What is something you wanted to do, but can't right now because of the virus?

JubileePhoenix

• JubileePhoenix changed the title to What is something you wanted to do, but can't right now because of the virus?
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, not a lot has been affected- I'm doing better work for my classes from home than I was at college, and I'm having better sleep and eating better food. And my spring break was right before all this started so I was able to do a whole bunch of fun stuff with my friends. All that I've really been upset about is all the movies getting delayed. I was really looking forward to seeing Wonder Woman 1984 (I'm a huge dc nerd) but that got delayed, and poor New Mutants is literally never going to come out now. If you don't know the story with that one, TLDR it started production many, many years ago and got hit by delay after delay and then the fox-disney merger, and we thought it was finally coming to theaters for sure but then a pandemic happened and I'm starting to think we're not meant to see this movie.

Leave my house and go to a store.  With me being an at risk person I have been stuck at home for 3 weeks already and I only have more at home time to look forward to since my city was put in lock down last week.   

Just driving my car and shop. I mean, I can right now, but there is nowhere for me to drive to, and if I shop right now, it would mostly just be window shopping (which is not a good idea) since I still have plenty of food at home.

• School
  • School band trip
  • School quebec trip
  • My sister's graduation
  • Orchestra
  • Concerts

No, I'm not bitter at all! I AM NOT BITTER!!! AAAAARGHGHH!

Stay away from people.

Seriously. I work at an "essential" store (maybe 10% of our stock is essential) and we're getting more people than ever. They're completely ignoring warnings and instead just treating the situation like a staycation and buying whatever random bullshit they can at the stores that are still open.

People suck.

Oh yeah, hanging out with my friends. I have not seen them in like... about a month now? I avoided heading out 2 weeks before the stay at home order was announced cause I experienced minor coughing (it lasted only a night and the next morning, so it was probably just dust or something I breathed), so I am pretty sure it was nothing, but I wanted to limit contact as much as possible just as a precaution. Then the stay at home order was announced so I cannot see my friends until the order is lifted.

17 minutes ago, Florete said:

Stay away from people.

Seriously. I work at an "essential" store (maybe 10% of our stock is essential) and we're getting more people than ever. They're completely ignoring warnings and instead just treating the situation like a staycation and buying whatever random bullshit they can at the stores that are still open.

People suck.

Around here they're limiting how much can be sold to a single person at a time I believe the bread's limited to 2 loaves per person or something like that. I'm bringing that up because it might be wise to try and get things limited to how you can distribute them so that it reduces traffic or something.

4 minutes ago, XRay said:

Oh yeah, hanging out with my friends.

Effectively this. I don't usually go out much and my friends visiting me is really the form of contact that keeps me sane.

It's been about a week and I'm just blasting through Pokémon games to distract myself. I'm already on my 3rd game!

2 minutes ago, Light Strategist said:

Around here they're limiting how much can be sold to a single person at a time I believe the bread's limited to 2 loaves per person or something like that. I'm bringing that up because it might be wise to try and get things limited to how you can distribute them so that it reduces traffic or something.

We had limits on stuff. All that stuff sold out.

Go out to dinner, go on dates, hang with friends, eat free lunch at work. I'd be a couple weeks into a play I was rehearsing too, which was postponed.

. . .dude, this is the second Serious Discussion topic. . .that isn't serious or discussion.  Please read the sticky before posting a third one.

Well this was my first year of university, so all that's gone down the drain now. I was only a month in when they announced that everything was going online, so that sucks.

It was worse for a bunch of my friends, their uni started later than mine so they only got like half a month.

And I know a bunch of people in the year below, who are probably going to have their graduation severely impacted, not to mention the social aspect of their last year at high school has been completely cut out (no formals, etc)

Non-school related, well, I don't really leave the house much anyway. My friends pretty quickly switched to online calls to catch up every once in a while. So I'm good on that front.

Finishing my fire training, I still need to do my live burn and hazmat, but that got canceled 

and Playing Magic The Gathering 

My friends and I liked to play locally at the game store, but they're only open to sell.

Local card game nights at my local gaming store, its only a 10 minute walk from where I live.

Every monday and friday the local tabletop game store stayed open for meeting up, playing magic the gathering and yugioh, which i've been going to every night for the past 7 years. Sadly they won't be doing these for quite some time.

Wanted to buy another console... oh and food, that's one's important. Forced to go at the minimarket, where you can't fing anything.

My town is veeeeeery deserted, it's kind depressing. Truth to be told, it seems where I live isn't really touched-did not receive special papers and such- which make the responsible comportement of everyone even more remarkable !

Leaving my house and go to the stores like I always do.

I'm surprised the warehouse where I work at is still open despite of it all.

Edited by Faustino

That's probably hazard, but few days before confinement, some of my friends use to talk again to me, even if we don't since years or months. So I planned to hang out with one of those friend. I often take a walk to the village I live in, but actually don't.... Even if I probably could cause it's not a big village, but most of the population is old, so I will not take the risk to go in, if ever I'm a asymptomatic carrier of the virus, not to contaminate anyone. During holidays, there are sometimes SSBU tournaments in a media library close to my home, I never went to one, but a friend told me there is only young childs on it wanted to go to it for show them how good I play.  So, if there were one, I would to go to it with this friend. But there is this confinement that is during a looooooooooong time.