March's Mythic Hero - Bramimond: The Enigma

NSSKG151

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Disappointed it isn't Ashunera or Ashera. Skip.

This is the first mythic hero I don't know of, actually. I might have heard the name somewhere before, but I still don't remember this character even though I played rather far into FE7. But that's probably because FE7 is boring (imo).

But why the hell is the character voiced by a bunch of different people and with different genders? I don't know whether to call the character male or female and that annoys me.

Ooh, that's an interesting one. Why four voices, though?

Just now, Anacybele said:

Yeah, too bad we didn't get a third Tellius Mythic while some continents are still waiting for one.

Edited by Florete

THAT'S SO FUCKING COOL. I DIDN'T EVEN THINK OF HIM.

Passing for the moment because I already have both Robin and Camilla, but I'm definitely going for him next time he shows up with any colorless units I'm missing.

Seems his voices are Eliwood's, Hector's, Lyn's, and Roy's. The VAs also do other characters, but those seem to be the specific references.

This threw me off lol. I had to look up to remember who this character was. I'm guessing the voice's are Eliwood, Hector, and Lyn? I'm not sure whose the fourth would be. This is the closest thing we'll get to the avatar from Blazing Sword. Man, I'm kinda wanting him now tbh. So this is a dual wielding weapon? Idk.

Edit: Also have we had a colorless tome user? That's pretty cool too.

Edited by SSbardock84

Interesting that they've decided to add in three of the most recent brave heroes, I suppose their time was coming. But no seasonal units on this banner, which I suppose means they are phasing those out. (Which sucks.)

However, I'm not sure if personally this is a good banner for me. Aside from blue, which I don't want to pull on at all (even if I need a better natured Y!Tiki), each color has at least one stinker on it.

...does this mean we've got a non-binary Heroes character now? (Granted, their case is not the usual case of being non-binary.) 😛

Sorta tempted to get them, but I'm trying to get Shanan, so this is awkward...

1 minute ago, SSbardock84 said:

I'm guessing the voice's are Eliwood, Hector, and Lyn? I'm not sure whose the fourth would be.

Oh wow yeah, I didn't notice that. The fourth one is Roy.

To be honest, this banner might be the first legendary/mythic banner I'll sit out from. 

Don't get me wrong, Brammimond was cool, but just... weird. The rest of the units are all units I don't have a desperate need for, so I can sit out on it. 

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Was this really necessary?

Perhaps people would appreciate if you might not be so negative on virtually every banner. 

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

This is the first mythic hero I don't know of, actually. I might have heard the name somewhere before, but I still don't remember this character even though I played rather far into FE7. But that's probably because FE7 is boring (imo).

But why the hell is the character voiced by a bunch of different people and with different genders? I don't know whether to call the character male or female and that annoys me.

He only shows up late in the story. His personality basically got eroded away into a blank slate by his dark magic, so now he reflects whoever he's talking to. In the story, he mimics Eliwood's, Hector's, and Lyn's personalities (as well as Athos's) while talking to each of them, so that seems to be the reference for three of the voices, plus Roy is also there as the fourth Elibe lord I guess.

Just now, Florete said:

Oh wow yeah, I didn't notice that. The fourth one is Roy.

Well I thought this guy is supposed to be dead by the time Roy strolls around. But if it's the same va, you're probably right.

Just now, Anacybele said:

Was this really necessary?

As necessary as you saying FE7 is boring CONSTANTLY. As for Bramimond, deep in the game you meet them, and you find that they are a reflection of the person speaking to them. Notice they have the same voice actors as Eliwood and Lyn, they're trying to reflect that.

I'm personally really happy with this choice. Bramimond is super fitting for Elibe's first Mythic. Gonna try for them.

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Bramimond was pretty much a "mirror" of sorts. And they're not necessarily male or female; could be simply non-binary, though their case is not conventional for non-binary people. Athos mentioned using "it" pronouns (which people use irl too), but I dunno if Bramimond consented, so probably just use they/them.

Edited by NoirCore

2 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

As necessary as you saying FE7 is boring CONSTANTLY.

What do you mean constantly? I don't remember the last time I mentioned this.

Yo, I heard over on gamefaqs that apparently the fourth VA isn't supposed to represent Roy, but Alfonse ... who coincidentally has Roy's VA in English.

First Colorless Tome! In combat (I assume when he is in combat), all enemy skills are disabled except the skills of the enemy in combat... I take that to mean Spurs, Drives, Infantry skills, and the such will do nothing?

They are also made specifically to target any unit with the standard offensive unit stat spread (or anyone who is penalized)... even those with less than 50 Atk (Subaki, Selena, Felicia, etc.) aren't safe because they have higher than 35 Spd... also penalties, cause if they're already down don't forget to kick them in the nads.

Interesting unit, do I know if I wanna summon for him though...? Not like Bramimond themselves are bad, but I don't like the looks of the REST of the banner... Colorless alone has two units I could care less about (when have I ever even used FemGrima? And I just don't like Camilla plain and simple). Blue contains one unit I've +10ed already and have no need to get fodder of, and two units we've all received for free (and I don't feel a strong need to merge up). Red... eh. Not saying they're bad units, but I'm not invested in any of them (and we all just got a free Altina so double whammy there). Green would probably be the most interesting to me, just cause my Thrasir has a bad Asset and I don't have Mamori, but I don't really need to summon any Micaiahs when I don't really use her anyway.

...eh. Kind of a hard pass here... like, REAL hard...

...it's also just occurring to me... is Bramimond wearing the colors of the Blazing Blade avatar?

As for my thoughts Bramimond is an interesting choice for a Mythic Hero, even more so the first colorless tome unit. I like that he is the first Mythic Hero from Elibe. Still the banner is a skip for me. I have almost no interest in any of the characters on the banner outside of getting FB4 off of Thrasir. I'm more interested in saving orbs in anticipation for what we get on the New Heroes banner next month.

Edited by NSSKG151

From what I'm seeing around the net, Bramimond's inclusion shows who has done their research or not. The guy is an important part of Elibe's history and Blazing Blade in general, so those who say they have no idea who he is really need to actually read up on this franchise.

This Mythic makes me happy I have been meaning to pull colorless for Nanna merges and now I have a good reason.  I love the way that they did this character justice, it is nice to see the best (IMO) non-binary character in the series be put in the game.

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Yo, I heard over on gamefaqs that apparently the fourth VA isn't supposed to represent Roy, but Alfonse ... who coincidentally has Roy's VA in English.

Well that just takes away all my excitement for the character.