Voting Jubilee

"In the Voting Jubilee event held to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the Fire Emblem series, you can match characters from the Fire Emblem games to five categories. One category is revealed every two days!"

So, apparently we're getting a new fan voting thing, and this time we're simply voting for which character we prefer for whichever category is up for that day. Today, we're voting on who we'd most want as a teacher. My vote went to Pent for this one, because why not? Seems like a good teacher, if Erk is anything to go by!

Here's the announcement tweet:

Voting site:

https://fe30th.special.fire-emblem-heroes.com/en-us

First category: The Hero You Want as a Teacher (I voted for Pent).
Second category: The Most Graceful Dancing Duet (I voted for Ninian and Nils).
Third category: The Villain You Just Can't Hate (I voted for Lyon).
Fourth category: The Most Brilliant Detective Duo (I voted for Brom and Nephenee).
Fifth category: The Hero You Wish Were Your Sibling (I voted for Lyn).

Edited by Fire Emblem Fan

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

went for Levin

imo he'd be an amazing teacher, basically Eikichi Onizuka from GTO, except no stunts

Edited by Yexin

In the hopes of ‘the most popular character of each category will be given as a manual’ (or featurered on a farfetched banner later this year if not in the game) I went for F!Byleth. I am in need of fury 4 fodder and I don’t have enough codes for 2.8 paths so this would speed it up.

Camilla is totally going to win this, is she?

I gave Micaiah the first vote because no joke, I've always wanted to see her as a teacher. I think she'll make a great one.

Now see, what other teacher would not only give you a solid education and sometimes-solid answers to legitimate (er... sometimes legitimate?) questions, but also spontaneously invite you to tea parties where they always pick the right flavor of tea and know exactly what to say? And let's not forget shoving just so many flowers, random junk you like, and crap you lost that was found in the exact spot you were standing in a month ago into your arms!
. . .
. . .
. . .and let's not forget badonkahonkers!

13 minutes ago, Jave said:

Camilla is totally going to win this, is she?

Smh all these deviant voters. I went with A!Tiki.

I do think Byleth might win this category. Makes me wonder what the other categories are, and if they'll make a banner of this in the end.

Cecilia's professionalism could be questioned however if she shacks up with Roy. 😮

I'm going to ignore the possibility of there being a material reward based on the winner and go with Titania.

Hmm. Five polls, at least one for a pair - I wonder if this is setting up for some sort of theme banner, maybe around November?

I'll have to think about who I want to vote for. Probably someone not in the game yet. Maybe Salem, for this one?

2 hours ago, Othin said:

Hmm. Five polls, at least one for a pair - I wonder if this is setting up for some sort of theme banner, maybe around November?

Oooo good theory! A teacher banner would be fun!

As for my vote... Hmmm this is tough one. I'm a self-teaching sort of person, primarily. Hmm but for me... I'd want a teacher who's older than me, or at least very mature mentally and emotionally. Someone who gets the facts right and really knows what they're talking about, is patient and adapts depending on the student's learning style. I'd want someone who's chill and lets me take things at my own pace instead of trying to hurry me up or push me too far. Someone with a calm presence...and a good listener, who really cares about my insights and feelings. Someone who also gives a lot of encouragement.

It's hard to come up with someone who fits all that. Almost anyone I can come up with is missing at least one of those qualities. I guess the one who fits it best is Oscar from PoR/RD, but he's not really a scholar (and I'd want to explore deeper topics.) Shigure might work, but I can't help but see him as less experienced than myself. Titania (FE9/10) is a good answer, maybe, except that she would push me and what I personally need is someone who can set me at ease; I'll do the pushing myself. I guess Makoto (Mikoto? Corrin's mom) fits that description, but I don't know. That doesn't really feel right. Soren wouldn't be interested in teaching, though he has the knowledge for it, and he's not really the encouraging type. Griel and Ike are both the sorts to push, even though I think they would be good otherwise. Ranulf would be a good teacher. Seems like he would help you get past a mistake pretty well. Even so, he doesn't quite fir my ideal...

Okay, so I don't know this character well enough to be certain (I've only cleared FE9 and FE10 once each) of this answer, but maybe Sephiran? I mean, I don't like Zelgius for FE9 reasons, and we'd have the same teacher, and considering how things worked out with Zelgius, maybe I wouldn't like Sephiran as a teacher, even though I find him to be knowledgeable, calming, gentle and insightful (my priority list.) Man, this is hard... Maybe Hanneman (who is actually a professional teacher)? He does a good job of calming and reining in Annette... Saleh and Pent seem like good options, too, but I don't know; maybe not? Muarim would be my pick, perhaps, except that he's, again, not really a scholar.

Ah! I'm not even including characters from FEH! Alfonse would be a good teacher, I think, but he has enough insecurities due to age that maybe he's not quite the best pick.Gunnthra would make a good teacher, perhaps, but, well... She's...indisposed. Laegjarn, maybe? I mean, she has the same problems as Gunnthra, but I feel like I'd get along with her better than the aforementioned one. She'd probably prefer a warmer room than me, though. Hrid would probably be too busy with other responsibilities. Lif, though... He might make a good teacher. He doesn't have anything in particular he has to do, so we could get some one on one studies without feeling the pressures of time, and he has all the advantages of Alfonse (adaptable to working with other kinds of people, enjoys going deeper into topics, has accumulated knowledge and a love of learning, has a naturally calm personality and a sincere care of others) with the maturity that comes from age/experience. Sure, he has some traumas to work through, but this may even be therapeutic for him and help him come into his own again by helping someone else grow.

It may be weird, but in the end, I think I choose Lif. XD Griel and Oscar are ones I'd enjoy as teachers, too, I think, especially Oscar. Oscar can teach horsemanship and the lance, but I'd rather study topics like language and culture. Oh! Lyon from FE8 would make a good teacher, too, being a gentle, kind, and learned man. He certainly helped Ephraim out with his studies. And again, Hanneman has a bunch of knowledge to pull from, so I'd never run out of interesting topics to dive into. Aw, shoot. Now I have too many options... x_x

I guess in the end it’s between Lif and Lyon. I’d love to see Lyon as a teacher, but I also think that Lif could begin to heal by investing in others. Aw shoot; wait, there’s Artur from FE8 too. Bruno could make a good teacher, too, if he could keep his curse in check, but that curse is concerning.

Okay, so, I guess I’ll vote for Lif since Lyon has to focus on his own studies as he works toward preparing himself from the throne, but the Alfonse of this world has Askr covered, and Lif doesn’t have that same responsibility anymore. So, I choose Lif.

(SF ate my post, so I'm really glad I had this on my clipboard so I cult put it on Word until the forums came back. x_x )

As for a teacher in fighting as a dragon, though, I's probably want Bantu, Nasir, or Rajaion.

I'm pretty sure most people are going to vote Byleth for this category...

Not sure who I'd pick for this one, really. Frederick comes to mind since he does instruct recruits and such, but he's a pretty brutal teacher. lol I dunno if I can handle him. Maybe if I had him instruct me in knitting or something like that? I did try to learn in the past and just couldn't get it. lol Frederick would probably be able to get me to figure it out. XD Yeah, I guess I could pick him! I can't seriously think of anyone else and I'm not interested in picking Byleth.

Edited by Anacybele

7 hours ago, Yexin said:

went for Levin

imo he'd be an amazing teacher, basically Eikichi Onizuka from GTO, except no stunts

No German Suplex = INVALID XD

I voted for Vaike.