FE9 Hard mode draft

shanni20

Wewster and I are both predictablely left with Ena and Nasir. good luck everyone!

Our units:

forsetipatty: Marcia, Lethe, Stefan, Tormod, Mia, Brom, Devdan, Ena/Nasir

wewster: Oscar, Calill, Mordecai, Makalov, Gatrie, Haar, Largo, Ena/Nasir

Brave Lance: Soren, Astrid, Mist, Volke, Geoffery, Janaff, Lucia, Tauroneo

Gator: Boyd, Nephenee, Rhys, Sothe, Shinon, Zihark, Rolf, Ulki

Peppy: Jill, Kieran, Ilyana, Tanith, Muarim, Elincia, Ranulf, Bastian

Edited by forsettipatty

• 1 month later...

Got this draft done in 140 turns. Played this on fixed mode for the sake of consistency (and to dodge crappy level ups). A team with dual fliers is pretty busted (especially when one of them is either Marcia or Jill). Also had other decent picks on top of Jill and Tanith. Even my lategame picks were relatively decent.

Turncount Log:

P: 4/4
Standard

1: 3/7
Standard. Robe goes to Ike.

2: 4/11
Ike dodged enough to safely get dat 4 turn

3: 4/15
Marcia made getting the Hand Axe and the 3 turn impossible due to pulling the fighter. Hand axe is important for the coming chapters so took the turn. Ike gets Elixir and kills enemies.

4: 2/17
Titania kills boss with Hand Axe, Ike gets some kills.

5: 6/23
Defend. Ike gets some kills.

6: 5/28
Titania goes right. Ike chugs Elixir when dropped.

7: 8/36
Brutal chapter with just Ike and Titania. Titania takes a world tour to kill enemies and goes for the boss kill once Balmer arrives. She then circles around to kill the rest of the enemies before finishing off the healer and the last armor. Ike got a few kills near the right. Kept the Ward from thief kill for future staff grinding.

8: 8/44
Try to maximize Ilyana's EXP gain. Unfortunately could not get her the boss kill. Forge a +4 Mt Iron Axe to ORKO armors with Titania.

Unit    Level       HP ST MG SK SP LK DF RS Weapon Ranks                     Supports
	Ike     12.94/----- 35 11 03 12 13 10 10 04 B Swords
	Titania -----/5.95  37 14 04 15 16 13 12 08 C Lances S Axes
	Ilyana  7.27/-----  21 01 08 10 09 06 03 11 E Fire D Thunder E Wind

9: 5/49
Ike and Titania Rush, Ilyana kills some stragglers left behind.

10: 5/54
Titania and Ike head for the exit (Titania kills a Door Key Soldier and trades to Ilyana when going for the exit), Ilyana goes to jailbreak Kieran. Forge a +5 Mt Axe so the Halberdier can be ORKO'd (Axe forges are dirt cheap anyway. He still needed to have 34 HP and 11 Def to ORKO tho). Ilyana gets speedwings so that she can consistently double the east Knights.

11: 5/59
Titania bumrushes to the arrive tile, using a Javelin and forged Iron Lance (max might) on the next turn to kill the boss. Kieran and Ilyana clear the blockage that the enemies form after the first turn, alongside Kieran taking care of the southwest group of enemies. Got the Elwind and Dracoshield villages.

12: 9/68
Pretty much just killing Ravens and giving Jill kills when I could with the Iron Lance forge. 9 turns cuz nobody could one round the last raven that showed up.

13: 7/75
I used 5 Chest Key uses to get the 7 turn (since the Ravens go away once all the treasure is collected). The ravens that plundered the last 2 chest was promptly killed. Other than that this chapter was prime time to get EXP for my team.

Unit    Level       HP ST MG SK SP LK DF RS Weapon Ranks                     Supports
	Ike     19.15/----- 35 14 04 16 18 12 13 07 B Swords                         C Titania
	Titania -----/9.56  40 16 05 18 18 15 14 10 B Lances S Axes                  C Ike
	Ilyana  17.73/----- 21 03 14 14 14 11 04 16 E Fire D Thunder E Wind
	Kieran  17.87/----- 33 13 01 12 19 09 12 02 C Axes
	Jill    14.85/----- 28 13 01 13 12 07 13 03 D Lances

14: 3/78
Jill goes for the Spirit Dust and the Laguz Lance. The rest make a beeline to go kill the boss. I ferry Ilyana so she can get the boss kill.

15: 2/80
Jill promotes this chapter so I could secure the 2 turn. She takes the Laguz Lance to 2RKO Muarim during Turn 2. The rest kill some laguz so that Volke and Sothe can get the Physic and Boots without interruption.

16: 5/85
Titania ferries Ike to the Throne and kills the boss, Jill goes for the Full Guard. Kieran goes to kill the Halberdier holding the Chest Key so I can get Resolve and Wrath later. Muarim shoved Titania and Jill once.

17-1: 3/88
Jill gets speedwings, Boots, and Arms scroll to get Lances to B rank. Jill was just a bit short on ORKO'ing the Halberdier with the Spear so I had to settle for the 3 turn. I forge a +5 Mt Steel Axe for Kieran so he can get rid of the Fighters by Round 2. Some units stay behind to deal with the Turn 3 Myrms to ensure they are dead by Turn 3. Ilyana attempts to build staff rank.

17-2: 3/91
Jill rushes to the arrive point. The rest try to procure EXP where they can (including raising Ilyana's staff rank).

17-3: 10/10
After some thinking, I decide to forego raising Ilyana's staff Rank since Elincia comes around by the time she could feasibly get to B Staves. So I get her Wind rank to C while the others procure EXP.

17-4: 1/102
Protip: Put Jill two spots below Ike in the deployment list so she can get placed in a spot where she can reach Oliver in Turn 1.

Unit    Level       HP ST MG SK SP LK DF RS Weapon Ranks                     Supports
	Ike     20.00/1.00  44 18 07 18 20 12 16 09 B Swords                         B Titania
	Titania -----/10.91 41 16 06 18 18 15 14 10 B Lances S Axes                  B Ike
	Ilyana  21.00/4.53  32 07 19 19 18 14 06 22 D Fire C Thunder C Wind E Staves
	Kieran  21.00/4.15  40 19 04 17 18 11 16 06 E Lances B Axes
	Jill    16.11/7.64  37 18 05 19 20 09 17 06 B Lances D Axes
	Muarim  -----/9.85  45 23 04 17 18 11 15 08 Claw

18: 6/108
Up until Chapter 25 (with the exception of Chapter 21 and Chapter 23), I alternate between forging Max Mt Hand Axes and Max Mt Javelins. Jill gets the Energy Drop here. Barely snagged the 6 turn. Jill thankfully reached C Axes in time so she could OHKO transformed Ravens with the Laguz Axe. Tanith used the Laguz Lance to take care of the transformed ravens. Reyson pops a Laguz stone and gets ferried extensively so he can refresh my flyers and paladins as often as possible. Muarim does some convenient shoving before making a beeline to the Wrath chest. Ike and Ilyana make some contributions then kill the wyverns at the entrance.

19: 2/110
Tanith takes the boss kill due to being able to double (higher chance for the Killer Lance to crit). Units either shoved or got some kills. Skipped out on the Knight Ring.

20: 2/112
Ilyana uses an Arms Scroll to raise Fire to C Rank. Kieran heads south to get rescue with the +5 Javelin forge in tow. The rest kill some enemies and position themselves in a fashion that allows Tanith to reach the arrive point at Turn 2. On Turn 2, Titania kills an enemy in the way of Kieran before Kieran gets rescue, more enemies are killed to clear the way to the Smite village, Jill chips away at Shiharam and Ilyana then finishes him off with a Meteor. Tanith then arrives and ends the map.

21: 5/117
Gave Muarim Smite. Reyson pops his second laguz stone here. Jill and Tanith make a beeline to the throne, with Jill ferrying Ike and Tanith ferrying Reyson (so that Ike and Tanith can get refreshed). Jill with Laguz Axe and Tanith with Killer Lance make short work of Ena while Ike makes his way to the Throne. Tauroneo is recruited and Tanith blocks the incoming mage and sage for a bit so that Tauroneo remains unattacked. The rest of the team leveled EXP, though I probably should have went for the Energy Drop.

Unit    Level       HP ST MG SK SP LK DF RS Weapon Ranks                     Supports
	Ike     20.00/4.49  46 19 07 20 21 13 17 10 B Swords                         B Titania
	Titania -----/11.32 42 17 06 19 19 15 15 10 B Lances S Axes                  B Ike
	Ilyana  21.00/8.17  34 08 21 21 19 15 07 24 C Fire C Thunder C Wind E Staves
	Kieran  21.00/8.53  43 21 05 20 20 12 18 08 E Lances B Axes
	Jill    16.11/12.78 41 22 06 21 22 11 18 08 B Lances B Axes
	Muarim  -----/11.20 48 24 04 18 19 11 16 08 Claw
	Tanith  -----/13.88 34 18 11 20 25 19 15 13 A Swords B Lances                C Reyson
	Reyson  Heron                                                                C Tanith

22: 1/118
Ilyana had to use the dust to 2HKO the boss with Bolting. The rest got kills where they could (with Jill killing the Bolting Sage and somebody shoving Tomenami out of the way). Saved all the priests for dat BEXP (cuz Ashera Staff is worthless for my team)

23: 4/122
Ike gets a Max Mt Steel Sword Forge (so no surviving enemies blocks Ike's way after he is dropped) while Jill gets the Seraph Robe and Dracoshield to increase survivability. Also gave Ike Wrath cuz why not. Ike and Jill Rush to the seize point (Reyson and Muarim helped them get a head start). To be honest killing Petrine was a pain in the ass due to needing to Rig a Killer Axe crit and have a second hit at least connect. Anyhow, Ilyana sieges the Blizzard Mage to get his Blizzard while the rest got kills where they could (Kieran especially).

24: 3/125
Had just enough shovers to pull off the 3 turn without Rescue. Transformed Ranulf shoves Jill while the rest shove (with Muarim smiting) Reyson. Jill heads west so she can go adjacent to a tree and have her route uninterrupted (Jill rescued Reyson to avoid reliance on dodgetanking). The rest of my party then focused on clearing the way to the Savior village and actually getting Savior itself.

25: 3/128
Gave Jill Savior. Gromell died instantly by a Killer Axe crit on the second hit (a boss with Resolve and an Elixir makes this Rout chapter too unpredictable for my tastes). I forge a Max Might Silver Lance so Jill kills all 1 range enemies at the top during turn 2, Jill uses a Max Mt Hand Axe forge to kill the rest of the enemies Turn 3). Player phase attacks for Turns 2 and 3 focused on killing the Ballista Sniper and the Purge Bishop. Tanith kills the enemies on the right path while the rest kill enemies on the left path.

Ike     20.00/9.74  50 22 08 22 24 15 19 12 A Swords                         B Titania C Reyson C Ranulf
	Titania -----/12.21 43 17 06 20 19 16 15 11 B Lances S Axes                  B Ike
	Ilyana  21.00/11.78 36 08 25 23 19 17 07 25 C Fire B Thunder C Wind E Staves
	Kieran  21.00/12.21 45 23 05 22 21 13 19 09 D Lances B Axes
	Jill    16.11/18.42 51 25 08 23 24 12 23 10 A Lances B Axes
	Muarim  -----/11.44 48 24 04 18 19 11 16 08 Claw
	Tanith  -----/16.98 36 19 12 22 27 20 16 14 A Swords A Lances                B Reyson
	Reyson  Heron C Ike B Tanith
	Ranulf  -----/9.22  46 25 04 21 20 13 22 09 Claw                             C Ike
	Bastian -----/13.04 35 12 19 21 16 15 12 20 B Fire C Thunder A Wind Knives

26: 4/132
Bertram is a pretty nasty boss. To the point where I opted for 4 turns over 3 for reliability sakes (dodging a Runesword hit and rigging a Killer Lance crit, on top of Bolting hitting seemed way too unreliable to pull off). Anyways, I forge another Max Might Silver Lance so Jill can kill as many enemies as possible in order for the way to be as clear as possible. Jill and Ike rush to the seize point (Elinicia helped with Rescue and Reyson refreshed so Jill could move post-rescue). The rest pretty much distract enemies so that Jill and Elincia can remain as uninterrupted as possible. Elincia uses Rescue on Ilyana Turn 3 so she could chip Shiharam with Meteor (Jill with two strikes from her Silver Forge was not enough to kill Bertram without Ilyana's Meteor). Dropped Ike Turn 3 to minimize his chances of death. This was the starting point where Pure Waters were always necessary for Ike and Jill due to either siege tomes or sleep staves. Hammerned Rescue on the last turn by giving Ranulf Rescue via trade.

27: 3/135
Ike and Jill rush to the arrive point. Ilyana sieges a general in the way Turn 1 and sieges the top-mid door Turn 2 (with Bolting she had just enough attack to break the door in one shot). Tanith, Kieran, and Titania go to get Resolve while killing enemies along the way. Muarim and Ranulf do their shoving. Reyson does his refreshing. Elincia rescues Jill Turn 1. Funny enough, Jill was not able to one round the boss and was too injured to face him in combat on top of that so Jill had to use a Hand Axe forge to chip at the boss then Ilyana finished him off with Bolting after Elincia rescues her on the last turn. Kieran received a Max Mt Silver Axe to ORKO the Generals in the Resolve room (The Hammer wasn't gonna cut it since a Tiger will reduce it to less than 6 uses). Third turn, Titania and Tanith kill enemies in the way (with Reyson helping) while Kieran opens the resolve chest. Ike also ran from the Black Knight Fight in a glorious fashion.

28: 3/138
Fun fact: Elincia just straight up leaves your party for this chapter before coming back in Endgame. Oh well, still secured the 3 Turn. Gave Ike Resolve. Ike and Jill rush to the Seize point. Turn 2, Jill drops Ike near the dragon and equips ranged weaponry to encourage enemies to attack Ike (also gave Jill Shade to help with this). On top of this, Jill had one last Max Mt Silver Lance Forge incase ranged enemies attacked her (her ranged weapon uses was low so if she was attacked she would have the Silver Lance forge equipped to kill the Feral Ones due to the ranged weapon breaking). Meanwhile, Tanith makes a beeline to the area in front of the tower, making it there on Turn 3 (also with Ilyana being ferried). Reyson actually pops a Laguz Stone Turn 2 so that he can refresh Tanith and a dropped Ilyana Turn 3 (she did not end up being needed but was nice to have as backup). The rest pretty much shoved and kill enemies.

E: 2/140
Elincia rescues Jill and Ike and Jill drops Ike in range of Ashnard. Jill unequips her weapon to act as a distraction so Ike took on less enemies. Titania rescues an untransformed Ranulf so they can give Ike extra avoid Turn 2 via supports (Reyson helped them get near Ike). Ilyana kills the Bolting Sage to further improve reliability. Tibarn did a whole lot of nothing. The rest either shoved or blocked the path of the feral one's on the left and right side of the fountain. Resolve/Wrath Ike wrecks Ashnard.

Character Analysis:

Ike     20.00/17.46 56 26 10 26 28 18 22 15 S Swords                         B Titania C Reyson B Ranulf				

Kills: 99
Lord character that needs kills to get the stats to kill Ashnard with Resolve/Wrath. Standard procedure with this guy.

Titania -----/13.07 43 18 06 20 20 16 15 11 S Lances A Axes                  B Ike				

Kills: 158
Undisputed champion of FE9 earlygame. Saves so much turns and kills off so many enemies. Even if she falls off lategame, she is still undeniably the best unit of the team.

Ilyana  21.00/17.31 38 10 29 25 21 20 08 28 C Fire B Thunder C Wind E Staves				

Kills: 60
A frail unit at the start and takes some effort to train but once she promotes to Sage and lategame rolls around, her siege utility is definitely appreciated (especially since her sieging was crucial for a couple of tough bosses). Could also have her reach B Staves to use Rescue in a reasonable amount of time. But with Elincia on my team, I decided to not bother (since when Rescue would start to matter, Elincia would already be on my team).

Kieran  21.00/16.37 48 25 06 24 23 14 21 10 D Lances A Axes				

Kills: 76
Always nice to have a mount that performs secondary objectives (getting important items among other things). While Kieran is typically a frontline unit that ferries Ike and goes for the main objective, I already had Jill fulfilling that role. Titania fell off lategame so that is where Kieran especially came in handy.

Jill    16.11/20.00 53 26 08 24 25 13 23 10 S Lances B Axes				

Kills: 110
Jill’s flying utility and combat capability is pretty busted. She got the majority of the stat boosters but then again those were to either increase strat reliability or to reach certain benchmarks that would allow me to complete maps in a certain number of turns. Pretty much only second to Marcia but even then, the difference is not too big.

Muarim  -----/11.72 48 24 04 18 19 11 16 08 Claw				

Kills: 9
Pretty much just a shove/smite bot and extra muscle for combat purposes. Still saved turns so it was worth drafting him.

Tanith  -----/20.00 38 20 13 25 28 21 17 16 A Swords                         A Lances A Reyson				

Kills: 45
My second flier. Having her alongside Jill allowed me to get some turncounts that would not normally be feasible. Tanith has an oddly high magic stat so she is the perfect unit to kill Feral Ones (Flame Lance for Beasts, Sonic Sword for Birds).

Reyson  Heron                                                                C Ike A Tanith				

Kills: 0
Refresher unit. Helped me save turns and is therefore good. Worth hoarding Laguz Stones for anyday.

Ranulf  -----/9.63  46 25 04 21 20 13 22 09 Claw                             B Ike

Kills: 1
Certainly not the best drafted unit but his shoving comes in handy and was key to getting 3 turns in Chapter 24 without rescue. Pretty good for a late pick.

Bastian -----/13.76 35 12 19 21 16 15 12 20 B Fire C Thunder A Wind Knives				

Kills: 5
Killed a few things and shoved a few people. Other than that, he is pretty lousy at doing anything significant due to lacking the stats to siege in an effective fashion.

Elincia -----/11.42 33 12 20 20 21 21 13 18 D Swords A Staves				

Only there for 3 chapters but oh boy is she useful for those 3 chapters if you don’t have any other viable candidate for the Rescue staff.

Tibarn -----/18.00  63 30 11 31 24 24 26 19 Beak				

Comes way too late to do anything useful. Resolve/Wrath Ike had Endgame in the bag.

Edited by Peppy