Jump to content
Gordin

Do you think it's possible for Koei Techmo to be working on warriors 2 right now?

Recommended Posts

Since they've finished up co-working on 3H, and don't seem to have picked up too many projects since, do you think it's possible for them to be working already on Warriors 2 for a 2021 release? Or are they still too busy? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its a reasonably safe bet. A lot of their projects such as Persona Scramble, Pirate Warriors and the Orochi expansion are done so a lot more hands will be available now, and Koei is a company that always has something in the production pipeline. 

So its very likely they are working on something. Probably not Dynasty Warriors 10 since the last one was recent and a bit of a trainwreck so they'll probably want to do some soul searching. Its possible their new product will be Samurai Warriors 5 or a new Franchise Warriors. If its a Franchise Warriors then Fire Emblem would be pretty likely. It sold well, Koei said they were happy with it and Fire Emblem is now even bigger then it was when the first FE Warriors came out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope so, cuz I've been waiting a very long time for a FEW2 featuring Tellius, Elibe, and Valentia characters, and having the Three Houses cast also sounds very good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Possible, but don't be surprised if it ends up being Three Houses Warriors like Persona 5 Scramble, maybe with a bonus character or two thrown in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Florete said:

Possible, but don't be surprised if it ends up being Three Houses Warriors like Persona 5 Scramble, maybe with a bonus character or two thrown in.

But it won't be, they said Ike and Roy would appear in it and that probably means Tellius and Elibe are big focuses. Though I'd prefer Tellius, TH, and Echoes or Magvel.

Anyway, I hope they are working on the game, I'm dying for Ike to be in a Warriors game.

Edited by Anacybele

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

But it won't be, they said Ike and Roy would appear in it and that probably means Tellius and Elibe are big focuses. Though I'd prefer Tellius, TH, and Echoes or Magvel.

Anyway, I hope they are working on the game, I'm dying for Ike to be in a Warriors game.

They said they wanted to, not that they definitely would, and that was also before 3H was such a huge success.

Just sayin'. I want Tellius and Elibe myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Florete said:

They said they wanted to, not that they definitely would, and that was also before 3H was such a huge success.

Just sayin'. I want Tellius and Elibe myself.

I don't see why they still wouldn't include them at this point though. Everyone's expecting them, and Ike and Roy are both very popular, with Ike arguably being the most popular period. Pretty sure there'd be quite a bit of backlash if they weren't in it.

Edited by Anacybele

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's less a question of time frame and more a question of can they work right now with the state of the world as it currently is. It sounds like people are still going to work in Japan at the moment, but we don't know how the situation may change in the near future. And Japan is a country unlike the US in that very few people work from home on any regular basis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Omega Force seem to be busy now with One Piece Pirate Warriors 4. I'm not so well versed in their dev cycles but should't it be time for Samurai Warriors 5 after that? That said they usually are able to churn out 3 - 4 titles a year, so FEW is not out of question but it's really hard to say since they have so many series under their belt (Toukiden, Hyrule Warriors, AOT33, a new Musou crossover - all of those qualify for a new entry imo). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, know_naim said:

Omega Force seem to be busy now with One Piece Pirate Warriors 4. I'm not so well versed in their dev cycles but should't it be time for Samurai Warriors 5 after that? That said they usually are able to churn out 3 - 4 titles a year, so FEW is not out of question but it's really hard to say since they have so many series under their belt (Toukiden, Hyrule Warriors, AOT33, a new Musou crossover - all of those qualify for a new entry imo). 

Not really Hyrule Warriors honestly, cuz there's not much to really add in a sequel at this point tbh. The only big characters you could really include at this point are the BotW champions and Vaati. That's not enough to justify a whole new sequel. That's why I'm more partial to getting a Fire Emblem Warriors 2 than a Hyrule Warriors 2, cuz there's so many more characters from other games you could add in a FEW2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

Not really Hyrule Warriors honestly, cuz there's not much to really add in a sequel at this point tbh. The only big characters you could really include at this point are the BotW champions and Vaati. That's not enough to justify a whole new sequel. That's why I'm more partial to getting a Fire Emblem Warriors 2 than a Hyrule Warriors 2, cuz there's so many more characters from other games you could add in a FEW2.

On a more subjective note I'd also say that a sequel for Hyrule Warriors takes less precedence because Hyrule Warriors gloriously succeeded in everything it tried to do. Zelda and the Warriors series were not a natural fit but thanks to some very solid choices of the development team it was a great success. 

Fire Emblem Warriors on the other hand was a flawed work at best despite the combination of Fire Emblem and the Warriors series being a much more natural fit. Hyrule Warriors completed every ambition its crossover could want while Fire Emblem Warriors never even had the base ambition to attempt it. 

We got everything we could want out of Hyrule Warriors and several things we didn't even know we wanted but Fire Emblem Warriors is still missing the barest of essentials. As such Hyrule Warriors 2 is a luxury while Fire Emblem Warriors 2 is a more essential project. 

9 hours ago, Florete said:

Possible, but don't be surprised if it ends up being Three Houses Warriors like Persona 5 Scramble, maybe with a bonus character or two thrown in.

That's possible but I think such a decision can be easily justified. A Three Houses Warriors should logically be very easy to make. Three Houses already used the Warriors engine and all models and stages should already be accountable for. A Three Houses Warriors can be a very easy port job. If they are clear on it from the beginning and justify it as  small project to make use of all their leftover assets then I see no problem with that. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's very possible. Both Omega Force and Team Ninja have blown their load, freeing up tons of staff to move onto new projects. Here's a summary of what has recently been released:

 

WO4 Ultimate

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 final dlc

One Piece Pirate Warriors 4

Nioh 2

Persona 5 Scramble (JP only)

 

 

 

And all we know about on the horizon is Samurai Warriors 5.

Edited by Etheus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

We got everything we could want out of Hyrule Warriors and several things we didn't even know we wanted but Fire Emblem Warriors is still missing the barest of essentials. As such Hyrule Warriors 2 is a luxury while Fire Emblem Warriors 2 is a more essential project.

True, but you can use that exact statement as an argument for a Hyrule Warriors sequel. Precisely because they have the formula locked down, it's such a likely contender imo. Just slap a new storyline on it, promote with a new original protag, viola: easy money. Combined sales numbers of all the HW versions were unexpectedly high, that's also not to be underestimated when talking about greenlighting platform exclusive games. 

Then again, if there is any series that can go crazy with its ideas it's Warriors. I would have never guessed that a Persona 5 Musou of all things would happen. So how about an Orochi style Hyrule x Fire Emblem Warriors game? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/31/2020 at 12:53 AM, know_naim said:

True, but you can use that exact statement as an argument for a Hyrule Warriors sequel. Precisely because they have the formula locked down, it's such a likely contender imo. Just slap a new storyline on it, promote with a new original protag, viola: easy money. Combined sales numbers of all the HW versions were unexpectedly high, that's also not to be underestimated when talking about greenlighting platform exclusive games. 

Then again, if there is any series that can go crazy with its ideas it's Warriors. I would have never guessed that a Persona 5 Musou of all things would happen. So how about an Orochi style Hyrule x Fire Emblem Warriors game? 

I'll raise you one Orochi style Fire Emblem x Hyrule x Xenoblade style game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Etheus said:

I'll raise you one Orochi style Fire Emblem x Hyrule x Xenoblade style game.

Hmm I would prefer a proper persona Warriors not just P5 Warriors(the p3 crew needs more love) and a proper dragon quest warriors as well. Don’t get me wrong I enjoyed DQ Heroes 2 but... like most KT crossovers the roster was severely lacking 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ciphertul said:

Hmm I would prefer a proper persona Warriors not just P5 Warriors(the p3 crew needs more love) and a proper dragon quest warriors as well. Don’t get me wrong I enjoyed DQ Heroes 2 but... like most KT crossovers the roster was severely lacking 

Yeah. The problem with P5S was that it became a canon sequel to P5. Super restrictive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Etheus said:

Yeah. The problem with P5S was that it became a canon sequel to P5. Super restrictive.

I don’t know why the just couldn’t of made it a Persona Q style but as a Warriors game. I can’t be the only one who wants the ojou dream team of Mitsuru, Yukiko and Haru. But I truly would like to see a better FE Warriors first 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Etheus said:

Yeah. The problem with P5S was that it became a canon sequel to P5. Super restrictive.

Not entirely restrictive. The other Persona games seem to take place in the same continuity as Persona 5, just in different locations across Japan. The premise of the Phantom Thieves having a roadtrip across Japan seems ideal for them to go meet the characters from other Persona games. 

They could have done it but apparently just didn't want to. 

Quote

I'll raise you one Orochi style Fire Emblem x Hyrule x Xenoblade style game.

I'll raise it even further. A Smash style Warriors Orochi with all Nintendo casts being playable. 

 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Etrurian emperor said:

Not entirely restrictive. The other Persona games seem to take place in the same continuity as Persona 5, just in different locations across Japan. The premise of the Phantom Thieves having a roadtrip across Japan seems ideal for them to go meet the characters from other Persona games. 

They could have done it but apparently just didn't want to. 

Not exactly, this is wrong thread but they take part in different years too, and we have no idea which year P5 is set in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ciphertul said:

I don’t know why the just couldn’t of made it a Persona Q style but as a Warriors game. I can’t be the only one who wants the ojou dream team of Mitsuru, Yukiko and Haru. But I truly would like to see a better FE Warriors first 

I'm with you. I'd rather have a dream crossover than a canon sequel to a game that didn't need a canon sequel.

 

That said... spending more time with best girl Makoto. Cough.

 

 

And to keep things on topic, I hope the same would be true for any FE Warriors sequel. I don't want it to be constrained by continuity with FEW1 or any mainline game. I just want my dream team, because that's what Warriors games are all about.

Edited by Etheus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Etheus said:

I'm with you. I'd rather have a dream crossover than a canon sequel to a game that didn't need a canon sequel.

 

That said... spending more time with best girl Makoto. Cough.

 

 

And to keep things on topic, I hope the same would be true for any FE Warriors sequel. I don't want it to be constrained by continuity with FEW1 or any mainline game. I just want my dream team, because that's what Warriors games are all about.

Oh one hundred percent behind you, but even if it follows the FEW1 continuity they could still add in a large number( or vary amount based on personal preference) characters in the game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Etheus said:

And to keep things on topic, I hope the same would be true for any FE Warriors sequel. I don't want it to be constrained by continuity with FEW1 or any mainline game. I just want my dream team, because that's what Warriors games are all about.

I especially don't want things to get constrained by the continuity of FEW1. The lemon twins get a bad rap but I think they are fine. Seeing them all grown up again in a FE2 could even end up being very fine. But they are the only thing in Aytolis that have any merit to them. Both Aytolis and Grimstone are non entities that you really can't craft a proper story out of. We don't even know what Grimstone is and what their deal is aside from them being an evil kingdom. 

Ditching Aytolis and Grimstone in favor of an Orochi style plot where some evil badguy fuses the realm works much better. It can even bring the lemon twins back again without Aytolis dragging them down. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I especially don't want things to get constrained by the continuity of FEW1. The lemon twins get a bad rap but I think they are fine. Seeing them all grown up again in a FE2 could even end up being very fine. But they are the only thing in Aytolis that have any merit to them. Both Aytolis and Grimstone are non entities that you really can't craft a proper story out of. We don't even know what Grimstone is and what their deal is aside from them being an evil kingdom. 

Ditching Aytolis and Grimstone in favor of an Orochi style plot where some evil badguy fuses the realm works much better. It can even bring the lemon twins back again without Aytolis dragging them down. 

It's funny because Heroes has a better crossover setup. And would make for a great setting for a Warriors game, minus the scummy microtransactions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I especially don't want things to get constrained by the continuity of FEW1. The lemon twins get a bad rap but I think they are fine. Seeing them all grown up again in a FE2 could even end up being very fine. But they are the only thing in Aytolis that have any merit to them. Both Aytolis and Grimstone are non entities that you really can't craft a proper story out of. We don't even know what Grimstone is and what their deal is aside from them being an evil kingdom. 

Ditching Aytolis and Grimstone in favor of an Orochi style plot where some evil badguy fuses the realm works much better. It can even bring the lemon twins back again without Aytolis dragging them down. 

Honestly I was truly hoping for an Orochi style game when I first heard of FEW, but... that was pretty much what it was. You had Caslte Sol which was just the hoshido castle and the other is just Nohr’s capitan under different names

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Etheus said:
3 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

 

It's funny because Heroes has a better crossover setup. And would make for a great setting for a Warriors game, minus the scummy microtransactions

Yes. Askr and Embla aren't particularly developed. We for instance don't know their locations, but we at least know what they are about and why they are fighting. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...