The state of the world after the war

I have been thinking lately about how the societies of the different leaders they create after the war would be structured and what the state of the world won't really be like. I have been trying to create a role-playing setting set after the events of Crimson Flower. So I have been trying to expand on what we know about how this future society of Edelgard would actually work. 

I wrote up this text to try to cover the different regions of the new Adrestian Empire and its neighbours and what its political climate and policies would be like. As of yet very much just on the surface. But there are quite a few things I discovered made a lot of sense. Here is what I wrote:

"The people of Fodlan used to be divided into three nations, the Adrestian Empire, the Holy Kingdom of Faerghus and the Leicester Alliance, all of them united by their worship of the goddess Sothis and the influence of the Church of Seiros. In recent years, Emperor Edelgard of the Adrestian Empire led a war against the church of Seiros after discovering that its leadership were immortal dragons that had been suppressing the technological advancement of humanity for over a millennia. The holy Kingdom of Faerghus and the Leicester Alliance fought against the Empire in the war, and were absorbed into the Empire by the end of the war. While the nations of Faerghus and Leicester doesn’t exist, some of its people still hold on to their old cultural identities and are hostile towards Edelgard and her Empire. Others are grateful for just how much things have improved under Emperor Edelgard and have started to identify as Adrestian, rejecting their old nation’s culture outright.

The Adrestian Empire

The Empire was originally founded by Emperor Willhelm with the help of Saint Seiros, the founder of the Church of Seiros, it used to span the entire continent of Fodlan, but later rebellions made it splinter into the kingdom of Faerghus and the Leicester alliance. Under Emperor Edelgard Faerghus and Leicester was reabsorbed into the Empire and they are once again as powerful as they were in their prime. Some would say the golden age brought upon by Emperor Edelgard by far eclipses the old Empire in prosperity. The Empire used to be closely aligned with the church, and controlled by nobles bearing the crest of the four Saints. The Emperor having the crest of Seiros herself. But after Edelgard’s war of liberation this system of nobility was disbanded and replaced by a meritocratic system where positions of power are determined by merit of rather than bloodline. The current officials of the Empire hand-picked by Emperor Edelgard herself as the most qualified for the job. The Emperor has declared that future emperors will not be chosen from her blood relatives, but chosen by the previous Emperor as the person most qualified to succeed them. While Emperor Edelgard is an absolute monarch, she has an equal in her co-ruler and wife Byleth, a former professor at Garreg Mach War Academy and a prolific general during the war of liberation. Edelgard respects Byleth to the point that some are starting to wonder if Edelgard is truly the one in charge of the Empire. Edelgard is also surrounded by hand-picked advisors, the most prominent person in this group being the Prime Minister, Ferdinand von Aiger, who Edelgard essentially pays to question her decisions and see things from a different perspective.

Brigid

Formerly a vassal of the Empire, Brigid regained its independence after the war, thanks to the accomplished efforts of Petra Macneary, originally a political prisoner who, thanks to her personal friendship to Edelgard became generally loyal to the emperor’s cause and Edelgard rewarded that loyalty by releasing her hold upon Brigid and making Petra Queen. The people of Brigid live in a tropical climate and are known for their shamanism and communing with spirits.

The Faerghus Territory

The primary enemy of the Adrestian Empire during the war, some in the former kingdom of Faerghus still swear by the claim of the Mad Boar King Dimitri that Edelgard was behind the assassination of King Lambert and Queen Patricia, leading to this region giving rise to rebellions the most frequently. But not everyone from Faerghus opposes the reign of Edelgard as some remember how Archbishop Rhea put their capital to the torch during the end of the war and how its citizens were saved by none other than Emperor Edelgard and her forces. Leading many to believe that maybe Edelgard wasn’t the villain many assumed she was. Faerghus has always had a strong knightly tradition, this continues even to this day, with the caveat that Emperor Edelgard made a proclamation that waived the requirement for knights to be of noble birth. Meaning that nowadays anyone who has shown to be capable of heroic deeds and loyalty can be knighted. The Faergus territory is governed by Governor Ingrid Brandl Galatea and her husband Sylvain Jose Gautier, both former nobles that has nonetheless proven to be Emperor to be capable leaders due to their accomplishments during the war. Both exemplars of the knightly values of Faergus

Duscur

Duscur exist mostly in ruin after a genocide committed in their territory by the kingdom of Faergus because they were falsely believed to have been behind the death of King Lambert and Queen Patricia. While the idea that the people of Duscur were behind the assassination has been officially denounced by the emperor, many of its people still suffer heavy discrimination. But legal protection for its citizens has been introduced by the Empire and nowadays to discriminate against a man or woman of Duscur by the basis of their ethnicity is against Imperial law. The people of Duscur has started to rebuild their homeland and with the end of the religious monopoly of the church of Seiros. They have taken up to worship their old pantheon of gods.

The Leicester Territory

the Leicester alliance used to be home to a lot of political squabbling between its Lords, being a territory controlled not through an absolute ruler, but through a council of nobles. While said council still exists, by imperial edicts. Its membership is no longer determined by birthright, but by the edict of the regional governor, which in turn is appointed by the emperor. Hostile action between members of the council is strictly forbidden as Emperor Edelgard has little tolerance for the collateral damage this causes among the people in the territory, taking military action against another member of the council is treated as an act of rebellion against the Empire itself, and they are usually crushed under the full might of the imperial army. While this has happened a few times, it is fortunately not a common occurrence. The current governor of the Leicester territory is Lorenz Hellman Gloucester.

Almyra

A proud warrior culture with a history of invading Fodlan. The Leicester territory, especially used to be threatened by their constant attempts to invade. However, in recent times . Emperor Edelgard has managed to forge a peace treaty between Almyra and the Adrestian Empire. She has recently met with the new King of Almyra, someone calling himself King Khalid. Who to her surprise and delight was none other than Claude von Riegan, one of her more reasonable rivals during the war. King Khalid and Emperor Edelgard are currently good friends, and that friendship also extends to their nations.

The Church of Seiros

While Archbishop Rhea was overthrown and the church losing its overwhelming political power and personal army, the faith and worship of Sothis across Fodlan still remains. As Edelgard went to war with the church, not the faith, the Emperor allowed the creation of a new church on the stipulation that they would keep out of politics and focus on their faith in the goddess. This new church considers Byleth a prophet of the goddess even if she has herself neither confirmed or denied this. Despite calling herself Seiros, Rhea is generally considered an impostor. As few believers could believe that the real Seiros would ever do anything as awful as burning down the capital of Faergus. There is a sect that considers Byleth to be the goddess herself and Edelgard to be divine in her own right as the spouse of the goddess. Not wanting to be worshipped in a religious sense, Edelgard has tried to crack down on this particular sect as she considers them a threat to the sense of secular scepticism she has been trying to instil in her Empire. Has been unwilling to use violent means against people whose only crime is overadoration of their leader. There are also still some remnants of the faithful who maintain that Rhea was the righteous one and that Byleth and Edelgard are heretics who are opposed to the will of the true goddess."

Do you think that this makes sense for a setting set after the war, if Edelgard wins? (Tell me if I made any major mistakes that contradicts the canon of the game)

I was thinking that it is likely that the new Adrestian Empire would operate with Emperor appointed governors when it comes to the Faergus and Leicester regions, which logically should be people originally from that region who are capable in the role, popular with the people and loyal to the emperor. While all the regions adapt Edelgard's meritocratic values, the all interpret it differently based on what there regional nation used to value. Like Faergus, with its knightly traditions considering the traits that makes someone a true knight to be the traits of merit that makes someone worthy of rule. 

I also like to imagine Edelgard trying their best to help the people of Duscur as she knows full well they were an innocent party in the assassination of King Lambert. 

Do anyone have any speculation about what things would be like under King Dimitri, Claude or Archbishop Byleth? How exactly would their society be structured logically? And what threats would still exist under their rule? As you can see, I did speculate that there would be some rebellions against Edelgard, both from people who still believe Dimitri in that Edelgard was responsible for the death of King Lambert and by remaining followers of Rhea.

On 4/6/2020 at 2:38 AM, Darkmoon6789 said:

The Leicester Territory

the Leicester alliance used to be home to a lot of political squabbling between its Lords, being a territory controlled not through an absolute ruler, but through a council of nobles. While said council still exists, by imperial edicts. Its membership is no longer determined by birthright, but by the edict of the regional governor, which in turn is appointed by the emperor. Hostile action between members of the council is strictly forbidden as Emperor Edelgard has little tolerance for the collateral damage this causes among the people in the territory, taking military action against another member of the council is treated as an act of rebellion against the Empire itself, and they are usually crushed under the full might of the imperial army. While this has happened a few times, it is fortunately not a common occurrence. The current governor of the Leicester territory is Lorenz Hellman Gloucester.

Almyra

A proud warrior culture with a history of invading Fodlan. The Leicester territory, especially used to be threatened by their constant attempts to invade. However, in recent times . Emperor Edelgard has managed to forge a peace treaty between Almyra and the Adrestian Empire. She has recently met with the new King of Almyra, someone calling himself King Khalid. Who to her surprise and delight was none other than Claude von Riegan, one of her more reasonable rivals during the war. King Khalid and Emperor Edelgard are currently good friends, and that friendship also extends to their nations.

Its interesting to note that count Bergliez is send to oversee the Alliance so while house Gloucester might get rewarded for leading the pro imperial faction its also possible that house Bergliez takes over the leading role in the Alliance. Perhaps house Bergliez sets up shop in the now vacant lands of Riegan. Its also possible that house Gloucester gets squat since their cooperation was self centered and its count is the type of noble Edelgard seems to hate. 

I don't think the roundtable have any room to exist in Edelgard's structure. Its meant to jointly rule the independent Alliance through some sort of confederation but Edelgard would likely prefer a more central rule. Ordelia ceasing to exist further complicates things. 

As for Almyra. I think Edelgard might be more dismayed than pleased at seeing ''Khalid'' on the throne. Her paralogue suggests she seems peaceful relation with Almyra but she consistently says Claude is dangerous and thus might not feel entirely secure with him as her powerful neighbor. 

Brigid

For Brigid I always found it an interesting idea if they would act like Meji Japan and modernize intensely by copying much of Fodlan's ways. Petra wanting to set up a knight order does give the idea some precedence on the island. 

The Faerghus Territory

The primary enemy of the Adrestian Empire during the war, some in the former kingdom of Faerghus still swear by the claim of the Mad Boar King Dimitri that Edelgard was behind the assassination of King Lambert and Queen Patricia, leading to this region giving rise to rebellions the most frequently. But not everyone from Faerghus opposes the reign of Edelgard as some remember how Archbishop Rhea put their capital to the torch during the end of the war and how its citizens were saved by none other than Emperor Edelgard and her forces. Leading many to believe that maybe Edelgard wasn’t the villain many assumed she was. Faerghus has always had a strong knightly tradition, this continues even to this day, with the caveat that Emperor Edelgard made a proclamation that waived the requirement for knights to be of noble birth. Meaning that nowadays anyone who has shown to be capable of heroic deeds and loyalty can be knighted. The Faergus territory is governed by Governor Ingrid Brandl Galatea and her husband Sylvain Jose Gautier, both former nobles that has nonetheless proven to be Emperor to be capable leaders due to their accomplishments during the war. Both exemplars of the knightly values of Faergus

Its probably the most difficult place to govern in either the Crimson Flower or Verdant Wind. Their whole knight mentality might give them more incentive to resist harshly and both houses Fraldarius and Gauthier are depicted as staunch loyalists towards house Blaiddyd. Most interestingly its implied house Blaiddyd is still around in Crimson flower. Dimitri tells Dedue that house Blaiddyd still lives on so either Dimitri got a kid in that route or his uncle still lives. His uncle in general seems the type to have tons of bastards. So there's room for plenty of rebellions against Edelgard's rule. 

Things don't seem any better in Verdant Wind where the whole place seems to just have collapsed entirely. With house Blaiddyd being extinct and Cornelia having fled there's a huge powergap. Tensions between the loyalist and the Edelgard cronies should logically get pretty high too. The Alliance is the smallest nation so it will likely have some trouble expanding its influence into the chaotic mess, especially because Byleth's ending said that the Slytherers and Imperial loyalists defied the new Kingdom as well. 

All routes are said to result in a golden age so eventually its all going to work out but there is certainly room for some bumps in the road. Very heavy bumbs with Byleth nearly getting overthrown in Verdant Wind and Dimitri not really finding out about the crazy mole people in Azure Moon. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

5 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Its interesting to note that count Bergliez is send to oversee the Alliance so while house Gloucester might get rewarded for leading the pro imperial faction its also possible that house Bergliez takes over the leading role in the Alliance. Perhaps house Bergliez sets up shop in the now vacant lands of Riegan. Its also possible that house Gloucester gets squat since their cooperation was self centered and its count is the type of noble Edelgard seems to hate. 

I don't think the roundtable have any room to exist in Edelgard's structure. Its meant to jointly rule the independent Alliance through some sort of confederation but Edelgard would likely prefer a more central rule. Ordelia ceasing to exist further complicates things. 

As for Almyra. I think Edelgard might be more dismayed than pleased at seeing ''Khalid'' on the throne. Her paralogue suggests she seems peaceful relation with Almyra but she consistently says Claude is dangerous and thus might not feel entirely secure with him as her powerful neighbor. 

For Brigid I always found it an interesting idea if they would act like Meji Japan and modernize intensely by copying much of Fodlan's ways. Petra wanting to set up a knight order does give the idea some precedence on the island. 

Its probably the most difficult place to govern in either the Crimson Flower or Verdant Wind. Their whole knight mentality might give them more incentive to resist harshly and both houses Fraldarius and Gauthier are depicted as staunch loyalists towards house Blaiddyd. Most interestingly its implied house Blaiddyd is still around in Crimson flower. Dimitri tells Dedue that house Blaiddyd still lives on so either Dimitri got a kid in that route or his uncle still lives. His uncle in general seems the type to have tons of bastards. So there's room for plenty of rebellions against Edelgard's rule. 

Things don't seem any better in Verdant Wind where the whole place seems to just have collapsed entirely. With house Blaiddyd being extinct and Cornelia having fled there's a huge powergap. Tensions between the loyalist and the Edelgard cronies should logically get pretty high too. The Alliance is the smallest nation so it will likely have some trouble expanding its influence into the chaotic mess, especially because Byleth's ending said that the Slytherers and Imperial loyalists defied the new Kingdom as well. 

All routes are said to result in a golden age so eventually its all going to work out but there is certainly room for some bumps in the road. Very heavy bumbs with Byleth nearly getting overthrown in Verdant Wind and Dimitri not really finding out about the crazy mole people in Azure Moon. 

With Claude I was thinking that Edelgard and Claude were actually on somewhat good terms when he left Fodlan, at least in comparison with Dimitri. Edelgard would probably still be wary of him as the king of Almyra, as she knows that Claude is an incredibly accomplished schemer. But I do think that overall the two would leave the others respectve kingdoms to their own devices. At the very least the both of them have an incentive to establish diplomatic relations between Fodlan and Almyra. I don't think Claude would have any desire to conquer Fodlan or take it from Edelgard, they would still be wary of one another, but I think they have enough in common so that they could come to an agreement and I think on some level, they do have respect for the other as a monarch.

You do have some rather interesting ideas, might use some of them. I put Lorenz in charge because as I intended this to be a role-playing game setting. It is usually good to have a familiar face in an important role, which is why I tend to gravitate towards putting former students in this role, as we know the most about them. As you are saying, Brigid might be in the process of some modernisation. So, as a replacement for the roundtable system in the former Leicester alliance, how do you think that structure would work? Assuming putting a governor in charge of it all wouldn't be enough. I personally think that just because Lester and Faergus were conquered by the Empire doesn't mean that the people would lose their old mindset completely, in fact, I think some of it would likely linger even as part of the Empire. Like how I think the knightly values of Faerghus would likely persist even after the war.

12 hours ago, Darkmoon6789 said:

As you are saying, Brigid might be in the process of some modernisation.

It would be interesting and typically royals who spend some time abroad take a lot of ideas back home. And her Ashe support implies its something Petra would do. 

12 hours ago, Darkmoon6789 said:

So, as a replacement for the roundtable system in the former Leicester alliance, how do you think that structure would work? Assuming putting a governor in charge of it all wouldn't be enough. I personally think that just because Lester and Faergus were conquered by the Empire doesn't mean that the people would lose their old mindset completely, in fact, I think some of it would likely linger even as part of the Empire. Like how I think the knightly values of Faerghus would likely persist even after the war.

I think the Alliance should be pretty smooth sailing for Edelgard. Its loosely knit so none of the lords have enough powers to defy her and with Ordelia, Riegan and possibly Daphnell all gone there's enough land for Edelgard to give to loyal cronies. Also the newly released interview stated that culturally the Alliance resembles and seeks to emulate the empire, meaning they might fall in line relatively quickly.  So I'll think she'll install some new leaders in those vacant  region and just administers the place as another imperial province. Goneril would be a bit of an exception. She'd likely treat Holst like she does count Bergliez, giving him a lot of leeway because he really is the best man for the job. 

7 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

It would be interesting and typically royals who spend some time abroad take a lot of ideas back home. And her Ashe support implies its something Petra would do. 

I think the Alliance should be pretty smooth sailing for Edelgard. Its loosely knit so none of the lords have enough powers to defy her and with Ordelia, Riegan and possibly Daphnell all gone there's enough land for Edelgard to give to loyal cronies. Also the newly released interview stated that culturally the Alliance resembles and seeks to emulate the empire. So I'll think she'll install some new leaders in those region and just administers the place as another imperial province. Goneril would be a bit of an exception. She'd likely treat Holst like she does count Bergliez, giving him a lot of leeway because he really is the best man for the job. 

That is very interesting, so is it possible that the alliance split from Faergus because they wanted to be more like the Empire? 

When it comes to house Gonoril, good point, but their territory is also very close to the location of Shambhala, so it is possible the Agarthans might inflict significant damage on that territory before being ultimately destroyed. I'm assuming a raid on Shambhala will take place by some point, honestly I am not sure what will happen after Thales uses the Javelins of light on the location of Shambhala, there is no Rhea to take the blow from all of those missiles. If Holst survives , there might be significant relief effort from the Empire considering his territory might become another valley of torment.

I am just going to assume for the sake of convenience that Edelgard didn't lead that attack on Shambhala personally is that would mean the death of the Emperor.

30 minutes ago, Darkmoon6789 said:

That is very interesting, so is it possible that the alliance split from Faergus because they wanted to be more like the Empire? 

Not exactly since they originally rebelled against the Empire too. 

30 minutes ago, Darkmoon6789 said:

When it comes to house Gonoril, good point, but their territory is also very close to the location of Shambhala, so it is possible the Agarthans might inflict significant damage on that territory before being ultimately destroyed. I'm assuming a raid on Shambhala will take place by some point, honestly I am not sure what will happen after Thales uses the Javelins of light on the location of Shambhala, there is no Rhea to take the blow from all of those missiles. If Holst survives , there might be significant relief effort from the Empire considering his territory might become another valley of torment.

I am just going to assume for the sake of convenience that Edelgard didn't lead that attack on Shambhala personally is that would mean the death of the Emperor.

For the most part the fight against the Slitherers is more of a covert war led by Hubert. After his paralogue he says Edelgard's war will be done and that the next war will be his. but the attack on dubstep city would definitely have Byleth and Jeritza present since their ending is about assaulting it. Deaths would probably be light since none of the endings mention any casualties.

2 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Not exactly since they originally rebelled against the Empire too. 

For the most part the fight against the Slitherers is more of a covert war led by Hubert. After his paralogue he says Edelgard's war will be done and that the next war will be his. but the attack on dubstep city would definitely have Byleth and Jeritza present since their ending is about assaulting it. Deaths would probably be light since none of the endings mention any casualties.

Which would mean for some reason Thales didn't use the missiles this time. I have kind of realised that if he did, Byleth and Jeritza would be kind of screwed. 

Is the difference that Rhea wouldn't be present? Granted, I thought he did this because he wanted to kill Byleth/Sothis. In fact, what reason does he have to not use the javelins of light once the location of Homebase is discovered? I have a feeling that this should not be going as well as it does for Edelgard. I guess I should attribute it to Hubert somehow.

3 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I think the Alliance should be pretty smooth sailing for Edelgard. Its loosely knit so none of the lords have enough powers to defy her and with Ordelia, Riegan and possibly Daphnell all gone there's enough land for Edelgard to give to loyal cronies. Also the newly released interview stated that culturally the Alliance resembles and seeks to emulate the empire, meaning they might fall in line relatively quickly.  So I'll think she'll install some new leaders in those vacant  region and just administers the place as another imperial province. Goneril would be a bit of an exception. She'd likely treat Holst like she does count Bergliez, giving him a lot of leeway because he really is the best man for the job. 

I dunno if Count Bergliez's position after the war (or any of the Seven for that matter) would be that nice and cosy. I mean, he is kept from the big center of power Garreg Mach represented during the war, and while the assignement  inside the Alliance is prestigious, and could be an occasion to build up power, it is also an assignement keeping him busy (henceforth not plotting), and far away from the Empire and Garreg Mach (centers of power). It smells like the guy might being set up for a slow defanging here, until Capsar takes up his place as Minister of Military Affairs (which he can only do if Daddy is ousted from office).

After all, Bergliez remains an ex-Seven, and represents a last holdout of old nobility by existing and keeping his office. And while the guy looked nice enough to surrender in other routes, Constance's apparition on the board and her backstory tells that he left an ex-Ionius Loyalists house and their subject to die to have them out of the way of the Seven (commander of the Empire armies after all, the only way that plan to erase House Nuvelle could be implemented is with his assent). Makes me wonder about the Sevens' actual wherabouts after the war.

1 hour ago, Hardric62 said:

I dunno if Count Bergliez's position after the war (or any of the Seven for that matter) would be that nice and cosy. I mean, he is kept from the big center of power Garreg Mach represented during the war, and while the assignement  inside the Alliance is prestigious, and could be an occasion to build up power, it is also an assignement keeping him busy (henceforth not plotting), and far away from the Empire and Garreg Mach (centers of power). It smells like the guy might being set up for a slow defanging here, until Capsar takes up his place as Minister of Military Affairs (which he can only do if Daddy is ousted from office).

After all, Bergliez remains an ex-Seven, and represents a last holdout of old nobility by existing and keeping his office. And while the guy looked nice enough to surrender in other routes, Constance's apparition on the board and her backstory tells that he left an ex-Ionius Loyalists house and their subject to die to have them out of the way of the Seven (commander of the Empire armies after all, the only way that plan to erase House Nuvelle could be implemented is with his assent). Makes me wonder about the Sevens' actual wherabouts after the war.

I do think Edelgard most likely will favour the younger generation and especially the members of the Black Eagle strikeforce, assuming that Byleth recruited Lorenz. I think he would be favoured as the governor of the alliance territory, especially considering what his epilogue tells us about what he managed to accomplish after the war.  

Policy changes particularly beneficial for the common people, that is definitely something someone like Edelgard would value, and that makes him a prime candidate for governor.  House Gloucester was also a primary Imperial supporter during the war. So that is what I was thinking with that.

Going through the Blue Lions, I might be forgetting someone but looking at the crimson flower epilogues, Ingrid also seems rather qualified for governorship. Sylvain is also alive in this continuity because it uses female Byleth, and recruiting him is automatic if Byleth is a girl. So he would be a survivor 

Lorenz Ending.png

The Azure Moon ending for Fodlan would probably be the most straight forward. Its the typical outcome for most Fire Emblem games and Faerghus is the most straightforward of the nations. Just a king on top and the nobles below him, and boom you're done. I don't expect it to go any differently then Marth or Seliph absorbing their respective continents. The only complication are the crazy mole people who aren't just still around but aren't even discovered by Dimitri. He does seem to get into doing some research in his Hapi supports though. 

20 hours ago, Hardric62 said:

I don't think its a case of Edelgard keeping him around till his use is up. Edelgard is harsh but mostly fair and its unlikely she would punish people who bend the knee and contribute greatly. Bergliez also isn't really someone who bend the knee after the fact but possibly an ally of Edelgard from the first hour. He's implied to already be in cahoots with her as early the battle of Eagle and Lion. According to Linhardt Edelgard must have plotted with their fathers a long time and that their help is what pushed Edelgard to the top so quickly. Pushing Bergliez aside seems a bit too ungrateful and potentially foolish since he's the main commander of her troops. 

Lorenz Ending.png

That's a looot of tabs

On 4/5/2020 at 8:38 PM, Darkmoon6789 said:

The Faerghus Territory

This sounds pretty good overall. Just a few things I noticed:

1. You paired Ingrid and Sylvain? Interesting.
  2. Why would either of them want to work in government? I understand wanting to help in reconstructing Fearghus, but neither Sylvain nor Ingrid seem to me like people who would want to govern territory.
  3. Dimitri's Uncle survives Crimson Flower, as the coup never happened. Dimitri even points out in Crimson Flower that the royal line does not end with him; implying that his uncle lives. I think many in Fearghus would be clamouring to have their former regent back in charge, even if in a role where he's ultimately subservient to Edelgard. That might be something to consider. 

51 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

Dimitri's Uncle survives Crimson Flower, as the coup never happened. Dimitri even points out in Crimson Flower that the royal line does not end with him; implying that his uncle lives. I think many in Fearghus would be clamouring to have their former regent back in charge, even if in a role where he's ultimately subservient to Edelgard. That might be something to consider. 

Personally I think its more interesting if Dimitri's uncle defies Edelgard and fosters rebellions against her. He's definitely not the type Edelgard would ever give a job. He seemed to have been a pretty bad regent with trouble popping up all over the Kingdom and even the casual Sylvain finding it problematic how casually the regent treats his governance. 

3 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

This sounds pretty good overall. Just a few things I noticed:

1. You paired Ingrid and Sylvain? Interesting.
  2. Why would either of them want to work in government? I understand wanting to help in reconstructing Fearghus, but neither Sylvain nor Ingrid seem to me like people who would want to govern territory.
  3. Dimitri's Uncle survives Crimson Flower, as the coup never happened. Dimitri even points out in Crimson Flower that the royal line does not end with him; implying that his uncle lives. I think many in Fearghus would be clamouring to have their former regent back in charge, even if in a role where he's ultimately subservient to Edelgard. That might be something to consider. 

Well, primarily based that on Ingrids crimson flower epilogue, which it mentions her becoming a ruler of Galatea territory and a really good one. One of very few blue lions who do take a position of power in crimson flower, another one being Sylvain. I think her farming improvements would catch Edelgard's attention

2 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Personally I think its more interesting if Dimitri's uncle defies Edelgard and fosters rebellions against her. He's definitely not the type Edelgard would ever give a job. He seemed to have been a pretty bad regent with trouble popping up all over the Kingdom and even the casual Sylvain finding it problematic how casually the regent treats his governance. 

That is definitely something that could be used as a future threat. Rebellion led by Dimitri's uncle. A lot of story potentials. 

Ingrid Ending.png

1 hour ago, Darkmoon6789 said:

Well, primarily based that on Ingrids crimson flower epilogue, which it mentions her becoming a ruler of Galatea territory and a really good one. One of very few blue lions who do take a position of power in crimson flower, another one being Sylvain. I think her farming improvements would catch Edelgard's attention

Ingrid Ending.png

Ah. That makes sense. Given that it's easiest to make Ingrid a Pegasus Knight, I have to wonder: did the reforms to the farming practices involve spreading leftover, "Pegasus Blessings"?

On 4/9/2020 at 6:15 PM, Darkmoon6789 said:

Ingrid Ending.png

Its probably one of the better endings for the Galathea region since in most of her other ending she leaves it and it presumably remains poor. But one thing that kinda bugs me about the Crimson Flower endings is things like this, that everyone happily gets to take ownership of their family lands despite this not fitting very well with either Edelgard's idea of a meritocracy or the system she tells Constance about where nobles serve as governors and have no permanent land base. Caspar takes over house Bergliez and its minister position, Bernie still takes over Varley despite being Bernie, Ferdinant von Aegir still gets Aegir and Ingrid still gets Galatea. 

It works for Caspar since his inept brother is the first sort of person to lose his job in a meritocracy but Bernie probably shouldn't get the job, and every noble conveniently still getting their own territories sounds somewhat hypocritical, as if she's implementing a new system for everyone except her friends who still maintain the benefit of the old system she supposedly hates. The only exception seems to be Constance who gets Hrym instead of Nuvelle. For Ingrid it probably would have been more interesting if she got Gloucester since it really is a land of plenty or Daphnell since her family originally hailed from there. Other things that might have fitted a bit better could have been Edelgard granting titles to some commoners like Alois, Dorothea, Ignatz or Rapheal if they joined her. 

2 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Caspar takes over house Bergliez and its minister position, Bernie still takes over Varley despite being Bernie, Ferdinant von Aegir still gets Aegir and Ingrid still gets Galatea

It's probably a gradual phasing out of nobles? In those cases you've listed all those people are somewhat qualified (or more qualified than others) to take over those areas, but the key point is that they all have worked personally with Edelgard in this ending - in other words, bought into her anti-nobility philosophy. Bernadetta's father was anti-Edelgard, so couldn't be left in charge anyway, and Ingrid seems vastly more competent than the family she talks about in her supports. In both their cases they are (or could be) reluctant rulers - Bernadetta because it doesn't fit her personality and Ingrid because she still idealises knighthood at least a little, and that means they are extremely unlikely to (assuming they have children) make them into a dynasty. Caspar probably isn't as tactically minded or ruthless as his father, but everything he has achieved, including most importantly his military strength and experience, are things he has earnt, and being a member of House Bergliez' main line means he knows the territory quite well. Ferdinand is the most obviously competent of the four, and Edelgard in their support specifically cites how she enjoys having someone with such different opinions by her side, for political and personal advice. 

I guess there might be a bit of nepotism involved, but it seems more likely that the former nobles who benefitted from the best education in how to be a leader under the old unfair system but still buy into Edelgard's anti-nobility are the ones put in charge to ease what will be a generational transition. The alternative (snubbing competent subordinates who happen to be nobles for potentially less experienced and certainly less trusted candidates) is understandably less attractive given Edelgard's desire to complete this transition in her lifetime. Whether this is realistic or not idk, but it's justifiable from Edelgard's perspective.

4 hours ago, haarhaarhaar said:

It's probably a gradual phasing out of nobles? In those cases you've listed all those people are somewhat qualified (or more qualified than others) to take over those areas, but the key point is that they all have worked personally with Edelgard in this ending - in other words, bought into her anti-nobility philosophy. Bernadetta's father was anti-Edelgard, so couldn't be left in charge anyway, and Ingrid seems vastly more competent than the family she talks about in her supports. In both their cases they are (or could be) reluctant rulers - Bernadetta because it doesn't fit her personality and Ingrid because she still idealises knighthood at least a little, and that means they are extremely unlikely to (assuming they have children) make them into a dynasty. Caspar probably isn't as tactically minded or ruthless as his father, but everything he has achieved, including most importantly his military strength and experience, are things he has earnt, and being a member of House Bergliez' main line means he knows the territory quite well. Ferdinand is the most obviously competent of the four, and Edelgard in their support specifically cites how she enjoys having someone with such different opinions by her side, for political and personal advice. 

I guess there might be a bit of nepotism involved, but it seems more likely that the former nobles who benefitted from the best education in how to be a leader under the old unfair system but still buy into Edelgard's anti-nobility are the ones put in charge to ease what will be a generational transition. The alternative (snubbing competent subordinates who happen to be nobles for potentially less experienced and certainly less trusted candidates) is understandably less attractive given Edelgard's desire to complete this transition in her lifetime. Whether this is realistic or not idk, but it's justifiable from Edelgard's perspective.

You are making very good points, plus I think it makes sense to give the position of regional governors to people who are respected in the regions of Faerghus and Leicester, any imperial noble put in charge of these regions would make it feel more like a occupation. And they would be hated by the people of these regions. By making the governor a native that are nevertheless loyal to the emperor as well as popular with the people of the region. This could suppress rebellions and uprisings before they even start. I think the last thing Edelgard wants is more bloodshed and she would take steps to avoid future conflict. Plus Ingrid is very competent and the way she values knightly but again traditions would help to make her more popular with the people of the region, not to mention that applying her farming reforms to the entire region and possibly even to the entire empire if needed, would make her very popular with the common people, and in turn make Edelgard look good

I think most endings - in the short term - would be quite similiar with mirrored roles. So in CF Faerghus might have some troubles with rebellions, on the other side in AM the same can happen in old empire terretority. In CF part of the central church might still stand behind Rhea (and despise the empire), in any other route fractions of the the old southern and western church might make some problems. The more interesting differences I think will apear many years after the ending.

As discussed in other threads I am quite sure that in AM Dimitri will lean towards an constitutional monarchy with some kind of council/parlament that also gives a the common folks a voice. Also think that his system is pretty federal meaning that the individual provinces have a lot of indipendencies. Which has good things and bad about it.

What happens after VW I have no clue.

IN SS I think Byleth and Rhea will go the more traditional Manakete way and move to some remote location to wait for the world to get in trouble again.

I am wondering what happens with Sothis after the ending. Does she truely fuse with Byleth making him de facto a God? Will he then remove/change the crest system with his new found godly powers? Sothis is said to have healed the world back from nuclear war meaning that should be a piece of make.

BTW: Are we assuming that everyone that can be recruited was? Because otherwise Ingrid and Sylvain die in CF.

Edited by Nihilem

4 hours ago, Nihilem said:

I think most endings - in the short term - would be quite similiar with mirrored roles. So in CF Faerghus might have some troubles with rebellions, on the other side in AM the same can happen in old empire terretority. In CF part of the central church might still stand behind Rhea (and despise the empire), in any other route fractions of the the old southern and western church might make some problems. The more interesting differences I think will apear many years after the ending.

As discussed in other threads I am quite sure that in AM Dimitri will lean towards an constitutional monarchy with some kind of council/parlament that also gives a the common folks a voice. Also think that his system is pretty federal meaning that the individual provinces have a lot of indipendencies. Which has good things and bad about it.

What happens after VW I have no clue.

IN SS I think Byleth and Rhea will go the more traditional Manakete way and move to some remote location to wait for the world to get in trouble again.

I am wondering what happens with Sothis after the ending. Does she truely fuse with Byleth making him de facto a God? Will he then remove/change the crest system with his new found godly powers? Sothis is said to have healed the world back from nuclear war meaning that should be a piece of make.

BTW: Are we assuming that everyone that can be recruited was? Because otherwise Ingrid and Sylvain die in CF.

I guess I am pretty much assuming that, considering that almost everyone has the potential of surviving, there is at least one version of events where they do. A certain philanderer you can also bet will survive if female Byleth is the one I will be going with as they are basically an automatic recruit. 

I guess in general, we could expect Edelgard's society to have a stronger government than Dimitri's, for better or for worse. More centralised, while I do believe that the Faerghus and Leicester regions will still have some regional differences due to the whims of the chosen governors, while the Emperor would oppose some practices, I think she would tolerate others. It is just that when you run an empire of that kind of size, you do need to delegate power downs to local rulers in order to keep control of it all. Meaning that while the Emperor is the highest authority. She is not the only authority around.