New Heroes: Journey Begins

Othin

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Iago being added to FEH made me happy.

Iago being added to FEH and also being a really good unit, made my day even better.

I may add him to my Astra Team, since Light already has Aversa.

Personally I have Aversa on my Astra team, so I'm planning on adding Iago to Light. 

It seems that Kiragi has the dubious honor of being the only Fates royal that got snubbed. Being a Fates royal has always given characters certain perks but Kiragi apparently didn't get those. 

The original royals all got into Heroes almost immediately and got showered with alt after alt after alt. Xander was originally even somewhat of a main character and remains the apple of Feh's eye. 

Siegbert has that same curious problem as Ignatz in that he's weirdly unpopular despite having done nothing to deserve it. This unpopularity didn't matter. When it came to the Fates second gen he was still the first in line because he's a Fates royal. Shiro too was added immediately when Heroes went for the second gens. 

Forrest was a little late but when the time came he did get into the game. This makes Kiragi the final Fates royal not into Heroes but its also a pretty deliberate snub. No matter how weirdly unpopular he was Siegbert joined along with Shiro because that was the obvious moment to introduce him. He's the Nohrian counterpart to Shiro and thus when Shiro joined so did he. As the Hoshidan counterpart to Forrest this was similarly Kiragi's time, but unlike Siegbert he got singled out to get skipped. 

Its a bit curious because if I recall correct Kiragi always performed rather decently in CYL. He didn't set the polls on fire but can't be said to be unpopular either. 

44 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

It seems that Kiragi has the dubious honor of being the only Fates royal that got snubbed. Being a Fates royal has always given characters certain perks but Kiragi apparently didn't get those. 

The original royals all got into Heroes almost immediately and got showered with alt after alt after alt. Xander was originally even somewhat of a main character and remains the apple of Feh's eye. 

Siegbert has that same curious problem as Ignatz in that he's weirdly unpopular despite having done nothing to deserve it. This unpopularity didn't matter. When it came to the Fates second gen he was still the first in line because he's a Fates royal. Shiro too was added immediately when Heroes went for the second gens. 

Forrest was a little late but when the time came he did get into the game. This makes Kiragi the final Fates royal not into Heroes but its also a pretty deliberate snub. No matter how weirdly unpopular he was Siegbert joined along with Shiro because that was the obvious moment to introduce him. He's the Nohrian counterpart to Shiro and thus when Shiro joined so did he. As the Hoshidan counterpart to Forrest this was similarly Kiragi's time, but unlike Siegbert he got singled out to get skipped. 

Its a bit curious because if I recall correct Kiragi always performed rather decently in CYL. He didn't set the polls on fire but can't be said to be unpopular either. 

Kiragi definitely should've been the GHB instead of Iago if you ask me. That way we could get the last of the royal kids in one fell swoop.

2 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Iago being added to FEH made me happy.

Iago being added to FEH and also being a really good unit, made my day even better.

I may add him to my Astra Team, since Light already has Aversa.

I love it when they add a free unit that's legit good. Iago is up there with Kronya and Aversa as one of the best freebies, so I'm definitely trying him out.

2 minutes ago, Jave said:

I love it when they add a free unit that's legit good. Iago is up there with Kronya and Aversa as one of the best freebies, so I'm definitely trying him out.

Right? Iago is a really good unit. His weapon looks so fun to use. Also, his artist is the same that did Aversa.

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Kiragi still doesn't crack the top 10 of missing Fates characters based on total CYL votes:

Spoiler

1. Anna: 11,929
2. Nyx: 8,871
3. Caeldori: 7,013
4. Dwyer: 6,244
5. Orochi: 5,817
6. Scarlet: 5,657
7. Anankos: 5,299
8. Mozu: 5,261
9. Reina: 3,763
10. Arete: 3,509

Shura: 3,376
Benny: 3,164
Mitama: 3,036
Layla random dancer girl: 2,764
Kiragi: 2,756

He's done decently enough (at least compared to the rest of the male kids sans Dwyer), but not spectacularly well either.

35 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

Kiragi definitely should've been the GHB instead of Iago if you ask me. That way we could get the last of the royal kids in one fell swoop.

I'm sorry, what was that? You hate Iago? Huh, thank goodness that isn't something you've made plainly clear by now.

Considering how many fates units have gotten snubbed in favour of the Royals,  I'm glad to see Kiragi passed over given he isn't especially popular or relevant. Being a second gen royal he doesnt even have the story significance of the first gen ones. If he had gotten in over someone like Caeldori or Dwyer (just looking at second gen rn) just because he was a royal it would have been rather disappointing in my opinion, given they seem to be more sought after.

As for Iago, I may not be a fan of him but he's a highly story relevant character and he caters to the part of the Fandom that wants more villains in the game, so I'm fine with his inclusion.

7 minutes ago, Ether said:

Considering how many fates units have gotten snubbed in favour of the Royals,  I'm glad to see Kiragi passed over given he isn't especially popular or relevant. Being a second gen royal he doesnt even have the story significance of the first gen ones. If he had gotten in over someone like Caeldori or Dwyer (just looking at second gen rn) just because he was a royal it would have been rather disappointing in my opinion, given they seem to be more sought after.

As for Iago, I may not be a fan of him but he's a highly story relevant character and he caters to the part of the Fandom that wants more villains in the game, so I'm fine with his inclusion.

Nah, I'd prefer Kiragi getting in over someone like Caeldori or Asugi. I was never really fond of the Awakening expies in Hoshido cuz they're pretty much just carbon copies of their original counterparts. Caeldori is the only one I can tolerate just cuz it is possible to have her be Cordelia's granddaughter if you have Selena marry Subaki, but even so, I'd rather have someone like Kiragi, Mitama, Percy, and so on make it into Heroes.

Forrest was added two years after Siegbert and Shiro. If Kiragi gets added in like a year or whenever we get the next Fates banner, I don't think it'll be fair to call him much more snubbed than Forrest.

19 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

And it's not unusual to like villainous characters just because they're amusing, not because they're good characters. I mean, I only wanted Kempf in the game because he's a fucking hilarious character (in the way Narcian is). I don't think he's super well-written or anything, but there's nothing wrong with wanting him to exist in general. Villains are in this weird ground where it's totally valid to like them for being such a hate sink, for being well-written and nuanced, or for being amusing if nothing else.

*looks at italics* In America!

Re villains: I'm of the opinion that if you hate a villain, said character is doing his/her/its job (high five @Stroud for the wrestling metaphor). Denying the existence of a villain like Iago in FEH though by hating him doesn't really make for much--you can always turn him into feathers.

Nuanced villains will always have a place in any game, and so will villains that are evil for the sake of being evil. Not every villain will get layers to them, and that's okay.

6 hours ago, Vicious Sal said:

Distant foil is really bad on Ike(and pretty much everyone else) It means you don’t have Distant Counter vs mages and staff users. 

What do you mean you don't have? Are you sure.? I thought this is like regular distant counter PLUS extra stats during enemy phase.

Edited by Endriu

5 minutes ago, Endriu said:

What do you mean you don't have? Are you sure.? I thought this is like regular distant counter PLUS extra stats during enemy phase.

It isn't like regular Distant Counter. It only works if the enemy is a physical weapon user (sword, lance, axe, bow, dagger or beast).

2 hours ago, Othin said:

Personally I have Aversa on my Astra team, so I'm planning on adding Iago to Light. 

This is the case exactly for me too. Aversa is the queen of Astra, so Iago will be Light. Also I will try to find some Sabotage skills and Ploys for him to benefit from Eir's res boost. And he will be pretty good. 

12 minutes ago, Karimlan said:

Nuanced villains will always have a place in any game, and so will villains that are evil for the sake of being evil. Not every villain will get layers to them, and that's okay.

Though Iago is a pretty low bar as far as evil for the sake of evil villains go. He's certainly no Metalface or Hades, or Narcian if we're staying within Fire Emblem. 

Even evil for the sake of evil villains need some character traits which while enhancing their evil aren't entirely about being evil. For Hades its his humor, for Metalface its his envy and for Narcian its comedy. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

16 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Though Iago is a pretty low bar as far as evil for the sake of evil villains go. He's certainly no Metalface or Hades, or Narcian if we're staying within Fire Emblem. 

Even evil for the sake of evil villains need some character traits which while enhancing their evil aren't entirely about being evil. For Hades its his humor, for Metalface its his envy and for Narcian its comedy. 

Pretty much this. Even as like an evil for the sake of being evil character, he pales in comparison to someone like Narcian. What makes Narcian work is that they do use his screen time well in showing him to be absolutely terrible at doing his job despite his high position in Bern's army, which even results in him losing his position to Gale as a result of his incompetence. They also kill off Narcian at about the half way point of Binding Blade's story as opposed to the last quarter of it, so he never really overstays his welcome like Iago in most of the Fates routes.

Edited by Gregster101

50 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Who says Iago isn't comedy for some people? I find him on much the same level as Narcian, personally.

1 minute ago, Michelaar said:

Who says Iago isn't comedy for some people? I find him on much the same level as Narcian, personally.

Oh they try to play him up that way but it falls kinda flat for me. 

Mostly because he never really suffers anything despite being incompetent. In Conquest he very noticeably keeps winning against and humiliating Corrin in Xander. In Birthright he's a joke villain who only ever loses but he never exactly pays the price for it. He remains the second highest leader in Nohr despite his shoddy record and despite Garon thinking he's a fool. Its actually somewhat notable that Garon who tends to execute people just for being in the same room as him doesn't just kill Iago. 

But also because he doesn't really have traits aside being evil. Narcian has tropes that are inherently comedic like his vanity and his interactions with his subordinates. 

5 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Oh they try to play him up that way but it falls kinda flat for me. 

Mostly because he never really suffers anything despite being incompetent. In Conquest he very noticeably keeps winning against and humiliating Corrin in Xander. In Birthright he's a joke villain who only ever loses but he never exactly pays the price for it. He remains the second highest leader in Nohr despite his shoddy record and despite Garon thinking he's a fool. Its actually somewhat notable that Garon who tends to execute people just for being in the same room as him doesn't just kill Iago. 

But also because he doesn't really have traits aside being evil. Narcian has tropes that are inherently comedic like his vanity and his interactions with his subordinates. 

Oh, I get where you are coming from, I just don't agree with the reasons and I really feel like we should just take an ''Agree to disagree'' stance on in the effort of not derailing this topic any further.

2 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

Kiragi will be added probably in the next New Heroes if they stick to how they treated the royals last time. Although, last time Siegbert and Shiro were the stars of their banners. Hunter-boy will probably be another footnote. 

or a TT unit, who knows...

1 hour ago, Karimlan said:

Re villains: I'm of the opinion that if you hate a villain, said character is doing his/her/its job (high five @Stroud for the wrestling metaphor).

I understand what you mean. But if a game forces the heroes in a situation where the villain wins, and it feels like the heroes are being overly stupid or the villain shouldn't be successful in the moment, then I can hate them, but not hate them the right way. In other words, I hate them for winning because of poor writing. If a villain is to win to my dislike, it should be for good reasons.

Am I speaking of Iago when I say that? Nope, since all I know about the guy is that he uses two top-tier Shakespeare names, and, I question if he deserved even one. 

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

6 hours ago, Mercakete said:

Well. I certainly hope for a +spd Lilith.

Would +SPD be better than +ATK for her? I feel like she has a ton of speed already, and the attack boost would help her. Honest wondering, cause I'm trying to figure out what to hope for haha.