March's Mythic Hero - Bramimond: The Enigma

NSSKG151

Really baffling that Bramimond doesn't have Apocalypse, but they're still a cool as hell inclusion and look to have a rad and very unique playstyle! They were one of those characters I thought would be a great fit for colorless tomes, but who I discounted as being too obscure and unlikely... but evidently not! I'm quite thrilled to have been wrong, honestly!

I'm wondering if the Colorless Tome category is going to remain relatively unique or if we're going to start getting standard units that use it soon... Colorless tomes only have one actual final-tier weapon, so they'd need to introduce an Arcrock+(?) and some Litrnoun tomes (maybe using Grár as the prefix?) to really get some options going for them.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well. I didn't see that one coming! IS has gotten better at surprising me, and my guess is that they've gotten better at surprising a lot of other people, too! I love that he has several voice actors! They did a great job representing his mirror-esque nature. Was especially pleased to hear Hector's voice at the start. He also looks like an awesome EP unit. I want him, but I have so few orbs now... Like, pretty sure I have under 10. I'll have to wait to get him.

Edit: This also gives a solution to the Xane thing. I haven't played a game with Xane in it, but from what I hear, he's a shapeshifter. So, just have a different voice/character for each image, and/or show him mid-transformation with his attack/crit/damaged arts. As for weapon, just pick one and then choose characters for him to transform into that fit the weapon type.

Edited by Mercakete

WHY did people think Athos would get a colourless tome?

Anyways, here's Bramimond. All the voices are the main Elibe lords, nice touch. He's a Colourless Tome Infantry with the Dark Attack blessing. He comes with Void Tome (Atk +3, if for has >49 Atk or Penalty, gets Atk/Def/Res +5. if foe has >34 Spd, he's guaranteed to double.), Luna, Atk/Def Push 4, Lull Atk/Res (So still a sacrifice to Reinhardt) and Impenetrable Dark (Disables the skills of everyone except the foe in combat (I am not ready for this)). Depending on his stats he sounds like a nightmare.

As for everyone else, Red has L!Roy, Altina and Dong!Alm (Alm's the one I'd want the least), Blue has Peony, Fjorm and L!Tiki (I wish Tiki was elsewhere), Green has THrasir, B!Michiah and Midoria (....Maybe?) and Colourless has B!Camilla and Grima (If Grima weren't there....). So usually I know my priority, but I'm going to wait and see when are the legendary's next banners and for now it's Colourless > Red > Green >>>>>>> Blue

Edit: Looking at the future the next few months suck hard. Julia, Azura and TIki share with two I already have which is just painful as does Roy and Ryoma and Yune shares with Lyn. I guess I'm just hoping on green for the next two months, colourless and red in May (There's still sharing there), Green and Colourless in July and we'll see in August. June and July are very likely Red and Colourless too.

Edited by Dayni

Premise: i'll be referring to Bramimond as a "him" since he was born as male and his body should still be the one of a man; the fact that he changes personality and voice depending on who's talking to him isn't exactly what i consider being non-binary or in need of being referred to in a differenty way

this said, Bramimond is a character i've secretly wanted to see in heroes since launch, yet i never dared to actually hope for him to make it in, so i'm REALLY hyped they actually did it: imo he's one of the most interesting characters in all FE7, so seeing him getting some love makes me so happy, and the fact that they kept faith to his nature shows real care for details (something they really know how to do, but sometimes forget about)

i'd really like to pull for him and get at least one copy, but i fear i don't have enough orbs, also i'm pulling for shannan right now

6 hours ago, eclipse said:

Please give everyone else a chance, because Tellius literally has two mythics, and this is the first Elibe one.

well tbh Tellius has 2 mythic heroes because it has a bigger amount of gods/mythical figures than other games do

also Tellius has only one Legendary hero, while Awakening and Elibe both have 3: does this mean they should stop making Awakening and Elibe Legendary heroes for a while and let other games have some too? well yes

furthermore Tellius has a total of 3 Legendary+Mythic heroes, while both Awakening and Elibe have 4 (i'm counting Naga because her design is from Awakening)

point is, IntSys doesn't seem to care too much about equal game representation when it comes to Legendary and Mythic heroes, they just do what they feel like, or what games allow IntSys to do in terms of pure quantity of characters who can be labelled as Legendary and Mythical

now one could wonder whether 3 Awakening Legendary heroes were really necessary, but that just proves my point: they weren't necessary, yet they were possible, so IntSys made them that's also why i like Mythic heroes so much more

on the other side, when they'll announce Tellius Mythic hero N°3 or 4, they'be more than justified, since they're all major plot characters, and they wouldn't be mere alts like Legendary heroes are

is being justified by their games a necessary reason for heroes/alts to even be a thing? no, but it's something i personally pay a lot of attention to

Edited by Yexin

40 minutes ago, Yexin said:

furthermore Tellius has a total of 3 Legendary+Mythic heroes

Altina (Mythic), Ike (Legendary), Micaiah (Legendary? I can't recall exactly), Yune (Mythic). So, that's 4 (unless Micaiah doesn't actually have one and I'm thinking of her Brave alt). Also, I may be forgetting someone; not sure.

Edit: I don't pay attention to Miciah.

Edited by Mercakete

2 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Altina (Mythic), Ike (Legendary), Micaiah (Legendary? I can't recall exactly), Yune (Mythic). So, that's 4 (unless Micaiah doesn't actually have one and I'm thinking of her Brave alt). Also, I may be forgetting someone; not sure.

Edit: I don't pay attention to Miciah.

Micaiah has a Brave alt currently, not a Legendary alt. For the possibilities:

Legendaries:

- Ike

- Micaiah

Mythics:

- Yune

- Altina

- Ashera

- Ashunera

- Deghinsea

- Soan

- Lehran

Looks like Henry with his Corvus Tome can be a good unit to deal with him.

Henry has both low Atk and low Spd, even with a +Atk nature and fully merged. I am sure Bramimond will have more Atk than Henry, which trigger Corvus Tome's refinement effect (Atk/Res-6 on foe and Guard). You just need to have someone that has more Def/Res than Henry, to work as Chills and Dark Shrine target.

Outside these Raven TA units, debuffing him looks to be the better option. Maybe I should give Marth a Ruse Skill.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

I'm curious to see how Brammimond's gender will be listed in the game. After getting the Flame Emperor earlier this month as the first character officially classified as gender neutral, I wonder if they'll do the same thing with Brammimond and now have one that's not just due to a mask. With the mix of voice actors, it seems plausible enough. So I'll switch to using they/them for Brammimond for the moment, although I'll go back to saying he/him if that turns out to be incorrect.

Even though I don't want to pull on this specific banner, Brammimond is now my new most wanted unit, even more so if they do turn out to be NB. Wouldn't be great NB rep, but it would be really cool regardless - I'm trans and I'd consider this a lot better than nothing.

29 minutes ago, Othin said:

I'm curious to see how Brammimond's gender will be listed in the game. After getting the Flame Emperor earlier this month as the first character officially classified as gender neutral, I wonder if they'll do the same thing with Brammimond and now have one that's not just due to a mask. With the mix of voice actors, it seems plausible enough. So I'll switch to using they/them for Brammimond for the moment, although I'll go back to saying he/him if that turns out to be incorrect.

Even though I don't want to pull on this specific banner, Brammimond is now my new most wanted unit, even more so if they do turn out to be NB. Wouldn't be great NB rep, but it would be really cool regardless - I'm trans and I'd consider this a lot better than nothing.

Where do they list the characters' gender in FEH? I don't think I've ever noticed before.

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Where do they list the characters' gender in FEH? I don't think I've ever noticed before.

I don't think it's visible ingame, just in the data - most characters have F or M, but the Flame Emperor has N. But maybe that was the voice rather than the character? Which could better complicated for Brammimond.

Either way, IIRC Flame Emperor is referred to as they/them, so they could do that with Brammimond.

In hindsight, I feel pretty embarrassed that I didn't think of Brammimond when the neutral tome discussion was going on - they fit it perfectly! Even their tome itself is called the "Void Tome"! At first I was annoyed that IS just gave them a male voice, but I realised what they were doing as soon as I heard Lyn and saw they had four VAs. Very clever! I was expecting them to speak with a male and female voice at the same time, but...yeah, that wouldn't really work with a human's vocal chords, would it?

Anyway, Brammimond looks soo cool, especially with those tattoos! And that C Skill is very interesting! It seems we finally got that Nihil some people were speculating about a while back, huh? And a very interesting version at that, given it negates all abilities except the foe currently in battle.

Needless to say, I'd like very much to get Brammimond, but I'm going to wait until they're joined by a better (for me) Colorless line-up and until I get more Orbs. Kudos to IS for including such an awesome character, and so out-of-left-field to boot, guess all that 3H stuff this month was one giant red herring xD

8 hours ago, EricaofRenais said:

it is nice to see the best (IMO) non-binary character in the series be put in the game.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't they the only non-binary character in the series? Granted I haven't played every single FE, so there's that...

P.S. I'm hoping we get more colorless tomes in the future - specifically in the normal summoning pool/ with "generic" weapons. It'd rob some of the magic (no pun intended) if all of them were Prfs. Even worse if they're all Mythics/ Legendaries.

Edited by DefyingFates

The way they play with Bramimind's gimmick is pretty interesting. Multiple voices and the most tame color to indicate he's indeed no one. The art is pretty neat and he fits the mythic mantle very well. 

However he remains a bit of an odd choice when Athos and Nergal exist. Athos is one of the more personable Gotoh's and Nergal is likely the most powerful dark mage in the series. Bramimond seems a bit of a non entity in comparison...hehe non entity...get it? 😀

15 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

In hindsight, I feel pretty embarrassed that I didn't think of Brammimond when the neutral tome discussion was going on - they fit it perfectly! Even their tome itself is called the "Void Tome"! At first I was annoyed that IS just gave them a male voice, but I realised what they were doing as soon as I heard Lyn and saw they had four VAs. Very clever! I was expecting them to speak with a male and female voice at the same time, but...yeah, that wouldn't really work with a human's vocal chords, would it?

Anyway, Brammimond looks soo cool, especially with those tattoos! And that C Skill is very interesting! It seems we finally got that Nihil some people were speculating about a while back, huh? And a very interesting version at that, given it negates all abilities except the foe currently in battle.

Needless to say, I'd like very much to get Brammimond, but I'm going to wait until they're joined by a better (for me) Colorless line-up and until I get more Orbs. Kudos to IS for including such an awesome character, and so out-of-left-field to boot, guess all that 3H stuff this month was one giant red herring xD

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't they the only non-binary character in the series? Granted I haven't played every single FE, so there's that...

P.S. I'm hoping we get more colorless tomes in the future - specifically in the normal summoning pool/ with "generic" weapons. It'd rob some of the magic (no pun intended) if all of them were Prfs. Even worse if they're all Mythics/ Legendaries.

The other one I've heard of is Limstella. I'd thought Limstella was female when playing FE7, but apparently they're never referred to with gendered language ingame and referred to as gender neutral outside of it. Which is neat but also somewhat questionable as representation, lol. 

34 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

16 minutes ago, Othin said:

The other one I've heard of is Limstella. I'd thought Limstella was female when playing FE7, but apparently they're never referred to with gendered language ingame and referred to as gender neutral outside of it. Which is neat but also somewhat questionable as representation, lol. 

It seems that the gender is in question only when it's one sex pretending to be the other, like Lucina or where the person has no sense of self, like Bramimond.

3 hours ago, Vicious Sal said:

Micaiah has a Brave alt currently, not a Legendary alt. For the possibilities:

Legendaries:

- Ike

- Micaiah

Mythics:

- Yune

- Altina

- Ashera

- Ashunera

- Deghinsea

- Soan

- Lehran

Elincia's another option for a Legendary Hero if they really want to. Wouldn't mind seeing a staff flier legendary

2 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

Elincia's another option for a Legendary Hero if they really want to. Wouldn't mind seeing a staff flier legendary

I remember wondering if they'd make her a staff for her original appearance.  Being a sword isn't quite as saturated, but I wish they'd start making some of the lance fliers staves, if possible.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Oh yeah, I forgot about them. Thanks! Funny how both come from the same game 😛

Heck, if that cancelled FE remake comes back and it turns out to be a FE6/ 7 bundle we might get a definitive answer about Limstella; that'll be fun~

Did anyone ever consider Anacybel might be more hurt over what people wrote in this thread about her than anyone could possibly be over her opinion on a new pixel character or pixel game.

There is more important things in life than to fuss over somebodys opinion on pixel chars, like real human beings for example. Especially in this time.

8 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Oh yeah, I forgot about them. Thanks! Funny how both come from the same game 😛

Heck, if that cancelled FE remake comes back and it turns out to be a FE6/ 7 bundle we might get a definitive answer about Limstella; that'll be fun~

Since Limstella's a morph and basically a puppet, I'm not sure if she has a gender identity at all in the traditional sense.

7 hours ago, FoxyGrandpa said:

When is server maintenance required then? My understanding is that the server is mainly used for backend stuff like storing & altering data for weapon effects & the client just shows this stuff to the user.

Stuff like skill inheritance not requiring server maintenance makes sense since the interactions are completely handled via a menu, where the buttons can easily be made active or inactive. My idea was that they'd either combine the datasets for green, red, & blue tomes into one large dataset or create a new dataset consisting of new generalized universial tomes like "grárfox". In hindsight, both of these aren't gonna happen, but making a new dataset for initial batch of colorless tomes seems plausible enough. Wouldn't this require server maintenance?

Heroes doesn't need an internet connection during actual gameplay, meaning all combat-related interactions are managed by the client, not the server. The only time the server needs to be involved is when saving irreversible changes to the player's state (like summoning units, obtaining and spending resources, etc.) and saving the current state of a player's barracks in case of loss of client (saving the current barracks state, etc.). If you try turning off your internet connection after loading into a map, you'll notice that the game will continue running without telling you that it lost connection until you finish the map and it needs to save that you finished the map and got your rewards.

Server maintenance would really only be needed just to turn the servers off and on again for the same reason it's a good idea to restart your computer every now and then and possibly run some diagnostics on them to make sure they're still functional properly. Maybe occasionally upgrade software or hardware.

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

1 hour ago, Othin said:

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

It seems that the gender is in question only when it's one sex pretending to be the other, like Lucina or where the person has no sense of self, like Bramimond.

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Since Limstella's a morph and basically a puppet, I'm not sure if she has a gender identity at all in the traditional sense.

Limstella's gender in the Elibe artbook is listed as "unknown". This isn't just a case of them being a morph as Sonia is listed as female and Ephidel is listed as male.

Limstella is, however, referred to as "Lady Limstella" at some point in the game, but that's likely due to the fact that English doesn't have non-gendered honorifics for this particular role. It's also possible that the localization team didn't have knowledge of Limstella's gender, as it's easy to assume Limstella to be female based on their face sprite.

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Limstella's gender in the Elibe artbook is listed as "unknown". This isn't just a case of them being a morph as Sonia is listed as female and Ephidel is listed as male.

Limstella is, however, referred to as "Lady Limstella" at some point in the game, but that's likely due to the fact that English doesn't have non-gendered honorifics for this particular role. It's also possible that the localization team didn't have knowledge of Limstella's gender, as it's easy to assume Limstella to be female based on their face sprite.

That explains it pretty definitively 😛 Thank you!

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Today's the first time I've heard of Limstella being anything but female. 🤔

2 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

However he remains a bit of an odd choice when Athos and Nergal exist. Athos is one of the more personable Gotoh's and Nergal is likely the most powerful dark mage in the series. Bramimond seems a bit of a non entity in comparison...hehe non entity...get it? 😀

I disagree. Bramimond should be stronger, and at the least, he should be far wiser, given he didn't sacrifice his sanity. Having your sanity is a good thing you know.😉

And, whilst the Deus Ex Machina is left unexplained and seems to have involved the power of friendship, Bramimond resurrected someone, no small feat in FE. Very ironically, he resurrected the daughter of a man who went insane in the darkness for the sake of bringing back his dead wife, and that man died mere minutes before the resurrection. Bramimond is what Nergal failed to become, and his failure turned him into a crazed husk of a human.

15 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Does Limstella ever use pronouns for themself in Japanese? "Watashi" I would guess?

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Does Limstella ever use pronouns for themself in Japanese? "Watashi" I would guess?

私 (watashi) and 我 (wa), the latter only in the construction 我が (wa ga) meaning "my" or "our". Both are gender-neutral. The construction 我が is an older grammatical construction and has a more formal diction (alternatively used more poetically, though not in this particular case).