New Feh Channel!

Anacybele

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The difference is one of them is married to another lord, the other is not.

Caeda.

11 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

...what's the CHOP organisation? Am I missing something or is it just an axe pun?

It's something kinda goofy and comedic they introduced in one of the Forging Bond events. I think it was the Thracia 776 one last December, if my memory serves me correctly. It was just an organization for axe-users...with Anna in the background actually making a bunch of money off them, if I remember right.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

what's the CHOP organisation? Am I missing something or is it just an axe pun?

In the Osain's Forging Bonds, CHOP is what burly axe wielders in Askr call their group. I believe Dorcas, Arthur, and maybe Bartre were in it, trying to recruit Osain. In the Feh manga, Edelgard tries recruiting them to the Adrestian Empire. 

Also, cute pixel art, but I hope this isn't the real/only Feh channel in a while. 

... I will admit I liked the lord descriptions a lot. Very meta. And it might hint at Legendary Seliph. Also, both Dimitri and Claude were infantry. 

Edited by Thane

The 8 bit animation is a nice touch and very well done!

But i hope this isnt all for a 30th Fire Emblem anniversary on a Fire Emblem game that has all the Heroes across all games? That would be rather a huge dissapointment, especially considering how much money this game pulled in.

both the most useless and cutest thing i've ever seen

i mean, i expected a subtle FE17 reveal at the end, to partially justify the whole Lord showcase, but it was just that, a homage showcase do people really not know every FE Lord? it's 2020 come on

again, cute but useless

I honestly thought they were going to give us pantsless Marth at the end, hahah.

This was adorable and I loved everything about it. It's really nice to see how they went through all the effort to make pixel sprites for all the lords.

Speaking of lords, it's interesting that they included Sothe, but not Elincia or Azura...ah well, I adore Sothe so I'm not complaining.

Male Corrin hasn't been doing so well at the lottery recently, bless his heart.

Oh my gosh I love it. It's so cute, and I love how the descriptions of the heroes at the end reference all sorts of funny/dream scenarios (like Eliwood and Roy's relationship and Lucina being awkward around Marth, or Byleth picking up after people in Askr) and even referencing some of the comics (like Edelgard taking an interest in C.H.O.P.!) Looking forward to those 8bit maps/accessories! I hope I can get them all!

Edit: ALSO if you guys notice in Sigurd's description it says that he hopes to meet his ancestor (Baldr, I think) in Askr. Do you think that's a hint to the next Legendary/Mythic?

Edited by Mercakete

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Oh yeah, I also don't get why Sothe would be considered a lord but Elincia isn't. Elincia had a main role in two games and was literally the main female in one. 😕

Technically that and plus they didn't showed Kris (the first Avatar before Robin, Corrin, and Byleth) from New Mystery of the Emblem in the 8-Bit trailer as well since he's/she's a main character (I know he's/she's technically not in Heroes yet) and even Radiant Dawn Ike wasn't shown as well since both Robin, Corrin, and Byleth got two 8-Bit portraits and class map animations each.

Speaking of which, what is your thoughts of an official 8-Bit portrait and class map animations of Ike, Emphraim, and Sharena since those were your three favorite main characters in the franchise that were shown in this 8-Bit trailer?

I do like all the official 8-Bit class animations and portraits of all the main characters since this feels like they're going back to the past on the NES era.

Edited by King Marth 64

Well this was absolutely adorable and charming

Alphonse doing 38x2 damage to Marth, and taking 0 in return? no wonder it crashed.

Time to use a lot of the odd comments in the character section to theorize about esoteric hints they are dropping about future content... I suspect most of these will be wrong, but it is fun to guess.

The Alphonse comment makes me think we might be getting a free barracks upgrade soon.

I wonder if the Sharena comment is hinting at them adding in some more Learn with Sharena content.

Is the FEH team predicting an Anna to get a brave alt soon...

Are we going to see original Veronica joining the team?

Promoting the return of the Regal Rabbits are they, or is this about the springtime voting gauntlet? Than again... are they hinting at some story content involving Bruno with heroes from Mystery of the Emblem?

Heh, I wonder if there will be tempest trial with Marth meeting "Marth" soon...does this hint at some kind of Archanean banner in the future as well?

Are Alm and Celica going to have a new Bound Heroes map using their brave versions? Or is this just hinting at a revival of their bound heroes map in the future?

Celica seems to hint at it being the Brave version, with her being a sword infantry. Then again her not liking fighting makes me think she is hinting at a change in the

Glad I'm not the only one who jumped to the Baldr conclusion, as it is the wild hint I hope comes true the most.

Bound hero battle with Seliph and Shannan? Or a Seliph and Shannan Duo unit?

I hope the Leif comment is hinting at more Thracia characters, and not just making a joke about there being enough Thracia now...we didn't even get Halvan if they wanted to brag about Fiana characters...

Does this mean a Roy and Eliwood Duo unit is coming? Is there going to be another Grand Conquest where Roy can show off his leadership skills?

I wonder what kind of growth Roy could have in Askr... Is this hinting at origional Roy soon getting the bonus stats of a FEH pass skin?

Oh no not another Lyn Alt 😛 I kid, they are probably hinting at a new way to get the older FEH pass skins for characters, starting with the first of course.

Is there going to be a banner with Uther? Perhaps another Grand Conquest with Eliwood and Lyn (they did have the three colors...I did find it a little odd with Lyn as a green unit)? Or is it a Voting Gauntlet this time?

Are the blandula twins getting a Duo Hero? Hopefully with Eirika as the main to keep Ephraim from having 2.

Or are they going to be Forma in the future, mercenaries of a sort.

Prepare Meat??? Is there going to be some change to the cooking in the Aether Resort?

Micaiah Yune (as a bird) duo hero? Funnier yet hint at Micaiah bird Yune Halloween costume?

...Dawn Brigade banner with Sothe playing a part in that banner's "story" content? Perhaps as a dark minion of the erotic dream fairy (and no I don't actually care enough to look up her name).

Chrom Alt about a disasterous future? Or simply a returning Chrom banner?

More hints at a Marth and "Marth" meeting...

My wildest dream is this is hinting about a Male vs Female Avatar Voting Gauntlet, with the arrival of Kris finally filling out the final slots.

We already know about the return of Legendary Robin in Bramimond's banner, or are they hinting at a change to the Legendary Hero battle maps with the first of the LHB maps? Is this the arrival of Abyssal + difficulties...

I wonder if this is hinting at a lottery pull in the Aether Resort...or could they be hinting at a change in how pulls work? My recent horrible luck with pulls makes this too relatable.

Is there going to be a banner with Corrin: Wailing Soul in the near future? Or a Voting Gauntlet that hearkens back to the old Shadow in the Mirror one, where units face the version of them that "went to the dark side"?

Is Byleth (M) hinting at a change to the useless +5 feather per day changing to some random other collectables you can find in the Askr castle?

Heh, is Byleth (F) hinting at a more reasonable way to compile a DC manual, perhaps Byleth (M) as a special unit with a high price?

The return of CHOP, with Edelgard as a new member we meet. I wonder if this will be for another Forging Bonds, or perhaps CHOP takes on the tempest, or even a CHOP paralogue!

Is Dimitri about to expand the inventory caps with this exploration of Askr's abundance?

Claude adding more hints of a change in how food works in FEH. Are there going to be temporary food buffs soon?

I hope this means an Itsuki and Chrom Bound hero battle incoming.

As much as I love 8/16-Bit stuff, I would have prefered to get at least some information of the channel. I don’t see them doing another channel soon, and that’s weird, because april is the month of big updates (starting with the summoning pool demotions). 

39 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

As much as I love 8/16-Bit stuff, I would have prefered to get at least some information of the channel. I don’t see them doing another channel soon, and that’s weird, because april is the month of big updates (starting with the summoning pool demotions). 

To be honest I also would like some other news with it. The April update is still hollow apart form the refines to my knowledge. I mean they perhaps have included clues about future events (Mythic Baldr). Is another Feh Channel possible but with actual news? 

But it was a great tribute to the whole series so I can't really complain much, seeing all the Lords (and Sothe) in there was pretty nice. 

1 hour ago, King Marth 64 said:

Technically that and plus they didn't showed Kris (the first Avatar before Robin, Corrin, and Byleth)

The first avatar was Mark from FE7.

FEH Channel is inevitable and all that.

8 minutes and an 8-bit look. It's also all text, I know why, but why? Also, it's 30 years and she decided to develop a game. Anna gets to say something for the first time in forever, the text crawling writing is killing me. Thankfully it freezes up right as the combat starts. So we get 8-but special maps, which are giving accessories. And that's it (.....). After scrolling through the lords.

Okay that's legit bad if it wasn't just an April Fool's update. And that's not until tomorrow. Heroes you ware making justifying looking at you so difficult.

3 minutes ago, Thane said:

So, Feh had 96/99 stamina... Does that mean we'll get something in three days? Didn't they do something similar with a reveal some time ago? 

They did.

I really hope so.

Edited by Dayni

That was cute, although I have to echo the comments about Sothe being odd. I'd think Elincia and Azura would both deserve a spot over him.

The implications about Baldr are interesting. Dimitri and Claude showing up as infantry is also interesting, but so does Eliwood so I'm not convinced there's anything to that. Although Dimitri and Claude will both be getting brave versions soon and probably legendary ones at some point.

I don't know how it is these days, but throughout the FE6-10 era, story-locked usually-forced usually-annoyingly-late promotions were pretty much reserved for Lord characters, so Sothe fits the bill to a T, even if he didn't have an exclusive class of his own.

EDIT: Additionally, Sothe is forced to be deployed in every chapter when he is available, and his defeat is a game over condition in every chapter where he can be deployed.

Edited by Ice Dragon

54 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I don't know how it is these days, but throughout the FE6-10 era, story-locked usually-forced usually-annoyingly-late promotions were pretty much reserved for Lord characters, so Sothe fits the bill to a T, even if he didn't have an exclusive class of his own.

EDIT: Additionally, Sothe is forced to be deployed in every chapter when he is available, and his defeat is a game over condition in every chapter where he can be deployed.

Hmm, that's true. Awakening/Fates dropped that entirely, but Three Houses sort of works that way, with Byleth and the house leaders getting new promoted classes over the course of the story (while also having access to normal classes).

Although the promotion logic also suggests Mist, who unlike Sothe, actually has a unique class. 

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

I could have sworn he could be killed off/not deployed in 4-E (you have to bring him into the tower but not into individual maps), but that's only the last five maps of the game.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Although the promotion logic also suggests Mist, who unlike Sothe, actually has a unique class. 

Mist doesn't have a story promotion in either game.

Volke, though, does have a story promotion in Path of Radiance, though he lacks the other qualities.

1 hour ago, Glaceon Mage said:

I could have sworn he could be killed off/not deployed in 4-E (you have to bring him into the tower but not into individual maps), but that's only the last five maps of the game.

Huh, yeah, that's right.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Mist doesn't have a story promotion in either game.

Volke, though, does have a story promotion in Path of Radiance, though he lacks the other qualities.

Huh, yeah, that's right.

In Radiant Dawn, Mist's promotion isn't tied to the story, but in the JP version, she does need a special item (like secondary FE7 lords).

Just now, Othin said:

In Radiant Dawn, Mist's promotion isn't tied to the story, but in the JP version, she does need a special item (like secondary FE7 lords).

Yes, but that isn't a story promotion. And she still also isn't a consistent forced deployment unit or a defeat condition.

47 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Yes, but that isn't a story promotion. And she still also isn't a consistent forced deployment unit or a defeat condition.

Fair enough. Still, I feel like it makes Sothe's story promotion within a normal class feel less noteworthy.

That said, forced deployment seems more decisive: the only units forced into the tower are Micaiah, Sothe, Ike, Sanaki, and the dragons. Sanaki only joins very late, which sets her apart from the other picks here. Forced deployment also gives reason against including Azura.