New Heroes: Journey Begins

Othin

Seems Iago is the GHB, as a red tome.

Midori is infantry, I wasn't sure whether she'd be another infantry red bow or the first armored one. Lilith is our second blue dragon flier and her weapon is pretty wild. Forrest's skill set is just awful.

Edited by Othin

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FUCK! WHY THE HELL IS IAGO THE GHB?! This is literally the thing I've been fearing the most. I cannot begin to describe how much I fucking despise Iago as a villain because of how terribly uninteresting, bland, and annoying he is. Even for like a Cartoonishly evil villain, he's not even that fun to watch like Narcian. Whoever thought it was a good idea to add Iago into the game is a fucking idiot.

Rinkah's art looks stellar. Look at them abs!

Probably still saving up on orbs, but I'd wouldn't mind having her or Forrest (even without checking their skills or stats).

Little weird they label the game as "Revelations" now, though. Just say Fates. :Y

iago hype let's go!!!! i love his design ugh . not too happy he's gonna be another red ghb tome, though, since i'm working on julius and eventually arvis. hope he doesn't need too much investment to be viable

I am almost half tempted to pull for Midori just so I can take Spendthrift Bow and put it on NY!Anna because it would fit her thematically. 

For a second I thought Rinkah and Midori had the same a-slot skill but then noticed one said distant and the other said close.

And Iago is most likely the GHB unit. I was kind of hoping for Hans just for another infantry axe unit and not another red tome unit but I will enjoy beating the tar out of Iago all the same. Hopefully he at least offers some good skills to offer to my other units.

3 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

I am almost half tempted to pull for Midori just so I can take Spendthrift Bow and put it on NY!Anna because it would fit her thematically. 

For a second I thought Rinkah and Midori had the same a-slot skill but then noticed one said distant and the other said close.

And Iago is most likely the GHB unit. I was kind of hoping for Hans just for another infantry axe unit and not another red tome unit but I will enjoy beating the tar out of Iago all the same. Hopefully he at least offers some good skills to offer to my other units.

Notification confirms Iago is the GHB.

I have enough orbs saved to do 40 pulls so I'm definitely getting Rinkah out of this. Seriously, if there is one thing this series is short on is muscle ladies, so she's a very welcome addition. I'll pull all colors since I wouldn't mind the other units either.

Iago's cool, I guess. Still a more interesting villain than a lot of people from the previous games.

Edited by Jave

Holy crap, I cannot unhear Plagg from Miraculous in Forrest now. LOL Max Mittelman voices both and pretty much used his Plagg voice here. XD With maaaybe some very slight variation, but hardly noticeable. And this is the first time I'm hearing Forrest's voice since I never played Fates Conquest.

I never expected to see Mittelman use his Plagg voice for an FE character though, omg. lol That particular voice is so distinct and a bit high pitched. I just couldn't picture it in FE and yet here it is. đŸ˜›

I'm going to pull everything but colorless in the free session and with tickets, Forrest is, funny enough after what I just said, the only one I'm not interested in.

Spendthrift Bow is good on Lovely Gifts Faye I guess? Opposite Special Spiral is a pretty bad downside, although I guess it does not really matter if you time your units' Specials properly. Ranged units already have a huge BST deficit, so I do not think it is necessary to give them a downside on an Enemy Phase Weapon. Close Foil is nice. Midori does not look very impressive, but her skills are nice I guess. Have to wait for her stats to come out to properly assess her.

Rinkah looks okay. Distant Foil is nice. I wonder if she has enough Spd to Galeforce well.

Forrest looks good. Fortress Res finally in the 3*/4* pool is nice. So is Res Ploy.

Damn! If only Lilith can Galeforce. Joint Drive Atk is nice too. I cannot wait for tier 4 Drives to come out; I am expecting Stat+5 or Stat+6 for those skills.

Looks like Iago at the end.

1 minute ago, UNLEASH IT said:

Forrest is truly his father's son with that terrible kit.

Base kits do not matter very much when building a unit. Most players will have to overhaul a unit's base kit in most cases anyways.

Edited by XRay

Hmm, a certain someone on this site would be very happy with Iago ... but I don't know if she plays Heroes or is around anymore. But I will have fun kicking his ass.

EDIT: Huh, Lilith is a blue flying dragon. Ironically, this fits in pretty well with that one conversation from the other day, where now we REALLY didn't need Naga to be a blue flying dragon and she should've been colorless and more OP than she is.

EDIT2: Also, close foil and distant foil. Okay.

Edited by Sunwoo

Banner is a safe skip. Tickets only, might not even spend any orbs.

Rinkah is the star, she seems like a beast, I just have no connection to her character, am building a million other green units (like my Ross) and it just... doesn't really seem like I have any real incentive to pull for her. Distant Foil is cool but obviously I'd have to pull 2 of her for that and lol not happening. I don't have the orbs anyways.

Midori is cool. I pulled Igrene (though -ATK) so I have no need for another red bow and while Close Foil is cool and could be for Matthew, he fights a lot of freaking dragons, possibly more of those than anything so I don't think the trade off is worth it. Her weapon is cool though, it being inheritable is probably the coolest thing about it. Mini-pulse smoke is dope. Don't need her though.

Lilith is really freaking cool actually. Her weapon and support partner boost make her fantastic. Not that great in the hands of the AI though. Between Naga for AR and Ninian for everything else I lack a real use for her though. She's Drive ATK 4 fodder obviously but I'm in no position to pull for that, so, meh.

Forrest is trash. Looking like a girl doesn't save you from your tragic fate as a male demote. Res Ploy in the *3 pool is cool though.

Pretty much just going to pull red/green with the tickets. Blue if that's not an option and bounce. Good position to save orbs.

24 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

Rinkah's art looks stellar. Look at them abs!

Probably still saving up on orbs, but I'd wouldn't mind having her or Forrest (even without checking their skills or stats).

Little weird they label the game as "Revelations" now, though. Just say Fates. :Y

Should I keep hot abs babe, or should I give her distant foil to Brave Ike? There lies the question

Norne could use Spendthrift Bow well and Norne is going to be demoted to 3* to 4*, so she will be easier to summon. Inflicting Atk-7 on foes is the equivalent to Def/Res+7 which is Def/Res+1 more than Guard Bow's Distant Def effect and works on all foes instead of only ranged units and only on enemy phase. Additionally, it grants Atk+7 and having more attack  is generally helpful. The only downside is that it inflicts special cooldown count +2 on the user if they attacked.

Default Norne has 42 HP, 44 Atk, 36 Spd, 31 Def, and 27 Res. With Guard Bow, she will have 37/33 defenses when attacked by ranged units. With Spendthrift Bow, she would have 51 Atk and 38/34 defenses instead, but once again, at the cost of special cooldown count +2 if she attacks.

6 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Mini-pulse smoke is dope.

It does the opposite. It inflicts the Pulse effect on the user not on the target or foes near the target. If it didn't or if it was a mini-Pulse Smoke, then there would be absolutely no reason to run Guard Bow when Spendthrift Bow would work against ranged and melee units, on both phases, and inflicts special cooldown count +2 on the foe.

Spendthrift Bow's effects being: "Effective against flying foes. Grants Atk+7 to unit and inflicts Atk-7 on foe during combat. After combat, if unit attacked, inflicts Special cooldown count +2 on unit. (Cannot exceed the unit's maximum Special cooldown.)"

Edited by Kaden

Iago as GHB is...extremely disappointing.  I guess it was too much to hope for Kiragi or Mozu.
I probably won't bother rolling on this besides the free roll and tickets, but Midori is tempting.  Not only do I like her but her A skill would be nice for Sophia.

2 minutes ago, Kaden said:

It does the opposite. It inflicts the Pulse effect on the user not on the target or foes near the target. If it didn't or if it was a mini-Pulse Smoke, then there would be absolutely no reason to run Guard Bow when Spendthrift Bow would work against ranged and melee units, on both phases, and inflicts special cooldown +2 on the foe.

Thanks for the clarification. That's actually pretty bad then imo. Probably wouldn't summon for that. Interactions with Special Spiral would be interesting, but not spend orbs on exclusive fodder interesting.

While I like Hans a fair bit better than Iago, I think choosing the red infantry mage over the green infantry axe for this generation is the correct decision. There are six such axe units with current BST, and only three red mages. Furthermore, two of the axes are, or will soon be available at 3-4* in Ross and Echidna, whereas all the mages are 5* locked. Save Hans to be the star hatchetman of the next generation units.

As for the banner units, the timing of the banner before Golden Week means I can't justify more than sniping a single colour with the ticket rounds. And quite clearly for my purposes it will have to be Lilith. I don't actually know how powerful the effect will be in practice, but it sounds fun to use. Plus, y'know, flier.

Ok. I've calmed down a little bit now.

Midori looks like an interesting unit, Close Foil looks like it'd be interesting on a Naga (Eff) Set for Julia. Spendthrift Bow's Atk swings seem very useful, though the cooldown count increase after combat hurts, unless you're good at getting one-round specials off. Bold/Special Fighter armors, perhaps.

I like how Rinkah's Club is a reference to her personal skill in Fates. Distant Foil seems kinda meh, as a skill...though I'm looking at it through the biased lens of how useful it would be in AR.

Forrest is bringing Fortress Res and Res Ploy to the summonable pool, and more cavalry healers are always nice.

Lilith is amazing. Flying Dragon with Astral Breath is always what I imagined for her. I figured Astral Breath might have DC, since it's a long-range weapon in Fates, but what it does have is arguably a lot better. Free mobility and +5 stat bonuses (on top of inherent +3 Spd, no less) should make her a great option for utility and combat. She could probably pull off some crazy shenanigans with that warp power. I actually think she'd pair nicely with Leila for Galeforce-less hit-and-run shenanigans (Attack with Leila → Constant Dagger switch → Warp with Lilith → Reposition...though I guess technically this was always possible with an Aerobatics flier/cavalry unit). It's a pity I don't have Leila.

Edited by LordFrigid

lago King of Scotland, were it not for Bramimond being fresh outta the womb, would've made perfect sense as a Colorless Tome.

On BR & Rev, he is purely a Tome guy. But on Conquest, the game with his most memorable fight, he got the ability no other FE14 Sorcerer has in being able to use Staffs, which he does with the routine abandon of Staff Savant and Silence-Freeze-Enfeeble-Hexing Rod. Staffs are all Colorless in FEH, but he usually uses Tomes, so Colorless Tome would be the ideal compromise.

Midori

Her bow is amazing. So is Close Foil.

Spendthrift Bow effectively gets +7 Atk, Def, and Res with the only drawback being that it's stuck using a 2-cooldown Special... which Guard Bow was already doing anyways. Losing your Special charge at the end of each round of combat doesn't do anything if your Special activates in every round of combat regardless. EDIT: You can still use a 3-cooldown Special with Time's Pulse, Bold Fighter, or Vengeful Fighter, and a 4-cooldown Special with Special Fighter.

Close Foil is basically a more viable version of Close Counter. The biggest issue with Close Counter ranged units previously was their lack of stats and being unable to run a stat-boosting A skill, and this mostly fixes the issue. Would be nice on Sophia.

Rinkah

I think her face looks a bit weird, but whatever. Not going to complain now that she's finally in.

Forrest

Fortress Res and Res Ploy in the 4-star pool is nice. Kind of funny he basically just has Gunnthra's default skill set.

Lilith

Her teleporting weapon is nice. Joint Drive Atk is nice.

Iago

Yes.

Edited by Ice Dragon

>I legit didn't even notice Spendthrift Bow was inheritable until I saw people talking about it as if it could be passed around, which it can. If you ask me, anyone who can take advantage of skills like Infantry Breath or Special Refined Geirskogul will be able to use it on EP, and most Armors should be able to utilize it well.
Midori herself is in a slower, more defensive class from Fates, and she herself wasn't quite blessed with all of Kaze's Speed, so she will be a more defensive bow user...

>Heh, I see Rinkah's personal skill in there... having such a powerful effect if she's down even one HP, let alone if the enemy initiates combat, is good. Even if she drops Distant Foil, the many other skills at her infantry disposal should prove fruitful in the long-run.

>We didn't even need to look at Forrest to know he'd be the demote, the Feh Channel showed such quite explicitely. But hey, Fortress Res and Res Ploy in the 4* pool, I'll take it.

>Lilith's Support Bond Guidance looks nasty. Imagine it, you can bond her with someone defensive, throw them into the fray, and once they're all not worn out at all a phase later, she can come in and nuke any 2-range idiots like nothing.
And then there's Joint Drive Atk... the Drive that took Echidna to get into the 4* pool, and now it's in a Tier 4 skill. Quite frankly, looks useful.

>I'd legit skip Iago's GHB if it didn't mean missing out on a free unit and feathers...

9 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

Lilith is amazing. Flying Dragon with Astral Breath is always what I imagined for her. I figured Astral Breath might have DC, since it's a long-range weapon in Fates, but what it does have is arguably a lot better. Free mobility and +5 stat bonuses (on top of inherent +3 Spd, no less) should make her a great option for utility and combat. She could probably pull off some crazy shenanigans with that warp power. I actually think she'd pair nicely with Leila for Galeforce-less hit-and-run shenanigans (Attack with Leila → Constant Dagger switch → Warp with Lilith → Reposition...though I guess technically this was always possible with an Aerobatics flier). It's a pity I don't have Leila.

Not sure what the point of Leila and Lilith in same Team is. Lilith can warp in from any point of the map to her support partner and Leila swaps places with her support partner if he is within 2 ranges. So a support between those 2 would be moot and actually a detriment because you are limiting Liliths movement. You cant have more then one support partner so something like double corrins + Leila + Lilith wont work either.

If anything Lilith is a fantastic support partner for a cav galeforce unit or cav ranged unit due to the amount of mobility you gain

Dammit, after giving it quite some thought, I REALLY want Midori for close foil. I'm running a defense-based close counter Takumi and he would REALLY love to have close foil. But, like, I don't care about this banner enough to pull any more than the tickets and free summon will give me. Guess I'll have to hope to get lucky, or that she shows up on an easier banner when I have enough orbs.

1 minute ago, Hilda said:

Not sure what the point of Leila and Lilith in same Team is.

I explained the exact use case I had in mind.

Now, if you were trying to say it’s not a useful use case, I can go along with that. Everyone plays differently.

2 minutes ago, Hilda said:

If anything Lilith is a fantastic support partner for a cav galeforce unit or cav ranged unit due to the amount of mobility you gain

I agree with this.