Composers you'd like to see score a Fire Emblem game?

Alastor15243

So, this was inspired by the thread about Yoko Shimomura. Have you ever listened to a composer's music and thought to yourself: "Man, I really wanna hear them score a Fire Emblem game"?

For me, the biggest time I've felt that way was listening to this song by Hiroyuki Sawano:

All I could think while listening to this was how insane it would be as a second-half-of-the-game prep theme. Given the right story and stakes, this song would be perfect for one, and it would be absolutely mind-blowing to hear it playing before a battle.

13 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

So, this was inspired by the thread about Yoko Shimomura. Have you ever listened to a composer's music and thought to yourself: "Man, I really wanna hear them score a Fire Emblem game"?

No, but I'd happily listen to Jun Senoue composing some thematic songs for the series. Probably wouldn't be out of place in another Warriors game honestly.

As a zelda fan, I'm always up for some Koji Kondo tunes! I think that his music would fit nicely into FE.

The Almighty Goddess of Strings, Yoko Shimomura

i'd also like to hear something from Revo, and Falcom Sound Team jdk, but they're all impossible

Edited by Yexin

Hmm, Kenji Ito would be interesting. Don't know if he would fit though, in this case I guess a second Composer would be needed. For some Situations he could do some really cool stuff, but I don't think that it overall will fit as much as I like him. 
Hiroki Kikuta could be interesting if we would get a Fire Emblem which is more middle East oriented. 

6 hours ago, Alastor15243 said:

All I could think while listening to this was how insane it would be as a second-half-of-the-game prep theme. Given the right story and stakes, this song would be perfect for one, and it would be absolutely mind-blowing to hear it playing before a battle.

"Mind-blowing"? If by that you mean "blows minds into such states of rage that the mods have to hand out 20 million warnings", then yes. 

Sawano's XCX soundtrack, if copied for an FE, might be a little out of place. And given how divisive it is with the Xeno fanbase, I'm sure it will be like "endless -WAR WOOAR WOOAR!" if IS hired him.

But on the positive side, I'm sure that if they copied the 3H calendar/school system, nobody would ever want it ever again if it was paired with the NLA Theme. Do it IS, do it! 😜

*Points to sig* I'd be totally down for another MONOX, or the Key We've Lost, In the Forest, Wir Fliegen, So Nah So Fern, or even Uncontrollable. And I don't know how you possibly fit it into FE, the Sylvalum or Noctilum themes, but those would be very pleasant too. And, I'd want a room in the barracks for me to boogie to the Ma-non Ship theme. And another room for my pegasus-riding Raygunners to practice their skills.

-But, I'm unfamiliar with Sawano's other works. And IDK if 3H blew any doors open on what fits for FE musically, I Silenced its soundtrack.

*Ahem* But I get your point with NO.EX1. It does have a good warmup portion to begin, the vocals add a spark of tension, but the composition doesn't burst open until a good 1:35. At that point it doesn't go overly intense, it remains under control after a brief bout of lyrics, which then calms to purely vocals, so NO.EX1 avoids becoming too powerful for a preparations screen track.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

*Ahem* But I get your point with NO.EX1. It does have a good warmup portion to begin, the vocals add a spark of tension, but the composition doesn't burst open until a good 1:35. At that point it doesn't go overly intense, it remains under control after a brief bout of lyrics, which then calms to purely vocals, so NO.EX1 avoids becoming too powerful for a preparations screen track.

Yeah, that's what I love about it, and why I hear "preparation screen" when I listen to it. It somehow manages, no matter how intense it gets, to constantly give off an aura of "something even bigger is coming". That "hold on to your butts, it's gonna get bumpy", "calm before the storm" feeling that the best preparation themes manage to capture, and yet it manages to capture it while being way more intense than any of them.

...But then again, the issue there is that that was apparently by accident, because it's actually intended to be a full-on boss theme.

15 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

...But then again, the issue there is that that was apparently by accident, because it's actually intended to be a full-on boss theme.

It is used for cutscene talk before the gameplay fighting starts too, which might not be exactly be what you're aiming for, but a touch closer. To use an example, XCX Chapter 7:

Spoiler

And as an aside, would you believe me if this track was used for just a menu screen?:

...To make this post more relevant, I think FE runs into a unique issue of map themes neither being battle themes, nor location themes, the two kinds usually found in JRPGs. I am sure creative minds can bend themselves to fit the dynamic dual-purpose tracks that've been in vogue since Awakening, and of course, non-JRPG composers exist and they don't run into this problem. Though I have a hard time recommending composers because of this musical difference and what genres I stick to.

Sawano did make Wir Fliegen and LP the same track done entirely differently, more of difference than would exist between a dynamic FE track's map and battle/ablaze versions. So there is already evidence of someone who could bridge the gap.