What is something you wanted to do, but can't right now because of the virus?

JubileePhoenix

Experience my quirky and weird classmates. Although I didn't realize this until now, School was often really fun. And while being confined does allow for more quiet and thoughtful things, sometimes you just need some extrovert screaming some bullcrap through the room... in a strange way, it makes me be even more calm then I would be on my own.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stay home and get paid :V

But my job is an essential service so i have to continue working.

Honestly, my life hasn't changed much. I'm very much a homebody and as long as i get to take walks i don't think I'll feel too affected. I do miss the occasional friend visit or coffee time.

Freakin' TRAVEL. My folks and I were supposed to go to Kalahari indoor waterpark in Sandusky, Ohio next week. But that's probably not happening. Also, many planes have been grounded and it's highly advised to stay home, obviously.

Then in early-ish May, I was supposed to attend the Pokemon GO Safari Zone event in Philadelphia. But that's been postponed.

Edited by Anacybele

Go out to a store and get supplies. Its kinda hard since new restrictions are getting implemented. I mean you could do it still but during this time its way too risky for your safety and I'd have to shop quickly and not linger around.

On 3/29/2020 at 11:30 PM, eclipse said:

. . .dude, this is the second Serious Discussion topic. . .that isn't serious or discussion.  Please read the sticky before posting a third one.

Look, here's the thing, boss. there are so many loopholes and rules that I don't really care to learn. Mainly you decide what go's in what category.  I put this in Serious Discussion because the Virus is, oh I don,t know pretty Serious right now.  I would put in General if I knew it was ok to do so.  

3 hours ago, JubileePhoenix said:

Look, here's the thing, boss. there are so many loopholes and rules that I don't really care to learn. Mainly you decide what go's in what category.  I put this in Serious Discussion because the Virus is, oh I don,t know pretty Serious right now.  I would put in General if I knew it was ok to do so.  

Have you considered asking a mod before posting?  That's what we're here for.

I had to cancel all my events during the weekends. I have about 6 D&D groups that are hard to plan, yet we found dates that worked for everybody, I had a fantasy fair planned for end of this month, a larp for next month, planned to go to the market to get fabrics for my next cosplay, and was going to get a group together to playtest a new boardgame I've been working on. I've had to cancel all of it.

As for work, my boss decided I can't work from home, so I still have to come in 40 hours a week.

Everything fun got canceled, otherwise life continues as normal. At least public transportation is really quiet these days...

Game nights with the boys 😞

Thankfully we can play Magic over Zoom.

Also, eating out at local businesses, and going to the little retro game store downtown. I don't know how well they'll fare with all this crap going down 😞

Was supposed to meet up with old friends and catch up. Understandably canceled.

Also was supposed to travel to Australia for a family member's wedding, also understandably canceled. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A few weeks ago had to call the IRS about my tax return but couldn't due to the offices being closed. Had to wait till last Monday to get that resolved, and it's still not coming in until 4 weeks at the latest. I was going to use it to buy my CPU and GPU, so I can't quite finish my building my pc.

• 3 weeks later...

Study properly in university with my mates

Keep my job

Go to the gym

get a haircut

Meet friends and hang around with them 

Go to tournaments

I lost quite a few things and opportunities when corona hit

However it is how you deal with these things, which makes it have its upsides:

My hair is now long enough that i can style it properly again, so i look like a proper individual now!

After i got laid off because the business got almost bankrupted (they were really good people and i had fun working there) i applied short term to a job in IT Service and since then i have good times there, that will do real good on my resume, especially since it goes in the direction of what i study.

Studying is obviously a big issue still, because for me i really need some structure and pressure to get me started, or else i cannot function properly but this allows me to work on myself!

Instead of hanging around with my friends, i visit my little sister and step brother more often, she was pretty lonely ever since i moved out and after she parted from her mother and went to her father, there is good reason to visit!

Working out at home is not as viable as the gym but i found a good place to do pull ups on! I usually go to those solar panels and do some gymnastics too, while im there!

Since i stay at home for the most part, i can continue work on my game and continue studying math, i just need to learn how to stop posting in forums like these...

or i find a forum which is for students like myself who want to study math and physics!

Go to more games conventions.  I work in the industry and it's a right pain in the backsie to have one of the best ways to make contacts and see what everyone else is working on just completely shut down.

• 2 months later...