength!? That's not... logical! Look at her! Does she look 17 strength to you!?

She has a pretty good strength growth. I mean 40% on a Pegasus Knight. That's Matthis level strength growth.

17 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I have always been lukewarm on trial maps, as they rarely feel well tuned to kinda units and resources the player will have at endgame, and the lack of any difficulty choice makes them feel even weirder, but I rather like the Archanea saga. Although I never found that last one to be a good way to show off the Sable Order, they barely talk, none of them really hit the benchmarks they need to shine in the gameplay without the stat boosters, and by the time you have the action to waste on using an item the map is basically done with Camus doing most of the work. Them coming out of nowhere in New Mystery proper doesn't help make them that memorable either. Vyland is the least memorable of wolfguard, but all of them had a bit of screen time as conflicted villains in New Mystery, and arrive early enough in SD that you might consider using them (or intentionally killing them off for a gaiden) and I always use them briefly to get full recruitment in New Mystery. The Sable order three come in the middle of the absolutely massive cast of New Mystery, and you don't really have to use them for anything if you don't want to. Sorry for avoiding their actual names I really should have looked them up before writing this but it does kinda emphasize how little I remember them, I think there is Leiland? and ...another one? Belf I looked up for the joke in the other thread, and still remember because it is the worst name.

Personally, I'm of the opinion the Sable Knights were intended as characters that were canonically executed when Camus was captured, as it's obvious they weren't around with Nyna after the mission. New Mystery obviously retconned that (kind of like how it retconned the part where Michalis is supposed to die after giving over a certain tome, or how most of the Wolf Guard turned Camus and had to be killed). That said, I feel being one of a handful of units in a chapter that you can use (like the Sable Knights in Archanea Saga) as opposed to being a unit you only use to recruit a unit and then forget makes any Sable more relevant than Vyland... or Sedgar if he hadn't... you know, been given those growths. I do like Wolf and Roshea though (Hardin too, despite all the shit I'm giving him in the other thread). As for the others, I always remember Roberto for being a horseman and temporarily sharing his name with my personal favourite (odd choice I know) from Thracia. Who was also a mounted bow user. The other guy, who I swear was Leidern is apparently Reiden... and my personal pick for the least memorable Sable. Just because I apparently forgot his name. Or it was changed. Not sure. Belf though is memorable for a bad name, bad haircut, and a support with Ca... Sirius where he works him out.

9 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, I have the full portrait list of Berwick Saga for easy splicing. You can find that here, if you care. I also have some experience in making portraits by splicing, as I've done my fair share of GBA splices in the past. Wouldn't call them high art, but they're easy enough on the eyes.

Ah yeah, but you did mention before that it contains some possible spoilers, I'm basically talking about editingstuff, guess I'll have to use paint and free-form select my face or something.

If you don't know what splicing is, bla bla bla, only read this if you're an idiot that can't beat FE7 

Well I could do without the insult :P But yeah I do know what splicing is.

I just wanted to say I love this expression. "Ruben-centric reply". Hilarious.

In the same light, I love how you described splicing as "frankensteining". Genius.

9 hours ago, This boi uses Nino said:

I'm basically talking about editingstuff

Ahh... Well, I use paint.net, which isn't a website, but rather an image editing program. It's simpler than the likes of gimp, but very easy to use.

Well I could do without the insult 😛

Insult? I never meant to insult you... though I suppose it was stupid of me to imagine you didn't know what splicing is. I apologize.

In the same light, I love how you described splicing as "frankensteining". Genius.

Hah! Well, see? You got something out of the completely redundant and obvious explanation, after all!

17 hours ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

New Mystery obviously retconned that

By making them follow Marth through Anri's way on their own and nonchalantly appearing in a volcano. Kris and Jagen are having a hell of a time just standing there, but these guys don't care. How badass is that?

17 hours ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

The other guy, who I swear was Leidern is apparently Reiden... and my personal pick for the least memorable Sable. Just because I apparently forgot his name. Or it was changed. Not sure.

Leiden in the OG fanslation, Reiden in heroes. Anyway, Leiden has the fact that he's the best of them as a unit. Belf and Leiden are both legitimately good units, with awesome bases, high enough level to make them into fine instapromotes, and a few levels to grow even higher if you baby them a little bit in the ice dragon chapter. Leiden has a better growths and a speed lead, which I feel gives him an edge over Belf, but they're both great.

Really, the only reason to use someone like Cain over them is recognition bias, because other than coming in a few chapters later, those two kick every cavalier, aside from the 7th platoon and Camus, completely out of the park. Heck, they kick plenty of other units out of the park too. Their only issue is iffy availability.

Eyyy, that turned out to be a Nino-centric reply! Mostly.

On 6/9/2020 at 6:14 AM, twilitfalchion said:

It's also why I do ship Ike x Lethe instead of Ike x Elincia as my Ike OTP.

On 6/9/2020 at 2:45 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

Not Ike x Soren

I'm not one of them. The only ship I have for Ike is Ike x Nonexistence, because I enjoy his games so much more when he's not present. Not because he's a bad character or anything, but because all of his chapters in his games are so easy that I can't stand playing through them (which, yes, means the entirety of FE9). I'm not sure if I've already explained this in this thread, that's why I'm saying it again. Sorry for being so annoying, I just don't want to get jumped by a mob of angry Ike fans because I dissed their boi. Oh, who am I kidding, I'm gonna get jumped anyway... please have mercy!

16 hours ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

I personally prefer Ike x Random village maiden on some foreign continent post-Radiant Dawn. Because not everyone has to marry someone who they fought alongside. Ask Chrom... if you kill/marry off his other options.

If there is going to be so much Ike shipping going around I might as well add my two cents. From an Ike perspective I prefer Ike x Nobody, as he acts very asexual throughout both games, and that is a rarity, although from a Soren perspective I rather like Soren x Ike, as that acerbic little tactician deserves his little bit of joy. Either way Priam can be the decedent of the Radiant Hero in the same way Marth is the descendant of Anri.

Personally, I'm of the opinion the Sable Knights were intended as characters that were canonically executed when Camus was captured, as it's obvious they weren't around with Nyna after the mission. New Mystery obviously retconned that (kind of like how it retconned the part where Michalis is supposed to die after giving over a certain tome, or how most of the Wolf Guard turned Camus and had to be killed).

That makes sense.

That said, I feel being one of a handful of units in a chapter that you can use (like the Sable Knights in Archanea Saga) as opposed to being a unit you only use to recruit a unit and then forget makes any Sable more relevant than Vyland... or Sedgar if he hadn't... you know, been given those growths. I do like Wolf and Roshea though (Hardin too, despite all the shit I'm giving him in the other thread).

I get where you are coming from, the Sable Order have that map where they are the only options, which is bigger than any of the Wolfguard's appearance, but the Wolfguard have multiple minor ones even when you aren't using any of these units, which I find more memorable when taken together. Hardin and the Wolfguard are force deployed in a way where they have to fend for themselves for a few turns in FE11 chapter 5, and they act as a part of the timer for FE12 chapter 18 (as them suiciding on your troops is what keeps you from just taking the cavs out before visiting the village, if you can), as well as the mentioned recruitment chain of FE12 chapter 19.

As for the others, I always remember Roberto for being a horseman and temporarily sharing his name with my personal favourite (odd choice I know) from Thracia. Who was also a mounted bow user. The other guy, who I swear was Leidern is apparently Reiden... and my personal pick for the least memorable Sable. Just because I apparently forgot his name. Or it was changed. Not sure. Belf though is memorable for a bad name, bad haircut, and a support with Ca... Sirius where he works him out.

Yeah Leidan (which is apparently his name from the translation I last played) is what I find the least memorable of the three as well (I didn't remember Roberto's name before due to confusion with the FE5 Robert).

Also I don't find the preference for Robert that odd, I find all the bow units of Thracia rather likable, and have always saved a main slot for one each playthrough. It started with a Tanya so stat bless I had to user her, and then I saw how much fun Mekkkah was having with Ronan, so I used him on the next run, and it sorta became a tradition to use a different bow user each run; next was Selphina on my ironman (poor girl died in the bloodbath of endgame), and Robet has a slot reserved on my next run.

17 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Really, the only reason to use someone like Cain over them is recognition bias, because other than coming in a few chapters later, those two kick every cavalier, aside from the 7th platoon and Camus, completely out of the park. Heck, they kick plenty of other units out of the park too. Their only issue is iffy availability.

Eyyy, that turned out to be a Nino-centric reply! Mostly.

Funnily enough I think the only base class cavalier I have ever used long term in FE12 is Cam- Sirius, and if he wasn't needed for the best ending I am not sure I would have even done that. FE12's cast is just so massive compared to deployment slots, plus the lure of double triangle attacks tempts me too much.

8 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ahh... Well, I use paint.net, which isn't a website, but rather an image editing program. It's simpler than the likes of gimp, but very easy to use.

Wait you used paint.net for that?! Well I need to learn how to use the program more.

Insult? I never meant to insult you... though I suppose it was stupid of me to imagine you didn't know what splicing is. I apologize.

At ease it was a jest lord Ruben. If you see the quoting part, I bolded something that you absolutely didn't say at all, for pure joking matter the apologizing dishonor should go to me for such foul tactics and not to you! Great now we're Berwick Saga characters 

Hah! Well, see? You got something out of the completely redundant and obvious explanation, after all!

Of course, speaking with other human beings always brings the result of one's self growth through knowledge!

sorry Benice, you don't need to quote this crap if it doesn't have "Nino's replies*" in it, those would also be spoilered because of their longer nature.

2 minutes ago, This boi uses Nino said:

At ease it was a jest lord Ruben. If you see the quoting part, I bolded something that you absolutely didn't say at all, for pure joking matter the apologizing dishonor should go to me for such foul tactics and not to you!

Oh. I... I just got it, yeah...

I am a big dum-dum who uses big words. Preposterous!

Spoiler

@Benice this instant must be like:

MzmpUG6.jpg

Nino's replies* Yes this counts

If you don't get this trash, it's basically the new trend in Latin American Memes, where strange idiotic editing is put together with no rhyme or reason and then some arabic text is placed on top. I don't think it means anything in most cases. The meme above is rather tame though, compared to the most volatile arabicposting.

Alright Benice, I got around to doing my final chapter. One reset due to Eliwood being Eliwood. No deaths. NIce.

MY TEAM:

Hector the boss. He maxed strength, speed, and defense. He was unstoppable, slaughtering all who stood in his path. Armies fled before him. He doubled the fire dragon, even with Armads, and got the last blow with his trusty Wolf Beil.

Eliwood, the max strength and everything else below 20. He cost me a reset this level because I accidently placed him in the fire dragon's range with Durandal equipped (he got doubled with it.) He made me think about how he is the only lord capable of one-shotting the fire dragon, and the only one who can do it without luna (which I had to do without, as Canas had my only luna when he perished.)

Lyn, the level 17 normal lord with 3 defense and 25 hp. She got to cower in a corner.

Athos, the one and only. Dude was incredibly helpful. No luna was irritating but I got through it.

Nils, the Bard. Gosh I love dancers. they are so helpful.

Heath, the true lord of the run. Carried me through so much. Heath is such a good unit.

Legault, thief guy. Only lockpick dude who decided to stay alive.

Pent, the literal demon of a pre promote. Dude is so helpful no matter what.

Louise, the sniper I didn't want to kill. stayed alive. good job.

Nino, staff utility. Early promotion for healing.

Renault, other staff utility. Slightly better at healing then Nino.

My dude Saga, chapter help: A bad and depressing update in several ways.

It was a bad idea to try to make a custom map to end the Dragon's gate arc. Sorry about the delay, but the map was just taking forever to make.

And I didn't even finish it because I just want to give an update for once. As such, this update is a really weird amalgamation where I dump the story from what would have happened in the side chapter and an actual update.

However, the updates will likely come really quickly for a little bit!

The replies:

Spoiler
On 6/9/2020 at 3:11 AM, The Roger The Paladin said:

Let's try this shall we?

Hide contents

Apart from the whole dying from existing because Manakete in Elibe thing.

Minor problem, y'know? They must have really bad husbandos in the dragon realm.

Ruben maintains that Roy x Cecilia does not ever happen. You know, because teacher student relations.

I somewhat prefer Roy x Cecilia to Serra x Oswin... Although it probably has more entertainment value in the supports.

That's an absolute Kentastophe.

Bad puns aside... I can see the game being an absolute nightmare from here. Good luck with that. You might need it.

Thanks. I have a pretty decent core team, so as long as one of Florina, Oswin or Raven don't die, I'm fine!

On 6/9/2020 at 4:25 AM, Eltosian Kadath said:

Hope you are enjoying FE4, despite it slower pace.

I've ranted a lot already, but I'll just say that I can't recall another time where I've had this much anti-fun playing a game.

All it did was let you skip Lyn mode, and unlock part of the epilogue we get in the US version (The PAL version doesn't have the scenes at all) with FE6 cleared games in Japan (instead of stupidly many game completions). You can also link all of the GBA games with Path of Radiance with the odd GBA-GC attachment, but all it does is unlock GBA character portraits, and some extra trial maps...

That's weird, but a Lyn-mode skip is worth its weight in gold.

I don't know if I would call that run perfect, I did mine glitch after successfully killing Kishuna on Genesis to prevent the horseshit that map becomes after Kishuna leaves, plus that run was filled with resets, and incredibly dumb decisions I was too stubborn to correct (I brought Bartre and Karla to endgame...thank goodness Athos can solo those maps or I never would have made it).

That's still super impressive, man!

Assasins can use lockpicks, but they lose the ability to steal. Than again I have no idea how you will get a lockpick for him.

FANTASTRICO. I CAN'T EVEN USE NINO ANYMORE BECAUSE I HAVE ONLY ONE MASTER SEAL.

Well, unless Canas dies.

Shamans? Oh no Benice, you need to rush for the closer door, with the breakable wall...

I missed that completely...

Oh this is getting tragic...

RIP Kent.

Oh boy. Let me try to give you some idea of what you are up against for getting these promotion items

First you the next boss doesn't drop a Hero's crest you have to steal it from him, which isn't an option for you, but you can still get one on the desert map. Just be careful, on my successful ironman I didn't even get close to the Hero's Crest before Pent ended the map, so intentionally leaving an enemy or two alive (maybe even rescuing Pent with a flyer) to give you more search time might be necessary.

Desert map? Looks like I'm gonna be spending a looooong time in there. I know there's stuff by the skeletons and one in the middle of nowhere...I just hope I don't miss out on the Hero Crest. Raven's been a boss through the whole run!

I seem to remember the Elysian Whip next chapter being slightly at risk of being destroyed by brigands if you aren't moving fast enough in the fog (than again there are a lot of flyers to ruin your day on that map as well...). The second is easy to get from chapter 25 if your fliers are still alive.

Flyers? This will be fun.

You need to kill Eubans on chapter 22 to get the Knights crest, which is not easy to do in HHM. You really have to push with your units to reach him in a fairly dense defend map filled with reinforcements and underwhelming recruits(much as I like all three of them, none of them can really hold their own when they join).

I've got Oswin, so he just needs to walk up to Eubans and he's a dead ducc!

The ocean seal is incredibly easy to get in HHM, as long as you lookup the hidden treasure on the desert map.

I won't look it up, but I do know where it is!

It will have to be an Earth Seal, as you need thieves to get all of the Guiding Rings. Fortunately both version of 24 have one hiding in villages.

You know, this game does a really bad job at giving you replacement units, especially since all of the ones that do show up arrive super late. In terms of non-prepromotes, there are next to none!

I miss the good ol' days of Binding Blade where you got tons of replacement units who were serviceable.

Ouch. I had a lot (I would really like to emphasize the word LOT here) of failed ironman runs of FE7, and am probably one of the few other people who dragged an ironman run with no healer or thief all the way to that mad dash for Legualt in the vain hope he could fix all that run's problems. Instead the run died, so I sympathize with your suffering.

Oof!

On 6/9/2020 at 5:41 AM, The Roger The Paladin said:

Good memories there. Mostly because I've done that. At least, with the western release GBA games. Mind I like trial maps. It's always nice to get a couple optional standalone maps. (I mean, one of my favourite things in Echoes was unironically the Rise of The Deliverance DLC, and I'm pretty partial to the Archanea Saga bonus maps in FE12 as well as the three DLC originals... which in case you're wondering why I remember Belf more than Vyland. He's of some use in one of those, whereas Vyland is actually absent from the one concerning Hardin, Wolf and Roshea).
You played binding blade in Japanese?

I also stubbornly brought Bartre to endgame after using him to get Karla. But I didn't waste a deployment slot on Karla ever and still have 0 of her supports. I'd like to say Bartre contributed something, but what he contributed to that run was two resets. Mind it was my first time in Hector mode (not even HHM)... and I've gotten quite a bit better since then. To be honest, that's about my experience with Bartre in this game... because I've never wanted to use him again after that. Basically, the experience taught me one major thing. Bartre's growths may be way better than Dorcas... but existing stats are worth more than potential stats more often than not.
Sounds like Bartre.

Whereas when I played the game Ironman style... I settled for EHM as opposed to HHM. There's quite a world of difference. Though the intent always was to go back and do the other later (as two back to back runs of the same game wasn't something I planned).

Is EHM actually difficult?

On 6/9/2020 at 6:14 AM, twilitfalchion said:

That's exactly why I don't ship Hector x Florina, or any opposite personality ships. They're typically too contrasting to work well in my mind (even if they are fictional). It's also why I do ship Ike x Lethe instead of Ike x Elincia as my Ike OTP.

Florina x Benice is the only viable ship.

Nice tie-in to FE6.

Yeet.

He's fulfilling his promise that he Wil be as useful to you as he can.

Just four more speed and he'll be a threat! I sure hope that he's better than Louise...

Don't mess with Hector. He may be obnoxious, but he's the best Lord gameplay-wise and one of the best units in the game.

tumblr_p0ii3pC9yS1r4c9wto1_500.gifv

He's sorta like a midgame Jagen IMO-but only because his promotion is both bad and late in his mode. But he's totally a champ on the battle field.

Awww...their interactions are pretty cute. Oh, and teehee!

Teehee!

-----------------

It was definitely worth waiting for this update, even if you did let Kent die (and I totally did not in my playthrough)

First Kent, then Noish? You really hate levelheaded cavaliers. Oscar needs to watch his back!

Very happy to see that Helen won't die. Perhaps Erk is useful for something after all.

We'll seeeeee...

Looking forward to the next one!

Well, after three centuries, it's finally here!

On 6/9/2020 at 10:07 AM, Hello72207 said:

Especially an underleveled Serra that's been stat screwed.

Is Hawkeye worse than I remember?

if you beat it in around 20 turns, I think.

Oh dear...That may give me some troubles.

I did a sacred stones +10% ironman was a hard-set one, took me 4 tries.

I'm gonna have to try that one of these days.

Assasins can use lockpicks, no stealing though.

Jeez, what's even the point in promoting them, then? Training thieves is kinda pointless even with a promotion...I am so glad that FE8 added Rogues since I've always found Lethality to be really bad-Low activation, and a crit kills anyways 9/10.

YAAAYYYYYYYY

Nope, it needs to be stolen.

REEEEEE

Ah no, not in front of Florina Benice.

I am sorry, Florina! I didn't mean it!

So wait, you are playing FE4, an ironman, AND a draft race at the same time.

A-yup. I'm not good at staying focused...

On 6/9/2020 at 2:45 PM, Saint Rubenio said:
  Hide contents

I will have one of these.

Fohizc9k o

Ahhh, a perfect fit.

More nightmares! Yaey!

How dare you, I'll kill you.

This is slowly becoming another one of my catchphrases, and that is not good.

I should start counting these!

Not to worry. Back in FE12, I broke every single one of the rules, too. It's really all about the entertainment value.

Is it even there, though?

"He crit him! Yeah"

Top 10 famous last words

That moment when Caeda gets an eight percent crit then Jagen is on the recieving end of a one percent crit.

Until she dies 10 years later because dragons randomly die faster in the human world, according to FE7.

It's okay, because Jahn is Chaz Aria LLC but a psycopath and can therefore survive for a few millenia.

Ignore the fact that Yahn and Idoun lived for a thousand years. I guess they were hibernating, so they don't count?

"Iduun goofed"-FE7's writers when they disrupt canon.

Hot take: People think that FE7's plot is really good because of nostalgia- IMO it's got the worst one out of the games I've played/seen people play.

Ruben: What is a FE7? I only know TRS.

What is a Guenchaos? I only know Erga.

Actually, I just remembered that I did lose exactly one update once. A server shutdown due to forum maintenance ate it. That's the only time, though.

Lucky ducky!

I can't get over the fact that there's drama revolving around Glass. Glass.

...Then again, I had drama with Wrys and a generic soldier, so who am I to judge?

Ah yes, Sid the soldier, the random soldier from chapter 2. And Wrys.

No! But... the power of the monocle...! How could it fail!?

T'was a Canasty surprise when he got a bad level.

Renault to the rescue! I knew he was my favorite for a reason!

Yaey!

Whoa, that legitimately made me feel sad. And his sacrifice was for nothing, too... Sheesh. Reminds me of Pelleas. Rest in pieces, man.

Hey, Kent gets spared from seeing Lyn die 1,000, 000, 000 times in the lategame where she gets ORKO'd!

I am so sorry. That's... really all I can think to say. This is kind of a disaster...

This run has been a totall Zuccsessszss

Jesus Christ...

Hah. Would you look at that. She's actually...

...17 strength!? That's not... logical! Look at her! Does she look 17 strength to you!?

MY1XsU9.jpg

You know, the red flags keep piling up on top of Marlowe. I don't think I like that.

OwO! IS MARLOWE NEXT?

...Nah, I think it'll look like he's gonna die, but then Derrick is going to come out of nowhere to save him. We still haven't seen him, after all.

He was actually featured in the custom map which I've scrapped. Apologies.

Why, yes, I'm making up theories about your fanfic. You should feel flattered.

Ourae!

Not Ike x Soren

I'm not one of them. The only ship I have for Ike is Ike x Nonexistence, because I enjoy his games so much more when he's not present. Not because he's a bad character or anything, but because all of his chapters in his games are so easy that I can't stand playing through them (which, yes, means the entirety of FE9). I'm not sure if I've already explained this in this thread, that's why I'm saying it again. Sorry for being so annoying, I just don't want to get jumped by a mob of angry Ike fans because I dissed their boi. Oh, who am I kidding, I'm gonna get jumped anyway... please have mercy!

Controvurshul opinonz!

On 6/9/2020 at 2:45 PM, This boi uses Nino said:
  Hide contents

I am probably the only person in the planet that thinks that game isn't slow. It's only as slow as you input every command.

I can see WHY people like FE4. I just really don't like it.

You can't have enough of FE4! I'll make you listen to Chapter 2 and Chapter 8 music!

PLEASE NO! Chapter 4 and Verdane's theme are the only acceptable FE4 pieces!

It's still up  and running, I think it was only momentarily.

Wack.

Well I'm finally on my way to beat FE7 HHM! I beat Battle Before Dawn yesterday and it would have been legit except for me savestating on the last turn to rig a dodge. Point is, once I beat it I may play it again and use Florina, Fiora and all the good pegasisters to have fun.

That's great! You now have the optimal Harem of pegawaifus.

Lmao

I feel you man, it really would have.

I really wished they'd buffed his speed by two so he can actually double in Lyn mode and that Rebecca started with waaay higher bases in strength and spped.

Ey no worries, I guess it happens with like how much scrolling one must do, you know what, check outside the spoiler box and I'll put "Nino's replies*" So you can type that in into CTRL+F and find mine way faster

Paving the way in QoL improvements!

Yeah thre wasn't anything to mention I guess.

Jaffar can use lockpicks but not steal.

DAMN! Oh no...

This chapter couldn't have gone much worse. Actually, it could have; I nearly killed Canas and Oswin because the endless swarm of mages and armor knights nearly broke all of my equipment.

FE7 is a tough game I swear!

To be fair, Oswin is really tough. But still pathetiq.

I think it's more efficient to just go through the west room and break open the walls and talk to him that way, because that door is guarded by a sea of cavaliers and nomads that will always oh-so-conveniently block you.

I actually didn't notice the door. I would have reached him if I had...

Oh well, that's dissapointing... but he will double after promotion, remember that!

Will he, though? His promotion's in...I think chapter 25? By then, his speed still may not be enough to double much.

It's actually great. I mean 14 speed is pretty blessed and that skill level helps a bit I guess.

Yeah; in my first attempt on this chapter when legault Left, he got speed, strength, skill and defense, so he'd actually still be an asset for quite a while. I mean, he still will, but one less chapter where he doubles.

Man this is actually really sad.

RIP Kent.

Do I tell you... my child... the hero crest... it... must be stolen.

Stolen, just like my dreams for a good ironman and entertaining LP.

What else do you want? Speed is good and strength is already nice!

Skill, my man! You can't hit for beans!

Well those levels were unfortunate. Atleats Florina got good byt by the way weren't you two already married?

Nope! They were separated after the events of Lyn mode by Marcus and only reunited in Noble Lady of Caelin-Technically, My dude's only been dating Florina for a few weeks.

..And you do know that My dude's not a self-insert, right? A proper self-insert would use Gheb's portrait.

I mean... that's good! Once he CAN promote it will be awesome!

If he gets speed a few more times, he actually could be amazing!

Now I wonder what will happen between Swift and Marlowe since wasn't Priscilla the girl he loved? Oh well, I guess we are having jealousy now.
Shipping wars time!
Man in general I feel bad for you, like you've had the shitttiest of luck so far. I wish Kent survived... that death actually made me really care...

Naw, I actually had decent-ish luck. Nobody who was really important died. It sucks that Kent died, but it's not like I have enough knight's crests to go around, right?

Nino's replies*

On 6/11/2020 at 11:39 AM, This boi uses Nino said:
  Hide contents

@Benice this instant must be like:

MzmpUG6.jpg

Nino's replies* Yes this counts

If you don't get this trash, it's basically the new trend in Latin American Memes, where strange idiotic editing is put together with no rhyme or reason and then some arabic text is placed on top. I don't think it means anything in most cases. The meme above is rather tame though, compared to the most volatile arabicposting.

I do not know what I have seen, but I was a happier man before I did. Here, I'll return the favor with another cursed image:

QxED5ZC.png

On 6/11/2020 at 1:48 PM, Hello72207 said:

Alright Benice, I got around to doing my final chapter. One reset due to Eliwood being Eliwood. No deaths. NIce.

Flex time!

MY TEAM:

Hector the boss. He maxed strength, speed, and defense. He was unstoppable, slaughtering all who stood in his path. Armies fled before him. He doubled the fire dragon, even with Armads, and got the last blow with his trusty Wolf Beil.

He capped speed?! Cheesus!

Eliwood, the max strength and everything else below 20. He cost me a reset this level because I accidently placed him in the fire dragon's range with Durandal equipped (he got doubled with it.) He made me think about how he is the only lord capable of one-shotting the fire dragon, and the only one who can do it without luna (which I had to do without, as Canas had my only luna when he perished.)

Not bad, not great. Durandal low-key sucks in this game.

Lyn, the level 17 normal lord with 3 defense and 25 hp. She got to cower in a corner.

Oof.

Athos, the one and only. Dude was incredibly helpful. No luna was irritating but I got through it.

Nils, the Bard. Gosh I love dancers. they are so helpful.

Heath, the true lord of the run. Carried me through so much. Heath is such a good unit.

Hopefully mine's actually good!

Legault, thief guy. Only lockpick dude who decided to stay alive.

Pent, the literal demon of a pre promote. Dude is so helpful no matter what.

Louise, the sniper I didn't want to kill. stayed alive. good job.

Nino, staff utility. Early promotion for healing.

Renault, other staff utility. Slightly better at healing then Nino.

On 6/11/2020 at 2:10 PM, Pengaius said:

Ah fuck, I Kent believe you've done this. 

Oy...

The part where I regret my life decisions:

Spoiler

zumwQlW.pngAny word on the battle outside?

gA0n8AM.pngThe intruders near here are nearly overwhelmed. However, it seems that the other army has made it deep into the Dragon's Gate.

zumwQlW.pngThat's not good. Boss won't be happy if he has to deal with these worms himself.

ArEi4kA.png(Intruders near here are nearly overwhelmed? Oh no...I need to hurry!)

5RPLYTm.pngJerrot, have you seen Swift or Marlowe recently? ... Jerrot?

eukFoX3.pngI haven't seen him or Juno in a while. I don't think that it'd be a stretch to say that their absences being simultaneous is not a coincidence.

5RPLYTm.pngOh well. We'll be leaving the dread isle soon, so I suppose they don't have to put off their romance as much any more.

zcLPBgx.png.. .... ....!

5RPLYTm.pngEh? Who goes there?!

zcLPBgx.png.... ......! . .. ... .... .....!

5RPLYTm.pngWot's that? Speak up!

zcLPBgx.png... ...

eukFoX3.pngI don't think he's here to fight, Lawrence.

5RPLYTm.pngCAPTAIN Lawrence!

zcLPBgx.png(Oy vey...)

eukFoX3.pngCome sit by the fire, Friend. What's your name?

zcLPBgx.png.. .... .. Derricc .....

Jsl3B8J.pngUh...Captain Lawrence? We've got a situation. I followed Jerrot and Juno into the woods to make sure they stayed out of trouble...

5RPLYTm.pngAnd you heard Jerrot try to flirt? You poor girl...

Jsl3B8J.pngSomehow, I saw something worse. It appears that Swift and Marlowe left on a mission to rescue the girl Marlowe saw when we first got here. She was fighting really well, but she wasn't going to hold out forever. Jerrot and Juno jumped in to help, but I think that they are gonna need some more support.

5RPLYTm.pngI don't like having to leave our camp undefended.

zcLPBgx.png. ....... .... I'll go .. ....

Jsl3B8J.pngWho is this?

eukFoX3.pngDerricc. I shall help you too. Lawrence, you're a capable defender. I suppose that you'll have to hold down the fort!

Jsl3B8J.pngBut Lady Lauris, you're injured!

eukFoX3.pngI'm still the fastest caster on Elibe, Brunnya. I can hold my own.

5RPLYTm.pngStay safe. If you're not back by sundown, I'm leaving to find you guys. Now hurry up and get going!

LZZ9C4m.png... (I've been at this Bishop's hut for hours and still haven't heard anything about Helen... I... She has to be alive, right?)

VGASbAu.png...

LZZ9C4m.pngMr. Renault?

VGASbAu.png...

LZZ9C4m.pngHow is Helen doing?

VGASbAu.pngIt's...It is not looking good. There is some kind of poison on the arrows. There is a hope- but a very small one.

LZZ9C4m.pngOh no...

ArEi4kA.pngThis cell is empty...So is this one...And this one...And this one too... Where are you, Priscilla?

4qJS2Ah.pngMarlowe? Marlowe, is that your voice?

ArEi4kA.pngPriscilla!

4qJS2Ah.pngMarlowe! After all of these years! I...I've missed you so much...Oh, Marlowe...

ArEi4kA.pngI've missed you too...But we'll have to catch up later, or Swift will go down!

4qJS2Ah.pngSwift? Who is Swift?

ArEi4kA.pngSwift? She's my...uh... (Is she my girlfriend? I don't know if I should be advertizing that if I'm not sure...) Er....She's...

4qJS2Ah.pngI understand. Let us get a move on so she doesn't get hurt.

M91Ve7Z.pngUrgh! Where are all of these people coming from?!

zcN79QK.pngI'm not sure we can hold 'em off much longer, guys!

Vw9ibI9.pngWhere is Marlowe?! He'd better get his arse over here right now!

M91Ve7Z.pngHe'll be here soon! I know it! Oh! He's here! He made it!

Vw9ibI9.pngAbout time...

ArEi4kA.pngYou're okay!

4qJS2Ah.pngIs anyone wounded? I can heal you!

Vw9ibI9.pngI'm outta here before it's too late! I'll carry you, lady Lauris!

eukFoX3.pngThank you.

zcN79QK.pngToodles!

M91Ve7Z.pngMarlowe! Thank goodness you're all right!

ArEi4kA.pngJust start running away, Swift! I'll create a diversion!

M91Ve7Z.pngNo chance you're doing that! You're coming back with me in one piece, whether you like it or not! You're too darned cute to die on me!

4qJS2Ah.pngLooks like I'm all alone again. If only I'd asked Erk out sooner, I'd not be singl-

zcLPBgx.png..... ...!

4qJS2Ah.pngHmm? Oh, are you one of our allies? I'll carry you to safety.

CWpsfbM.pngQDkbiZE.pngN82gOw1.png5YRteIK.pngRgy7t1L.pngMFNIm8r.pngSkwveUw.pngvECUZ0L.pngUjkyRa1.pngFgzC7Pu.pngIwvzT92.pnglFpzriK.png

Or we can just have Hector pick you up while Eliwood takes Ninian.

CspETPP.pngfyPoO1D.pngEsMMT6y.pngJ5Fqoj7.pngMmnxHQ0.pngLfuMBoN.png

What is this?! Hector's being the bigbrain one today!

CDaoIGN.pngx2QETsr.pngQdIOOS8.pngODjXFZv.png9boswG0.pngdhAQRh1.pngMkFzZ2M.pngO8w7ETL.png8EyLYJY.pngff8PHC3.pngFKwwkrE.png

Why not?! He probably would struggle to hit Florina!

SrXhPMM.pngJc3k2Ug.png

Come on! Come up with a better reason to make us not leave! Like, I know he's powerful in the game's lore, but I'm fairly certain that Oswin, Marcus or a promoted Kent, Sain or Lowen could take him. Have an army show up or something! Put up one of those magic barriers you use in Pale Flower of Darkness!

J8C3Awt.pngHc8ed1X.pngdLBwhde.pngsIYj7Pl.pngbW5WOUW.png

BUT WE ARE! WE COULD TOTALLY TAKE HIM DOWN! HE DOESN'T EVEN GET HM BONUSES!

Ke9kB4o.pngMcBDhaS.pngrqrUcv3.png

...And he just leaves. If Jaffar is the reason we aren't moving, can't we get going now?

uyZLXYQ.pngESxQC2A.pngwCae2wE.pngj9ypkvx.pngBwWoFdC.png

FOR GOD'S SAKE, JUST FRICKIN' LEAVE!

JcbwWFy.pngfuL4zVE.pngRzf4pkI.pngRNELJNz.png1Pg7zr1.pngEGmR15E.pngcsQl4yN.png

Eliwood, were you not carrying Ninian?

LZpZjmD.pngagrhtfU.pngErPVw0Z.png

PZ9XgUM.pngdn3MV7q.png1HOPRFb.pngXEHB1hH.pngmcRps3i.pngG1mlxK7.png

Wait, isn't that the CG they use in the endgame? And I guess Ninian is building her Husbando Harem.

uZ4ErW3.pngEuZt3xv.png

oaeIVit.png

That's what she said!

Sorry.

psSWAny.pngFrPYHCf.png

Mb6DK6t.png

Well said, Ephidel. Couldn't agree more.

rrTA4fM.pngT5SrwfI.pngwcnOzUA.png

EXCELLENT JOB STOPPING NILS, EPHIDEL! IT'S NOT LIKE YOU CAN JUST, I DUNNO, STAB HIM! AND WHY COULD NILS GET IN, BUT WE CAN'T JUST WALK OUT?!

JBiywD9.pngUrWbZUs.png

*Etc* This goes on for quite a while. Ephidel does nothing.

Ephidel: Stop that, Nils!

Nils: No.

Ephidel: My job here is done!

fKc2cbO.png

The dragon is crumbling?

81TFc9b.pngEOG5qdL.pngFzWaCGl.pnghUCzAJy.pngIsblh58.png

I mean, you could always just teleport like you have the last twenty times it was convienient.

xrVR3KW.png

Yci4c02.pngxgI4dAL.png5UnNIdd.pngY6FwzgY.png

IF NOT FOR THE FACT THAT YOU STOOD AROUND FOR LIKE THIRTY SECONDS WHILE NILS GAVE AN INSPIRATIONAL SPEECH...

XEelkIx.png46NNyCw.pngyOAe5nf.pngrlTI7oK.png

0qBocJC.png

Erga is a canadian?! I feel ashamed of my heritage now...

UncA3Nm.pngQU0ndcR.png

nMazIgr.png5Mc1Mka.pnga82JvUH.pngoaoos9a.pngE9bmf3J.pngriBlLxD.pngxvUQ5Pw.pngQ4YlZ76.pngWY5Wy8P.pngndu2Nr5.pngbEiyrwQ.pngkTQHIsk.pngbTDpgkE.png6yVNhDG.png

When you provoke the wrong person with Elbert in Berwick Saga

zcN79QK.pngOof....We're here...

5RPLYTm.pngYou all made it back! I found the army that we're meant to be assisting. Looks like we'll all be heading back to Badon in one piece!

eukFoX3.pngWhat about Glass and Helen? Have they returned yet?

5RPLYTm.pngNo...Not yet. I'm certain they'll be back soon, though! As long as they've got each other, they'll be fine!

zcN79QK.pngThere he is! Glass is back!

eukFoX3.pngI am glad that you are safe.

Vw9ibI9.pngYipee!

5RPLYTm.pngGlass, my man! I'm glad you're alive...Where's Helen?

LZZ9C4m.pngI-Helen...She's not- She didn't... Helen...She passed away...

M91Ve7Z.pngSAY WHAT?!

3lndl8i.png4a79bwI.pngtMLR7lB.pngw8qfvHx.pngsjg4cB5.png

hmjBODL.png

ZyZd7iC.pngpFkJQry.png

*Insert really long exposition dump about quintessence and Eliwood's dad being a champ*

Enny'ow, the blacc feng is here to ruin our day. Again.

vO3WIWd.png

Time for me to late promote Wil! I know it's a pitfall, but he's terrible both before and after promotion!

OeQiAbz.pngLBS5Bg5.pngOfwrR7j.png1O1E4sN.png

Not too shabby! Still slower than Arden, but stronk!

Before we start, let's take a look at our inventory.

TTvAz8x.png

All three swords I have, ladies and gentlemen. Eliwood has the longsword, Lyn has the Mani katti.

95oHTSy.png

I'm actually sort of alright in terms of lances. Sort of.

y2OBjm6.png

What is an axe?

EVXecYl.png

Plenty of bows!

vXE2HdL.png

LOL imagine having a healer.

T5GN3iI.png

LOL imagine having a mage.

k80J3QD.png

LOL imagine having a Lucius.

nvMmFBw.png

LOL imagine having a properly equipped Canas.

FMPmkYu.png

Anyways, I forgot the screenshot of the deployment, but it's insanely tight again, so no Fiora or Dart.

JOw5CkJ.png

Nils! Thank you for explaining that dragons cannot exist on Elibe to set up the part when Ninian decides to abandon you.

CktULN4.png

Alas, nine def/res ain't enough to tank everything with no damage, but she's still amazing and is a dancer.

Thankfully, there is a shop next to where we start!

8fOippp.png

EQUIPMENT! ALL OF THE EQUIPMENT IS MINE!!!!

lVbBqy6.png

Much better!

NVsN5iF.pngjtMf8Cd.png

For some reason I still have some torches, so let's put 'em to use in yet another Fog of War chapter!

1vAzlCW.png

Nice! Eliwood can finally do something!

6OOG9ze.pngD27Ao2k.pngu0hRThI.pngLzpJTNX.png

Well, speed is good.

CrIlD7X.png

Canas equips himself with some Flux Tape.

AA1oudd.pngFwU4WQr.png

Thanks to Ninian, Oswin can destroy everything twice every turn!

zS7burT.pngFwfaKEm.png

Fantastic. Poison weapons, everyone's favorite mechanic.

hwLH0Am.png96ztiKF.png

Thank goodness that they can't actually damage Oswin.

O62Gi3m.png

Eliwood is a good younit. If there's any more monks, he'll die. Monks. The worst enemy class in the game aside from maybe Soldiers.

QcCyKjR.pngTRaFxA0.pngNIYYbKI.pngzadE1qq.png

Canas is a great unit!

Well, it looks like Monk + Flier spam today, so it shouldn't be too bad.

58vtRiT.png

How is Florina this much better than Eliwood?!

GPUY3i2.pngETkabjO.png4fVpn0c.png

Fantastic as always.

hzrMxTW.pnglKEKxOf.png3koW7Xa.pngXkIlxTQ.png2wdwBeJ.png

Time for Wil to be an eXp ThiEf. He helpfully gets a crit on that wyvern! You know, even though effective weapons being totally nerfed in this game helps me a lot by making Florina and Oswin a lot more viable, I much prefer x3; I think Oswin takes around three damage from armorslayer-wielding enemies.

Nngqa20.pngdJUI8Ow.png

Oswin the Bosswin!

Ddh9Imb.pngtZeI4Ow.png

Canas the Crusher!

Qn3vGv7.png

Wil the bad archer! Urgh...Flier spam + FoW +Poison does not seem like it's gonna be fun.

OpdT0dd.png

Oh noes!

9JyYl2n.pngznpMyfc.pngOK8KWSW.png

OH GOD THESE MONKS CAN ACTUALLY HURT WIL.

Why did I invest in using him?

sxNTMLp.png

Gaahh!

woRBL60.png

Eh.

flK00N0.png

Wil is in serious trouble.

PABfVZq.pngvUdMfg2.png

leNjhdE.png

Eyy, perfect! Wil can chip this pegasus rider then get danced to run away!

Or he can Chip 'n Dip, if you will.

TUEhIRf.png

Perfecto.

U4StQ90.png1aCcS7T.png

I love Raven. I never did in Eliwood mode, but he's such a beast right now.

IUGLHuP.png

Lyn, are you serious right now? An OP prf weapon and you can't one-round a Monk?!

sM4Jgmy.pngIxGkMJH.png

Oh. Well, it works.

5mXCaQ3.pngjIUhdVZ.pngwmKViG9.png8RTQAcy.png

I wish I had someone to use this...

NhVg2Sj.pngJ1csprC.png

I'm so glad I have Oswin.

IA8Jx9J.png

BEGONE! I NEED NINIAN ALIVE TO GET THE GOOD ENDING!

LQnAVgd.png

Why did they feel the need to put this much poison?

VmOLJVa.pngJ77vB1S.png

D'oh!

aEqowz9.png

Toasted.

YWZg88F.pngjo8eDGv.pngozFAO31.pngcnH86eB.png

Goody! I think I can sell this!

sUPfWOj.pngnHbSqAA.png

Urgh. I miss triple effectiveness right now...

pVpI2FU.pngFo3G9CK.png

Florina's doing more damage than an archer. Wow. And a great overkill crit helps too!

t5Fjyoy.png

These monks scare me. I never thought that I'd say that.

uLykS0Z.pngJBD4ki7.pngxVzBNqD.png

Phew.

tlYqwRa.png

I want to see where these danged fliers are coming from!

5pCXFrJ.png

Canas would destroy these guys if I'd promoted him...

4dhQLvh.pngatEqpUX.pnglFstp71.png

Begone, poison! And begone, bad levels! Then again, Raven's set for life with his stats. Defense and luck are actually the only things he really needs.

Q0njru5.png

Wil, you'd better not die after I promoted you instead of waiting for Rath...

37Bnkg0.pngQyngZWf.png

Logn bo.

ytxgaYK.pnga0s3gas.pngWftx0F9.pngdd80qR2.png

380vlaM.png0ZPVdX4.pngByO3dlQ.png

Okay, I think that we're pretty much set for now.

e8li6UR.png

Yep. Just that wyvern o'er there and these monks right here. Hmm...I am short on funds... Hehehehehe, arena time!

HjXeOXe.png

This is fine.

pznStHL.png

YES! YEEEEEEESSS YESYESYES YESSS!! WE ARE SAVED! FLORINA CAN PROMOTE!

0Vebu8Y.pngRcIl9Jq.png

More wyverns. Great. Please just stop at this point, 'kay? You're starting to outstay your welcome.

COoQlXF.png

Why? Stop adding more fliers!

RT6cCFH.pngBHZ8nyp.png

What the everliving heck Ninian. How? How can YOU be the most blessed unit I have?

u3XnaMK.png

And there goes the last of the fliers. For now.

5spVkWw.png

How many times has Canas gotten this exact level?

JTNZUJi.png

THIS IS NOT FINE.

g2v8kc7.pngnkwp8lT.png

AAAARGH! Canas! Nooo! Stop the fliers! Stop them! Heeelelllp!

1ydfEFm.png

Gya! Ohh...Dodged a lot of bullets right there. Poison can only deal three damage...Right?

CEaDR8q.png

This is what we call an "Less-than-ideal situation" in the strategist business.

But we have a solution.

Oh boy, do we have a solution..

88UG4WK.png

FLORINA POWERS........

Mqb9lj1.png1tNpGCr.png

ACTIVATE!

DRueN61.png

+5 hp?! St. Elimine! The con and defense are also greatly appreciated.

And the strength too.

cEn4R3P.png

I wonder if she'll cap strength? I feel like swords may work pretty well for her, actually. Their lack of weight will really help!

q7Z6Ps5.png

Oh boy. I don't like this at all. If Canas misses...

DeIHh0p.png

PHEW! We're hanging on by a thread!

ttnV1W9.pngo0t8nUd.pngBB34PrP.pngCxkfIW3.pngpejvzyQ.pngrcJsZXr.png

We may be fine. We just may be fine. But seriously, stop with the flier spam! It's not fun!

WkfZdDk.pngk0hmcW0.pngn7iY0Z4.png

This is a fine start. This is fine. We're fine.

vW2fBg9.png

This is fine.

XQyjAcq.png

It's all okay.

N25X8xq.png

Nothing is wrong.

jDXvtTJ.png

Oh? The flier spam has finally stopped! Thank god, I can go get vulneraries and stuff now!

U9R2CyG.pngUoBuRxH.pngOFu0YiS.pngSbFnIZz.pngmmZr8Zc.pngZQMWgeG.pngykj8oKO.png

And there we go! We just need to buy some vulneraries and then it's arena time!

Q6nVV9X.png

Raven is a nice boy and fetches some vulneraries for us.

And door keys. I am never running out of door keys again.

vyvVCfG.png

More fliers? Oh well. A stray wyvern can't do anything to Raven.

RRlPgNI.png

...Okay, maybe two fliers can.

Ux8Q4t6.png

And that's all of the fliers, it seems! Yet another narrow escape from death for Raven! Fog of war flier spam with poison weapons may be frustrating and boring, but at least it doesn't kill anybo-

LAydmEX.pngRDVMtMO.png7sXgWkJ.png

BLESSED ST. ELIMINE, WHY?! WHY WHY WHY WHY?! WHY IS FOG OF WAR A THING? WHY POISON WEAPONS?! WHY FLIER SPAM?! WHY AM I SO BAD?!!!!

4qJS2Ah.pngNo! My brother! Why...Why do I lose all of my loved ones?

zcLPBgx.png..... ...., ......! . ..... .... .... .......!

eBqBRUl.pngNnghh... What are you doing, you filthy armor knight? Unhand me! I can still fight! Put me back on the battlefield!

zcLPBgx.png.., ... ... .... .. ... Shut up. ... .... survive.

ZadXMu1.png

Stop that! This bloke here defeated Raven and now is trying to kill Ninian? We cannot let this stand!

M74ezB1.pngGQC6Dyc.png

Die!

ZhamGrn.png

In retrospect, I should have given Florina a lance that wasn't broken so she wouldn't face WTD. But it's Florina! She's invincible!

7BfaTKh.pngAvq3SyI.pngoJuyEnt.png

Case in point.

s76Jhh2.pngmfbm6AQ.pngdwWfPL3.pngZPL55NU.png

Canas and Ninian team-toast the last wyvern.

09baSZ7.png

An archer! El Gasp!

lXEB2yz.pngaFeFuvJ.png13zfZ8c.png

Poor archer never stood a chance.

yyP3ROl.png

Time for arena abuse. And a lot of it.

...Except naturally Eliwood somehow has to retreat from a 660 gold fight, meaning I'm bankrupt.

Well, better sell off all of my equipment!

qK8wIqn.png

I'm only 19, 605 gold short of recruiting Farina! Man, if only there were an item that was stealable off of an enemy who doesn't move that reduces all prices by half. If only.

And it turns out that Hector is the only one of my units who can consistently win, meaning that I'm risking having to redo this chapter again constantly.

How much did I arena abuse, you may ask? Well, during my arena abuse sessions, I had time to listen to Kallinnikov's first symphony, [40 minutes] Stenhammar's 2nd, [45 minutes] Mahler's 2nd and Beethoven's 9th, [both one and a half hours] and Never gonna give you up.

And I also had time to get supports! We now have Hector, Eliwood and Lyn all at B supports with each other.

GY2xhEJ.png

...But we finally have enough funds after stocking up on everything we'll need.

783dgaG.png

A torch reveals the boss's location. That Killer axe really scares me. Wil, please crit?

TdrGFnn.png

THANK YOU!

AMIq5er.png

HE GOT SPEED! PERFECT LEVEL! THANK YOU SO MUCH! He may end up being decent!

Xe70zr6.png

This is not a good idea.

UMFr5HV.png

But Lyn needs the kill here...

z6hQe3c.png

Only an idiot would try this!

ee0yCZY.pngXc7Meb7.png

Well, it worked.

erQX0CY.pngdCvETk8.png

And I finally manage to feed a kill to Lyn!

f83R2zg.png

Thank you Kanye, very cool!

iV3BFtg.png

Bleeeurgh! 6 Strength? Are you kidding me, Lyn?

U4kPsJ0.pngw86JiOE.pnghAU5XnJ.pngGKl07E9.png7z43fDo.pngqBRLM8Y.pngHfAtIvH.pngZN26JsE.pngMvfRyeh.pnggC137xF.pngn7CdoSa.png

mCuiOnC.png

Eyy, Isadora! I've been looking forward to seeing what she can do on the battlefield. So, we're off to Ostia to inform the Marquess. It was a really grueling battle and we lost one of our finest warriors, but we must persist! We have Florina on our side, and nobody can defeat us as long as this is true!

Ujh2Ltk.pngN50P3Vr.pngVoajAJc.png0NXTOVk.pngK1t4DjY.pngjSRHiN7.png

Age catchin' up to you, bud?

z3ehNwD.pngEwKuqx9.png

What? Why?

Ebkbec0.png077R19t.pnga9ganau.png7jVSF5l.png

Oh snap!

miT0btF.png77XpOaa.pngChFSr2Z.png0qxbvB8.pngvnoQM7D.png

Signs of great power? Who...

OH NO! FLORINA! SHE'LL BE GOING AFTER FLORINA! WE MUST END LIMSTELLA!

Well, that's all for this update! Next time, we'll hopefully get to promote Oswin, recruit Heath and not kill anyone!

LZZ9C4m.png...

5RPLYTm.pngGlass. We are heading to Ostia to meet with the Marquess. I was told to inform you that you are to speak with the Marquess about the job we did.

LZZ9C4m.png....

5RPLYTm.pngPresumably, we'll be able to go home.

LZZ9C4m.pngBut we left behind so much... Why Helen? Why did she have to die? All my fault...It's  all my fault...

5RPLYTm.pngDon't talk like that! I know it's hard, but you can't give up on life; there's still loved ones you have to protect.

LZZ9C4m.png...

5RPLYTm.pngWe have to move forwards and keep living our lives. But we remember. We remember why we loved the ones we've lost and live life the way they wanted us to.

LZZ9C4m.png...

eBqBRUl.pngUrghh...

4qJS2Ah.pngMy brother! You're awake! Oh, thank heavens! I thank St. Elimine for her mercy!

eBqBRUl.pngHuh?

4qJS2Ah.pngI'm not alone anymore...Sniff...Please...Never leave me again... Promise me that you'll never leave me again...

eBqBRUl.pngPriscilla...Fine. I promise.

zcLPBgx.png(Why does nobody notice me?)

DEATH COUNT: Matthew

Rebecca*

Lowen

Guy

Serra

Bartre

Dorcas

Marcus

Erk

Priscilla~

Wil

Lucius

My honor

Kent

Legault%

Raven*

Helen

Defeated as enemy

*Retreated

~Captured

% Unrecruitable

???

Discharged/killed pre-reset.

Dishonorably spared

RESET COUNT: Hector x 2

Lyn x 4

Bandit x 2

Eliwood x 5

Merlinus x6

Being a coward x1

MERLINUS DEATHS AS A MERCHANT: 7

28 minutes ago, Benice said:

VGASbAu.pngIt's...It is not looking good. There is some kind of poison on the arrows. There is a hope- but a very small one.

Well this is Elibian poison, so she should be fine...

30 minutes ago, Benice said:

zcLPBgx.png..... ...!

As much sense as this makes in the gameplay, seeing this logic here seems kinda silly. I mean look at them, the tiny Priscilla trying to lug that heavily armored titan...

31 minutes ago, Benice said:

O8w7ETL.png8EyLYJY.pngff8PHC3.pngFKwwkrE.png

Naw, Jaffar cornered Lyn, if you fight now its gameover for sure, as she will disintegrate when he blinks.

34 minutes ago, Benice said:

Isblh58.png

I mean, you could always just teleport like you have the last twenty times it was convienient.

Clearly all of Ephidel's teleportation was creative uses of the Rescue staff by Nergal.

35 minutes ago, Benice said:

M91Ve7Z.pngSAY WHAT?!

...😢

39 minutes ago, Benice said:

leNjhdE.png

Or he can Chip 'n Dip, if you will.

That's more than a chip, its straight up a kill.

41 minutes ago, Benice said:

More wyverns. Great. Please just stop at this point, 'kay? You're starting to outstay your welcome.

COoQlXF.png

Why? Stop adding more fliers!

This is HHM, the fliers just keep, and they don't stop coming...honestly the number of maps they added flier to is kinda ridiculous.

42 minutes ago, Benice said:

1ydfEFm.png

Gya! Ohh...Dodged a lot of bullets right there. Poison can only deal three damage...Right?

...Yep, but that is frighteningly low health. Hopefully you have enough vulneraries/elixirs to keep this army going.

43 minutes ago, Benice said:

Q6nVV9X.png

Raven is a nice boy and fetches some vulneraries for us.

Very smart move.

44 minutes ago, Benice said:

...Jeez, that is a hard loss. You are getting close to the point where the game starts throwing excellent prepromotes at you, and at this rate you are probably going to need them.

46 minutes ago, Benice said:

yyP3ROl.png

...Except naturally Eliwood somehow has to retreat from a 660 gold fight, meaning I'm bankrupt.

There is a trick to abusing the arenas in this game. Ninians grace works in the arena, and there is a bit of a programing oversight that makes the status effect counter not tick down when a unit is captured, so you can Ninians Grace up a unit to make it nearly invincible, send it into the arena, rescue and hold it. Next turn you find some way to drop them (and heal if necessary) dance to send them into the arena again, and rescue them before the turn ends. You can repeat this process almost indefinitely...

48 minutes ago, Benice said:

z6hQe3c.png

Only an idiot would try this!

ee0yCZY.pngXc7Meb7.png

Well, it worked.

erQX0CY.pngdCvETk8.png

And I finally manage to feed a kill to Lyn!

f83R2zg.png

Thank you Kanye, very cool!

...Those are some extremely dangerous maneuvers, but I am guessing you are trying for the alternate chapter 24. How close are your lords to the combined 50+ level threshold for the alternate chapter 24?

51 minutes ago, Benice said:

FANTASTRICO. I CAN'T EVEN USE NINO ANYMORE BECAUSE I HAVE ONLY ONE MASTER SEAL.

But Fargus gives you one near the end.

52 minutes ago, Benice said:

Not as hard as HHM, but it offers some challenge.

53 minutes ago, Benice said:

Is Hawkeye worse than I remember?

He is slow, and that hurts him a lot.

54 minutes ago, Benice said:

Hey, Kent gets spared from seeing Lyn die 1,000, 000, 000 times in the lategame where she gets ORKO'd!

One round? Don't give her too much credit. Lyn gets one shot.

56 minutes ago, Benice said:

LZZ9C4m.pngOh no...

NO NOT HELEN

57 minutes ago, Benice said:

No, he wouldn't. Jaffar, if he was a paladin, would be top tier, just because his bases are so good. Class is the only thing holding him down.

58 minutes ago, Benice said:

Mb6DK6t.png

Has Wolt and Wendy come to save the day?

Oh wait, wrong game.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

274?cb=20120417132842Here you go. Fix your problems.

Sad triforce bird noises intensify.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

I dunno, last I checked, he died.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

leNjhdE.png

Do you know the difference between chip and kill? I guess not.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Lyn, are you serious right now? An OP prf weapon and you can't one-round a Monk?!

I wouldn't know, she could get a crit.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

For almost no gold.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

And that's all of the fliers, it seems! Yet another narrow escape from death for Raven! Fog of war flier spam with poison weapons may be frustrating and boring, but at least it doesn't kill anybo-

BLESSED ST. ELIMINE, WHY?! WHY WHY WHY WHY?! WHY IS FOG OF WAR A THING? WHY POISON WEAPONS?! WHY FLIER SPAM?! WHY AM I SO BAD?!!!!

applause intensifies.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

yyP3ROl.png

image.jpeg.04f6785abed5ad4978a8796fb6b9a629.jpeg

3 hours ago, Benice said:

I can't recall another time where I've had this much anti-fun playing a game.

Fe4 in a nutshell, just moving amirite. 

RDVMtMO.png7sXgWkJ.png

That must make you stark Raven mad. 

Alas  poor Helen all the exp she got in that one map has been wasted dammit

Spoiler
2 hours ago, Benice said:

I've ranted a lot already, but I'll just say that I can't recall another time where I've had this much anti-fun playing a game.

Really? Man like sure big maps but I always liked how it plays into the worldbuilding, there's only 10 maps and there's still stuff happening around everywhere. I guess it's just not for you 😢

Spoiler

I can see WHY people like FE4. I just really don't like it.

😢

Spoiler

PLEASE NO! Chapter 4 and Verdane's theme are the only acceptable FE4 pieces!

You're wrong! Chapter 8's theme and the thracian army is so much fun to listen to! Well ok fine.

That's great! You now have the optimal Harem of pegawaifus.

I was so excited but then I was cuckblocked... cog of destiny man... I need to try it again sometime but right now I don't want to.

I really wished they'd buffed his speed by two so he can actually double in Lyn mode and that Rebecca started with waaay higher bases in strength and spped.

IMO, Wil at base should have 8 str and 6 spd and Rebecca should have 5 str and 9 speed. That way Rebecca would double way earlier and Wil would do much more damage.

This chapter couldn't have gone much worse. Actually, it could have; I nearly killed Canas and Oswin because the endless swarm of mages and armor knights nearly broke all of my equipment.

Ignore them, if your weapons were so soon to break you should have avoided them. Maybe only kill a few enough for a level for those that almost get it.

Will he, though? His promotion's in...I think chapter 25? By then, his speed still may not be enough to double much.

Tier one enemies? Sure. Though those can be killed by pretty much anyone. His promotion is good it's just that maybe not enough for the limited deployment slots. This is Eliwood we are talking about right? Anyways, you're thinking of chapter 26. That one gives you your first heaven seal.

Stolen, just like my dreams for a good ironman and entertaining LP.

Well that ruins the mood. Still i find talking entertaining. And you've been playing for like a year so who cares. I've been doing it for 2 and still don't beat FE7 HHM. Here's the thing, Mekkah, Mangs and the rest are pros and FE7 is really easy for them while for us it's an adequate challenge. If you ever feel you aren't making any progress go play FE6 HM or FE12 lunatic for a while and you will basically be boosting your growth. For a bit though.

That's how I beat Battle Before Dawn.

..And you do know that My dude's not a self-insert, right? A proper self-insert would use Gheb's portrait.

Uh yes he is a self-insert. And no one can be as fugly as gheb so 😛

Spoiler

Naw, I actually had decent-ish luck. Nobody who was really important died. It sucks that Kent died, but it's not like I have enough knight's crests to go around, right?

I guess that's true.

I do not know what I have seen, but I was a happier man before I did. Here, I'll return the favor with another cursed image:

QxED5ZC.png

This thing is incredibly tame lol.

5RPLYTm.pngAnd you heard Jerrot try to flirt? You poor girl...

Lol.

zcN79QK.pngToodles!

Oh hi Lash from Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising
Lash | Advance Wars By Web Wiki | Fandom

4qJS2Ah.pngLooks like I'm all alone again. If only I'd asked Erk out sooner, I'd not be singl-

Mega F for Priscilla. Don't do anything stupid to hook her up with Dart tho. I now leave Dart's body (maybe he'll get good levels now?)

...And he just leaves. If Jaffar is the reason we aren't moving, can't we get going now?

No because plot and drama.

Wait, isn't that the CG they use in the endgame? And I guess Ninian is building her Husbando Harem.

oh crap you're right! LOOOOOOL

EXCELLENT JOB STOPPING NILS, EPHIDEL! IT'S NOT LIKE YOU CAN JUST, I DUNNO, STAB HIM! AND WHY COULD NILS GET IN, BUT WE CAN'T JUST WALK OUT?!

Someone watched mekkah's plinkett series lol.

his goes on for quite a while. Ephidel does nothing.

Ephidel: Stop that, Nils!

Nils: No.

Ephidel: My job here is done!

"But you didn't do anything
"tuxedo mask my work job here is done but you didn't do anything ...

The dragon is crumbling?

Eliwood moment.

Btw, why or how? Didn't the damn thing get half of itself or more through? Obviously it would die due to blood loss if it lost a huge chunk of it's body coming thru but why crumble?!

Yeah I think even me on my 1st playthrough I thought of that. or that at least he would survive... omg and the stupidity isn't done yet.

Aw... man... this sucks bruh. Wait why didn't Renault use a restore staff? Or like why didn't Serra do sth to ensure this would work? Omg...

1O1E4sN.png

10 speed will double some wyverns with steel lances iirc. Anyways 17 str is quite good. I wish his promo gave him +3 speed like Rebecca's gives her +3 Strength.

LzpJTNX.png

Well, speed is good.

Better than my Eli already. What is it with you and insane luck? (well I can't complain, I have a spd blessed heath with near capped strength and i gave him a speedwings. EPIC!)

Monks. The worst enemy class in the game aside from maybe Soldiers.

But muh high res growth11! Honestly did the devs ever put him against a mage? I think it would have actually been interesting if he had like 5 defense and 5 resistance, would give him some usability.

I much prefer x3

It makes the game better. I would love to have Rebecca one-shot pegasi (though her base strength is insufficient whatd o you know!)

I love Raven. I never did in Eliwood mode, but he's such a beast right now.

In HM he's ridiculous because of his bonuses but in Eliwood mode he's good because everything there sucks ass. I think he's a good unit in both tbh.

IUGLHuP.png

Well it's not too OP. 7 str is lower than a Steel Sword lmaoooooooo (iirc)

Because they didn't playtest this chapter and thought it would be interesting. Truth be told, only a few enemies need to have it and it would be much more enjoyable. Maybe only the first few enemies so you start poisoned and then recover from it by around the end of the map.

You better not, the light rune is quite helpful on the next chapter.

lFstp71.png

Defense and luck are actually the only things he really needs.

And Res. I wish he had more res because in the endgame he takes so much damage from mages (which btw, starting from Cog of Destiny, there's a million of those asshats)

0Vebu8Y.pngRcIl9Jq.png

This map sucks more the longer you play it because reinforcements start coming in. They would be good... if they came from behind to be honest.

5spVkWw.png

I bless you! (not that it does much) with my luck! The next 3 levels on canas will all feature either 3 points of speed or magic. I'll sprinkle a defense one in there too.

DRueN61.png

+5 hp?! St. Elimine! The con and defense are also greatly appreciated.

The extra bulk helps but man, FE7 promotions are so dissapointing. 2 strength is fine for you but for most players it isn't enough. And her speed is average for Florina right now I guess.

This type of stuff bothers me too.

the last wyvern.

you should really stop saying that

783dgaG.png

A torch reveals the boss's location.

I remember he moved though maybe I'm wrong.

AMIq5er.png

Ooooh boy, nice!

iV3BFtg.png

B-but muh dodgetank!!1! Also why is she only level 12? Don't you want to get Linus' version of Four-Fanged Offense?

we'll hopefully get to promote Oswin, recruit Heath

oh Heath better be promoted. He's perhaps my 2nd favorite unit ever, behind Rebecca.

Aww that's kinda sad.

Nino's replies*

Spoiler
20 hours ago, Benice said:

I somewhat prefer Roy x Cecilia to Serra x Oswin... Although it probably has more entertainment value in the supports.

I mean, Serra's better hounding Matthew or Erk anyway.

You know, this game does a really bad job at giving you replacement units, especially since all of the ones that do show up arrive super late. In terms of non-prepromotes, there are next to none!

One of the things I like about Shadow Dragon. Even if everyone dies... you have replacement units. Not that I've actually ever seen those generic ones. But it makes me feel a lot more confident knowing they exist in the event I'm a colossal screw-up.

You played binding blade in Japanese?

I did specify "western release" games. I'm pretty sure that excludes Binding Blade. To my irritation.

Relatively speaking? Not near HHM. It's got less deployment slots and lowers exp gain. It might increase an enemy stat here or there... I'm not totally sure. This means the enemies are substantially less difficult than HHM, the formations are still Eliwood mode based, and there's less status staves. The decreased exp gain helps to emphasize bases>growths, as growth units take longer to come into their own. Iron manning it adds a bit more challenge... because you have to be particularly careful on certain chapters as the losses from one death are effectively cumulative. You've seen this in your own run, where characters you lose on one map lead to more dying on others.
Contrast this with LHM, and you realize Lyn Hard Mode just removes scripted battles (the crit on Batta the Beast, Sain's first miss, Dorcas' first crit) and the forced moves in tutorial segments. It adds nothing to the actual difficulty. It just takes away the hand-holding, and consequently allows you to do things that make the game easier (promoting Sain instead of Wallace for instance).

Jeez, what's even the point in promoting them, then? Training thieves is kinda pointless even with a promotion...I am so glad that FE8 added Rogues since I've always found Lethality to be really bad-Low activation, and a crit kills anyways 9/10.

People often think that assasins are good. The mistake they're making is assuming Jaffar is a typical assassin.

Come on! Come up with a better reason to make us not leave! Like, I know he's powerful in the game's lore, but I'm fairly certain that Oswin, Marcus or a promoted Kent, Sain or Lowen could take him

I mean... depends if he procs lethality. Then again if everyone two-ranged him...

Well... that was unexpected. I mean... it kind of fits with the chaos through-out this LP though. You never know someone's gonna live.

y2OBjm6.png

What is an axe?

A miserable little pile of mt?

hwLH0Am.png96ztiKF.png

Thank goodness that they can't actually damage Oswin.

Well... not directly.

58vtRiT.png

Wait... aren't Pegasus knights typically better than Lords? I mean except maybe in Radiant Dawn. Possibly Echoes... where they got nerfed from Gaiden.

LQnAVgd.png

This chapter. Fog of war... fliers, poison. It's a recipe to piss people off. Should have taken that anti-toxin.

cEn4R3P.png

I wonder if she'll cap strength? I feel like swords may work pretty well for her, actually. Their lack of weight will really help!

I just realized your Florina has the same speed and defense as my Caeda. But is better everywhere else. Most significantly the 13 hp, 12 strength and 7 res (not that that one's changing in Shadow Dragon). The one luck and 5 skill will be easier to bridge. That said, if we factor promotion, Caeda will get 4 HP, 4 strength and 5 defense (at the cost of three res). Wonder how she'll stack up then, given she won't have that chance till chapter 10 (and needs to level another three times anyway). Mind, knowing she's won defense and lost res. She will likely win speed and luck. Skill could go either way. I'd guess she'll lose on HP and strength. Either way, we've both had early game fliers serve as major factors in our success.

U9R2CyG.pngUoBuRxH.pngOFu0YiS.pngSbFnIZz.pngmmZr8Zc.pngZQMWgeG.pngykj8oKO.png

Wait a second... was Wil really your best option for dancing there? I mean, Hector one rounds that wyvern, barely takes damage, and has a high hit rate. Then again it worked, and you got four people exp instead of three. So maybe it was a brighter tactic.

LAydmEX.pngRDVMtMO.png

All this time expecting him to die from killing one foe too many in enemy phase. Then he dies to flier spam. Ironic a Raven would fall because of wings. Also RIP hero crests. But how's this going to affect the chapter decision on the (Bartre/Dorcas/Raven/Guy levels) vs (Erk/Luscius/Serra/Priscilla) levels? I mean if I recall they don't count towards it if dead. But they're all dead. My theory is it should take you to Kenneth's version of chapter 23, because I believe the game prioritizes it in case of a tie. But I'm not certain.
At least you don't need that hero's crest anymore.

GY2xhEJ.png

...But we finally have enough funds after stocking up on everything we'll need.

So there's nothing you'll be buying between now and then? For sure?

iV3BFtg.png

As much as I've made fun of my Marth at least he's.... equal to your Lyn in strength. Though she's a lot faster.

mCuiOnC.png

Eyy, Isadora! I've been looking forward to seeing what she can do on the battlefield. So, we're off to Ostia to inform the Marquess. It was a really grueling battle and we lost one of our finest warriors, but we must persist! We have Florina on our side, and nobody can defeat us as long as this is true!

Plus she doesn't need promoting. So you might get some use out of that.

4qJS2Ah.pngI'm not alone anymore...Sniff...Please...Never leave me again... Promise me that you'll never leave me again...

eBqBRUl.pngPriscilla...Fine. I promise.

Does nobody canonically die at this stage? Except Kent? And Lowen. And Guy? And Matthew. And Lucius. And Helen. And Dorcas. Know what... never mind.
Just seems like more people end up in this side-plot than dead now.

19 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Clearly all of Ephidel's teleportation was creative uses of the Rescue staff by Nergal.

Suddenly everything makes sense.

19 hours ago, Hello72207 said:

Has Wolt and Wendy come to save the day?

Oh wait, wrong game.

Would you believe Wrys?
MA7Xshky_o.png

16 hours ago, This boi uses Nino said:

This thing is incredibly tame lol.

Yeah. I mean, I'm quite partial to the old Golden Axe games... especially the one that's a Zelda knock-off, so seeing Gillius on one of those chickenlegs (that's the thing's name) is normal. Apart from the 3D

Spoiler
4 hours ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Relatively speaking? Not near HHM.

This goes to @Benice too, but EHM doesn't change deployment slots or reduces exp gain iirc. It gives hard mode bonuses but only to promoted enemies, while HHM does give them to Normal enemies and another boost to HHM enemies from EHM but I don't think so. Some more status staves are probably there too.

A miserable little pile of mt?

But enough talk, have at you! *hand axe misses*

Wait a second... was Wil really your best option for dancing there?

He had 2 HP and was poisoned, so moving him back to heal was better.

Yeah. I mean, I'm quite partial to the old Golden Axe games... especially the one that's a Zelda knock-off, so seeing Gillius on one of those chickenlegs (that's the thing's name) is normal. Apart from the 3D

I didn't know it was from a GOlden Axe games, I've played them before and they're a hella fun.

Nino's replies*

8 hours ago, This boi uses Nino said:

This goes to @Benice too, but EHM doesn't change deployment slots or reduces exp gain iirc. It gives hard mode bonuses but only to promoted enemies, while HHM does give them to Normal enemies and another boost to HHM enemies from EHM but I don't think so. Some more status staves are probably there too.

Having checked for it since... it seems it does.  But the experience gain reduction only affects things if you're using a unit higher levelled than the enemies. Though then again, one probably wouldn't notice for sure if they didn't compare the modes side by side. Nothing mentioned about increased status staves... but they could be there. Apparently it's hell for a ranked run between reduced experience and the lesser number of chapters.

Spoiler
On 6/19/2020 at 8:18 PM, Benice said:

You know, this is exactly why I hesitate to try out FE4. FE4 can have all the story it wants, but what I want first and foremost is a fun and reasonably challenging game to play. I already struggled to get through Radiant Dawn. I cannot imagine I'd get any enjoyment out of the mess that is FE4.

What is a Guenchaos? I only know Erga.

What is a Sonia? I only know Carla.

Ah yes, Sid the soldier, the random soldier from chapter 2.

Still kinda amazed that I got two LPs out of one soldier and bad RNG rolls.

zcLPBgx.png.. .... ....!

Dere he is!

5RPLYTm.pngStay safe. If you're not back by sundown, I'm leaving to find you guys. Now hurry up and get going!

I like how this dude is doing absolutely nothing right now.

zcLPBgx.png..... ...!

That horse is going to suffocate under all the heavy armor.

G1mlxK7.png

Wait, isn't that the CG they use in the endgame?

Hah! Yeah, it totally is! FE7 never fails to amuse me.

xrVR3KW.png

Ah, yes, Ephidel. What a villain. The most he accomplished was killing an old guy. Wait, no, scratch that, that dude lived long enough to spill the beans to Eliwood. He couldn't even kill an old fart hard enough to keep him from revealing critical information. How.

Interestingly enough, he's one of two main villains that I cannot connect to anybody in TRS. Ephidel is entirely IntSys's creation. So there's that.

6yVNhDG.png

When you provoke the wrong person with Elbert in Berwick Saga

Honestly though, this is one thing that I genuinely enjoy about FE7. Most FE dads just die instantly and nobody gives a damn. The entire first arc of the game is spent looking for Elbert, and he's given a fair bit of screentime and heroic moments, so when he finally perishes, it feels legitimately tragic.

M91Ve7Z.pngSAY WHAT?!

Oh fuck, you actually killed someone off. Wasn't even Marlowe, either. I was completely wrong. Tell me, did you intend to kill Marlowe off but changed your plans when I predicted it?

1O1E4sN.png

Hahahahah... that looks like a knight's statsheet! You know, except for the defense. Still, could be worse. Big hits might help to counter the pitiful x2 multiplier for effective damage.

TTvAz8x.png

All three swords I have, ladies and gentlemen. Eliwood has the longsword, Lyn has the Mani katti.

Oh my goodness... you better do some shopping today.

LOL imagine having a healer.

LOL imagine having a mage.

LOL imagine having a Lucius.

This is the saddest thing I've witnessed since my own FE6 LP. Heck, what am I even saying? At least I always had healers in that one...

LzpJTNX.png

Well, speed is good.

Honestly, at this point he's looking rather solid. His defense could use some work, but other than that... I think he's earning that promotion of his.

58vtRiT.png

Florina is better than literally everyone on your team, including the recently promoted Wil, and yet you bash Eliwood alone for it?

You know, even though effective weapons being totally nerfed in this game helps me a lot by making Florina and Oswin a lot more viable, I much prefer x3; I think Oswin takes around three damage from armorslayer-wielding enemies.

x2 just doesn't make any sense. Bows are supposed to be the one thing that keep fliers from being better than infantry and cavalry in every single way. If they don't take good damage from them, then what's the point of using anyone else?

OK8KWSW.png

OH GOD THESE MONKS CAN ACTUALLY HURT WIL.

Maybe you're just underestimating the monks? This is the second time you let them nearly kill someone.

IUGLHuP.png

Oh yeah, Eliwood is so bad, isn't he?

pznStHL.png

You're going to overestimate her power and she's going to die, calling it now.

5spVkWw.png

Enough that his future worries me.

1ydfEFm.png

...Well. So much for that.

DRueN61.png

+5 hp?! St. Elimine!

No speed, though... that's terrible, especially when she needs a ton of it to counter her pitiful con--

Wait, what am I saying? This is FE7. The enemies are slowpokes. This will suffice.

N25X8xq.png

Nothing is wrong.

Your luck continues to astonish me.

LAydmEX.pngRDVMtMO.png

...aaaand we're fucked.

eBqBRUl.pngNnghh... What are you doing, you filthy armor knight? Unhand me! I can still fight! Put me back on the battlefield!

zcLPBgx.png.., ... ... .... .. ... Shut up. ... .... survive.

Derrick will use his Derrick powers to resuscitate Raven. May the Derrick be with us all.

AMIq5er.png

There is hope yet.

OH NO! FLORINA! SHE'LL BE GOING AFTER FLORINA! WE MUST END LIMSTELLA!

Florina would give Limstella the fight of her life. Especially when her signature weapon, fimvulveternverlavert (sorry I cannot spell that tome's name), weights her down a ton.

You're the hero of two stories now. Who cares if your name doesn't go down in history?

22 hours ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Just seems like more people end up in this side-plot than dead now.

Frankly, I cannot blame him at this point. I mean, after that one string of losses, I needed to keep Raigh alive in FE6 because otherwise I would've been too pissed off to continue playing.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hahahahah... that looks like a knight's statsheet! You know, except for the defense. Still, could be worse. Big hits might help to counter the pitiful x2 multiplier for effective damage.

One reason I prefer Wil to Rebecca. Doubling has a low benchmark in this game (because enemies weigh themselves down like idiots). Strength on the other hand... gets multiplied by the counter, and Wil help Wil damage enemies that Rebecca flat couldn't. That said, having both speed and strength would be better... and having an enemy phase would be better still. But we are still comparing two archers... not the archers to everyone else. Point is, when fighting fliers, every point of strength weighs in double... whereas speed stops mattering after a certain point.

Maybe you're just underestimating the monks? This is the second time you let them nearly kill someone.

The greatest trick the monk ever played was convincing Benice he was harmless.

Frankly, I cannot blame him at this point. I mean, after that one string of losses, I needed to keep Raigh alive in FE6 because otherwise I would've been too pissed off to continue playing.

Raighven.

On 6/19/2020 at 2:18 PM, Benice said:

Jerrot, have you seen Swift or Marlowe recently? ... Jerrot?

I like how you've been tying characters from FE6 into the fanfic parts of your LP.

Looks like I'm all alone again. If only I'd asked Erk out sooner, I'd not be singl-

Hm, an Erk x Priscilla shipper. I see you're a man of culture as well.

Or we can just have Hector pick you up while Eliwood takes Ninian.

Hector being the brains instead of the brawn for once.

Or die ridiculously in a stupid way to unpromoted units in Battle Before Dawn.

WHY COULD NILS GET IN, BUT WE CAN'T JUST WALK OUT?!

Because video game logic. Nonsense makes total sense for the sake of the story.

You. You...

giphy.gif

yet another Fog of War chapter!

"yay", he said sarcastically

The love you have for your waifu has made her strong. Or maybe it was the energy ring and angelic robe.

Wil is in serious trouble.

He most likely Wil not survive the rest of HHM.

Florina_6960.jpgFinally! N-now I can r-really p-prove myself to my h-husbando Benice!

This is a fine start. This is fine. We're fine.

1ee.gif

Man, my Lyn must've gotten strength-blessed in my playthrough. I was up to 9 str by level 8 or 9 IIRC. Hecking RNG.

120px-Portrait_kellam_fe13.pngGet used to it, buddy.

Other than the disappointment at seeing Helen die, this was another great update. Looking forward to the next one!