Another Feh Channel!

Anacybele

4 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

the one and only thing Ninian has over Nils is the possibility of being Eliwood's wife,

And the getting herself offed by Eliwood and the getting herself unoffed by Bramimond and the single-handedly offing two dragons and nearly offing a third.

She also has 1 point of Con over Nils, which is the one stat they don't share.

Edited by Ice Dragon

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

And the getting herself offed by Eliwood and the getting herself unoffed by Bramimond and the single-handedly offing two dragons and nearly offing a third.

She also has 1 point of Con over Nils, which is the one stat they don't share.

But can she dance and play flute at the same time? That takes serious breath control, which I'd imagine also has combat applications as a dragon. (Rather nonserious response, here.)

4 hours ago, Kruggov said:

Which is a detriment to her, since she never uses weapons 😐

Outside of FEH that is 😄

But Ninian can rescue Nino, whereas Nils can't without a Body Ring.

And the only person that can rescue Nils, but can't rescue Ninian, is Serra. And why would you ever make Serra carry anyone? You monster.

Edited by Ice Dragon

6 hours ago, eclipse said:

Hmmm. . .I wonder if it's merely the presence of "Dance/Sing/something like it" that will trigger it.  Because if so, I can retool a couple of dancers into combat units. . .and get my healer, too~!

It's probably the same criteria as GC uses for its only one dancer rule, whatever that is.

Edited by Othin

6 hours ago, eclipse said:

Hmmm. . .I wonder if it's merely the presence of "Dance/Sing/something like it" that will trigger it.  Because if so, I can retool a couple of dancers into combat units. . .and get my healer, too~!

I wonder what is considered "Hero with Dance/Sing" for these maps.

In Rival Domains, if you have a Olivia without Dance, she is still considered a Hero with Dance. I mean, you cannot have Olivia without Dance and Azura with dance in the same brigade.

Next time when CE!Chrom and GA!Lucina show up, I think I will try summoning them since they can act as pseudo Dancers/Singers. That should help ease the no Dancer/Singer requirement.

Edited by XRay

This Feh channel was fantastic, 40 summons are very fair for a free 5* unit! Also very interesting are the GHB revivals, I hope that we can get additional copies, if so I can certainly finish my Kempf +10 project. 
The CYL banner will be a "New Heroes" banner, if I recall correctly, this would mean that we could get 2 free copies of the CYL heroes... I plan to +10 Brave!Lysithea, 2 free copies  would be very nice. I hope they will give us, two copies for free (the classic one and the 40th summon choice) there are certainly many people who are interested in 2 of the CYL winners, they would also benefit from this.
All in all, was in this channel nothing to cry about, a free 5* unit is always nice and the next special heroes are looking interesting, since shadow dragon was my first Fire Emblem. I hope they will do something funny, like young Jagen or Wendell. The fates banner is a welcomed skip for me, so I can save more orbs (983 Orbs now).

5 hours ago, Othin said:

It's probably the same criteria as GC uses for its only one dancer rule, whatever that is.

5 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I wonder what is considered "Hero with Dance/Sing" for these maps.

In Rival Domains, if you have a Olivia without Dance, she is still considered a Hero with Dance. I mean, you cannot have Olivia without Dance and Azura with dance in the same brigade.

GAH.  Can't they just check for the presence of the "Dance/Sing/whatever" command instead?!  That way, I can do things like abuse Peony's weapon!  Or use Shigure/Inigo as combat healers.  Or just have Leanne tag along so she can be a melee colorless nuke of sorts who also happens to heal.

8 minutes ago, eclipse said:

GAH.  Can't they just check for the presence of the "Dance/Sing/whatever" command instead?!  That way, I can do things like abuse Peony's weapon!  Or use Shigure/Inigo as combat healers.  Or just have Leanne tag along so she can be a melee colorless nuke of sorts who also happens to heal.

I'm guessing the rationale is, it's easier to check if the units composing a team are illegal than to have situations where they might be selected as a legal team but then become an illegal team because you change the sets on them.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

I'm guessing the rationale is, it's easier to check if the units composing a team are illegal than to have situations where they might be selected as a legal team but then become an illegal team because you change the sets on them.

I'm thinking if they did the "is there more than one Dance-like skill on a character" check as a conditional to pressing Start, it would work. Which is how I thought it worked, but alas.

19 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

One of those is kinda the same continued event, and the other is something Nils could certainly do if he transformed. I don't think either is something Ninian has *over* Nils, though, honestly. That's just how I see it, though.

22 hours ago, Yexin said:

come on, they're not as bad as other Male Wyvern Riders;

On what basis? They have nothing special in either their stat spread or their skills, they’re not any better than their male counterparts. Even some premium units like Sumia and Fiora have nothing to make them objectively worth it.

14 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

and the other is something Nils could certainly do if he transformed.

I'm pretty sure it's well established that Ninian is the stronger of the two, and Ninian did it without transforming.

14 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I don't think either is something Ninian has *over* Nils, though, honestly. That's just how I see it, though.

Ninian is necessary for major plot points. Nils is not. The story could have progressed in the same way and to the same effect with minimal changes if Nils were removed from the game entirely, but removing Ninian or having Nils take her place would not garner the same kind of impact.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Ninian is necessary for major plot points. Nils is not. The story could have progressed in the same way and to the same effect with minimal changes if Nils were removed from the game entirely, but removing Ninian or having Nils take her place would not garner the same kind of impact.

If Eliwood was female, the story would've been exactly the same if Nils had taken Ninian's place.  Hell, spin it so that the weaker dragon sibling stays, since Ninian has a duty as an oracle, and Nils has no such constraints.

But alas, Binding Blade was first.

11 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm pretty sure it's well established that Ninian is the stronger of the two, and Ninian did it without transforming.

Still kinda moot.

11 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

You could say that about SO MANY things in SO MANY FE games that this is also kinda moot.

9 hours ago, eclipse said:

If Eliwood was female, the story would've been exactly the same if Nils had taken Ninian's place.  Hell, spin it so that the weaker dragon sibling stays, since Ninian has a duty as an oracle, and Nils has no such constraints.

But alas, Binding Blade was first.

^And also that.

Regardless, kinda going in circles now, and maybe a little off-track.

7 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

You could say that about SO MANY things in SO MANY FE games that this is also kinda moot.

Saying something else is necessary to the plot doesn't make other things any less necessary to the plot, nor does it make people and things that aren't necessary to the plot any more necessary to the plot.

^And also that.

"But alas, Binding Blade was first."

I'm not sure you realize it, but Eclipse's statement was essentially, "Here are some small, logical changes that would make it work, but it's unfortunate that they all hinge on being able to change something that cannot be changed due to continuity with Binding Blade."

And even if you could make those changes, it doesn't change the fact that Ninian was the one that ended up in that role and not Nils. You don't credit an actor for a role they could have performed, but didn't.

Regardless, kinda going in circles now, and maybe a little off-track.

Yeah, it's been clear to me that you have no intention of changing your mind, but the debater in me can't let thoughtless arguments stand unchallenged lest people actually believe them.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm not sure you realize it

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

but the debater in me can't let thoughtless arguments stand

And that's the kind of condescending snark that makes it difficult to say two words to you on this forum and checks me out of everything you say. Come back to me when you have your nose out of the air, you arrogant dick.