• Narcian: Vernal General
    • Catria: Spring Whitewing
    • Veronica: Spring Princess
    • Palla: Eldest Bun-Bun
    • Loki: Spring Trickster
    • Xander: Spring Prince
    • Est: Springtime Flier

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/07/2020 at 02:59 AM

Just now, Anacybele said:

I didn't shit on anyone. I just said I was disappointed that her team was bigger, nothing more.

Implying that it's a bad thing.  Why is it a bad thing?  And WHY does the world need to know this?

BTW, these are questions that you need to ask yourself before posting.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Implying that it's a bad thing.  Why is it a bad thing?  And WHY does the world need to know this?

BTW, these are questions that you need to ask yourself before posting.

It's bad for me because the character I like and chose is the smaller team, of course.

But basically, I'm not allowed to ever say ANYTHING negative anywhere on this forum, even if I say it politely? I'm limited only to positive happy cheery stuff and I have to always be praising things instead of sometimes offering criticism or voicing a bit of disappointment in something. I'm not interested in this site if I'm so limited in what I can say. If I'm misunderstanding something here, then let me know. Because right now, I'm confused about what I'm allowed to say anywhere.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

It's bad for me because the character I like and chose is the smaller team, of course.

But basically, I'm not allowed to ever say ANYTHING negative anywhere on this forum, even if I say it politely? I'm limited only to positive happy cheery stuff and I have to always be praising things instead of sometimes offering criticism or voicing a bit of disappointment in something. I'm not interested in this site if I'm so limited in what I can say. If I'm misunderstanding something here, then let me know. Because right now, I'm confused about what I'm allowed to say anywhere.

Remember what I told you in that PM?  Apply it instead of feeling sorry for yourself.  And remember that I said that you weren't going to get it the first time, because this is something that takes practice.

15 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Remember what I told you in that PM?  Apply it instead of feeling sorry for yourself.  And remember that I said that you weren't going to get it the first time, because this is something that takes practice.

Of course I do. And I feel that I was applying it.

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Of course I do. And I feel that I was applying it.

Then it's a matter of asking WHY I posted that.  And it's not only because I'm on Team Veronica.

As in, why do you think I did?

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Then it's a matter of asking WHY I posted that.  And it's not only because I'm on Team Veronica.

As in, why do you think I did?

I...don't know.

On another note, can I please stop getting so many red and green allies... I'm hardly ever getting either blue or colorless. Doesn't anyone lead with those anymore?

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I...don't know.

On another note, can I please stop getting so many red and green allies... I'm hardly ever getting either blue or colorless. Doesn't anyone lead with those anymore?

The blue/colorless thing is an issue for me, too.  I clear that up as quickly as possible in the early rounds, so I can save the big multiplier rounds for the title character (in your case, Palla).

As for why. . .citing team size and "disappointing" implies that there's something wrong with being on Veronica's team.  Thing is, everyone has their own reasons as to why they chose a team.  In your case, it's because you like Palla.  In my case, it's because I have Veronica and not Palla.  In a nonzero number of other people's cases, it's feathers, or because X is their favorite character.  None of these reasons are incorrect.  Thus, there's no reason to indirectly bash the other team.  Hell, I was on Team Narcian, and thought it was hilarious that we were Team Feathers.

8 minutes ago, eclipse said:

The blue/colorless thing is an issue for me, too.  I clear that up as quickly as possible in the early rounds, so I can save the big multiplier rounds for the title character (in your case, Palla).

I see. Yeah, that's one idea. I just surrender and open a new battle until I get the color ally I need when I'm trying to get those quests out of the way.

8 minutes ago, eclipse said:

As for why. . .citing team size and "disappointing" implies that there's something wrong with being on Veronica's team.  Thing is, everyone has their own reasons as to why they chose a team.  In your case, it's because you like Palla.  In my case, it's because I have Veronica and not Palla.  In a nonzero number of other people's cases, it's feathers, or because X is their favorite character.  None of these reasons are incorrect.  Thus, there's no reason to indirectly bash the other team.  Hell, I was on Team Narcian, and thought it was hilarious that we were Team Feathers.

Yes, I'm aware of all those things. That's why I simply said I was disappointed and all, not that people were wrong to pick Veronica or that Veronica simply sucks or whatever. I may not understand why she's liked, and I may wish Palla was the bigger team. but I'm not going to say people are wrong or bad to pick/like Veronica.

Edited by Anacybele

Yes, I'm aware of all those things. That's why I simply said I was disappointed and all, not that people were wrong to pick Veronica or that Veronica simply sucks or whatever. I may not understand why she's liked, but I'm not going to say people are wrong or bad to pick/like her.

This is where implication comes in.  We know that being disappointed is a bad thing.  So by saying that you're disappointed by Team Veronica's size, you're implying that it's a bad thing that her side is so big, which in turn implies that there's something wrong with being on her team.  It's a bit more complicated than usual, but it's something to consider.  If in doubt, keep silent on your disappointment, and root for your team instead.  I mean, Narcian pulled it off, so what's stopping your team from doing the same?

I'd be slightly annoyed at missing out on 500 feathers if that happened, but it would make for an amusing conversation afterwards!

4 minutes ago, eclipse said:

This is where implication comes in.  We know that being disappointed is a bad thing.  So by saying that you're disappointed by Team Veronica's size, you're implying that it's a bad thing that her side is so big, which in turn implies that there's something wrong with being on her team.  It's a bit more complicated than usual, but it's something to consider.  If in doubt, keep silent on your disappointment, and root for your team instead.  I mean, Narcian pulled it off, so what's stopping your team from doing the same?

I'd be slightly annoyed at missing out on 500 feathers if that happened, but it would make for an amusing conversation afterwards!

Eh, fair enough, I suppose. I keep rooting for Palla regardless anyway.

20 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

TEAM PALLA DUMP YOUR FLAGS! DUMP YOUR FLAGS! We can actually pull this off!

Indeed! We will be "Abel" to do this!

Well, I've got no flags left and have put up 3,322,110 points (about half of my overall total) just in this final round so it's safe to say I've done all I could for the Team Palla cause.

Now, to just wait to see how this one ends.

TEAM PALLA WE HAVE TRIUMPHED! She really is best Whitewing sister! 😄

I think she's the first Whitewing sister to win a gauntlet too.

And wow, we basically won by a hair. Epic. Or is that...a HARE? Hahaha. XD

Edited by Anacybele

6 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Heck yeah, victory for Palla! Feels nice to have been on the winning team since the first round. That doesn't usually happen in these things.

Yeah, it's rare, and even when it did happen for me, it was either Ike or...well, I can't recall who else, but I'm pretty sure he wasn't the only one before this. And even then, if I don't remember, they weren't really memorable. Palla is surely the most random one in my case so far and thus is basically just as sweet as when that second Ike win happened (because it gave both RD Ike and PoR Ike one win each in some form).

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

TEAM PALLA WE HAVE TRIUMPHED! She really is best Whitewing sister! 😄

I think she's the first Whitewing sister to win a gauntlet too.

And wow, we basically won by a hair. Epic. Or is that...a HARE? Hahaha. XD

Good things happen when you believe~!

That being said, I hope this is forever remembered as The Gauntlet of Upsets.

52 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, it's rare, and even when it did happen for me, it was either Ike or...well, I can't recall who else, but I'm pretty sure he wasn't the only one before this. And even then, if I don't remember, they weren't really memorable. Palla is surely the most random one in my case so far and thus is basically just as sweet as when that second Ike win happened (because it gave both RD Ike and PoR Ike one win each in some form).

I wasn't on the winning team at the start until "The Blood of the Dragons" gauntlet, which was the seventh one they did; I picked Ninian, and she went all the way. Then I picked the winner at the beginning in the very next gauntlet, Short-Haired Ladies vs. Long-Haired Gents, where I picked Shanna. "Children's Day" and "Fathers and Daughters" are the only other two before this where I picked the winner at the start, those being Nino and Lilina, respectively. And now this one with Palla. 5 out of 34 gauntlets is not a good record for me!

Just now, eclipse said:

Good things happen when you believe~!

That being said, I hope this is forever remembered as The Gauntlet of Upsets.

A lot of the time, yes!

There have been other gauntlets with big upsets though. In fact, I believe there was one where all of the bigger teams lost in the first round.

A lot of the time, yes!

There have been other gauntlets with big upsets though. In fact, I believe there was one where all of the bigger teams lost in the first round.

But were any as huge as Narcian's unexpected win?  He was literally Team Feathers~!