Is it possible to do this?

LinxG

I wanted to know if it is possible to change a character's portrait after a certain chapter in fe7, for example if I wanted Hector to have a beard  after chapter 25, is it possible to do it? And if so, could someone tell me where to find how?
P.S: I already thought of using Ninian and Nils, because, as far as I know, they share the same stats, but I discarded this idea because I wanted to do what I mentioned with multiple characters.

Edited by LinxG

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2020 at 8:32 PM, lightcosmo said:

There might be a patch in FE builder, there is for FE8, at least.

What would that patch be? I want to do the same thing as OP, just in FE8 instead. Looked pretty much everywhere and I haven’t had any luck... It’d be changing a charater portrait entirely (not just in cutscenes) after a certain point in the story, basically a GBA version of the 2nd half of Three Houses where the the character has the same stats, but a different portrait. 

2 minutes ago, CranJam said:

What would that patch be? I want to do the same thing as OP, just in FE8 instead. Looked pretty much everywhere and I haven’t had any luck... It’d be changing a charater portrait entirely (not just in cutscenes) after a certain point in the story, basically a GBA version of the 2nd half of Three Houses where the the character has the same stats, but a different portrait. 

Switch Portrait Image by Chapter, Class, Flag.

34 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Switch Portrait Image by Chapter, Class, Flag.

Thank you so much! Was starting to get worried that all the time I was spending in making portraits was all for naught. Even if what I’m making never sees the light of day, at least someone else in my position will know how to fix it.