Do you think it's possible for Koei Techmo to be working on warriors 2 right now?

Gordin

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

51 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

As much as I'd hope for FEW2 on the 27th, I'm guessing Nintendo would rather reveal any further Warriors collabs on their own presentations. A third-party collaborator showing it off on their own would be weird for them.

I agree. It's been a weird year though. 

Chances are, it will be some combination of:

DW10

SW5

DW Strikeforce, Godeseekers or other similar spinoff of DW

New licensed spinoff

1 hour ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I agree. It's been a weird year though. 

Chances are, it will be some combination of:

DW10

SW5

DW Strikeforce, Godeseekers or other similar spinoff of DW

New licensed spinoff

Or against all odds... maybe just maybe another Bladestorm style game

Welp, Hyrule Warriors is getting a followup. A canon one.

This means good things for the potential of a FE Warriors follow up. But I really hope that they don't go the canon route. Because limiting your story, stages, and roster isn't great when the first game failed so profoundly at fanservice.

9 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

This means good things for the potential of a FE Warriors follow up. But I really hope that they don't go the canon route. Because limiting your story, stages, and roster isn't great when the first game failed so profoundly at fanservice.

Think there's any opening in 3H for a Musou prequel/sequel? Interquel set between chapters 12 and 13?

Genealogy, if thats in the remake works, sounds like it'd be infinitely more fun as a Musou than as FE4 itself great done in Musou form some way. Playing as the 12 Crusaders? If next FE out of IS isn't a remake, I'd think they'd wait to see how it sells before sending Koei the order to Musou it.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

24 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Think there's any opening in 3H for a Musou prequel/sequel? Interquel set between chapters 12 and 13?

Genealogy, if thats in the remake works, sounds like it'd be infinitely more fun as a Musou than as FE4 itself great done in Musou form some way. Playing as the 12 Crusaders? If next FE out of IS isn't a remake, I'd think they'd wait to see how it sells before sending Koei the order to Musou it.

It would be 3H just because it's built on the FEW engine. Unless they also do the same with other future FE games.

A sequel is profoundly unlikely because picking a canon route results in a high body count regardless of route picked. And no one wants to see major characters unplayable. I see three possible openings:

1 - A Nemesis v Seiros prequel. But this would ruin the point by removing most of the playable characters.

2 - A midquel set in the 5 year interval between pre and post timeskip. This is far more likely. This would only cut Byleth as a playable character.

3. A Warriors recreation of the 3H story (why?).

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

12 minutes ago, know_naim said:

I guess the dream is dead for now, since KoeiTecmo and Nintendo just announced a new Hyrule Warriors entry. 

That just means that it isn't being worked on right now. Unless say, Omega Force is doing one and Team Ninja is doing the other or if either is being split to work on multiple games at once (I don't know how big they are!).

But on the flip side, it does mean that Nintendo is still licensing warriors games and that sequels to their warriors game are on the table. Both are good news for us.

8 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

That just means that it isn't being worked on right now.

That's what I mean - we aren't getting FEW2 anytime soon, as we've been speculating on how busy Omega Force were with other entries like Persona 5 Scramble, new Samurai/Dynasty Warriors and such.

And regarding Team Ninja, if you look at the credits on mobygames.com for example it doesn't seem like they really split the work into two teams rather than just assigning whoever is available at the moment to take lead roles. I'd assume Hayashi is supervising multiple projects with TN being busy developing next gen DOA and whatever follows up to Nioh 2, leaving OF to handle the bulk of development for Hyrule Warriors.  

10 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

It would be 3H just because it's built on the FEW engine. Unless they also do the same with other future FE games.

A sequel is profoundly unlikely because picking a canon route results in a high body count regardless of route picked. And no one wants to see major characters unplayable. I see three possible openings:

1 - A Nemesis v Seiros prequel. But this would ruin the point by removing most of the playable characters.

2 - A midquel set in the 5 year interval between pre and post timeskip. This is far more likely. This would only cut Byleth as a playable character.

3. A Warriors recreation of the 3H story (why?).

It occurs to me that they could do both a canon story and a roster fix with the choice 2 midquel. The story features all 3H characters except for Byleth and Rhea.

Byleth is unlocked by finishing any of the 3 story paths.

Rhea is unlocked through the Nemesis war history battle.

Characters from other games, old and new, are unlocked via history mode and any other alternate game modes.

Also, until FEW2 happens, I will keep doing what I have been for years. Seeding the internet with threads, mentions, reddit posts, etc. to keep the dream alive and create as much demand as I can.

31 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

It didn't for Warriors 1. Just saying.

Not that Heroes OC's are better. The only good ones it produced were Book 1.

Good thing the Book 1 OCs are most prominent then like Alfonse and Veronica.

Warriors 1 happened when Heroes cared to be fair. At this point, they would 100% add any new character that releases in any sort of Fire Emblem content. It happened with #FE Encore. If Warriors 2 happened Rowan and Lianna are 100% being shoved in Heroes, which shouldn't happen as they don't deserve a future.

Edited by Seazas

1 hour ago, Seazas said:

Good thing the Book 1 OCs are most prominent then like Alfonse and Veronica.

Warriors 1 happened when Heroes cared to be fair. At this point, they would 100% add any new character that releases in any sort of Fire Emblem content. It happened with #FE Encore. If Warriors 2 happened Rowan and Lianna are 100% being shoved in Heroes, which shouldn't happen as they don't deserve a future.

Encore was good stfu. They deserved to be in feh. Look at the cyl4 results. Don't you dare compare glorious encore to Shittywan and Boreianna

Edited by Gordin

1 minute ago, Gordin said:

Encore was good stfu. They deserved to be in feh. Look at the cyl4 results. Don't you dare compare glorious encore to Shittywan and Boreianna

I don't even think Lianna is an especially bad lord. She's cheerful and booksmart (or so the game says). In practice, she's basically diet Eirika.

Now, Narut- I mean Rowan, is godawful. He's easily the worst lord in anything FE.

4 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I don't even think Lianna is an especially bad lord. She's cheerful and booksmart (or so the game says). In practice, she's basically diet Eirika.

Now, Narut- I mean Rowan, is godawful. He's easily the worst lord in anything FE.

She's not bad, she's just boring and doesn't have anything to her. If the game showed us some of her smarts, I'd be like okay she has that going for her but right now she's just...there. Boring

I always suspected that a Three Houses Warriors game could be in the cards due to Koei already having all of the assets for such a game. Them making a BOTW prequel or Persona sequel implies they don't mind focusing on just one game. The latest announcement just makes me think a Warriors game focusing solely on Three Houses is even more likely. 

Its not the outcome I'd be rooting for but I could live with such a game. 

4 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I always suspected that a Three Houses Warriors game could be in the cards due to Koei already having all of the assets for such a game. Them making a BOTW prequel or Persona sequel implies they don't mind focusing on just one game. The latest announcement just makes me think a Warriors game focusing solely on Three Houses is even more likely. 

Its not the outcome I'd be rooting for but I could live with such a game. 

If nothing else, 3H Warriors would have excellent weapon balance.

I think it's fair to say Koei wouldn't have any problems writing a 3H midquel. How to make an epic war without an epic resolution defines the Three Kingdoms, which I've seen some suggest is already basically what Three Houses is, with Cao Edelgard, Liu Dimitri, and Sun Claude and no this does not mean Sima Byleth. And that of course makes the structure very readily capable of being copied too (IDK enough about 3H to know where the Church would fit in, as the Other unplayable faction or assimilated into the other routes, or as a fourth playable faction).

2 hours ago, Gordin said:

Woah, Woah, Woah. Relax, I didn't mean it as an insult to Encore. TMS is alright since it gives the proper respect Archanea deserves than the shameful display Warriors provided. Intsys adding TMS into Heroes shows that they're willing to add anything into Fire Emblem Heroes since TMS is a side game that didn't sell that well. 

At least we agree Lianna and Rowan suck. Those miserable excuses of protagonists are the worst we ever had.

1 hour ago, Florete said:

I don't like Rowan at all...but I'd take him over Alfonse any day.

Alfonse >>> Rowan. Alfonse at least showcases his smarts in the story something Rowan's stupid little sister never did. Along with that, Alfonse at worst is just inoffensive and isn't an annoying ugly looking turd like Rowan.

Edited by Seazas

1 minute ago, Seazas said:

Alfonse >>> Rowan. Alfonse at least showcases his smarts in the story something Rowan's stupid little sister never did. Along with that, Alfonse at worst is just inoffensive and isn't an annoying ugly looking turd.

I mean, I don't want to turn this into an Alfonse vs Rowan debate, but Rowan is the one who is just inoffensive at worst. You can just choose to not use him and more-or-less ignore his existence entirely (which I did), something I can't do with Alfonse when playing Heroes because his stupid face shows up everywhere. Him "showcasing his smarts" is one of my biggest gripes with him, he gets so much favoritism in the story I can't stand to even read it anymore.

And what the hell does "Rowan's stupid little sister" have to do with Rowan himself?

9 minutes ago, Florete said:

I mean, I don't want to turn this into an Alfonse vs Rowan debate, but Rowan is the one who is just inoffensive at worst. You can just choose to not use him and more-or-less ignore his existence entirely (which I did), something I can't do with Alfonse when playing Heroes because his stupid face shows up everywhere. Him "showcasing his smarts" is one of my biggest gripes with him, he gets so much favoritism in the story I can't stand to even read it anymore.

And what the hell does "Rowan's stupid little sister" have to do with Rowan himself?

Except Rowan is still canonically apart of the story so I have to see him and his ugly design + annoying attitude no matter what. And he showcases his stupid knight gimmick all the time in the story. We are glued to Rowan and Lianna and their mediocre writing with them having the center stage all the time. While everyone else flips flops out of the spotlight. Your point falls flat since we can also not use Alfonse and due to Heroes' story being minimal, we see a lot less of Alfonse than we do with Rowan and Lianna, who have boatloads of writing and main story action. After all, they ARE supposed to be the main leads.

Alfonse having favoritism doesn't make him a worse character nor detract from his okay writing. That's on Intsys' poor handling of the cast, Alfonse getting heat for that is ridiculous. He showcases his traits and grows as a character, his arc overall being decent and solidifying his position as the main lord of Heroes. Naturally he'd have more writing than others since he's THE main lord of Heroes, not mediocre one offs like Fjorm or Eir.

Edited by Seazas

36 minutes ago, Seazas said:

Your point falls flat since we can also not use Alfonse and due to Heroes' story being minimal, we see a lot less of Alfonse than we do with Rowan and Lianna, who have boatloads of writing and main story action.

Uh, Alfonse definitely has more main story action than Lianna and Rowan (4 books worth), and you can skip Warriors' story, too. Alfonse also has significantly more side story content than they do since their game, well, ends.

24 minutes ago, Seazas said:

Alfonse having favoritism doesn't make him a worse character nor detract from his okay writing.

But it does consistently make things more annoying when you don't like him, like me. Which is what I said in the first place. When I dislike them both, I prefer a character whose existence I can just ignore to one who's shoved in my face all the time via things like Mjolnir's Strike. They even made the big bad of every book green for him.

Personally I think "okay writing" is giving Alfonse too much credit, I find him to be incredibly boring and horribly realized, just a product of basic male power fantasy.

33 minutes ago, Seazas said:

Naturally he'd have more writing than others since he's THE main lord of Heroes, not mediocre one offs like Fjorm or Eir.

Alfonse always being the glory hog when the story is supposed to be about someone else, even a "mediocre one off" (maybe they wouldn't be so mediocre if they'd actually been given a chance), might be the worst aspect of his existence. Even Rowan doesn't do that.

5 hours ago, Florete said:

Uh, Alfonse definitely has more main story action than Lianna and Rowan (4 books worth), and you can skip Warriors' story, too. Alfonse also has significantly more side story content than they do since their game, well, ends.

But it does consistently make things more annoying when you don't like him, like me. Which is what I said in the first place. When I dislike them both, I prefer a character whose existence I can just ignore to one who's shoved in my face all the time via things like Mjolnir's Strike. They even made the big bad of every book green for him.

Personally I think "okay writing" is giving Alfonse too much credit, I find him to be incredibly boring and horribly realized, just a product of basic male power fantasy.

Alfonse always being the glory hog when the story is supposed to be about someone else, even a "mediocre one off" (maybe they wouldn't be so mediocre if they'd actually been given a chance), might be the worst aspect of his existence. Even Rowan doesn't do that.

Alfonse isn't the star of the show in those side stories however, he's usually just... there and if that's somehow bad then I have bad news for you regarding Warriors History Maps and Supports. Also, 4 booksworth isn't saying much since Heroes' dialogue and story in those are ridiculously short. Rowan and Lianna's beginning sequence has more dialogue than half of Book 1 if not all of it lmao.

I find it okay since Alfonse isn't a super powerful character, just competent with allies like Kiran to keep the team afloat. 

Not his fault, Intsys rushes their stories since Fjorm and Eir definitely are treated as the main stars of their book, not Alfonse. With their special beef and connections to the main villain of each book and all. They just try to force each book to match a schedule. Alfonse is still a better character and less insufferable than Rowan. Better to be boring than an annoying twat who the story centers around anyway.

Edited by Seazas