Can't find my Modules in Nightmare

QuadxPotato

Well apparently I can't do something as simple as put a snip in here, but basically no matter how many times I download the GBA Modules, I cannot find them in my Nightmare. When I click the "Modules" tab to load new modules I only ever get my 2 lord of the rings the third age roms, and nothing else. I tried saving the modules and moving them into a different folder to see if I could find them there and no luck. I can find the downloads in a single click going to my documents, but never in Nightmare. I need help...

2 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Download FE builder, it's much more user friendly. 

. . .not helping.

To answer the original question, follow what's in Chapter 2 of this.  Basically, you need to open the ROM, then open the modules.  If you know where the modules are, point Nightmare to them.

9 hours ago, eclipse said:

. . .not helping.

To answer the original question, follow what's in Chapter 2 of this.  Basically, you need to open the ROM, then open the modules.  If you know where the modules are, point Nightmare to them.

Well, I didn't want to over complicate things for someone who obviously was new to this, and Nightmare is outdated, that's a fact. FE builder is very user friendly, and not hard to figure out like Nightmare is.

The short version, editing in the Builder is far superior, and using Nightmare is pretty pointless at this point.

Edited by lightcosmo

Light,

I downloaded FEBuilder, and am still having the exact same issue...I can download any rom I want as many times, but I just cannot find the roms. Even though I can click on my documents and find everything in one single click. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I move the folders to downloads, documents, desktop, anything really. I have no idea why they aren't showing when I open up FEBuilder.

image.png.5e0da24bb15384db56515339e07913d3.png

image.png.c9eca87d7a51ecaad8bac0e58a6d524f.png

image.thumb.png.23a717f6616aa2ef4074139d0f05472f.png

image.png

17 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Well, I didn't want to over complicate things for someone who obviously was new to this, and Nightmare is outdated, that's a fact. FE builder is very user friendly, and not hard to figure out like Nightmare is.

The short version, editing in the Builder is far superior, and using Nightmare is pretty pointless at this point.

Don't assume things like this in the future.  I find certain tasks much easier in Nightmare.  I'm not going to recommend it over FEBuilder, but it's important to respect the fact that not everyone wants to use FEBuilder.

15 hours ago, QuadxPotato said:

I downloaded FEBuilder, and am still having the exact same issue...I can download any rom I want as many times, but I just cannot find the roms. Even though I can click on my documents and find everything in one single click. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I move the folders to downloads, documents, desktop, anything really. I have no idea why they aren't showing when I open up FEBuilder.

Okay. . .see that Select a ROM window?  It's pointed to Quick Access.  So AFTER you unzip the ROM you want to use (and make a copy and keep that copy somewhere safe), you'll need to double-click on Documents. . .or whereever you actually put the ROM you want to edit.

5 hours ago, eclipse said:

Don't assume things like this in the future.  I find certain tasks much easier in Nightmare.  I'm not going to recommend it over FEBuilder, but it's important to respect the fact that not everyone wants to use FEBuilder.

I was going off of the fact that Nightmare isn't user friendly at all, which can turn newer people away easily. Sure, some things might be easier to a more seasoned modder. But you do have a point, I was really just trying to make it much easier for someone new.

Edited by lightcosmo