Eliwood and Hector's Less-than excellent adventure: Let's Ironman Hector Hard mode mostly blind! *Now completed, with a 6% survival rate!*

Benice

My dude saga, chapter 11: Cheese, my lads!/Low quality update

Also, can we get an F for Mangs' RD ironman. So close!

I apologize for the updates being slower as of late, but life is starting to exist again, so I have more stuff to do; Updates will usually occur every few days. Sorry 'bout that!

The replies:

Spoiler
On 5/18/2020 at 2:43 AM, The Roger The Paladin said:

Nearly? She caused a war spanning a continent that lasted over a five year time skip, then anywhere from six months to a year after said timeskip (depending on the route).
Well, I was more thinking about how controversial she is here...

Couldn't think of Sennet? Also Arkis x Sun is ArSun. The match for those who want the world to burn. I feel bad for joining in this.
ArSun, perfect for my family heritage!

I'll Sue you if you do.
*Chuckles* I'm in danger.

Basically at this point you need someone to promote so they can use staves (Lucius or Canas), to get Pent, to get Nino and promote her, or to get Renault in a chapter so near the end of the game it doesn't matter. Also Athos kind of can... but he's even later.

Canas must survive!

Gold-digger more or less implicates her relationships are solely for money (essentially a prostitute but dishonest about it). Which I don't think is quite the case. She is definitely greedy... but I'd argue the character has some legitimate motivations besides money, as her ending with Kent would suggest. After all, it literally puts her no better off than before.

I've read some of her supports and she is indeed motivated for many reasons to have money and actually often gives a portion of her money away in her A-supports. I quite like Farina; especially since Fiora and Florina mean "Flower" whereas Farina means "Flour" which I find hilarious.

Well, given Ninian's shortened life-span.. does it not fit?

According to LP canon, Lyn is Eliwood's waifu.

icky.
You really should start the Darin fan club if you're going to keep endorsing his actions this much. SMH, SMH!

Specifically her lack of death in the Hector portion of the story prior to the ship.

I guess so.

Seriously, there's a very logical reason for my bias towards Wil. I'm just surprised no one's guessed it.

His name is Punnable?

That's not a good thing... but yep.

Kaga didn't do it first.

Personally I like burritos. The actually spicy ones and not the ones that are more "a wrap but with beans". And when I say spicy I mean with the kind of hot sauce that can blind you if you get it in your eyes.

Fair enough. If you haven't tried Tingo de Pollo, I'd reccomend doing so, however.

When it's part of a last will and testament agreement. Even though they hadn't met Owen at the time.

True, true.

Everything's embarrassing if you think hard enough. Or some similar platitude that falls down on inspection.

That means that I must stop using my brain!

Oh.. that's what you meant by WWIII.

Yep.

It's a disguise. Besides if she carried a bag around like the map sprite on a thief, everyone would know she wasn't an assassin, and then she'd have a hard time infiltrating the assassins. Also this means no need to make a female assassin sprite, as the only female thief on GBA is Cath, who is unable to promote.

I guess that makes sense...But the Black Fang also has dozens of thieves.

Is he going to do a pro-gamer move?

Perhaps he will.

Well, they were waiting for you to arrive in fog... so it actually was.

Merlinus' nightmare island. Escape while you still can, Merlinus!

Guess he didn't pray for himself. How self-less.

That's Lucius for ya. Make dinner and do the dishes for Raven while trying to protect his husbando.

Shame he can't promote until you get that knight's crest, because he's awful close to being stuck at level 20.

Yeah. 20 defense will last long enough, though.

Like now.

MAXIMAL POWERRRR!

Imagine if he applied this to trials in Ostia. "There's been a murder in the town of *insert Ostian town*. I don't know who's responsible, so I'm going to destroy you all". (I know it makes more sense here... but damn the thought is funny).

That does seem like what Hector would do.

This is going to be interesting...

It was VERY interesting!

On 5/18/2020 at 3:03 AM, Eltosian Kadath said:

Yeah the 8 Wxp (and thus 16 on the kill) can be surprisingly tempting. B rank is the first one where you can't fully increase weapon rank in two combats with the devil axe.

Yeh, but I know I'll kill Raven by accident that way.

...and nomads...not to mention the pegasus reinforcements that keep spawning close enough to attack someone holding the bridge...

I wasn't aware of those guys.

I guess you didn't have the move to claim one of those forts for yourself. Breaking through the enemy clogging one is annoying enough, with two I imagine its worse.

Nope. Lyn or Eliwood could have, but with their histories, that would have been a bad choice.

Yikes, you really are in dire enough straits if you need Eliwood to face tank for a while aren't you.

Well, he had the fort so I wasn't worried, but I am in very dire straits.

...yeah that island is a lot scarier than one pirate. I usually just sit Oswin on the path out of that island, and don't go near it with anyone else for the rest of the map. The pirates can slip around the river to attack anyone trying to help out with healing or ranged attacks, and there is even a longbow nomad sitting back there as well to do the same.

The longbow nomad surprised me, but longbows are really bad.

She is under appreciated on most runs thanks to Florina, but if you ever have a cursed Florina (I think I showed her somewhere above...) or skip Lyn mode, how useful she is becomes increasingly apparent.

Well, she's usually better than Florina in many ways once trained. She's a lot bulkier, stronger and a bit slower.

Man your Raven is lucky, he has defied death multiple times so far.

He should get a TV show! The great Raveni, defying death 12 times before breakfast!

The enemy phase everyone lives through is a good enemy phase.

But they really pushed in on us...The pressure was on for the next few turns.

Those pirate reinforcements are one of my favorite ways to level Lyn, as even at base level skipping Lyn mode, she does really well against them by sitting in that forest near the sea with the Mani Katti equipped.

I sorta did that, but bias comes first, meaning Wil and Fiora had dibs!

Monks are hilariously bad enemies in this game.

Better than Sacred Stone's Monks and druids. Seriously, there are druids in chapter seventeen with SIX MAGIC! SIX!

Wait, where did those cavalier and nomads come from, I thought you finally had that place locked do-

Oh wow, you just had Oswin charge off without anyone else taking over his position on that fort...RIP Lucius.

It was dumb. Very dumb. I was just worried that I would miss the Kishuna chapter.

According to

Uhai does start to move after turn 20 (so after you have missed the gaiden). Never seen it myself, but it sounds terrifying to deal with.

Oooh. I am really glad that I ended him before he could do that. But how did he wait for 20 turns? I always finish it on turn 12 or so even when I'm not aiming for the Gaiden! (Well, that was in Eliwood normal. Ignore me.)

On 5/18/2020 at 3:17 AM, Alastor15243 said:

he was running around in seemingly every direction

Me during math class.

On 5/18/2020 at 8:14 AM, Hello72207 said:

NO

DEVIL AXE BEST WEAPON.

I WANT ZE CASH

No C staves for you!

Oy...

Add this to the death counter. I will be disappointed if you don't.

It lasted longer than most playable units did. It deserves a spot on the wall of honor.

Hector in a nutshell.

Really is.

School zero tolerance policies be like

True facts.

Florina is very screwed without Lyn mode, and Fiora is better most of the time in that case.

Her biggest problem is that her competition is the one who recruits her.

Hehehehe zero damage on wyvern riders go brrrrrr.

Those Wyvern riders don't want no Monk-y business.

That would be scary as heck. Can come out of fog to attack you with an attack radius of 11 tiles, and a killing edge.

And his offensive stats would allow him to ORKO everyone who is not Oswin-level tanky.

Since when did FE not have bad, abusable AI?

"Leila..."

On 5/18/2020 at 8:32 AM, This boi uses Nino said:
  Hide contents

Finally! Another part of this!

Sorry. There was roughly 1,200 screenshots I had for the FE6 succession run and my write-up was deleted halfway through.

No it isn't.

Yay, it's not!

Yeee! We are the Benice's gang of first followers.

Me n the boyz

Only some, by which I mean Forts do cost 2 movement for foot units just like Forests.

Logical.

Wow, what a story mark! "100% random white dude" hahahaha. Your great grandpa huh, that's amazing. Actually really respectable too! The Spanish Civil War was a terrible moment in history.

Yeah, it's pretty cool. My grandpa actually was looking for him (because he was his dad and all) for several years and actually eventually found him in Chile.

Nah it was fine, a bit ambiguous but it's grammatically correct, I was just being picky and hence: " 😛 "

F

I guess, unless Dart dies... then I'll have to possess someone else *FE4 Loptyr cult theme starts playing*

I nominate Gheb.

Damn it. I know something is about to happen...

It's okay, you'll find either love or treasure with Farina.

Or maybe both!

Well, tacos in Canada went through the cringe-Karen filter called USA, so getting a real taco is harder. 

Very true. It's pretty tricky to get masa over here. There is, luckily, an amazing restaraunt, and also my abuelita.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH YOU gently caress-ing tricky dastard! Luckily, an ad played before the video so fahk u.

Ladies and gentlemen, we got 'em!

😢 (At this point I don't know if to cringe or not to cringe. Because I know this is almost completely my fault)

Oof.

This happens because the localization team still didn't know what to put for Quintessence, and they never REVISITED it again.

Too bad THAT they forgot to go back and remove it.

Nuuuu my fast Axe rank...

Hehe.

You want the three sisters as your harem don't you? lol.

My dude would never stoop so low!

Noice! The spanish word for boy is "Niño" with an "eñe"

I is having Bigbrain.

Actually, the Axereaver is fantastic! It does more damage and allows her to do very good against the swarms of Axe users in this chapter.

It does weigh her down and I am low on slim lance uses...WHY DID I FORGET TO BUY A THICC TON OF THEM?!

Well, atleast it will allow him to use Shine or Divine more effectively if he gets more speed.

And it helped his avoid, for all of the good it did him.

I reeeeee autistically and it kills a Pegasus Knight.

It's super effective!

HEHEHe lol. Also that frame looks so bad-ass!!! You know what! "What?" I want to use Lyn in my next FE7 playthrough (maybe even LP? Gosh I haven't done that in a while) It looks like a cool anime frame and the dust blowing up. Amazing! (BTW I did LP's like 2 years ago, one that centered on Rebecca and one on Lowen and a discontinued Pokemon Crystal LP, the FE7 ones were meant to gauge the potential of those units but in reality they ended up just being LPs)

Yah, I'm almost done the Rebecca one, (STRENGTH BLESSED WHY?!) and Lyn is interesting to use. Her promotion's only really good for the stat gains and 6 mov, though.

You know, maybe I did underestimate Dart a bit, I used in my first playthrough but he capped out unpromoted because i didn't get an ocean seal. And in HHM, he can one shot pegs (mostly) which is awesome! that Defense means a lot with his hitpoints too, I know Hawkeye is like better but I gained a new appreciation from Dart.

Dart is someone I really want to use. I failed Dorcas and Bartre, but I will not fail Dart!

Genius writing.

I'm good at two things: Eating and telling puns, so why not do both?

poop man! You make me like characters I've never used before and then they die, bruh I was starting to like Lucius, oh well...

You're welcome!

Hector is awesome, also OMG way to rub it in game!

Poor timing at its finest.

Damn, that sucks actually and if Dart kept his HM bonuses then he would have one-shot all of these! 

I really wish he had.

Eliwood wanted that dragon pu- wait Lyn?

Indeed! LP canon states that Elyndis is the ship.

Dude what the gently caress? Why doesn't she ever get those level ups for me? Hmph.

My dude's loving encouragement pushes her to greater heights!

Ravenge!

R'veng!

I preffer the sword crit animation, but overall I preffer the Nomad animation

Fair enough; the sword animations are super goofy, though.

True, god I hate that.

Really true.

Do tell me if this format for replying is fine or if it's annoying in some way. I'm trying to be convenient.

Works for me, I think.

On 5/18/2020 at 8:46 AM, The Roger The Paladin said:

When you realize someone just has to marry Fiora in the fan-fic and all three of you can be brothers in law.

Hold up. Family reunions that break the fourth wall in many ways?

Placeholders and how not to use them (unlike the placeholder text at the bottom of my replies segment over in Shadow Dragon, where I deliberately leave it in because I think it's funnier than it is).
It would take a lot of MEMORY to return to that phrase to fix it.

I remember the Rebecca one. Totally missed the Lowen. Then again... Lowen's viability is obviously pretty high. He's a cavalier that comes in early.

Lowen is the wall on wheels.

Well, he's dead for me.

On 5/18/2020 at 9:56 AM, Saint Rubenio said:

You must've robbed all that luck from me. Nothing went my way in my upcoming Berwick update. Want to find out what happened? Come watch my Berwick Saga LP, and don't forget to hit that "follow thread button", hit the subscribe button, hit the notifications bell, hit the share button, hit the like button, hit the link to donate to my patreon, hit the link to my Onlyfans account, hit the "sell soul" button, hit the "transfer all funds to my bank account" button, hit the "surrender world power to me" button, and if you happen to be a lady, you can hit me too!

I shall prepare my gloating muscles! Ahahahaha!! LOL IMAGINE NOT HAVING YOUR BEST UNIT DODGE LIKE 9 70%< CHANCE TO HIT!1!ONE!

But feels bad. If it was Derrick, I shall refund my luck.

Also, I didn't even know it was possible to get crippled at 15 hp. What the heck, Elbert?!

Pengaius is a liar! He is the true villain! I am being framed! Framed! Buttermaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!

LIEZ! YOU ARE GUILTY AS CHARGED!

Ironmanning.txt

True statement.

Quick, pick your favorite character and utterly ruin their life. It worked for me! You could also try the time-tested tactic of killing yourself off five times over. That's also worked for me.

But Florina is My dude's waifu! Honestly, I find the whitewings relatable in this game: Florina's how I feel, Fiora's how I want to act and Farina is how I act! (Minus the greed part, of course, but I compensate for that with love for mangoes.)

So basically, you apologize a lot, you drink a lot of tea and you want to be independent. That must be quite the bother for your parents.

Sorry, but I desire to be independent from the stereotypes of society! Blimey!

Yeah, pretty much.

Actually, Palla's never been that high in my list of waifus. I have a very specific type, and I'm afraid she's only buff in the gameplay.

VERY buff in the gameplay.

Heretic. You will burn at the stake for your insolence!

No one expects the Derrick inquisition!

Ruben from the treasury says screw you.

NO U!

Nice Ruben says with love.

Yay.

C'mon...

It's spelled UwU.

That takes effort! For shame!

What in the world are you talking about? You've been nothing but nice to me!

Fake news! Ozama was wrong to try to do things the right way! Vote Gardy 2016! Make Raze great again!

Oh boy, more grills for Darin's harem.

We must stop them!

How come the one-eyed geezer is the only one who saw them coming, though? What happened to the "scouting mission", Marlowe? Anything you might wanna tell us...?

He's just a thief! He's doing his best!

That is one way to see it. The other way is that you made her suffer the sorrow of losing her beloved to a most pathetic demise during her final days, before she died an equally pathetic death.

I prefer the former. My tactics benefit everyone!

See, this is why Fargus's shops suck. No iron axes means Dart is fucked unless you bought them in advance.

Or slim lances. If he had slim lances, I'd be set for life!

FiFy

Perfect.

You know, for such an edgelord, he sure relies on luck more than raw skill.

"I FIGHT ALONE, LUCIUS! DO THE DISHES! AND KEEP PRAYING!"

Seriously, though, someone needs to make a Raven dodge counter, because this is ridiculous.

Absolutely hilarious.

Okay, I must admit, this is starting to make even me feel bad. C'mon, Benice, get a grip. Merlinus isn't bad yet. Let him live at least ONE chapter!

It's not on purpose!

Why exactly are you calling him Nin--

Ah. Right.

My overly complicated Fanfic.

Well, that'd be because it's not. Niño is "boy" in spanish. Nino does not exist.

I am excellent Spenish Speekur.

He's stolen the luck off of every single one of your other units. Your entire army will die for his sake.

Units who will and have died. I garuntee that I'm gonna lose Oswin to a 25>% chance to hit.

Farewell, Lucius. Merlinus will sleep soundly tonight. Benice and Raven... not so much.

Hehehehehehehehe...I'll find Raven a new husbando...

Hey, it's not completely useless! You can save it for Renault.

AURGHHHGRAHBHBA

Yeah.

Big sad. Too bad sages didn't get Light magic in this game.

I can sense a "Top 10 redemption arcs" coming.

Oh, how I would love that! He's the only lord who has hope granted by promotion!

Eh. She's not Derrick.

She has a better defense growth tho.

How? This is Oswin we're talking about. How could it have gone wrong?

Two crits in a row would have put Oswin into death zone.

Ah, like that, yes.

T'was a big risk to take.

Congratulations. That was so incredibly risky. I kinda died inside a little bit watching it, not gonna lie.

Thank goodness he didn't crit!

Uhai is singlehandedly responsible for Nergal's downfall. He didn't shank Lyn when he had the chance, he didn't use her as a hostage to get Ninian, he hid in the fog instead of coming after the team, and then he revealed the way to Darin instead of letting the heroes be lost in the isle until they were ambushed.

I can understand him not wanting to dishonorably murder Lyn , but the other bit makes little sense. Although, I suppose we can infer that he's fed up with Nergal and wants us to beat him.

Very just? More like very dumb.

Accurate for all FE bosses, though. Other than Martel, who is too smart to die.

Why not just get to Kishuna and then RNG-abuse him? Saves you the trouble. Unless everyone dies, then go wild.

I don't think I have the manpower to take him out without a ton of crits...I really REALLY wish that the gaiden chapters weren't all locked behind these absurd conditions.

R.I.P. Marisa.

Although Swordmaster is probably the better option for her. I always use her instead of Joshua, too. I also always use L'Arachel and all of the trainees. I am top-tier pleyur.

"There is polution in the world. I don't know who's responsible, so I'm going to destroy you all!"

*Hector kills humanity*

Best lord!

On 5/18/2020 at 10:08 AM, This boi uses Nino said:

Because I possesed him and now I'm him >:D And Benice likes to call me Nino even though I'm THE BOI that uses Nino.

Too wordy to write 12,000 times.

Yeah!

Oh man, we're saved! A Gotoh who joins in the second to last chapter can use that tome!

On 5/18/2020 at 10:21 AM, The Roger The Paladin said:

Like slap? Or punch in the face like Reyson with Oliver? I mean with that Sylvis file-name...

How about a slap like this?

Spoiler

I keep forgetting she's a thing. Literally one of the only units in Sacred Stones I've never used.

*Gasp*But she's so fun to use! Unless she ends up strength cursed. But man, I love seeing capped strength growth Myrmidons who are infintely worse to their earlier-joining counterparts; As such, this Fir is my pride and joy: (Do excuse the bad screenshot; it was on a tablet's emulator.)

Spoiler

EPk9Nvj.jpg

To be honest, that just reminds me of Judge Death from the Judge Dredd comics. See, he came to the conclusion only the living commit crime, ergo if they outlawed life, it'd solve crime. Because if everyone's dead they aren't committing crime. Mind Judge Dredd is basically black comedy, so it's an intentionally ridiculous conclusion. The great irony is, because he had witches make him into an undead entity so as to carry out his war on life without hypocrisy, he is literally disproving his whole conclusion every time he murders someone. Not to say he's ineffective. Guy literally murdered two planets worth of people and nuked Las Vegas. That and he more or less can only be sealed away, because every time you wreck the body he's currently possessing he gets a new one anyway.

Sounds like a great guy.

I hope you're not planning to use that body to murder a couple planets worth of people and nuke Araphen.

Ain't nothing wrong with nuking Araphen! Nobody seemed to mind when Lundgren did it!

On 5/18/2020 at 11:13 AM, Saint Rubenio said:

Paramythis* Sylvis's filename is just "best waifu".

And Pent's is Panto. Hence why I shall be calling him that.

Florina is Flolina, which I thought was weird.

Aaaaaand I think I'll leave the answer to that question to your imagination.

Thank you for that.

...by the way, I find it rather concerning that you're comparing me to Oliver now...

Should I pull up the Sain Reubenio portrait again? It's technically more pure.

Can't blame ya. She's garbage. Even the devs couldn't be arsed to give her a female assassin sprite. I've used her, but only because she's bad.

What is the fun in optimal play in a game that even I consider to be easy?

On 5/19/2020 at 1:57 AM, Pengaius said:

Owend Lu-should have stayed in his cell. 

Lucius? More like Glue-cius!

The update:

Spoiler

0MQB8at.pngryBNkLA.pngEEQ0VVF.pngDUuNlJR.png

Because this was my umpteenth try on this chapter, (Believe me, I really really tried to legitimately beat Kishuna without cheese) I forgot to take a screenshot of all of the dialogue, but it was essentially this:

dTcVa4C.pngHector, I want to be Dirty Dan!

8Df8FFy.pngI want to be dirty Dan!

dTcVa4C.pngNo I'm dirty dan!

8Df8FFy.pngNo I'm dirty dan!

8Df8FFy.pngHey cool, the black fang.

The (very tiny) map:

togk5IR.png

I recall this map being quite easy, but the enemies' main force is comprised of Mages; they do get neutralized when Kishuna arrives, though. In my "Can I clear this chapter legitimately" run, Oswin ALMOST died...I thought I would have a shot at Kishuna, but then the mage reinforcements showed up, and I was NOT going to lose Oswin.

I also learned that Oswin cannot ORKO Kishuna. Sad. I tried basically everything, but I found no way to defeat Kishuna in one turn, especially not before turn 12.

Sadly, I have had to resort to cheese to beat him, so I created a weapon called "Cheese, my lads!" It's a brave eclipse weapon and therefore should ORKO Kishuna. And, of course, I gave it to my dear Florina.

And because the only way to beat Kishuna is to get killed by the snipers, I also removed the 12-turn time limit.

TOP 10 MOST HONORABLE IRONMAN RUNS I KNOW BUT I'M ONLY REALLY PLAYING FE7 AGAIN TO GET THE FULL ENDING

4KJavhx.png

Oh. Well that's not good. Nergal really needs a new landscaper. Good thing that talking to Merlinus fixes that!

QvtdPNN.png

MUCH better.

LNLOiys1_o.pngIA4Cgkpv_o.pngG3k6T2Zb_o.pngghr8pgWs_o.pngXuSPRetv_o.pngftJXjsCj_o.png

Oh, how I love this. Ripe for Eliwood! I may be able to salvage him!

cg2HdUTt_o.pngQX3NF5LT_o.png6GOPeVQR_o.pngij89CS1C_o.pngiWkbEXwt_o.pngUrn4lsli_o.png

The enemies on this map are also tailor-made for Canas. Hopefully he'll get a few more decent levels before ch. 20!

k9DvjK0z_o.pngDA1b2vj5_o.png

Wil gets to help out!

rZdgaZm7_o.pngADUqKi2f_o.png

I can see why people like Raven now. I do hope that his promotion gets him some defense, because at this rate, he's killing everything so fast that he takes tons of damage.

2yspNGF2_o.png

What is Raven looking at, exactly?

La5Ldliq_o.png

OH MY GOD GARON GET OUT

wGZQJrAs_o.pngH3iLM0g6_o.png

Canas is doing great! He's already done two flashbangs today, but otherwise, he's been a real help!

U8gXOYgz_o.png

Apt.

504gXhYB_o.pnggH2qPZsl_o.pngXyitXWK6_o.png

Excellent! I can see where Florina learned her combat from.

Florina visits those ruins over there.

7BTgPNqU_o.png

"Give me a goddess icon!"

Definitely going straight to Raven to help his dodge and crit evasion.

mdLYRi3R_o.png

Eliwood continues to enjoy his moment in the sun.

OrfQtuO5_o.pngVioUdhUl_o.png

Probably shouldn't have risked Canas like that, but he's a god! Nothing can fell him!

HdA1Qyb6_o.pngo46fRhVF_o.pngFOTHCf7p_o.pngPfnyNht3_o.png

A0L3C14F_o.png3QYPQiWe_o.png9FwGXbnG_o.pngzShO2BWK_o.png

Eliwood unleshes his inner Garon!

NTMe06wE_o.png

Yes! Near perfect! Thank you!

Anyways, Eliwood's doing a lot of that.

fRaK3Ts1_o.png

Raven likes it rough.

LwysDDUe_o.png

You know, Wil's starting to do decent chip damage. If only he weren't slower than Molassess...Or Oswin.

q7H4bCma_o.png

Kablooie!

Es3HFxQN_o.png

More weapon durability!

Aokrw0sn_o.pngHBQ8XJ2z_o.png

Gotta love Canas.

syiBsv7j_o.png

Fiora's gonna need some levels to catch up to Florina!

1SA7xQHo_o.pngeBB34TzA_o.png

Excellent! A great start!

T6KiXMpW_o.png

Raven thinks of Lucius. Lucius blesses him again.

MsI4hYiP_o.png

gXBHWbMP_o.pngCl9ocOhx_o.png

Ack! Thank goodness that she's fast enough not to get doubled even when weighed down.

!PbIlD7lx_o.pngnwzOVNM4_o.png

OH CRIPES! Nononononono! I cannot lose my future sister-in-law!

...Phew. That's it. I really do not like the abscence of a healer.

4v0xbBgd_o.png

Wil's nonexistant res makes me wary of using him here, but I think that he'll be okay?

22H3t9Wd_o.png

Yes! I was really worried about missing that.

w0Id0HwP_o.png

DEW IT. Canas needs to take out that knight.

nnyQeCbx_o.png

Did she hit?

mJNMCifW_o.png

Of course she did! Florina will never fail to impress me.

KQqIHNTC_o.pngWndKtAdc_o.png

Oi! That's my Merlinus you are maurauding! Stey bakk!

ZPfiB9cN_o.pngc9vElrcC_o.png

Goody!

JT8rQjBn_o.png

Urk! Well, helps for healing.

EFSw3FyL_o.pngjtnrPebo_o.png

Healing, me screaming when I realized that I canto'd Fiora into the wrong spot.

Af4D8cTe_o.pngtzyZNvmx_o.pngXybnP4OH_o.png

Myrmilord! Nothing can hit Hecotr!

zQ80jGJA_o.png

I do not want this bandit to make it to enemy phase.

QJqC7do6_o.png

That's my boy!

CELrh0n8_o.png

Dumb? Probably. Worth a shot? Yep. Nothing can kill him even if he gets hit.

4EIGWUwV_o.pngeGtt55Il_o.pngqPa8XP4C_o.png

Better than expected!

WtTBhLU8_o.png

PERFECT! AMAZING! ASTOUNDING! SPEED, FINALLY! Upon promotion, you MAY just double a few enemies!

9TxiZNdn_o.pngvMoIulis_o.pngqSMSQfj0_o.png

Flolina shall help me protect her sister!

Or maybe it's more me cheering her on...I can never amount to what she's doing...She's so amazing! Sooo cute and powerful!

qXWo9DDn_o.png

Bah! Lyn's gonna get hit by this...Oh well. Hector can take out the mage and defend Lyn from the brigand in one move.

mhMaL5fZ_o.pngId7v6Z2w_o.png

What?! Lyn dodged?! The mage must have tripped.

iZySc8ze_o.pngNpeuUxN4_o.png

Excellent! Toasted!

EpKpKKoT_o.png

Gotta conserve that iron axe!

LwYJsKBf_o.pngl7eYzyD4_o.pngUoKD2Z40_o.png

Oh well.

38PS35Tj_o.png7f9IV2nf_o.pngtv5gSz5z_o.png

Eyy, speed! Speed is good! The way I see it, every point of speed is another chapter where he'll be okay.

9iJ5R12q_o.png8tFJf9nS_o.png

SIlly armor knight, trying to attack Hector.

LrZood5R_o.png

Florina time! She'll be fine even if she misses.

bjOIRj5v_o.png

Florina will never fail!

0z9vtTz6_o.png

Don't give up on life yet, Mr. Armor knight! There's so much for you to live for! Don't incur Hector's wrath like that!

zcLPBgx.png..... ......... .. ....., ..... .. .. ...... ... .. .. ... ....! .. ..... ....! (Their tactician is right, there is no reason for me to die here! I'm outta here!)

G8UsLQPr_o.png

Let's attack this mage instead.

d1T6oHO3_o.png

Roasted 'n toasted!

GMejqcoB_o.png

MMMmmmmmm......Well....Mmmmm....Hmmm....I...I don't THINK she can die here? She only needs to dodge once...

ZwkimWV2_o.pngzEA37R5Y_o.png9Ort781Q_o.png

Crud. That was a terrible idea...But it's Florina! She can't possibly lose, right?

sfYYVyyt_o.pngZJmPsp0u_o.png

Especially not if they randomly go after Hector instead.

KR3yluXa_o.png

Phew...

xGcDy8FR_o.png5AAoFQAB_o.png

Okay, we're all good.

fXuZ6tUe_o.pngZqBtfjZX_o.pngrq0GEAQL_o.png

OH TRUCK NO! FLORINA!

T592GLrU_o.pngdp8vMm0X_o.png

Ahh...Ohh...Phew...Florina's okay...Everything's fine...

SWJXNwer_o.png

Fiora will not allow these scrubs to slap her little sister!

w69r4VIr_o.png1LQKOnOQ_o.pngFob3ELop_o.png

A soul for a soul..

GzH7E3xe_o.png

Dare I?

Ou4gi9UK_o.png

INSTANT REGRET WHY DID I DO THAT?!

WSMXCkkN_o.pngdKCAENse_o.png

Phew...Lyn did something right again!

DsTrWW9j_o.png

Lyndis.png

nGk1eYrd_o.pngqvYndbx6_o.png

We can't have you attack Lyn. That would be rude!

r3DaLjF3_o.png

Duck!

k6Gud7pJ_o.png

That is the weirdest frame in the knight's attack animation that I've ever seen.

VS7HI6UM_o.png

Poor Merlinus, targeted by mage reinforcements who nearly killed Oswin in my first attempt...I'd keep Canas back there, but I'd rather not risk his life and keep him near the no-magic zone in case of a nasty situation.

qunVk831_o.png

Way to dodge! How does he even evade their atta- Ahh, he must yell about traps, disrupting the aim of enemies.

I won't question it.

YaUewr7D_o.pngaVXKwjcy_o.png

Begone!

vZyxRAXD_o.png

Eliwood's damage is so tiny that you can't see it behind the x2

fzuSEEY2_o.pngoJ3L0mBZ_o.pngIMfzmOIn_o.png

Buuuuuuuut it's still exp and is therefore worth it. Man, my luck's been really good today!

5FG2jx91_o.png

Why not. None of the other enemies move to attack.

cgOO6WBf_o.png3iKQp5fQ_o.pngwEJUlnwd_o.png

Yey.

co09jKiz_o.pngY9MlN3UD_o.png

Merlinus still dodgetanking like a champ!

7Um6HAJL_o.pngBg6AeD9F_o.png

Ahh...Oh well.

TcS1YSFV_o.png

Boss abuse time!

UbrlqXoN_o.pngyZByN2Az_o.png

Swing and a miss, both on the screenshot and hit.

uBwKuec5_o.pngTvQJAg3B_o.png

You'll get him next time, Wil. He's gonna be here for a good while; he is actually one of my more reliably ways to hit Aion.

4YGoWsso_o.pngAgeKNJDD_o.png

I don't know why they chose snipers instead of anything else as stationary enemies to defend Kishuna, but I'm glad they did. Until they start moving in which case  think they ORKO everybody but Hector and MAYBE Oswin, but he'd be cutting it incredibly close if he does survive.

1bo1G2Hi_o.png

Goody! Eliwood will hopefully get a level or two from the boss.

SCt9VVaj_o.pngB9TmQGCN_o.png

Mmkay, keep trying, Wil.

NhZqeeED_o.png

JESUS CHRIST WHAT?! I I PUT HECTOR IN THE SNIPER'S RANGE! GYAAARGHH!!!! NOOOO!! HE GETS...

He doesn't get doubled? What? Even with a hammer?

Okay. Well. Uh, all part of the plan!

pkDEYmei_o.pngyPSAeq1m_o.png

Canas will get some quality exp from these mages. Too bad Lucius isn't here, he would have had an absolute field day. And he would have been a better staffbot than Canas.

lyHliFiW_o.pngJkly2L00_o.png

I have no idea why the mages seem to prefer to charge into the no-magic zone instead of attacking.

82vbnnKs_o.png

Gotta conserve those iron lance uses!

ZhUwpN3A_o.png

Gah! Oh well, no harm done.

NtOfpXKr_o.png

Uwee heee! Dat's a Fiora level!

M83PgSh7_o.png

UWEE HEEE! WHAT A FAMILY!

yR1ryVOl_o.png7tuYnM3b_o.png

That's three misses in a row for Wil. Step it up, man!

And that's basically the rest of the chapter. But first, the highlight reel!

YkVdKdA4_o.png

As far as I'm concerned, a near-perfect level. He's becoming decent! Yays!

jXabcKAU_o.pngGkt0Dg09_o.pngRxhPoWDf_o.png

Wil missed six times in a row, including the previous two misses.

UDwUHw2G_o.pngY60GCdXV_o.png

A decent level for Canas and an exemplary level from Florina!

u8BPa2l1_o.png

Amazing!

pCckPIb1_o.png

Florina wants to be just like Fiora!

noyZqTFm_o.pngyIryJuM8_o.pngZEODRsB0_o.png

Wil hits once and then misses three more times! You should not have hit 1/9 shots with 54% chance to hit! (The last one doesn't count because it was with a steel bow)

fUns7A4l_o.pngDChwbgul_o.png

And for all my aches and pains, I got this meh level.

98tEoFWl_o.png

Cheese, my lads!

TNSKQvcD_o.png

And he's toast.

zfAce0C0_o.png

And it only took me 23 turns to rout them!

f45h1mBM_o.png

We're outta here!

CBWrgD5c_o.pngsma3zka2_o.png

U5gtkhM1_o.pngkxUl0HE7_o.pngN8fR4Uw0_o.pngHFNYUCZi_o.pngnSvaTRdL_o.png

This is a very canadian debate.

J7hwQAUy_o.pngOpJlCS8c_o.png

YOU BROKE HECTOR, ELIWOOD!

ZRY3uNM3_o.png

Make you u.

qbXViBNO_o.pngXNddSfIj_o.pngD8KCESKF_o.pngLJQwDRZM_o.pngqjdrSmS4_o.png44CSLvj1_o.pngmrPFvwuK_o.png

"Knows?"

OxXXF32y_o.pngRqxUebCt_o.pngjGKRQMC.pngOdXk7ON.png

After getting sidetracked by another gaiden, of course.

Speaking of the gaiden...

s5bK0D0.png

We got it! Thank goodness that the Nils fix I did worked.

Next time, I play a map for the first time with almost no weapons! It's gonna be fun!

Stay safe and healthy, and have a great week!

M91Ve7Z.pngSurrounded? By what? How?

LyISHtn.png(How did I miss them when the guy with one eye found them?)

5RPLYTm.pngArchers. Lots of them. I can't see 'em, but I hear rustling. They may not attack if we surrender.

LZZ9C4m.pngNo! We can't fail here!

Iln3Sp3.pngOh dear! This is not good...But we can pull through this...We just need each other.

gA0n8AM.pngYou did well to surrender, dogs! You've reduced the chance that your deaths will be slow.

M91Ve7Z.pngHold up, you can't do that! That's illegal! You're supposed to capture people who are disarmed!

gA0n8AM.pngHeh, I love you chivalrous types...Always so naive. Say your farewells, bast-

5RPLYTm.pngPICK UP YOUR WEAPONS AND CHARGE!

gA0n8AM.pngWat? Ouch! RUDE! Get them, lads! Don't let them escape!

5RPLYTm.pngDON'T STOP MOVING! WE MUST ESCAPE! FOLLOW ME!

LyISHtn.pngDon't need to tell me twice! Watch out for the arrow at six o' clock!

Jsl3B8J.png Six O' clock...That would be...Straight behind- Guh! That really smarts!

Iln3Sp3.pngBrunnya!

Jsl3B8J.pngTh-that was my casting arm too! They'll pay for this!!

Iln3Sp3.pngStop! Hold still so I can heal you! ..........

Jsl3B8J.png...Ah! Oohh... It...It doesn't hurt anymore. Thank you, miss Helen.

Iln3Sp3.pngGo..... Run!

Jsl3B8J.pngWhat about you?

Iln3Sp3.pngI'll be fine! Sir Glass will protect me while I catch my breath!

Jsl3B8J.pngI'll trust your word!

Iln3Sp3.pngRun, Brunnya...

DEATH COUNT: Matthew

Rebecca*

Lowen

Guy

Serra

Bartre

Dorcas

Marcus

Erk

Priscilla~

Wil

Lucius

Defeated as enemy

*Retreated

~Captured

???

Discharged/killed pre-reset.

Dishonorably spared

RESET COUNT: Hector x 2

Lyn x 4

Bandit x 2

Eliwood x 5

Merlinus x6

MERLINUS DEATHS AS A MERCHANT: 7

Edited by Benice

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, Benice said:

Oooh. I am really glad that I ended him before he could do that. But how did he wait for 20 turns? I always finish it on turn 12 or so even when I'm not aiming for the Gaiden! (Well, that was in Eliwood normal. Ignore me.)

I was ironmanning, I like to avoid taking unnecessary risks in fog of war, and I completely and totally forgot there was a time-sensitive gaiden and thus tried to kill him slowly with Lowen so he could promote in time for the next chapter. As a result, I had to do the rest of the run without the silver card, which... caused some issues. Not as many as I expected, bu there were still problems with money for a while.

34 minutes ago, Benice said:

Love the reference.

UbrlqXoN_o.pngyZByN2Az_o.png

Swing and a miss, both on the screenshot and hit.

uBwKuec5_o.pngTvQJAg3B_o.png

Hm. Calls for thunder but gets Elfire.

jXabcKAU_o.pngGkt0Dg09_o.pngRxhPoWDf_o.png

Wil missed six times in a row, including the previous two misses.

I'm sure you won't miss Wil if you ever stop using him, considering how inconsistent of a shot he is. He is a perfect example of why I don't really use archers in FE.

Iln3Sp3.pngGo..... Run!

Jsl3B8J.pngWhat about you?

Iln3Sp3.pngI'll be fine! Sir Glass will protect me while I catch my breath!

Jsl3B8J.pngI'll trust your word!

She had better not die is all I have to say. Glass and Helen deserve to have a happy life together. I really like the side stories, btw. Mark x Florina, Glass x Helen, etc. Nice additions to the main story.

----------

Great update. I'll be looking forward to the next one.

Edited by twilitfalchion

Spoiler
1 hour ago, Benice said:

I apologize for the updates being slower as of late, but life is starting to exist again, so I have more stuff to do; Updates will usually occur every few days. Sorry 'bout that!

Ah I was wondering about that, I really liked the daily updates but if you're busy, I get it man.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Sorry. There was roughly 1,200 screenshots I had for the FE6 succession run and my write-up was deleted halfway through.

1200 screenshots? WHY!? Like I don't ned to see every frame of animation or attacking, that would probably cut it down to 100 or something, atleast that's how it was for me a long time ago but then again I didn't narrate about too many things.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Me n the boyz

YEEEEEAAAAAAA Me n' the boyz

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Yeah, it's pretty cool. My grandpa actually was looking for him (because he was his dad and all) for several years and actually eventually found him in Chile.

That's awesome, how would one go about searching someone though? No matter. I think @Saint Rubenio should tank your great grandpa because it's possible his grandparents are alive thanks to him. I know anti communism was a thing but how the hell did Franco win that war?

1 hour ago, Benice said:

I nominate Gheb.

Fool, I can possess whoever I want... hehehehe....

1 hour ago, Benice said:

It's okay, you'll find either love or treasure with Farina.

Or maybe both!

Yay! Not gonna lie, Farina is cuter when you pay closer attention. Gosh why are the Pegasisters so damn cute?

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Very true. It's pretty tricky to get masa over here. There is, luckily, an amazing restaraunt, and also my abuelita.

Aww, having an abuelita is the best damn thing in the world, I have lived with mine for most of my life and she's perhaps the most important person to me.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Too bad THAT they forgot to go back and remove it.

i KNOW right? (that made me laugh lol)

1 hour ago, Benice said:

I is having Bigbrain.

So big brain indeed but much cum inside is why. Florina make you coom and turning you into "big"brain.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

It does weigh her down and I am low on slim lance uses...WHY DID I FORGET TO BUY A THICC TON OF THEM?!

Oof that does suck, I know it weighs her down but it means more exp for her, I think you can leave her on the sea and have her chip them down slowly.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

It's super effective!

hehehe hahahaha that was hilarious.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Yah, I'm almost done the Rebecca one, (STRENGTH BLESSED WHY?!) and Lyn is interesting to use. Her promotion's only really good for the stat gains and 6 mov, though.

You're almost done... reading it? Anyways, it was that LP that made me fall in love with her, so god-damn precious! Also, I on;y did fan-fiction once in that LP at the end and now I cringe at it, please don't be harsh.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

But Elyndis is a word.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Too wordy to write 12,000 times.

Fair enough.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

8Df8FFy.pngHey cool, the black fang.

Hahaha xddd, I think it's fine for you to not put every aspect of the story.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

2yspNGF2_o.png

What is Raven looking at, exactly?

La5Ldliq_o.png

OH MY GOD GARON GET OUT

That's his transformation lol

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Canas. Hopefully he'll get a few more decent levels before ch. 20!

Why not insta-promo? Don't you need a healer?

1 hour ago, Benice said:

eBB34TzA_o.png

Excellent! A great start!

Excellent!

1 hour ago, Benice said:

T6KiXMpW_o.png

Aww... that's cute.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

MsI4hYiP_o.png

hahahahAHAH!

1 hour ago, Benice said:

JT8rQjBn_o.png

Damage too, d00d. I think his speed is already very good for his promo bonuses.

2 hours ago, Benice said:

WtTBhLU8_o.png

PERFECT! AMAZING! ASTOUNDING! SPEED, FINALLY! Upon promotion, you MAY just double a few enemies!

10 speed post promotion is... meh, I guess +1 con helps him with Steel Bows, he"ll double some things I guess.

tv5gSz5z_o.png

Eyy, speed! Speed is good! The way I see it, every point of speed is another chapter where he'll be okay.

My Hector had like 13 speed at level 20, which I think is slightly above average, this is ridiculous though!

0z9vtTz6_o.png

Don't give up on life yet, Mr. Armor knight! There's so much for you to live for! Don't incur Hector's wrath like that!

zcLPBgx.png..... ......... .. ....., ..... .. .. ...... ... .. .. ... ....! .. ..... ....! (Their tactician is right, there is no reason for me to die here! I'm outta here!)

These tiny writing segments are pretty cute. (I know that's Derrick btw)

ZwkimWV2_o.pngzEA37R5Y_o.png9Ort781Q_o.png

Crud. That was a terrible idea...But it's Florina! She can't possibly lose, right?

sfYYVyyt_o.pngZJmPsp0u_o.png

Especially not if they randomly go after Hector instead.

HAhaha, oh FE7's AI is dumb.

k6Gud7pJ_o.png

That is the weirdest frame in the knight's attack animation that I've ever seen.

AHAHhahaBHLEWiYDMA what the heck??

YkVdKdA4_o.png

Awesome.

UDwUHw2G_o.pngY60GCdXV_o.png

A decent level for Canas and an exemplary level from Florina!

u8BPa2l1_o.png

Amazing!

pCckPIb1_o.png

Florina wants to be just like Fiora!

Ahhhh I... I want to have such blessed units myself once... Aaaaah! AMAZING!

U5gtkhM1_o.pngkxUl0HE7_o.pngN8fR4Uw0_o.pngHFNYUCZi_o.pngnSvaTRdL_o.png

This is a very canadian debate.

HAhahahaha

ZRY3uNM3_o.png

Make you u.

I am made u too

LyISHtn.pngDon't need to tell me twice! Watch out for the arrow at six o' clock!

Jsl3B8J.png Six O' clock...That would be...Straight behind- Guh! That really smarts!

"That really smarts"? Sorry for Eliwood-ing here but that's weird

Though what happened? Last update nothing like this happened. I wonder if Hector's team will find these guys.

6 hours ago, Benice said:

Canas must survive!

You can totally see I wrote that in the replies, and never went back and changed it.

You really should start the Darin fan club if you're going to keep endorsing his actions this much. SMH, SMH!

Darin's Icky Club Kathelet Subdivision.

His name is Punnable?

I Wil admit that's one reason.

Yep.

It takes a special kind of character to literally start a fictional war, resulting in a real war over whether they are or aren't in the wrong. When you can cause fights to break out in another plane of existence, you're doing something drastic.

Merlinus' nightmare island. Escape while you still can, Merlinus!

When you realize Merlinus was the one who actually named it. Because of the traps. The Dread Isle indeed.

Yeh, but I know I'll kill Raven by accident that way.

The Devil Axe is surprisingly tempting in Shadow Dragon despite not having the bonus to Wexp. The damage the thing does. It's huge. Shame it makes the backfire all the more devastating.

Hehehehehehehehe...I'll find Raven a new husbando...

Plot twist. Darin. Except Darin's the unwilling party this time.

I don't think I have the manpower to take him out without a ton of crits...I really REALLY wish that the gaiden chapters weren't all locked behind these absurd conditions.

*laughs in unit deaths*

Sounds like a great guy.

Well in his favor, he is very polite. Knocking on doors, and giving people a warm smile and friendly "greetings" before ripping their heart from them. His home world literally was a den of serial killers and  corrupt police to a far higher degree than the Earth we know is, or even Judge Dredd's post-apocalyptic future world (see he's from an alternate Earth). His first kill was his father, a dentist who'd literally pick up hobos to torture and leave in ditches by the side of the road, who he reported to the police. Given he was appointed executioner, he sort of was warped. Also the Las Vegas on Dredd's world kind of was run by a cabal of dictators who made anyone unfortunate enough to come near the city and get captured go through life-threatening situations (gladiatorial matches and verified death-traps) while the populace bet on the outcomes. If they got lucky, they could win citizenship, but almost all of the time they died because the games were rigged against them. So essentially instead of betting on roulette wheels, this Las Vegas bet on people's lives. Then they screwed up by plucking Death out of the desert one day... but you can't kill what does not live. Death does have his one blind-spot. See, for a while, he was tenant to an elderly woman named Mrs. Gunderson, who is the picture of disability, both functionally blind and severely hard of hearing. She can't even walk unaided. For whatever reason, she became the first person Death judged as "innocent" in spite of her status as living. Hence he's not only unable to bring himself to harm her, but outright protective of her. So, you know... even for a deranged mass murder with the goal of wiping out life... he does have his nice side.

Ain't nothing wrong with nuking Araphen! Nobody seemed to mind when Lundgren did it!

Well, when you've read my above description of Las Vegas in Dredd's time... I can't say there was much wrong with nuking it. That city was outright-evil in that future.

La5Ldliq_o.png

OH MY GOD GARON GET OUT

Spooky scary Raven anyone?

NTMe06wE_o.png

Anyways, Eliwood's doing a lot of that.

Meanwhile, my Marth still doesn't know what a strength growth is.

7 hours ago, Benice said:

WtTBhLU8_o.png

Pretty much a perfect level, given you don't really want him getting hit anyway.

DChwbgul_o.png

And for all my aches and pains, I got this meh level.

Not that bad. I mean, he could have used speed. Again.. I tend not to worry about defensive stats on archers because I don't want them active on enemy phase.

6 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

He wasn't very bright. Maybe Kishuna was there to keep him from embarrassing himself by realizing he had the wrong tome.

4 hours ago, This boi uses Nino said:

No guiding rings yet. He lost out on the first one because he had no thief.

I do suppose that explains how Roy became the most pathetic lord in all of Fire Emblem by a longshot.

Also, I didn't even know it was possible to get crippled at 15 hp. What the heck, Elbert?!

...Scratch that, you've robbed all that luck off of your Berwick Saga playthrough. Jesus, that is horrible...

VERY buff in the gameplay.

Yes, but she has that generic anime waifu figure and attire, and I'm afraid I don't dig that all too much.

Ahem.

Fake news! Ozama was wrong to try to do things the right way! Vote Gardy 2016! Make Raze great again!

This is too good. Even if I do have a different joke in mind for those guys.

Other than Martel, who is too brilliant to die.

Grrrrrrr... wasn't too brilliant to avoid Dougy's lance, though...!

How about a slap like this?

No, I, uh... no. I'm afraid not.

*Gasp*But she's so fun to use! Unless she ends up strength cursed. But man, I love seeing capped strength growth Myrmidons who are infintely worse to their earlier-joining counterparts; As such, this Fir is my pride and joy: (Do excuse the bad screenshot; it was on a tablet's emulator.)

Ah! Bad unit talk! Does someone want to see my Hicks video again? I can deliver!

Also, that's one hell of a Fir. Reminds me of the time my friend played FE6 and got a blessed Noah of all things.

Should I pull up the Sain Reubenio portrait again? It's technically more pure.

No, I'd rather you did not, thanks... We've seen enough of him.

Lucius? More like Glue-cius!

Ha! He just beat you at your game, Butterman!

8 hours ago, Benice said:

TOP 10 MOST HONORABLE IRONMAN RUNS I KNOW BUT I'M ONLY REALLY PLAYING FE7 AGAIN TO GET THE FULL ENDING

I forgive you, I had to bend over backwards to get the full ending in FE6. Just so I could give myself more chapters to suffer on.

4KJavhx.png

Oh. Well that's not good. Nergal really needs a new landscaper. Good thing that talking to Merlinus fixes that!

I didn't know the Dread Isle was secretly Sacae.

The enemies on this map are also tailor-made for Canas

Until half the map becomes an anti-Canas zone.

La5Ldliq_o.png

OH MY GOD GARON GET OUT

Ah! It's worse Volcens! I won't stop saying that even though I've stated multiple times that I know nothing about Garon and thus I'm not qualified to critizice him!

7BTgPNqU_o.png

"Give me a goddess icon!"

Honestly though, why didn't he join here? Even if he left the party when the team left the Dread Isle, at least it would've been better than "worse Athos who is secretly the best character in the game."

Nothing can fell him!

These are the words that you should be saying, yes.

NTMe06wE_o.png

Eligood.

fRaK3Ts1_o.png

Raven likes it rough.

Oh no. Now I relate to the edgelord. How can you do this to me!?

I wasn't expecting to stumble upon this here of all places. But I'm glad I did.

That movie's just a masterpiece, isn't it?

Af4D8cTe_o.pngtzyZNvmx_o.pngXybnP4OH_o.png

Myrmilord! Nothing can hit Hecotr!

I'm glad for Hecotr. I see Hector learned from his example, too!

WtTBhLU8_o.png

He wil be a good unit.

0z9vtTz6_o.png

Oh shit, he's in FE7. You better shoehorn him into the fanfic now.

Also I like how you shamelessly stole that, but I suppose you did know that I read this so I would quickly jump on the opportunity to feed my ego by saying that I did this. The bottom-line is, I forgive you.

GzH7E3xe_o.png

Dare I?

Dude, just last update I didn't dare to try something where the chance of death was 0.2%. No, man. You do not dare. You don't ever dare. This is ironman. You can't dare. And of course you dared. You Darin man.

NhZqeeED_o.png

JESUS CHRIST WHAT?! I I PUT HECTOR IN THE SNIPER'S RANGE! GYAAARGHH!!!! NOOOO!! HE GETS...

He doesn't get doubled? What? Even with a hammer?

FE7 enemies! Their power is astounding!

Uwee heee! Dat's a Fiora level!

M83PgSh7_o.png

UWEE HEEE! WHAT A FAMILY!

Valtonice.

5RPLYTm.pngPICK UP YOUR WEAPONS AND CHARGE!

I'm not entirely sure how this would work, unless the Black Fang archers are dumb and lowered their weapons also-- yes, it would definitely work. Not-General Lawrence is a genius.

Uhai is singlehandedly responsible for Nergal's downfall. He didn't shank Lyn when he had the chance, he didn't use her as a hostage to get Ninian, he hid in the fog instead of coming after the team, and then he revealed the way to Darin instead of letting the heroes be lost in the isle until they were ambushed.

I can understand him not wanting to dishonorably murder Lyn , but the other bit makes little sense. Although, I suppose we can infer that he's fed up with Nergal and wants us to beat him.

Fun fact Legault has multiple rarely seen boss quotes (because what kinda lunatic uses a thief to fight major bosses) that mention Uhai, hinting that he was a major member of the Black Fang before Nergal started taking over.

And because the only way to beat Kishuna is to get killed by the snipers, I also removed the 12-turn time limit.

Once you kill Aion, Kishuna will stay around until attacked, so the 12-turn limit isn't as restrictive as it seems (as long as you can kill Aion...)

MsI4hYiP_o.png

OMG, part of Erik Estrada blatantly tipsy/drunken performance from Cool Cat Saves the Kids.

GMejqcoB_o.png

MMMmmmmmm......Well....Mmmmm....Hmmm....I...I don't THINK she can die here? She only needs to dodge once...

Although those two mage hits Hector is about to take are going to hurt a fair bit.

VS7HI6UM_o.png

Poor Merlinus, targeted by mage reinforcements who nearly killed Oswin in my first attempt...I'd keep Canas back there, but I'd rather not risk his life and keep him near the no-magic zone in case of a nasty situation.

Yeah those reinforcements are surprisingly tough to deal with, although if you put Canas on one of the forts (for both passive healing, and to spawn block half of them) he probably would survive.

4YGoWsso_o.pngAgeKNJDD_o.png

I don't know why they chose snipers instead of anything else as stationary enemies to defend Kishuna, but I'm glad they did. Until they start moving in which case  think they ORKO everybody but Hector and MAYBE Oswin, but he'd be cutting it incredibly close if he does survive.

When Kishuna leaves they start moving, and attacking. Its terrifying and brutal.

6 hours ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

The Devil Axe is surprisingly tempting in Shadow Dragon despite not having the bonus to Wexp. The damage the thing does. It's huge. Shame it makes the backfire all the more devastating.

It is, and it's so damn satisfying to see large pools of HP fall with one hit.

6 hours ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Oh I know but leveling Canas to level 20 is... just why? I mean, he should promote as soon as he gets the Guiding Ring.

13 hours ago, Benice said:

Although Swordmaster is probably the better option for her. I always use her instead of Joshua, too. I also always use L'Arachel and all of the trainees. I am top-tier pleyur.

angreee girl vs laid back dude with an actual backstory, which is better?

13 hours ago, Benice said:

Sadly, I have had to resort to cheese to beat him, so I created a weapon called "Cheese, my lads!" It's a brave eclipse weapon and therefore should ORKO Kishuna. And, of course, I gave it to my dear Florina.

4KJavhx.png

10/10 hakeng skeel.

14 hours ago, Benice said:

OrfQtuO5_o.pngVioUdhUl_o.png

Probably shouldn't have risked Canas like that, but he's a god! Nothing can fell him!

I wouldn't taunt the rng gods.

nnyQeCbx_o.png

Did she hit?

Why an axereaver?

JT8rQjBn_o.png

And more dangerous luna.

WtTBhLU8_o.png

I mean, considering that enemies start deciding that weighing themselves down by 4 AS is worth having a steel lance, yeah!

mhMaL5fZ_o.pngId7v6Z2w_o.png

What?! Lyn dodged?! The mage must have tripped.

Classic FE dodge: just barely shifting out of position to avoid a column of flame.

EpKpKKoT_o.png

Gotta conserve that iron axe!

hOArDiNg iS A PitFaLl

DsTrWW9j_o.png

Lyndis.png

Nah, mine is level 17 and is running around with 1 res and 3 defense.

VS7HI6UM_o.png

Risk his life? I think, at most, those thunder mages would barely do 1 damage to him.

zfAce0C0_o.png

And it only took me 23 turns to rout them!

BAD HACKER CHEATER CORRUPTED RUN I VOTE YOU KILL FLORINA AS PUNISHMENT.

14 hours ago, Alastor15243 said:

I was ironmanning, I like to avoid taking unnecessary risks in fog of war, and I completely and totally forgot there was a time-sensitive gaiden and thus tried to kill him slowly with Lowen so he could promote in time for the next chapter. As a result, I had to do the rest of the run without the silver card, which... caused some issues. Not as many as I expected, bu there were still problems with money for a while.

I made it there, but Matthew had died two chapters before. That hurt.

12 hours ago, This boi uses Nino said:

Canas. Hopefully he'll get a few more decent levels before ch. 20!

He doesn't have a guiding ring. The next guiding ring he can get is chapter 20.

12 hours ago, This boi uses Nino said:

YkVdKdA4_o.png

Dang, this boi has the same speed as my promoted at level 20 eliwood, but mine has 20 strength.

14 minutes ago, This boi uses Nino said:
7 hours ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Oh I know but leveling Canas to level 20 is... just why? I mean, he should promote as soon as he gets the Guiding Ring.

He said chapter 20, not level 20:

Hopefully he'll get a few more decent levels before ch. 20!

ch. stands for chapter, but I can see how you could misinterpret this.

oh yeah, I continued mine Benice.

Genesis I remembered the BS that it is in HHM, and mine cheesed, getting Lyn to 17, Hector to 20, and Eliwood to 20. I also trained Heath to level 18, because the amount of promoted units in this chapter gives ridiculous xp to units you want. In fact, on easier difficulties, I consider it a here, level up your units as much as you want.

Four fanged offence I got Linus, and killed Geitz (sorry Geese) Isadora perished because apparently she can only take one hit from the wyvern riders without dying.

Crazed beast I got Farina, my last hope for a flier, and thanks to selling that ocean seal for that tasty 25k gold I had the funds.

On the Vaida chapter, Rebecca finally perished, a level 6 archer that had survived some of the more difficult chapters in the game, through sheer luck. Eliwood promoted.

I got Jerme's version of the next chapter, which I had never seen before, because all of my guiding ring users were dead except Serra, and all my Hero crest users were dead except Raven, and Raven is whipping stuff while Serra isn't. 

And now Battle Before Dawn. Two resets, because Zephiel dies on turn 6 to the two fighters, the archer, and the mage, and I cannot do anything. I HATE this chapter on HHM.

My current stars of the show are:

image.png.3c82cdd034ceeec139d0d9a8c65b5430.png

This monstrosity, who is a level 7 Wyvern Lord, doubles and kills everything, and has NINETEEN defense. Unkillable, undefeatable.

image.png.543dd4e52a47419c761a4406f5049cd2.png

Raven the level 11 hero, who has the body ring if you can't tell, my screenshots are having difficulties, and who also doubles and kills everything in an edgy fashion.

image.png.f08e15c7f627c2a9ad8ce3099f8ad5c6.png

The scammer with good growths, who is going to be very helpful.

image.png.1525a3550549f6ea18a21f7eddb3323a.png

Oswin the level 9 general, who has started to fall off, but is still helpful.

These guys are carrying me rn, and I actually got Harken out of curiosity, because I have never gotten him before because I play the chapter extremely fast and Karel almost always shows up, but Harken is really good and better then Karel actually.

6 minutes ago, Hello72207 said:

5 minutes ago, Hello72207 said:

Ooooh.... I am a complete moron.

6 minutes ago, Hello72207 said:

i know that I just thought he said level 20 god damn it

1 hour ago, Hello72207 said:

I mean, considering that enemies start deciding that weighing themselves down by 4 AS is worth having a steel lance, yeah!

I mean... it's better than some of the things I've seen people decide was a good idea. Like what I just did in my Shadow Dragon H5 run.

50 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

I mean... it's better than some of the things I've seen people decide was a good idea. Like what I just did in my Shadow Dragon H5 run.

Now I'm curious

What did you do?

My dude saga, chapter 12: Ink-redible map design!

The replies:

Spoiler
On 5/20/2020 at 4:31 PM, twilitfalchion said:

Love the reference.

Yay! Someone got it! I've never actually watched Spongebob, so it's all from second-hand experience.

He does have a bolting that he will not be able to use unless you try to LTC this map and rush him; he'd get doubled with Bolting equipped, so he had Elfire instead.

That, or he's a really bad mage.

I'm sure you won't miss Wil if you ever stop using him, considering how inconsistent of a shot he is. He is a perfect example of why I don't really use archers in FE.

The Roger shall have words for you...

Oh no, I'm definitely not using Wil because he's good; I'm using him because he's NOT good! I was planning to have a Lowen-Rebecca-Wil support triangle, but Rebecca and Lowen died way before Wil could show up...

She had better not die is all I have to say. Glass and Helen deserve to have a happy life together. I really like the side stories, btw. Mark x Florina, Glass x Helen, etc. Nice additions to the main story.

Thanks! And you'll have to read on to find out...

Oh shoot, you read Lyn mode? I am so sorry...

----------

Great update. I'll be looking forward to the next one.

Awww, thanks!

On 5/20/2020 at 6:22 PM, This boi uses Nino said:
  Hide contents

Ah I was wondering about that, I really liked the daily updates but if you're busy, I get it man.

Yeh, soddy. And I'm not very good at using imgbox, so that doesn't help.

1200 screenshots? WHY!? Like I don't ned to see every frame of animation or attacking, that would probably cut it down to 100 or something, atleast that's how it was for me a long time ago but then again I didn't narrate about too many things.

I had about 4 resets on that chapter and I had to document them all.

YEEEEEAAAAAAA Me n' the boyz

Who should Eltosian be? Ooh...I've got a plan...

That's awesome, how would one go about searching someone though? No matter. I think @Saint Rubenio should tank your great grandpa because it's possible his grandparents are alive thanks to him. I know anti communism was a thing but how the hell did Franco win that war?

Why would he tank my great grandpa?

I actually don't know exactly HOW my avi found my great grandpa, but he did eventually.

Fool, I can possess whoever I want... hehehehe....

Or so you think...

Yay! Not gonna lie, Farina is cuter when you pay closer attention. Gosh why are the Pegasisters so damn cute?

No idea, but they really are.

Aww, having an abuelita is the best damn thing in the world, I have lived with mine for most of my life and she's perhaps the most important person to me.

Nice. Grandparents are great.

i KNOW right? (that made me laugh lol)

Nergal is best villain in ELIBE.

So big brain indeed but much cum inside is why. Florina make you coom and turning you into "big"brain.

She is pretty cute...

Oof that does suck, I know it weighs her down but it means more exp for her, I think you can leave her on the sea and have her chip them down slowly.

She had no problems, but doubling makes me so very happy!

hehehe hahahaha that was hilarious.

Thanks yous.

You're almost done... reading it? Anyways, it was that LP that made me fall in love with her, so god-damn precious! Also, I on;y did fan-fiction once in that LP at the end and now I cringe at it, please don't be harsh.

I believe I'm at Ch. 22 right now.

But Elyndis is a word.

What? Hmm... I didn't find anything, but I'll take your word for it.

Pun intended.

Fair enough.

Hahaha xddd, I think it's fine for you to not put every aspect of the story.

Oh, that's actually good to know; Imgur messes up the order of the images and imgbox is sloooooooooow, so cutting down the dialogue helps.

That's his transformation lol

Garon-Slime Garon.

Well, unless I accidentally kill Legault as he runs by, I get the guiding ring in chapter 20. So he WILL insta-promo once he can!

Excellent!

Phenomenal Florina, Fanastic Farina and Formidable Fiora!

Aww... that's cute.

RIP Lucius. He kept Raven alive.

hahahahAHAH!

A fellow connoisseur of Cool Cat Saves the Kids?

Damage too, d00d. I think his speed is already very good for his promo bonuses.

The second he promotes, I'm probably going to delegate him to pure staffbotting so I don't kill him before Pent arrives.

10 speed post promotion is... meh, I guess +1 con helps him with Steel Bows, he"ll double some things I guess.

10 speed might double more people...

My Hector had like 13 speed at level 20, which I think is slightly above average, this is ridiculous though!

MYRMECTOR!

These tiny writing segments are pretty cute. (I know that's Derrick btw)

Nonsense! That is Derricc!

HAhaha, oh FE7's AI is dumb.

And thank goodness.

AHAHhahaBHLEWiYDMA what the heck??

These animations look a lot better when they're not taken frame by frame.

Awesome.

If all of Eliwood's levels are like this from this point onwards, I will be quite happy.

Ahhhh I... I want to have such blessed units myself once... Aaaaah! AMAZING!

Florina and Fiora have been amaaaazzziiiing! Hopefully Farina keeps up the trend.

HAhahahaha

I am made u too

"That really smarts"? Sorry for Eliwood-ing here but that's weird

Bah...Shoulda stuck with "That really hurts!" My fates-tier writing is approaching Cool cat-tier.

Though what happened? Last update nothing like this happened. I wonder if Hector's team will find these guys.

If I do another fanfic with an LP, I really oughta make it simpler.

On 5/20/2020 at 11:13 PM, The Roger The Paladin said:

You can totally see I wrote that in the replies, and never went back and changed it.

Wut?

Darin's Icky Club Kathelet Subdivision.

The real question is: Is it icky because Darin's there or is it discussing Darin's ickiness?

I Wil admit that's one reason.

Wil you tell us why?

It takes a special kind of character to literally start a fictional war, resulting in a real war over whether they are or aren't in the wrong. When you can cause fights to break out in another plane of existence, you're doing something drastic.

She's certainly a special kind of character.

When you realize Merlinus was the one who actually named it. Because of the traps. The Dread Isle indeed.

Well, it is an apt name in every way.

I've seen SO many enemies (and Mangs) lose people to Devil effect, (Ross once was critted by an enemy who killed himself with the Devil effect) so I'd not use it in an ironman. Just wondering, what are its stats in FE11? 18 mt is pretty buff already.

Plot twist. Darin. Except Darin's the unwilling party this time.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

*laughs in unit deaths*

*Laughs in strength and defense*

Well in his favor, he is very polite. Knocking on doors, and giving people a warm smile and friendly "greetings" before ripping their heart from them. His home world literally was a den of serial killers and  corrupt police to a far higher degree than the Earth we know is, or even Judge Dredd's post-apocalyptic future world (see he's from an alternate Earth). His first kill was his father, a dentist who'd literally pick up hobos to torture and leave in ditches by the side of the road, who he reported to the police. Given he was appointed executioner, he sort of was warped. Also the Las Vegas on Dredd's world kind of was run by a cabal of dictators who made anyone unfortunate enough to come near the city and get captured go through life-threatening situations (gladiatorial matches and verified death-traps) while the populace bet on the outcomes. If they got lucky, they could win citizenship, but almost all of the time they died because the games were rigged against them. So essentially instead of betting on roulette wheels, this Las Vegas bet on people's lives. Then they screwed up by plucking Death out of the desert one day... but you can't kill what does not live. Death does have his one blind-spot. See, for a while, he was tenant to an elderly woman named Mrs. Gunderson, who is the picture of disability, both functionally blind and severely hard of hearing. She can't even walk unaided. For whatever reason, she became the first person Death judged as "innocent" in spite of her status as living. Hence he's not only unable to bring himself to harm her, but outright protective of her. So, you know... even for a deranged mass murder with the goal of wiping out life... he does have his nice side.
Edelgard?

Dat's a big rip.

Well, when you've read my above description of Las Vegas in Dredd's time... I can't say there was much wrong with nuking it. That city was outright-evil in that future.

Better than Araphen!

Spooky scary Raven anyone?

Raven is the spookiest thing since this:

Spoiler

Meanwhile, my Marth still doesn't know what a strength growth is.

*Laughs in stronk lord*

Pretty much a perfect level, given you don't really want him getting hit anyway.

Yep! Happy about that speed more than anything else!

Not that bad. I mean, he could have used speed. Again.. I tend not to worry about defensive stats on archers because I don't want them active on enemy phase.

Speed is all I really want for Wil...Although strength isn't a bad thing to have. And hey, maybe after ten more defense procs, he can tank a little!

He wasn't very bright. Maybe Kishuna was there to keep him from embarrassing himself by realizing he had the wrong tome.

That works too.

Why couldn't Leila have been playable?! Well, Legault's almost here. One more chapter before I can have a thief!

On 5/21/2020 at 12:13 AM, Saint Rubenio said:

I do suppose that explains how Roy became the most pathetic lord in all of Fire Emblem by a longshot.

Exactly! He can't even dance!

...Scratch that, you've robbed all that luck off of your Berwick Saga playthrough. Jesus, that is horrible...

Czene somehow managed to top that.

GYN3Gin.png

Take a wild guess what Czene did here. You have one guess. (When this first happened, he was at 8 hp and I was going for the cripple.)

That's right! She missed the 95, got hit and WAS FRICKIN' CRIPPLED!

Yes, but she has that generic anime waifu figure and attire, and I'm afraid I don't dig that all too much.

I thought Dice had the generic waifu attire.

Ahem.

This is too good. Even if I do have a different joke in mind for those guys.

Oh boy, can't wait to see that!

Grrrrrrr... wasn't too brilliant to avoid Dougy's lance, though...!

The FE6 trauma is triggered again.

No, I, uh... no. I'm afraid not.

Wrong answer.

Ah! Bad unit talk! Does someone want to see my Hicks video again? I can deliver!

Marisa>Joshua because of a very good reason I can't think of.

Also, that's one hell of a Fir. Reminds me of the time my friend played FE6 and got a blessed Noah of all things.

When I LP FE6, I'm planning to use Noah and Treck rather than Allance.

No, I'd rather you did not, thanks... We've seen enough of him.

It was a work of art. Just Sa(y)in. 

...No, that was too bad, even for me.

Ha! He just beat you at your game, Butterman!

Zicotry!

I forgive you, I had to bend over backwards to get the full ending in FE6. Just so I could give myself more chapters to suffer on.

Didn't you only dishonorably reset twice?

I didn't know the Dread Isle was secretly Sacae.

But I can't promote Marcus to king!

Until half the map becomes an anti-Canas zone.

Actually, it doesn't bother him THAT much. He can still bait out the knights.

Ah! It's worse Volcens! I won't stop saying that even though I've stated multiple times that I know nothing about Garon and thus I'm not qualified to critizice him!

I haven't played Fates either, I just know that Garon is bad.

Honestly though, why didn't he join here? Even if he left the party when the team left the Dread Isle, at least it would've been better than "worse Athos who is secretly the best character in the game."

Because FE7 isn't allowed to have good writing.

These are the words that you should be saying, yes.

Ignoring the fact that canonically he dies in a snowstorm.

It's my headcanon that he was thought dead, but he actually teleported to Canada to go skiing.

Eligood.

Eliadequate.

Oh no. Now I relate to the edgelord. How can you do this to me!?

Raven: Blossom of the battlefield.

I wasn't expecting to stumble upon this here of all places. But I'm glad I did.

DID YOU SEE THAT? THAT KID KICKED SAND IN COOL CAT'S FACE!

That movie's just a masterpiece, isn't it?

Yep. Everything about it...It's so bad it's good.

I'm glad for Hecotr. I see Hector learned from his example, too!

Hecotr best Lurd.

He wil be a good unit.

I wil not wilingly let him die.

Oh shit, he's in FE7. You better shoehorn him into the fanfic now.

You'll have to keep reading!

Also I like how you shamelessly stole that, but I suppose you did know that I read this so I would quickly jump on the opportunity to feed my ego by saying that I did this. The bottom-line is, I forgive you.

Actually it was because you said that I had to make Oswin Derrick.

Dude, just last update I didn't dare to try something where the chance of death was 0.2%. No, man. You do not dare. You don't ever dare. This is ironman. You can't dare. And of course you dared. You Darin man.

I dare to defy!

FE7 enemies! Their power is astounding!

Astoundingly annoying!

Valtonice.

Fioramazing.

I'm not entirely sure how this would work, unless the Black Fang archers are dumb and lowered their weapons also-- yes, it would definitely work. Not-General Lawrence is a genius.

QUESTIONN'T MY FANFIQUE

On 5/21/2020 at 6:13 AM, This boi uses Nino said:

It is, and it's so damn satisfying to see large pools of HP fall with one hit.

Yep. Crits especially.

I'll let Hello explain.

On 5/21/2020 at 6:46 AM, Hello72207 said:

angreee girl vs laid back dude with an actual backstory, which is better?

Angreeeeeeeeeee girl, obivously.

10/10 hakeng skeel.

Fite me.

I wouldn't taunt the rng gods.

They mock me in Berwick saga, I mock them in FE7.

Why an axereaver?

ATM less valuable than iron lances.

And more dangerous luna.

I suppose so. Helps for Ursula.

Bigbrain enemies!

Classic FE dodge: just barely shifting out of position to avoid a column of flame.

It works perfectly!

hOArDiNg iS A PitFaLl

If Mekkah read this, he'd have many heart attacks. I think I've fallen into nearly every pitfall.

Nah, mine is level 17 and is running around with 1 res and 3 defense.

Nailed it.

Risk his life? I think, at most, those thunder mages would barely do 1 damage to him.

I WILL NOT RISK HIM WHEN I CAN GET ANOTHER STAFFBOT SOON.

By golly, you've gone too far this time! I'm gonna have to sic Florina upon you!

I made it there, but Matthew had died two chapters before. That hurt.

Imagine not killing your thief in the first map.

Yeh.

Dang, this boi has the same speed as my promoted at level 20 eliwood, but mine has 20 strength.

Hmm...Not sure which I'd prefer.

Thanks for clarifyig for Nino.

Genesis I remembered the BS that it is in HHM, and mine cheesed, getting Lyn to 17, Hector to 20, and Eliwood to 20. I also trained Heath to level 18, because the amount of promoted units in this chapter gives ridiculous xp to units you want. In fact, on easier difficulties, I consider it a here, level up your units as much as you want.

Genesis is BS? I recall it being particularily easy. Oh dear...

Four fanged offence I got Linus, and killed Geitz (sorry Geese) Isadora perished because apparently she can only take one hit from the wyvern riders without dying.

Eyy, Linus's version! I might get it, but Eliwood and Lyn might not quite reach a high enough level.

Crazed beast I got Farina, my last hope for a flier, and thanks to selling that ocean seal for that tasty 25k gold I had the funds.

Nice! I hope to afford her without selling off Nino's promotion item.

On the Vaida chapter, Rebecca finally perished, a level 6 archer that had survived some of the more difficult chapters in the game, through sheer luck. Eliwood promoted.

Rebecca made it really far! Nice!

I got Jerme's version of the next chapter, which I had never seen before, because all of my guiding ring users were dead except Serra, and all my Hero crest users were dead except Raven, and Raven is whipping stuff while Serra isn't. 

Both versions are awful, but I prefer Jerme's.

And now Battle Before Dawn. Two resets, because Zephiel dies on turn 6 to the two fighters, the archer, and the mage, and I cannot do anything. I HATE this chapter on HHM.

Fixed it for you.

My current stars of the show are:

image.png.3c82cdd034ceeec139d0d9a8c65b5430.png

This monstrosity, who is a level 7 Wyvern Lord, doubles and kills everything, and has NINETEEN defense. Unkillable, undefeatable.

Please let him be that good for me... And glad to see he worked out for you!

image.png.543dd4e52a47419c761a4406f5049cd2.png

Raven the level 11 hero, who has the body ring if you can't tell, my screenshots are having difficulties, and who also doubles and kills everything in an edgy fashion.

Nice! He's scary as hecc.

image.png.f08e15c7f627c2a9ad8ce3099f8ad5c6.png

The scammer with good growths, who is going to be very helpful.

Those are some well-rounded stats!

Hah! My Oswin has more defense!

And also 6 less speed...

These guys are carrying me rn, and I actually got Harken out of curiosity, because I have never gotten him before because I play the chapter extremely fast and Karel almost always shows up, but Harken is really good and better then Karel actually.

Harken is almost always better than Raven for me; I usually wait until I can get Harken because I like to A-support him and Isadora.

On 5/21/2020 at 6:54 AM, This boi uses Nino said:

Ooooh.... I am a complete moron.

i know that I just thought he said level 20 god damn it

It's okay, I 4gyve yu.

On 5/21/2020 at 8:46 AM, The Roger The Paladin said:

I tried doing the hardest difficulty in FE12.

I couldn't make it past the third map.

On 5/21/2020 at 9:40 AM, The Roger The Paladin said:

Well apparently advertise what I'm doing elsewhere. Because otherwise I spoil it for every who is reading it... but isn't up to date.

I fully endorse my fellow member of the SCU!

The update:

Spoiler

8ciVBq1.pngaAQA1YQ.pngSGienCU.pngSgTvTIO.pngu11wicG.png

Oh noes!

RV1IV17.pngMvntr0q.pngMUN2pIi.png

Oh boy! I finally get to witness Nergal's backstory firsthand!

IU38iO5.png

8HmmASw.pngVokmHHc.png

Sepia flashback! Oh boy!

AsunEzo.pngRv13a5U.pngQ3LlqUL.pngVDACUrS.png

kP9il05.png

Why not just say, "I'm going to go save mommy?"

GkTObdA.pngk6iXwe2.pngd1OmrbL.png9hO7hD7.pngKKXCQGE.png

'll be home for Christmas?

qZdCC4d.pngT7OnWxI.pngWXt54zK.pngqQRWfOa.png3w9XfBQ.pngMO0VutW.pngToMtBhf.png

QDiua0Y.png

The flashback is over!

J11PqOe.pngO0VQaFr.pngOubSJxK.pngFrpHECm.pngWz5o8KL.pngd0mZmy0.pngQie7ykW.png6hmVMN2.png3CQQAR6.pngAmAn4IG.png

Because she was found drifting on a tiny raft from the island, Hector, so she'd obviously been on the island. That would be why.

xSb2uYz.png86HGlLV.png

9OPWKld.pngUdvcp2q.pngSYZNmqw.pngmG2f6fj.png

Hector's got a point.

MFP2b7l.pngzW4UxFc.png03eX0ZW.pngKcUSZ5h.png

So wait, how does this turn into a battle?

JKxxyWi.png

A druid? Do we get a prepromoted druid? Oh man, it was worth coming here! It is weird how he's red, though. He does seem pretty nice and probably could kill us all right now if he wanted to.

QjzV4qA.png82Y8RVi.pngq36yobX.pngYPCYdhV.pngIOjhfsP.pngu7nZeke.png9vYbQK9.png

hnvxPYL.png

Love?

SAbQ9XE.pngaNKJgwc.pngXIXZQo8.png4yN7ses.pngD7XwKKu.pngFqUz4U7.png

Dangit, Eliwood!

toH60mJ.pngrwLdUxr.pngwgVDFUM.pngQuSthuV.pngqh0CA6C.pngzaoIEIX.pngz8LkuxT.pngq2yNPzq.png9mPx56w.pngThKIxGD.png

So, wait, is this guy going to be Renault but Dark magic instead of light? Awesome! I didn't need to wait for Pent to get a staffbot!

ThKIxGD.png189YzpK.pngmlFrdf4.pngcM4hTvw.pngjL5b6uC.png

Foolish man, didn't know that he could just send a swordmaster with Durandal to beat them all.

sNzuv7X.pngIGSZqve.pngELp8fi3.pngNHOPZvr.pnge7p0Kno.png

Oh dang, this guy knows who we are!

Then again, Eliwood is wearing armor which is likely bearing the insignia of Pherae.

V5HfGAd.pngZb21hzo.pngB9AFXEe.png7QKNwGL.pngvqcYfJw.png8ghx0e8.png

What?

...What?

.........What?

I...Did I miss a line of dialogue? That jump in logic was huge! Even bigger than Erik revealing his plan to Eliwood!

"Brammimond sacrificed himself to get power"

"Power?"

"Haven't you ever wanted anything at all costs, Eliwood?"

"OMG IT WAS YOU!"

And also, not to mention the fact that if all he wants to do is study, he has no motive to fight us.

Well, I guess we're fighting now!

2Xz965I.png

DANGIT, FOG OF WAR AGAIN!

Ze3ESj1.pngRgSFY4D.png

Ink? Okay then. I do not thInk that this fog is Ink, but I could be wrong.

5JUGIEf.png3ZzzoDh.pngkCQsQrm.pngKhCOkH0.pngEYq7bj5.png

I've got a sInking feeling about this chapter.

The map:

KYW8raD.png

I have never done this before! If only I had a thief...

Anyhoo, we're supposed to sieze to complete. The fog means that I am at constant risk of losing somebody.

FA7HLnQ.png

Which means that I will not be bringing Fiora! Florina has the bulk to survive a few ballista bolts or a steel bow, but Fiora does not.

tAUwIzF.png

And I realized right there that I forgot to sell the secret book. Oh well, not a big problem. There's always next chapter.

CxyTc06.png

I finally can get rid of my twelve billion torches!

hD8STt2.pngiGrB9kX.png

A thief. Wonderful. I'm assuming that it's there just to get the chests. As a bonus, it can double Eliwood!

hku0VSu.png

Ballista time for Wil!

65vqkwB.png

Florina will stop this thief from looting these chests!

BcwEJVZ.png

...Someday.

I rescue chain Florina out of there because she'd be in the range of a ballista if I didn't. This ink is inkredibly annoying.

mwXrqLD.png7TCc7SK.png

I really do not like this thief.

aLxHBmf.png

Oh boy, the enemy has a ballista!

q0990S1.png

Raven is hyper-blessed! Thank you, St. Elimine!

OqnMLse.png

D'OH! Good thing I got Florina away from there.

JVCv2Di.png

OH MY GOD! Thank goodness I got Florina out of there. Sheesh...

4OgNdtd.png

What? Hey, I've only got a few of those left!

Y4cVeA4.png

Cease!

fucscxX.png

Oh gosh. I'm not TOO worried because nothing can actually damage Oswin, but this would slow me down a lot.

z21UW7E.png

Oswin doesn't need sleep! He has coffee!

JGXhWNy.png

Toasted!

cpVWjmQ.png

As annoying as the thief is, this mage can actually do damage.

2x4HeLk.png

There we go.

fdDhJEr.pngOdykIJh.png

That sleep staff troubadour scares me, so Hector will be making his way to defeat her.

aJmustM.png

Really, Eliwood?

That StInks

vLdEFTc.png

I wish I had hand axes.

WIQ9aZe.png

No ballista can harm Oswin!

5zkzrM5.png

That would have been nice on Raven.

YnBAMCZ.png

Stop that!

aDYqR0C.png

GYARGH! STOP THAT! MY VENDOR TRASH!

GaqT29U.png

AUGHREGHBDFMM

fIPymp1.png

At least Oswin's reliable.

UMgRohY.png

And this thief doesn't even have the decency to drop the book!

ZEwhHAS.png14MzoxW.png

You must be stopped.

RSIGgAO.png2qTFbMW.pngkvkfMAx.png

Another crit! Way to go, Florina!

4DiQuSs.png

Wow. I...You are beyond words amazing. She has an outside shot to cap strength! Or, she would, if it weren't for the fact that she's unlikely to get four levels in two maps since she's promoting the second we get an elysian whip.

D2iSdzl.png

Swordreaver! Nice to see a decent hitrate on this snake.

jOtKIxx.pnguVMCaqQ.png

Defense! Nice. 18 defense may hold up until he promotes...Or at the very least, he will be better than Roy.

Btw4piB.png

DAI!

fkcRhrd.png

And we have almost gotten rid of all of the thieves!

u8Srzm2.pngtmeZ09U.png

This sniper is perfect exp for Wil! I'm sad that they got rid of the ballistae animations, they were really cool.

qjIZUU9.pngF2Rpp9b.png

Enemies plInking their pathetic weapons on Hectoswin.

DsqrLFN.png

Golly! That is much more than a plInk!

DJ6Pl72.png

They stole our forum moderator! Nooo!

WiQJ3er.png

And for some reason the hitrate on Oswin is higher, for all the good it did that troubadour. Way to dodge, Oswin!

ayBUAGX.png

This mage may have an Inkling that he is in trouble.

TfMlfdZ.png

He's right!

1IWQCTo.png

That armor knight could do some damage to him. I'll pass.

IIEzhNw.pngNrSxoU5.png3cZ9oUo.png

Fool!

8ytxwMb.png

#Makearmorknightsgood

9l9BypX.png

I've had about enough of your ballista!

JWtMqYA.png

I am not fond of Fog of War.

Or ink.

JqOPcTK.png

Setting up the kill for Eliwood!

GZvCG7P.png

Good!

qQ2fSe8.png70QNtpT.png

Hector makes it safe for Eliwood to go in for the kill!

pt94rBq.pngRj9I6hu.png

Sorry, Mrs. Troubadour, but since you're Black fang, you'd have died anyways.

kZQN9yd.png

Pretty solid! Strength is good! He's still squishy as heck, but his HP's okay, and with some more levels like this or with speed, he may become budget Raven! And since he'll get a horse, that's not too bad.

lqcJiGw.pngOQQsl7n.png

SHAN'T

EcQNKqr.png6Ub5GVl.png

A horseslayer? Lul, imagine having cavalry deployed. Only Casuals use cavaliers.

trs5lyJ.png

Finally, Florina can move forwards!

By the way, we have not a single vulnerary on us. The thieves took all of them.

332Qjx6.png

Noooope!

9q22Kju.png

And I think this map is almost done!

bgq5OWV.png

Wil's actually doing substantial damage! The heck?

df82acC.pnggySE9Hl.png

I feel like I've seen that level before.

UaLVSUg.pnguhFrPhz.png

And we can now strut to the boss unchallenged!

q2bgy6z.pngJmhoHrY.png

If this is a bolting tome, I'm screwed. And what's a Shrike?

Awww...They're adorable little birds! So cute! And they're famous for killing things in brutal ways! They kill rodents by impaling them! How lovely.

And his battle palette may be my favorite druid battle palette. That is awesome.

dCpm6NU.png1rAH45z.png

Oh noes, an Eclipse tome. It weighs twelve tons or so, so I should be able to double him if I get to him before his tome breaks.

MYSqvx8.pngOgEXMiZ.pngSRJOFsR.png

GAH! WHERE THE HECK DID THIS BLOKE COME FROM?!

MYK36Zw.png

No!

C8gBIsA.png

NOOOOOOoo...

Oh...Thank heavens...I really hate fog of war...

J8MQNib.png

Ferpect.

2vPb45P.pngvR8NgV8.pngmH8Yfkd.pngroDA1fl.png

I really like fast Hector.

JXgmvvQ.pngjYjmDjD.png

Wil contributing! Imagine that!

L3L4HWO.pngW20ScYj.png

You poor, unfortunate soul.

And now Eliwood can run away.

cqcZInN.png

That's a decent hitrate on Wil...

nBDBxqY.pngWHzQFmN.png

And he's now in our-LEVEL 17 DRUID?! Hehehehe....Boss abuse time?

Never mind, he's got Nosferatu.

And also a translation inconsistency. But it's not important, so it doesn't bother me.

Uqfgc9e.png

Raven will not be benefitting from boss abuse.

F4T3etz.pngumK6IGj.pngYHkywOL.pngXdVqiCJ.png

And let's save the kill for Wil. I did the math, Wil can survive (barely) a hit from Nosferatu. And Florina has insane res, so she's fine too. And then, after that, I'll just bring in Oswin to finish him if Wil does get hit.

rjfv04e.png

Lucky dodge, Wil!

uVcaafs.png

Got 'em!

Ob9tVfD.pngDWAPsXa.png

Za1uRIg.png

Dangit, Wil! By my (likely faulty) math, he should have eleven speed right now! He's procced speed thrice in fifteen levels!

YWfED3G.png

Let's just sieze.

RMSuD6P.png

Peace out!

a1Iid0y.pngYQRNWLw.pngExvQMAE.pngqgss7KY.pngL3CWfyD.pngQBkD1Hi.pngTj8zTC4.pngGN3SHcY.png

"I can't get h?" Ooh...She's looking at picture books from a genre that starts with H and won't stop... I see where this is going...

dHD9Vem.pngJZFPpnn.png

OH MY GOD NINIAN YOU SHOULD NOT BE READING SUCH THINGS ABORT ABORT WATCH THE TELETUBBIES INSTEAD!

jYDAlRx.pngQlxWBhL.pngmToXCn9.png

2mV2ICy.pngthuySs6.pngCbcQfeT.png7VcRWxg.png

Someone who likes picture books that are from a genre that starts with H, obviously.

8e9xZA9.pngimage.png.ecbee62a4d545ee002d11124531e43d6.png2K0sq2c.pngZ03bbUM.pngW4anc1r.pngpP2yo41.png0XshdsP.pngYOP6h20.png

4v8fWb0.pngCvt70ws.png9zo1JR9.pngRLYqaSW.pngpD3XAzk.png

Soon, we will finally be able to buy some weapons!

tQ5OGAc.png4V8zhAI.pngEzIXsRy.pngmzzynB7.pngAQMJxK0.png5uStRaR.png4n28xeu.png

9vdrwPK.png

Ah, that brings this meme to mind...

rQPLRT2.jpg

31DkJEs.pngqiVZdw9.pngqZpuIr9.pngnIBDPFg.png

Well, that's it for today's chapter! Next time, we try to take down Darin once and for all with three vulnerary uses left and no staffbot until roughly turn eight! Have a great week and stay healthy!

Also, note: I will finish up my (very slow, apologies to Eltosian) write-up on the FE6 succession run before this one, so the next update will likely be rather slow.

5RPLYTm.pngHere's a sheltered spot! I think we've lost them, so we'll rest here! We're all present and accounted for, right?

zcN79QK.pngI...Think so?

ArEi4kA.pngAhh...Ohhh...My heart...I thought we would die...

Jsl3B8J.pngThank goodness for Lady Helen...I was hit in the arm and wouldn't have made it out if it weren't for her.

ArEi4kA.pngYes, lady Helen really is great. (She's even willing to help someone like me...)

zcN79QK.pngI can third that statement!

eukFoX3.pngI agree too...But...Where is Helen?

LZZ9C4m.pngShe's...Oh my god! Helen! We left her behind! No! No! I can't let this happen! Helen! I'm going to find her!

zcN79QK.pngSir Glass! W-wait up!

5RPLYTm.pngNo, don't! He'll have a better chance sneaking to Helen alone.

zcN79QK.pngBut what if he needs help and gets caught?

5RPLYTm.pngGlass is a strong man and shouldn't have an issue carrying her...We can only hope that he finds her in time.

DEATH COUNT: Matthew

Rebecca*

Lowen

Guy

Serra

Bartre

Dorcas

Marcus

Erk

Priscilla~

Wil

Lucius

Defeated as enemy

*Retreated

~Captured

???

Discharged/killed pre-reset.

Dishonorably spared

RESET COUNT: Hector x 2

Lyn x 4

Bandit x 2

Eliwood x 5

Merlinus x6

MERLINUS DEATHS AS A MERCHANT: 7

42 minutes ago, Benice said:

hOArDiNg iS A PitFaLl

If Mekkah read this, he'd have many heart attacks. I think I've fallen into nearly every pitfall.

OH MEEEEKKKKKKAAhHHH

44 minutes ago, Benice said:

By golly, you've gone too far this time! I'm gonna have to sic Florina upon you!

Laughs in FE8 troll short bow.

44 minutes ago, Benice said:

Genesis is BS? I recall it being particularily easy. Oh dear...

All the enemies have long-range staves and spells, and Kishuna warps out about 5 turns in. Normal mode is basically as easy as you can get, but HHM makes bearable maps complete and utter BS sometimes.

46 minutes ago, Benice said:

Both versions are awful, but I prefer Jerme's.

Nah dude, Kenneth's you don't actually have to deal with the snow because almost everything is inside. Jerme's you slug through the snow, opening doors and hoping to not die, waiting for the few turns you can actually move.

47 minutes ago, Benice said:

Fixed it for you.

I don't know what you are talking about, on normal mode this chapter is EASY. On hard mode, BS. When you do it, have caution going to the right. There is a high level hero in the immediate corridor waiting to slay your units with his silver sword.

49 minutes ago, Benice said:

And also 6 less speed...

I got to promote on like 17x, you haven't gotten to promote yet.

50 minutes ago, Benice said:

2Xz965I.png

DANGIT, FOG OF WAR AGAIN!

Least its not Thracia fog... URG.

51 minutes ago, Benice said:

Ze3ESj1.pngRgSFY4D.png

INK OF WAR, Benice, this is why the pen is mightier then the sword.

54 minutes ago, Benice said:

q0990S1.png

Raven is hyper-blessed! Thank you, St. Elimine!

I guess raven is summoning a Raven with the shape that sword is making. Maybe he can be a flier for you?

56 minutes ago, Benice said:

4DiQuSs.png

Wow. I...You are beyond words amazing. She has an outside shot to cap strength! Or, she would, if it weren't for the fact that she's unlikely to get four levels in two maps since she's promoting the second we get an elysian whip.

she does have a 40% growth in it, more then Fiora but less then Farina.

57 minutes ago, Benice said:

jOtKIxx.pnguVMCaqQ.png

Defense! Nice. 18 defense may hold up until he promotes...Or at the very least, he will be better than Roy.

18 defense will hold him until the end of the game, even.

58 minutes ago, Benice said:

u8Srzm2.pngtmeZ09U.png

This sniper is perfect exp for Wil! I'm sad that they got rid of the ballistae animations, they were really cool.

They would have had to change them because ballistas can move in this game, so they would have to change the sprite, the data the sprite is attached to (because in FE6, ballistae were tiles but in FE7&8, they can move).

1 hour ago, Benice said:

kZQN9yd.png

Pretty solid! Strength is good! He's still squishy as heck, but his HP's okay, and with some more levels like this or with speed, he may become budget Raven! And since he'll get a horse, that's not too bad.

Horse+1-2 range=perfect in Mekkah's book.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

q2bgy6z.pngJmhoHrY.png

Awww...They're adorable little birds! So cute! And they're famous for killing things in brutal ways! They kill rodents by impaling them! How lovely.

And his battle palette may be my favorite druid battle palette. That is awesome

And shaking them incredibly quickly.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

WiQJ3er.png

And for some reason the hitrate on Oswin is higher, for all the good it did that troubadour. Way to dodge, Oswin!

The closer the target is to a staffuser, the higher the hitrate. For status staves, at least.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

tQ5OGAc.png4V8zhAI.pngEzIXsRy.pngmzzynB7.pngAQMJxK0.png5uStRaR.png4n28xeu.png

9vdrwPK.png

No mention of the fact that HE'S A GREEN UNIT.

3 hours ago, Benice said:

That's right! She missed the 95, got hit and WAS FRICKIN' CRIPPLED!

...Jeez... nothing more to say. Just... jeez...

And I will fully support you. I love those two.

Didn't you only dishonorably reset twice?

Actually, I didn't count the Zeiss reset as dishonorable, because otherwise I wouldn't have gotten the gaiden. I still don't understand why Miledy and Zeiss are required to survive for that one. They don't even show up in it!

Yep. Everything about it...It's so bad it's good.

I think my favorite part was the one take where you can see a man leaving his house, catching sight of a guy in a cat suit yelling at children, and immediately backpedalling back into his home. Glorious.

Actually it was because you said that I had to make Oswin Derrick.

Yeah, I know, I wasn't seriously accussing you of plagiarism or anything.

I tried doing the hardest difficulty in FE12.

I couldn't make it past the third map.

Can't blame ya. That game is tough as nails on the hardest difficulties. One of these days I gotta try it myself.

I love how this is a thing.

And also 6 less speed...

Keep in mind he'll gain 3 from promotion. So he's not that far behind, really.

What?

...What?

.........What?

I...Did I miss a line of dialogue? That jump in logic was huge! Even bigger than Erik revealing his plan to Eliwood!

"Power?"

"OMG IT WAS YOU!"

And also, not to mention the fact that if all he wants to do is study, he has no motive to fight us.

I'm not even sure what Hector was accussing him of. Doesn't matter, anyway. Teodor is really weird. He seems like he doesn't have a reason to fight beyond "ha ha I am insane evil." He could've been a fun playable, too...

2x4HeLk.png

There we go.

Why the silver lance waste, though?

aJmustM.png

Really, Eliwood?

That StInks

Lyn would've been even worse.

DJ6Pl72.png

Now we can break the rules at our leisure! The possibilities are endless!

...ahhh, I can't be bothered.

kZQN9yd.png

Eligood! Eligreat! Eliawesome!

q2bgy6z.pngJmhoHrY.png

And his battle palette may be my favorite druid battle palette. That is awesome.

Shrike is also Kenneth's nickname. Whoops. Proofreading? What is that?

And yeah, I agree with you, Teodor's palette is awesome. A shame he's... well, a throwaway in a chapter that's almost impossible to get. I do like Raigh's unpromoted shaman palette better, though. It even looks awesome if you assign it to his promoted self.

N95is4Z.png5SKLiDi.png

Doesn't glitch out or anything, as you can see.

Oh...Thank heavens...I really hate fog of war

You're so lucky.

9vdrwPK.png

Which makes me wonder exactly why you showed up here, now of all times. I know the plot demanded it, but is there a reason beyond that?

LZZ9C4m.pngShe's...Oh my god! Helen! We left her behind! No! No! I can't let this happen! Helen! I'm going to find her!

Oh, dear... is this the epic Priscilla rescue arc?

By the way, where was Derrick? You told me to "keep reading", but I didn't see him anywhere! He better be the one to rescue Priscilla, y'hear?

Spoiler
10 hours ago, Benice said:

Why would he tank my great grandpa?

Because he ate too much Paella and attacks bounce of off him? ( :P) The insinuation is that Ruben's parents wouldn't exist if that building were the execution list was wasn't destroyed. Thought it's a 50/50 chance depending on which side of the war they were in. Also because Ruben is a spaniard.
A dumb joke, that's it.

Or so you think...

Pah, Naga be cursed... I can do what I want...

What? Hmm... I didn't find anything, but I'll take your word for it.

Pun intended.

I meant because you said Elyndis was the ship and I was like, no, "Elyndis" can't be a ship because it's a word. It's like the "Wrong, age is a word" meme thing.

A fellow connoisseur of Cool Cat Saves the Kids?

I know about from "I Hate Everything", I used to watch that channel a bunch but now that I found other types of humour I stopped watching it, the stuff just isn't for me anymore.

Bah...Shoulda stuck with "That really hurts!" My fates-tier writing is approaching Cool cat-tier.

Ah so I didn't get the joke... Hector can't be hurt but he can be outsmarted. So something can "smart" him.

AmAn4IG.png

Because she was found drifting on a tiny raft from the island, Hector, so she'd obviously been on the island. That would be why.

Hector's antibrain really does wonders huh? hahahaha

11 hours ago, Benice said:

What?

...What?

.........What?

"Power?"

"OMG IT WAS YOU!"

I don't know man, FE7 has a pretty retarded story anyways. I mean millions of people probably know Eliwood is from Pherae, and also Pherae's insignia. Then again, since Eliwood's team don't know who Nergal is yet, they could've thought that was him.

aJmustM.png

Really, Eliwood?

I mean the thief has 20 speed, doesn't he double Florina with any speed decrease, Hector, Wil, Lyn, Oswin and Canas too? Perhaps even Raven...

4DiQuSs.png

Dude what the actual hell? Ok I know she has an energy ring and an angelic robe, but let me check her average stats.
For a level 14 Florina (I'm assuming she didn't get the angelic robe and energy ring for these averages) she has:
+2 HP, +4 STR(!), +2 SPD, +1 Luck, +2 Res. Turns out though, that her stats are still really good even without the statbooster... seems I've really been underselling Florina all this time.

I'm sad that they got rid of the ballistae animations, they were really cool.

It makes no sense, why remove something you worked on? Are they even present in the game's files or where they just removed?

DJ6Pl72.png

But it's just AN Eclipse, we have more of them right? In fact my theory is Eclipse reproduces asexually and that explains how she can be so active all the time 😛

q2bgy6z.pngJmhoHrY.png

Nature is beautiful but it's also absolutely terrifying, I like his palette but nothing beats Raigh's in my opinion.

Za1uRIg.png

Dangit, Wil! By my (likely faulty) math, he should have eleven speed right now! He's procced speed thrice in fifteen levels!

On average Wil at level 17 should have:
-3 Str, +3 Spd, +2 Luck, -1 Def and +2 Res.
Yours traded speed for a bunch of strength. Also you can easily check averages on here: http://fea.fewiki.net/
And if you can't find them there then they are over here: https://serenesforest.net/blazing-sword/characters/average-stats/

I prefer this explanation. Because much funnier.

Nonsense! That is Derricc!

"Derrick has a brother. What shall I call him? I know... Derricc" (See if anyone gets that reference because I couldn't find it on youtube and probably got it wrong to boot).

Wut?

About Lucius being an option. Seeing as I wrote that the update he died.

The real question is: Is it icky because Darin's there or is it discussing Darin's ickiness?

Or worse... emulating it.

Wil you tell us why?

No.

I've seen SO many enemies (and Mangs) lose people to Devil effect, (Ross once was critted by an enemy who killed himself with the Devil effect) so I'd not use it in an ironman. Just wondering, what are its stats in FE11? 18 mt is pretty buff already.

It's only 17 mt instead of 18... but it's hitrate has jumped from 55% to 100%... making it not only equal to Parthia and a runner up to Aura, Mercurius, Gradivus and Hautclaere, but it's significantly more accurate than Hautclare to boot. Ironically, by the time the curse is less likely to strike and you've got more luck... you have safer options like forged weapons. But in the early game, especially before forging's available... it can be the decider between life and death if you're up against a wall. Do I intend to use it? Quite honestly no. I think if I was going to need it, it would've been chapter 3. Though maybe in chapter 6.

12 hours ago, Benice said:

*Laughs in stronk lord*

It's even worse when you realize, with a 50% STRENGTH GROWTH Marth has refused to level it once. And Ruben thought that his Runan's refusal to get defense was bad.

I like how this is a thing now. 2020 is not the year we expected at all.

kP9il05.png

Why not just say, "I'm going to go save mommy?"

Because then they wouldn't know to ration the food.

Damn it Hector. Too busy playing Dirty Dan to pay attention to the plot.

toH60mJ.pngrwLdUxr.png

A Bram Stoker fan I see.

"OMG IT WAS YOU!"

I'm confused too. Unless Hector's mistook him for Kishuna or decided he's Nergal, which sounds like something Hector might do.

RgSFY4D.png

Fancy  metaphor. Very uncharacteristic of Hector... but he had to show he had something in his head after forgetting Ninian was on a raft drifting from the Dread Isle.

EYq7bj5.png

I've got a sInking feeling about this chapter.

Like Hector's going to kill your thief next chapter, and eventually Jaffar and Nino too because he's decided every one of them must die?

JWtMqYA.png

Or ink.

When you realize this whole chapter was a Splatoon advertisment... then the game got delayed.

bgq5OWV.png

With the fog of war, he's turned into a horror. Watch out, it's Silent Wil. And he Wil not suffer a heretic to live.

df82acC.pnggySE9Hl.png

I feel like I've seen that level before.

And you probably Wil again.

JmhoHrY.png

I was going to answer... but yeah. That's basically it. Funny enough Shrike was Kenneth's nickname, as was pointed out by a certain Saint. This guy was apparently supposed to be the "Shadow Hawk"... hence the ink.

L3L4HWO.pngW20ScYj.png

You poor, unfortunate soul.

Imagine being doubled by a knight. How would you even feel?

And also a translation inconsistency. But it's not important, so it doesn't bother me.

It does bother me. But... yeah. It's nice to see it brought up.

DWAPsXa.png

Za1uRIg.png

He needed more Wil Power.

"I can't get h?" Ooh...She's looking at picture books from a genre that starts with H and won't stop... I see where this is going...

dHD9Vem.pngJZFPpnn.png

OH MY GOD NINIAN YOU SHOULD NOT BE READING SUCH THINGS ABORT ABORT WATCH THE TELETUBBIES INSTEAD!

Now I get why she suddenly took to Eliwood.

jYDAlRx.pngQlxWBhL.pngmToXCn9.png

2mV2ICy.pngthuySs6.png

It's good to see Hector's so innocent minded. He legitimately thought it was a fight and not something else.

5uStRaR.png4n28xeu.png

9vdrwPK.png

Honestly one of those things that makes you feel sorry for Nergal. The poor bastard's a shell of his former self and doesn't even remember why he set down the path he did.

9 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I love how this is a thing.

I love how you beat me to this.

Shrike is also Kenneth's nickname. Whoops. Proofreading? What is that?

I don't know. My dog does it for me so I keep calling Jagen Marcus. But my dog can't talk, so he can't correct me, and he can't type so he can't correct it. Then I look like there was no proof-reading done.

Which makes me wonder exactly why you showed up here, now of all times. I know the plot demanded it, but is there a reason beyond that?

Besides mental instability meaning he probably does this every day like a man with dementia repeating things constantly without the realization he's done it before? No.
But my thought on this is, he's totally done this every day since he got back to the dread isle, and has no idea why, or that he's doing it.

On 5/23/2020 at 2:39 PM, Benice said:

MUN2pIi.png

Hector “quicky” gives chase. Teehee.

I finally can get rid of my twelve billion torches!

Only you can prevent forest fires...by unloading all of your lit torches into a tent made of highly flammable fabric.

This ink is inkredibly annoying.

Such an inkredibly punny guy.

Oswin doesn't need sleep! He has coffee!

My Oswin Os-lost to some rabid mages in Ch. 25 and is currently sipping tea and snacking on toast in his tent back at camp.

Really, Eliwood?

Eliwood is Eli-weak! He snaps like a twig. He shreds like a leaf! Okay enough with the tree jokes.

Another crit! Way to go, Florina!

There’s a lot of things I love about FE7 (to the extent of it actually beating out Awakening as my favorite FE), but the combat animations (especially the Peg. Knights, Paladins, and Myrmidons) have such charm and style that they stand out from the combat animations of other entries in the series in my mind.

With her stats and personality, what else could a guy ask for in a woman? Although I’m more of a Fiora guy myself. And it’s totally not because Florina somehow disappeared from my file and I don’t remember her ever dying but whatever. EDIT: Apparently, after beating the game, I found out that Florina died at Dragon’s Gate. I don’t actually remember that, but that’s what happened.

#Makearmorknightsgood

Armor knights are actually pretty great in FE12.

One of my biggest gripes with FE7 is how often Fog of War is used. Relative to the amount of chapters it’s not a whole lot, but still too often in my opinion.

Wil promised Rebecca that he Wil make a greater effort to be a better unit. He definitely Wil not be failing you in the future.

And now Eliwood can run away.

That’s pretty much how he was in my entire FE7 playthrough. Eliwood was the weakest lord, with Lyn being second (Blade Lord promo made her significantly better but still not spectacular), and Hector was the best because of his excellent growths and base stats.

————

I’ll be waiting to see if Glass and Helen get their happily ever after. 

If either one of them dies, I will hire a virtual assassin to go and destroy your save file. Mwahahahaha!

Edited by twilitfalchion

He does have a bolting that he will not be able to use unless you try to LTC this map and rush him; he'd get doubled with Bolting equipped, so he had Elfire instead.

If you play too slowly, and Kishuna leaves he will start using that Bolting again.

4 hours ago, Benice said:

Allance overrated, the main advantage they have over Noreck is showing up a few chapters early.

BcwEJVZ.png

...Someday.

I rescue chain Florina out of there because she'd be in the range of a ballista if I didn't. This ink is inkredibly annoying.

It's been a while but, I kinda remember there being a longbow hiding in that blocked-off corridor down there, so she still might be in minuscule amounts of danger still.

4OgNdtd.png

What? Hey, I've only got a few of those left!

Y4cVeA4.png

Cease!

That is hilariously trolly.

UMgRohY.png

And this thief doesn't even have the decency to drop the book!

Lol why did you even bring that? I guess you forgot you can sell from the prep screen.

MYK36Zw.png

No!

C8gBIsA.png

NOOOOOOoo...

...Yikes, those are some close calls

JZFPpnn.png

Fun fact, if you make it to the end of the game, and complete the other two Kishuna chapters, they actually show that picture as the ending CG. Side note at one point I mistakenly believed you only got that image if you killed Kishuna in all three of his chapters, and did so on HHM on original hardware (so no savestate, rom modification, or RNG abuse really possible). That was a real pain to accomplish, and I did mine glitch Genesis after killing Kishuna to make that less obnoxious.

9 hours ago, Benice said:

eukFoX3.pngI agree too...But...Where is Helen?

...Poor Helen; she thought you were going to protect her while she caught her breath Glass. Hopefully he isn't too late to fix his mistake.

Well, that's it for today's chapter! Next time, we try to take down Darin once and for all with three vulnerary uses left and no staffbot until roughly turn eight! Have a great week and stay healthy!

...oof that is still some dire straights you are stuck in. Good luck, if you can get Legault and the guiding ring you will be back to a comfortable position, but getting there will be a feat.

Also, note: I will finish up my (very slow, apologies to Eltosian) write-up on the FE6 succession run before this one, so the next update will likely be rather slow.

No worries, I did my section of the gameplay about a week early (based on the current schedule) anyway, and if you need more time that is fine, I just appreciate it when you have some idea of how much extra time you need.

On 5/24/2020 at 10:06 AM, Eltosian Kadath said:

Allance overrated, the main advantage they have over Noreck is showing up a few chapters early.

Umm what? They have a few more advantages. Showing up a few chapters early is an extremely huge advantage, and easily lets Lance and Allen out-level Noreck.

Even if they were at the same level as Noah, Treck is still underleveled this far in the game, struggling to avoid being doubled by some enemies and hit those enemies even with a sword, while Noah is slightly better off, and I will admit can compete with some units and having some utility.

Let us look at how a level 7 Lance and Allen face off against Treck and Noah.

Noah has these stats:

Level HP S/M Skl Spd Lck Def Res
7 27 8 7 9 6 7 1

Not even gonna bother showing Treck's stats.

Allen has these at level 7:

7 26.1 9.7 6.4 8.7 5.4 7.5 0.6

And Lance has these:

7 24.8 7.4 8.7 11 4.1 7.2 0.9

Noah has a slight hp lead on both, but Allen has 2 strength on him and Lance about ties. Allen about ties Noah on skill, and Lance has a 2 point lead. Lance also has a 2 point lead in speed, while Allen has the same speed and luck as Noah and slightly higher defense, maybe.

This is assuming Lance and Allen are only at level 7, when by this point in the game they will most likely be level 11-12, lets assume 11.

Lance has:

11 28 9 10.5 13 5.5 8 1.5

and Allen has:

11 29.5 11.5 8 10.5 7 8.5 1

All similarities are almost completely gone now. Both Lance and Allen beat Noah in hp, strength, speed, skill, and defense. They still about tie on resistance but that really does not matter. Lance and Allen also get 7 additional chapters to work on weapon levels, supports, and to get statboosters.

In terms of growths, here they are:

Name Hp Strength Skill Speed Luck Defense Resistance
Allen 85 45 40 45 40 25 10
Lance 80 40 45 50 35 20 15

Treck 85 40 30 35 50 30 5
Noah 75 30 45 30 40 30 10

Treck barely competes on hp and strength, while winning in luck and defense. His resistance is almost Barth-level, and has a terrible skill growth.

Noah is beaten in hp, strength, speed, which are pretty much the best stats to have. He competes in skill and luck, and wins in just one catergory: defense. By 5% on Allen and 10% on Lance.

I wouldn't say Allance is overrated, I'd say they are rated above Noreck for a reason. Allance can double and kill more, hit more attacks, and have a longer time to contribute and train weapon levels, which are very slow in this game.

All of them are fairly solid units by Binding Blade standards, (with the possible exception of Treck), and all are usable. But Allance perform better.

Also guys I may have soft-locked myself on Battle Before Dawn.

I was mostly memeing, as availability is one of the best advantages a unit can have, but

Treck is still underleveled this far in the game,

Treck's bases are high for his level, with stats more inline with a level 5 or 6 Allance (depending on rounding), so he isn't as bad off as his level makes him look, and the lower level nets him more xp for the same contribution.

Noah has a slight hp lead on both, but Allen has 2 strength on him and Lance about ties. Allen about ties Noah on skill, and Lance has a 2 point lead. Lance also has a 2 point lead in speed, while Allen has the same speed and luck as Noah and slightly higher defense, maybe.

When you round up all the partial averages they look a lot better than they are. Shift that over to round down, or even standard rounding and Noah is trading a lot more 1 for 1 stats bonuses. Having to overinflate Allance's averages to get good comparisons to Noah's bases, which are certain instead of probabilistic, doesn't paint the best picture for them.

This is assuming Lance and Allen are only at level 7, when by this point in the game they will most likely be level 11-12, lets assume 11.

Where are you getting these level estimates from? Them having a level lead isn't unheard of, as they are popular units to show favoritism, but that looks like a lot of xp investment for chapter 7. Unless you are heavily lowmanning chapter 7 Noahs level is about in line with average level (looking at the average levels for deployed units of 5 ironmans of chapter 7 it was consistently between 6&7 (assuming Marcus is level 10 promoted for determining average level) ), and if we look at what level Allance's averages compare toTreck's bases, even he isn't far behind that curve.

Another thing I will point out is the ability to show them the favoritism they need to get that kinda level lead is the result of the one advantage I stated before, showing up a few chapters early.

How? The images of your units look capable enough to deal with that chapter (you even have mounted units alive so you can keep a good pace), assuming the NPCs don't act like idiots. Just ignore the left side, focus all of your units on the right, kill Ursula as soon as you can to stop reinforcements, while sending some of your fastest forces to hold Zephiel's door. You might loss some nice stuff, but your units don't look bad enough for that to be a softlock on a soft ironman.

2 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Where are you getting these level estimates from? Them having a level lead isn't unheard of, as they are popular units to show favoritism, but that looks like a lot of xp investment for chapter 7

I suppose he took those estimates from most players that know what they are doing. Giving kills to Bors or Wolt is dumb, and to Lot or Wade is a high risk, average reward that many people would rather not go through.

Generally I have Shanna, Allen and Lance around level 9-12 because many chapters before chapter 7 have a large composition of soldiers, or other classes that high mov units are good against like archers, since they out-range them, or fragile mages that they also outrange, ripe for a chip and a kill to the other cav bro, with Shanna if need be.

Not only that, but you have much more time to develop a support between these two, and I got Allan and Lance a C support by chapter 2, just by taking advantage of putting them together almost every turn, and my turn count was 10 for both chapters. If I had been faster I would still have gotten that support by Chapter 3 and then it's possible that with even more Elmer's glue you can get them to B support if you really manage well their movement and everything. This effectively results into 2 more damage and 10 more hit between the 2 plus 1 more defense.

Quite simply, they aren't usually given a lot of experience because they are fun, but because it's a medium risk high reward investment. Treck can't even compare and Noah has that Sword rank going for him, which is definitely helpful on the western isles so use him if you wish, I usually don't but it's a good idea.

20 minutes ago, This boi uses Nino said:

I suppose he took those estimates from most players that know what they are doing. Giving kills to Bors or Wolt is dumb, and to Lot or Wade is a high risk, average reward that many people would rather not go through.

There are other good units you might want to get kills to by then, like Rutger, Lugh, Shanna, or Deke, and feeding a few kills to Roy to get him a little extra survivability before he becomes too much of a burden isn't the worst idea either, plus Marcus may pick up a few kills making the maps less tedious.

19 minutes ago, This boi uses Nino said:

Generally I have Shanna, Allen and Lance around level 9-12 because many chapters before chapter 7 have a large composition of soldiers, or other classes that high mov units are good against like archers, since they out-range them, or fragile mages that they also outrange, ripe for a chip and a kill to the other cav bro, with Shanna if need be.

I'd generally think the 7-11 range being about the right range, the claimed 11-12 consistently on both in the original post sounded a bit extreme for Allance, and was wondering if he had something to backup so high a claim up.

3 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:
18 hours ago, Hello72207 said:

Treck is still underleveled this far in the game,

Treck's bases are high for his level, with stats more inline with a level 5 or 6 Allance (depending on rounding), so he isn't as bad off as his level makes him look, and the lower level nets him more xp for the same contribution.

The problem is Treck is still way slower then either Lance or Allen, so his extra tankiness isn't as much because he gets doubled. His stats in skill and speed are below average, and using swords for the next couple chapters is harder because 7 and 8 have very few axeusers, meaning he has to use the much less accurate lances to avoid having the majority of enemies have weapon triangle on him, which would decrease even further any advantage he has in tankiness.

3 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:
19 hours ago, Hello72207 said:

Where are you getting these level estimates from? Them having a level lead isn't unheard of, as they are popular units to show favoritism, but that looks like a lot of xp investment for chapter 7. Unless you are heavily lowmanning chapter 7 Noahs level is about in line with average level (looking at the average levels for deployed units of 5 ironmans of chapter 7 it was consistently between 6&7 (assuming Marcus is level 10 promoted for determining average level) ), and if we look at what level Allance's averages compare toTreck's bases, even he isn't far behind that curve.

Another thing I will point out is the ability to show them the favoritism they need to get that kinda level lead is the result of the one advantage I stated before, showing up a few chapters early.

Getting to level 11 at that point in the game does not require that much favoritism, seeing as they would have to get about a level and a half each chapter, which is fairly reasonable if you are not LTC-ing. It's fairly easy without favoritism to get them that far, considering all things. Treck is close on the curve on hp and strength, but he is getting destroyed by Allance in speed and skill, which are two very important stats in Binding Blade. Skill for Treck is very difficult with his 30% growth, which is the same as BORS' who is known for being inaccurate. Treck can't be very useful with swords until chapter 9, so he is pretty much locked to lances and ~85 hit rate at a point when enemy avoid is in the 20's or 30's for mercs, meaning he has around 60% hit on them. Even then Treck has survivability problems from taking a hit, so if he wants to avoid that either you have to give him the very last hit, which is not guaranteed to hit, or use javelins, which are even more inaccurate, weigh him down even more, and reduce displayed hit to around 50%, meaning he will be forced to attack enemies with a coin flip whether or not he actually hits them, with poor damage. Treck does level fast, but exp gain will still slow for him at around 9 or 10 to a normal unit, and at that point he still only has around 65% hit on enemies with an iron lance, and a whopping 9 speed. with an iron lance he still gets doubled by enemy mercs, but he now does not have the risk of being doubled by enemy cavs. He can double most knights, which is a small accomplishment in binding blade, and double soldiers, but even in binding blade that is a very easy task. His 30% skill growth will hamper his accuracy throughout the entire game. He will most likely not even get the knight's crest in this chapter because of three other cavs that all want it just as much. so he can get the next knight's crest-from the end of chapter 15, seeing as almost nobody recruits Percival in chapter 13.

Let's take a look at what a Treck promoted at the start of chapter 16 and about level 6. Assuming he is promoted at level 20, here are his averages:

Let's assume that this is at chapter 20.

45.85 18.4 14.3 16.35 15.5 16.3 4.05

With 14 skill and 15 luck, he finally breaks 100 with lances, and 16 defense makes him fairly tanky. Treck with a lance has:

25 attack is a large amount of attack and is commendable

106 hit is enough to finally be able to hit mostly reliably, but he still will miss here and there, and he is no bosslayer

16 AS 16 attack speed is enough to double slower enemies and avoid being doubled by all unpromoted enemies. He is not doubling much, but he is avoiding being double by everything except enemy swordmasters and heroes.

Lance at 20/6 has:

16.6 18.8 22 10.4 12.8 6.6

He is beaten by treck in hp, luck, defense and strength, but he wins by a whopping 6 in speed, which 22 speed allows him to double all but the fastest enemies, and he has 4 more skill, meaning he gets more crits and hits more then Treck. 12-13 defense is still enough to take hits without being in danger, and slightly more resistance never hurts.

Allen at 20/6 has:

44.4 19.8 15.6 18.8 12.6 14 5.4

About 1 less hp, but 2 more strength, 2 more skill, 2-3 more speed, and 1 more resistance. Allen is hitting harder and more on enemies, and doubling enemies that Treck cannot. He is also comparable in terms of tankiness, but all three take a lot of damage from mages.

Allen and Lance are still more likely to be a higher level at this point in the game, because a seven chapter lead is something that never really goes away, so the differences between the two are even larger, seeing as one of them can use that early knight's crest, even if promoting at level 20. Promoting earlier at level 16 is more likely because of xp slowing, but that still is multiple maps that they are helpful for as a rescue-dropper, combat unit, and rusher.

4 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:
19 hours ago, Hello72207 said:

How? The images of your units look capable enough to deal with that chapter (you even have mounted units alive so you can keep a good pace), assuming the NPCs don't act like idiots. Just ignore the left side, focus all of your units on the right, kill Ursula as soon as you can to stop reinforcements, while sending some of your fastest forces to hold Zephiel's door. You might loss some nice stuff, but your units don't look bad enough for that to be a softlock on a soft ironman.

The strat I was using was not optimal. I changed it and successfully beat the chapter. Undeploying freaking Serra and using Louise instead also was helpful. I still had to rig a double miss from the merc that gets there on turn 7, which had a 5% chance of happening. The problem was that even with focusing all my units on the right means that I still have only two mounted units, which if I rushed, means that they still have to get through multiple enemies. Eventually what I did to get everything was give Heath the killer lance, have him bolt down the left as fast as his wyvern could fly, wound Maxime who then could get killed by Raven, Pent, and Louise. Harken went to the right with a swordreaver to deal with the high-level hero over there, Canas goes with him to heal, Farina to kill Maxime and stop reinforcements, and Hector to recruit Nino. Legault went to the left to steal a lockpick (I had none), and I actually got all the treasure and got Nino to talk to Jaffar.

1 hour ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

There are other good units you might want to get kills to by then, like Rutger, Lugh, Shanna, or Deke, and feeding a few kills to Roy to get him a little extra survivability before he becomes too much of a burden isn't the worst idea either, plus Marcus may pick up a few kills making the maps less tedious.

Even still, getting Lance and Allen an average of 1.5 levels per map is really easy. Rutger does not need to many kills, Deke is basically another Jagen that I normally use as such and other people do, and Shanna always gets kills because she is the best GBA flier. Roy always gets extra survivability because otherwise he is screwed, but still even at a normal xp distribution between these units, even if you plan on using deke long-term, they can still easily be level 10-12.