Eliwood and Hector's Less-than excellent adventure: Let's Ironman Hector Hard mode mostly blind! *Now completed, with a 6% survival rate!*

Benice

My dude saga, chapter 13: Oh, you've Legaultta be kidding me!

The replies:

Spoiler
On 5/23/2020 at 12:44 PM, Hello72207 said:

OH MEEEEKKKKKKAAhHHH

Laughs in FE8 troll short bow.

Devil Rapier is better.

All the enemies have long-range staves and spells, and Kishuna warps out about 5 turns in. Normal mode is basically as easy as you can get, but HHM makes bearable maps complete and utter BS sometimes.

WHAT?! YOU HAVE TO KILL KISHUNA IN FIVE TURNS TO GET THE GOOD ENDING?! Jeez...

Nah dude, Kenneth's you don't actually have to deal with the snow because almost everything is inside. Jerme's you slug through the snow, opening doors and hoping to not die, waiting for the few turns you can actually move.

Both maps are kinda suck.

I don't know what you are talking about, on normal mode this chapter is EASY. On hard mode, BS. When you do it, have caution going to the right. There is a high level hero in the immediate corridor waiting to slay your units with his silver sword.

I still don't like having to rely on luck to allow Jaffar to survive. In normal, he didn't crit once and broke his weapon on turn four.

And all of my units other than Canas and Fiora were horrendous; Kent, Sain, Lyn, Eliwood, Raven, Lucius, Erk...It was really hard to have two fighting units.

But, oy...I have no doubt that someone I like will die there.

I got to promote on like 17x, you haven't gotten to promote yet.

Late promotion does have SOME benefits!

Least its not Thracia fog... URG.

Why? What's that like?

INK OF WAR, Benice, this is why the pen is mightier then the sword.

I guess raven is summoning a Raven with the shape that sword is making. Maybe he can be a flier for you?

I already have Florina and Fiora, though!

she does have a 40% growth in it, more then Fiora but less then Farina.

BUFF FLORINA

18 defense will hold him until the end of the game, even.

Really? That's sad.

They would have had to change them because ballistas can move in this game, so they would have to change the sprite, the data the sprite is attached to (because in FE6, ballistae were tiles but in FE7&8, they can move).

Not knowing how much work it would take, I'd think that it would have been worth it.

Horse+1-2 range=perfect in Mekkah's book.

Well, that's really all you need.

And shaking them incredibly quickly.

And being a corrupt Elimine bishop.

The closer the target is to a staffuser, the higher the hitrate. For status staves, at least.

Didn't know that, actually!

No mention of the fact that HE'S A GREEN UNIT.

No...NOOOO!!! NOT A GREEN UNIT!

On 5/23/2020 at 3:22 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

...Jeez... nothing more to say. Just... jeez...

It's okay, I have Faye. She ORKO'd Riddle. I don't actually know how tough he is, (because of the obscurification skill) but seeing as a level 14 Faye got 100 exp from him, I'd guess that he's tough.

And I will fully support you. I love those two.

Actually, I really like all of the Ilian characters in FE6; they all are quite interesting and have good supports. Note their location on my FE6/Two people from FE7 tier list:

Spoiler

cz4MrLG.png

Actually, I didn't count the Zeiss reset as dishonorable, because otherwise I wouldn't have gotten the gaiden. I still don't understand why Miledy and Zeiss are required to survive for that one. They don't even show up in it!

Because it's actually Galle who shows them where it is and only Miledy and Zeiss can make him talk?

I think my favorite part was the one take where you can see a man leaving his house, catching sight of a guy in a cat suit yelling at children, and immediately backpedalling back into his home. Glorious.

I like the part where the actor almost forgot his lines, so he says "It looks like the mailman left one of Daddy Derek's...ENTERTAINMENT magazines!" and it sounds very promiscuous.

Yeah, I know, I wasn't seriously accussing you of plagiarism or anything.

Well too bad it's 2020 I can do what I want

Can't blame ya. That game is tough as nails on the hardest difficulties. One of these days I gotta try it myself.

But you can't use fighter Wrys in H5 or Lunatic! (Although, in my run, he's had four dry levels in five level ups...)

I love how this is a thing.

I get to steal other LPer's popularity! It's great!

Keep in mind he'll gain 3 from promotion. So he's not that far behind, really.

Three speed from promotion? Pretty good! Too bad Wil doesn't get that much speed...

I'm not even sure what Hector was accussing him of. Doesn't matter, anyway. Teodor is really weird. He seems like he doesn't have a reason to fight beyond "ha ha I am insane evil." He could've been a fun playable, too...

I should have spared him... And yes, he would have been a great playable. Just nerf his stats so he doesn't roflstomp, and there you go!

Why the silver lance waste, though?

Oswin's the only one who can use it, making it less valuable than iron lances right now; there's about 14 uses left over two iron lances.

Lyn would've been even worse.

Well, she wouldn't have been doubled...

Now we can break the rules at our leisure! The possibilities are endless!

AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!

...ahhh, I can't be bothered.

Me neither, actually.

Eligood! Eligreat! Eliawesome!

Elifavorable! Elisatisfying!

Shrike is also Kenneth's nickname. Whoops. Proofreading? What is that?

Maybe after Teodor dies, Kenneth inherits the nickname? Wait, no, Teodor's supposed to be the shadow hawk. Oh well, proofreading's not that easy.

And yeah, I agree with you, Teodor's palette is awesome. A shame he's... well, a throwaway in a chapter that's almost impossible to get. I do like Raigh's unpromoted shaman palette better, though. It even looks awesome if you assign it to his promoted self.

It's official, he survived, only nobody other than him knows.

N95is4Z.png5SKLiDi.png

Doesn't glitch out or anything, as you can see.

I may do that for my FE6 LP, then!

You're so lucky.

Well, a reset would have been favorable for me in that scenario because those filthy thieves wouldn't have stolen my vendor trash or vulneraries!

Which makes me wonder exactly why you showed up here, now of all times. I know the plot demanded it, but is there a reason beyond that?

He was coming to read the picturebooks of the genre that starts with H, obviously. And it's not horror.

Oh, dear... is this the epic Priscilla rescue arc?

You'll have to keep reeaaaadinng!

By the way, where was Derrick? You told me to "keep reading", but I didn't see him anywhere! He better be the one to rescue Priscilla, y'hear?

He'll be here very soon; either this update or the next one.

On 5/24/2020 at 12:53 AM, The Roger The Paladin said:

I prefer this explanation. Because much funnier.

And more logical, given that he's an FE throwaway.

"Derrick has a brother. What shall I call him? I know... Derricc" (See if anyone gets that reference because I couldn't find it on youtube and probably got it wrong to boot).
I got nothing, mate.

About Lucius being an option. Seeing as I wrote that the update he died.
Oh, that makes sense.

Or worse... emulating it.

THERE IS NO SAFE PLACE FOR PRISCILLA!! NOOOOOO! NINO! SAVE HER RIGHT NOW!

No.

Worth a shot.

It's only 17 mt instead of 18... but it's hitrate has jumped from 55% to 100%... making it not only equal to Parthia and a runner up to Aura, Mercurius, Gradivus and Hautclaere, but it's significantly more accurate than Hautclare to boot. Ironically, by the time the curse is less likely to strike and you've got more luck... you have safer options like forged weapons. But in the early game, especially before forging's available... it can be the decider between life and death if you're up against a wall. Do I intend to use it? Quite honestly no. I think if I was going to need it, it would've been chapter 3. Though maybe in chapter 6.

100 HIT?! Dang.

It's even worse when you realize, with a 50% STRENGTH GROWTH Marth has refused to level it once. And Ruben thought that his Runan's refusal to get defense was bad.

Feels bad.

I like how this is a thing now. 2020 is not the year we expected at all.

Well, I killed off most of my army, as expected. But that's about it.

Because then they wouldn't know to ration the food.

I mean...Okay...

Damn it Hector. Too busy playing Dirty Dan to pay attention to the plot.

He'd probably say weirder things if he did pay attention, though.

A Bram Stoker fan I see.

I'm not draculaughing.

I'm confused too. Unless Hector's mistook him for Kishuna or decided he's Nergal, which sounds like something Hector might do.

Yeah, I really don't understand.

Fancy  metaphor. Very uncharacteristic of Hector... but he had to show he had something in his head after forgetting Ninian was on a raft drifting from the Dread Isle.

He decided to Th ink for once.

Like Hector's going to kill your thief next chapter, and eventually Jaffar and Nino too because he's decided every one of them must die?

NOT THE THIEF! HE CAN KILL THE INNOCENT, PURE-HEARTED CHILD AND HER BOYFRIEND, BUT NOT THE THIEF!

When you realize this whole chapter was a Splatoon advertisment... then the game got delayed.

That would explain the music when Splatoon finally did release. They thought they could still only use GBA sound effects.

With the fog of war, he's turned into a horror. Watch out, it's Silent Wil. And he Wil not suffer a heretic to live.

He silences his foes without a second thought.

And you probably Wil again.

Well, strength and defense are good.

I was going to answer... but yeah. That's basically it. Funny enough Shrike was Kenneth's nickname, as was pointed out by a certain Saint. This guy was apparently supposed to be the "Shadow Hawk"... hence the ink.

Well, he was an informative one-off, even if he was very confused.

Imagine being doubled by a knight. How would you even feel?

Dead, if it was Oswin.

It does bother me. But... yeah. It's nice to see it brought up.

Oh well, it's not the problem I have with FE7.

He needed more Wil Power.

Rebecca needs to make him go faster!

Now I get why she suddenly took to Eliwood.

Spicy.

It's good to see Hector's so innocent minded. He legitimately thought it was a fight and not something else.

Good job, Hector!

Honestly one of those things that makes you feel sorry for Nergal. The poor bastard's a shell of his former self and doesn't even remember why he set down the path he did.

Yeah, he is a decent villain...If you fufill a whole bunch of obscure requirements.

I love how you beat me to this.

Lpers assemble!

I don't know. My dog does it for me so I keep calling Jagen Marcus. But my dog can't talk, so he can't correct me, and he can't type so he can't correct it. Then I look like there was no proof-reading done.

And my dog is the one who's actually playing this game! Yeah! That's why Marcus died in 13x...

Besides mental instability meaning he probably does this every day like a man with dementia repeating things constantly without the realization he's done it before? No.
But my thought on this is, he's totally done this every day since he got back to the dread isle, and has no idea why, or that he's doing it.

Or he's just there to look at the picture books of the genre beginning with H.

...Although that does bring new implications of the content of those picture books, since it would be Nergal himself participating...

On 5/24/2020 at 5:20 AM, twilitfalchion said:

Hector “quicky” gives chase. Teehee.

Teehee!

Only you can prevent forest fires...by unloading all of your lit torches into a tent made of highly flammable fabric.

It's okay, Merlinus is the only one in there.

Such an inkredibly punny guy.

I always make puns when I've had too much to dr ink. (Okay, not really, but I'm fresh out of ink puns.)

My Oswin Os-lost to some rabid mages in Ch. 25 and is currently sipping tea and snacking on toast in his tent back at camp.

Rip. You got some good mileage on him, though!

Eliwood is Eli-weak! He snaps like a twig. He shreds like a leaf! Okay enough with the tree jokes.

Oy vey...

There’s a lot of things I love about FE7 (to the point of it being tied with Awakening as my favorite FE), but the combat animations (especially the Peg. Knights, Paladins, and Myrmidons) have such charm and style that they stand out from the combat animations of other entries in the series in my mind.

Funnily enough, I actually don't, (didn't? I'm having some fun this time around) actually like FE7; I played FE8 first and I liked it much more, but the animations were excellent in both.

With her stats and personality, what else could a guy ask for in a woman? Although I’m more of a Fiora guy myself. And it’s totally not because Florina somehow disappeared from my file and I don’t remember her ever dying but whatever.

Perfect! If I forgive you for killing Florina in your run, we've married off all three of the pegasisters!

Armor knights are actually pretty great in FE12.

Especially Wrys.

One of my biggest gripes with FE7 is how often Fog of War is used. Relative to the amount of chapters it’s not a whole lot, but still too often in my opinion.

Aye. TBH I don't really like Fog of War in most circumstances, (other than Berwick saga because the enemies are blind too and it's hilarious to see enemy cavaliers charge in circles trying to find you.)

Wil promised Rebecca that he Wil make a greater effort to be a better unit. He definitely Wil not be failing you in the future.

He has the Wil to win!

That’s pretty much where my FE7 playthrough is right now. Eliwood is the weakest lord, with Lyn being second (she’s been promoted to blade lord with the heaven seal), and Hector is still the best, if a little low on res.

That's sorta how it works; Lyn is often worse than Eliwood in the short run, (Eliwood's late promotion does hurt him for his mode, which I assume you played) but Eliwood can get screwed very badly; Heck, in my first run, as a level 20 lord, he couldn't damage the armor knights in the durandal chapter.

————

I’ll be waiting to see if Glass and Helen get their happily ever after. 

Keep reeeaaaaaddiiiiiiiiinnnnngggngngbfb!one!1!!!!!11

If either one of them dies, I will hire a virtual assassin to go and destroy your save file. Mwahahahaha!

That would be merciful, though.

On 5/24/2020 at 7:06 AM, Eltosian Kadath said:

If you play too slowly, and Kishuna leaves he will start using that Bolting again.

I always got close enough that he wouldn't use his bolting, but half my army died anyways because the snipers ORKO everybody except for Hector.

Allance overrated, the main advantage they have over Noreck is showing up a few chapters early.

I actually agree; obviously, bases>growths, but they really do fall off, even in normal mode; I also really like units that are weird for their class; fast knights, weak fighters, tanky cavaliers...And Noah's supports are great.

It's been a while but, I kinda remember there being a longbow hiding in that blocked-off corridor down there, so she still might be in minuscule amounts of danger still.

Thank goodness there wasn't! She would have been fine regardless, (I think) but with my lack of healing options, she'd be out of commission for the rest of the chapter.

That is hilariously trolly.

I swear, this chapter existed solely to deplete the player of resources.

Lol why did you even bring that? I guess you forgot you can sell from the prep screen.

I remembered I can sell via prep, I just forgot to sell it; I kept it in case I needed it for Kishuna, but since that's done, I should've sold it...It's gonna be rough paying for Farina. I hope I get two hero crests, since Raven is the only one who can use it.

...Yikes, those are some close calls

I really don't like FoW.

Fun fact, if you make it to the end of the game, and complete the other two Kishuna chapters, they actually show that picture as the ending CG. Side note at one point I mistakenly believed you only got that image if you killed Kishuna in all three of his chapters, and did so on HHM on original hardware (so no savestate, rom modification, or RNG abuse really possible). That was a real pain to accomplish, and I did mine glitch Genesis after killing Kishuna to make that less obnoxious.

AAAH! BUT THIS IS A PG-13 THREAD!  (Yes, I know that Ninian was not looking at that stuff...)

...Poor Helen; she thought you were going to protect her while she caught her breath Glass. Hopefully he isn't too late to fix his mistake.

We shall see!

...oof that is still some dire straights you are stuck in. Good luck, if you can get Legault and the guiding ring you will be back to a comfortable position, but getting there will be a feat.

What do you mean "if?" He runs straight down the battlefield! As long as he doesn't suicide on Oswin, he'll be fine!

No worries, I did my section of the gameplay about a week early (based on the current schedule) anyway, and if you need more time that is fine, I just appreciate it when you have some idea of how much extra time you need.

Phew...I will get to work on my Ch. 21 update(s) after this.

On 5/26/2020 at 8:25 PM, Hello72207 said:

Umm what? They have a few more advantages. Showing up a few chapters early is an extremely huge advantage, and easily lets Lance and Allen out-level Noreck.

I never said they were GOOD. But they do actually have good supports unlike Allance.

Even if they were at the same level as Noah, Treck is still underleveled this far in the game, struggling to avoid being doubled by some enemies and hit those enemies even with a sword, while Noah is slightly better off, and I will admit can compete with some units and having some utility.

Let us look at how a level 7 Lance and Allen face off against Treck and Noah.

Noah has these stats:

Level HP S/M Skl Spd Lck Def Res
7 27 8 7 9 6 7 1

Not even gonna bother showing Treck's stats.

Allen has these at level 7:

7 26.1 9.7 6.4 8.7 5.4 7.5 0.6

And Lance has these:

7 24.8 7.4 8.7 11 4.1 7.2 0.9

Noah has a slight hp lead on both, but Allen has 2 strength on him and Lance about ties. Allen about ties Noah on skill, and Lance has a 2 point lead. Lance also has a 2 point lead in speed, while Allen has the same speed and luck as Noah and slightly higher defense, maybe.

This is assuming Lance and Allen are only at level 7, when by this point in the game they will most likely be level 11-12, lets assume 11.

Lance has:

11 28 9 10.5 13 5.5 8 1.5

and Allen has:

11 29.5 11.5 8 10.5 7 8.5 1

All similarities are almost completely gone now. Both Lance and Allen beat Noah in hp, strength, speed, skill, and defense. They still about tie on resistance but that really does not matter. Lance and Allen also get 7 additional chapters to work on weapon levels, supports, and to get statboosters.

In terms of growths, here they are:

Name Hp Strength Skill Speed Luck Defense Resistance
Allen 85 45 40 45 40 25 10
Lance 80 40 45 50 35 20 15

Treck 85 40 30 35 50 30 5
Noah 75 30 45 30 40 30 10

Treck barely competes on hp and strength, while winning in luck and defense. His resistance is almost Barth-level, and has a terrible skill growth.

Noah is beaten in hp, strength, speed, which are pretty much the best stats to have. He competes in skill and luck, and wins in just one catergory: defense. By 5% on Allen and 10% on Lance.

I wouldn't say Allance is overrated, I'd say they are rated above Noreck for a reason. Allance can double and kill more, hit more attacks, and have a longer time to contribute and train weapon levels, which are very slow in this game.

All of them are fairly solid units by Binding Blade standards, (with the possible exception of Treck), and all are usable. But Allance perform better.

The one edge they have is that Allance have to reach those stats; my level 9 Lance was waaaay worse than Treck. And I need Noah to get Fir, the only recruitable Myrmidon.  Rutger? That's a weird name to give to Deke's killing edge.

Also guys I may have soft-locked myself on Battle Before Dawn.

Oh boy! This bodes VERY well for me!

The update:

Spoiler

LZZ9C4m.pngHelen? Helen, where are you?

Iln3Sp3.pngSir...Glass...? You...Came back... I knew...you....wouldn't...leave me...

LZZ9C4m.pngHelen! Oh my-You're-you-you've...There's arrows in your back!

Iln3Sp3.pngY...Yes...I do believe...That some of the arrows... hit something...important...Aughh...

LZZ9C4m.pngThey all hit something important! They hit you!! H-hold on, Helen! I'll find someone who can heal you! HELP!

h99pFBl.pngHow strange...That bishop who lives on the dread isle was supposed to have healed Helen before Glass found her...What is Erk doing?!

syrblxs.png...It's boring here.

h99pFBl.pngEEEEERRRRKK! WHY HAVEN'T YOU PUT ON THE GARBAGE BAG YET?!

syrblxs.pngSerra?!

h99pFBl.pngYou will address me as Saint Elimine, peasant!

syrblxs.pngWhat are you doing here?

h99pFBl.pngPUT THE GARBAGE BAG ON!

syrblxs.pngBut it's not raining!

h99pFBl.pngDEW IT.

syrblxs.pngOy...Fine. AuGgGggGgGGGGgAK! Wh-what's happen-

h99pFBl.pngHee hee! Very good! It's working! His eyes are even glowing yellow! Perfect!

syrblxs.pngMy eyes are doing WHAT?! AoAoaoaoAOA-!!!

NLE0iiW.pngO sAiNT ELimIne, I iZ Ur lOyaL ZUrRvaNt...

h99pFBl.pngIt worked! He's turned into a perfect cultist! Go and do my bidding, my loyal servant. Find Renault and bring him to Helen.

6cV938c.pngWow...Look at the stars, My dude!

cGgsqSC.pngThey're so clear and beautiful from here... It's amazing how much of a difference it makes, being far away from the cities.

6cV938c.pngYeah...

cGgsqSC.pngIt's crazy how far we've made it. I thought that we'd not have an army and wouldn't make it...But here we are. We attack tomorrow. It's all so surreal... And after this, we can all go back to our normal lives. And finally...We can truly be together.

6cV938c.pngI can't wait until we can actually settle down together! We keep getting pushed apart, but I'm never letting you go again.

cGgsqSC.pngFlorina... Aah! Did you hear that?

6cV938c.pngI think so...Yes, I heard it again. It sounds like someone's shouting for help.

cGgsqSC.pngOh my! I think we should help them...

6cV938c.pngYes, we've gotta hurry!

hGcUMnj.pngAnd where do you two think you're going?

6cV938c.pngEek! (N-not him! He's so scary!)

cGgsqSC.pngThere's someone who needs help! We have to see what they need!

hGcUMnj.pngIt could be a trick...On this island, the Black Fang is everywhere.

6cV938c.pngW-w-we-we're willing to ac-ac-accept that ri-risk.

hGcUMnj.pngThe army can't afford to lose you, Florina. You can't go. I see no problem with you going, My dude. There's always Canas to replace you if something happens.

cGgsqSC.pngI'd have to do it on my own?

hGcUMnj.pngYep. Go ahead, I'm not stopping you.

cGgsqSC.pngI...I can't...I might get hurt... I don't wanna die...

hGcUMnj.pngHmmph. That's what I thought. Get your sleep, then! We need to be ready for tomorrow.

cGgsqSC.png...Whoever it is out there...I'm sorry...

lGcurA6.pngguaTFlh.pngJRoAnpE.png3W5yCNO.png2YXCkTY.png7FNtGz9.pngJhuSqtW.pngSOq3XNC.png

This is it, lads! We've finally made it to the final chapter of the first arc and our final chapter with no equipment!

JZn5w7i.pngscGyYzn.pngdDGFX90.pngJsyu7NR.pngeEDEb81.pngMaeVmYd.pngkykyAza.pngZeg9uqa.png

Why do you need to explain this to us again, game?

ZTHtfF2.pngrjf9ruc.pngqA4FJ1K.pngarMCe2Y.png

Why did everyone just leave Ninian?

kus6Obn.pnggCJOziE.pngJaiHHmN.png48o4u5y.pnghNScmOZ.png

OWO BLACK TEXT BOX

Yv1kNCI.png

Wait...She was floating mostly dead on a piece of driftwood on purpose?

9rpA0WP.pngGSHepGy.png0o47xr1.pngpfWdGou.pngQ5tWTQL.pnggQiPkXP.pngAiRDeIO.pngKYv0RMT.pngw8TaBmK.pngHkpcOVd.pngmNaxXWL.png

a3ERC2j.pngbss7XQi.png

No, don't do that! This guy is awful at his job! He managed to not kill TWO MARQUESSES! Two! He decides not to attack us himself! He makes our lives easier!

ii1JSrO.pngtYjrobC.pngKUPSuH4.png

rS4A2KU.pngw7vv81J.pnghKjMpLe.png4FfMdGm.pngoqUBCbY.pngLW8qSoA.png

NA2LR0T.png6Aw15yt.png

Xv9P6zY.png5DTVqlq.pngSJHDkwq.pngX9zaUl3.pngdgLxHFm.pngNpX5fnf.pngtK9CTDB.png

FOOD FOR A HAMMER!

sZEyzA6.png9G54q2g.pngiwKsVlL.png

Says you! You failed to use plot armor in the aftermath of this chapter!

h5qRy5g.pngYcDFxmH.pngdmRwfs7.png9bp8qf3.pngBczKGLy.png

No, no, no! Destiny's the theme of Awakening! The theme of this one is... Uh...Lyn's harem?

qHkaLa4.pngeoPvSBH.pngm533HzN.pngQOqaDu9.pngUW6EREs.pngzaY4XvC.pngAJ3TDV4.pngJmaZnSj.pngCcEOc8a.png

Because he totally couldn't have done it in the full year that he had Ninils?

nhdLk2Y.png

Oh hooray, a throwaway boss with no battle quote. Better than 20x in Sacae, at least.

IcU7mfq.png5NWh8H9.png7QrBhSZ.pngyrIxZMR.pngr74A5QQ.pngExZAx4a.pngIe9113t.png

And now we can finally start the chapter!

uiKzvlP.png

My tactics are as superb as ever.

The map:

wjLSf3b.png

There are two secret shops on this map, and there is a thief with a stealable member card; I know where one of the secret shops is, and it is in the farthest tile to the bottom right of the map. Got no clue where the other one is.

jkAWlEp.png3RPWeV7.png

Our two bosses: Cameron moves if you enter his range, (at least in Eliwood mode) but isn't particularly scary for my tougher units, such as Oswin and Hector. Darin is on the throne and will be really annoying to try to hit; however, Hector doubles him (I think) and has WTA with a hammer. So we'll see. And unless Canas gets the Luna tome and can still double, (Requiring a good level up or two and his promotion,) Canas won't be dishing out much damage.

4NUeGuG.png

Here's our group! Today we have, among a few other things:

• Three iron axe uses!
  • A full hand axe!
  • A nearly full Steel axe!
  • eleven or so uses of an iron lance, split between our pegasisters and Oswin!
  • A heavily damaged longsword!
  • The Mani Katti!
  • Three vulnerary uses!

Ahh, this'll be fun.

With deployment being as tight as it is throughout the run and with Sain being pretty bad, I'm keeping him on the bench. The knight's crest is going to Oswin, and while there are other candidates for the master seal, Kent may impress me! At the moment, we need

• Eventually four elysian whips, and although we'd normally get three, I missed one. Unless I get both master seals, one of the flyers won't promote.
  • A hero's crest. Not a problem
  • A guiding ring-Again, not a problem, since Legault essentially joins with one.
  • Two knight's crests-I haven't really put much time into Kent, though. Not a priority, but he's been pretty dang good given his level.
  • And last but not least, the Ocean Seal! I am afraid for this one, as Dart's been...Fine, I suppose, but I may need to sell it for Farina's recruitment. I really hope I get some funds soon.

B5o12Mc.png

Maybe Merlinus will survive this time.

OGF9gEz.pngrSkEWNG.pngdM3euLn.png1nFNqUC.pnguF8ZrHG.png

LET'S DO THIS! Our days of no thieves and unpromoted Canas are about to be over!

4WhZd4O.png

After even more text.

vWDiMjs.png1nm9Bit.pngDDLbBCB.pngQlddpXK.pngFM0SpUB.pngV4PHHg7.pngyOIlJFL.png

0MzaFVz.png

No, you've got the wrong guy. There's a few units on this map who are far scarier than Legault. But he's a thief! I don't care!

qR005b0.pngkxGsECo.pngNmFEVT5.pngbgGlTft.pngZa7nyZC.pngoG4pSTc.png

GpZMyrP.png

Dere he is! His stats are quite solid and he can promote whenever I get the item; not that it matters, since he's not THAT good and I'm not risking my thief. He's really easy to recruit; he bolts across the battlefield, opens up the door in front of Darin and charges down to our starting location. I cannot let him escape, but unless I really move slowly, he's not getting away.

SfsKZmQ.pngiF8VTyy.png

We start off on a good note by not missing! Dart's not going to be easy to train this chapter because he gets weighed down by everything we've got.

zyp72to.pngQtTkYWa.png

Since he's about to promote, best try to get a few more levels out of him.

aLZqyGo.png

A longbow user? Inconvenient.

nj4tK6G.pngETkdT07.png

THAT CRIT SCARES ME.

czDu05a.pngG86Weo3.png

These longbow users are annoying.

uBMGf43.png

O H  Y E S

cVgeTNX.pngfsqxlq9.pngHvgjybr.png

Wil finally did it! He finally ORKO'd something that's not a peg rider! That's my boy! I feel so proud...

6xK0w7f.png67CxMpu.png

Good!

POpVC1v.png

Maybe not.

NXiVClX.png

Florina doesn't get 2HKO'd by this archer!

0y8thUC.pngNteP8us.pngjOn4EiI.png

7HmaoUb.png

Ohohoho! Wil's gonna love this!

IgVlsq2.png

I checked, and Kent will survive being hit by both knights. Worst case, he misses and Fiora has to rescue him.

x1IvIfo.pngIWxR3A6.pngAQWyvKt.png

Kent hasn't fallen off that badly!

PsptEAq.png

AAHAHHAHAHAHAAA! Yes! YES! Bring that over to me, Legault!

K3tphuq.pngEVawUuh.pngIEmqrRc.png

Excellent! Your luck is horrendous, but it's not a very important stat.

VHNlbyq.pngz0Eph5C.png

Oy vey...

ZI53A7L.png

Oh gollly.... Don't crit, don't crit, don't crit...

aDV2Ue9.png

Thank you! Dart/Nino lives to see another day!

Ry81p0j.png

This looks like a great idea!

...NOT. But he DOES drop that killer bow...

Hmhmhmhmhm...HeehehehehhHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!! WIL! GET YOUR LONGBOW OVER HERE!

jDagV8Q.png

A very helpful staff that nobody will be able to use.

Dmgdybw.pngYH0atbm.pngFMWOnYW.png

The wall broke!

AmSQBfk.png9C5FEAO.png

YES! THE KILLER BOW SHALL BE MINE!

epuyNEM.pngk2hPcYK.pngO5xoiDv.png

BLAGH! CANAAAAS!

hH6yQfH.pnghSNRUVg.pngfmkJBoC.pngk1HiXp2.png

I'd better start moving just in case Legault takes a weird route.

o0Ah703.pngbmRTnJJ.pnghQ7CzBQ.png

AHHAHHAHAHAHA! WIL IS DANGEROUS! HA!

s5JVwn9.pngXTnvmdL.png

Ol9pOb8.png

Dart consumes one of the few vulneraries.

oF40ep8.pngw9ln3Dv.png9x7dXhm.png

Oswin doubles this guy. Wow.

Oh! He dropped that steel lance! Oh, thank heavens! We're okay! I can pass the iron lance to someone else who can use it well!

nfDinkb.pngQ7uFo65.pngXa3RcPD.png

The walls fall down, one after the other!

llYy5X7.png0Kd84dv.png

Free exp!

XHaG8LE.pngFv11YRf.png

We really need to clear out these guys. Legault will be here soon!

c2uSPqI.png

Random photo of Raven's stats. I don't know why this exists.

77M7OdW.pngHyJscUt.pngwW3DGwe.pnglif6i0c.png

I wish I had javelins. These nomads are quite bothersome!

DHO8i3N.pngYdQak8q.pngr4MEHIZ.png

These choke points really slow me down.

Wait...Didn't Legault open up the door in front of Darin in Eliwood mode? Oh well, I think he's just taking a weird route.

2wJCkvg.pngGoFyJji.png

RUDE!

Ro0wiRE.png

GBrP6Ey.pngaYrO4sf.pngHDyebxL.png

These mages are semithreatening. And pegasus riders spawned behind us! Fantastic.

Uhh...Wait. Where did Legault go?

He...Legault just left? He left?! With my guiding ring, hopes for a member card and getting any promotion items at all?

Ahhh...AHHH...STAY...CALM... DEEP....BREATHS..............AAAAAAAAAAARRRRGH!  RNIFUEFVJFSHBZCJKDBHCCKJZXVXBXVNZXBC ZXNBZXC MZBXC LEGAULT YOU BIOGAS! CARPET-SELLER! BASHI-BAZOUK!

AH! Ah...Okay...I'm fine...

But...My thief...

Well, in times of  great loss in an ironman, with all your hopes leaving at once, there is only one thing you can do! You don't give up! You keep moving!

And then you dishorably reset!

Wait...No matter how fast I go, I cannot possibly recruit Legault. To get him, I'd need a door key. Something I do not have. Even if Florina moved her maximum amount of movement every turn, I still cannot recruit Legault.

...I may swear.

Hmm...I suppose I can put up a poll to see if you guys want me to hack a door key into someone's inventory. And then I still have to seriously hurry to catch him, but it's actually possible. I will say that I'd recommend voting for adding a key because otherwise there is no reason for me not to turtle it out and will therefore be a very boring update; if I miss Legault even with the key, I'll suck it up. But I'll let you guys decide!

cGgsqSC.pngLord Hector, a storm is brewing! The terrain will become favorable for the defenders if we keep fighting!

hGcUMnj.pngSo what?

cGgsqSC.pngWe must retreat and attack again after the rain stops! It would be foolish to keep fighting today!

pAN0BE9.pngYour tactician is correct. Attacking uphill in the mud would not be advisable. It would highly increase our chance at failing to win.

hGcUMnj.pngBut we must save Eliwood's father!

pAN0BE9.pngWe've already delayed for other reasons; we must bide our time a little longer. We will complete our task sooner if we wait a day and win than dying and never saving him.

hGcUMnj.pngFine. But I don't like this at all! Next time, I'm not taking any excuses as to why we can't attack!

ArEi4kA.png...

M91Ve7Z.png... (Marlowe's been pacing in circles here for almost an hour now!)

ArEi4kA.pngHm...

M91Ve7Z.png...(I wonder what he's worried about. Maybe Helen?  A good sparring match would take his mind off of his worries!)

ArEi4kA.png...I may have to do it myself...

M91Ve7Z.pngWhat's on your mind?

ArEi4kA.pngAIE! Oh...It's just you...Uh...What brings you here?

M91Ve7Z.pngYou've been walking in circles for a really long time. There's something on your mind, right?

ArEi4kA.pngYes, I suppose so.

M91Ve7Z.png...Well? Can you tell me about it? We can spar if you'd rather not talk! You can't be improductive for a whole day, so you may as well train with me if you're not doing anything else!

ArEi4kA.pngNot sparring! Okay, fine, I'll tell you. Remember the girl I saw being capture by the black fang?

M91Ve7Z.pngYes?

ArEi4kA.pngWell...That girl was the one I was telling you about on the boat. It's been gnawing at me for a while, and I want to save her, even if I can never speak to her. It'd be wrong to just leave her to rot.  But...I don't want to imperil anyone else. And I doubt that I can do it on my own. And I'm afraid of Captain Lawrence...

M91Ve7Z.pngThen I'll go with you! We have to save her! Let's go!

ArEi4kA.pngWhat? But-

M91Ve7Z.pngIf we go now, we might be back before anyone notices!

ArEi4kA.pngThat is flawed logic. They'll notice when there's a whole new person in our tiny group.

M91Ve7Z.pngI'll say that I forced you to go to repay me! It'll be fine! Let's go! Get on the horse! Tell me where to go, and hold on tight!

ArEi4kA.pngHold up just a second here...

M91Ve7Z.pngOFF WE GO!

ArEi4kA.pngAAAAARRRGHHH! I'M GONNA DIIIIEEEE!

DEATH COUNT: Matthew

Rebecca*

Lowen

Guy

Serra

Bartre

Dorcas

Marcus

Erk

Priscilla~

Wil

Lucius

My honor

Defeated as enemy

*Retreated

~Captured

???

Discharged/killed pre-reset.

Dishonorably spared

RESET COUNT: Hector x 2

Lyn x 4

Bandit x 2

Eliwood x 5

Merlinus x6

Being a coward x1

MERLINUS DEATHS AS A MERCHANT: 7

•  

Edited by Benice

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Benice said:

cz4MrLG.png

They are pretty high, indeed-- wait a minute! How is Igrene that low?! Dougy in D!? Raigh in C?! What is Thea doing that high?!

I disagree with this list, therefore it is incorrect. You must fix your opinions.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Iln3Sp3.pngY...Yes...I do believe...That some of the arrows... hit something...important...Aughh...

LZZ9C4m.pngThey all hit something important! They hit you!! H-hold on, Helen! I'll find someone who can heal you! HELP!

If she's taken a bunch of arrows without dying, her defense must be at least Derrick tier.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Of course. It had to happen at some point.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

OWO BLACK TEXT BOX

*notices your garbage bag*

OwO what's this?

1 hour ago, Benice said:

rS4A2KU.pngw7vv81J.png

You know, I have to wonder why he didn't use this trick during the 15 seconds he just stood there letting the dragon turn him into a french fry.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Uh...Lyn's harem?

The theme of FE7 is to rip off plotpoints from TRS while ignoring all the ones from FE6.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

uiKzvlP.png

Hard to see 'em when the corpses are scattered all around Elibe.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

IEmqrRc.png

Until he dies to a crit.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

jDagV8Q.png

A very helpful staff that nobody will be able to use.

Panto.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

w9ln3Dv.png

He's also the Headless Horseman Knight.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Hmm...I suppose I can put up a poll to see if you guys want me to hack a door key into someone's inventory. And then I still have to seriously hurry to catch him, but it's actually possible. I will say that I'd recommend voting for adding a key because otherwise there is no reason for me not to turtle it out and will therefore be a very boring update; if I miss Legault even with the key, I'll suck it up. But I'll let you guys decide!

Eh, go ahead. Forcing you through another 10 chapters of no healers wouldn't be fun.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

ArEi4kA.pngThat is flawed logic. They'll notice when there's a whole new person in our tiny group.

Not necessarily. A lot of people fail to notice the Sable Knights and Frost when they insert themselves into the team in FE12. Heck, I only notice because I love all four of 'em. Personally, I tend to forget about Myrrh more often.

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

Why? What's that like?

Thracia fog is literally black, you can't even see what kind of terrain is in the Fog.

6 minutes ago, Benice said:

Because it's actually Galle who shows them where it is and only Miledy and Zeiss can make him talk?

You don't actually need them to talk to Galle to unlock it, that is a myth that the Serenes Forest main page is trying to correct with their gaiden requirement section.

18 minutes ago, Benice said:

Why do you need to explain this to us again, game?

because Japanese people who linked to the game with a completed FE6 save might never have played Lyn mode.

20 minutes ago, Benice said:

uiKzvlP.png

Oh wow, its rare to see combat stars drop below 5.

21 minutes ago, Benice said:

With deployment being as tight as it is throughout the run and with Sain being pretty bad, I'm keeping him on the bench. The knight's crest is going to Oswin, and while there are other candidates for the master seal, Kent may impress me! At the moment, we need

Even if you don't plan on using him in combat, having an extra unit with Canto that can help with rescue drops is generally a good idea.

23 minutes ago, Benice said:

He's really easy to recruit; he bolts across the battlefield, opens up the door in front of Darin and charges down to our starting location. I cannot let him escape, but unless I really move slowly, he's not getting away.

...Oh no, Legault is tricky to recruit on HHM, you really have to push forward or else he will

26 minutes ago, Benice said:

He...Legault just left? He left?! With my guiding ring, hopes for a member card and getting any promotion items at all?

...oof

2 hours ago, Benice said:

I am a bit torn, (enough that I will probably avoid voting), but I will note you already opened the genie's bottle on hacking things into the game.

7 hours ago, Benice said:

LZZ9C4m.pngHelen? Helen, where are you?

Iln3Sp3.pngSir...Glass...? You...Came back... I knew...you....wouldn't...leave me...

LZZ9C4m.pngHelen! Oh my-You're-you-you've...There's arrows in your back!

I do not like where this is going. Not one little bit. Renault had better get his saintly keister over to Helen and work his holy healing magic.

h99pFBl.pngPUT THE GARBAGE BAG ON!

syrblxs.pngBut it's not raining!

h99pFBl.pngDEW IT.

syrblxs.pngOy...Fine. AuGgGggGgGGGGgAK! Wh-what's happen-

h99pFBl.pngHee hee! Very good! It's working! His eyes are even glowing yellow! Perfect!

syrblxs.pngMy eyes are doing WHAT?! AoAoaoaoAOA-!!!

Erk underestimates the power of the dark side in Emperor Twintails.

Eek! (N-not him! He's so scary!)

This is because of the Hector x Florina art I shared, isn't it? Hahaha.

The army I can't afford to lose you, Florina. You can't go. I see no problem with you going, My dude. There's always Canas to replace you if something happens.

Hector is totally doing this so he can take Florina for himself.

bss7XQi.png

It's lines like this that make me love Hector. He's a noble, but he has no qualms about tearing other people apart when he's angry about injustice or evil.

And unless Canas gets the Luna tome

Which I never got in my entire playthrough. I didn't use thieves to search the chests much though. Matthew died really early and I didn't really use Legault after I recruited him.

No, no, no! Destiny's the theme of Awakening! The theme of this one is... Uh...Lyn's harem?

The protagonist having their own harem is an essential part of any FE game.

ed2.png

Dart's not going to be easy to train this chapter because he gets weighed down by everything we've got.

I left him behind in the chapter I got him. His HP got cut through like a hot knife through butter and his accuracy was pathetic. Besides, I still had Dorcas at that point and he became a pretty awesome unit.

Wil finally did it! He finally ORKO'd something that's not a peg rider! That's my boy! I feel so proud...

He's learned his lesson and Wil never disappoint you again.

He has promised that he Wil forever be a lethal force on your behalf.

You know you're bad at your job when an armor knight doubles you.

Wait...Didn't Legault open up the door in front of Darin in Eliwood mode? Oh well, I think he's just taking a weird route.

He does do that in ENM. And he stays near the door until you get there IIRC.

You took too long. He decided to get up and Legault.

---------

Yeah, I voted against the door key. I enjoy seeing you suffer! Mwahahahahaha!

Edited by twilitfalchion

Spoiler
4 hours ago, Benice said:

Yeah dude you have to hurry and get him...

Oh I guess the update is already over...

23 hours ago, Benice said:

All the enemies have long-range staves and spells, and Kishuna warps out about 5 turns in. Normal mode is basically as easy as you can get, but HHM makes bearable maps complete and utter BS sometimes.

WHAT?! YOU HAVE TO KILL KISHUNA IN FIVE TURNS TO GET THE GOOD ENDING?! Jeez...

No you don't have to kill Kishuna in Genesis. You don't.

Why? What's that like?

Completely black and you cannot see the terrain at all.

hNScmOZ.png

OWO BLACK TEXT BOX

Whenever you see a black text box in a GBA FE, you know stuff about to get real.

uiKzvlP.png

I think I do slightly better then you. Here are my current ranks:

607275505_fire-emblem-blazing-sword(3).png.9dd847cad61ba7be072513dae3c9da53.png

Xp is a little low because its the start of the final chapter and level 18 promoted units had to carry me. But look at that 5 star combat. Ha!

Dere he is! His stats are quite solid and he can promote whenever I get the item

Assuming you get the sidequest, that is. Getting Nino to talk to Jaffar is fairly difficult.

"laughs in 1% crit from merc"

Yeah, I had to bolt as fast as I could to get to that dude fast enough.

No theives for Benice. I like this plan, as I enjoy suffering. Also you voted on your own poll.

My honor

I feel like this should be purple, for some strange reason.

My ironman had fun. The Sonia sidequest no one died on, but there were some close calls. Cog of destiny, a luna druid CRIT MY JAFFAR and one shot him. Farina got hit by a 23% berserk staff after saving the warp staff village and died in the midst of shamans. Hector and one other dude level, brought Pent, no one else. Got all chests and no deaths. 1 reset due to a mistake. Oh boy, the Ostia defense level. Vaida got slept and died, Canas got silenced (which is why he didn't heal Vaida) and died. Oswin got slept and a lot of shamans attacked and killed him. Harken took one too many hits from the enemy nosferatu druids and died. Raven got trapped in the middle right room and lasted till turn 10 before falling. Serra got attacked by a druid and died, with the physic staff on her, (all three of my healers were silenced for 4 turns and that is where most of these deaths happened, Pent's silence was a NINETEEN PERCENT CHANCE). Hawkeye got berserked during the great silence, and wrecked havok on the enemies before being slain... By Serra. Talk about embarrassing. Rath got slain by a nosferatu druid. Battle preps no one died. Victory or death I got Nino to level 10 to promote because I needed another staffer, got Renault and the sidequest, other two villages were destroyed. Legault held the bottom pass, Nino, Pent, Nils, and Louise held the middle, and Heath, Renault, Eliwood, and Hector steamrolled the top and that was how I did a 13 turn. Hector and Eliwood got an A support. The meaning of life no one perished. Final I will do in a bit.

Edited by Hello72207

I think that alongside the key you should be allowed to get 1 devil axe and an antitoxin, aren't I generous. 

18 hours ago, Benice said:

But, oy...I have no doubt that someone I like will die there.

Come to think of it, it's where Mangs FE7 run ended... mind that was a "game over is the end", and Zephiel kind of died.

Why? What's that like?

Hell. That's what.

THERE IS NO SAFE PLACE FOR PRISCILLA!! NOOOOOO! NINO! SAVE HER RIGHT NOW!

The safest place was the grave, and you robbed her of that, you grave-robber person.

He decided to Th ink for once.

Plot twist. He was too busy thinking of it to pay attention to what was going on, and just kind of winged the rest  of the scene. Every time Hector says something stupid, he's busy trying to think of something clever to say and his mouth moves on autopilot.

Rebecca needs to make him go faster!

"Gotta shoot fast."~ My original character Wil The Archerhog.

That would explain the music when Splatoon finally did release. They thought they could still only use GBA sound effects.

I wouldn't know. Never played it. Which puts it in a similar spot to Persona, Wii Fit and Bayonetta for Smash related series. I mean.. I even used the Gamecube Animal Crossing for the NES games you could get in it back before virtual console was a thing.

It's okay, Merlinus is the only one in there.

That's one hell(en) of a line. I'm sure there's someone who can help a nArrow flight away.

h99pFBl.pngIt worked! He's turned into a perfect cultist! Go and do my bidding, my loyal servant. Find Renault and bring him to Helen.

There are some fates worse than death. Priscilla was on the verge of one. Erk's found one that may be worse yet.. assuming he has any self-awareness beyond being made a slave to that monster.

Yv1kNCI.png

Wait...She was floating mostly dead on a piece of driftwood on purpose?

World's worst escape plans. Part 2.

9G54q2g.pngiwKsVlL.png

Says you! You failed to use plot armor in the aftermath of this chapter!

Dying in a cutscene without a fight. The worst kind of death for an aspiring villain.

CcEOc8a.png

Because he totally couldn't have done it in the full year that he had Ninils?

I assume it has to be done fresh. Like maybe it requires perishable goods.

o0Ah703.pngbmRTnJJ.pnghQ7CzBQ.png

I love this.

I've got no joke for this.

17 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

They are pretty high, indeed-- wait a minute! How is Igrene that low?! Dougy in D!? Raigh in C?! What is Thea doing that high?!

I disagree with this list, therefore it is incorrect. You must fix your opinions.

Personally I think I'm gonna Sue over the placement of a certain arrow-caster.

16 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

because Japanese people who linked to the game with a completed FE6 save might never have played Lyn mode.

Lucky bastards.

16 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I am a bit torn, (enough that I will probably avoid voting), but I will note you already opened the genie's bottle on hacking things into the game.

Something I quite honestly don't even understand.... guess who isn't getting an Elysian whip in Shadow Dragon.

15 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Pretty sure one of those is non-canon. Ruben keeps telling me so.

8 hours ago, Hello72207 said:

I don't think it's even possible. Doesn't he leave the moment you try to attack him in even Eliwood Normal?

3 hours ago, Pengaius said:

I think that alongside the key you should be allowed to get 1 devil axe and an antitoxin, aren't I generous. 

I'll second this vote, seeing as I'm bloody trying to arena Matthis up to level 6 in my own run (which is torture, let me tell you. He needs a 1% crit to kill ANYTHING). I'm not even sure I can get more than one win (which I did get) even if I were to save state the hell out of it. I had no idea how bad the arena in Shadow Dragon was... let alone on H5.

3 hours ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

I don't think it's even possible. Doesn't he leave the moment you try to attack him in even Eliwood Normal?

I have done it on original hardware before. He does leave the moment you attack, but he also moves around on HHM so you can hit him from 2 range, thus you don't have to find a way to one round him with a longbow. I had to train up a decent sniper, use Filla's might, and hope for a killer bow crit to pull off the one-shot.

14 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I have done it on original hardware before. He does leave the moment you attack, but he also moves around on HHM so you can hit him from 2 range, thus you don't have to find a way to one round him with a longbow. I had to train up a decent sniper, use Filla's might, and hope for a killer bow crit to pull off the one-shot.

Right. I never even thought of the possibility to one-shot him with a crit.

That moment when you finally finish your update after procrastinating and then while you eat lunch it gets deleted.

I sincerely apologize for this update being horrendously late, but I promise it'll be up no later than tomorrow!

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

That moment when you finally finish your update after procrastinating and then while you eat lunch it gets deleted.

I sincerely apologize for this update being horrendously late, but I promise it'll be up no later than tomorrow!

R.I.P.

I don't think I've ever lost an update in all my time, actually. I've had ctr+z delete half of it sometimes, and I've had troubles uploading some of them, but never outright lost any of them. Guess that's where all of my luck goes.

2 hours ago, Benice said:

No worries man, we ain't your patreons so don't bother apologising to us. 

3 hours ago, Benice said:

No worries, it happens to every LPer...

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

R.I.P.

I don't think I've ever lost an update in all my time, actually. I've had ctr+z delete half of it sometimes, and I've had troubles uploading some of them, but never outright lost any of them. Guess that's where all of my luck goes.

Except for Saint Rubenio (must be one of the miracles that got him canonized a Saint).

5 hours ago, Benice said:

Will I get the replies to the post before the one before that got ignored?

My dude saga, chapter 13.5: Everyone's happy!/I failed the DC 2 perception check

I apologize for the slow update, but I started to play FE4, and if that game doesn't take a million years, I don't know what does.

...And also for the grammatical errors, but it's frickin' two in the morning and I should really be sleeping.

The replies:

Spoiler
On 5/23/2020 at 11:26 PM, This boi uses Nino said:
  Hide contents

Because he ate too much Paella and attacks bounce of off him? ( :P) The insinuation is that Ruben's parents wouldn't exist if that building were the execution list was wasn't destroyed. Thought it's a 50/50 chance depending on which side of the war they were in. Also because Ruben is a spaniard.
A dumb joke, that's it.

I was more making fun of you saying Tank him.

Pah, Naga be cursed... I can do what I want...

BEGONE, FE4! I'VE HAD QUITE ENOUGH OF YOU!

I meant because you said Elyndis was the ship and I was like, no, "Elyndis" can't be a ship because it's a word. It's like the "Wrong, age is a word" meme thing.

Of all the things to inherit from Ruben's LPs, it was missing all the references? Oh well, may as well got the full mile.

Is this roundabout?

I know about from "I Hate Everything", I used to watch that channel a bunch but now that I found other types of humour I stopped watching it, the stuff just isn't for me anymore.

That's the one that Derek Savage had closed down, right?

Ah so I didn't get the joke... Hector can't be hurt but he can be outsmarted. So something can "smart" him.

Hector is outsmarted by default.

Hector's antibrain really does wonders huh? hahahaha

I do wonder if his antibrain is better at strategy than me.

I don't know man, FE7 has a pretty retarded story anyways. I mean millions of people probably know Eliwood is from Pherae, and also Pherae's insignia. Then again, since Eliwood's team don't know who Nergal is yet, they could've thought that was him.

Should I even try to bother making the plot cohesive at this point?

I mean the thief has 20 speed, doesn't he double Florina with any speed decrease, Hector, Wil, Lyn, Oswin and Canas too? Perhaps even Raven...

If doubling speed is +4 AS, then the thief doubles everyone. If it's +5, then Florina, Lyn and Raven do not get doubled.

Dude what the actual hell? Ok I know she has an energy ring and an angelic robe, but let me check her average stats.
For a level 14 Florina (I'm assuming she didn't get the angelic robe and energy ring for these averages) she has:
+2 HP, +4 STR(!),

BUFF!

+2 SPD, +1 Luck, +2 Res. Turns out though, that her stats are still really good even without the statbooster... seems I've really been underselling Florina all this time.

You just need to show her the love and encouragement she needs to believe in herself. She knows that she alone is worthy of protecting My dude and lives up to the necessary benchmarks.

It makes no sense, why remove something you worked on? Are they even present in the game's files or where they just removed?

I believe that they were outright removed from FE7.

But it's just AN Eclipse, we have more of them right? In fact my theory is Eclipse reproduces asexually and that explains how she can be so active all the time 😛

Woah...This explains everything!

Nature is beautiful but it's also absolutely terrifying, I like his palette but nothing beats Raigh's in my opinion.

Nature is terrifying.

Fair enough, Raigh's palette is quite good.

On average Wil at level 17 should have:
-3 Str, +3 Spd, +2 Luck, -1 Def and +2 Res.
Yours traded speed for a bunch of strength. Also you can easily check averages on here: http://fea.fewiki.net/
And if you can't find them there then they are over here: https://serenesforest.net/blazing-sword/characters/average-stats/

That extra three speed would have been enough to double most enemies...

On 5/29/2020 at 12:36 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

Anything higher than D is a character I like, so Dougy in D simply means he's a character I'm neutral about.

No u!

If she's taken a bunch of arrows without dying, her defense must be at least Derrick tier.

Well, 1 defense isn't very good... But 31 HP is.

Of course. It had to happen at some point.

Of course it did! I must keep up the continuity of the SCU!

*notices your garbage bag*

OwO what's this?

lK8oaPN.jpg

Why did the Raze empire pay for Disaad when they have boxes of 20 extra large Razite monks like this?

You know, I have to wonder why he didn't use this trick during the 15 seconds he just stood there letting the dragon turn him into a french fry.

Because he is cheating with Aenir and wants to get through the gate?

The theme of FE7 is to rip off plotpoints from TRS while ignoring all the ones from FE6.

Sort of accurate, sadly.

Hard to see 'em when the corpses are scattered all around Elibe.

Yes, that's true. Treck and Echidna really do block that view.

Until he dies to a crit.

Pfah! I am luck incarnate! I know not the word "Dying to a crit!"

Panto.

I can't believe I have to use a good prepromote...

He's also the Headless Horseman Knight.

What a gorgeous frame.

Eh, go ahead. Forcing you through another 10 chapters of no healers wouldn't be fun.

YYYAAAAAAAY!

Not necessarily. A lot of people fail to notice the Sable Knights and Frost when they insert themselves into the team in FE12. Heck, I only notice because I love all four of 'em. Personally, I tend to forget about Myrrh more often.

What is a "Sable knights?"

I've never once used Myrrh in any of my eight playthroughs of FE8 simply because I always forget when she joins.

On 5/29/2020 at 1:10 PM, Eltosian Kadath said:

Thracia fog is literally black, you can't even see what kind of terrain is in the Fog.

Lovely! Very Kaga, actually.

You don't actually need them to talk to Galle to unlock it, that is a myth that the Serenes Forest main page is trying to correct with their gaiden requirement section.

There was a misconception? I was just trying to justify FE6's weird requirements. I didn't know that some people thought that you actually needed to talk to Galle. Well, the more you know!

You can link saves from FE6? Bruh.

Oh wow, its rare to see combat stars drop below 5.

WEEEEE ARE THE CHAMPIONS, MY FRAIND

Even if you don't plan on using him in combat, having an extra unit with Canto that can help with rescue drops is generally a good idea.

I prefer to keep people alive and Sain really only will be on the bench...I need to get past that so my important units don't die.

...Oh no, Legault is tricky to recruit on HHM, you really have to push forward or else he will

...oof

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

OF THE WOOOORRRLD

Very true; this isn't even really an ironman anymore.

On 5/29/2020 at 2:21 PM, twilitfalchion said:

I do not like where this is going. Not one little bit. Renault had better get his saintly keister over to Helen and work his holy healing magic.

You're going to love this update!

Erk underestimates the power of the dark side in Emperor Twintails.

The darkness lErking within...

This is because of the Hector x Florina art I shared, isn't it? Hahaha.

Assertive chad x Meek little wamen=Not really a happy relationship and Florina deserves only the best!

Hector is totally doing this so he can take Florina for himself.

NOOOOOOOOO! STOP HIM!

It's lines like this that make me love Hector. He's a noble, but he has no qualms about tearing other people apart when he's angry about injustice or evil.

It's lines like this that make me dislike Hector, actually. I usually prefer avoiding fighting at any cost, but I get why people like Hector.

Which I never got in my entire playthrough. I didn't use thieves to search the chests much though. Matthew died really early and I didn't really use Legault after I recruited him.

Really? Huh. I hope I don't miss it.

The protagonist having their own harem is an essential part of any FE game.

ed2.png

Ahahaha! Getting into the true FE6 spirit!

I left him behind in the chapter I got him. His HP got cut through like a hot knife through butter and his accuracy was pathetic. Besides, I still had Dorcas at that point and he became a pretty awesome unit.

Yeah, Dart's not good at base. That's why I'll use him!

He's learned his lesson and Wil never disappoint you again.

He'll shoot arrows until the enemy is full of qWils. (Okay, that's bad, even for me)

He has promised that he Wil forever be a lethal force on your behalf.

I'm out of Wil puns. Well, at least I lasted about 13 maps.

You know you're bad at your job when an armor knight doubles you.

I love FE7 enemies.

He does do that in ENM. And he stays near the door until you get there IIRC.

WHY DIDN'T I LP ELIWOOD NORMAL

You took too long. He decided to get up and Legault.

You've Legault to find a better pun than that!

---------

Yeah, I voted against the door key. I enjoy seeing you suffer! Mwahahahahaha!

OURGH

On 5/29/2020 at 2:31 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

I like how you voted on your own poll. Sneaky.

2fSmVR8.png

On 5/29/2020 at 2:51 PM, This boi uses Nino said:

wait... dude you didn't reply to me?
:(((

Whoopsie. I'm a legendary LPer!

On 5/29/2020 at 3:08 PM, This boi uses Nino said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Muahahaha, I will not reply to this one either!

...Mostly because the quote system apparently requires me to have the spoiler open to quote its contents.

On 5/29/2020 at 3:08 PM, This boi uses Nino said:
  Hide contents

Update of the year!

On 5/29/2020 at 9:34 PM, Hello72207 said:

Oh, thank goodness.

Completely black and you cannot see the terrain at all.

That sounds fair and not a BS way of adding difficulty.

Although, I've only ever liked FoW in three situations:

Berwick saga because it actually has a good system, chapter 6 of Sacred Stones and chapter 9 of Binding Blade.

Whenever you see a black text box in a GBA FE, you know stuff about to get real.

Yep.

I think I do slightly better then you. Here are my current ranks:

607275505_fire-emblem-blazing-sword(3).png.9dd847cad61ba7be072513dae3c9da53.png

Xp is a little low because its the start of the final chapter and level 18 promoted units had to carry me. But look at that 5 star combat. Ha!

ao64jGM.png

Assuming you get the sidequest, that is. Getting Nino to talk to Jaffar is fairly difficult.

Well, I'm giving the chapter one try before resorting to cheese.

"laughs in 1% crit from merc"

Mangs' Hard 5 ironman be like:

Yeah, I had to bolt as fast as I could to get to that dude fast enough.

Hopefully I can make it too...

No theives for Benice. I like this plan, as I enjoy suffering. Also you voted on your own poll.

I CAN DO WHAT I WANT!

I feel like this should be purple, for some strange reason.

But purple is pretty, unlike my sense of honor!

My ironman had fun. The Sonia sidequest no one died on, but there were some close calls. Cog of destiny, a luna druid CRIT MY JAFFAR and one shot him. Farina got hit by a 23% berserk staff after saving the warp staff village and died in the midst of shamans. Hector and one other dude level, brought Pent, no one else. Got all chests and no deaths. 1 reset due to a mistake. Oh boy, the Ostia defense level. Vaida got slept and died, Canas got silenced (which is why he didn't heal Vaida) and died. Oswin got slept and a lot of shamans attacked and killed him. Harken took one too many hits from the enemy nosferatu druids and died. Raven got trapped in the middle right room and lasted till turn 10 before falling. Serra got attacked by a druid and died, with the physic staff on her, (all three of my healers were silenced for 4 turns and that is where most of these deaths happened, Pent's silence was a NINETEEN PERCENT CHANCE). Hawkeye got berserked during the great silence, and wrecked havok on the enemies before being slain... By Serra. Talk about embarrassing. Rath got slain by a nosferatu druid. Battle preps no one died. Victory or death I got Nino to level 10 to promote because I needed another staffer, got Renault and the sidequest, other two villages were destroyed. Legault held the bottom pass, Nino, Pent, Nils, and Louise held the middle, and Heath, Renault, Eliwood, and Hector steamrolled the top and that was how I did a 13 turn. Hector and Eliwood got an A support. The meaning of life no one perished. Final I will do in a bit.

There's a sidequest after Victory or Death?

And bruh, Hawkeye killed by Serra! That is stuff from the legends!

On 5/30/2020 at 2:11 AM, Pengaius said:

I'll pass.

Wait, why would I want an antitoxin?

On 5/30/2020 at 5:55 AM, The Roger The Paladin said:

Come to think of it, it's where Mangs FE7 run ended... mind that was a "game over is the end", and Zephiel kind of died.

I do plan to do a hard ironman one day, (The game over is the end kind) but I'd rather do it not blind or in a game where I could feasibly not get game overs really easily, such as FE6.

And Zephiel has the distinction of ending two of Mangs' ironmans; once as an enemy where he killed Roy, and once in Battle before Dawn.

Hell. That's what.

Youch. The things you do for views...

The safest place was the grave, and you robbed her of that, you grave-robber person.

She will find safety one day!

Plot twist. He was too busy thinking of it to pay attention to what was going on, and just kind of winged the rest  of the scene. Every time Hector says something stupid, he's busy trying to think of something clever to say and his mouth moves on autopilot.

Honestly kind of relateable.

"Gotta shoot fast."~ My original character Wil The Archerhog.

I wouldn't know. Never played it. Which puts it in a similar spot to Persona, Wii Fit and Bayonetta for Smash related series. I mean.. I even used the Gamecube Animal Crossing for the NES games you could get in it back before virtual console was a thing.

It's a pretty good game. However, they went a totally different direction for the music, and while not all of it is bad, there are quite a few weird ones.

That's one hell(en) of a line. I'm sure there's someone who can help a nArrow flight away.

We all hope so.

There are some fates worse than death. Priscilla was on the verge of one. Erk's found one that may be worse yet.. assuming he has any self-awareness beyond being made a slave to that monster.

We shall see!

World's worst escape plans. Part 2.

"All you have to do is abandon your brother and seduce a lord! You'll be living in luxury for the rest of your life, and any offspring produced get sent to Ostia to train! It's perfect!"

Ninian really had things thought out.

Dying in a cutscene without a fight. The worst kind of death for an aspiring villain.

Poor lad. He was trying so hard...And yet Nino does better than him.

I assume it has to be done fresh. Like maybe it requires perishable goods.

I sure hope so. Because he doesn't have any other excuse.

Covid must have delayed his delivery.

I love this.
I really hope he keeps this up. If he can start to double things, I may not need to use Louise as much! And as much as I'd rather not have to use Pent because he's a good prepromote, Canas won't be able to use any non mend/heal staves for a fair bit.

I've got no joke for this.

Thank you.

Personally I think I'm gonna Sue over the placement of a certain arrow-caster.

Where did I even put Sue?

Oh. D. Yeah, she could have qualified for C, I suppose.

Lucky bastards.

Imagine being able to skip Lyn mode.

Something I quite honestly don't even understand.... guess who isn't getting an Elysian whip in Shadow Dragon.

Feels bad. But at least you can use the palla-chicken photo again!

Pretty sure one of those is non-canon. Ruben keeps telling me so

How so?

Well, I think you could theoretically pick him off with Wil or Rebecca.

I'll second this vote, seeing as I'm bloody trying to arena Matthis up to level 6 in my own run (which is torture, let me tell you. He needs a 1% crit to kill ANYTHING). I'm not even sure I can get more than one win (which I did get) even if I were to save state the hell out of it. I had no idea how bad the arena in Shadow Dragon was... let alone on H5.

Thank you, kind sir!

On 5/30/2020 at 10:00 AM, Eltosian Kadath said:

Everyone but Eltosian and The Roger: Man, FE7's pretty hard.

Eltosian: I did a perfect run of the game on original hardware. With my eyes closed.

On 6/5/2020 at 3:01 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

R.I.P.

Yoinks. I guess your luck goes to that. And Faye, apparently.

On 6/5/2020 at 5:20 PM, Pengaius said:

No worries man, we ain't your patreons so don't bother apologising to us. 

Well, you could always send me money...

On 6/5/2020 at 8:34 PM, This boi uses Nino said:

Will I get the replies to the post before the one before that got ignored?

NO I REFUSE TO RESPOND1!

On 6/6/2020 at 5:42 AM, The Roger The Paladin said:

It's fine. I'd have honestly had trouble finding time to read it now anyway. So this saves me being as late to it... though I'm probably not going to be first on it by any means.

Yes, you are legally mandated to always read my LP and ignore everything else in your life!  No rush man, as long as you're enjoying it, that makes me happy. If you've got better things to do, no worries!

On 6/5/2020 at 6:01 PM, Eltosian Kadath said:

No worries, it happens to every LPer...

I still feel bad. I was a few days later than I promised too...

Except for Saint Rubenio (must be one of the miracles that got him canonized a Saint).

The miracle of Darna occurs- an LP does not go vastly awry due to formatting and the like because of Naga saving humanity.

The update:

Spoiler

NLE0iiW.pngR e n a u l t. . .

VGASbAu.pngHm?

NLE0iiW.pngS t. E l i m i n e  r e q u i r e s  y o u  t o  f o l l o w. . .

3dmoNAd.pngt014r00.png

Day no. 2 of our attack on Dragon's gate! I've got a plan, but it may not be a good one. The cavalry spam may stop me in my tracks if I miss too many times.

BKyiqMq.pngsoQr6yJ.pngYTSJyI7.pngZfzaKcN.png

lhfjt3J.png4l9OkqI.png

So far, so good. Enemy phase!

O460KgD.pngCCdDsgU.png4gAqXaO.pngrVXJdwP.pngd1qRrlj.pngmOgmb8L.png

We've gotta keep pushing forwards! I am not finishing this game without a single thief!

Unless...Jaffar can't use lockpicks or steal, right? Eh, if I miss Legault I won't have any for him to use.

Iln3Sp3.pngS-sir Glass, are you... still here...?

LZZ9C4m.pngI'm here for you Helen. I'll stand by you forever.

Iln3Sp3.pngT...Thank you...I'm...So...very glad that I... am able to pass on...With you by my side... I...Love...You... Take...Care of...Elen...For me...

LZZ9C4m.pngPlease...Just hang on! Somebody will find us! I'm with you! I can't-I don't know what I'll do if you die!

Y66JIK5.png

Wil eliminates this pesky fellow.

DTmFkGD.pngUSjEuMO.png

Aside from that, I can't do much this turn.

nT9QFj8.pngOvYX0fR.png

Au mai gauwd, im sheykig in my shoos form this p'ladin!

DPAXra8.png

There's Legault! I've got plenty of time...But the Shamans blocking the door scare me.

jjW5BGw.png7ByUCVu.png

Wow. This is truly pathetic.

ewywuzi.png

I can heal now! Thank goodness!

kiusOe9.pngeOhIili.png5wdCJFs.png

I've had really good luck so far! That 63 is one of my first misses.

IJS8VVj.pnguIMPQfB.png

This man needs some help. He lost his head and can't find it!

pImE8ha.pngNq9VFfy.pngoClf4Jf.png

My luck is still holding. Legault's getting close, though!

IHyLEjM.pngeue2EM9.png

Damn unt blast.

c7sFvl2.pngPtwBL09.png

Blast!

KZo9RH2.png

Wil is a good unit.

Ed8JxZS.pngsLxSZsI.pngXcHWew5.png

That's better.

waUqlvY.pngCzcm73I.pngWpNq11x.pngAHdEsXK.png

Canas! Well, you'll be a  full-time staffbot, so I suppose that it won't matter.

bWlF0it.pnghCcQHjt.pngjmEuVXM.png

Many futile attacks on Oswin end up going poorly for the initiators...

ybz043N.png

But not for the one enemy who we really need to get rid of!

Well, back to player phase we go!

Iln3Sp3.pngI...I'm so...Cold...Gl-Glass? Where...Where are you? Glass? Am I...Am I alone?

LZZ9C4m.pngHelen! Don't close your eyes! I'm still here!

Iln3Sp3.pngMmm...You're...Still...Here...But...You look...So...very far...away...

VGASbAu.pngI was told that there was someone in desperate need of healing. Am I too late?

LZZ9C4m.pngWho are you? Actually-I don't care. Heal her! Please!

VGASbAu.pngI will do what I can. Follow me...

QC8Zu7Q.pngKVUEUwn.png

Great job, Wil!

0GBPFUS.png

OSWIN!

nyPCAsP.png

Blargh! Not good!

iWRVdrb.pngGJuoJr4.png3Odp9h4.png

Many misses make me mad.

4W4zfFI.png

Hector got this too, which isn't a terrible way to end his unpromoted career!

xflWzh4.png

STOP THAAAAAAT!

TtBoj8e.png

Gotta clear the way fast! Legault's nearly at the door with all of the shamans...

W9J0N8n.pngTuLlKNW.png

Get out of my way!

iQB1lK4.png

Yes! I've made it through!

...One turn too late! I cannot possibly reach Legault with Hector before he passes.

...Well...

I messed up.

Again.

TCfaGKe.pnggc5752q.png

Well, whatever. I'm screwed. Let's just end this map before the armor knight spam.

Wait! WAIT! There's a door right there! How did I not notice that?! Abort! Turn back! OPEN THE DOOR RIGHT NOW!

J3F0ZFt.png

...Well crap. I don't know if it's possible to recruit Legault.

Unless...if someone got rescue-dropped into his range with something stealable...

But that would require sacking Kent... and it's not even a guarunteed recruitment of Legault...

Well, I'd best send Hector up there anyways.

uomdeFc.png

DAMNIT, HE CAME UP ONE POINT OF DAMAGE SHORT OF OHKO'ING HIM AND HIS HANDAXE BROKE!

But...That should put him into recovery mode, right? He should run away to heal. But still, Hector won't enter Legault's range without help...

GVkTUQu.pngMy dude, whatever is wrong? You look lost in thought.

cGgsqSC.pngThat thief...We've gotta catch him...But Lord Hector cannot reach him...

GVkTUQu.pngThen I shall take him there myself!

cGgsqSC.pngKent?! But-but-bu-but...

GVkTUQu.pngKeep lady Lyndis safe when I'm gone!

cGgsqSC.pngKENT!

I pray that my little gambit works. I should have brought Sain since he's useless anyways!

AND THE MAGE DIDN'T GO INTO RECOVERY MODE SO IT WAS POINTLESS.

uwZdJwQ.pngLPQpu6r.png

Kent...I'm so sorry...
tYQMzjh.png

Get out of the way, please and thank you. However, I am 120% certain that I'm done for.

CMvkMxm.png

Yup. There goes Legault.

Sigh... My Thief...Kent...Ah...AH! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-

Well, as long as I don't miss the Knight's crest when it shows up, I should almost have enough promotion items to go around?

• One hero's crest-IIRC, next chapter's boss drops one.
  • Four Elysian whips-This wasn't going to happen regardless, so I'll have to make some tough decisions.
  • One knight's crest-Not sure when I'm getting it, though.
  • Ocean seal-Desert map.
  • One guiding ring/It'll end up being an Earth seal

Not too shabby. But still...

-AAAAAARGGGHHH! OH MY FRICKITY FRACKING FLURPACTING PLUCKING GOD!

I LOST MY THIEF, KENT AND THE GUIDING RING, EVEN WITH A RESET! I THINK I'M GONNA SWEAR! AAAAAAAAARGGGH! ALL BECAUSE I COULDN'T SEE A DOOR!

Ten billion blistering blue barnacles...

Oh well, you know what will help my mood?

THE GAME SPAMMING ENOUGH ARMOR KNIGHTS THAT I USED 34 FLUX USES AND NEARLY BROKE ALL OF MY WEAPONS!

But yay! Fiora got a level!

M0mi8ts.png

Uurk... Are we sure you're related to Florina?

Well, maybe Dart can turn my day around.

jSFZ5K7.png

THIS IS WHY I DON'T RESPOND TO YOUR COMMENTS, NINO!

But yay, speed.

Aside from that, we got a Fiora-Florina C support.

And then this happened:

4JRvyCR.pngJNqdJe2.pngEXQt0Fd.png

Fantastic! Superb! Wonderful! It's almost like I DON'T want to throw my computer off a cliff!

Great. Now Florina got a level. She's just gonna continue the Hpsauce level train and ruin my day even mo-

oknRDho.png

...Wh-what? Is this...

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH! THANK YOU! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! THANK YOU FOR BEING STRONG! I LOVE YOUUUU! I've gotta propose to her one of these days...

s4N152a.png

Thank you for getting this superb level now that you can't promote for another billion maps, Canas. But hey, it's the thought that counts!

uT6KbAF.png

And Florina ends Darin and gets this okay level. But it doesn't matter! She got strength yet again earlier today! If she gets any stronger, I'll turn into a pancake when she hugs me!

a3ioh09.pngwmToOB5.pngooJ0jP0.pngO7c39v6.pngSg40MVv.pngGPsrYCD.png

cGgsqSC.pngWe've still got some fighting ahead. We'll be pressing straight into the heart of the enemy's fortress. But it cost us much to get here... But soon this will all be over and I can spend the rest of my days in peace!

hGcUMnj.pngCHAAARGE! WE MUST DESTROY THE BLACK FANG!

cGgsqSC.pngSighhh...I'd best focus on the battle so we don't get Hector killed.

M91Ve7Z.pngSweet St. Elimine...This is where Priscilla was taken? It's maaaassssiiivvveeee....

LyISHtn.pngDefinitely. I'm really glad you're coming along with me, to be honest. I'm not too confident in my ability to fight or protect Priscilla once we free her.

M91Ve7Z.pngAh, well, that's what friends are for, amirite?

M91Ve7Z.pngGuwaaagh...These danged mountains...

LyISHtn.pngAre you okay?!

M91Ve7Z.pngI'm...*Pant* fine. These mountains and shambles are incredibly frustrating to navigate, though.

LyISHtn.pngOh no...

M91Ve7Z.pngDon't worry. I can keep moving forwards... AAGHHH!

LyISHtn.pngMiss Swift?!

M91Ve7Z.pngI'm fine! I just rolled back down the hill again... Here we go again...

LyISHtn.pngI'm beginning to think that you won't be able to pass these mountains.

M91Ve7Z.pngI...Fine, you have a point.

LyISHtn.png*Gulp* Guess I'll have to go it alone, then.

M91Ve7Z.pngOh boy...Please come back safely.

LyISHtn.pngI'll try.

M91Ve7Z.pngNo, promise me! You said you'd do anything to make up for your mistakes, and if you make it back here, I'll completely forgive you! No more forced sparring! No more doing my chores! Just please! Make it back to me safely!

LyISHtn.pngM-miss Swift...I promise. I will do it.

M91Ve7Z.pngVery well...Wait! There's one more thing I need to give you.

LyISHtn.pngHm? What is it?

M91Ve7Z.pngCome closer and I'll tell you what it is!

LyISHtn.png...Okaaaaay... This is pretty clo-MMPH!

M91Ve7Z.png...And there we go! That should do it!

LyISHtn.pngOh my... Miss Swift! What-How-Why-

M91Ve7Z.pngTeehee! I needed to give you that kiss. Good luck! I'll try to keep people from getting into the fort so they can't murder you. Toodles!

LyISHtn.pngWh-wh-wh-wh-wh-wh-whaaaaaaaaaat?! I...I just don't get girls. But still...That was...Sublime... Gah! Focus on the task at hand, Marlowe! Think of her later, when you have time to actually talk and not die!

DEATH COUNT: Matthew

Rebecca*

Lowen

Guy

Serra

Bartre

Dorcas

Marcus

Erk

Priscilla~

Wil

Lucius

My honor

Kent

Legault%

Defeated as enemy

*Retreated

~Captured

% Unrecruitable

???

Discharged/killed pre-reset.

Dishonorably spared

RESET COUNT: Hector x 2

Lyn x 4

Bandit x 2

Eliwood x 5

Merlinus x6

Being a coward x1

MERLINUS DEATHS AS A MERCHANT: 7

Edited by Benice

Let's try this shall we?

Spoiler
31 minutes ago, Benice said:

Apart from the whole dying from existing because Manakete in Elibe thing.

34 minutes ago, Benice said:

How so?

Ruben maintains that Roy x Cecilia does not ever happen. You know, because teacher student relations.

54 minutes ago, Benice said:

uwZdJwQ.pngLPQpu6r.png

Kent...I'm so sorry...
tYQMzjh.png

Get out of the way, please and thank you. However, I am 120% certain that I'm done for.

CMvkMxm.png

Yup. There goes Legault.

Sigh... My Thief...Kent...Ah...AH! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-

That's an absolute Kentastophe.

Bad puns aside... I can see the game being an absolute nightmare from here. Good luck with that. You might need it.

37 minutes ago, Benice said:

I apologize for the slow update, but I started to play FE4, and if that game doesn't take a million years, I don't know what does.

Hope you are enjoying FE4, despite it slower pace.

39 minutes ago, Benice said:

You can link saves from FE6? Bruh.

All it did was let you skip Lyn mode, and unlock part of the epilogue we get in the US version (The PAL version doesn't have the scenes at all) with FE6 cleared games in Japan (instead of stupidly many game completions). You can also link all of the GBA games with Path of Radiance with the odd GBA-GC attachment, but all it does is unlock GBA character portraits, and some extra trial maps...

40 minutes ago, Benice said:

Eltosian: I did a perfect run of the game on original hardware. With my eyes closed.

I don't know if I would call that run perfect, I did mine glitch after successfully killing Kishuna on Genesis to prevent the horseshit that map becomes after Kishuna leaves, plus that run was filled with resets, and incredibly dumb decisions I was too stubborn to correct (I brought Bartre and Karla to endgame...thank goodness Athos can solo those maps or I never would have made it).

27 minutes ago, Benice said:

Unless...Jaffar can't use lockpicks or steal, right? Eh, if I miss Legault I won't have any for him to use.

Assasins can use lockpicks, but they lose the ability to steal. Than again I have no idea how you will get a lockpick for him.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

DPAXra8.png

There's Legault! I've got plenty of time...But the Shamans blocking the door scare me.

Shamans? Oh no Benice, you need to rush for the closer door, with the breakable wall...

31 minutes ago, Benice said:

cGgsqSC.pngThat thief...We've gotta catch him...But Lord Hector cannot reach him...

cGgsqSC.pngKENT!

Oh this is getting tragic...

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Well, as long as I don't miss the Knight's crest when it shows up, I should almost have enough promotion items to go around?

• One hero's crest-IIRC, next chapter's boss drops one.
  • Four Elysian whips-This wasn't going to happen regardless, so I'll have to make some tough decisions.
  • One knight's crest-Not sure when I'm getting it, though.
  • Ocean seal-Desert map.
  • One guiding ring/It'll end up being an Earth seal

Oh boy. Let me try to give you some idea of what you are up against for getting these promotion items

First you the next boss doesn't drop a Hero's crest you have to steal it from him, which isn't an option for you, but you can still get one on the desert map. Just be careful, on my successful ironman I didn't even get close to the Hero's Crest before Pent ended the map, so intentionally leaving an enemy or two alive (maybe even rescuing Pent with a flyer) to give you more search time might be necessary.

I seem to remember the Elysian Whip next chapter being slightly at risk of being destroyed by brigands if you aren't moving fast enough in the fog (than again there are a lot of flyers to ruin your day on that map as well...). The second is easy to get from chapter 25 if your fliers are still alive.

You need to kill Eubans on chapter 22 to get the Knights crest, which is not easy to do in HHM. You really have to push with your units to reach him in a fairly dense defend map filled with reinforcements and underwhelming recruits(much as I like all three of them, none of them can really hold their own when they join).

The ocean seal is incredibly easy to get in HHM, as long as you lookup the hidden treasure on the desert map.

It will have to be an Earth Seal, as you need thieves to get all of the Guiding Rings. Fortunately both version of 24 have one hiding in villages.

30 minutes ago, Benice said:

-AAAAAARGGGHHH! OH MY FRICKITY FRACKING FLURPACTING PLUCKING GOD!

I LOST MY THIEF, KENT AND THE GUIDING RING, EVEN WITH A RESET! I THINK I'M GONNA SWEAR! AAAAAAAAARGGGH! ALL BECAUSE I COULDN'T SEE A DOOR!

Ouch. I had a lot (I would really like to emphasize the word LOT here) of failed ironman runs of FE7, and am probably one of the few other people who dragged an ironman run with no healer or thief all the way to that mad dash for Legualt in the vain hope he could fix all that run's problems. Instead the run died, so I sympathize with your suffering.

58 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

You can also link all of the GBA games with Path of Radiance with the odd GBA-GC attachment, but all it does is unlock GBA character portraits, and some extra trial maps...

Good memories there. Mostly because I've done that. At least, with the western release GBA games. Mind I like trial maps. It's always nice to get a couple optional standalone maps. (I mean, one of my favourite things in Echoes was unironically the Rise of The Deliverance DLC, and I'm pretty partial to the Archanea Saga bonus maps in FE12 as well as the three DLC originals... which in case you're wondering why I remember Belf more than Vyland. He's of some use in one of those, whereas Vyland is actually absent from the one concerning Hardin, Wolf and Roshea).

1 hour ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I don't know if I would call that run perfect, I did mine glitch after successfully killing Kishuna on Genesis to prevent the horseshit that map becomes after Kishuna leaves, plus that run was filled with resets, and incredibly dumb decisions I was too stubborn to correct (I brought Bartre and Karla to endgame...thank goodness Athos can solo those maps or I never would have made it).

I also stubbornly brought Bartre to endgame after using him to get Karla. But I didn't waste a deployment slot on Karla ever and still have 0 of her supports. I'd like to say Bartre contributed something, but what he contributed to that run was two resets. Mind it was my first time in Hector mode (not even HHM)... and I've gotten quite a bit better since then. To be honest, that's about my experience with Bartre in this game... because I've never wanted to use him again after that. Basically, the experience taught me one major thing. Bartre's growths may be way better than Dorcas... but existing stats are worth more than potential stats more often than not.

1 hour ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Ouch. I had a lot (I would really like to emphasize the word LOT here) of failed ironman runs of FE7, and am probably one of the few other people who dragged an ironman run with no healer or thief all the way to that mad dash for Legualt in the vain hope he could fix all that run's problems. Instead the run died, so I sympathize with your suffering.

Whereas when I played the game Ironman style... I settled for EHM as opposed to HHM. There's quite a world of difference. Though the intent always was to go back and do the other later (as two back to back runs of the same game wasn't something I planned).

Assertive chad x Meek little wamen=Not really a happy relationship and Florina deserves only the best!

That's exactly why I don't ship Hector x Florina, or any opposite personality ships. They're typically too contrasting to work well in my mind (even if they are fictional). It's also why I do ship Ike x Lethe instead of Ike x Elincia as my Ike OTP.

Iln3Sp3.pngT...Thank you...I'm...So...very glad that I... am able to pass on...With you by my side... I...Love...You... Take...Care of...Elen...For me...

LZZ9C4m.pngPlease...Just hang on! Somebody will find us! I'm with you! I can't-I don't know what I'll do if you die!

Nice tie-in to FE6.

Wil eliminates this pesky fellow.

He's fulfilling his promise that he Wil be as useful to you as he can.

Au mai gauwd, im sheykig in my shoos form this p'ladin!

Don't mess with Hector. He may be obnoxious, but he's the best Lord gameplay-wise and one of the best units in the game.

tumblr_p0ii3pC9yS1r4c9wto1_500.gifv

M91Ve7Z.pngCome closer and I'll tell you what it is!

LyISHtn.png...Okaaaaay... This is pretty clo-MMPH!

M91Ve7Z.png...And there we go! That should do it!

LyISHtn.pngOh my... Miss Swift! What-How-Why-

M91Ve7Z.pngTeehee! I needed to give you that kiss. Good luck! I'll try to keep people from getting into the fort so they can't murder you. Toodles!

LyISHtn.pngWh-wh-wh-wh-wh-wh-whaaaaaaaaaat?! I...I just don't get girls. But still...That was...Sublime... Gah! Focus on the task at hand, Marlowe! Think of her later, when you have time to actually talk and not die!

Awww...their interactions are pretty cute. Oh, and teehee!

-----------------

It was definitely worth waiting for this update, even if you did let Kent die (and I totally did not in my playthrough)

Very happy to see that Helen won't die. Perhaps Erk is useful for something after all.

Looking forward to the next one!

Edited by twilitfalchion

And bruh, Hawkeye killed by Serra! That is stuff from the legends!

Especially an underleveled Serra that's been stat screwed.

There's a sidequest after Victory or Death?

if you beat it in around 20 turns, I think.

I do plan to do a hard ironman one day

I did a sacred stones +10% ironman was a hard-set one, took me 4 tries.

Jaffar can't use lockpicks or steal, right?

Assasins can use lockpicks, no stealing though.

Yup. There goes Legault.

YAAAYYYYYYYY

next chapter's boss drops one.

Nope, it needs to be stolen.

Ten billion blistering blue barnacles...

Ah no, not in front of Florina Benice.

5 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

So wait, you are playing FE4, an ironman, AND a draft race at the same time.

Spoiler
12 hours ago, Benice said:

lK8oaPN.jpg

I will have one of these.

Fohizc9k o

Ahhh, a perfect fit.

What is a "Sable knights?"

How dare you, I'll kill you.

This is slowly becoming another one of my catchphrases, and that is not good.

Very true; this isn't even really an ironman anymore.

Not to worry. Back in FE12, I broke every single one of the rules, too. It's really all about the entertainment value.

Mangs' Hard 5 ironman be like:

"He crit him! Yeah"

Top 10 famous last words

Until she dies 10 years later because dragons randomly die faster in the human world, according to FE7.

Ignore the fact that Yahn and Idoun lived for a thousand years. I guess they were hibernating, so they don't count?

Ruben: What is a FE7? I only know TRS.

The miracle of Darna occurs- an LP does not go vastly awry due to formatting and the like because of Naga saving humanity.

Actually, I just remembered that I did lose exactly one update once. A server shutdown due to forum maintenance ate it. That's the only time, though.

I can't get over the fact that there's drama revolving around Glass. Glass.

...Then again, I had drama with Wrys and a generic soldier, so who am I to judge?

AHdEsXK.png

Canas! Well, you'll be a  full-time staffbot, so I suppose that it won't matter.

No! But... the power of the monocle...! How could it fail!?

VGASbAu.pngI will do what I can. Follow me...

Renault to the rescue! I knew he was my favorite for a reason!

cGgsqSC.pngKENT!

uwZdJwQ.png

Whoa, that legitimately made me feel sad. And his sacrifice was for nothing, too... Sheesh. Reminds me of Pelleas. Rest in pieces, man.

Rage

I am so sorry. That's... really all I can think to say. This is kind of a disaster...

4JRvyCR.pngJNqdJe2.pngEXQt0Fd.png

Fantastic! Superb! Wonderful! It's almost like I DON'T want to throw my computer off a cliff!

Jesus Christ...

oknRDho.png

...Wh-what? Is this...

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH! THANK YOU! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! THANK YOU FOR BEING STRONG! I LOVE YOUUUU! I've gotta propose to her one of these days...

Hah. Would you look at that. She's actually...

...17 strength!? That's not... logical! Look at her! Does she look 17 strength to you!?

Gah! Focus on the task at hand, Marlowe! Think of her later, when you have time to actually talk and not die!

You know, the red flags keep piling up on top of Marlowe. I don't think I like that.

...Nah, I think it'll look like he's gonna die, but then Derrick is going to come out of nowhere to save him. We still haven't seen him, after all.

Why, yes, I'm making up theories about your fanfic. You should feel flattered.

8 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

It's also why I do ship Ike x Lethe instead of Ike x Elincia as my Ike OTP.

Not Ike x Soren

Several people are angry at you right now.

I'm not one of them. The only ship I have for Ike is Ike x Nonexistence, because I enjoy his games so much more when he's not present. Not because he's a bad character or anything, but because all of his chapters in his games are so easy that I can't stand playing through them (which, yes, means the entirety of FE9). I'm not sure if I've already explained this in this thread, that's why I'm saying it again. Sorry for being so annoying, I just don't want to get jumped by a mob of angry Ike fans because I dissed their boi. Oh, who am I kidding, I'm gonna get jumped anyway... please have mercy!