March's Mythic Hero - Bramimond: The Enigma

NSSKG151

7 minutes ago, Thane said:

This guy looks like an absolute pain to go up against in AR. They seem tanky and strong, with speed rarely being a necessity for them, and you can't count on support either. 

Do you reckon their C skill removes Bond skills as well? 

No I'm pretty sure there's no reason to negate bond skills because they are intrinsic to the unit. They aren't getting it from the ally, they are getting it from their A slot if a condition is met. 

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Thane said:

Do you reckon their C skill removes Bond skills as well? 

Bonds Skills are not removed since they are on the unit that go against him. He only nullifies others foe's skills that are not his target.

Lets say you are using Sharena with her Bond refinement and a Stance skill, and have Peony adjacent to her. The Bond effect and Stance effect will trigger, but Peony's Atk/Spd+3 from her tome will not.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

*Ahem* My Bramimond fangasm is past. 

But, I will stand by Bramimond as being great for being so unique. Nobody else has mastered darkness like Bramimond, and nobody heroic is as strong as him when it comes to darkness. Many FE villains are powerful users of darkness, but none went through what Bramimond did, they either got corrupted, or aren't human and therefore didn't have to undergo the challenges of darkness mastery humans do.

As for gender, I'd hesitate to consider Bramimond at all a "progressive" thing in FE. Bramimond's lack of personality control isn't a behavior they was born with, it's purely the result of their path towards mastering the darkness. And, like Sheik, I'm 99% sure Nintendo didn't write them magically changing that silly bit of plumbing called genitalia, whatever it is Bram has.

And multiple voices? I'm not gonna listen, but thats a great touch! It reflects Bramimond's external nature, and reminds me of one of my favorite oddball RPG characters, Guillo, whose voice is actually two voices, one male and one female, set in synchrony. The effect it has can be interesting.

And lastly, fun fact, Bramimond had unused stats and an exclusive class called "Bramimond" in FE7:

HP 35 Mag 30 Skl 25 Spd 19 Lck 28 Def 18 Res 30      Con 6 S Dark S Staff

Edited by Interdimensional Observer
Pronoun correction (thank you Eclipse!), and finishing an incomplete thought.

34 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

Ah. I'm not non-binary myself (let alone trans), so I wasn't sure, especially since, like I said before, this isn't a normal case of someone realizing they're non-binary as much as it's just a character having no sense of themselves and practically becoming a different person, if I remember correctly from what Athos spoke of Bramimond. Still, probably just safe to use they/them pronouns.

I'm not non-binary either, but I am transgender.

I think he just has no real sense of self at all, and it has nothing to do with gender.

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

1. Will it matter if Ike has DC?
2. This means that I need to be very careful about Leon's buffs.  He'll skyrocket over that 50 Atk, but he's just slow enough to avoid the guaranteed follow-up.  Though if Brammy has 31 speed at neutral, I'm really going to cry.

Without Distant Counter, I think BH!Ike should be fine, although he will have trouble regenerating health if he cannot take out other ranged threats and he might die a slow death.

If Bramimond is fast enough to nullify BH!Ike's Repel/Close Call, and got Sturdy Impact-Hardy Bearing, BH!Ike will finally have strong counter against him.

For buffs, I think it is pretty okay to use buffs. Practically every decent tank got over 50 Atk unbuffed, so Bramimond is getting those stat buffs no matter what we do. I think the issue might be Spd since he can overwhelm certain super tanks by doubling them, although as long as the super tank got Guard effect somewhere on their kit (Mirror Stance, Guard, Pulse Smoke, etc.), Bramimond should not be able to easily activate a Special to overwhelm the super tank. Super tanks that rely on Drives will suffer the most against Bramimond, but super tanks that rely on Bonus Doubler and bonus buffs should not have much of an issue. For anyone who uses F!Byleth or M!Byleth as super tanks, they should not have an issue with Bramimond either.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

Without Distant Counter, I think BH!Ike should be fine, although he will have trouble regenerating health if he cannot take out other ranged threats and he might die a slow death.

If Bramimond is fast enough to nullify BH!Ike's Repel/Close Call, and got Sturdy Impact-Hardy Bearing, BH!Ike will finally have strong counter against him.

For buffs, I think it is pretty okay to use buffs. Practically every decent tank got over 50 Atk unbuffed, so Bramimond is getting those stat buffs no matter what we do. I think the issue might be Spd since he can overwhelm certain super tanks by doubling them, although as long as the super tank got Guard effect somewhere on their kit (Mirror Stance, Guard, Pulse Smoke, etc.), Bramimond should not be able to easily activate a Special to overwhelm the super tank. Super tanks that rely on Drives will suffer the most against Bramimond, but super tanks that rely on Bonus Doubler and bonus buffs should not have much of an issue. For anyone who uses F!Byleth or M!Byleth as super tanks, they should not have an issue with Bramimond either.

Hmmm. . .now that you mention it. . .

Is that Atk check before or after stuff like WTA/WTD is calculated?  Because if it's before, then a TA -raven with QR would be more than enough.

7 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Is that Atk check before or after stuff like WTA/WTD is calculated?  Because if it's before, then a TA -raven with QR would be more than enough.

Actually, yeah, that sounds like an even simpler solution. If he gets really oppressive, then just run a Raven mage on one of the team slots.

Based on the wording, "At start of combat," I assume that means it looks at the numbers you see on the field and not in combat, similar to Kagero's Dart. The skill compares the numbers we see when we look at a unit's portrait, and then decide whether the effect activates or not.

Hm... That means that if a Drive super tank relies on Spd buffs to reach high Spd but has shitty field Spd of 34, that means they should be able to handle Bramimond too.

Edited by XRay

6 minutes ago, eclipse said:

TA could use a buff, it's been underwhelming as a skill for a while now

4 minutes ago, XRay said:

Actually, yeah, that sounds like an even simpler solution. If he gets really oppressive, then just run a Raven mage on one of the team slots.

Based on the wording, "At start of combat," I assume that means it looks at the numbers you see on the field and not in combat, similar to Kagero's Dart.

That means a -raven mage with 38 or less Atk would avoid the trigger (unique -raven tomes would need to be less than 36, so a fully-merged Sophia is out).

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

TA could use a buff, it's been underwhelming as a skill for a while now

Whether this is a buff to it will be determined by Brammy's final stats.  -raven was pretty oppressive when it first came out!

Edited by eclipse

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

Yo, I heard over on gamefaqs that apparently the fourth VA isn't supposed to represent Roy, but Alfonse ... who coincidentally has Roy's VA in English.

It is indeed Alfonse based on the Japanese voice actors.

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I feel that the maintenance we will get is just because of his C Skill. lol

You don't need server downtime just to implement a new skill effect. That's fully client-side and is not dependent on the server.

1 hour ago, Icelerate said:

Why is Bramimond's C skill not a B skill? Nowadays it feels like skills that ought to be in the B slot like time pulse are becoming C skills. 

Is this the first instance where the C skill helps in combat? 

Joint Hone, Wave, and Oath skills are all capable of giving the player buffs.

Spur and Drive skills are "in combat" skills, but apply to other units. Impenetrable Dark technically also applies to other units and not Bramimond themselves since it nullifies the skills of all enemy units on the map except the current combat target.

16 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Weapon triangle advantage and disadvantage do not ever directly affect the Atk stat.

Edited by Ice Dragon

My only issue with this dude is that he's soft-locked to his prf since Tomes aren't universally inheritable like Bows. Its a good tome, but having the option to run something else like Blade tome would be cool.

If I had a hunch, I'm guessing the maintenance update tomorrow is to update the json / SQL / whatever files that contain the data for Tomes & make them universally inheritable. 

I love how they tried to capture his spirit in the gameplay. He mimics his foe's strengths with his tome, and that Impenetrable Darkness makes you feel like you face him alone. The multiple voice actors is such a perfect touch that shows someone really cared about him and lore surrounding him. It would have been nice for him to wield the Apocalypse tome, but they did so much right here that I'm gonna give them a pass. I guess I will have to wait for the brave banner to finally get a comfortable stockpile of orbs again, my luck recently has heavily drained me, and I have to give a few pulls for Bramimond. Oh I guess I should probably update the thread about favorite adds for each letter, as Bramimond has been my B pick from the beginning.

4 minutes ago, FoxyGrandpa said:

If I had a hunch, I'm guessing the maintenance update tomorrow is to update the json / SQL / whatever files that contain the data for Tomes & make them universally inheritable. 

This would also not require a server maintenance to implement.

First, if changing inheritance restrictions required server maintenance, we'd need a server maintenance every time a new skill is implemented to add it to the database.

Second, there's no way in hell they're making tomes universally inheritable. The generic Raudhr, Blar, and Gronn tomes are literally named for the color of the tome: red, blue, and green, respectively, in Old Norse.

2 hours ago, Morgan--Grandmaster said:

I know it's not really Lyn, but hearing something like "The whole world can burn for all I care" in Wendee Lee's voice sends chills up my spine.

Now imagine Fae saying it. 😛

This might not fit Bramimond, but a creepy thing that I would like to hear is a line, probably a special line, where all four voices speak at once. Something like a looking into the void sort of feel.

This is wicked. I was curious if the new mythic hero would be revealed today or after the maintenance tomorrow and upon checking to see it was Bramimond surprised me. There's hope for a fourth/nth version of Armads with Durban in the future. Anyway, it's curious how Bramimond is not using Apocalypse, but a new, Heroes original tome. Void Tome's effects also working through foes having a penalty makes me feel like Bramimond would work very well with Leila. Supporting Leila and Bramimond means Leila can be used to safely initiate on any foe if she is two spaces near Bramimond, perhaps take them out, debuff surrounding foes and her target if they lived, and swap places with Bramimond who would gain Atk/Def/Res+5 and have a guaranteed follow-up attack on foes likely to be debuffed.

Maybe my brain is a bit fried, but I don't seem to understand what exactly Impenetrable Darkness does; "During combat, disables skills of all foes excluding foe in combat." I feel like this is going to be a Shield Pulse thing again where I'm overthinking or misreading it.

Edited by Kaden

2 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Maybe my brain is a bit fried, but I don't seem to understand what exactly Impenetrable Darkness does; "During combat, disables skills of all foes excluding foe in combat." I feel like this is going to be a Shield Pulse thing again where I'm overthinking or misreading it.

You can think of it as temporarily unequipping all skills on the enemy team that are not on the combat target.

4 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Now imagine Fae saying it. 😛

This might not fit Bramimond, but a creepy thing that I would like to hear is a line, probably a special line, where all four voices speak at once. Something like a looking into the void sort of feel.

This is wicked. I was curious the new mythic hero would be revealed today or after the maintenance tomorrow and upon checking to see it was Bramimond surprised me. There's hope for a fourth/nth version of Armads with Durban in the future. Anyway, it's curious how Bramimond is not using Apocalypse, but a new, Heroes original tome. Void Tome's effects also working through foes having a penalty makes me feel like Bramimond would work very well with Leila. Supporting Leila and Bramimond means Leila can be used to safely initiate on any foe if she is two spaces near Bramimond, perhaps take them out, debuff surrounding foes and her target if they lived, and swap places with Bramimond who would gain Atk/Def/Res+5 and have a guaranteed follow-up attack on foes likely to be debuffed.

Basically skills like drives, stuff like Brave Lucina’s Geirskogul, and any skills that provide some in combat buff or debuff are nullified. Units fighting Bramimond can only rely on their own skill set and any field buffs they’ve received.

47 minutes ago, eclipse said:

That means a -raven mage with 38 or less Atk would avoid the trigger (unique -raven tomes would need to be less than 36, so a fully-merged Sophia is out).

Sounds like the perfect job for Henry. He only has 43 visible attack at +Res+10+10 with Corvus Tome, but Corvus Tome adds another hidden +6 Atk in the form of in combat Res-6 on the enemy. With Atk Tactic, that will bring his visible Atk to just 49, so Henry technically has 55 Atk, so that is like almost 80 Atk against a colorless unit with Triangle Adept (55*1.4=77). Mirror Stance would turn that into 59 Atk, or 82 Atk against colorless.

Edited by XRay

@Ice Dragon and @Anathaco, okay, that makes sense. So, I guess you could say it's Nihil if it targeted the enemy's allies rather than the enemy itself? Both "even" the fight between two parties, but Impenetrable Darkness is like preventing interference/support from the opposing team while Nihil prevents the opponent from directly manipulating/rigging the fight.

10 minutes ago, Kaden said:

@Ice Dragon and @Anathaco, okay, that makes sense. So, I guess you could say it's Nihil if it targeted the enemy's allies rather than the enemy itself? Both "even" the fight between two parties, but Impenetrable Darkness is like preventing interference/support from the opposing team while Nihil prevents the opponent from directly manipulating/rigging the fight.

Yep.

Just note that assuming that it behaves exactly as it's worded, it does not stop Ally Support bonuses because they are not skills (but it does stop Yato's effect because Yato is a skill).

Super excited for Bramimoud as I was hoping we would get the heroes of the scouring as mystics.

My only complaint is he doesn't have apocalypse as his weapon. So I guess Niime or like a legendary Lilina will get it or something.

Huh, I always thought Athos would've been Elibe's first Mythic.

I love Bramimond's art! I'll be pulling for them, but I still need Legendary Roy...choices, choices.

51 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

This would also not require a server maintenance to implement.

First, if changing inheritance restrictions required server maintenance, we'd need a server maintenance every time a new skill is implemented to add it to the database.

Second, there's no way in hell they're making tomes universally inheritable. The generic Raudhr, Blar, and Gronn tomes are literally named for the color of the tome: red, blue, and green, respectively, in Old Norse.

When is server maintenance required then? My understanding is that the server is mainly used for backend stuff like storing & altering data for weapon effects & the client just shows this stuff to the user.

Stuff like skill inheritance not requiring server maintenance makes sense since the interactions are completely handled via a menu, where the buttons can easily be made active or inactive. My idea was that they'd either combine the datasets for green, red, & blue tomes into one large dataset or create a new dataset consisting of new generalized universial tomes like "grárfox". In hindsight, both of these aren't gonna happen, but making a new dataset for initial batch of colorless tomes seems plausible enough. Wouldn't this require server maintenance?

3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

And believe me, I understand this. I attribute that to my habit of being blunt and overly honest. It's just how I am and I've never been able to change it no matter how hard I try to. I just hope people understand that even though I talk and express opinions this way sometimes, I don't do it to be rude.

I’ll chime in on this since I think it might help you understand better when I visualise it with a similar scenario. I’ll only try to put things in perspective and while it won’t be a fun read(just because of the subject matter) none of it is intended to be offensive. The example is merely to visualise and maybe that’ll help you see things from the perspective from the other people on the forum. I’ll spoiler it since it isn’t on topic all that much and I won’t be responding to this in depth after this since I’m merely trying to explain perspectives.

Spoiler

You already acknowledge your bluntness, so let me try to set up a scenario that to me would give me a very similar feeling as when I see posts that you make and the replies people have:

Imagine yourself sitting at a diner and you just ordered a BLT sandwich (the blt sandwich in this case is the bramimond trailer)

You are enjoying your sandwich minding your own business when the lady at the table next to you starts saying you shouldn’t be eating that since it isn’t vegan. She proudly proclaims she loves Ceasar salads but always orders them without chicken.

You look at her and while she does indeed have a salad without chicken, there is still egg in there and she, as a vegan, is wearing leather boots and a furr coat. 

When you try to point these things out she just says that those things are not relevant and that it was about you BLT sandwich not being vegan and that you should mind your own business anyway.

There are a few things that don’t feel right with this scenario, i’ll line them out and these things feel very similar to when I see discussions you are involved in. 

- It feels like I’m not allowed to enjoy the things I like if you don’t enjoy it. 

- Whenever someone replies, that almost immediately get a reply that they were being rude to you, but as you have been able to read in this topic, people tend to see your comments as at minimum, rather insensitive, sometime to downright rude. This is why you get responses that are similar in tone(of which i myself have also made replies that were to negative and assertive in tone). It just ticks people off when they get told to be less rude when they feel you yourself were not being civil either. The whole practice what you preach thing here is what people aren’t seeing, and that makes people see you as hypocritical.

Following the above point, a similar situation is that you often tell people that they don’t have to reply to you if they don’t like what you said. However, you flip it when it’s about you. You also often say that you should be allowed to write down your opinion because this is a forum after all. It makes it feel very hypocritical when people are told they shouldn’t share their opinions and views just because they don’t line up with yours but you yourself should always be allowed to voice your opinion because it is a forum after all. 

That was quite a writeup, I hope it might be of help since you said you have had troubles with adjusting your behaviours and habits regarding this matter. Once again, none of this is meant to be demeaning, I tried to give a situation as an example since you said before you learn easier with visuals. Hope it helps.

Regarding the actual banner:

I am hyped about Bramimond, but the banner is a clear dud.  F!Grima is a dud, Camilla is fodder

Fjorm is a merge project for me, and so is Peony, but Tiki is a dud and I don’t want to get pitybroken by her. I’ll just wait for a mix of Fjorm, Azura, peony or something like that.

Mamori is meh, but would be feathers at least. The other two are merge projects, but Mamori is not worth the risk.

Altina is my only red merge project, but the other two are just horrible.

I’ll wait for a rerun, because I am working on a dark IP defense team.

Edit: And I am also glad it wasn’t Ashera/Ashunera, since my orbs wouldn’t handle that. It also means that they will have even more powercreep! =D

Edited by Vicious Sal