Fave Fates Unit or NPC?

LaslowIsBae

Whoa I have a lot! I don't think I could remember of all of them: but my favorite from all the favorites is Izana. I marry him in my Birthright path, (don't played the other yet, not gonna play conquest for the moment cause the idea to fight with the bad guys is irritating me). After, I would say all the Hoshido royals, most of the childs: Mitama (one of my best units in Birthright, but I like her cause she have good supports conversations!), Shigure, male Kana, Dwyer, Selkie, Kiragi, Shiro, Siegbert, Forrest, Soleil, a bit Velouria, and I'm sure I forget some!

Then some vassals: Hinata, Oboro, Azama (he is so irritating, but I like him), Setsuna. And some adults: Kaden, Keaton, Hayato (since when he is an adult haha?), Scarlet, Silas, Elise..... And some more I forget I'm sure!

Funny, cause now you made me want to play Birthright, but I have to sleep.

Edited by FireFenrir

36 minutes ago, LaslowIsBae said:

Hey y'all, just wondering who your favorite character is in Fire Emblem Fates. Playable or nonplayable. I don't give a shit who. And y'all can guess who mine is. (You'll be wrong as all hell.) Alright, sleep well!

but laslow isn't a fates character

I'm sure you can all guess who my favorite fates character is(even though she's technically not a fates character) so I'm just gonna rattle off some others.

Peri: Yeah I know but she's cute and do I need anymore reason? No, no I don't

Elise: She's just very sweet, pure, and adorable.

Beruka: Kuudere sad girl.

Takumi: Male tsundere with an inferiority complex. I just generally like these types of characters.

4 hours ago, LaslowIsBae said:

Hey y'all, just wondering who your favorite character is in Fire Emblem Fates. Playable or nonplayable. I don't give a shit who. And y'all can guess who mine is. (You'll be wrong as all hell.) Alright, sleep well!

Hey, it's a Camilla fan~!  😛

---

I guess Beruka doesn't offend me too much?

I have a soft spot for all of the ten that came with me through my no pair-ups on enemy phase run, no prepromoted royals, and of course 10 unit only, but especially Ophelia, and Elise. That isn't to disparage the other 8 of legend of Niles, Effie, Silas, Peri, Beruka, Felicia, Azura and of course, Corrin.

4 hours ago, Gregster101 said:

Favorite Fates characters are probably Leo, Takumi and Oboro. No particular order btw.

Basically these, although the last one is a particular favorite.

Apart from them?  Mozu, Saizo, Shiro, Mitama, Beruka, Charlotte, Forrest, and Velouria.  If I'd put any of them within my top 4, it'd be Mozu easily, 'cuz you really can't beat lines like "you smell like a goat!"

Laslow, Odin, Leo, Sakura, Kaze, and Benny are my Top S Tier characters that I like above all the others. I'm not sure which of those I'd pick as THE Number 1, but Laslow was the first character I instinctively thought of, so, I suppose I'll go with him.

Takumi: On the top of the list is Takumi. I tend not to like tsunderes but Takumi is a more tolerable version of the trope. The most noticeable improvement is that once Takumi is won over he typically doesn't regress and demand his friends jump through hoops to prove themselves. Aside from that he's also pretty nuanced and strikes a fine line between being hostile and endearing. Takumi also walks a fine line between being both powerful and vulnerable which is somewhat rare to see. Takumi is important, endearing, interesting and a good unit to boot. Its hard to go wrong with him.

Arthur: He's proof that gimmick characters can work. He's very one note but also consistently amusing. He's the character that always makes me happy to see him show up. Same goes for Percy.

Forrest: He's a very nice subversion of expectations. His personally isn't at all the gimmick you'd originally suspect and its handled surprisingly tastefully. Its also nice to see someone openly feminine not be delicate but instead able of being quite aggressive and sassy. 

Siegbert: A nice conventional lord type of character. Not overly interesting but just a very competent depiction of the Marth archetype. 

Saizo: He's a good workhorse that fits in wherever you put him. He can be serious and edgy in the story, the serious straight man in support or surprisingly quirky once you get to know him. 

I guess I have a soft spot for Hinata too. He's just a big lovable puppy all the time. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

Scarlet- Love Wyvern riders and has a cool upbeat personality, they did her wrong in revelations lol

Reina- I like her character design especially her "X" scar also has a cool class

Elise/Sakura-Really sweat personalities 

Effie- Her personality is really cool, I just dislike her character specifically in regards to her armor though

Arthur-Whats not to love here?

Oboro-"You're gonna need stitches!"

Xander-What I want to be 

Sakura-what I actually am 

Beruka-I love wyvern riders but she scares me

Camilla-Very attractive but her clear mental issues scare me 

Selena-Cool design bad/aggresive personality is off putting though 

Hana-She seems like an all around good/stand up person 

Ryona-Lobster Lord

• 4 weeks later...

For the ladies to start
Unit wise: Corrin, Ophelia, Camilla, Nina, Effie, Velouria, Mozu and Charlotte. They all serve me wonderfully for what I need them to do...DELETE ENEMIES.

Personality wise: Ophelia is priceless, Nina is adorable, and Soleil's radiance is AMAZING. Even if it gives me lots of flack I also like fem Corrin cause at least her VA gives her emotion unlike the male avatar. I know fates writing butchered her no matter what sadly but at least through Nohr route it feels like she's human especially as it progresses and has to make the tough and dark decisions the route forces you through.

Design: Honestly most of the Nohr army has good designs in my opinion.

Oh yeah and for Hoshido...I like Kagero and Oboro and I guess Hinoka is okay. That army just doesn't appeal to me really.

For the men
Unit wise: Xander, Corrin (sadly), Kaze...Niles sometimes

Personality: Odin, Xander, Niles

Design: Also mostly good except for Izana, Leo, Silas and Dwyer

For Hoshido...I honestly forget most of them. The only really good exclusive one I guess is Ryoma