New Heroes: Journey Begins

Othin

7 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Oh gods.....Iago in Heroes. IS certainly likes putting him into crossovers despite being almost universally reviled. 

And yet, Iago still has more votes across all four CYLs (1,969) than mostly just the majority of the missing male kids

Spoiler

Hayato: 1,752
Asugi: 1,548
Percy: 914
Yukimura: 871
Hisame: 831
Ignatius: 543
Fuga: 535

Iago also beats plenty of non-Fates characters present in Heroes such as Altina and Bramimond by default with that total (mostly Archanea, Valentia, and Jugdral characters) and within Fates's cast also beats his own boss (1,746), Gunter (1,532), and Siegbert (1,040).

If you want someone actually universally reviled, Hans is the better fit as he only beats Ignatius and Fuga but just barely (551).

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

And yet, Iago still has more votes across all four CYLs (1,969) than mostly just the majority of the missing male kids

Reveal hidden contents

Hayato: 1,752
Asugi: 1,548
Percy: 914
Yukimura: 871
Hisame: 831
Ignatius: 543
Fuga: 535

Iago also beats plenty of non-Fates characters present in Heroes such as Altina and Bramimond by default with that total (mostly Archanea, Valentia, and Jugdral characters) and within Fates's cast also beats his own boss (1,746), Gunter (1,532), and Siegbert (1,040).

If you want someone actually universally reviled, Hans is the better fit as he only beats Ignatius and Fuga but just barely (551).

Nah, I've seen a lot of people, both inside and outside of this forum, admit that Iago is just utter garbage

Iago is utter garbage*, but I won't tell his few fans that they are wrong for liking him. We like what we like.

(Hans fans are objectively scientifically wrong though. Do Hans fans even exist? This is just be being facetious. It's funny. Don't come at me).

*Hell, in my opinion, the whole banner is utter garbage. Except for Rinkah. Rinkah is love. Rinkah is life.

Edited by Etheus

12 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

Nah, I've seen a lot of people, both inside and outside of this forum, admit that Iago is just utter garbage

Sure, but there has also been several users in this very topic who expressed happiness towards Iago's inclusion (spaghettibrat, Ice Dragon, Diovani) and several more who are OK with it (which includes myself who also prefers Iago over dudes like Lyon or Berkut).

Don't ever assume a loud, negative opinion is also the majority opinion a message from Queen Camilla of Nohr.

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Sure, but there has also been several users in this very topic who expressed happiness towards Iago's inclusion (spaghettibrat, Ice Dragon, Diovani) and several more who are OK with it (which includes myself who also prefers Iago over dudes like Lyon or Berkut).

Don't ever assume a loud, negative opinion is also the majority opinion a message from Queen Camilla of Nohr.

...If you legit think Iago is a better villain than Berkut...you're dead to me.

3 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Just now, Gregster101 said:

This argument would have been so much better if you had both kept the same avatar. It would be like watching Leo angrily talk to himself.

Also, Lyon is the best villain. The best.

2 minutes ago, Etheus said:

This argument would have been so much better if you had both kept the same avatar. It would be like watching Leo angrily talk to himself.

Also, Lyon is the best villain. The best.

My avatar was Ares, not Leo.

9 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

While I won't go that far, I will say that Iago at least has more of a reason to exist compared to Berkut.

7 hours ago, Vicious Sal said:

And if they don’t Bramimond is there to shit on her drive buffs and proceeds to kill her anyway.

Bramimond cannot disable her Joint Drive Atk's effect on herself. It's her own skill, and Bramimond makes allies' skills disappear, not the allies themselves.

Edited by Ice Dragon

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

While I won't go that far, I will say that Iago at least has more of a reason to exist compared to Berkut.

Even if Berkut didn't have a reason to exist as a result of him not being in the original Gaiden, I still vastly prefer him over any of the villains from Fates. He was exactly who I needed at the time when I played Echoes, cuz after Fates with the shit show that is Garon, Iago, Hans, and Anankos, I thought we'd never get any good Fire Emblem villains ever again, so when I first played Echoes, I instantly fell in love with Berkut and felt engaged with him as I went through the game. He actually had depth to him unlike the villains from the other two 3DS games, and his death was also one of the very few times in Fire Emblem where I actually cried. So whenever I see someone say that the Fates villains like Iago are good and Berkut isn't, it literally makes me angry over seeing that.

I am also quite happy with Iago's inclusion. I always found him rather amusing, and always preferred him over other villains, even ones that are apparently more popular, for example Lekain, Most of FE8's villains, The entire black fang, Berkut and the Black Knight. His voice acting is also just rather amazing in both English and Japanese so i'm quite happy he's finally in. If you don't like him, fine, but its get REALLY annoying when people seemingly post just to say ''Oh F Iago, I hate him, he is bad,  IS you a bad apple for adding him to the game''. It doesn't exactly feel good for the people that do actually like him, such as myself, when such an opinion could easily be kept to yourself, especially in a topic that really doesn't have much to do with your opinion on his character.

Hm... I never saw someone saying that Iago is better than Berkut, because everyone knows that is not true... but I still don't believe Berkut is the best villain this series ever had. He is just a spoiled kid.

Also, Berkut being a better villain than Iago doesn't make Iago a bad villain or a bad character.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

At any rate, I don't get mad at bad characters being added as GHB's. Because they tend to still have this thing called good fodder.

No, I get annoyed when they add a character that I do like as a GHB, and then totally botch their kit, giving them nothing unique. Hello, Cormag.

Iago also has an interesting look and I see no reason why this should be overlooked. Hans, in comparison, has the looks of a generic one-stage villain.

I like having Iago in the game more than having Midori in. 

Personally I would have liked to see Arete or Sumeragi as a GHB. Especially since its a Revelation Banner. But I got what I yearned for the most. And it makes it easier for me to invest my Grails into the Flame Emperor.

Not so far away and we finally get the banner. Already prepared the orbs and did a lot of chain challenges these days which I saved for this very moment since book 2. 

1 hour ago, Gregster101 said:

You liked the fact that he essentially was cheating in Ch. 26 of Conquest?

I actually never finished Conquest specifically (was my first run of the game & got too addicted to the side stuff). However, I beat Revelations & Birthright and thought it was cool he had a Staff rank, even if he didn't do anything special with it in those games. I love it when Fire Emblem differentiates specific characters by giving them special classes or characteristics (i.e. Walhart). I'm planning on replaying Conquest, so I'll experience his jank staff shenanigans soon enough.

His character in Fates is a joke, but its a joke I can laugh at. A combination of being despicable, deplorable & pathetic makes him ironically entertaining. His death in Conquest was hilarious in a dark way, especially how he jarringly shifted from gloating to begging for mercy. I wish he was written better, ideally as a cunning strategist, but what's there is pure meme material.

Just now, Stroud said:

Personally I would have liked to see Arete or Sumeragi as a GHB. Especially since its a Revelation Banner. But I got what I yearned for the most. And it makes it easier for me to invest my Grails into the Flame Emperor.

Well, it's a Revelation Banner, but none of the units is Revelation exclusive. So I don't see any problem the GHB to be Iago or Hans. I would complain of being Hans because we would get two axe units then.

Just now, Diovani Bressan said:

Well, it's a Revelation Banner, but none of the units is Revelation exclusive. So I don't see any problem the GHB to be Iago or Hans. I would complain of being Hans because we would get two axe units then.

Yeah, but Lago is less relevant to Revelation than he is to Birthright for example. Of course this also would apply to the characters inside the banner and the title does not hold much outside of saying that this banner does not care about being Birthright or Conquest exclusive. 

1 minute ago, Diovani Bressan said:

GHBs often share weapons with banner units. Flame Emperor was an axe user like Annette, Heath and Travant were lance fliers like Fiora and Altena, Kempf was a sword user like Mareeta and Eyvel, Cormag and Conrad were lance users like Ephraim and Forsyth, Astram was a sword infantry like Phina...

Just now, Othin said:

GHBs often share weapons with banner units. Flame Emperor was an axe user like Annette, Heath and Travant were lance fliers like Fiora and Altena, Kempf was a sword user like Mareeta and Eyvel, Cormag and Conrad were lance users like Ephraim and Forsyth, Astram was a sword infantry like Phina...

That's why I said "I would complain of being Hans because we would get two axe units then".

I know that it already happened before and that it's a common thing.

2 minutes ago, FoxyGrandpa said:

I actually never finished Conquest specifically (was my first run of the game & got too addicted to the side stuff). However, I beat Revelations & Birthright and thought it was cool he had a Staff rank, even if he didn't do anything special with it in those games. I love it when Fire Emblem differentiates specific characters by giving them special classes or characteristics (i.e. Walhart). I'm planning on replaying Conquest, so I'll experience his jank staff shenanigans soon enough.

His character in Fates is a joke, but its a joke I can laugh at. A combination of being despicable, deplorable & pathetic makes him ironically entertaining. His death in Conquest was hilarious in a dark way, especially how he jarringly shifted from gloating to begging for mercy. I wish he was written better, ideally as a cunning strategist, but what's there is pure meme material.

I'm the opposite, I hate it when enemies are given access to weapon types that they should not be able to use by normal means. Even Kaga would never do something like that in Thracia 776.

I already gave a reason for why I consider Iago and Hans to be some of the worst villains in the franchise, so I'll just link it here instead of typing it all over again. With that said, I'll give another problem I have with Iago.

Iago is a perfect example of a character whose sole existence revolves around Corrin. He's a character who's designed to hate Corrin. All he ever does in his screen time is conspire against Corrin. CORRIN CORRIN CORRIN! You see what I'm getting at here? Aside from having an unexplained hate boner for Corrin, Iago's literally just a nothing character. It's one of the main reasons why I hate Faye in Shadows of Valentia, cuz aside from her massive crush on Alm, she's literally just nothing. 

8 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

I'm the opposite, I hate it when enemies are given access to weapon types that they should not be able to use by normal means. Even Kaga would never do something like that in Thracia 776.

I already gave a reason for why I consider Iago and Hans to be some of the worst villains in the franchise, so I'll just link it here instead of typing it all over again. With that said, I'll give another problem I have with Iago.

Iago is a perfect example of a character whose sole existence revolves around Corrin. He's a character who's designed to hate Corrin. All he ever does in his screen time is conspire against Corrin. CORRIN CORRIN CORRIN! You see what I'm getting at here? Aside from having an unexplained hate boner for Corrin, Iago's literally just a nothing character. It's one of the main reasons why I hate Faye in Shadows of Valentia, cuz aside from her massive crush on Alm, she's literally just nothing. 

Kaga's games have a million enemy-only classes to use whatever weapon configurations he wants them to. The Jugdral games have multiple enemy classes that are literally just "General plus access to tomes and staffs".

10 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

1. Who asked?

2. That's not entirely true. Yes, it has parts of truth, but not only so. Part is that the story revolves around Corrin. In Birthright, Garon is obviously not surprised Corrin took Hoshido's side and wants to crush him, along with the rest of Hoshido. Iago, being Garon's right-hand man and tactician, obviously has to follow his orders, and that is to crush Corrin. A similar case is present in Conquest. The true reason for this lies with Garon, and when you know who is really controlling Garon, and connect the dots, yep. Iago was more designed to fufill Garon's desires, instead of just hating Corrin. You could say he is Garon's Brain, while Hans is his Brawn. He was designed to be a hateable villain who you'd love taking down. And he fulfilled that task much more than some other villains in the series. 

3. Whether you like him or not, it is pretty annoying to keep shoving your hate boner for him in our faces.

6 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

3. Whether you like him or not, it is pretty annoying to keep shoving your hate boner for him in our faces.

At least this means that Lago did his job as a Villain didn't he?