New Heroes: Journey Begins

Othin

36 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I looked at all of his lines, and he literally only mentions Corrin by name twice. He is not a Faye who, in her festival alt, mentions Alm at least twelve times across all of her lines.

Yep. I read all the lines and that's it. Only twice. Not even in the castle quotes.

I believe Lucina mentions Chrom more than this.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

58 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

He still offhandedly mentions them in one of his lines though.

I mean, I think Lilith mentions him three times too. I don't see the problem with this, Corrin was the main character of that game. It makes sense to me. Plus, Corrin repeatedly pissed off Iago in the game, so it makes sense there too. Personally he's not my favorite villain, but I love the way he looks.

57 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Yep. I read all the lines and that's it. Only twice. Not even in the castle quotes.

I believe Lucina mentions Chrom more than this.

She is daddy's little girl. Mentions him once during summoning, once for her Castle quotes, once for her character page quotes, and once for her movie quote.
SF!Lucina only mentions daddy once though during confession.
Marth!Lucina mentions Father thrice: level up once, and character page twice.
GA!Lucina mentions him three/four times: summoning, confession (with the term "parents"), and character page twice.
Out of all his daughters, BH!Lucina is best daughter and takes the cake at EIGHT times: Castle twice, level up, confession, Special trigger, death, and character page twice.

His sister mentions him four times: summoning, Castle twice, and character page once.
His sister in Santa outfit mentions him twice: Castle and character page.

M!Robin mentions his best bud three times: Castle, character page, and confession.
F!Robin mentions her best bud also three times: summoning, Castle, and character page.
Dudette in swimsuit mentions him once in the Castle.
Best bro swinging his giant wood around mentions him once in the character page.
Backstabbing bro completely forgot about Chrom.
Backstabbing dudette also completely forgot about Chrom.

His babysitter Frederick mentions him four times: Castle twice, Special trigger, and character page.
Babysitter in swimsuit mentions him twice: summoning and Castle.

— — — — — — —

Iago refers to Corrin thrice in his character page. He is pretty much the same as everyone else, it is just that all of it is concentrated in the character page.

Edited by XRay

5 minutes ago, XRay said:

She is daddy's little girl. Mentions him once during summoning, once for her Castle quotes, once for her character page quotes, and once for her movie quote.
GA!Lucina mentions him three/four times: summoning, confession (with the term "parents"), and character page twice.
Out of all his daughters, BH!Lucina is best daughter and takes the cake at EIGHT times: Castle twice, level up, confession, Special trigger, death, and character page twice.

His sister mentions him four times: summoning, Castle twice, and character page once.

M!Robin mentions his best bud three times: Castle, character page, and confession.
F!Robin mentions her best bud also three times: summoning, Castle, and character page.
Best bro swinging his giant wood around mentions him once in the character page.

His babysitter Frederick mentions him four times: Castle twice, Special trigger, and character page.

Hahaha. Chrom is so loved by his family/friends...

Or... according to the new definition we learned in this Topic, these people have their existence revolves around Chrom and almost nothing else.

Just listened to Iago's voice clips.

His Japanese voice gives me Narcian and Kempf vibes. Except even more dramatic, somehow. All in all, it sounds totally in-character for him.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

— — — — — — —

Iago refers to Corrin thrice in his character page. He is pretty much the same as everyone else, it is just that all of it is concentrated in the character page.

Your description of the various versions of Robin, Lucina, Lissa, and Frederick is hilarious. XD Hmmm I'm still waiting for Emmeryn to make an appearance. And Gangrel. So I can finally support them. Still disappointed I couldn't ship them in their home game.

35 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Hmmm I'm still waiting for Emmeryn to make an appearance. And Gangrel. So I can finally support them. Still disappointed I couldn't ship them in their home game.

Amnesia and madness go well together.

Edited by XRay

3 hours ago, Thane said:

Also, is there anyone who really wants Joint Drive Attack? It seems like everyone could use it, but is it extra good on someone in particular?

Anyone with a Brave weapon.

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

Just listened to Iago's voice clips.

His Japanese voice gives me Narcian and Kempf vibes. Except even more dramatic, somehow. All in all, it sounds totally in-character for him.

His Japanese voice is the best. I haven't listened to his Heroes lines yet and never played Fates, but his lines in Warriors are just so comically exaggerated. It's amazing.

3 hours ago, XRay said:

Amnesia and madness go well together.

More like amnesia and depression. I think Gangrel wanted to stay dead.

13 hours ago, Gregster101 said:

Yeah, I could complain about Garon for ages as well. I just dislike Iago more that's all.

Look, it's okay, you can tell us about how much you adore Iago. We won't judge you!

But seriously, if you dislike Iago that much, why do you keep talking about him?

I ended up getting Midori with the summoning tickets. She is -atk which is fine because she'll be foddered to Micaiah. 

2 hours ago, eclipse said:

Look, it's okay, you can tell us about how much you adore Iago. We won't judge you!

But seriously, if you dislike Iago that much, why do you keep talking about him?

In a certain sense if one loves to keep on talking about a character they hate, it's like they love them, no? 

10 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

I looked at all of his lines, and he literally only mentions Corrin by name twice. He is not a Faye who, in her festival alt, mentions Alm at least twelve times across all of her lines.

Okay so I checked how many times Micaiah mentions Sothe and she only mentions him one time in two of her versions and twice in another version. Sothe mentions her three times. 

What this means is that Sothe is no Faye. 

Edited by Icelerate

10 hours ago, eclipse said:

You're guess is as good as mine

All the characters in this banner have great art. I really dig the combination of Iago and his red feather cape. It reminds me of Disney's Aladdin. I don't know if the parrot was named Iago in other languages as well, but it was in German and I can't unsee the connection between the bird and Nohr's greatest tactician.

I think I prefer his English voice because the Japanese one is a bit too squeaky for my taste. Not that I play the game with sound. Ever.

1 hour ago, Sweet Summer Tana said:

All the characters in this banner have great art. I really dig the combination of Iago and his red feather cape. It reminds me of Disney's Aladdin. I don't know if the parrot was named Iago in other languages as well, but it was in German and I can't unsee the connection between the bird and Nohr's greatest tactician.

I think I prefer his English voice because the Japanese one is a bit too squeaky for my taste. Not that I play the game with sound. Ever.

It's his name in other languages

Managed 2 copies of Lilith and 2 copies of Rinkah before hitting 40 summons and chose Lilith as the freebie, though I was tempted to grab Midori just for collection.

Best copies were a +Atk on Lilith and a +Def on Rinkah. Not optimal, but I'm not going to complain since they're pretty much the next best thing.

Thinking about Forrest having Fortress Res, I wonder if they'll ever make a demote with Fortress Def/Res 2. That'd make it possible to use a single Idunn to pass down both Fortress Def/Res 3 and the full Vengeful Fighter line, which would be nice for my BK since I do have an extra Idunn already.

I also wonder if the new free summon rule means all future New Heroes banners will be color balanced, so that like with CYL, you're always picking your free unit from one orb of each color. Almost all of last year's were color balanced (only exceptions were Fallen Heroes and FE5), but this year we got the FE4 and FE7 banners that weren't.

I for one hope they keep the color balance for future banners. Sure, it means slightly worse odds over all, but combined with the instang demote that you can safely avoid if you don't care to have them immediatly, and the fact that as long as you have about 150 orbs saved you can you get one character for sure, it makes it a bit easier to try for all characters to complete your collection.

I got Midori and Lilith, and Forrest will surely come as a 3* one day.

Let all future new heroes banners be like this and I'm good.