New Heroes: Journey Begins

Othin

42 minutes ago, Dylan Corona said:

Would +SPD be better than +ATK for her? I feel like she has a ton of speed already, and the attack boost would help her. Honest wondering, cause I'm trying to figure out what to hope for haha.

I am personally hoping for a +def one as it gives her equal def and res and it is a good choice I think for DC/enemy phase builds. My concern is the B slot, as a flying dragon she has limited options in general when it comes to skills. 

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

I am personally hoping for a +def one as it gives her equal def and res and it is a good choice I think for DC/enemy phase builds. My concern is the B slot, as a flying dragon she has limited options in general when it comes to skills. 

Hmm +Def isn't a bad idea as well. But would you really want to replace her A skill for DC? I mean she gets +5 to like every stat.

1 hour ago, Dylan Corona said:

Would +SPD be better than +ATK for her? I feel like she has a ton of speed already, and the attack boost would help her. Honest wondering, cause I'm trying to figure out what to hope for haha.

+Spd helps with preventing doubles, which is really important in Aether Raids, as units there are built with performance in mind, unlike in Arena where units run crappy skill sets just to score high. Enemy units can get extremely fast, especially if they run two Yunes, and you do not want hard hitting nukes like SK!Alm or QOV!Celica to double your tank.

6 minutes ago, XRay said:

+Spd helps with preventing doubles, which is really important in Aether Raids, as units there are built with performance in mind, unlike in Arena where units run crappy skill sets just to score high. Enemy units can get extremely fast, especially if they run two Yunes, and you do not want hard hitting nukes like SK!Alm or QOV!Celica to double your tank.

Hmm, I guess that's a good point. I don't do a lot of Aether raids, but +Spd is a good thing to keep in mind. Guess I'll have to plan some stuff out tonight before she comes out haha.

If Kiragi being the GHB meant the devs got an excuse to skip giving him a prf weapon, no thanks. I'd rather wait and see if he gets a cool prf by nature of Shiro and Siegbert getting one (and not being a staff user).

If he would've gotten a prf as a GHB, sure, I'm all in for it. Although there are children character options that make more sense as GHB than Kiragi.

40 minutes ago, Dylan Corona said:

Hmm +Def isn't a bad idea as well. But would you really want to replace her A skill for DC? I mean she gets +5 to like every stat.

She comes with Atk/Spd bond which due to her wings of mercy effect can be useful, however if going for enemy phase I think DC is way more important that 5 Atk Spd that don't make much difference. When being within 2 spaces of her support partner only with her weapon and C slot a neutral Lilith has 62 Atk, 50 Spd, 33 Def, 36 res. If she is adjacent to partner then just add +1 to all stats and if in AR count bonuses from the Myrhics, also the support partner could be Male Corrin (a really good support unit) so add +4 from Yato. With a solid stat line like that dying to a random archer or mage that could have been taken down just for a bond skill is limiting her potential in my opinion Atk least.

4 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

It isn't like regular Distant Counter. It only works if the enemy is a physical weapon user (sword, lance, axe, bow, dagger or beast).

Distant Foil could be great on Sigurd. Actually thats the only unit where that skill would somewhat make sense, because it synergizes with his B-Skill and Weapon to some degree.

Or maybe on a fancy fun build Aegis/Shield Pulse build on a slow high Def unit with Deflect Magic Sacred Seal, Lukas for example, but you are basicly butchering the units limited offensiv power allready... or Edelgard

Edited by Hilda

2 hours ago, Dylan Corona said:

I like building on the strengths that a unit already has, so for me, I think it's spd. But different people will prioritize different things. This is just my style, and it's not like I build competitively, so you're probably better off asking someone else. ^_^; But do what you think is best!

Edit: Oh man. Have to say, I love Iago's art. Respect to the artist. That foreshortening is stellar. Also, Lilith's crit art is funny. She's all "WHOA that's stronger than I expected!"

Edited by Mercakete

2 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

If Kiragi being the GHB meant the devs got an excuse to skip giving him a prf weapon, no thanks. I'd rather wait and see if he gets a cool prf by nature of Shiro and Siegbert getting one (and not being a staff user).

If he would've gotten a prf as a GHB, sure, I'm all in for it. Although there are children character options that make more sense as GHB than Kiragi.

Asugi would be a good option for that. They missed Rhajat due to her being Tharja. Mitama, maybe? I don't think there were many enemy kids outside of those three, with Mitama being a gray area.

19 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

Asugi would be a good option for that. They missed Rhajat due to her being Tharja. Mitama, maybe? I don't think there were many enemy kids outside of those three, with Mitama being a gray area.

Percy is the boss of his Paralogue...which would just contribute even further to the Male Wyvern Rider curse

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Am I speaking of Iago when I say that? Nope, since all I know about the guy is that he uses two top-tier Shakespeare names, and, I question if he deserved even one. 

That's the localization's fault. It's not Iago's fault that the localization team likely thought "Macbeth" was not villainous enough of a name to use for a villain despite the fact that Shakespeare's Macbeth is not exactly a paragon of character.

6 hours ago, Dylan Corona said:

Spd creep is harder to compensate for than bulk creep, so I'd personally prioritize Spd on fast characters unless they're severely lacking in Atk.

Just listened to the voice clips of the new characters.

Spoiler

Remember that thing I mentioned earlier where one of the problems I have with Iago is that he's a perfect example of a character whose sole existence revolves around Corrin and almost nothing else? Well here's an example of that. Literally most of his voiced lines have him bringing mention to Corrin in some form or another.

1 minute ago, Diovani Bressan said:

For someone that doesn't like Iago, he looks to be your favorite topic of conversation...

Corrin is to Iago what Iago is to you?

I mean there's not much for me to really talk about in regards to the rest of the banner, since Forrest is the only character I really care about. The rest of the characters on the banner I really don't have much to say.

Just now, Gregster101 said:

I mean there's not much for me to really talk about in regards to the rest of the banner, since Forrest is the only character I really care about. The rest of the characters on the banner I really don't have much to say.

Well... if there isn't much to say... why keep saying stuff about it?

Just let it go and move on.

29 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

For someone that doesn't like Iago, he looks to be your favorite topic of conversation...

Corrin is to Iago what Iago is to you?

Complaining about characters is fun. I could complain about Garon for ages 😀

Edited by Etrurian emperor

6 hours ago, Gregster101 said:

Remember that thing I mentioned earlier where one of the problems I have with Iago is that he's a perfect example of a character whose sole existence revolves around Corrin and almost nothing else? Well here's an example of that. Literally most of his voiced lines have him bringing mention to Corrin in some form or another.

I looked at all of his lines, and he literally only mentions Corrin by name twice. He is not a Faye who, in her festival alt, mentions Alm at least twelve times across all of her lines.

I've got three Liliths, two +Res and one neutral. I suppose I should merge one into the neutral version of her for some sweet stats. However, how would you guys build Lilith and who would you pair her up with? I'm thinking of Altina, myself.

Also, is there anyone who really wants Joint Drive Attack? It seems like everyone could use it, but is it extra good on someone in particular?

4 minutes ago, Thane said:

I've got three Liliths, two +Res and one neutral. I suppose I should merge one into the neutral version of her for some sweet stats. However, how would you guys build Lilith and who would you pair her up with? I'm thinking of Altina, myself.

Also, is there anyone who really wants Joint Drive Attack? It seems like everyone could use it, but is it extra good on someone in particular?

I feel like Brave Lucina would really enjoy it, especially in teams that aren't tactics compliant, since she wants to stack support skills anyway and it gives her a bit more oomph to slap dragons and swords with when needed.

21 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I looked at all of his lines, and he literally only mentions Corrin by name twice. He is not a Faye who, in her festival alt, mentions Alm at least twelve times across all of her lines.

He still offhandedly mentions them in one of his lines though.

4 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

He still offhandedly mentions them in one of his lines though.

Yeah, but that's still only three times if one counts that. If that is all it takes for one character to completely revolve around another character, than I guess that means a lot of characters in this game are also guilty of that.

Again, Faye (in both of versions actually) mentions Alm at least twelves times. That is an actual example of a character who entirely revolves around a different character and barely anything else.