Another Feh Channel!

Anacybele

I really hope the kiddie banner has Navarre on it, but I don't think they will put my favorite SD character on it.  I would also be fine with Minerva.  I think I will go green or blue if I can on the free 5* since I don't want anyone in red and colorless is 4*s.  After this Mythic banner ends I am going to start saving for the braves since the thought of getting two of them for free makes me very happy (Dimitri and Claude if I don't pull them first).

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

58 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Another small note that I just thought of that kinda bugs me is that Nils isn't included in this, but Ninian is. You could say it's because he's such a new unit, but then you have Tsubasa there to shoot that theory down. Just kinda bugs me.

It's obvious why Tsubasa is there. Itsuki isn't in the pool, he's a grail unit. So they have to go with the next best thing for TMS and that would be Tsubasa.

I was checking the Feh Channel again, and I was paying attention to the Limited Hero Battle. Looks like we already know the "games limitation" for those maps:

• Oliver's GHB: Shadow Dragon (and New Mystery) only.
  • Alm & Celica's BHB: Sacred Stones only.
  • Lyon's GHB: Awakeing only.
  • Cecilia & Lilina's BHB: Blazing Blade only.
  • Female Grima's LHG: Path of Radiance / Radiant Dawn only.

Still no idea if "no refreshers" applies to all maps. Some of them may have "no healers" instead. I don't know.

I may practice Grima's LHB map right now and check if I can beat it, since her map is available because of the banner.

40 Summons Consolation Prize is by far the best announcement in this video. Honestly I feel is something that should have been there a long time ago, since a lot of other gachas do it (KOF All-Stars comes to mind), but I guess better late than never. It's nice to see that those who save their orbs at least have their most wanted ensured if they're willing to spend them, but I do wonder if the Consolation pull will be Neutral or still have a chance at any nature. I don't think they addressed that.

Fates banner, FUCK YEAH RINKAH. I will pull for all colors, but Rinkah is my most wanted so I'll take her for the Consolation pull if I don't get her earlier.

Free 5* Lord. This is hilarious. Green is the best choice by far with three Premium units, and one of them having Distant Counter. Blue is the next best pick with some great prizes such as Tsubasa, Micaiah and Ephraim. Ninian and Azura are OK too, but Robin and Corrin are there to screw over your plans. Red is a huge gamble with 10 Premium units and 9 non-Premium, essentially a slightly edged coin toss. Some great stuff there including a Distant Counter unit, but way too many bad pulls to make it worth IMO. Colorless is a joke. Like, seriously, unless you get the extreme bad luck of an all-colorless circle, or Sothe/Nanna are your ultimate Hasubando/Waifu, why would anyone pull this? And come on, IntSys, you add in both Byleths but the Three Houses Trio are out? At least Claude would have made pulling colorless interesting!

when i saw screenshots of the 40 summons prior to watching the video i totally thought it was some late april fool's thing and lost my mind when i saw it was real.

i'd love if someone like michalis or merric got the other new heroes like marth & caeda but i won't hold my breath. would personally love iago for a ghb, but i'm also uhhh....someone with a Thing for evil boiz and would have romanced him if i had the option to be completely honest lol

6 minutes ago, spaghettibrat said:

when i saw screenshots of the 40 summons prior to watching the video i totally thought it was some late april fool's thing and lost my mind when i saw it was real.

i'd love if someone like michalis or merric got the other new heroes like marth & caeda but i won't hold my breath. would personally love iago for a ghb, but i'm also uhhh....someone with a Thing for evil boiz and would have romanced him if i had the option to be completely honest lol

I'm totally with you, this would have been hilarious to me haha, I do love his design.

49 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I would personally love to see Iago as a Grand Hero Battle. His Japanese voice is great and his face is super punchable.

The fact that so many people here are advocating for an Iago GHB means you guys hate me don't you? X(

1 hour ago, Gregster101 said:

The fact that so many people here are advocating for an Iago GHB means you guys hate me don't you? X(

Or, I don't know... maybe people want him in the game? 

I want Iago as GHB. I am not saying it because I hate you, because I don't even know you. I am saying it because I want Yago. That's all.

Do not take everything to a personal level, because it's not personal.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

Thank Naga they replaced Feh's voice actor. Sothis is perhaps a little too normal for a talking owl, but I much prefer that over the squeaking from before. Anyway, I was surprised at how much I enjoyed this Feh Channel. A lot of awesome updates for us Summoners.

• I'm liking the bounty of orbs the reward maps are promising.
  • The free 5* lead really goes to show just how many sword lords we've got (11/15 for the guys, 6/16 for the girls) even when not counting Itsuki. As for the pull, I'm actually intending on going blue. With my Julia at +10 and perfectly amazing as she is, I don't like green's 1/3 chance of giving me a completely superfluous unit. Even if I didn't restrict myself from using 5*s for skill fodder she doesn't have any anyway. Red is way too saturated and grey is simply a joke, so blue it is.
  • IS has heard our pleas, for pantsless Marth has arrived! He and Caeda look really cute, although I'm more curious who else is getting on the banner. This focus on Caeda does make me realize how little relevance she actually has to the plot...
  • "Do not Sing or Dance"......I feel vindicated for restricting myself to infantry no-dancer teams on GHBs, LHBs, and MHBs now. However, I can see some players, especially newer ones, getting screwed over by the game restrictions. If you didn't get at least a few appropriate 5*-exclusives it might be difficult to make a properly balanced team.
  • Nice to see the filter options. I probably won't ever remember to use them, but QoL updates are always good to have.
  • Demotes ahoy! Now maybe I can actually get Norne some merges!
  • Another all-female banner. I kid, but it looks like poor Forrest got doubly unfortunate from being both a healer and the single male. I am liking the other three, but unfortunately Bramimond's banner drained my orbs. I guess I'll have to hope the tickets are generous.
  • This change to summoning New Heroes is fantastic, especially since it isn't affected by any 5* units you may have already pulled. A minimum of 135 orbs (w. tickets) and a maximum of 195 orbs (wo. tickets) for the 5* of your choice is surprisingly reasonable.

Looking at the new 40 hero summoning system now, I definitely plan on taking advantage of it! I will go for full circle pulls because I really want to save orbs. At the end of the day, I often only want one unit from each new heroes banner, and being able to pick up other focus units or pity breakers and STILL being guaranteed the one I want is not a bad deal at all. Even better if I get them early on, and Then I can decide to keep going and pick up someone else too

5 hours ago, Gregster101 said:

Iago and Hans are some of the worst villains in all of Fire Emblem. You can't convince me otherwise.

I mean

I completely agree

But I'd still want them to get in the game at SOME point.

1 hour ago, SockPuppet said:

Looking at the new 40 hero summoning system now, I definitely plan on taking advantage of it! I will go for full circle pulls because I really want to save orbs. At the end of the day, I often only want one unit from each new heroes banner, and being able to pick up other focus units or pity breakers and STILL being guaranteed the one I want is not a bad deal at all. Even better if I get them early on, and Then I can decide to keep going and pick up someone else too

Full pulls still seem suspect to me.

Say a banner only has three relevant colors - if one color doesn't have a focus unit, or if its only focus unit is a demote you're fine waiting to get inevitably anyway. If you drop one color, say it's 25% of the available summons and you go from a session meaning you're doing 5 pulls at a cost of 20 orbs to an average of 3.75 pulls at a cost of like 16 orbs. (In reality, a given color is not necessarily exactly 25% of the summons, but this seems like a close enough simplification for these purposes.) If you do the full pulls, you need 8 sessions, so that's 160 orbs, or 135 after you account for the free pulls. If you pull only three colors, you need an average of about 10.67 sessions - a cost of about 170.67 orbs, or 145.67 after you account for free pulls. So only about 10 extra orbs on average.

In either case, you're pulling 40 times. But if you're doing full pulls on a banner where only three colors have relevant focus units, you're only getting like 30 summons with a chance of a focus unit you want - at a 3% rate, that's 0.9 5* focus summons on average - or more, accounting for pity rate. On the other hand, if all 40 of your pulls are from colors with relevant focus units, they all have that chance, so it's 1.2 5* focus summons on average - an increase of 0.3, or more accounting for pity rate. So by cutting out a color you don't care about, you're basically paying an extra 10 orbs for about a 1/3 chance of getting an extra relevant 5* focus summon. That seems worthwhile to me.

Personally, I'll probably keep sticking to sniping single colors most of the time, but this could get me to be a bit more flexible when I'm on the fence about a second unit or if I'm getting close to 40. This will definitely get me to pull on New Heroes banners more often than I've been doing so far, though.

7 hours ago, Hilda said:

I mean look at the Elibe Representation vs the Tokyo Mirage Representation. Even then Nils would be a far faaaar stretch. I dont consider Nils on equal ground vs all other Lords, Ninian on the other Hand is also a far stretch but not as big as Nils. They could have excluded Ninian too if they wanted, because Elibe is well represented.

You kinda missed the point. One game having more characters to represent it versus another isn't the issue. It doesn't matter if one game is "well represented" or not, the fact of the matter is that Ninian has now been explicitly shown to be considered one of the LEAD characters of Blazing Blade, and if she is then I feel Nils should be as well. They have equal screen time and equal importance to the story; the one and only thing Ninian has over Nils is the possibility of being Eliwood's wife, but that doesn't diminish the important role Nils has in any way, shape, or form. They're shown together on equal ground 99% of the time, and they're both the main driving point in Nergal's plot.

7 hours ago, Anacybele said:

It's obvious why Tsubasa is there. Itsuki isn't in the pool, he's a grail unit. So they have to go with the next best thing for TMS and that would be Tsubasa.

You also missed the point. I mentioned Tsubasa *specifically* because it means how new a unit is doesn't determine whether or not they're included in the free summon. And IS has considered her an equal lead to Itsuki for ages now I mean she got a Spirit in Smash Ultimate over him and she's always the one used for promotion purposes.

36 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I mentioned Tsubasa *specifically* because it means how new a unit is doesn't determine whether or not they're included in the free summon. And IS has considered her an equal lead to Itsuki for ages now I mean she got a Spirit in Smash Ultimate over him and she's always the one used for promotion purposes.

This does make sense. Chapters 1, 2, and 4 are all built around Tsubasa starting up and developing herself as an idol. Itsuki is fairly unimportant, he's got near-zilch in narrative importance or good characterization, he is practically but not technically silent, and unlike a slew of silent protags, he isn't at all special. His only real moment in the limelight is at the very end of the game.

18 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Green, because there is a 1/3 chance of getting DC... If I get a Green orb. lol

Cool! I really want DC too. Good luck too!

And does anyone know if "New heroes summoning" event include seasonal heroes?

I mean Valentine's or Christmas or something like New year heroes.

So this happens immediately AFTER I pull 5S Reyson trying to finally get Spring Camilla. And immediately AFTER I find out Heroes played a part in Cipher calling it quits.

...Actually, I would have viewed this much better just having not heard about Cipher until after seeing this, because knowing I have until the end of the year to get the Cipher OCs makes every news drop that doesn't include them hurt.

Just now, LucinaRobin said:

Cool! I really want DC too. Good luck too!

And does anyone know if "New heroes summoning" event include seasonal heroes?

I mean Valentine's or Christmas or something like New year heroes.

Those Banners are considered 'Special Heroes' Banners, not 'New Heroes' Banners, so no.

11 hours ago, Gregster101 said:

Iago and Hans are some of the worst villains in all of Fire Emblem. You can't convince me otherwise.

Lovely, no one asked you.  Keep this to yourself next time.

10 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Still no idea if "no refreshers" applies to all maps. Some of them may have "no healers" instead. I don't know.

Hmmm. . .I wonder if it's merely the presence of "Dance/Sing/something like it" that will trigger it.  Because if so, I can retool a couple of dancers into combat units. . .and get my healer, too~!

8 hours ago, NSSKG151 said:

Never knew Cynthia and Sigrun were male characters.

come on, they're not as bad as other Male Wyvern Riders; also, if you really want to count them, they're only 2, MWR are much more numerous

4 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

And IS has considered her an equal lead to Itsuki for ages now I mean she got a Spirit in Smash Ultimate over him and she's always the one used for promotion purposes.

i wonder if it's because she's a cute big-breasted idol

anyway, can't wait for Rhea to get added in heroes and grab 1 extra copy with the new "40 summons" mevhanic