Eliwood and Hector's Less-than excellent adventure: Let's Ironman Hector Hard mode mostly blind! *Now completed, with a 6% survival rate!*

Benice

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Benice said:

Let's try this again.

Can anyone see this photo?

0DbmKSCh_J-Wg-hMsmsEeKc58RWJbCqG1ietfdhp

I can see it. Boy this reminds me of the time in my Revelations PMU LP where all of the images in the Mozu paralogue just died. Had to post the entire thing three time, with points in between where I was sure I fixed it after a successful test image, only for it to die minutes afterwards. Hopefully this isn't proving as difficult.

13 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I can see it. Boy this reminds me of the time in my Revelations PMU LP where all of the images in the Mozu paralogue just died. Had to post the entire thing three time, with points in between where I was sure I fixed it after a successful test image, only for it to die minutes afterwards. Hopefully this isn't proving as difficult.

Phew. Thank you, and I apologize for this. Vote now to make me best LPer of the century! Hopefully I can have it redone for tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Let's try this again.

Can anyone see this photo?

i see a circle with a horizontal line in the center of it. the rest of the image is white.

10 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

@Benice I am seeing the circle with horizontal line now as well. This is reminding me a lot of the issues I was having before with Google photos. The trick to making that work was to use a shared version of the image to copy image location.

All right then. Thanks for the advice, I likely wouldn't have figured it out otherwise.

Do either of these photos show up for you?

One of them was shared by a shared folder, the other I shared individually.

4 minutes ago, Hello72207 said:

I see both photos

YAAAAAY! All right, I can finally redo the update! I'll try to have it done ASAP.

9 hours ago, Benice said:

All right then. Thanks for the advice, I likely wouldn't have figured it out otherwise.

Do either of these photos show up for you?

One of them was shared by a shared folder, the other I shared individually.

I see none... sorry.

You know it;s easier to use imgur, put the pictures there and then drag and drop from there to here

The actual downdate.

Ahh, Dropbox, the one friend who did not abandon me. Imgur uploaded all of the images in the wrong order and randomly had pictures of Lyn's death in ch. 4, Google images failed to upload half the images and required three and a half brain cells to use...But good old dropbox still has its lengthy but dependable dl.dropboxusercontent.com thing.

Please...let all of the links work this time...

Spoiler

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-0.png?dl=0Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-1.png?dl=0Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-2.png?dl=0Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-3.png?dl=0Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-4.png?dl=0Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-5.png?dl=0

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-9.png?dl=0Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-10.png?dl=

You know, I never understood why he wouldn't get those reinforcements. Did we kill them all? Or do they just not care?

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-11.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-12.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-13.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-16.png?dl=

Yes, Ladies and gentlemen, we have made it to our final chapter in Lyn mode! Sadly, this will be another short update from a gameplay perspective because Ch. 10 returns to the Lyn mode abbyss of boring. Seriously, in terms of gameplay, they did everything possible to make this map anticlimatic.

You know, I kind of hope that HHM is disastrous. I mean, we all know that someone who gets Lyn killed twice in Lyn mode is going to have issues. (And I'm not funny so why else would people be here.)

And with more farther ado, Let's go crush Lundgren!

Zoink.png?dl=0Good evening. I suppose that you are the ones who would like to help this village?

INHALES.png?dl=0We'd like to help, if that's at all possible.

UwU.png?dl=0Who are you?

Zoink.png?dl=0My name is Canas. I'm a scholar, though I have some knowledge of the elder magics.

INHALES.png?dl=0I'm Lauris. I can use anima magic with some proficiency, if I do say so myself.

Croink.png?dl=0And I'm Hugh! My mom and dad are teaching me how to use magic! I'll fight!

INHALES.png?dl=0Not this time, Hugh. These people that we'll be fighting are dangerous.

Croink.png?dl=0Awww...

Helen.png?dl=0Don't you need someone to watch Hugh? Should you even be fighting when you have a young child?

Zoink.png?dl=0Do not worry. Hugh has memorized the health and safety guidelines of every country on Elibe.

Helen.png?dl=0What?! But he's only...Why, he must be barely three!

Zoink.png?dl=0You are correct. My mother was not happy with me about that topic.

Helen.png?dl=0And understandably!

Zoink.png?dl=0Indeed. My mother had me reading the university surgical health textbooks when I was his age. She wanted my son here to have at least read Sankapoftz's dissertation on sociology. Alas, perhaps next year.

Helen.png?dl=0...

INHALES.png?dl=0Will you allow us to help you? As long as my husband and I are near each other, nobody can stand against us!

Helen.png?dl=0You promise that you'll fall back if you get hurt?

INHALES.png?dl=0You have my word.

Zoink.png?dl=0Mine also.

UwU.png?dl=0All right.

Helen.png?dl=0Please make any preparations necessary to fight at your best, then meet us at the city hall.

INHALES.png?dl=0Very well! We shall see you in a few moments.

Zoink.png?dl=0Farewell for now.

Helen.png?dl=0...Sir Glass, I like it here.

UwU.png?dl=0Oh? What makes you say that?

Helen.png?dl=0Well, I know we've spoken a little about wanting to build a life together, far away from our troubled pasts. Perhaps...Perhaps this is where we are supposed to be. Perhaps this is the destination of our journey. If we survive this fight, nobody will care what you have done in the past. They'll just be grateful that we saved them.

UwU.png?dl=0This would be a nice, peaceful place to start building a family. Finally...A life of peace is not far away. All we have is one last mountain to overcome.

Helen.png?dl=0All we have to do is keep moving forwards. We will get there soon.

UwU.png?dl=0Yes we will. One last challenge...

Helen.png?dl=0As long as we are together, we can accomplish anything.

UwU.png?dl=0Let's end this.

Helllo.png?dl=0My dude, are you feeling better today?

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0Yes, I'm up and walking! How about you? I heard that you had a close brush with danger in our last battle.

Helllo.png?dl=0Ah, well... I'm fine now...But I wasn't worried.

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0What?! Why not?

Helllo.png?dl=0I thought about your strategies in combat, so I knew what to do! It was all part of the plan, sort of like that strategy you used back in our first battle together.

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0The battle that almost got you killed?!

Helllo.png?dl=0I know you always do your best to protect us. That's why I felt so confident in that battle! I wasn't in any real danger.

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0Gah! Florina, that was a mistake on my part in that first battle! Please, be a little more careful on the battlefield!

Helllo.png?dl=0But-

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0You-you're too important to me to let you die! If anything happens to you, I don't know if I can carry on...

Helllo.png?dl=0You care that much about me?

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0Yeah...

Helllo.png?dl=0All right. But I'll still keep you safe with all of my strength!

ThE mApP

image.png.db444899eac615a4b17c563fd97471bd.png

This map is very easy. And very boring. For this map, it's not so much what's wrong, but what's NOT wrong...

The only two things that aren't wrong are that we're almost done with the prologue and that we get Performance enhancing drugs an energy ring from the village, which would be quite hard to save if Florina was toast.

What's wrong with this map?

Well,

1. Lundgren is WAAAAAAY too powerful and he's equipped with a silver lance and a javelin, the former of which can OHKO Lyn and the latter she cannot counterattack. On top of that, his defense is insane, his strength is high enough to OHKO most units with a silver lance and with a javelin can deal more damage than Serra can heal. (Well, a paper cut deals more damage than what Serra can heal, but you get the idea. We need many vulneraries for Lucius.) And, to top that all off, he's got great res. It hurts to say it, but Dorcas is by far the best option to take him out. Well, a promoted Sain would make short work of him with a heavy spear, but I'm not good, so we don't have that.
  2. The enemies are standard Lyn mode. Ergo, they suck.
  3. The forests make this map a crawl to cross, and to make it worse...
  4. Rain. Which for some reason makes it so that nobody other than Florina and Rath can move much more than two spaces.

...And I'm bored. Let's train Dorcas. I've used everybody but him and Rath, so why not? He still out levels the enemies by exactly the same margin as he did in chapter 4. That hammer looks like it can deal a ton of damage and it only weighs down Dorcas by one point of speed!

Please tell me Amelia doesn't join at a higher level than the endgame enemies...

And we have enough deployment spots, so why not, let's bring everyone.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-31.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-32.png?dl=

We start off with everyone moving forwards very slowly and a bard level!

I evidently didn't learn my lesson the other two times, so I'm sending Florina downwards!

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-33.png?dl=

Great. It seems like the rain starts on turn three. Urgh.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-35.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-38.png?dl=

Well, we all know how that's going to turn out. The archer near Lucius awaited the exact same fate.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-41.png?dl=

Why are the generics so bad?! Erk should not be able to one round other mages!

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-42.png?dl=

Here comes the rain again. Since there's not much moving to be had, let's feed this archer to Dorcas! Once Dorcas gets there. Which will take about four turns in the rain.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-43.png?dl=

Yay! It's only gonna last two turns! And yes, that was a turn where we just moved forwards.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-44.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-45.png?dl=

It's so refreshing to see a unit who doesn't ORKO everything in sight! And I actually mean it!

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-46.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-47.png?dl=

I checked that archer's range, and I don't think he can reach Florina? Not that it matters, she can't die on this turn unless the Bandit has a pair of boots and re-move.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-48.png?dl=

Oh gosh oh darn three damage.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-49.png?dl=

That'll teach 'em.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-50.png?dl=

WHY WOULD YOU ATTACK THE GUY WHO HAS A TWENTY PERCENT HIGHER CHANCE TO KILL YOU THAN DORCAS?! AND HE DOUBLES YOU!

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-51.png?dl=

Lucius points to the door. The archer obliges and leaves.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-52.png?dl=

Oh god! Why do I keep tempting fate like this?

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-53.png?dl=

Hah! I don't need fate on my side! I only need Florina!

And that does it for the enemy phase! The glorious sun shines down upon us once more!

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-54.png?dl=

She loses four AS and still doubles.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-55.png?dl=

Florina shanks any and all who shall attack her!

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-56.png?dl=

The first member of the army to leave the first swath of forest is Dorcas, who proceeds to break and enter into this guy's house.

"Buy stuff from my dad's shop, which sells stuff that is good against armor knights. Knock over the stump to get there because..."

Wait, hold up. This was all just generic tutorial and then...

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-65.png?dl=

Uhh...What? He destroyed the only way to get to and from the armory and shop? Doesn't that mean that your dad and whoever runs the other shop, (I guess this guy's mom, why not) have just been stranded there since he took out the bridge?! Jeez, no wonder those reinforcements Lundgren was expecting couldn't be half-arsed to show up. Heck, he probably broke the bridge to the grocery store where they were stationed because they might sell food to someone who doesn't like him.

I also like how this guy doesn't care much about how his dad is stranded at all. He must be having a wild time partying while his dad can't stop him.

...Back to Florina on enemy phase!

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-70.png?dl=

Good thing I took out that archer last turn. She'd be rather close to death.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-71.png?dl=

She'd still be doing better than this guy.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-72.png?dl=

Hmm...I could have her visit the village, but I can canto her away if she visits it next turn. DO IT.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-73.png?dl=Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-74.png?dl=

Hey! That got Florina to level up! Ehh, it'll probably just be skill and luck.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-75.png?dl=

ZOINKS THAT'S A GOOD LEVEL!  She still hasn't gained defense, but she must have a 15% growth on it or something. I like how the "turns" are just Florina doing stuff because nobody else can move. Speaking of which, enemy phase!

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-76.png?dl=

Flashbang! I have no idea what was happening here.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-77.png?dl=

And that's all for enemy phase!

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-78.png?dl=

Sure, why not. Better you than Florina.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-79.png?dl=

Good.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-84.png?dl=

Florina visits the village then makes like lettuce and Bolts. Who needs to repair the bridge to the shop? I have Florina on my side!

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-90.png?dl=

I should really learn not to put archers in the range of enemies.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-91.png?dl=

Arg! Well, it was nice while there was no rain.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-93.png?dl=

Please, Rath, critn't.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-95.png?dl=

Perfect!

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-96.png?dl=

I love Dorcas. Top-tier material. How the heck can the FE6 fighters be better than the FE7 ones despite axes being nerfed in that game?! Loooooooooootttt....Please...I need you...

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-97.png?dl=

I LOVE DORCAS.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-98.png?dl=

I LOVE DORCAS!!!!!!

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-99.png?dl=

Florina, please fix my mind. Twelve strength! Eat that, Sain!

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-100.png?dl

This brigand's just gonna attack Shin Rath next turn, so I'll feed him to Wil.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-101.png?dl

There we go.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-102.png?dl

That's all an archer needs, so I'm fine with this. Although, I am only using him because I want the accuracy for Kishuna...Has he even grown in skill yet?

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-103.png?dl

Dorcas, if you'd been hit by that, I'd seriously consider not training you.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-104.png?dl

Much better!

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-105.png?dl

That means it's only gonna rain for this turn.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-106.png?dl

Perfect! Chip him down for Dorcas, please.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-107.png?dl

Thanks.

...This went on for a good while. I'll just show a compilation of Dorcas's fails.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-109.png?dlFire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-113.png?dlFire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-138.png?dl

That doesn't look bad, but I can tell you that, combined with the fact that Wil missed his 70% hit rate four times, this made the eight turns spent training him on these cavs very tedious. It wasn't without merit!

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-122.png?dl

If this was anyone else on the team, I'd be happy. For Dorcas...I'm not so sure that it's a good level. But the defense helps!

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-151.png?dl

Deja vu, much.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-130.png?dl

Florina ORKOs this knight, and we now have only one enemy left!

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-152.png?dl

Heeeeeerrrreee's Lundgren! I talked about him earlier.

We started fighting him on turn 18.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-153.png?dl

This matchup is not in Dorcas's favor.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-154.png?dl

You can't see due to my mad LP screenshot skills, but that is 5X2 damage; this is why I would prefer Skill/Magic for Lucius; he doubles Lundgren anyways.

...And for the next fifteen turns, I chip with Lucius. Dorcas helpfully misses a lot. This was especially slow because Dorcas cannot survive being hit on player and enemy phase, even if one of the hits was a javelin.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-168.png?dl

Lucius eventually got this level from all of the chipping.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-178.png?dlFire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-182.png?dl

Serra is the only one of my units who dodged more than once; Lucius didn't dodge the 50-ish hitrate one him once, Dorcas evaded once, Wil didn't dodge in his one round of combat, but Serra dodged both times she had to. And then did this.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-193.png?dl

E   N  D  G  A  M  E     R  E  A  D  Y

Enough of that, let's watch Dorcas fail a bit more!

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-202.png?dl

The turncount is well into the forties now. Please, just end this! Dorcas has missed the ending blow thrice! Lucius is still chipping away, and earns himself this:

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-208.png?dl

Bwahaha! Yes! More chip damage! He's slow for Lucius, but I'm pretty happy with his growths.

Now then...

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-210.png?dl

At long last...

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-212.png?dlFire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-213.png?dl

It

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-214.png?dl

is

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-216.png?dl

over.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-217.png?dl

WAY TO RUIN THE MOMENT, DORCAS!

This seems like the opportune moment to play this, then.

I'm sorry.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-218.png?dlFire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-219.png?dl

It took way too long, but it's over. Let's go see grandpa!

xaLP25Q.pngjHKfSMM.pngwh2PCYc.png

Great, now you've made Lyn use her sad portrait.

5NyCCe4.pngyvAG3wB.pngCJBa7th.pngrqHdEjG.pngSuI47Lp.pngC4dWhYi.pngoa19s23.png6dP5qM6.png4MzBsCg.pngWVvtlKT.png

9sjmNrP.png

zTrOBn8.pngq5Ejbwp.pnglW8LHZ9.pngrGBEvqe.pngldV8IDv.pngyueki9y.pngzBp7HEn.pngzBzzmPt.pngBUnQJLD.pngCR54An2.pngZImjcV5.pngnVt8yTc.pngqI3Z9XV.png0G83HVJ.pngvtXAQiO.pngTAGmqIA.png

4wQRKoY.pngTbDETST.png

Yes, I can tell by your frown.

QnJU59G.png

Hold up, what? I did not go through Lyn mode just to let you die!

rbDuwS8.png

You tell him, Lyn! I'd boycott your game if he died!

rLycrzT.png421OFCc.pngOtf7lWM.png6ETxUXh.pngBm7NfaS.png9wjfdnK.pngYWlctxT.png

xdz4ENs.png

I'm not sure if it's his face or the ... being placed in the spot that it is, but he sounds real sarcastic.

dc5tEq2.pngTOjXEBe.pngwBrsFIg.png4bi9zZw.pngQyf1j3k.pngckDwNIE.pngnryEt6v.pngNl8aEm0.png

And then there's a lot more talking between Lyn and all of our units other than Rath and Dorcas, but nothing the endings won't cover.

Lyn%20portrait.png?dl=0My dude, thank you for everything you've done for us.

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0You're welcome. I nearly got us all killed, but all's well, that ends well.

Lyn%20portrait.png?dl=0All I know is that you're going to go far as a tactician-and I've seen you at work! My dude, on behalf of all of Caelin, please accept this badge. For your service to Caelin, you have been dubbed an honorary knight of Lycia.

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0Thank you! Err-I mean, thank you, Lady Lyndis. I will wear this badge with pride.

Helllo.png?dl=0Y-you're leaving, right?

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0Yes. I'm planning to head off to Ostia now.

Helllo.png?dl=0*Sniff* I'm going to miss you! Pl-please, stay safe!

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0I will. I promise that I'll come back soon.

Helllo.png?dl=0Really and truly?!

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0Of course. I can't leave my friends behind!

Helllo.png?dl=0Oh, thank you so much!

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0OOF! Florina, don't hug me so tight! M-my ribs!

Helllo.png?dl=0I'm not going to let go of you yet...

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0(Should I tell her? I...I've gotta say something!) ... Uh... All right, I'll try to say it...*Inhales*Fl-florina...I...I...I love you.

Helllo.png?dl=0Oh! Wow!I-me too! I love you too!

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0Really?

Helllo.png?dl=0Yes! I-oh, I'm so very happy!

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0Phew! I was really nervous about that. Florina, I promise that I'll return to Caelin as soon as possible. Until then, I'll write to you often...Then I'll settle down here in Caelin. I just have to drop off a parcel in Ostia.

Helllo.png?dl=0That sounds lovely. I'll be waiting for you!

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0I love you...See you soon...

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0Ahh! The trail to Ostia lies ahead! I'll just drop off the parcel my mum asked me to then head back to Caelin! Then I'll be back in Florina's arms! And the best part is, I don't have to run everywhere!

l.png?dl=0You there!

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0Hm?

l.png?dl=0You have a medal that says you are a knight of Lycia!

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0Well, technically yes, bu-

l.png?dl=0There's been a small riot in Pherae and we need some more knights to help!

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0But-

l.png?dl=0No ifs or buts, get going, recruit! And hustle! We need to be there by morning!

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0Aurghhh! That's a twenty four kilometer route!

l.png?dl=0Hurry it up!

cnSOMZa.png

Kent was an entirely solid unit- I have no complaints about him. He had solid, consistent growths and I hope that he'll maintain those growths throughout Hector mode. And I hope he survives.

xnzJSZu.pngDiLd2rx.png

Sain...His growths were rather shaky throughout, but I won't say no to eleven strength.  It's Lyn mode, so only HHM will tell to see if his growths were good enough.

Z19w8TJ.pngcqnTRtd.png

Florina by all rights should have died in chapter three; she got lucky and dodged and proceeded to become quite capable-she struggled with being weighed down by things not called slim lances and the axefest that is early Lyn mode, but ten strength before getting the energy ring is outstanding, especially for a pegasus knight; twelve strength is almost overkill. If she doesn't want to fall off, she's going to need to pick up some more speed. She also led my team in battles.

3qUyoC2.png24mB1Ro.png

Wil saw the second most combat in my team, most of it was in Chapter 10 where he was chipping for Dorcas. Wil had very unremarkable growths, but they were fine, I suppose. He might fall off, but I want his supports for Rebbecca on the dread isle. (What is wrong with me, using two archers?!)

aex6lQY.pngoKVtQxD.png

Dorcas was bad. His growths were decent, but not in the things that it mattered for him. I don't want to use him, but I will if Bartre dies early. However, Dorcas was a lifesaver against Lundgren. Notably, he caused the deaths of both Lundgren and Lyn.

qcPsBSZ.pngg24zfFV.png

E        N        D        G        A       M       E                R         E        A        D        Y

Serra was absolutely awful. I can't even believe it.

I can't wait to keep using her! I will! Only death will bench Serra! I'm not giving up!

RRXesR9.pngl7n7YvL.png

Erk was mediocre. I feel like he'll die in his rejoin chapter. I might use him if he gets some good levels in HHM since I refuse to use Pent, but otherwise Canas will be handling all of my magic needs.

uyOQFYn.png1Gc3071.png

Rath didn't do much, but he is undeniably better than Wil in every way, which means I cannot use him. If both Wil and Rebecca die/are horrible, I will probably use him, though.

KXKOE88.png

He had one good level. That's about all I can ask from a thief.

8oPg3pu.pngUrRxLEf.png

Nils is blessed. 9 defense won't keep him invincible when he and Ninian rejoin, but it is an awesome start.

txPbjhz.png

Lucius made Eagler and Lundgren beatable. He had a few great levels, but is quite slow for himself. If my army has an open slot, I'll happily take him, but otherwise he is unlikely to see much use.

2d2QR5J.pngQJm4rh3.png

Four battles won in four battles. The man was invincible and could double the enemy soldiers despite having 5 AS. He'll be terrible when he returns, but he was helpful for Ch. 9.

HEwDbWR.png

My dude promises to write often and says that he'll return soon to settle down with Florina. Sadly for him, a wrench was thrown into his plans.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-353.png?dl

Urk...Those two losses hurt my eyes...

eXWbmqn.pngbo4a3v5.png

N: Perhaps she is thinking of the plains of Sacae, far away over the mountains.

And that is a wrap on Lyn mode!

...Except that I was using the wrong ROM and therefore started Eliwood normal instead of Hector Hard.

Which means that I'll have to replay it then edit the characters so they have the right bases for when they rejoin. This may take me a while.

Either way, thanks for reading so far, and since there's likely to be a gap between this update and the next one, I'd like to hear feedback! This was a loooooooong update, so I'll conclude Glass's tale in the next one.

See you later!

On 4/28/2020 at 5:24 PM, Benice said:

Forgive me for living under a rock that is under a mountain. I swear, I'm a 1,467 year old soul in a young body. I can barely understand a thing people in my school say.

This meme is old though. Like 2000s old, it's older than me I think.

Gah...Well, that was a Knight's crest down the drain. Not that anyone aside from Wallace could use it. I doubt that my funds reached 20,000, but we'll see. Maybe.

I mean, you probably weren't even trying to use it so *shrug* And well I was wrong, it works like this:
Below 20,000 gold: Nothing
Between 20,000 and 29,999: Red Gem
Between 30,000 and 32,999: Blue Gem
33,000 or more: White Gem.

A Knight Crest costs 10,000. So if you combine that with like your weapons and gold then you probably will total over 20,000 atleast.

E   N   D      G   A   M   E      R   E   A   D   Y

Fuck off

2 hours ago, Benice said:

Sadly, this will be another short update from a gameplay perspective because Ch. 10 returns to the Lyn mode abbyss of boring.

I wish LHM was actually hard you know?

Zoink.png?dl=0Indeed. My mother had me reading the university surgical health textbooks when I was his age. She wanted my son here to have at least read Sankapoftz's dissertation on sociology. Alas, perhaps next year.

Lmao

Lundgren is WAAAAAAY too powerful and he's equipped with a silver lance and a javelin, the former of which can OHKO Lyn and the latter she cannot counterattack. On top of that, his defense is insane, his strength is high enough to OHKO most units with a silver lance and with a javelin can deal more damage than Serra can heal. (Well, a paper cut deals more damage than what Serra can heal, but you get the idea. We need many vulneraries for Lucius.) And, to top that all off, he's got great res. It hurts to say it, but Dorcas is by far the best option to take him out. Well, a promoted Sain would make short work of him with a heavy spear, but I'm not good, so we don't have that.

Finally a boss that requires more than two brain cells.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-51.png?dl=

Lucius points to the door. The archer obliges and leaves.

lol

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-52.png?dl=

Oh god! Why do I keep tempting fate like this?

>12 damage
What the fuck.

"Buy stuff from my dad's shop, which sells stuff that is good against armor knights.

They're just steel weapons, not even effective.

Please, Rath, critn't.

You guys have ever seen a Short Bow crit? They never do on my side, but I've lost several units to one specific fucker in the dread isle with a Short Bow.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-193.png?dl

E   N  D  G  A  M  E     R  E  A  D  Y

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0(Should I tell her? I...I've gotta say something!) ... Uh... All right, I'll try to say it...*Inhales*Fl-florina...I...I...I love you.

Helllo.png?dl=0Oh! Wow!I-me too! I love you too!

Well now I wonder what the next substory will be.

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0Ahh! The trail to Ostia lies ahead! I'll just drop off the parcel my mum asked me to then head back to Caelin! Then I'll be back in Florina's arms! And the best part is, I don't have to run everywhere!

l.png?dl=0You there!

l.png?dl=0There's been a small riot in Pherae and we need some more knights to help!

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0But-

l.png?dl=0No ifs or buts, get going, recruit! And hustle! We need to be there by morning!

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0Aurghhh! That's a twenty four kilometer route!

l.png?dl=0Hurry it up!

Well shit. Though HHM takes place one year later.

I can't wait to keep using her! I will! Only death will bench Serra! I'm not giving up!

Serra sucks assssss and Erk's dick, I mean no amoun of payment would Erk allow to go with her.

Edited by This boi uses Nino

7 hours ago, This boi uses Nino said:

Bah an image doesn't due this classic meme justice.

It was always a video meme back in the old New Grounds days. The heart of it was always that opening scene from a game actually release in "English" (I think it may have helped spark the phrase Engrish), but the ludicrous photo-shopping and song were what drove it to memedom.

Ahh, Dropbox, the one friend who did not abandon me. Imgur uploaded all of the images in the wrong order and randomly had pictures of Lyn's death in ch. 4, Google images failed to upload half the images and required three and a half brain cells to use...But good old dropbox still has its lengthy but dependable dl.dropboxusercontent.com thing.

I did try to warn you about how finicky Google images was.

INHALES.png?dl=0Not this time, Hugh. These people that we'll be fighting are dangerous.

The green hair is a nice touch, hinting at her familial tie to her niece Nino.

...And I'm bored. Let's train Dorcas. I've used everybody but him and Rath, so why not? He still out levels the enemies by exactly the same margin as he did in chapter 4. That hammer looks like it can deal a ton of damage and it only weighs down Dorcas by one point of speed!

...Poor Rath, the only one to be truly banished to the Lyn mode bench. He is frustratingly underused in this game.

Please, Rath, critn't.

Critn't is a new word for me, but I guess its a portmanteau of don't crit.

10 hours ago, Benice said:

l.png?dl=0You there!

Marcus? riot in Pharae? How is My dude going to avoid Eliwood mode at this rate?

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-217.png?dl

WAY TO RUIN THE MOMENT, DORCAS!

So much effort for Dorcas.

10 hours ago, Benice said:

Rath didn't do much, but he is undeniably better than Wil in every way, which means I cannot use him. If both Wil and Rebecca die/are horrible, I will probably use him, though.

Rath's rejoin time makes him a lot worse than you are hinting at here. Much as I like him, he is underused for a reason.

8 hours ago, This boi uses Nino said:

and Erk's dick, I mean no amoun of payment would Erk allow to go with her.

But then she wont be shipping the lords with her fellow forever alone friend Sain.

11 hours ago, Benice said:

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-9.png?dl=0Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-10.png?dl=

You know, I never understood why he wouldn't get those reinforcements. Did we kill them all? Or do they just not care?

They're talking about the guys Eliwood kept from being deployed the other Lycian Marquesses. You know, because the idea was they'd curry favor with Lundgren by assisting him in disposing of Lyn and cementing his title... but now they aren't interfering he's got nothing. Which could have theoretically happened anyway if the others were moral.. but let's not forget Darin of Laus outright allies with Ephidel later, and Helman of Santuraz is more of a follower than a leader, and that guy from Araphen is already established as sour over Lyn's mother. Yep. I'd say at least three areas would have fell in line.

12 hours ago, Benice said:

And, to top that all off, he's got great res. It hurts to say it, but Dorcas is by far the best option to take him out. Well, a promoted Sain would make short work of him with a heavy spear, but I'm not good, so we don't have that.

Or a rescue ferry set up would work pretty well too, as it gets the unit out of range so they can heal up, then attack another turn. You just need a cav to rescue because canto allows them to move right after, someone with the con to take the rescued part off the cav and drop them, Serra to heal them (not that she's going to do the full job). This also if done right can keep him permanently equipped to the javelin or silver spear as to your preference by letting him attack with whichever one on his phase, then always guaranteeing he doesn't attack on enemy phase again. Further you can basically do the same with a mage and Nils refreshing the mage if you're keeping him silver lance locked so that you can get two rounds of chipping with said mage and then remove them by rescue drop. *note* I think that's what you did more or less having finished (which I kind of expected it being a useful trick on the GBA games). But in case you didn't... yeah keep that in mind for later stationary foes.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-53.png?dl=

Hah! I don't need fate on my side! I only need Florina!

And that does it for the enemy phase! The glorious sun shines down upon us once more!

TO be fair, the guy would have had a hard time killing her with that damage. Man... archers really suck worse than I remembered in this game. Which is saying something.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-96.png?dl=

I love Dorcas. Top-tier material. How the heck can the FE6 fighters be better than the FE7 ones despite axes being nerfed in that game?! Loooooooooootttt....Please...I need you...

Ironically Dorcas completely carried my first FE7 playthrough... which was my first FE playthrough. So I have an unreasonable amount of bias towards him because the only time I used him he did the job. That said... I think they nerfed the fighters in 7 to make up for the buffs to axes... and went overboard.

Fire%20Emblem%20(U)%20%5B!%5D-101.png?dl

There we go.

Wilted under pressure.

10 hours ago, This boi uses Nino said:

You guys have ever seen a Short Bow crit? They never do on my side, but I've lost several units to one specific fucker in the dread isle with a Short Bow.

When Rath joins in that scripted fight? Otherwise I'm drawing a blank because I rarely use the things.

1 hour ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

...Poor Rath, the only one to be truly banished to the Lyn mode bench. He is frustratingly underused in this game.

Tell me about it. I've used both Wil and Rebecca in one run (my first at that), and yet I've still never used Rath. His rejoin time just kills it for me.

3 hours ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

When Rath joins in that scripted fight? Otherwise I'm drawing a blank because I rarely use the things.

Yeah, exactly. Never!

8 hours ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

4 hours ago, This boi uses Nino said:

Yeah, exactly. Never!

I mean, you can use them if you really want to train bow rank quickly, but that rarely is ever needed. I think I have only ever used them to do that once in a mainstream fire emblem game.

I finally got through Lyn mode and restored everyone to their proper stats/levels as per the one that you guys saw!

As such, this is a shameless filler update. But we do get to see the end of Glass's tale. Sorry about the big delay, but after this the updates should come quickly!

The replies:

Spoiler
On 5/1/2020 at 5:50 PM, This boi uses Nino said:

I have an excuse! Yesss!

I mean, you probably weren't even trying to use it so *shrug* And well I was wrong, it works like this:
Below 20,000 gold: Nothing
Between 20,000 and 29,999: Red Gem
Between 30,000 and 32,999: Blue Gem
33,000 or more: White Gem.
A Knight Crest costs 10,000. So if you combine that with like your weapons and gold then you probably will total over 20,000 atleast.

*Has 19,998 gold* It might have been close, but it is inconsequential as I am going to essentially skip Lyn mode.

Fuck off

I do hope that you are speaking to Serra. And I do hope you're not saying that to her magic growth, because she really needs it.

I wish LHM was actually hard you know?

It's a very long, extended tutorial, even in hard mode. It is too bad, because aside from some plot holes, the story's not horrendous.

Lmao

Finally a boss that requires more than two brain cells.

If Dorcas had just hit on one of his first two attempts, it would have saved eight turns! I don't mind Bosses having offensive capabilities, but it's rather annoying to stand in front of them for 18 turns. Better than Henning and Morgan Leygance, though!

lol

That was a good frame to catch.

>12 damage
What the fuck.

I love "Hard" mode. And people say FE8's easy, at least it's possible to get Vanessa killed by an archer. (Not easy, but possible.)

They're just steel weapons, not even effective.

I think it had an armorslayer and/or heavy spear too, but I didn't buy either of them.

In the FE6 succession ironman, yes. (It dealt 0 damage, but still.) And also Rath's scripted battle. But otherwise, no.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Serra in a nutshell.

Well now I wonder what the next substory will be.

You'll seeeee!

Well shit. Though HHM takes place one year later.

I've got it all figured out. Mostly.

Serra sucks assssss and Erk's dick, I mean no amoun of payment would Erk allow to go with her.

She's going to endgame if she survives: It's an LP rule!

On 5/2/2020 at 2:25 AM, Eltosian Kadath said:

Bah an image doesn't due this classic meme justice.

It was always a video meme back in the old New Grounds days. The heart of it was always that opening scene from a game actually release in "English" (I think it may have helped spark the phrase Engrish), but the ludicrous photo-shopping and song were what drove it to memedom.

Oh my days. I am concerned.

I did try to warn you about how finicky Google images was.

Alas, I did not heed your words.

The green hair is a nice touch, hinting at her familial tie to her niece Nino.

'Ooray, someone noticed!

He's good at base and therefore cannot be used; I don't like using people with high base stats. Hence why I put off training Dorcas until he was far worse than everyone else.

Critn't is a new word for me, but I guess its a portmanteau of don't crit.

It sounded good when I said it aloud, so it's a word now! (That's how things work, right?)

Marcus? riot in Pharae? How is My dude going to avoid Eliwood mode at this rate?

You'll seeeeeeee!

So much effort for Dorcas.

"What happened to Dorcas?"

"I gave him three levels."

"Bwhahaha!"

Rath's rejoin time makes him a lot worse than you are hinting at here. Much as I like him, he is underused for a reason.

The only reason I didn't use him is because he joined at level seven. I still sorta want to use him since he'll be a proper growth unit in HHM.

But then she wont be shipping the lords with her fellow forever alone friend Sain.

Will Serra win Erk's heart?! Find out on the next season of the Badchelor.

On 5/2/2020 at 4:22 AM, The Roger The Paladin said:

They're talking about the guys Eliwood kept from being deployed the other Lycian Marquesses. You know, because the idea was they'd curry favor with Lundgren by assisting him in disposing of Lyn and cementing his title... but now they aren't interfering he's got nothing. Which could have theoretically happened anyway if the others were moral.. but let's not forget Darin of Laus outright allies with Ephidel later, and Helman of Santuraz is more of a follower than a leader, and that guy from Araphen is already established as sour over Lyn's mother. Yep. I'd say at least three areas would have fell in line.

You will not insult the lord of Mayonnaise, Helman! He tries to do the right thing!

ok.jpg?dl=0

But otherwise, yeah, you are probably right. I'd feel more sympathetic for Araphen's marquess if Caelin's army wasn't a joke; currying favor with Lundgren ain't getting them very far.

Or a rescue ferry set up would work pretty well too, as it gets the unit out of range so they can heal up, then attack another turn. You just need a cav to rescue because canto allows them to move right after, someone with the con to take the rescued part off the cav and drop them, Serra to heal them (not that she's going to do the full job). This also if done right can keep him permanently equipped to the javelin or silver spear as to your preference by letting him attack with whichever one on his phase, then always guaranteeing he doesn't attack on enemy phase again. Further you can basically do the same with a mage and Nils refreshing the mage if you're keeping him silver lance locked so that you can get two rounds of chipping with said mage and then remove them by rescue drop. *note* I think that's what you did more or less having finished (which I kind of expected it being a useful trick on the GBA games). But in case you didn't... yeah keep that in mind for later stationary foes.

That is indeed what I did, (minus Nils because he got left behind) But the rain made it really hard because I could either rescue/drop Dorcas or Lucius on any given turn as the rain essentially negated canto. But I certainly wasn't that efficient in this battle.

TO be fair, the guy would have had a hard time killing her with that damage. Man... archers really suck worse than I remembered in this game. Which is saying something.

Double weapon might has that effect. And the enemies are scrubs too.

Ironically Dorcas completely carried my first FE7 playthrough... which was my first FE playthrough. So I have an unreasonable amount of bias towards him because the only time I used him he did the job. That said... I think they nerfed the fighters in 7 to make up for the buffs to axes... and went overboard.

Dorcas?! I'd actually like to see what he looks like trained up...

Why not do it myself, actually? I'm sure most of the army will die and I'll have a surplus of promotion items. Besides, defense twice in two levels means that he may be Lot but a little bit worse! Tanky fighters are undervalued IMO because axes have enough might to cover a lack of strength. Besides, more deaths are good, right?

Wilted under pressure.

You are getting rid of my Wil to tell puns. In terms of strength though, Wil has no equwil. He is also going to be Wolt's father in the sequwil.

I guess because of 2rn, ~10 crit doesn't go that far.

Tell me about it. I've used both Wil and Rebecca in one run (my first at that), and yet I've still never used Rath. His rejoin time just kills it for me.

I've actually never used any Nomad/Nomadic trooper, (Not counting the FE6 succession run or Ranger!Neimi)  and his rejoin time is very bad; I believe that it's also right before the part where deployment gets real tight.

On 5/2/2020 at 12:45 PM, Hello72207 said:

I mean, you can use them if you really want to train bow rank quickly, but that rarely is ever needed. I think I have only ever used them to do that once in a mainstream fire emblem game.

They give good Bow exp? Huh, I guess they do have a use.

Shameless filler update:

Spoiler

Zoink.png?dl=0According to the map and from what we've seen, the bandits seem to have two bases; one northeast of here and one due west.

INHALES.png?dl=0The one northeast seems to be more of a camp, whereas the one to the west is much more of a stronghold. As such, their forces principaly strike from the west and head northeast, taking everything and everyone they can carry. They then appear to leave their valuables at their eastern camp and return to the western one.

Helen.png?dl=0Taking people? How horrible...

UwU.png?dl=0The bandit group I was once a part of did something similar to this. We always looked for the vulnerable. If they were women, it was a bonus.

Helen.png?dl=0Oh dear...These poor townspeople.

Smolya.png?dl=0I don't suppose that some of the bandits come from the northeastern camp during the raids too?

INHALES.png?dl=0They frequently do. often scale the cliffs behind the village.

Smolya.png?dl=0That would mean that their camp is less defended. It would be an opportune time to strike and free the captives.

Zoink.png?dl=0We have thought of that also. However, the bandits would return long before we would be able to escape.

UwU.png?dl=0We can provide a distraction. We defend the village long enough for you to free the captives.

Zoink.png?dl=0There are some convenient fortifications in front of the village which the village built in case of a scenario like this,

INHALES.png?dl=0However, the bandits who attack from the northeast camp cannot be stopped without scaling the cliffs yourselves. Although you may delay the main force, they may still overcome you and the brigands from northeast will have not been delayed. They appear to be a well-organized group. Everyone has their distinct role.

Smolya.png?dl=0What if we give the northeastern camp something better to attack and take?

Zoink.png?dl=0Dear lady, you are far too young and have too much to live for to be considering that path. It is not worth the sacrifice.

Smolya.png?dl=0That's...Not...What I meant. We strike at the brigand's stronghold. If their fortress is being attacked, they may want to assist in the defense.

INHALES.png?dl=0That is a risky gambit...

Zoink.png?dl=0It may be our best chance to stop any more innocent lives from being taken.

Helen.png?dl=0Can you two truly take on a full group of bandits?

INHALES.png?dl=0Maybe.

Zoink.png?dl=0Or maybe not. We have to try.

INHALES.png?dl=0When we arrived a few months back, this town had three hundred people.

Zoink.png?dl=0Bandit attacks have whittled it down to one hundred and twenty two, including yourselves. The streets used to be full of playing children...

INHALES.png?dl=0But no longer. These atrocities must be stopped.

UwU.png?dl=0Perhaps you can take Lawrence with you.

Captain%20Lawrence.png?dl=0CAPTAIN Lawrence. And as a man who has seen battlefields for his whole life, we don't got the numbers to divide and conquer. I'd feel confident taking down these bandits if I had a wing of Pegasus knights behind me and no less. Even if Lauris and Canas are competent, two people shouldn't be able to take a camp alone.

Wait%20whos%20joe.png?dl=0I shall accompany you.

UwU.png?dl=0Who the heck is this yahoo? Why do people randomly show up?

OY%20VEY.png?dl=0Hmph. Trifle not with us.

Wait%20whos%20joe.png?dl=0Forgive us for butting in. I'm Aegeas, former Wyvern Knight of bern, current Etrurian captain. I heard the pleas of these people, and while I am currently in Etruria's army, I will not hesitate to help any in need.

OY%20VEY.png?dl=0I will not divulge my name, but know that foes cannot stand before me as long as I have an anima tome.

Wait%20whos%20joe.png?dl=0We do not have much time, so we'd like to free the captives as soon as possible.

UwU.png?dl=0Well, that's convenient.

INHALES.png?dl=0We bid you good luck!

Helen.png?dl=0You also.

Captain%20Lawrence.png?dl=0Bwaha! Battle gets my blood pumpin'! I'm hyped for this!

Smolya.png?dl=0If I impress lady Lauris with my combat prowess, maybe she'll tutor me in anima magic!

Helen.png?dl=0Sir Glass, you look troubled.

UwU.png?dl=0The enemy's tactics are frighteningly similar to those of the bandit group I was once part of...I fear that I will be facing my past.

Helen.png?dl=0Oh dear...I don't know if there's anything I can do to help, but I'll be with you the whole way.

CCBBBBC.png?dl=0Are you alright?

Yoink.png?dl=0Wh-what? Where am I? Why am I here? Oh wait, I remember you. Why am I lying on the ground with a block of ice on my head?

CCBBBBC.png?dl=0You collapsed around noon while I waited until I was supposed to punish you at six thirty tonight.

Yoink.png?dl=0Why'd you help me, then? You could have saved yourself a knife and left me.

CCBBBBC.png?dl=0My job was to punish you. This may be as low as a human can possibly get, but I'm sick of being alone. By golly, even if I have to do amoral things to do it, I will hold hands with someone who loves me someday! I need money to get myself off of the streets. If this is what I have to do, so be it! If I have to hurt you anyways, I'd rather see you go home to your family than die alone in the mountains.

Yoink.png?dl=0You're alone?

CCBBBBC.png?dl=0Unimportant. Rest up. Maybe good news will come and I'll let you go.

Yoink.png?dl=0No, I want to hear this!

CCBBBBC.png?dl=0I don't want you feeling sorry for me. I'm scum.

Yoink.png?dl=0Tell me.

CCBBBBC.png?dl=0...I don't know who my parents are. I grew up without a possession or friend to my name. The orphanages would never take me in and nobody would help an urchin from the streets. When I turned twelve, I got my first job as a mercenary. I didn't have to beg for food after that. I liked being able to sleep in a place where it was dry and safe. I want money so I can keep moving up and become rich.

Yoink.png?dl=0What does rich mean to you?

CCBBBBC.png?dl=0...Rest up. We'll probably have a long night ahead of us.

Yoink.png?dl=0*Gulp*

THE MAP:

Gfe.PNG?dl=0

The goal of the map is to sieze the ruins in the northwest corner of the map. I wish I hadn't already played it through about eighteen times already, but that's life.

And I'd best introduce our units!

HHM.emulator-0.png?dl=0HHM.emulator-5.png?dl=0

Glass is the Lord unit and is quite bad at base. I buffed his stats from what he was as a boss because he'd get absolutely destroyed by the enemies.

GROWTHS:

HP: 70 Str: 75 Skl: 60 Spd: 35 Def: 45 Res: 5 Luck: 10

He is heavily focused on being tanky, although his speed should be good enough to double slower enemies. The Mithril Saber, (Or sabre if you will) is his Prf weapon and is effective against Cavs and knights. It weighs him down a bit and he won't be doubling with it until promotion, but it packs a punch and a half.

HHM.emulator-1.png?dl=0

Helen's base stats are very good. She has paper thin defense, but is fairly dodgy and has great HP. She cannot fight and is the group's dedicated staffbot. She also joins with an A staves, (although it's mostly because there's not going to be many of these Glass maps.)

GROWTHS:

HP: 55 Mag: 60 Skl: 55 Spd: 60 Def: 5 Res: 50 Luck: 55

She is heavily offense-based growth wise and will be counting on her high base HP to keep herself alive.

HHM.emulator-2.png?dl=0

Brunnya's base stats are very similar to Helen's. I did nerf her speed a little bit after taking the screenshot. (so now it's nine)

GROWTHS:

HP: 45 Mag: 85 Skl: 55 Spd: 25 Def: 35 Res: 55 Luck: 35

She is a power mage, through and through. She's very squishy at base and will die very fast if I put her on the front lines. Her decent defense growth patches this a little, but her meager 45% HP drags her down a little bit.

HHM.emulator-4.png?dl=0

This is Lawrence's in-game portrait. It's how he sees himself. (Well, that's my excuse.) He'll still appear as recolored Duessel in the non-ingame text, though.

He is the early game prepromote and will be very helpful early on; aside from Brunnya, he is the only one who will be able to safely fight armor knights, (who I buffed to the extreme.) He also comes with a B in bows and can use the Brave Bow at base, not that we'll see it for a good long while.

GROWTHS:

HP: 70 Str: 65 Skl: 35 Spd: 15 Def: 25 Res: 20 Luck: 20

His growths are bad, but his decent strength and and skill may allow him to linger around before his speed falls off.

HHM-4.png?dl=0

And here's the boss! He's got a hand axe and an iron axe, so it'll be a bit tough to get rid of him.

HHM-5.png?dl=0

This house looks very innocent and definitely does not contain PG-13 content.

HHM-6.png?dl=0

Oh god, why did I have to catch THAT frame in her blinking sequence?

HHM-7.png?dl=0HHM-8.png?dl=0 HHM-13.png?dl=0HHM-14.png?dl=0HHM-15.png?dl=0

Yoink.png?dl=0He tried to hurt me...

CCBBBBC.png?dl=0*Gasp* Look over there! B-behind you!

Captain%20Lawrence.png?dl=0Not so fast!

CCBBBBC.png?dl=0Guk! L-let go of my neck! PUT THAT AXE DOWN!

Yoink.png?dl=0No, wait, stop! Don't kill him!

HHM-25.png?dl=0HHM-26.png?dl=0HHM-27.png?dl=0HHM-28.png?dl=0HHM-29.png?dl=0HHM-30.png?dl=0HHM-32.png?dl=0HHM-33.png?dl=0

HHM-34.png?dl=0HHM-35.png?dl=0HHM-36.png?dl=0HHM-37.png?dl=0HHM-38.png?dl=0

CCBBBBC.png?dl=0Uhh...Erm...Well...

Yoink.png?dl=0He can fight with daggers! I saw him defend our camp from some bandits.

Captain%20Lawrence.png?dl=0But do we really want someone like him in our mercenary group?

Yoink.png?dl=0He was just following orders...

HHM-43.png?dl=0HHM-44.png?dl=0HHM-45.png?dl=0HHM-46.png?dl=0HHM-47.png?dl=0

Yoink.png?dl=0Get out of my sight. I haven't forgotten how you've treated me. You saved me once, I returned the favor. Don't expect this again.

CCBBBBC.png?dl=0...St. Elimine, I messed up. How can I ever redeem myself?

HHM-52.png?dl=0HHM-55.png?dl=0

Our two new units!

Swift is a cavalier with awful, awful bases. Her speed is fine, but she won't be doubling anything other than armor knights for a good deal of time. She has decent CON, but is otherwise awful at base.

GROWTHS:

HP: 85 Str: 80 Skl: 50 Spd: 60 Def: 50 Res: 40 Luck: 35

Swift has amazing growths and might become one of our best units; however, even with these growths, it'll be a while until she can hold her own in a fight.

---

Marlowe is a thief; his bases are pretty good and he has thief utility.

GROWTHS:

HP: 75 Str: 35 Skl: 55 Spd: 60 Def: 30 Res: 35 Luck: 5

He's pretty good for a thief. His strength isn't anything to write home about, but there is something that should make him a passable combat unit, namely, daggers. I added daggers as a thief-exclusive weapon. They are super light, fairly accurate as a whole and negate defenses; however, most daggers have no might at all. Enemies are going to have them too, and I'm likely going to regret putting them in the game. But for now, I'll enjoy being the only one to have daggers.

HHM-56.png?dl=0HHM-59.png?dl=0

Brunnya goes toe-to-toe with a fellow mage, coming out victorious!

HHM-60.png?dl=0

Oh snap! Reinforcements! Who could have seen that coming?!

HHM-61.png?dl=0

Have a screenshot that is pointless. And yes, that brigand teleported from the fort he started on.

HHM-62.png?dl=0

Let's stop him from patenting his teleportation technology!

HHM-63.png?dl=0

Good start!

HHM-65.png?dl=0

Marlowe gets to work! This should become a good kill for Swift to take.

HHM-66.png?dl=0HHM-67.png?dl=0HHM-68.png?dl=0

Good! You may redeem yourself yet, Marlowe.

HHM-69.png?dl=0

Perfect! I'd best get Swift some levels here as the enemy stats are going to be really high if I do another update like this.

HHM-70.png?dl=0

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that Swift's animations don't work, so this will be the norm for her combat. Credit to Tequila for the stats with anims off patch! (I'll add this to the OP too.)

HHM-72.png?dl=0

I'd best equip Captain Lawrence with his bow so he doesn't decimate all of the brigands. I need that exp!

HHM-73.png?dl=0

Gah! Already?! I already mispositioned my healer?!

HHM-74.png?dl=0

Lawrence stretches his back, inadvertently dodging a bandit's attack.

HHM-75.png?dl=0HHM-77.png?dl=0

Nice! Marlowe is doing well so far.

HHM-78.png?dl=0

Good job, Glass.

HHM-79.png?dl=0

Jeigan time! It would really suck if I lost my healer this early.

HHM-80.png?dl=0HHM-81.png?dl=0

Can Brunnya double this guy? If not, I may have another kill for Swift.

HHM-82.png?dl=0

She doesn't double! If she hits, it'll be perfect for Swift.

HHM-83.png?dl=0

Where did my bad luck™️ go? Normally I'd miss that! Not going to complain!

HHM-84.png?dl=0

Eughghgh...She's barely able to take these guys out. Just weak enough for her to take them on, but the next time around, she'll have fallen behind too much unless she gets some decent levels.

HHM-85.png?dl=0HHM-86.png?dl=0

Gah! I shouldn't have said anything about my luck!

HHM-87.png?dl=0

She's healed back up, but Helen's in a bit of a spot.

HHM-89.png?dl=0

Glass puts his mighty Mithril Saber to good use!

HHM-90.png?dl=0

One less bandit to take out Brunnya or Helen.

HHM-93.png?dl=0

Marlowe's not going to get rid of this guy without a crit...

HHM-96.png?dl=0

No dice, but he didn't eat an axe in return.

HHM-97.png?dl=0

Ah! Two of those would finish Helen off!

HHM-98.png?dl=0

Watch out, Brunnya! The slime brigand's going after you!

HHM-100.png?dl=0

Great googly moogly, these map animations are hard to catch.

HHM-102.png?dl=0HHM-104.png?dl=0

That enemy phase went quite well!

HHM-105.png?dl=0

I do not like it when brigands threaten my cleric. Glass doesn't either.

HHM-106.png?dl=0

He won't bother Helen again.

HHM-107.png?dl=0

His hit rates aren't very good. I suppose everyone else has WTA, though.

HHM-108.png?dl=0HHM-109.png?dl=0HHM-110.png?dl=0

Yes! Perfect!

HHM-111.png?dl=0

FINISH HIM

HHM-112.png?dl=0

Yay!

HHM-113.png?dl=0

Brunnya's only gotten to chip so far. May as well give it to her.

HHM-114.png?dl=0

Slime brigand can no longer threaten Brunnya!

HHM-115.png?dl=0

Marlowe comes up one point of strength short of KO ing this bandit again.

HHM-116.png?dl=0HHM-117.png?dl=0HHM-118.png?dl=0

Well, it couldn't have gone much better.

HHM-119.png?dl=0

This could have gone better! (What warp staff? I don't know what you're talking about.)

Oh joy, here come the reinforcements from the right side of the map.

HHM-120.png?dl=0

You have WTA and still take more damage?! Oy...

HHM-122.png?dl=0

As expected.

HHM-123.png?dl=0

Thank you, Helen.

...There's not much else happening, so fast forward to the boss and the levels we got along the way.

HHM-137.png?dl=0HHM-141.png?dl=0HHM-157.png?dl=0HHM-172.png?dl=0HHM-197.png?dl=0HHM-219.png?dl=0

Excellent levels all around!

HHM-233.png?dl=0HHM-234.png?dl=0

And we made it to the boss! Urk, well, Marlowe did. Glass isn't going to see combat until Helen catches up to him. I should probably wait a turn anyways.

Next turn, we fight!

HHM-235.png?dl=0HHM-236.png?dl=0HHM-237.png?dl=0HHM-239.png?dl=0

HHM-240.png?dl=0HHM-241.png?dl=0

This update hasn't made Brunnya look very good. I shouldn't have nerfed her speed that much! Then again, ORKOing everything on the map except for the cavs and Ceramic is a tad too powerful.

HHM-242.png?dl=0

Yikes! A bit too close for comfort there.

HHM-256.png?dl=0

Normally I wouldn't bother with this matchup, but I put in a battle conversation and I don't want to waste it.

Good god, that is hideous! How did I mess the formatting up so much?! I'll just transcribe it, with Helman's mayonnaise representing the boss. (When life gives you lemons, make mayonnaise?)

UwU.png?dl=0You!

ok.jpg?dl=0Well, well, well. If it isn't Glass. How 'bout you turn that blade 'o yours in the right direction, at those mercenaries.

UwU.png?dl=0I'm not one of you fools anymore.

ok.jpg?dl=0Bah! You know that you'll always be happier with us. Why, we've got more money than you'll ever see unless you join us. You can't be happy unless you're rich!

UwU.png?dl=0I'm rich in a way that you'll never understand.

ok.jpg?dl=0You're just like those knights we used to mock together! Have at you, scum!

HHM-271.png?dl=0HHM-272.png?dl=0

HHM-274.png?dl=0HHM-275.png?dl=0

DANGIT, HELEN! I GAVE YOU BUSTED GROWTHS! SERRA MUST HAVE CURSED ALL EALRLYGAME HEALERS! SERRRAAAAA!

HHM-283.png?dl=0

Let's just get rid of this guy. Three cheers for dagger abuse!

HHM-286.png?dl=0

ok.jpg?dl=0Guyaaaarghhh...No...The gold is...Mine...Rich...Money...All mine...

HHM-287.png?dl=0

Oof. Ceramic also dropped a Knight crest.

HHM-289.png?dl=0

Hooray! We did it!

UwU.png?dl=0That's all of the bandits. This fortress doesn't seem to have anything in it...

Helen.png?dl=0Sir Glass, we did it! We're all alive! I hope that Mr. Canas and Lady Lauris's expedition fared as well as ours.

Zoink.png?dl=0Good evening.

INHALES.png?dl=0How did you fare in your mission? We rescued over one hundred prisoners and overthrew the bandits without a casualty on our side.

Helen.png?dl=0L-lady Lauris, your arm is almost falling off! There's a huge hole in your chest!

INHALES.png?dl=0I'll be all right. Before they left, the Etrurian knight's companion healed me up a little. It looks like I won't be able to accompany Canas on his trip to the dread isle, however.

Helen.png?dl=0The dread isle?! Why would you go there?!

Zoink.png?dl=0All the mysteries, all of the new thing to learn! Ah, learning gives me this lovely, warm feeling. Being with Lauris and Hugh does too...But I know what I learn there can help people!

Helen.png?dl=0...

Zoink.png?dl=0However, we plan to put down roots here. I shall be staying for the next nine or so months. I do hope we can remain acquaintanced.

Helen.png?dl=0Sir Lawrence, thank you for your services.

UwU.png?dl=0You were absolutely an asset to us. We couldn''t have done it without you.

Helen.png?dl=0As promised, here is your pay.

Captain%20Lawrence.png?dl=0Why, thank you! This money will go a long way to building my training grounds here.

Helen.png?dl=0You're staying?

Captain%20Lawrence.png?dl=0But of course, lass! This field over here will be perfect for training my nephew! I want to help these villagers protect themselves.

Helen.png?dl=0That is very honorable, sir Lawrence. How old is your nephew?

Captain%20Lawrence.png?dl=0He's about eighteen right now and itchin' to get on a battlefield! He was...Sidetracked from this goal, shall we say, when he hooked up with a pegasus knight, but now he wants to learn from a battle-tested warrior like myself so he can defend his new family better! Maybe I'll even get "Best man" at his wedding! It was funny how fast how he went from wanting to be "Jerrot the Paladin" to "Jerrot the husband/father." Ah, I can't say I was any different, though.

Helen.png?dl=0Oh! Congratulations, sir Lawrence! I'm very happy for you!

Captain%20Lawrence.png?dl=0Bwahaha! Thank you! I'll have my hands full with training that new Cavalier who joined us during the battle, but drop by anytime you need something!

Smolya.png?dl=0You may keep you gold, Sir Glass,

UwU.png?dl=0How did you know that we were coming to pay you?

Smolya.png?dl=0I heard his yelling from across the village.

UwU.png?dl=0His voice does have that effect.

Smolya.png?dl=0Thank you for allowing me to accompany you in your mission! Thanks to you, I can receive training from lady Lauris, a qualified sage!

UwU.png?dl=0What do you want to be when you get into the Bern army?

Smolya.png?dl=0I'm going to be one of the Wyvern generals of Bern!

UwU.png?dl=0That's very ambitious, and lots of responsibility.

Smolya.png?dl=0Yes, well, it's the only way for me to get important without marrying a noble. I am content if I do not make it that far, but it is what I will strive for.

Helen.png?dl=0Important? Why do you feel the need to be politically important?

Smolya.png?dl=0Erm...Well, prince Zephiel's rather cute...I plan to stay here for a year or two and plan to have mastered the use of a Bolting tome, or at the very least an Elfire tome. I've got a ways to go, but I will not stop until I reach my goals!

Helen.png?dl=0Good luck! Make sure you do relax sometimes.

CCBBBBC.png?dl=0...Lady Helen?

Helen.png?dl=0Hm?

CCBBBBC.png?dl=0I-I'm a bad person...I've done terrible things. Please, can you help me reconcile with my victims?

Helen.png?dl=0Do you truly feel sorry or do you just want to reap the benefits?

CCBBBBC.png?dl=0I truly feel sorry. I truly regret everything I've ever done...

Helen.png?dl=0Then I will be happy to help you. It will likely be a long and tough road, but I'm sure that you can overcome those obstacles.

CCBBBBC.png?dl=0Th-thank you...

Helen.png?dl=0Can I meet you in the part at two in the afternoon tomorrow?

CCBBBBC.png?dl=0Of course. Thank you again...

Helen.png?dl=0Sir Glass...

UwU.png?dl=0Ah! Helen! There you are.

Helen.png?dl=0Sorry to keep you waiting.

UwU.png?dl=0It's fine. I know we discussed our future together, about how we would have many long, peaceful years together here in this village.

Helen.png?dl=0Yes, I look forward to those times.

UwU.png?dl=0Well, I wanted to make it official...Helen...Will you marry me?

Helen.png?dl=0Oh my-Yes! May St. Elimine bless our marriage...

And they all lived happily every after.

...Or did they?

My dude saga, chapter one: The cost of a reset.

The replies:

Spoiler

The update:

Spoiler

WURK-1.png?dl=0

Let's do this! It'll be EASY. Nobody will die. Not on the first chapter.

WURK-2.png?dl=0

WURK-3.png?dl=0WURK-4.png?dl=0WURK-5.png?dl=0WURK-6.png?dl=0

He's not odd, he's a jerk! You can say it! J-E-R-K! Not to be confused with Erk, even Hector's not that bad.

WURK-7.png?dl=0WURK-8.png?dl=0WURK-9.png?dl=0WURK-10.png?dl=0WURK-11.png?dl=0

WURK-12.png?dl=0

WURK-13.png?dl=0

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0"Dearest Florina, how are you? As you well know, I had been drafted into the Lycian knights before someone finally listened to me when I said that I wasn't a knight. I've been in Ostia for almost eight months now, serving as an advisor for the maquess' brother after being directly asked by the Marquess. He has another advisor, but the poor man was busy day and night with Lord Hector's antics and needed some help. However, the marquess has granted me leave! At long last I can return to Caelin and your loving arms. How are you? I have no doubts that you are quickly becoming the fiercest warrior in all of Caelin. I can hardly wait to see your face again, but I suppose that I'll have to for the next week as I travel to Caelin. See you soon! Love, My dude." Ah, that should about do it. It's a lovely day to travel! I'll just send the letter and start off towards Caelin.

Elsewhere in the castle...

WURK-14.png?dl=0WURK-15.png?dl=0WURK-16.png?dl=0WURK-17.png?dl=0

Why do people like Hector? I seriously don't know.

WURK-18.png?dl=0WURK-19.png?dl=0WURK-20.png?dl=0WURK-21.png?dl=0WURK-22.png?dl=0

WURK-24.png?dl=0

E ?

Blursed.webp?dl=0

WURK-25.png?dl=0

Oh.

WURK-26.png?dl=0WURK-27.png?dl=0

Jeez, Eirika's naive?! HE WANTS TO START A FRICKIN' WAR BECAUSE ELIWOOD'S DAD IS MISSING! I WANT THE MARQUESS OF ARAPHEN BACK! TWO BRAIN CELLS IS STILL BETTER THAN HECTOR'S ANTIBRAIN! He'd better have one heck of a character arc...

WURK-28.png?dl=0WURK-29.png?dl=0WURK-30.png?dl=0WURK-31.png?dl=0WURK-32.png?dl=0WURK-33.png?dl=0WURK-34.png?dl=0

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0Annnnnnnnndddd the letter is on its way to Caelin!

Hecotr.png?dl=0You there! You're coming with me!

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0Wh-what? I'm on my way to Caelin...

Hecotr.png?dl=0YOU'RE ON YOUR WAY TO MY AXE'S BLADE!

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0Ahhh! I'm coming with you! (Why does this keep happening? I just want to see Florina again...)

Hecotr.png?dl=0Good! You'll be my tactician and advisor and personal chef and accountant and scout and treasurer and manservant and

WURK-104.png?dl=0

Cool, a picture of Hector's brain is in Matthew's text box!

He's coming with us now.

Golly, some assassins. Who would have ever seen that coming.

I realize now that I forgot to take a screenshot of Hector's base stats, but you'll see them soon enough in his levels.

image.png.fa242513be0f6fba022df5fcdd2685d5.png

Here's the map! It's essentially a rout mission, although you only have to defeat the boss.

WURK-111.png?dl=0

These generics are quite a bit stronger than the Lyn mode ones! Yay!

WURK-113.png?dl=0

Right down to one HP! Good.

WURK-115.png?dl=0WURK-116.png?dl=0

Already better than Lyn!

WURK-117.png?dl=0WURK-118.png?dl=0

WURK-119.png?dl=0 

Excellent! Very convenient.

WURK-121.png?dl=0

Toast!

WURK-122.png?dl=0WURK-124.png?dl=0

Toast!

WURK-126.png?dl=0WURK-128.png?dl=0

WURK-130.png?dl=0

Man, that's almost as much damage as Florina was taking!

WURK-133.png?dl=0

Toast

WURK-134.png?dl=0

TOAST

WURK-135.png?dl=0

This fellow conveniently doesn't move, which means it's Wolf Bael time!

WURK-136.png?dl=0WURK-137.png?dl=0WURK-138.png?dl=0

Toast!

WURK-139.png?dl=0WURK-140.png?dl=0

HECTOR!

Well, I guess it's good that he's a little more dodgy and might double some more.

WURK-141.png?dl=0

I finally got a popup!

WURK-142.png?dl=0

Oy... Matthew, thief him!

WURK-144.png?dl=0

Trapped! Now we can take his Red gem and Vulnerary also!

WURK-146.png?dl=0

An astute reader, (I'll pretend there is one) may note that Matthew's level isn't what his Lyn mode one was. I think that I must have just forgotten to change his level. Not a huge problem, but I'll fix it if he approaches level 15, (which would be his level 20)

And then the thief lasted about six turns and kept stealing my stuff. Finally,

WURK-168.png?dl=0

We got 'em. With only two enemies who can reach us, the map is as good as done!

And we can finally start to mo-

What? WHAT?! WHAT?!!!! WHAT?!!!!!!

THE CHAPTER RESTARTED?! WHY IS THERE A "RESTART CHAPTER" BUTTON?! AND WHY DOES IT DELETE MY PROGRESS IN THE CHAPTER?! ARRGGHHHHH!! I wish I knew how to move that or undo that, but...sigh...I guess this counts as a reset.

Well, whatever, let's do it again.

WURK-184.png?dl=0

Wait, the armor knight moves? It didn't move last time! I had Matthew two spaces away and he didn't move an inch! I guess it only attacks Hector?WURK-191.png?dl=0

What an absolutely marvelous start to HHM.

Take three! I just want this chapter to be done...

WURK-194.png?dl=0

Why can Hector ORKO this guy now? He couldn't before! What is going on?

WURK-196.png?dl=0

Toast, I guess.

WURK-203.png?dl=0

Hector and Matthew team-toast the archer.

WURK-206.png?dl=0

Toastada!

WURK-207.png?dl=0

Ehh, why not?

WURK-209.png?dl=0

Half-Toast!

WURK-210.png?dl=0

Also Half-toast!

WURK-211.png?dl=0

Begone, knave! That's my thief!

WURK-212.png?dl=0WURK-214.png?dl=0

WURK-215.png?dl=0

Good! Yes! I want that thicc Def, but good!

WURK-217.png?dl=0

Toast! I don't have to worry about Matthew because the knight seems to only attack Hector! I'll just keep Matthew nearby in case Hector needs help next turn-

WURK-218.png?dl=0

TOAST!!!!!!!! TOAST TOAST TOAST!!!!! MY ANTIBRAIN IS EVEN MORE DEVOID OF INTELLIGENCE THAN HECTOR'S! TOAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WURK-219.png?dl=0

TOAST TOAST TOAST TOAST TOAST TOAST DESTROY THEM DESTROY THEM ALL SUBJECT THEM TO THE TOAST TOAST TOAST

WURK-221.png?dl=0

TOAST!

WURK-225.png?dl=0

TOOOOAAAAAASSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTT

WURK-227.png?dl=0

TOAST!

WURK-230.png?dl=0

ALMOST TOAST!

WURK-231.png?dl=0

If Hector misses this, he is dead. And I am in no mood to play through this chapter for a fourth time without Matthew. ALL BECAUSE I MISSED THE DANG SCREENSHOT BUTTON AND RESTARTED THE CHAPTER WHEN IT WAS GOING WELL!

WURK-232.png?dl=0

BWAHAHAAHA! EAT TOAST, TOAST!

WURK-233.png?dl=0

Toast...Toast.......I'm feeling...better now.

WURK-234.png?dl=0

Where did YOU come from?

WURK-238.png?dl=0

WELL YOU'RE GOING TO TOAST, WHERE ALL TOAST BELONGS!!!

BOSS TIME!

WURK-239.png?dl=0WURK-240.png?dl=0WURK-241.png?dl=0

Hector, how the toast do you know what Laus' assassins are like? Do you casually invade their castle in a burn-in the same way Lundgren did? Must be a Lycian thing.

WURK-242.png?dl=0

Dang, that's one good battle quote. I sorta wish they'd kept it at that.

WURK-243.png?dl=0WURK-244.png?dl=0WURK-246.png?dl=0WURK-247.png?dl=0WURK-248.png?dl=0WURK-249.png?dl=0WURK-250.png?dl=0

Ehh, the Wolf Beil has only twenty or so uses left. You'd be cutting it close...

WURK-251.png?dl=0

I AGREE! GET THAT SON OF A TOASTER!

WURK-252.png?dl=0WURK-253.png?dl=0WURK-254.png?dl=0

Uh...Yay, more offense?

WURK-257.png?dl=0

GOT 'EM! TOAST!

Well, let's see that special dialogue that occurs if Matthew dies that Eltosian was talking about.

WURK-258.png?dl=0WURK-259.png?dl=0WURK-260.png?dl=0WURK-261.png?dl=0WURK-262.png?dl=0WURK-263.png?dl=0WURK-264.png?dl=0WURK-265.png?dl=0

And in other news, Hector's brother is the big sick! Oswin says that he's coming with us. Gads, I'm sure I'll find a way to kill him too...

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0Matthew...My fine young friend...I'm sorry...I failed you...I will get stronger and I will protect everyone else...But not in time time to save you...

DEATH COUNT: Matthew

RESET COUNT: Lyn: 2, Hector: 1, dumb reset button: 1

4 hours ago, Benice said:

She's going to endgame if she survives: It's an LP rule!

Honestly, given I typically use her (I mean, I see little reason not to have both healers) it makes sense.

You will not insult the lord of Mayonnaise, Helman! He tries to do the right thing!

ok.jpg?dl=0

But that bottle clearly has two L's and two N's. That just makes Helman the cheap knock-off brand.

That is indeed what I did, (minus Nils because he got left behind) But the rain made it really hard because I could either rescue/drop Dorcas or Lucius on any given turn as the rain essentially negated canto. But I certainly wasn't that efficient in this battle.

True. Definitely works better without rain... and with Nils. Having a refresher unit makes a lot of strategies more efficient.

Dorcas?! I'd actually like to see what he looks like trained up...

Why not do it myself, actually? I'm sure most of the army will die and I'll have a surplus of promotion items. Besides, defense twice in two levels means that he may be Lot but a little bit worse! Tanky fighters are undervalued IMO because axes have enough might to cover a lack of strength. Besides, more deaths are good, right?

He certainly was both durable and strong in my case, though he had issues with speed (though mileage may vary). I mean, 25% defense growth is equal to Kent, superior to Sain. But it's still pretty poor. And 20% speed is a bit of a joke. That said, so are this game's speed benchmarks.  60% Strength and 80% HP are pretty good, and 40% skill is nice on an axe infantry. That said he'll get shredded if mages come into it, and if that defense growth doesn't proc enough I can see him getting shredded by anyone who can double him.... and with that speed growth...

5 hours ago, Benice said:

HHM.emulator-4.png?dl=0

This is Lawrence's in-game portrait. It's how he sees himself. (Well, that's my excuse.) He'll still appear as recolored Duessel in the non-ingame text, though.

He is the early game prepromote and will be very helpful early on; aside from Brunnya, he is the only one who will be able to safely fight armor knights, (who I buffed to the extreme.) He also comes with a B in bows and can use the Brave Bow at base, not that we'll see it for a good long while.

GROWTHS:

HP: 70 Str: 65 Skl: 35 Spd: 15 Def: 25 Res: 20 Luck: 20

His growths are bad, but his decent strength and and skill may allow him to linger around before his speed falls off.

Disappointed. I expected him to be a General.

HHM-98.png?dl=0

Watch out, Brunnya! The slime brigand's going after you!

You didn't tell me Garon was in this LP.

And they all lived happily every after.

...Or did they?

Well, knowing what happened to Brunya in FE6...

1 hour ago, Benice said:

WURK-1.png?dl=0

Let's do this! It'll be EASY. Nobody will die. Not on the first chapter.

WURK-2.png?dl=0

Sure takes a while for the game to load.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

WURK-14.png?dl=0WURK-15.png?dl=0WURK-16.png?dl=0WURK-17.png?dl=0

Why do people like Hector? I seriously don't know.

Because people like the idea being Chad? You know, not worrying about anything, considering the possibility that anything can stop you, or any of that. Never worrying about whether your opinion will piss off someone because you know if they strike you, you can strike them back harder. Kind of like why people like Groose (though minus the hilarity of Groose, and plus Hector's stats to back his shit up). Also he saves Florina from her fall in Noble Lady of Caelin.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

WURK-27.png?dl=0

Jeez, Eirika's naive?! HE WANTS TO START A FRICKIN' WAR BECAUSE ELIWOOD'S DAD IS MISSING! I WANT THE MARQUESS OF ARAPHEN BACK! TWO BRAIN CELLS IS STILL BETTER THAN HECTOR'S ANTIBRAIN! He'd better have one heck of a character arc...

You do have to wonder how he became such a sound ruler by FE6. Mind, he was right on the money about the cause, so that's one thing to his defense. However against him is the fact if he did as he wished, that would've given old Nergal exactly what he wanted. Maybe my criticism of that plan was wrong after all. Nergal obviously had a better idea about Hector than ever.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

WURK-32.png?dl=0WURK-33.png?dl=0WURK-34.png?dl=0

Yes%20uncle%20donald.png?dl=0Annnnnnnnndddd the letter is on its way to Caelin!

Also in his defense the decision to blindly rush in and try to sort this out himself kind of lead to the unraveling of Nergal's plan. Long story short... Hector wrecked Nergal's plan because Nergal really didn't fathom the depths of Hector's brazeness. How could he? He'd never met him.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

THE CHAPTER RESTARTED?! WHY IS THERE A "RESTART CHAPTER" BUTTON?! AND WHY DOES IT DELETE MY PROGRESS IN THE CHAPTER?! ARRGGHHHHH!! I wish I knew how to move that or undo that, but...sigh...I guess this counts as a reset.

Pretty sure that'd be your "load state" button, if the last save state you made happened to be at the start of the chapter.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

WURK-211.png?dl=0

Begone, knave! That's my thief!

No way, that's my thief.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Toast! I don't have to worry about Matthew because the knight seems to only attack Hector! I'll just keep Matthew nearby in case Hector needs help next turn-

WURK-218.png?dl=0

TOAST!!!

Should have learned from Ruben and Christine. Never trust the consistency of the A.I.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

WURK-219.png?dl=0

TOAST TOAST TOAST TOAST TOAST TOAST DESTROY THEM DESTROY THEM ALL SUBJECT THEM TO THE TOAST TOAST TOAST

That's... going to make this hard. No thief to open doors or chests until Legault...

1 hour ago, Benice said:

WURK-241.png?dl=0

Hector, how the toast do you know what Laus' assassins are like? Do you casually invade their castle in a burn-in the same way Lundgren did? Must be a Lycian thing.

Would explain why Marquess Araphen didn't give a damn. Apparently Lycians misunderstood the concept of "Housewarming parties".

WURK-218.png?dl=0

TOAST!!!!!!!! TOAST TOAST TOAST!!!!! MY ANTIBRAIN IS EVEN MORE DEVOID OF INTELLIGENCE THAN HECTOR'S! TOAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First time?

I am so sorry.

WURK-219.png?dl=0

Matthew, more like Splatthew. 

Also damn, man that sucks, Matthew is a fun character and now you have to miss a few chests. 

13 hours ago, Benice said:

WURK-219.png?dl=0

Hehe funni lol such bed nub git rked

Anyways, have fun without a theif for 12 chapters.

My Dude saga, chapter two: Arrival of the top-tier units.

The replies:

Spoiler
13 hours ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Honestly, given I typically use her (I mean, I see little reason not to have both healers) it makes sense.

Bringing someone with 2 power to endgame would be funny. She SHOULD have around five magic right now, but that's life.

But that bottle clearly has two L's and two N's. That just makes Helman the cheap knock-off brand.

Who knew that even Helman could stoop so low? It must have been high-quality before Nergal got involved and took Hellmann's L and N! NERGAL, YOU MADMAN! Before that, he was Erga! I know it!

True. Definitely works better without rain... and with Nils. Having a refresher unit makes a lot of strategies more efficient.

Efficient is my middle name!

...Not is my first.

He certainly was both durable and strong in my case, though he had issues with speed (though mileage may vary). I mean, 25% defense growth is equal to Kent, superior to Sain. But it's still pretty poor. And 20% speed is a bit of a joke. That said, so are this game's speed benchmarks.  60% Strength and 80% HP are pretty good, and 40% skill is nice on an axe infantry. That said he'll get shredded if mages come into it, and if that defense growth doesn't proc enough I can see him getting shredded by anyone who can double him.... and with that speed growth...

Two defence procs in a row with 25% growth? Dang! Good start! 20% speed is not so helpful...Welp, he may be useful nevertheless.

Disappointed. I expected him to be a General.

That was my initial plan, but aside from Lot, I've never used a GBA warrior and their animations are cool.

You didn't tell me Garon was in this LP.

Agh! Destroy it! Destroy all memories of Fates! It must not taint my amazing LP!

Well, knowing what happened to Brunya in FE6...

True. Who says that she WASN'T happy with Zephiel, though?

...Ignore the fact that her portrait looks perpetually depressed.

Sure takes a while for the game to load.

Because people like the idea being Chad? You know, not worrying about anything, considering the possibility that anything can stop you, or any of that. Never worrying about whether your opinion will piss off someone because you know if they strike you, you can strike them back harder. Kind of like why people like Groose (though minus the hilarity of Groose, and plus Hector's stats to back his shit up). Also he saves Florina from her fall in Noble Lady of Caelin.

Groose is on another level! If Hector does have a Groose-like arc, maybe I'll like him? Too bad Hector didn't bring the Grooseinator. It could help take out the armor knights once the wolf Beil breaks. I can dig Groose being the protagonist of an FE game.

You do have to wonder how he became such a sound ruler by FE6. Mind, he was right on the money about the cause, so that's one thing to his defense. However against him is the fact if he did as he wished, that would've given old Nergal exactly what he wanted. Maybe my criticism of that plan was wrong after all. Nergal obviously had a better idea about Hector than ever.

I guess being a dad made him more mellow? Lilina's just about the opposite of him from FE7. Unless she's talking to Bors.

Also in his defense the decision to blindly rush in and try to sort this out himself kind of lead to the unraveling of Nergal's plan. Long story short... Hector wrecked Nergal's plan because Nergal really didn't fathom the depths of Hector's brazeness. How could he? He'd never met him.

I'm pretty sure that everybody south of Ilia has heard Hector's voice. Evidently, Nergal heard him yelling when he was still young and innocent and must have thought that he wouldn't charge a league of assassins with nothing but an endgame ready cleric, Lowen and Matthew.

Pretty sure that'd be your "load state" button, if the last save state you made happened to be at the start of the chapter.

I didn't have any save-states, though! I'm fairly certain that it was a load save button as it took me to the opening narration about Eliwood's dad being AWOL.

No way, that's my thief.

He's St. Elimine's thief now...

Should have learned from Ruben and Christine. Never trust the consistency of the A.I.

Duly noted. I never seem to learn these lessons until someone important dies! In the FE6 one, I tried to Fir-enemy phase everything with Durandal and got her killed.

That's... going to make this hard. No thief to open doors or chests until Legault...

It's all right, I only miss about 90 promotion items. That I probably wouldn't have anyways since I always forget to bring a thief to steal stuff.

Would explain why Marquess Araphen didn't give a damn. Apparently Lycians misunderstood the concept of "Housewarming parties".

WURK-184.png?dl=0

Ouch.

13 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

First time?

I am so sorry.

Two deaths with two units. That's just bad.

3 hours ago, Pengaius said:

Matthew, more like Splatthew. 

Arghhhh! Dangit Reuben! You brought your personal torturer to my LP!

No just kidding pls keep reading to fuel my ego.

Also damn, man that sucks, Matthew is a fun character and now you have to miss a few chests. 

Urgh...Don't remind me...I'm afraid for what you guys will say if I lose Marcus.

2 hours ago, Hello72207 said:

Hehe funni lol such bed nub git rked

Anyways, have fun without a theif for 12 chapters.

AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!

The update:

Spoiler

WURK-0.png?dl=0WURK-1.png?dl=0WURK-2.png?dl=0

So they ARE the ones corrupting Hellmann's Mayonnaise!

WURK-3.png?dl=0WURK-4.png?dl=0

WURK-5.png?dl=0

And let's have a small memorial for the first death of the LP. RIP Matthew, the earlygame thief utility guy. A moment of silence please, while the depressing flute solo plays:

Spoiler

Now my conscience is clean! Perfect!

WURK-6.png?dl=0WURK-7.png?dl=0WURK-8.png?dl=0WURK-9.png?dl=0WURK-10.png?dl=0

Hecotr.png?dl=0And, of course, his family's famous Hellmann's Mayonnaise is worth stopping by to try.

WURK-11.png?dl=0WURK-12.png?dl=0

Oh yes! The endgame ready cleric is back to whoop some assassins!

WURK-21.png?dl=0

I like Oswin. I've never used him and I've never read his supports, but he seems like a swell guy. He seems to be a rather innocent character. No milk or underaged girls here!

Anyways, Hector roasts Serra a little bit and then we see Eliwood being attacked. And we have a scene that reminds me why Groose>Hector.

WURK-36.png?dl=0WURK-37.png?dl=0WURK-38.png?dl=0WURK-39.png?dl=0WURK-43.png?dl=0WURK-44.png?dl=0

If that's what he's like when he's in a hurry, I'm glad we didn't go to the same middle school! Imagine him trying to get to his locker...

WURK-46.png?dl=0

Thank you, Oswin. Hector looks like he doesn't care, though.

The map:

It's actually a little different from this because it's Hector mode but I couldn't find one with Hector's placement.

image.png.bb6b8ac5921a06351814f27d21b2e9de.png

This chapter is quite easy, or at least it was in Eliwood normal. Of course, the last chapter was easy too, and look what happened. We have to rout these guys. We get a whole ton of never-before seen units!

Marcus is the paladin and he is incredibly good. He's also got decent growths. He's not Seth, but he could be deployed from now until endgame provided he gets some levels. I don't want to use him because he is undeniably excellent.

Lowen is the cavalier. Unlike Kent, who is nimble and skilled, or Sain, who is buff, Lowen is tanky. He's a defensively oriented cavalier, and I love it. He's always been reliable for me, has decent enough strength and speed and is super useful. He won't snap the game in half, so I'll use him.

Rebecca is an archer. She is sub-Lyn mode generic in many ways. She gets super fast and is strong enough, but is godawful. Of course I plan to use her.

One of the fighters is Dorcas, who we already know. The other is Bartre. He is incredibly bad at base, but has a much better speed growth, (IIRC 35%-ish) and may have better defense? I want to use him.

Eliwood is a generic sword lord and has very well-balanced growths and should be excellent. As long as he's better than my first Eliwood, I'm happy. (At level 20, he could not damage most of the enemies in the chapter where you get Durandal. I had to send Canas to save him from the armor knight.) I would prefer to get the Hero guy's Four-fanged offense, (I can't remember his name, though. Lukardo? No, that's not it...) as it is much more fun than his swordmaster brother's version. And Geitz is far better than Wallace. To get it, the lords need to be collectively level 50, so Eliwood's going to be seeing a lot of action.

And last of all, we have Oswin who starts at the top of the map in front of the gate in the mountains. (But you can't see him right now) He is probably the best GBA armor knight, sporting very good bases and (from what I've heard) good growths. I'll need him for chapter 14x, (the Merlinus one) but otherwise he is unlikely to see much use. Of course, seeing how easily Matthew went down, perhaps there will be enough deployment slots for me to deploy him.

WURK-60.png?dl=0

Let's see what this person has to say. Also, pegasus riders? Why are there pegasus riders? Not gonna complain, they're ripe for Rebecca, Dorcas, Lowen and Hector!

WURK-62.png?dl=0

Bgah! You don't need to tell me what a support conversation is, Brunnya recolor!

Marcus! Go visit the village!

WURK-63.png?dl=0WURK-64.png?dl=0

Secret book! Not sure who I'll give this to yet.

WURK-65.png?dl=0

Get 'em, Oswin!

WURK-66.png?dl=0

Good. Finish her, Hector!

WURK-67.png?dl=0WURK-68.png?dl=0

Maybe don't tell Florina about this.

WURK-69.png?dl=0

Yess! Defense!

WURK-70.png?dl=0WURK-71.png?dl=0

Dorcas has recovered from his poisoned mutton! Nothing can stop him now!

WURK-72.png?dl=0WURK-73.png?dl=0

Hector...

WURK-74.png?dl=0

HECTOR...

WURK-75.png?dl=0

Well, at least he hit this time.

WURK-76.png?dl=0WURK-77.png?dl=0

...Phew, he wasn't doubled. I was worried that 3 AS wasn't going to cut it.

WURK-78.png?dl=0WURK-79.png?dl=0

Oh no, one damage.

WURK-80.png?dl=0

HECTOR!!!

WURK-82.png?dl=0

Ah well.

WURK-83.png?dl=0WURK-84.png?dl=0

Finally! The only one that had >50% chance to hit is the one that missed.

WURK-85.png?dl=0WURK-86.png?dl=0

Eyyy! Perfect! If there is one unit I want to be good, it's Rebecca. Sure, Canas or Nino or Legault or Farina would be nice, but I want a blessed Rebecca.

WURK-87.png?dl=0WURK-88.png?dl=0WURK-89.png?dl=0WURK-90.png?dl=0

Eliwood and Lowen team up to help feed the kill to Dorcas!

Wait...Bartre gets ORKO'd by the brigand if he misses. Ergh, feed the archer kill to Bartre!

WURK-91.png?dl=0WURK-92.png?dl=0WURK-93.png?dl=0WURK-94.png?dl=0

Welp, we should heal Hector. I don't want to lose him to more unlikely hits.

WURK-95.png?dl=0

Dere we go.

WURK-97.png?dl=0

Oswin covers for Hector while he gets healed.

WURK-98.png?dl=0WURK-99.png?dl=0WURK-110.png?dl=0WURK-104.png?dl=0WURK-107.png?dl=0WURK-100.png?dl=0WURK-103.png?dl=0

I would make a snarky comment about "Hard" mode, but...

WURK-219.png?dl=0WURK-192.png?dl=0

Erm, moving on...

WURK-101.png?dl=0

Oh shoot! Nooo! Bartre gets doubled by this guy! Not gain! ...Lucky dodge. Man, that'd be a tough pill to swallow. Thank you for sparing me this time, RNGoddess!

WURK-102.png?dl=0

Oh wait, he doesn't get doubled? Either that brigand was particularly tough or this one's particularly weak. Either way, I'll take it.

WURK-105.png?dl=0WURK-106.png?dl=0

Nice going, Lowen! Good start!

WURK-109.png?dl=0

Serra continues to prove herself as endgame ready. For those of you who missed it, she has 2 magic at level six with a 50% growths in it.

WURK-111.png?dl=0

YOU SHALL NOT ATTACK THE ENDGAME READY CLERIC!

...I missed the screenshot, but Hector did one better than me again and didn't miss.

WURK-113.png?dl=0WURK-114.png?dl=0WURK-115.png?dl=0WURK-116.png?dl=0WURK-118.png?dl=0WURK-120.png?dl=0

Vulnerary for Serra, axe for Eliwood,  Wexp for Rebecca and a life for Lowen.

WURK-121.png?dl=0WURK-122.png?dl=0WURK-123.png?dl=0

Dorcas Jeigans for Bartre.

WURK-124.png?dl=0

Ehhh...Worth a shot. He doesn't double Bartre.

WURK-125.png?dl=0

Bah...Well, what was I expecting?

WURK-126.png?dl=0

Oswin finishes off this pegasus and the player phase!

WURK-127.png?dl=0WURK-128.png?dl=0WURK-129.png?dl=0WURK-130.png?dl=0

Misses aplenty...Well, about what you'd expect from Axefest: Elibe.

WURK-131.png?dl=0WURK-132.png?dl=0WURK-133.png?dl=0

Not too bad for an enemy phase...

WURK-134.png?dl=0

I could feed this to Bartre, but I'd rather have him finish that bandit. And yikes, Rebecca's dealing LESS damage than the Lyn mode archers did to Florina.

WURK-135.png?dl=0

Aghhh...90 exp. So close...I need her to be at least level 10 for the dread isle. I really want some promoted people to help take out Kishuna. Swordmaster!Guy is also someone I'm going to have to bring along. That sword accuracy and better strength than Lyn and Crit is gonna be a lifesaver!

Wait...

Guy is recruited by Matthew and Matthew alone...

No!! NOOOOOOO!!!!! ARGHHHHHHGHGHGHHHH!!!!!! THE ONLY GOOD SWORDMASTER!! TAKE ME NOW, ELIMINE!

WURK-150.png?dl=0

A good hector level! Yay! What even is a "Guy"? Never heard of him. Not a swordmaster one. Not the only decent swordmaster in FE7. Definitely not. Nope.

Flashforward to the boss. Not much else happened.

WURK-164.png?dl=0

Watch this. I said that Lowen's consistently great, and now he's going to mock me. Maybe a luck-only level. Or a dry one.

WURK-165.png?dl=0

I take it back! You're the best cavalier ever to come from Elibe! Thank youuuuuuu!

WURK-169.png?dl=0WURK-170.png?dl=0

What? No unique boss quote against Hector? I know he has one for Eliwood.

WURK-171.png?dl=0WURK-172.png?dl=0

Not helping, Hector. But at least you dodged!

...Guy wouldn't have missed.

WURK-173.png?dl=0

Owing to the fact that he can't hit for beans, he doesn't have any vulneraries and I still don't have money, (MATTHHHHEEEEEWWWWW!!) he had to spend a lot of time on a fortress. Now's a good time to catch up on the exp!

WURK-174.png?dl=0

Moving on...

WURK-175.png?dl=0

This chip damage is basically pointless, but it does get Rebecca to level 2 if she hits!

WURK-177.png?dl=0

Moving on...

WURK-178.png?dl=0

And Eliwood should be able to finish him off after the super-Jeigan Jeigans for Marth.

WURK-180.png?dl=0

Marcussssss!! Well, at least he didn't crit.

WURK-182.png?dl=0

Aha! I get to see an Eliwood level and a boss conversation!

WURK-183.png?dl=0

They don't have a conversation? Was that an Eliwood mode thing?

WURK-184.png?dl=0

10/10, death quote of the year.

IT'S BETTER THAN "LEILA..." NOT THAT I'VE EVER SEEN IT! NOT ONCE! OR WHATEVER THE HECK GUY'S IS! NOPE!!

ELIWOOD, FIX MY BRAIN!

WURK-187.png?dl=0

DEATH COUNT: Matthew

REEEEEE SET COUNT: Lyn x 2

Hector x 1

Dumb restart chapter button x 1

18 minutes ago, Benice said:

Arghhhh! Dangit Reuben! You brought your personal torturer to my LP!

He's a menace to the entire city forum!

19 minutes ago, Benice said:

The endgame ready cleric

Ah... ahah, I'm sorry, what?

Well... as much as I cannot believe what I'm reading, this calls for a bad edit.

Ozkdxfhm o

There we go. Now 80% of your readers are confused.

24 minutes ago, Benice said:

No milk or underaged girls here!

He can marry Serra.

25 minutes ago, Benice said:

WURK-46.png?dl=0

Thank you, Oswin. Hector looks like he doesn't care, though.

This is a really weird moment. It feels like the game is telling you that Hector murdering that guy is fine because he's the good guy and soldier boy's the bad guy. And, admittedly, soldier boy was about to let Eliwood get bandited without lifting a finger, but still. I like to think that he just knocked the guy out. Much less... questionable.

26 minutes ago, Benice said:

(I can't remember his name, though. Lukardo? No, that's not it...) as it is much more fun than his brother's version.

Julius. I agree, his map is better than Barker's version. Really wish we had gotten to recruit them, though. If only Carla hadn't deceived Bahanuk under Guenchaos's orders...

FE7 IS A BAD RIPOFF OF TEARRING SAGA

27 minutes ago, Benice said:

And Geitz is far better than Wallace.

How dare you say something so horrible? Wallace is, like, my favorite character in FE7. Or at least top 4, alongside Pent, Louise and Renault.

29 minutes ago, Benice said:

WURK-80.png?dl=0

HECTOR!!!

Ah, yes, the staple of any good FE LP: low % hits.

29 minutes ago, Benice said:

WURK-82.png?dl=0

Ah well.

You know what baffles me about every single screenshot GBAFE LP I've ever seen? These things. Everyone gets at least four of these every update, but not once in my entire FE6 LP did I see anything remotely close. What gives?

31 minutes ago, Benice said:

WURK-109.png?dl=0

Serra continues to prove herself as endgame ready. For those of you who missed it, she has 2 magic at level six with a 50% growths in it.

All I will say is, Moulder is the most fun GBA healer. Lifting elfire tomes with no AS loss is awesome.

31 minutes ago, Benice said:

WURK-124.png?dl=0

Ehhh...Worth a shot.

Hey...

32 minutes ago, Benice said:

Wait...

Guy is recruited by Matthew and Matthew alone...

No!! NOOOOOOO!!!!! ARGHHHHHHGHGHGHHHH!!!!!! THE ONLY GOOD SWORDMASTER!! TAKE ME NOW, ELIMINE!

I relate to this so much. At least you haven't lost the singular warp user in the entire game...

32 minutes ago, Benice said:

Not the only decent swordmaster in FE7. Definitely not. Nope.

Now I challenge thee to use Karla. Hah!

33 minutes ago, Benice said:

WURK-184.png?dl=0

10/10, death quote of the year.

Random thought, but reading this, it hits me that... damn, it really has been over half a decade since I last played this game. I couldn't even remember this guy.

34 minutes ago, Benice said:

ELIWOOD, FIX MY BRAIN!

WURK-187.png?dl=0

Ahahahahahahahah... man, it really is fun when it doesn't happen to you!

exquisite

3 hours ago, Benice said:

WURK-63.png?dl=0WURK-64.png?dl=0

Secret book! Not sure who I'll give this to yet.

What do you mean secret book? I just see free gold.

3 hours ago, Benice said:

A good hector level! Yay! What even is a "Guy"? Never heard of him. Not a swordmaster one. Not the only decent swordmaster in FE7. Definitely not. Nope.

I actually think that swordmasters in FE7 had it the worst in all of the gba games. FE6 has +30% crit and rutger+Fir, and FE8 has Joshua.

But whatever, swordmaster animations are cool.

But rip the killing edge.