[FE5] Tina or Linoan?

Aziamuth

Hello, Serene's Forest. I am currently doing my first playthrough of Thracia 776. Although I was reticent at first, I am having quite the fun with it.

I am currently doing 12x, waiting for the dancers with Master Seal and Warp to appear, and obtained Tina (couldn't obtain Trude tho, he was too damn far).

I have noticed that Tina and Linoan are fairly similar, and I would like to use the Paragon tome on one of theme. However, I am having a hard time deciding which one should get it. Tina comes earlier and has, from what I understand, unique access to Thief and Unlock staves, but can't use magic. Linoan coes a bit later, can use magic and has better growths on certain areas.

I don't think one is better than the other, so I would like some input from people who finished the game.

Of those 2, Linoan. Tina's class promotion only uses Light magic of which there's not much so you'd just be promoting Tina for the increased staff rank really.

Good options for Paragon at this point I would say are Eda and Miranda if you're planning to use either.

Tina is amazing if you can get her magic up thanks to the thief staff, and getting double the xp will help her reach the ludicrous magic levels to steal anything.

19 minutes ago, Dr. Tarrasque said:

Good options for Paragon at this point I would say are Eda and Miranda if you're planning to use either.

Those are two underappreciated gems are so rarely talked about. Poor Miranda locked behind the B route, but the most likely path to using those Meteor tomes, and Eda so often overshadowed by her amazing brother.

Both have skill issues early on, so they need a skill ring or scroll which improves skill growth.

Tina has her thief staff which is just awesome. Though she needs levels fast to reach the magic in time to steal the best weapons Like dire thunder.

Linoan can use resire, so she can work as enemy phase unit, if she can take a physical hit. If she can, she'll be an awesome noferatu-tank. Though not placing her in range of enemies who can double her. Resire is heavy and tomes have no weapon weight buffer.

Both have their uses and since it's FE5 where staves are phenomenal and fatigue exists, you can never get enough of staff users.

Edited by Reisalin Stout

4 hours ago, Reisalin Stout said:

Both have their uses and since it's FE5 where staves are phenomenal and fatigue exists, you can never get enough of staff users.

This. 

There is no reason to choose between them, they are both useful on different maps, Linoan is a healer that can fight and promotes to the best class in the game, while Tina has great utility with the theif and unlock staves. If you were to give one of them paragon, it'd be Linoan,  but she doesn't need paragon to get good (her promotion bonuses alone make her solid, and she promotes from an event, not with a seal. 

You are probably better off giving paragon to one of your physical fighters, like the axebros, finn or shiva. (real men give it to Lara for the level 20/20/20/20 thief fighter)