Voting Jubilee

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Oooo good theory! A teacher banner would be fun!

Probably not a full teacher banner. One teacher slot, four other slots for whatever the other voting categories are.

This event is interesting I kind of hope we do end up with a banner out of this. I voted for Barry from TMS because I always wanted to learn to dance and he seems like a fun teacher.

Went with F!Byleth.

If we do get them as Manuals though, maybe I should go for Altina, BH!Ike, and Mareeta.

11 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

This event is interesting I kind of hope we do end up with a banner out of this. I voted for Barry from TMS because I always wanted to learn to dance and he seems like a fun teacher.

Inb4 someone thirsty votes for Maiko.

I went with Bastian. He'd give awesome lit classes and I feel you could really discuss different literary theories with him.

14 minutes ago, XRay said:

Went with F!Byleth.

If we do get them as Manuals though, maybe I should go for Altina, BH!Ike, and Mareeta.

Manuals would require voting for units like in A Hero Rises, not characters like on CYL.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

Manuals would require voting for units like in A Hero Rises, not characters like on CYL.

It is possible they can do things differently.

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

It is possible they can do things differently.

It wouldn't make sense. Using this method for manuals would just create difficulties in handling characters not yet in the game and characters with multiple versions, for no reason. 

It's not manuals.

33 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Tbf Maiko would make an interesting teacher in Askr. Just imagine her training other heroes for the idol industry.

by the same logic, why not someone like Yashiro lmao

Just now, Karimlan said:

by the same logic, why not someone like Yashiro lmao

Ah well it's just that Maiko is the head of Fortuna and it's her job to oversee their progress and help them improve. Sure Yashiro or Kiria might be accomplished professionals but Maiko seems better suited for the teaching role.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Probably not a full teacher banner. One teacher slot, four other slots for whatever the other voting categories are.

I know. "Teacher banner" is just more succinct than "a banner with teachers and students on it." If it's going to be released in autumn, that's when the school year starts in the west, so the timing would make sense for some of us (even though I think the school year starts in spring in Japan.) So, maybe other categories would be "teacher's pet" and "struggling to get good grades" or something.

1 minute ago, Mercakete said:

I know. "Teacher banner" is just more succinct than "a banner with teachers and students on it." If it's going to be released in autumn, that's when the school year starts in the west, so the timing would make sense for some of us (even though I think the school year starts in spring in Japan.) So, maybe other categories would be "teacher's pet" and "struggling to get good grades" or something.

Ooh, like a full school theme? That could work.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

Ooh, like a full school theme? That could work.

Yeah! Hmm in this hypothetical students thing, I'd say that teacher's pet would maybe be Morgan (FE13) (aspiring to be like his/her parent, Robin), class clown would be...hmm I'm not sure. Who goofs off for the purpose of getting attention from his or her peers? Oh! Azama (FE14), maybe. The delinquent would be Brigand Boss (or anyone like him), honor students (1 boy and 1 girl as a duo unit) would be Soren (FE9) and Lute (FE8) and the one who's just not understanding the material would be Vaike (FE13) (probably.) Of course, if these do come up, it'll depend on how they're phrased for how I actually vote. (I.e., "who would make a good teacher?" is different from "who would you like to be your teacher?")

I picked Cecilia, even though Byleth is likely going to be the obvious winner.

I wouldn't read too into it about the possibility of a Special Heroes banner -- 7 feels too many for a Special Heroes event (unless there's that possibility of a Hero winning multiple categories) when they normally feature up to 6 characters (1 Tempest Trials reward unit, a Duo Hero, and 3 singular banner units that are to be featured alongside the Duo) unless they were to include a second Duo Hero somewhere.

For now, I just see this as some silly community event to celebrate the 30th anniversary of FE with an incentive for RTing the Twitter post about the event -- it's pretty similar to having the student body vote for stuff like best-dressed student for the school yearbook photos. Pretty certain that this is the first time a FE franchise anniversary got officially publicized to international audiences (normally, the franchise anniversaries were directed to the Japanese audience).

8 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

I picked Cecilia, even though Byleth is likely going to be the obvious winner.

I wouldn't read too into it about the possibility of a Special Heroes banner -- 7 feels too many for a Special Heroes event (unless there's that possibility of a Hero winning multiple categories) when they normally feature up to 6 characters (1 Tempest Trials reward unit, a Duo Hero, and 3 singular banner units that are to be featured alongside the Duo) unless they were to include a second Duo Hero somewhere.

For now, I just see this as some silly community event to celebrate the 30th anniversary of FE with an incentive for RTing the Twitter post about the event -- it's pretty similar to having the student body vote for stuff like best-dressed student for the school yearbook photos. Pretty certain that this is the first time a FE franchise anniversary got officially publicized to international audiences (normally, the franchise anniversaries were directed to the Japanese audience).

Hmm, I hadn't noticed that they'd confirmed that there would be two pair votes, but looking at the site, it seems both the second and fourth votes will be pairs. Not sure what to make of that, but I wouldn't rule out the possibility of two duo heroes. 

Clearly I voted Shade...wait nope, still not on there. You have until the end of the year to fix this, Heroes, she's even in SoV albeit only technically. I get not having Alice, Valjean, Nieve, or Poe, but come on. Also why is Pheros still only available as a TMS option?

Since I have to go with not who I ACTUALLY would have picked, Cecilia seems like she'd be a competent teacher capable of quickly discerning what sort of studies I would actually have a proficiency for and providing useful lessons built around those proficiencies. My second NNID chose the Rainbow Sage as a left-field pick - he seems to be an incredibly wise individual, who could help me achieve my own full potential possibly without me even realizing it.