In My Dreams I Can! (Emperor Siegfried Plays Dreams. Current Exhibit: The Outer Depths)

Hi everyone, here is a bit of an interesting idea of an LP I think.  Some of you might have heard of the PlayStation 4 video game Dreams, a game/tool engine developed by LittleBigPlanet developers Media Molecule.  Long and short of it, this is a game where if you... dream it *hiss* you can make it, you can see it, you can use it, you can watch it, you can play it!  This game is a monster to dive into and quite a bit to master, but in the end something that I think is really worth sinking into if you want to push the limits of your creativity.  I've been playing for the last few days and I have only begun to get the hang of it myself.  And the content in there has been really fun to dive into as well.

A lot of it has been so fun that I've decided, "Hey, maybe I could use this to promote my video stuff?"  And that is the way I plan on doing a "Let's Play" of Dreams for the PlayStation 4.  I will be wandering and searching across the game for new content and new sights that seldom get promoted and hopefully be able to showcase what Dreams is really capable of.

So what can you expect from this corner of the LP corner?  Primary idea is to do the LP of games that are on this game here like I said earlier.  Anything could be suggested though, if you want me to watch an animation/short and commentate it MST3K style or just stare at a full beech breakfast showcase for a certain duration, within Dreams the potential is only limited by what you perceive as being possible.

On top of that I plan on doing a segment I'll call "Development Journal".  Yeah, I plan on creating stuff in Dreams as well, it's probably going to be a while though because I'll have quite a bit here to get used to and master before it fits my standards of presentable.  Stay on the lookout for them though, I hope they are all sights you look forward to seeing realized one day.

Now you're probably wondering, "I don't have access to Dreams, so how can I suggest stuff?"  It's pretty easy actually, Dreams has a website that you can access as well as a search function below:

https://indreams.me/

Just think of anything you would like to suggest for me and I'll get around to it.

In the meantime, I would like to present to you proof that I do intend to do an LP of some kind... An LP of the first ever Fire Emblem appearance on Dreams: Nino's Dash.  Quite the character to first represent the series on this game isn't it?  The game is pretty simplistic and short, but it's not a bad first impression for the series to appear on here I think.

And so with that, I hope you all look forward to future dream diving and future explorations of this game.  Come with me guys, and let's dream on!

Edited by Emperor_Siegfried

• Emperor_Siegfried changed the title to In My Dreams I Can! (Emperor Siegfried Plays Dreams. Current Exhibit: Konkey Dong Odyssey)

Here's something a bit more substantial this time around guys, a delve into an in-progress 3D platformer titled Konkey Dong Odyssey.  What?  That totally isn't Donkey Kong!  No copyright breaking here! 

So Donkey Kong 64 is one of my childhood favorites and among my top 10 Nintendo 64 games at minimum.  It's quite a missed opportunity in my opinion that nobody at Nintendo was able to get someone to make a spiritual successor of some kind.  One mj80399 seemed to agree with me and they've been hard at work trying to make sure that 

So how about it?  How much does this game expand your dong?

So far 4 levels have been completed and it seems that there will be a grand total of 15 in the future.  I thought I would just at least show what's available here for now.  I'll be revisiting this one some day when it's more complete.  Consider this a preview for what the game could ultimately become.

That's the video for today, looking forward to dreaming with you guys again.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everybody.  So thanks to Final Fantasy 7 Remake, I sort of fell off for a bit.  I'll also admit I wanted to make sure that Konkey Dong: Odyssey was promoted for as long as I could possibly have it be promoted, it's part of the big deciding factors that made me want to get Dreams in the first place.  Ideally I won't be keeping you from witnessing any more explorations into this game though.

Good news is that game should not have control over my sleep pattern for the next few years and I'll be able to continue exploring Dreams.  Turns out that leaving it alone can give way to some neat new stuff to explore.

So here's a fairly lengthy one: Galaxy Cadet 2020.  What looks to be a simple recreation of an arcade game at first... well you've probably got the idea already.

Quite the experience isn't it?

That's the video for today, looking forward to dreaming with you guys again.

Welcome back everyone.  So here we are with another exploration into Dreams and this time it's sort of an Alien Isolation clone by the name of The Outer Depths.  This has also been a pretty lengthy one at roughly 3 hours for me to complete, but unfortunately the story in here like other entries is also not complete. Because of the length, it's been split into two videos so you should have the chance to enjoy as much as you want to see before you finish the entire thing.  If you're looking for one of the meatier submissions that Dreams has however, this is definitely one that I recommend checking out.

Those are the videos for today, looking forward to dreaming with you guys again.