What cards would you like to see before FE Cipher end?

FireFenrir

As for the next set I'm hoping for Fiora, Raven, Rath and Heath since I haven't seen any good cipher artwork of them that I liked yet. For the final set...eh, I would love to see one final card for Anna, doesn't matter which version of her they use but I'm assuming they would probably choose one from a recent game like Heroes or Three Houses.

In an amazing twist, a character I never knew was possible to get a card did. Gatekeeper! Great to know they're still willing to do NPCs for promo cards even as the game nears its end: https://serenesforest.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/EYrR2raVcAA0aLt.png

Maybe there's hope for Mustafa yet.

Lots of really great reveals this livestream. Best of all being the confirmation that Cipher is as committed as ever to giving minor/non-lord characters  love! I did have my doubts about the final set but good to know they're sticking with what makes it so special as a celebration of Fire Emblem. Danved even though we already had Devdan was especially a surprise, as was Gaiden!Silque. I look forward to see what else is in store! As well as to see the finished 13-card-SR paired art, looks to be gorgeous.

Also @eclipse I think Tomas might have made a cameo at least? Not as good as a card of his own (though he may still get one with Danved did, who knows), but while I may be wrong, it at least looks to be him and not one of the other green-haired archers in the background of Kris (f)'s card:

TweetDeck-Google-Chrome-5_23_2020-8_34_1

1 minute ago, AllStarKnight said:

Also @eclipse I think Tomas might have made a cameo at least? Not as good as a card of his own (though he may still get one with Danved did, who knows), but while I may be wrong, it at least looks to be him and not one of the other green-haired archers in the background of Kris (f)'s card:

Given the events that lead to his recruitment. . .would be nice, but probably not him.  My guess is that it's a generic archer that was a part of Cecille's platoon.

Thanks for the mention, though!

Edited by eclipse

Just now, eclipse said:

Given the events that lead to his recruitment. . .would be nice, but probably not him.  My guess is that it's a generic archer that was a part of Cecille's platoon.

Thanks for the mention, though!

Oh, that's a shame. I figured that with Cecille in it, they were trying to fit in cameos to characters without cards, but I didn't realize she had an archer platoon. I guess that explains why they aren't showing his face/making a clear cameo in this one if he's generic.

No problem! Here's hoping he'll get an actual card, or at least a clear cameo in the card of another member of the Prison Squad.

I really think they will put characters they never putted before on set 22. And that is something great! We can still hope for more NPCs, but that amazing Gatekeeper card is a good surprise to me! 

I want the remaining Archanean characters to receive one card. Unlike Thracia and co, Archanea likely won't get a re-remake and Roberto, Belf, Tomas, etc likely won't get much shine. 

For the most part I just want to see the remaining holes in the roster filled, but of the ones missing I'm hoping the most for Medeus, Duma, Dart, Isadora, and Helbindi. Thankfully it looks like they're going to try to get some of them filled with the remaining sets as those like Heath, Formortiis, and Kronya popped up in the stream, so hopefully that continues.

• 4 weeks later...

I’ve got only three characters that aren’t in Cipher at all that would be dream additions: Hrid, Rodrigue, and Lambert. I don’t think their odds are good, especially Hrid, since Heroes cards have been so heavily female focused. But those three would make me the happiest now the Great Lord Dimitri has been revealed for Series 21 and Male Enlightened One Byleth for Series 22. 

On 6/21/2020 at 4:25 AM, Liliesgrace said:

I’ve got only three characters that aren’t in Cipher at all that would be dream additions: Hrid, Rodrigue, and Lambert. I don’t think their odds are good, especially Hrid, since Heroes cards have been so heavily female focused. But those three would make me the happiest now the Great Lord Dimitri has been revealed for Series 21 and Male Enlightened One Byleth for Series 22. 

I'd say Hrid has a good chance of getting in, probably even set 21, but we'll see this thursday I guess. I have little hope Rodrigue will make it in, and I see no possible way Lambert will make it in.

On 6/21/2020 at 4:25 AM, Liliesgrace said:

I wish to see a Hrid too. After all, he is one of the prince of Nifl, so I don't think they will not put him, and also he looks to be quite appreciated by fans. 

As for Heroes characters I wish to see, there is Henriette. A paired card with Henriette and Alfonse/Sharena would be great. Even if she is not playable actually (hope to see her playable one day in the game!)

I hope we had a chance to see Rodrigue and Lambert. If they could put every single character from the saga that would be the best thing, but there's too much for put them all.

Edited by FireFenrir

Now that B21 is out, thought I'd do an update on my wanted cards. I got Jeritza, Ashe (post-skip), Balthus, Hapi, Hilda (post-skip), Leonie (post-skip), Ignatz (post-skip), Mercedes (post-skip), Raphael, and Shamir (canon outfit), plus in B22 even wanted cards I didn't mention here (like the paired art of the 3 house leaders), so I'm really happy about all of that!

I am surprised Gilbert didn't make it in B21, given he's an Azure Moon exclusive, and I wonder if he might still make it in B22. We know we're getting Kronya, and certainly some other students, so we might not have room for him. Not a huge loss, but it would feel a bit like a missed opportunity to have the full playable cast.

Along with him, I'm still hoping for Mustafa (who's chances may be higher now that he made it on a regular banner in Heroes) or Phila, and a new card for one of Boey, Clair, or Tatiana. The others I mentioned seem much less likely now.

Newer hopes are for two Black Eagles students in Master Classes (like Dorothea as Mortal Savant), Guinivere as our final Legendary Weapons SR, Corrin (f) Nohr Noble and Byleth (f) Enlightened One SRs that can be swapped for the (m) versions on the Lord SR spread, and then 4 HRs instead of the usual 3 that would give a unique card to the lords who only show up in the art of the spread (so like: Celica HR with Alm SR, Seliph HR with Sigurd SR, Ephraim HR with Eirika SR, and Chrom HR with Lucina SR)

Edited by AllStarKnight

So for 9-piece SR set for Elibean Legendary Weapon set: Since we still do not who wields Aureola, I want to know who would be wielding it when the final booster pack comes out. Can we also get FE6 Karel foil maybe?

On 4/9/2020 at 2:01 PM, whase said:

Lute, always need more Lute cards, at least a 3/2c please, pretty please?

Bartre, I've seen he gets at least 1 card, but I would like to use him as a lord so I'm hoping for a 1c as well as a promoted form.

More villains, I've been waiting for a villain focus set, but I doubt that's happening now. More specifically I'm planning on making an Ashera theme deck, so I could use some senators and Levail.

Well, I got my 2 Bartres (and more Fir) so I'm happy with that.

Looking at what characters don't have cards yet, it would be really nice to have Giffca to have all PoR playable units. And if we're going there why not Nealuchi and Renning to fill out RD?

Also I noticed Kishuna (the magic seal) on a list of characters that don't have cards yet, and that would sounds like a really cool card.

I'm gonna be honest, I never played Cipher. I just enjoyed the pretty art from behind the scenes and since we are waiting for the last expansion and then it's over this might be as good a time as any to give my two cents about what a good job they did and who I want to see join at the last minute.

Cipher already gave cards to a lot of less famous characters I love like Zola, Petrine, even MERLINUS of all people, so I can't say I'm unhappy. And the few revealed cards we have for Booster 22 already gave love to a few other characters I wanted like Kronya and Miranda, so even if there is only a small chance with the few slots left I'm hoping beyond hope that even more characters can get a card at the last minute. And since I don't care about the actual gameplay I won't talk about getting more cards for existing characters in Cipher, even if some more nice cards for my favorites would certainly be good and alternative looks for characters that have more than one appearance (old man Karel, Renning even if we already have him as Bertram, Lehran) would be sweet.

Without further ado, here's the last cards I hope to see before the game ends.

First of all, HONORABLE MENTIONS: every character that is currently in Heroes.

With how much Heroes gets compared to Cipher and how often it's stated that Cipher gives a better and more complete representation it feels weird to me that a few characters got love in Heroes but no love in Cipher.

So it's about time we get cards for Bramimond, Mustafa, Duma, Rudolf and Kempf (merchant Anna would be cool too).

Still they are honorable mentions because it's better to only have representation in Heroes than to get nothing like my actual choices.

RED CARDS

Medeus. Absolutely Medeus. It's unreal that the OG final boss got no love in Cipher. He got love in the first TCG and he gets love in Smash, so why not Cipher?

Eremiya is also a top choice since I love the side plot of the assassins. Some playable characters I also would like to get in are Ymir, Roger, Radd, Frost and Lorenz

And from Echoes, absolutely Nuibaba, Marla and Hestia. It's incredible that we got a generic witch but not the witches we actually care about. It makes me mad in a way.

BLUE CARDS

Not much since Awakening is already well represented. But since we are going to get blue cards anyway it would be nice to get the remaining generals of Walhart's army, Cervantes and Pheros. Excellus was inexplicably chosen instead of either of them so it could be a good occasion to rectify that mistake.

WHITE/BLACK CARDS

Please please please, give me the capturable bosses. It was such a cool feature and it would be a shame to not represent it. And it's not like we have many other cool things that could be done with the Fates portion of this set. Of course it's impossible to get all of them in but they could prioritize the three that appear in the main story (Haitaka, Kumagera and Daniela) or the ones who were supposed to be regular characters (Candace and Nichol). Anthony would be a good meme pick that would make me laugh.

GREEN CARDS

Since we got the surprise reveal of Kyza, we are exactly two cards away from completing the Laguz roster. So I can't help but hope for Giffca and Nealuchi. If we get that I'll be happy since Tellius would be pretty much perfectly represented. I suppose we could also have NPCs like the merchants and Amy or some bosses like Levail and Jarod but I don't want to be greedy. The laguz are what's important.

PURPLE CARDS

From FE6 I want the remaining playable characters. We are so close. Geese is a personal favorite of mine so if I have to pick one I choose him. Jahn would be cool too.

Same thing for FE7 but from that game I want Dart and Isadora.

Same thing again for FE8 but above all else Orson. Completing the Grado generals would be cool too but there are so many of them, Duessel, Glen, Caellach, Riev and maybe even Vigarde himself. Definitely unlikely.

Then there's the Champion's Blade manga who randomly managed to squeeze in another character a long time ago in the form of Celdia. So I guess it is possible it will get one more thing at the very end. Even so, I don't know if I actually hope for anyone since I haven't read the manga.

YELLOW CARDS

From FE4 the remaining substitutes and also a lot of options for important bosses. Among those I personally want Hilda because of the infamy she carries on her shoulders.

From FE5, oh Naga, everyone? Thracia got the short end of the stick in Cipher. So much of its playable cast is missing, I don't even know who to choose. Maybe Dagdar and Galzus beacuse of their connection to Tanya and Mareeta respectively? And also the villains. I am all for villain rights and want to get all the final bosses represented. So I will hope for a Veld card until the bitter end.

COLORLESS CARDS

Heroes got ONE card in the last all-stars set, so it's naive to hope for much. Especially since they don't seem to care about completing it's roster and from a certain point of view it makes sense. Since Heroes will continue to add more original characters after Cipher dies, it's the one game with actually zero chance to get a complete roster. If it got a complete roster in a few months it would morph into an incomplete one. So why bother?

Still there are some fan favorites who are requested like Hrid and Laegjarn. But personally even more than them I actually want Hel and Freyja. Maybe it's my OCD talking but it bothers me that Surtr got a card but not the other final bosses. So if by some miracle two Heroes characters get a card in the last set, it's Hel and Freyja I want.

With Warriors they could pick the boring option and just give us Rowan and Lianna. Or they could pick the awesome option and give us Yelena. I would be all for that.

BROWN CARDS

This one is a bit of a bummer. If Three Houses came out sooner or the card game lasted a few more sets they would have given this game the Awakening/Fates treatment and we would have gotten basycally all the major NPCs and also some genrics like a giant golem, a giant bird, a giant wolf...

Still it's possible they will have Three Houses Bias in the last set since it's the most recent game. So I will continue to hope for cards of the NPCs.

In particular I want Ladislava, Randolph, Fleche, Judith, Nader, Thales, Solon, Monica, Cornelia, Aelfric, Sitri and the two remaining saints in their monster forms.

I know we are also missing Gilbert, but I hate him so I wouldn't care if he got shafted. Imagine if we got a card of Annette's mom and not him. The ultimate F*** you towards that garbage father. It won't happen but I would like it.

EXTRA

A couple of things that don't really fit anywhere else. First of all it would be cool to get cards for the remaining NPCs of TMS. Especially Ayaha and Riku. Also TMS Anna.

And lastly, a couple words for Cipher itself. Obviously there is no way Cipher's roster gets less than 100% representation, it would be a paradox.

But one thing that would be nice is to focus on Poe, Alice, Valjean and Niamh. They were introduced later so they have less cards, which is a shame. Booster 21 seems to realize this as it focused on them. Or they could give a card to all 8 characters but I don't really want that. It would certainly be to the detriment of other characters which would lose their chance to get in Cipher.

And that's all. I tried to be comprehensive and not forget any character I care about. I thank the amazing user HeskethTisca on Reddit who always keeps track of who is and who isn't in Cipher. Without their work writing this post would have been a pain.

I have a strong feeling they were planning Almyran versions of Claude, Hilda, and Lorenz, as their current cards are specifically masked as "Fodlan" versions.  Was really hoping to see what those looked like; maybe we'll luck out and at least get a couple in the final set.

1 hour ago, shiningdialga said:

I have a strong feeling they were planning Almyran versions of Claude, Hilda, and Lorenz, as their current cards are specifically masked as "Fodlan" versions.  Was really hoping to see what those looked like; maybe we'll luck out and at least get a couple in the final set.

I can see why you might have first thought that, but actually, the reason they are marked as "Fodlan" is because they all happen to share names with characters in other Fire Emblem games. Only one made it into Cipher so far, and his name is put as Claude (Jugdral) to differentiate from Claude (Fodlan). If we ever got Hilda from Jugdral or Lorenz from Archanea, then they would follow the same format, so that's why Hilda and Lorenz have (Fodlan).

Holy crap, I did not know that!  I figured it was probably linked to Almyra because the three marked as "Fodlan" just happened to be the three main Golden Deer characters.  Go figure this group in particular have repeating names.