Mythic Hero Battle: Bramimond

SatsumaFSoysoy

4 hours ago, Some Jerk said:

@LordFrigid Nice one, I didn't think this one could be OTK'd. Where was the Ally Support needed though? I can't tell, it doesn't look like D!Ephraim had Spd issues or like Sophia had tanking issues.

e: I just realized Atk/Spd Form gives a free point of Atk and Spd. The Sword Fighter had just enough to double Brazen'd D!Ephraim if the Ally Support wasn't on. That's hella rude.

Huh. That’s weird. Based on the text, he should, but apparently he doesn’t.

Spoiler

LQDjDyc.jpg

He’s not getting +1 Atk either, ceiling(57*.8) - 34 = 12 (in the screenshot he’s got Wings of Mercy instead of Lull Atk/Def). I guess there’s a secret condition on Form skills that requires at least one Ally to be in range? Ephraim doesn’t have anything that would cause that interaction. ...dang it, I literally just wrote the effect string for Atk/Spd Form for my combat simulator resurrection project. Now I have to go tweak it.

In any case, the Ally Support was for Sophia. She needs the +1 Atk to get the Bramimond KO. She comes up just slightly short without it (Lull Atk/Res puts her at 54, so +1 combat Atk actually gets her +2 effective Atk).

Nice clear yourself! RIP turn 3 reinforcements, spawning in the worst possible spots given your units’ positions. I’ll bet they were regretting their life decisions after that. Also the exact KO on Bramimond, wow.

@Diovani Bressan

Excellent use of the Whitewing weapons, and all the positioning skills that went into keeping their effects active. Palla loosing not one, but two Moonbows on Bramimond was awesome. Great work!

@Maaka

I like the Lunge craziness, actually. Very clever way to get Azura to reach the Cleric. Excellent use of Eliwood, too, and Lilina getting the exact KO was icing on the cake. Nice work!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah, for some reason I forgot that Phoenixmaster's guides exist. Though I can't use the infernal solution since I passed on getting Flame Emperor. -_- I'll just have to settle for getting the lunatic one to work.

This map didn't take very long which is nice~ I was going to use Lif and Linde, current goal is to beat all of the abyssal maps with them, but I just threw together some units I like :D. I wanted to use a different dancer but I didn't feel like wasting 20k feathers for speed tactics :L, the extra buffs and movement weren't needed anyways. It's been a while but my boy Klein returns~

Yes, I didn't complete the other difficulties so I could show off my orb count lolz

And nope, that lunatic solution doesn't work because for whatever reason, my Fjorm doesn't one-round Bramimond like Phoenixmaster's does. I really do have to skip these orbs. Shame. IS should regulate the free orbs only to easier content and have things like infernal and abyssal maps only reward less important stuff. That way players that can't clear them aren't missing out on much.

Granted, in this case it's a lunatic map as well that's unclearable for me, but I can clear those a vast majority of the time, so I won't say they shouldn't have orbs as a reward.

Edited by Anacybele

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And nope, that lunatic solution doesn't work because for whatever reason, my Fjorm doesn't one-round Bramimond like Phoenixmaster's does. I really do have to skip these orbs. Shame. IS should regulate the free orbs only to easier content and have things like infernal and abyssal maps only reward less important stuff. That way players that can't clear them aren't missing out on much.

Granted, in this case it's a lunatic map as well that's unclearable for me, but I can clear those a vast majority of the time, so I won't say they shouldn't have orbs as a reward.

Abyssal maps do not reward anything important, and they are still completely doable by free players by simply following a guide. All a free player has to do is to obtain and train every free unit that the game freely provides and keep them unmerged and unFlowered. That is an extremely low bar to set. I do not see what is so hard about following that simple instruction.

The difficulty of PvE maps is fine as is. If the game is literally handing free stuff away and veterans are showing other players how to solve any map with free stuff, there is absolutely no excuse a player cannot complete a map unless they are a really new player or something.

@LordFrigid @Maaka When I saw the map this morning I had my doubts it could be one turn cleared.  The enemy locations + Bramimond's bulk I figured would be too much for the usual set-ups.  Never thought I would see TA+Raven tomes in Abyssal clears.  Well done!

This map was complete and utter bollocks.  Tried for hours this morning, gave up, came back this afternoon and finally cracked it.  Sometimes I'm not sure what compels me to try to clear these maps with my pack of misfits I call a team.  It's not for those golden accessories, that's for sure.  Anyway, here's a video for those wanting to see how a team without healers or dancers struggle their way through this.

Bramimond's auto-double effect was so oppressive to the point where I actually took off Julius's summoner support to get around it.  With SS, he hits 35 speed exactly - and consequently gets killed.  He didn't need the extra stats elsewhere, thankfully.  I think if it had occurred to me to try the TA-Raven set up on Julius I may have saved myself a headache or two...

Edited by DLNarshen

35 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

That's weird, have you tried giving Fjorm a seal? I gave Fjorm Fort. Def seal just to mess with her attack and she still manages to get the K.O. The only way I can see you missing out on the K.O is by missing a step or Fjorm somehow doesn't proc her special.

17 minutes ago, XRay said:

Abyssal maps do not reward anything important, and they are still completely doable by free players by simply following a guide. All a free player has to do is to obtain and train every free unit that the game freely provides and keep them unmerged and unFlowered. That is an extremely low bar to set. I do not see what is so hard about following that simple instruction.

The difficulty of PvE maps is fine as is. If the game is literally handing free stuff away and veterans are showing other players how to solve any map with free stuff, there is absolutely no excuse a player cannot complete a map unless they are a really new player or something.

I'm aware of that abyssal map thing, I'm suggesting that infernal maps not reward anything important either.

Except some of those free units might be units that the player really likes and wants to build up further, like RD Ike and Brave Ike in my case.

As I just showed above, the solutions some players provide don't always work for every player.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I'm aware of that abyssal map thing, I'm suggesting that infernal maps not reward anything important either.

Infernal is fine being the way it is. The game literally gives us all we need to solve every map out there, and veteran players show us exactly how things can be accomplished with the free resources.

Except some of those free units might be units that the player really likes and wants to build up further, like RD Ike and Brave Ike in my case.

Then do NOT build them up. Set a copy aside for following guides. This is entirely on the player to control their urges and follow simple instructions. If a player likes a unit and wants to pimp a unit out, then build up and use another copy of it.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

As I just showed above, the solutions some players provide don't always work for every player.

The solution works for every player. The only reason it does not work is if a player continuously refuses to follow instructions of getting one copy of each free unit, level them up to 40, and keep them unmerged and unFlowered.

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

Infernal is fine being the way it is. The game literally gives us all we need to solve every map out there, and veteran players show us exactly how things can be accomplished with the free resources.

Agree to disagree then.

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

Then do NOT build them up. Set a copy aside for following guides. This is entirely on the player to control their urges and follow simple instructions. If a player likes a unit and wants to pimp a unit out, then build up and use another copy of it.

And clutter up my barracks with tons of duplicate units that I'd hardly ever use otherwise? No thanks.

4 minutes ago, XRay said:

The solution works for every player. The only reason it does not work is if a player continuously refuses to follow instructions of getting one copy of each free unit, level them up to 40, and keep them unmerged and unFlowered.

Then...it doesn't work for every player. Because not every player will do or want to do this.

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Then...it doesn't work for every player. Because not every player will do or want to do this.

That's the player's fault though. If a guide didn't work for you because you chose to pass on a free unit, you only have yourself to blame.

3 minutes ago, Jave said:

That's the player's fault though. If a guide didn't work for you because you chose to pass on a free unit, you only have yourself to blame.

I can't predict what units a guide will use though. So no, it isn't my fault.

@Anacybele Oh please, do not come with your "Infernal maps should not give orbs" speech. You just want for players that are able to beat these maps to not get good rewards just because you failed this time? And Guides were made for players to save that neutral hero. If you don't like to have multiple copies of the same hero, well... that's too bad then.

Also, looks like not only flowers and feathers were missed by skipping Flame Emperor... 

17 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Every F2P player that follows guides knows that keeping the neutral unit is important, and the ones that don't do that are players that do not need guides.

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

For guides, you should save EVERY FREE UNIT THAT YOU GET. If you didn't do that, so yes... it's your fault.

Anyway, for more important things...

@DLNarshen Great video! This was a great selection of heroes!

@ChickenBits Nice! You did a great job! I have a NY Lethe... I should give her a new chance.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

Pretty rough start getting used to the confined areas, but the classic Lynhardt team pulled through. Much closer kills than usual though, what with needing my Olivia's drive atk4 and Peony's cardinal drives to secure some kills for both horses.

Spoiler

feh_bramimond_mhb_abyssal_clear.jpg

The key to winning was picking off a few units, then retreating to the right and picking off more. When Bram got close enough, I started picking off more units with Lyn, splashing him with savage blow to get his hp low enough for her to quad ORKO him.

Witnessed this glorious True 1-Turn (autobattle) clear, was amazing seeing Bram get destroyed on that def tile.

Spoiler

Just now, Anacybele said:

And clutter up my barracks with tons of duplicate units that I'd hardly ever use otherwise? No thanks.

There is nothing wrong with duplicate units. I do not see how duplicate units are cluttering up anyone's Barracks if it is just one extra copy. The game even automatically organizes the Barracks for you. This is not about liking or disliking how your Barracks looks. This is about following simple instructions to get rewards. Getting hung up on rewards over how one's Barracks looks is just... I do not know what to say. It just does not make sense. PheonixMaster1 is not asking us to spend money or do something extremely difficult.

My Barracks is nearly maxed at 1,090 something units and I am still able to find space for all copies of Grail units the game gives me, and I have not booked a single Grail unit yet.

You do not have to predict. You just have keep one of each free unit.

If a student does not do the homework a teacher assigns just because the student does not like to do homework, then it is entirely the student's fault for failing. And in this scenario, a student like PheonixMaster1 is letting us copy his homework, and the teacher does not even care that it is copied. 

6 minutes ago, XRay said:

ou do not have to predict. You just have keep one of each free unit.

If a student does not do the homework a teacher assigns just because the student does not like to do homework, then it is entirely the student's fault for failing. And in this scenario, a student like PheonixMaster1 is letting us copy his homework, and the teacher does not even care that it is copied. 

True, but homework is something that's required and will have a negative result if not done. This isn't the case with orbs or Phoenixmaster's videos. I'm not required to complete these maps. Although, if I don't want to miss out on a lot of orbs in the long run, I should and I do try to complete them, because I'm encouraged to. But I feel discouraged when so many of them are really hard.

I can even say that last sentence applies to homework too. It's not fair to a student if a teacher gives them super difficult homework that they struggle with, even when they make an effort to try to do it.

Edited by Anacybele

@Rezzy What a great video! I believe Celica is one of the manuals we can cpile, right? I should pick her to fix my -Atk Celica. Fjorms was also so cool in tanking all those attacks and surviving with 1 HP .

4 minutes ago, XRay said:

if a student does not do the homework a teacher assigns just because the student does not like to do homework, then it is entirely the student's fault for failing. And in this scenario, a student like PheonixMaster1 is letting us copy his homework, and the teacher does not even care that it is copied. 

In her case, she wants to copy PM1's homework, but she doesn't have pencils, pens, or any materials to do it because she said "I don't need these materials".

10 hours ago, XRay said:

Had to replace Olivia's Wings of Mercy with Daggerbreaker to weaken Dragonslasher, but Celica cleaned up the rest by herself.

Might be easier with 3 Dancers/Singers and have Rauðrblade on M!Morgan and replace Chrom: Crowned Exalt with another Dancer/Singer. If you have issues with mobility due to the waterway blocking your way, you can try using F!Morgan with Blárblade, run Azura: Vallite Songstress, and two other infantry Dancers/Singers. For the Dragonslasher unit, it hard counters Desperation nukes, but a good old wack from a melee Dancer/Singer before killing it with a ranged nuke will do the trick.

No I fucking tried that shit and it didn't WORK, I am NOT going through that a-fucking-gain.  No thank you.

27 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

True, but homework is something that's required and will have a negative result if not done. This isn't the case with orbs or Phoenixmaster's videos. I'm not required to complete these maps. Although, if I don't want to miss out on a lot of orbs in the long run, I should and I do try to complete them, because I'm encouraged to. But I feel discouraged when so many of them are really hard.

A student is not required to have good grades either. I have the full rainbow of grades when I was in middle school, all the grades from A to F, and they still let me go to the next grade anyways. The fact that homework is hard does not even matter because another student lets us copy it for free. All we have to do is make sure we have the tools to copy it.

16 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

No I fucking tried that shit and it didn't WORK, I am NOT going through that a-fucking-gain.  No thank you.

You do not have to go through it again.

I use Celica and her Atk cannot reach as high as a Blade mage, and she has no issue clearing things. When trying to clear difficult maps, try to remember which enemies you have difficulty with and adjust your Special and A slot accordingly to take those units out, and you might also need to run a Chill skill on the Sacred Seal slot of one of the Dancers/Singers. My go to Special is Growing Wind, but I had to switch to Blazing Wind for this map to deal with Bramimond and the blue dagger unit.

13 minutes ago, XRay said:

A student is not required to have good grades either. I have the full rainbow of grades when I was in middle school, all the grades from A to F, and they still let me go to the next grade anyways. The fact that homework is hard does not even matter because another student lets us copy it for free. All we have to do is make sure we have the tools to copy it.

You do not have to go through it again.

I use Celica and her Atk cannot reach as high as a Blade mage, and she has no issue clearing things. When trying to clear difficult maps, try to remember which enemies you have difficulty with and adjust your Special and A slot accordingly to take those units out, and you might also need to run a Chill skill on the Sacred Seal slot of one of the Dancers/Singers. My go to Special is Growing Wind, but I had to switch to Blazing Wind for this map to deal with Bramimond and the blue dagger unit.

When I said no I meant it.  End of discussion.  No going on about what X or Y thing to do is.  I cleared the damn map, stop going on about how my solution wasn't what you would have done and leave it at that.

@Some Jerk Instantly obliterating enemies is always good, that's how I roll. Well, except I don't do one-turns. Unfortunate that Silvia had to take a relative backseat this time, but relying on your allies is never wrong lol. Klein did very well ORKOing Bram, and Delthea was really reliable.

@Wanda Nice, fellow Kagero user! I didn't use her this time, but I have a +10 one too. Didn't get LnD4, though, sadly. Very nice clear, and very strong Tharja too. Kagero made Bram look stupid, as she does.

@LordFrigid Nice Sophia. I just bought the Pass and am going to build her next, mostly for AR use. I've given her Atk/Res Solo and QR3 for now, but I don't have a premium B to give her yet. May have to stick to Guard. She's also still only +1 +Atk.

I think this is the first time you EPed more than one thing for your one turn clears. Sophia demolished Bram easily.

@Diovani Bressan I like Palla a lot, so I'm glad you used her! She did pretty well. Too bad Catria wasn't here.

@Maaka Wow, really nice with Lilina. Haven't seen Raven Lilina in a long time (understandably).

@DLNarshen That looked really rough, but really nice job! Kempf's chip damage was a big help, and the Flash effect came in clutch this time! That dragonslaying dagger is annoying, huh?

@Landmaster @Alexmender @mcsilas @Zeo

Celica + Kagero was again not quite working out this time. Not enough room to do things. Instead of dropping Celica, though, I decided to drop Kagero instead since she was missing a lot of kills, but after I switched teams it didn't take too long to figure out.

I chose this song because the chaotic duet went with Bramimond's quirks.

1 minute ago, TheSilentChloey said:

When I said no I meant it.  End of discussion.  No going on about what X or Y thing to do is.  I cleared the damn map, stop going on about how my solution wasn't what you would have done and leave it at that.

I am just suggesting things so you do not have to go through the same trouble next time. There is no need to be hostile.

Took me a while of (metaphorically) bashing my head against the wall, but was able to clear infernal with a team of blue Reinhardt, dancing Reinhardt, Eir, and Kempf. Double savage blow with pain splash and flash is so good, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have been able to take out Bramimond as effectively if he'd been able to counter me.

Speaking of which, positioning is apparently everything. I had several restarts where I placed a unit in a location where I couldn't get them to where they needed to be later, and it messed up the whole strategy. Also, the bridge was super helpful because I just had my entire team run over to the right side of the map and clear that area, while the two armors slowed down all the enemies that were trying to kill me from the other side of the map. Thankfully my unmerged blue Reinhardt didn't die to that red mage, which he needed to tank.

EDIT: Abyssal? Ah, yeah, I'm not doing that shit on my own. Used PM1's strategy, which worked well. I mean, he uses all neutral characters, yes, but my Veronica is +spd -HP, which has fucked up some AI movement in the past. But not here, which was nice.

Edited by Sunwoo