March's Mythic Hero - Bramimond: The Enigma

NSSKG151

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

Void Tome is literally "Drive skills were a mistake".  😛

Yep! That's what is written on that tome.

At least I have some visibles buffs, like Link and Peony's dance to get the help. But I can also see this unit having Special ready from Infantry Pulse teams, because 39 HP is pretty low.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW, Bramimond is a great pick.  I expected Fomortiis for some reason.  It'll be fun using such a mysterious character for the first time-- the real value of mythic heroes.

Bramimond isn’t what I was expecting, but it struck me as a fitting choice for colorless tome right when I saw the name. It’s especially fitting since I was 90% sure this month would be Dark, given their previous history with AR Offense Mythics. From what I know about him from reading (still haven’t played FE6/7), they seem to have nailed the execution here. I’m not looking forward to fighting him =P .

I’d love to have a copy, and I’d really love to have Lull Atk/Res fodder...but I really need to try to save orbs for next month (assuming the green cast around Celica is good).

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Yes, I know that? I DO enjoy Echoes, Three Houses, and Sacred Stones, you know. Tellius is not the only thing in FE that I like.

I never saw anyone in this thread whining about anything either.

Your first quote:

39 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Disappointed it isn't Ashunera or Ashera. Skip.

This is the first mythic hero I don't know of, actually. I might have heard the name somewhere before, but I still don't remember this character even though I played rather far into FE7. But that's probably because FE7 is boring (imo).

But why the hell is the character voiced by a bunch of different people and with different genders? I don't know whether to call the character male or female and that annoys me.

You immediately trash-talk FE7.  This is Not Cool.  You don't have to be thrilled by things, but being negative about it BECAUSE you don't like it is bad.  "Not interested in this guy, so I'll save my orbs" is fine, and I strongly suggest you stick to that.

The fact that Brammy's got so many voices is a really neat touch, but it's lost if you didn't play FE7 the whole way through.  I was a bit disappointed when I first heard the opening statement, but got giddy when I saw the voice cast.

1 minute ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Yep! That's what is written on that tome.

At least I have some visibles buffs, like Link and Peony's dance to get the help. But I can also see this unit having Special ready from Infantry Pulse teams, because 39 HP is pretty low.

The tome also gets a bonus if you have any sort of stat drop on you, and I wouldn't be surprised if there was some sort of Panic skill nearby. . .

Why is Bramimond's C skill not a B skill? Nowadays it feels like skills that ought to be in the B slot like time pulse are becoming C skills. 

Is this the first instance where the C skill helps in combat? 

Edited by Icelerate

2 minutes ago, Florete said:

If that was all she'd said I wouldn't have responded to her in the first place. She went out of her way to express disappointment that it isn't a character she wants, a character who would have been the third mythic from that continent while Bramimond is the first from Elibe.

While I'll at least say her response is better than it would have been in the past, it was still pretty tone-deaf and selfish, and it's an attitude people are too used to seeing from her and are annoyed by. If she can't say a thing without getting this, it's because people are sick of it.

Everyone else gets to say they would rather have So and So over So and So. Nobody cares then. If I'm wrong, then by all means.

You immediately trash-talk FE7.  This is Not Cool.  You don't have to be thrilled by things, but being negative about it BECAUSE you don't like it is bad.  "Not interested in this guy, so I'll save my orbs" is fine, and I strongly suggest you stick to that.

Fair, but I've seen others say a game is boring and nobody bats an eye. Not in this thread, I mean, but in other parts of the forum.

1 minute ago, Dragoncat said:

Everyone else gets to say they would rather have So and So over So and So. Nobody cares then. If I'm wrong, then by all means.

To a point.  When it becomes "this character isn't who I want because the game sucks", then I have to step in.

Just now, Anacybele said:

Fair, but I've seen others say a game is boring and nobody bats an eye. Not in this thread, I mean, but in other parts of the forum.

Place and time.  They are important.  In the middle of a thread announcing something cool for the game is NOT the correct place or time.

Edited by eclipse

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

To a point.  When it becomes "this character isn't who I want because the game sucks", then I have to step in.

She said Elibe bored her, which I admitted was a tad rude. She never said it sucked.

I've said my piece.

Edited by Dragoncat

That's not what I really said though. I simply said that the reason I don't know Bramimond is that I found the game he's in to be boring. Not that I didn't want him because FE7 sucks. That's a little different as far as I can tell.

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Place and time.  They are important.  In the middle of a thread announcing something cool for the game is NOT the correct place or time.

That's fine then.

She said Elibe bored her, which I admitted was a tad rude. She never said it sucked.

Thing is, being negative in a thread that's announcing something new and cool for Elibe is uncalled for.  There's a place and time for discussing Elibe's shortcomings, and this thread isn't it.

@Anacybele it's the sentiment.  Or remember this: "State that I'm going to skip the banner if it's an announcement thread, and nothing else."

Edited by eclipse

It's about how you say things. People don't have a hate-boner for Anacybele, but she's the one who gets people on her case for a reason, and that reason is that she's bad at saying these things in ways that won't get on people's nerves. Imagine if she'd instead said something like, "Not sure who this is. Gonna keep saving for Ashera or Ashunera." She'd get across who she'd rather have in a way that wouldn't look dismissive.

Just now, Florete said:

It's about how you say things. People don't have a hate-boner for Anacybele, but she's the one who gets people on her case for a reason, and that reason is that she's bad at saying these things in ways that won't get on people's nerves. Imagine if she'd instead said something like, "Not sure who this is. Gonna keep saving for Ashera or Ashunera." She'd get across who she'd rather have in a way that wouldn't look dismissive.

And believe me, I understand this. I attribute that to my habit of being blunt and overly honest. It's just how I am and I've never been able to change it no matter how hard I try to. I just hope people understand that even though I talk and express opinions this way sometimes, I don't do it to be rude.

Just now, Anacybele said:

And believe me, I understand this. I attribute that to my habit of being blunt and overly honest. It's just how I am and I've never been able to change it no matter how hard I try to. I just hope people understand that even though I talk and express opinions this way sometimes, I don't do it to be rude.

Well. . .self-reflection time.  Instead of getting defensive, ask people why they didn't like it.  Remember what they said.  Apply it to the next time.  May take a few iterations, but you'll get it down eventually.

2 minutes ago, Florete said:

That would have been better, yes.

She's my friend and I will defend her here. I can afford to do it.

13 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I don't think so

I'll probably go for him, but I have bad luck with 8% banners. Surprised we got him before Athos

Ah. I'm not non-binary myself (let alone trans), so I wasn't sure, especially since, like I said before, this isn't a normal case of someone realizing they're non-binary as much as it's just a character having no sense of themselves and practically becoming a different person, if I remember correctly from what Athos spoke of Bramimond. Still, probably just safe to use they/them pronouns.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I alluded to this earlier, but you have improved. I've been seeing your posts for a long time, after all.

Just now, Dragoncat said:

Fair enough. Just don't forget that sometimes friends need to call each other out.

I'm also of the opinion that if you care enough about something you don't know about to make a comment about it, then you care enough about it to do a little research. Pretty much anything you need to know about FE is on this website that we're all on. I'm not asking you to research something difficult and out of the way, it'll probably take a minute or two if you know where to look. Having an opinion is fine and all, but it doesn't look favorably on anyone if they also come off too lazy or uncaring to do their own research ... like ever.

I don't expect people to know everything about FE. I expect them to look it up on SF itself, though, if they care enough to have an opinion about it.

3 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

Sometimes, the point of being a friend is to realize when they are in the wrong. Defending your friend when they're in the wrong because they're your friend doesn't make you a good friend, it makes you an enabler.

Edited by Sunwoo

Do me a favor and don't, unless it really is unwarranted (but that's what the Report button is for).

You'll make life easier for us mods.  Because the last thing I want to do is warn you because you did something well-intentioned and against the rules.

6 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Well. . .self-reflection time.  Instead of getting defensive, ask people why they didn't like it.  Remember what they said.  Apply it to the next time.  May take a few iterations, but you'll get it down eventually.

I've tried to listen to advice like this many times, honestly. For years, even. I've been able to improve on some aspects of myself, like handling critique and such, but my bluntness and sometimes over-honesty? That I just could not get around. And I can't even really explain why.

3 minutes ago, Florete said:

I alluded to this earlier, but you have improved. I've been seeing your posts for a long time, after all.

Yeah, I remember you from quite some time ago as well. Nice to know that I have at least improved at something.

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Sometimes, the point of being a friend is to realize when they are in the wrong. Defending your friend when they're in the wrong because they're your friend doesn't make you a good friend, it makes you an enabler.

You may not realize your friend is in the wrong though, or just believe your friend is in the right, and Dcat clearly believes I wasn't entirely in the wrong. She did also agree that I was rude about one thing, so there's that.

To get back on topic, this is cool for Elibe fans. And the idea that Ray Chase's voice is meant to represent Alfonse is actually kind of neat to me.

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, Florete said:

Fair enough. Just don't forget that sometimes friends need to call each other out.

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I have called her out before on Discord, I know this.

3 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Do me a favor and don't, unless it really is unwarranted (but that's what the Report button is for).

You'll make life easier for us mods.  Because the last thing I want to do is warn you because you did something well-intentioned and against the rules.

I had to do it this time, I was tired of seeing it. But yes.

Bramimond does not look too scary if you got BH!Ike, although it depends on how fast it is I think. Sturdy Impact-Hardy Bearing might be able to break BH!Ike, but I am not sure if that is too specific of a setup.

It does not look very threatening from Kronya's point of view, although it depends on how bulky it is. I think most Counter-Vantage unit should have no issue handling it either once Hardy Bearing nukes and Firesweepers are taken out.

Edited by XRay

BRAMMY! 

THE LONE TRUE MASTER OF DARKNESS HAS ARRIVED!

Elibe and the eight-thousand worlds hath none like Bramimond. The path of Elder Magic is a narrow one. What risks await thee who undertakes it. To be devoured and sleep forever, yet not die so fast. To be devoured and never rest, driven into a state of madness from whence the mind cannot return.

Hermit Niime and most others dare not venture so far, but accept their place along the shadows' shores. Only one has wadded deeper and not drowned, they alone has dived to into the abyss and touched the Hadal floor with breath still in their lungs. 

Now, they sits upon the seabed, besides the extremophiles and the sulfur vents which sustain them. They has attained equilibrium with the magnitudes of pressure upon every inch of their soul, their eyes see in this eternal night better than we see in day. To the surface they can never return, their body would disintegrate as it rose. Yet, they lives alive. Their self is their own, their memories clear, what is the loss of their psyche's external facade, when the wills of others have been crushed at far inferior depths?

They alone who have sought this, has achieved this. A path of self sacrificed, yet self retained. Their sublimation was sublimely rewarded: a revelation to shake the world's foundations, the gift to seal that destruction as well, their eyes see distant lands and distant days, their body does but slowly age, the end inevitable they can defy.

That is they, the Bramimond.

-Introduction of the Ocean Sutra.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer
Pronoun correction.