Voting Jubilee

22 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Well, that's just lazy design work. That other "Palla" literally looks like her twin.

134?cb=20170413051128350?cb=20170509051117350?cb=20120407145726233?cb=20161108020126161?cb=20160721052448237?cb=20160507044228257?cb=20160507044230251?cb=20160627170944308?cb=20160627170943

FE does like its green-haired pegasus knights, huh.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Othin said:

134?cb=20170413051128350?cb=20170509051117350?cb=20120407145726233?cb=20161108020126161?cb=20160721052448237?cb=20160507044228257?cb=20160507044230251?cb=20160627170944308?cb=20160627170943

FE does like its green-haired pegasus knights, huh.

Seems so, but not all of them look so close to Palla. Could add Elincia to this list too though, she's also got green hair and rides a Pegasus, even if she's a special case.

Ooh, this is a fun one!

I want to vote Ranulf as one half of this. He figured out who the Black Knight is before anyone else and his intuition is pretty great. But who would be a great partner for him? I WOULD say Ike, but I feel like he'd just be more of a sidekick in this case. He never really struck me as someone who has any form of detective skills. But he is pretty smart despite how sheltered his upbringing seemed to be, so who knows. And Ranulf can leave with Ike at the end of RD, so...yeah, why not I guess? Ranulf and Ike!

Edited by Anacybele

Detectives? Er... That's kind of out of left field... Hmmm Volke? I mean, he kind of has a similar job to a private investigator, right? Maybe one of the ninjas? No, they're more spies and assassins than detectives. There are plenty of tacticians, too, but that's a different skill set. I'm a bit stumped on this one; it doesn't really fit FE. Hmm Seth? And a tagalong Franz, maybe? I mean, Seth did figure out the whole Orson thing. That'd be cute, I guess.

The trouble is that this really sounds like a cosplay + "humoring not-actually-smart people" situation. Like Fae or something, thinking she's super smart and "solving a mystery" of who ate the cookies or whatever. "Detective" is just a bit too specific, you know? Hmmm... Golly. This is tough.

I'm a bit late, heh. The Most Brilliant Detective Duo, huh? Honestly, Matthew and Leila are the very first two characters that came to mind. But, at the same time, I...kinda wanna  vote for Brom and Nephenee, purely because I feel like this'll be my last chance to vote for Brom. On the other hand, let's face it, Brom and Nephenee don't really do a lot of detective work, eh? Still, it might be a fun theme, just because. This is a tough one for me.

@Fire Emblem Fan

I thought of Matthew and Leila, too, but their job isn't to do the deducing. Their job is to observe and report. So, upon further inspection, I ruled them out.

3 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I'm a bit late, heh. The Most Brilliant Detective Duo, huh? Honestly, Matthew and Leila are the very first two characters that came to mind. But, at the same time, I...kinda wanna  vote for Brom and Nephenee, purely because I feel like this'll be my last chance to vote for Brom. On the other hand, let's face it, Brom and Nephenee don't really do a lot of detective work, eh? Still, it might be a fun theme, just because. This is a tough one for me.

They help Lucia out but in reality, Heather and Lucia were the better detectives in chapter 2-2. 

This one is tough... there's Matthew and Leila but are they the best if one of them failed their detective mission? Lucia and Bastian are good picks but they aren't really favourites of mine. I like them just fine but... I dunno, I'll have to think on this.

Urgh, if I'm going to go with just "brilliant" then I'd probably vote for Soren and Lute. They could make for a fun duo unit. But as detectives? I mean, they probably could, but it's not like that's their niche.

I'm going for the "Lead Detective that over analyses everything but misses out the obvious" and the "Sidekick that thinks more rationally and points out the obvious" archetype.

So my vote was for Lute & Artur.

Anyone who knows where the fuck to find Kellam has my vote.

...but for reals, who came up with these...? Like teachers made sense cause we did have a few obvious teachers (even played as one), but dancing duo is a little out there when most games didn't even have dancing scenes. Villains you can't hate could go either way. Detective duo though...?

Edited by Xenomata

7 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Why are there two Pallas? And why the heck is Finn there?

The common denominator between them is their legwear- really tall boots, and the majority don't wear tights or pants.

Technically, you could expand this artwork to contain: Melady, Clarine,  lgrene, Juno, Shanna, Thea, Louise, Fiora, Farina, Florina, Vaida, Leila, L'Arachel, Vanessa, Tana, Amelia, Eirika, PoR Marcia, Mia, Lyre, Katarina, Norne, Cordelia, Flavia, Cherche, Sumia, Sully, Hinoka, Tsubasa, and Eleonora. And maybe some more I missed, with a few more on top of that if you included those with tights or pants too- as they partly did here. But, the fan who drew/commissioned this was a Kaga diehard who wasn't so interested or outright antipathetic in any game to come after he left.

Despite more than triple the games, Finn appears to be the only man to copy this feminine fashion. So either he's daring, oblivious, or too concerned about defending his young liege and daughter to worry about what others think of his style- thats hu-manly there!

-But lets not make a serious prolonged FE gender critique from this.:^_^:

---

To be on topic...

Yeah, I see the cases for Lucia, Ranulf, Bastian, and Volke, and Matthew and Leila too. But don't forget Micaiah and the Herons!

*In a court room*

Defendant Li R. Mann: "I'm innocent, I was visiting my friend's place on the rainy night before the murder happened!"

Leanne: "&!%@$#  )(:"{{ ...Lies!"

Reyson: "We see the depths of your heart, the shadows you've been cast upon it say everything!"

Defendant: "My heart only cries at your accusations!"

Micaiah: "How the anger swells in you at our revealing of the truth. You and your friend rode in the darkness with a single-minded obsession to see her strangled to death with your own hands! The evidence Sir Bastian has gathered corroborates our powers- the injuries on her body do not correspond to a hanging as you framed it to be!"

Defendant: "DAMN YOU TO HELL!"

...On a more serious note, Lyn can track humans, maybe she has a place in forensics?

Oh and just for the record, I didn't vote for Kaden and Selkie myself but instead went with something even dumber:

Spoiler

Marty and Gonzalez because I felt like shit posting again.

But hey, at least I'm repping characters that aren't in the game, right?

This is a strange duo question. I am going to go with Miriel and Laurent.

13 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

If anyone wants an option for a meme vote, then Kaden and Selkie because of their Forging Bonds story.

You actually remember this game's writing? 

Another good idea is Sanaki with either Sephiran, Sigrun or even Tormod. Sanaki investigated the slave trade in PoR and in RD she investigated the Begnion's oppression of Daein along with attempting to investigate the Senate when it comes to the Serenes Massacre. 

Oh man why didn't I think of it before?! Alfonse and Bruno! Bruno is literally investigating stuff right now, and Alfonse...well, he's proven himself time and again. They might fit best. I do like the Artur and Lute idea; thought of it myself earlier. Kind of would like to see Seth and Clive, too; they have these sorts of "figuring stuff out" brains too. Ena is also an awesome candidate. Maybe Ena and Nasir, who worked together already to find what happened to Rajaion? ... Now I have too many options again.

@Xenomata

XD I keep forgetting that guy exists....seriously.

@Interdimensional Observer

XD Oh man that parody...

Edit: Ah, the Miriel/Laurent thing is a good option, too. Shoot.

Edited by Mercakete

1 minute ago, Icelerate said:

You actually remember this game's writing? 

I like what they do with Forging Bonds more often than not. It's the main story that I stopped giving a shit about ages ago (as in, I just skip all the story dialogue now).

11 hours ago, Mercakete said:

@Jotari

Foreshortening, not foreshadowing. Foreshortening is an artistic term for making something appear closer or further from the viewer. It involves layering objects (in this case, for example, his foot is in front of his calf which is in front of his thigh) and shortening or lengthening lines in addition to changing the sizes of objects in relation to how close or far away it is from the viewer. Artistic perspective.

Oh. Haha. Misread. You're right, it is a nice boot, though I feel like the depth on his shoulders is a bit off. But eh, it was only a rough sketch to begin with.

Actually ya know what? Kellam actually makes a great detective cause Kellam would literally be at the scene of the crime as it plays out!

So Kellam gets my vote! But hm... who does Kellam work best with...