Do you think it's possible for Koei Techmo to be working on warriors 2 right now?

Gordin

I would also like for them to not attempt to retell major story beats of their story games. FEW1 attempted to basically retell Fates and Awakening. 

It would be better to just have an original, if silly Orochi style story. Orochi doesn't attempt to retell the Romance of the Three Kingdoms - it's the only chance KT has to use the DW characters without being constrained by history.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing that a FE Warriors should take over from the Orochi series is giving more minor characters their due. Within reason of course. 

Warriors Orochi is typically very good at sidelining the usual main characters and giving the spotlight to people who otherwise don't get it. WO3 is a very good example. Hanbei was popular when he was introduced but thanks to his historical role he also couldn't really do anything in the Samurai Warriors series. To adress that he's the main Samurai Warrior in WO3 and the other one is Kai who's an officer in a pretty minor clan. In an earlier Orochi game the starring role went to Sun Ce who in Dynasty Warriors usually dies immediately in the storyline. WO4 sadly seems to have been an exception since they just shoved the usual main characters into the starring roles again. 

But a FE Warriors can try to replicate that. Lyn obviously gets the short end of the stick in Blazing Sword so making her one of the main characters could work. Or giving Elincia a heavy dose of preference over Ike. 

4 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

One thing that a FE Warriors should take over from the Orochi series is giving more minor characters their due. Within reason of course. 

Warriors Orochi is typically very good at sidelining the usual main characters and giving the spotlight to people who otherwise don't get it. WO3 is a very good example. Hanbei was popular when he was introduced but thanks to his historical role he also couldn't really do anything in the Samurai Warriors series. To adress that he's the main Samurai Warrior in WO3 and the other one is Kai who's an officer in a pretty minor clan. In an earlier Orochi game the starring role went to Sun Ce who in Dynasty Warriors usually dies immediately in the storyline. WO4 sadly seems to have been an exception since they just shoved the usual main characters into the starring roles again. 

But a FE Warriors can try to replicate that. Lyn obviously gets the short end of the stick in Blazing Sword so making her one of the main characters could work. Or giving Elincia a heavy dose of preference over Ike. 

Popularity is still a major deciding factor. So no, Elincia wouldn't have a heavy preference over Ike.

More realistically, we'd see characters like Lysithea and Lyn having a huge increase in story influence over what they would normally have. But popular lords like Ike, the House Lords, and Lucina would still be story frontrunners because they are also very popular.

I’m still firmly in the Magvel camp, SS all the way. But I mean with echoes small cast  they really wouldn’t even need to be a major choice. I don’t mean that in a bad way

Edited by ciphertul

On 3/30/2020 at 6:13 AM, Florete said:

Possible, but don't be surprised if it ends up being Three Houses Warriors like Persona 5 Scramble, maybe with a bonus character or two thrown in.

well, at least they were honest enough to specify that it's "Persona 5 Scramble", and not "Persona Scramble except 'Oops! All Persona 5'"

anyway, although i'm not 100% sure they're already working on it, i'm inclined to believe they're at least planning something about it

as far as game representation goes, i think it's pretty safe to assume a big chunk of the roster would be 3H because recency and popularity bias (i expect around 10 characters being only 3H), then a bit of Tellius to at least justify Ike's mere presence (i still strongly believe IntSys has not enough confidence in Tellius in general, so i'd say 2/3 characters at most), maybe some Valentia characters (again 2/3 characters at most), Elibe (5/6 characters at most) and, i don't know, Magvel (Erika and Ephraim), and Jugdral (only Sigurd because lol)

Edited by Yexin

Personally I think they were waiting for Three Houses to release before starting work on Warriors 2. They'll want to see what 3H characters end up being popular after all.

Fódlan, Tellius, and Elibe will be the focus games, and Alm and the Renais twins can be bonus characters if there are any. KT obviously can't get away with excluding Roy and Ike again, and none of the games have ten "main characters" like Fates does so hopefully representation will be more equal. Though I would guess that Three Houses will get more than the other two, even if it has only four "necessary" characters.

While it's probably pretty up there, on priority, I think that FE warriors 2 Techmo Warriors #FE is still a few games away. With current events, and DW10 being not great, I don't think we will see a Techmo game until November/December, and certainly not FE Warriors. 

Cmon pokemon conquest 2, cmon Pokemon conquest 2

1 hour ago, Etheus said:
1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I especially don't want things to get constrained by the continuity of FEW1. The lemon twins get a bad rap but I think they are fine. Seeing them all grown up again in a FE2 could even end up being very fine. But they are the only thing in Aytolis that have any merit to them. Both Aytolis and Grimstone are non entities that you really can't craft a proper story out of. We don't even know what Grimstone is and what their deal is aside from them being an evil kingdom. 

Ditching Aytolis and Grimstone in favor of an Orochi style plot where some evil badguy fuses the realm works much better. It can even bring the lemon twins back again without Aytolis dragging them down. 

And to keep things on topic, I hope the same would be true for any FE Warriors sequel. I don't want it to be constrained by continuity with FEW1 or any mainline game. I just want my dream team, because that's what Warriors games are all about.

If FEW2 has to be in continuity in the first game, I'd rather Darios as the protagonist instead of the Lemon Twins again. They left his fate rather ambiguous, and a sequel could be about him trying to find a way back to his home world with the help of characters from previously unrepresented games like Elibe, Tellius, Valentia, and 3H

As for what games I think would be the focus, most likely Elibe, Tellius, and Three Houses, though I do hope they include Alm as a bonus character just so Celica is no longer alone.

Edited by Gregster101

Just now, Gregster101 said:

If FEW2 has to be in continuity in the first game, I'd rather Darios as the protagonist instead of the Lemon Twins again. They left his fate rather ambiguous, and a sequel could be about him trying to find a way back to his home world with the help of characters from previously unrepresented games like Elibe, Tellius, Valentia, and 3H

Well, I think Darios is the one exception to continuity. A story including him would be ideal, but otherwise, it should be completely removed from FEW1's setting.

I think they'll increase the scope and have more than three games as the main focuses. After all, it's a sequel, it'd be odd to not increase the scope. I stand by wanting Elibe, Tellius, and Valentia, but I don't see why a fourth focus game couldn't be added; it'd definitely be Three Houses.

The big thing I think would actually annoy people is Roy's role. I'm confident Ike and Tellius will be a focus, and I'm confident Elibe will be as well, but I think Elibe's cast will be more skewed towards Blazing and not Binding. I think Roy will more than likely just be a guest character, while the Blazing trio and their crew will get the Elibe spotlight. I don't think they have confidence in Binding's cast beyond Roy and Lilina.

40 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I think they'll increase the scope and have more than three games as the main focuses. After all, it's a sequel, it'd be odd to not increase the scope. I stand by wanting Elibe, Tellius, and Valentia, but I don't see why a fourth focus game couldn't be added; it'd definitely be Three Houses.

The big thing I think would actually annoy people is Roy's role. I'm confident Ike and Tellius will be a focus, and I'm confident Elibe will be as well, but I think Elibe's cast will be more skewed towards Blazing and not Binding. I think Roy will more than likely just be a guest character, while the Blazing trio and their crew will get the Elibe spotlight. I don't think they have confidence in Binding's cast beyond Roy and Lilina.

They can  justify Roy and Lilina being with the Blazing Sword crew by saying they're from different time periods, similar to Lucina and Owain

I'd guess that yes, there's already development on FEW2 (or at least there was until COVID-19 hit the pause button, and will resume later). As others have said, FEW1 was successful enough for them to want to do a sequel and most of their current projects have wrapped up, on top of Fire Emblem as a whole being even more popular now and Three Houses assets being quick to backport into the Warriors engine.

If it were up to me I'd focus on Shadows of Valentia, Blazing Sword, and Three Houses, with Roy and Ike as standalone bonus characters similar to how Celica and Lyn were last time. I suppose you could "cheat" and lump the two Elibe games together into a single set, but spreading yourself thin between four games, especially when one of them is an utter behemoth like 3H that'll eat up a disproportionate amount of roster slots, is dangerous. I'd prefer they just save a full exploration of Binding Blade (and Path of Radiance and whatever FE17 winds up being) for FEW3.

If at least Elibe and Tellius are in there, I'll be satisfied. Just don't overdo 3H. And really if it were just 3H Warriors, well then at that point why even bother? I wouldn't even buy it. No, I want to see older games get their due because most characters from those continents have yet to enjoy the jump to 3D models and voice acting (though the latter is steadily being remedied thanks to Heroes). This is the big reason why I personally was not satisfied with the cast of FEW1, and is why the Shadow Dragon reps + Lyn--and to an extent Celica, since SoV had just breathed new life into Gaiden--were the most exciting additions that game had.

14 minutes ago, Baron the Shining Blade said:

If at least Elibe and Tellius are in there, I'll be satisfied. Just don't overdo 3H. And really if it were just 3H Warriors, well then at that point why even bother? I wouldn't even buy it. No, I want to see older games get their due because most characters from those continents have yet to enjoy the jump to 3D models and voice acting (though the latter is steadily being remedied thanks to Heroes). This is the big reason why I personally was not satisfied with the cast of FEW1, and is why the Shadow Dragon reps + Lyn--and to an extent Celica, since SoV had just breathed new life into Gaiden--were the most exciting additions that game had.

I can agree to that. As much as I enjoy 3H, I would not want the game to be exclusively focused on it. I want older unrepresented games like Elibe and Tellius to get some deserved attention too.

Warriors 2 would be cool, but honestly if Warriors included at least like 3 characters from each continent, I feel it would've got the job done. But for sure, if Warriors 2 was a thing, I wouldn't want it to just be 3H characters galore like Warriors was to Awakening/Fates. Makes sense cause it's the newest/popular FE at the time but cmon, Elise/Sakura are in Warriors and characters like Ike/Ephraim aren't, who literally love to fight and are protags.

• 1 month later...

So, on the 23rd, there will be a New Game + expo featuring 14 Japanese studios, including Koei Tecmo. We'll probably hear about any in-development Warriors games there. 

Fire Emblem Warriors is unlikely because Nintendo would have to permit them to announce it on that platform.... but... maybe. Just maybe.

1 hour ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

So, on the 23rd, there will be a New Game + expo featuring 14 Japanese studios, including Koei Tecmo. We'll probably hear about any in-development Warriors games there. 

Fire Emblem Warriors is unlikely because Nintendo would have to permit them to announce it on that platform.... but... maybe. Just maybe.

Good work, keep us updated. Only prayer can help us now

2 minutes ago, ciphertul said:

Good work, keep us updated. Only prayer can help us now

I wouldn't lose hope if it doesn't come this year, mind you. The length of time between OPPW3 and OPPW4 was 5 years. And One Piece is one of the best selling Warriors franchises, much to my dismay. (I hate One Piece).

35 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I wouldn't lose hope if it doesn't come this year, mind you. The length of time between OPPW3 and OPPW4 was 5 years. And One Piece is one of the best selling Warriors franchises, much to my dismay. (I hate One Piece).

I get you on both fronts there, but I just like Warriors games enough to stomach it. It may sound odd but I kinda want to play thru 3 houses in the style of a warrior game.

I hope that doesn’t happen with FEW 2, they really need to nail the roster this time

Edited by ciphertul

11 minutes ago, ciphertul said:

I get you on both fronts there, but I just like Warriors games enough to stomach it. It may sound odd but I kinda want to play thru 3 houses in the style of a warrior game.

I hope that doesn’t happen with FEW 2, they really need to nail the roster this time

I can stomach OPPW. I just find that an IP I dislike reduces the value of the game. I picked up OPPW3 on sale for $10 recently, and that's what it's worth to me. The gameplay is good, and I'll play that for the experience, but I can't feel any sense of investment in it.

Conversely, I've put about 300 hours into FEW and have bought copies for others. I want FEW2 even more than another mainline game.

I would also love to play a 3 Houses Warriors, though I hope they don't forget that fans of other games exist like the current FEW basically has.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

Just now, Fabulously Olivier said:

I can stomach OPPW. I just find that an IP I dislike reduces the value of the game. I picked up OPPW3 on sale for $10 recently, and that's what it's worth to me. The gameplay is good, and I'll play that for the experience, but I can't feel in investment in it.

Conversely, I've put about 300 hours into FEW and have bought copies for others. I want FEW2 even more than another mainline game.

I would also love to play a 3 Houses Warriors, though I hope they don't forget that fans of other games exist like the current FEW basically has.

Again, I agree with you on all fronts, but the only thing I would prefer over FEW 2 would be a sacred stones remake. I don’t particularly care for One Piece either but the game was pretty fun.

I would love to see so many of the 3H chapters in a hack n slash style. Both Gronders, battle for the monastery, heck even the remire tragedy  

Just now, ciphertul said:

Again, I agree with you on all fronts, but the only thing I would prefer over FEW 2 would be a sacred stones remake. I don’t particularly care for One Piece either but the game was pretty fun.

I would love to see so many of the 3H chapters in a hack n slash style. Both Gronders, battle for the monastery, heck even the remire tragedy  

I love Sacred Stones. So, that would be good by me. And it's so damn close to being a great FE game. It wouldn't require nearly the work that an FE4 remake would. Just modern art, a couple more difficulty settings, and QoL. 

4 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I love Sacred Stones. So, that would be good by me. And it's so damn close to being a great FE game. It wouldn't require nearly the work that an FE4 remake would. Just modern art, a couple more difficulty settings, and QoL. 

You have read mine mind, but sadly I see neither a SS remake or many if any magvel characters in FEW2. I feel it will be Fodlan, Tellius and Elibe... don’t you?