March's Mythic Hero - Bramimond: The Enigma

NSSKG151

1 hour ago, SuperNova125 said:

That art is gorgeous. It makes me want a morph banner with Sonya, Ephidel, Limstella and Nergal perhaps, but I doubt it will ever be the case.  

This is actually feasible. Sonya and Limstella (despite the latter's genderless status) are attractive looking female/femenine characters and Ephidel could pass for androgynous at the very least. Limstella alone could carry a banner and Nergal would be shoved into a GHB role. A banner like that is very possible, just a question of when if it did happen. It could drop in the Fallen Heroes banner spot of the year for instance. 

As for Brammimond, he was completely out of nowhere Athos, Rhea, Ashera, I was completely prepared for one of these units so this guy was completely out of left field. Regardless of what he has become Brammimond was born male so I will refer to him as "him".

His tome is unbelievable. If you have a decent ATK stat? screw you. If you have a decent SPD stat? screw you. If you have debuffs? screw you. Then he shuts down not only the buffs to increase RES against him but all drives, spurs, goads, everything. Nope, no support. 1v1, Final Destination, no items. And if you're stronger he compensates by turning your face upside down. And he's my favorite color so if you're not a raven tome or Nagi then you're completely and utterly screwed. Plus he's a Dark Mythic so he's about to screw over thousands of people in light season. Matthew will still wreck him though, so no worries there for me.

Needless to say I want him. I don't have Brave Camilla like most other people and ATK/SPD Push 4 fodder would be nice so she's not a dud for me like she'd be for other people but F!Grima is a dud on the other hand. Red and Blue do nothing for me (Still don't have Y!Tiki but it's not worth pulling a useless Fjorm and Peony is not currently a merge project). Green is solid, I don't have 2 of the 3 and my Thrasir is -SPD so I'd love a better nature or some Flashing Blade 4 fodder. 

I still want to save... I have an unprecedented 122 orbs, more than I've ever had and I want to keep building it. But I do want Brammimond so I'm going to feel things out this time. See how things look, the orb flow and all that. But colorless treats me generally very well, so I pray it does the same for me here. Pulling green and colorless a bit and then going to hold back until the last day ideally.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am very happy with Bramimond as a choice. and is just really nice. They really got a hang for characters they add lately. 
Still will wait until next Banner announcement before I drop more orbs there Overall Colorless will pay off with any hero I get there. But I still have to save up more orbs. And there might be better times, for instance if Bramimond shares a banner with Leif. Almost totally ignored the other colors for now. But I just might go for colorless.

Its almost lucky for me that he is a dark hero and not Anima. Because my Light team can do well against the Bramimond. But it will also depend on the stats. 

28 minutes ago, Zeo said:

This is actually feasible. Sonya and Limstella (despite the latter's genderless status) are attractive looking female/femenine characters and Ephidel could pass for androgynous at the very least. Limstella alone could carry a banner and Nergal would be shoved into a GHB role. A banner like that is very possible, just a question of when if it did happen. It could drop in the Fallen Heroes banner spot of the year for instance. 

I think Nergal would more likely be the fourth banner unit, since Sonia/Limstella/Ephidel only make three. For the GHB, maybe Vaida?

I'd be quite happy with that banner, although I don't think it'd be anytime soon after our recent FE7 one.

The only stingy part about this banner is that F!Grima is in the colorless pool. Everyone has her and she offers no reall usefull skill fodder... Duma, Fallen Corrin, Fallen Tiki, Eleonora, Silque... heck even Eir would have been a better pick (because running 2x +10 Eirs helps with points). Real hesitant to dig deep into colorless due to F!Grima...

7 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Limstella actually speaks informally to the player's characters in the game and uses the most feminine-leaning first-person pronoun in that situation. Their use of 我 (wa) is used to refer to their master (Nergal) and their subordinates (generic morph troops), as it is the appropriate diction to use in this case both to refer to one's superior and to speak towards one's subordinates as their superior.

*snip*

For other examples of writing gender-neutral characters in Japanese, one can just look at Fate. Enkidu, who is genderless, uses 僕 (boku), which is masculine-leaning. Chevalier d'Eon, who is gender-ambiguous, uses 私 (watashi), which is gender-neutral, but feminine-leaning. Shi Huangdi, who is genderless, uses 朕 (chin), which is the (obscure) royal "we" and is gender-neutral.

As a side note, Bramimond, naturally, uses the same first-person pronoun and manner of speech (which is much more apparent in Japanese than in English) as the person they are talking to.

Fascinating, thank you. The structuring and stylings of a language you don't understand, in this case in tandem with gender, is a mind-expanding topic.

Any chance of an Everyday Life of Heroes skit where Bramimond is surrounded by Owain, Delthea, Loki, Bartre, Mitama, Jagen, and several others?

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Any chance of an Everyday Life of Heroes skit where Bramimond is surrounded by Owain, Delthea, Loki, Bartre, Mitama, Jagen, and several others?

Oh wow, that would be glorious! xD

Edited by DefyingFates

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I want an Everyday Life of Heroes where the summoner manages to get 2 copies of Bramimond and has them try to talk to each other. I want to see how many stack levels of recursion occur before they reach a memory overflow error and BSoD.

His art is super cool, and he's Colorless. Meaning he will eventually share with Lord Dormer, Alm, or Leif~

Free Pull on Colorless and saving until that time comes.

Atk/Spd Push 4, I will have you another day~

The first semi-tempting banner for me in a while, specifically Green and Colorless.

Green
-A spare CYL Miccy would be nice for emergency ground orders fodder
-A Thrasir or two for panic smoke fodder or to use on Anime def
-Mamori is hot garbage to me though unfortunately, what with Sheena/Surtr/Flame Emperor being a +10 project

Colorless
-Bramimond would be insane for my Dark def
-Bravemilla is nice Atk/Spd Push fodder
-Don't own FGrima yet so that's not the worst thing in the world to pull

Probably will resist and only take the first circle, since I've slowly climbed to above 1200 orbs saved so far, and I'd like to hit 2000+ for the June mythic banner in an attempt to +10 LAzura and LChrom (or get trolled by IS and get tempted by a 3 unit FByleth banner, who is another unit I have my eye on for +10ing).

Edited by Azuni

18 hours ago, Yexin said:

well tbh Tellius has 2 mythic heroes because it has a bigger amount of gods/mythical figures than other games do

also Tellius has only one Legendary hero, while Awakening and Elibe both have 3: does this mean they should stop making Awakening and Elibe Legendary heroes for a while and let other games have some too? well yes

furthermore Tellius has a total of 3 Legendary+Mythic heroes, while both Awakening and Elibe have 4 (i'm counting Naga because her design is from Awakening)

point is, IntSys doesn't seem to care too much about equal game representation when it comes to Legendary and Mythic heroes, they just do what they feel like, or what games allow IntSys to do in terms of pure quantity of characters who can be labelled as Legendary and Mythical

now one could wonder whether 3 Awakening Legendary heroes were really necessary, but that just proves my point: they weren't necessary, yet they were possible, so IntSys made them that's also why i like Mythic heroes so much more

on the other side, when they'll announce Tellius Mythic hero N°3 or 4, they'be more than justified, since they're all major plot characters, and they wouldn't be mere alts like Legendary heroes are

is being justified by their games a necessary reason for heroes/alts to even be a thing? no, but it's something i personally pay a lot of attention to

Now look at potential, and realize how badly skewed this is, because Jugdral would run off with the mythic side if all were equal.

12 hours ago, Endriu said:

Did anyone ever consider Anacybel might be more hurt over what people wrote in this thread about her than anyone could possibly be over her opinion on a new pixel character or pixel game.

There is more important things in life than to fuss over somebodys opinion on pixel chars, like real human beings for example. Especially in this time.

Keep the modding to those who know what they're doing, please and thank you.

The next time will be a warning, but I'm giving you this little verbal thing instead.

12 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Since Limstella's a morph and basically a puppet, I'm not sure if she has a gender identity at all in the traditional sense.

Oh man, morphs. . .

Sonia had a purpose (marry a dude), so she had to be female.  Limstella wasn't designed for such a role, so gender wasn't as big of a priority.  Or that's the sense I get.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I want an Everyday Life of Heroes where the summoner manages to get 2 copies of Bramimond and has them try to talk to each other. I want to see how many stack levels of recursion occur before they reach a memory overflow error and BSoD.

They will stare at each other in complete silence, neither making a move.

1 hour ago, Kaden said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

Pedicted that Atk stat perfectly. Course the game wouldn't give me a way to calculate his Def or Res... but whatever.

I will say, the purple energy around him gives me the impression of a Fallen Hero... I know that's not what they're going for, but we gotta be getting a new FH banner at some point, right...?

2 hours ago, Kaden said:

Apparently maintenance is over?

Bramimond's stats below. Also...

Hide contents

Spoiler

Isn't it me or does Bramimond's face almost looks similar to Linhardt's? I think this is the first time we partially see his face.

Ugh, I don't WANT Bramimond. I don't. Not at all. So useless....so....pointless.....

Nah, I really, really want them! But that Colorless Pool is so bad. But the art is SO good. I'm such a sucker for mages in hoods. Like honestly I barely even remembered Bramimond from the game, but I saw hooded mage and I instantly was about to throw my orbs out the window. And now that stats (and high quality artwork) are out, yeah. I want them.

But I wish Eir and other Alm were in the colorless pool. That way I could throw all my orbs and not be disappointed. But F!Grima and .... whoever the other person is. No thanks. Might do a limited colorless snipe run and just see which of the 3 pops up first. I got lucky with Líf and Thrasir sooooo I'm having a feeling that means this is the one I'd be unlucky on. But who knows!

3 hours ago, eclipse said:

Now look at potential, and realize how badly skewed this is, because Jugdral would run off with the mythic side if all were equal.

hey, i completely agree on that, mind you

of course i'd love to see mythic forseti, mythic julius/loptyr or even mythic formotiis

the problem is that none of these options have the slightest chance of happening (sadly), compared to other Tellius mythical figures which are much more popular and requested (except formotiis maybe, a Fallen Mythic Lyon would be really cool)

but hey, we managed to survive FEH's first year which basically only had two seasonal units not from Awakening or Fates, i think we can survive Tellius having 1 or 2 more Mythic heroes than other games have

about Bramimond's stats, he's exactly what i feared he'd end up being: a tank with not enough bst to be a tank

but it's fine i guess, his tome makes up for that

Edited by Yexin

43 minutes ago, Yexin said:

about Bramimond's stats, he's exactly what i feared he'd end up being: a tank with not enough bst to be a tank

but it's fine i guess, his tome makes up for that

what are you talking he has 162 BST

he has 60 (39 HP and 21 DEF) physical bulk and 74 (39 HP and 35 RES) magical bulk before any skills (though he is slow)

thats pre weapon any unit with more then 50 Atk will give him addition 5 bulk on both sides then Atk/Res Lull and thats another 3 Bulk (and nullifies all buffs to those stats). And his C-Skill nullifies all ally drive buffs.

Assuming a 50 atk+ enemy goes up against him: to one shot him they need 68 Atk, without any buffs available to their Atk stat. If they can double him they need at least 52 atk (to offset the penalty of the weapon). This is before even considering what kind of A-Slot skill Bramimond runs and what kind of support. a low Attack high SPD unit needs 43 Atk to kill him. If Bramimond runs something like Steady Stand 4 on his A-Slot, it means that every unit has to trigger his weapon condition to even think about killing him (without a special). So 76 Attack for a slow unit without any ability to run drives or atk buffs and 60 atk for a fast unit without any ability to run drives or atk buffs. That good bulk to me for an unmerged unit.

Merges will add alot to his bulk

1 hour ago, Hilda said:

thats pre weapon any unit with more then 50 Atk will give him addition 5 bulk on both sides then Atk/Res Lull and thats another 3 Bulk (and nullifies all buffs to those stats). And his C-Skill nullifies all ally drive buffs.

Does The lull negate invisible buffs as well? That always confuses me.

Inflicts Atk/Res-3 on foe and neutralizes foe's bonuses to Atk/Res (from skills like Fortify, Rally, etc.) during combat.

Edited by NicolaTesla&you

I summoned on the banner a few minutes ago, and I was really lucky to get a +Atk/-Res Bramimond on the second summon, first session. That superboon really helps things out, even if the Res bane is a little annoying. 61 Atk with his weapon means he'll serve very well as a nuke, even if he's not especially quick.

I've already inherited to him Steady Stance 4 and Cancel Affinity 3, as well as given him the Hardy Bearing seal. I figure on making him capable of living at least one hit against ranged enemies during the Enemy Phase (even if they use bows), and Cancel Affinity will turn the tables on any Raven tome users I happen to come across that try to take advantage of his status as a colorless unit. Hardy Bearing is for nullifying Vantage during the Player Phase and Desperation during the Enemy Phase, so he has something of a fighting chance against anti-nuke builds.

EDIT: I have a question about Impenetrable Dark. Does it negate effects that already applied earlier in the turn (as in start-of-the-turn Field Bonuses)? If it does, then that's an all-around buff negation.
I'm wondering if it does that, or if it only negates current effects; in Yu-Gi-Oh! terms, Continuous Effects. If the negated effects also affect the bonuses they applied previously, that'd be huge. If, however, the negated effects don't affect any bonuses applied prior to combat, then that would make Field Bonuses something of a weakness of his (if Dull Ranged didn't exist, that is).

8 minutes ago, NicolaTesla&you said:

The lull also negates invisible buffs? That always confuses me.

Inflicts Atk/Res-3 on foe and neutralizes foe's bonuses to Atk/Res (from skills like Fortify, Rally, etc.) during combat.

He meant all Field Bonuses. Lull doesn't negate Combat Bonuses.
Though Combat Bonuses from the foe's allies will also be negated (or at least, the foe will be isolated from those Combat Bonuses) due to Impenetrable Dark.

Edited by MilodicMellodi

1 minute ago, MilodicMellodi said:

He meant all Field Bonuses. Lull doesn't negate Combat Bonuses.
Though Combat Bonuses from the foe's allies will also be negated (or at least, the foe will be isolated from those Combat Bonuses) due to Impenetrable Dark.

Interesting because this kind of buffs (from bonds, solos or brazens skills) are also ignored by the void tome atk and spd checks (the tome won’t count those since they trigger its effects during combat and not at the start of it, the push skills are an exception though). Of course this won’t be usefull on units that already trigger at least one of those checks (literally most of the cast of the game) but its nice to have this on mind. After all, i’ll have to face “it” frequently (i can see every dark season team with this guy, even more if they use infantry pulse).

57 minutes ago, NicolaTesla&you said:

Does The lull negate invisible buffs as well? That always confuses me.

"Bonuses" refer only to the out-of-combat buffs that result in a green arrow icon on the unit's map sprite. Tapping a stat on the header ribbon will show you the value of the stat and any bonuses and penalties on that stat.

49 minutes ago, MilodicMellodi said:

EDIT: I have a question about Impenetrable Dark. Does it negate effects that already applied earlier in the turn (as in start-of-the-turn Field Bonuses)? If it does, then that's an all-around buff negation.

No. Status effects like bonuses and penalties are not themselves skills and are not nullified. You can imagine the effect of Impenetrable Dark being that it temporarily unequips all skills from the opponent's teammates for the duration of combat.

If getting rid of the opponent's teammate's skill only for the duration of combat would prevent its effect, then its effect is nullified. Otherwise, it isn't.

Edited by Ice Dragon

6 hours ago, eclipse said:

Keep the modding to those who know what they're doing, please and thank you.

The next time will be a warning, but I'm giving you this little verbal thing instead.

Oh man, morphs. . .

Sonia had a purpose (marry a dude), so she had to be female.  Limstella wasn't designed for such a role, so gender wasn't as big of a priority.  Or that's the sense I get.

They will stare at each other in complete silence, neither making a move.

I wasn't modding. Just voiced my opinion on the matter.

I got pretty lucky on this banner. I didn't want to spend too many orbs, only ended up spending around 35. Literally the last summon I was going to do was Bramimond, so awesome. My free summon was Legendary Robin, who I never had before. And then my first summon with orbs was Brave Camilla, who I also never had. Three Five-star units I didn't have without spending too many orbs. I'll take it.