Voting Jubilee

Berkut and Rinea won Dancing Duet, all is right in the world. It's also pretty nice seeing Berkut at 2nd place for Villain you just can't hate.

Honestly, I'm surprised to see Shannam at 10th place for Teacher. I know there's that conversation where he on the spot teaches Mareeta Astra, a skill he doesn't even know, but it's still surprising to see him on here this high.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well nobody I voted for won, the highest was Ashe for sibling.  These are nice though since each winner/set of winners are from different games.  

I'm pretty happy that Lyon won the villain category, he's definitely the best and most correct choice for it, in my opinion. I'm not mad about Matthew and Leila's victory, either, even if I didn't vote for them. I'm not thrilled about the other winners, though; I'd rather have seen Pent or Cecilia take the teacher category, I'd rather almost anyone other than Berkut in all categories, and Camilla as a sibling...a biiiiiit too clingy for me.

8 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Cool!

So... why'd we do this?

Because, reasons!

7 hours ago, Icelerate said:

Do you think there was memeing or vote rigging? 

Memeing? Yes. Vote rigging? Eh, doubt it.

So, let's see how good I did.

Teacher: Hanneman is in 39th place. Not bad but also not amazingly good. Middle of the pack.

Dancing duet: Heather and Nephenee didn't even make the list. Actually, Nephenee didn't make the list in any form despite having a dancer alt. Fs in the chat.

Villain: Selena got 20th place. Pretty good. I hope this helps her get in the game.

Detective Duo: Matthew and Leila won! 1st place baby!

Sibling: Elise got 2nd place! OMG you did amazing sweety. After this your 3rd alt is guaranteed. Or it better be because I want my Elise Emblem.

Some interesting stuff I noticed from the results:

There were a lot of memers who voted two of the same character like Laslow + Inigo, Avatar (male) + Avatar (female), Devdan + Danved and Sylvain + Sylvain LMAO.

Saul and Dorothy did surprisingly well in the dancing vote. Please IS, put them in the game as a reward.

I'm surprised so many people chose unpopular characters that fit the theme.

Janaff and Ulki are in the Detective top 100 TWICE, which makes sense with their abilities but is still surprising because they are seriously unpopular.

Byleth (female) + Edelgard beating Byleth (male) + Edelgard everywhere is nice. Same thing for Byleth (male) + Dimitri/Claude doing at least as good as the heterosexual pairing.

In general people voted pretty well and within the themes which is good. The only outliers are the obvious meme votes like the ones with two of the same unit or stuff like Loki + Camilla being so high in the dancing duet (I absolutely blame that one piece of fan-art of Loki and Camilla dancing that was memed during the voting) and one bizarre choice of Tharja in the villain poll.

I mean Tharja starts as an enemy unit so it's not as bad as if someone you can never fight in any form like Greil was there, but she still sticks out among the other 99 winners who are all major villains, chapter bosses and Camuses.

Since the vote got split, the possibility of a Marth style robbing was always on the table and yep, it happened.

If they combined Edelgard's three forms in the Villain poll she would have had more votes than Lyon. It's no wonder Lyon and Ephraim are good friends, they both enjoy screwing people over with split votes. Oh well, it's not like Edelgard needs this victory to get alts, she is the 3H lord with the largest number of canon variants AND the most votes in CYL after all.

But it's still an unfair loss and a reminder of why IS needs to combine the votes. Sh*t like this can't keep happening.

Anyway, the winners while predictable weren't non-sensical choices. People who are blaming the horniness of the community are stretching the truth IMO.

Byleth (female) may have won but Byleth (male) was right behind. It has little to do with horniness and everything to do with recency bias.

And if Camilla hadn't won the Sibling vote it would have been utterly bizarre. We all know that she is incredibly well liked and stood the test of time. And her primary role is being a sister (her second one is being a warrior, the third is being a princess) so this theme was made for her, and if being rigged in her favour didn't make her win it would mean that she lost her popularity (same thing if Berkut didn't dominate the Dancing vote and the Byleths the Teacher one. We would be arguing that they are less popular than expected) and while some players can't wait for Camilla to become unpopular, going "it didn't happen yet, let's blame the horny ones" is not a very mature thing to do. In the same way that calling people with different opinions names is immature.

It would have been another matter if Camilla won multiple polls, and especially the Teacher and Dancing ones because it would have shown a desire for other kinky outfits (sexy teacher) beating the votes who actually followed the theme. But since it didn't happen everything is fine and being surprised that Camilla won the sibling competition is the same as being surprised that sticking a fork in the toaster got you electrocuted.

All that remains to do is wait and see if these results mattered at all or if it was just a competition for fun.

Either way I liked it a lot. IS should do this kind of stuff more often.

Results are up. And they're pretty boring. Wow.

But Ike and Elincia are in the top 100 for dancing duo..and much higher than Geoffrey and Elincia. Hint hint, IS. 😄

Edited by Anacybele

Incredibly boring results... mostly.

F!Byleth was an entirely predictable and boring choice. Protag from the newest FE and it's a girl so duh.

Lyon was nice, kinda boring but fine. I do like him and he deserves an alt if we're headed there.

Dancing Duo made sense from a canonical perspective but it's still the most boring choice considering both of these units already have DANCING ALTS IN THE GAME.

Detective Duo is by far the most interesting with Matt and Leila but I can't help but that feel like there were funner choices outside of two obvious spies.

Camilla is just a perpetual facepalm and a sexually charged vote magnet. It's sad that the reasons most of the voters would pick her for their sibling are likely incestual in nature which... I can't even entertain.

I hope units won't come out of this.... a Matthew/Leila duo unit would utterly devour any semblance of orb stash that I could potentially build up.

I'm very curious to find out if this poll was just for fun, or if it will play into the game down the line. Either way, rather glad IS didn't reveal ahead of time the purpose since it looks like people really did vote on theme instead of just throwing forward popular characters. Here were my picks:

Best teacher - Titania (67th place, nice. Would have been surprised if Byleth didn't win this since that's the whole initial gimmick of 3H plus recency bias)

Dancing Duo - Pent & Louise (12th place. Was also considering Eliwood & Ninian who got 3rd, but imagined Pent & Louise would have had more time to practice dancing together given their noble status) Definitely see a lot of shipping bias in some of the answers that amuses me greatly. Lol, imagining Ike and Soren dancing. Soren would absolutely refuse, and poor Ike might try but would not be graceful. Pure OTP pick would have been Geoffrey x Elincia, so yes very happy to also see them rank)

Villain - Lloyd (21st. Wow, not bad. Picked him since always like the Black Fang as a family with a morally gray mission, and dammit he deserves some justice after his FEH art. Happy with Lyon winning tho)

Detective Duo - Volke & Bastian (5th!!! Ok that's awesome they got so high. Not mad at Matthew & Leila, they're another OTP of mine and I did consider it, but swerved away since spies aren't really the same as detectives.)

Sibling - I missed this vote, and don't have much to comment on the results.

Edited by Cimikat

Oh yeah, none of my votes placed in the top 100 for any category. No surprise there.

EDIT: Oh wait, I didn't look closely enough! Frederick actually is in the top 100 for teacher and Zelgius is for villain you can't hate. Nice! Go Freddy Bear. ❤️

Edited by Anacybele

I didn't do too bad with my picks. Pent was 16th in the teaching category (Lyn was notably 9th), Ninian and Nils were 7th for dancers, Lyon won his category, Brom and Nephenee didn't place Top 100 for detectives (surprise!), and Lyn was tied 26th for sibling.

Edited by Fire Emblem Fan

My picks:

Teacher: Micaiah (21st). Wow, surprisingly high. Nice to see her getting love in this category.

Dancing Duo: F!Byleth and Edelgard (19th). Nice, but recency bias certainly helped.

Villain: Hardin (40th). Huh, was seriously expecting him to rank higher. Guess it can be atributed to a lot of people not playing FE3/FE12.

Detective Duo: Lute and Artur (38th). Interesting. Was expecting less, to be honest.

Sibling: Marianne (86th). Huh. Was really expecting higher for this one. Oh well. Fun poll overall.

5 hours ago, Cimikat said:

Best teacher - Titania (67th place, nice. Would have been surprised if Byleth didn't win this since that's the whole initial gimmick of 3H plus recency bias)

That's RD Titania. PoR Titania actually ranked 20th, and the highest Tellius character.

On 4/11/2020 at 10:51 PM, eclipse said:

That's the NEW Mystery.  So I see them as the fanfiction add-on that somehow became canon.   😛

Godlike take, Eclipse

Yawn... I'm incredibly salty about Byleth and Camilla winning those categories even though it was obvious.

Edit: aw, I just saw Ike and Soren are pretty high in the dancing category. Nice. Also, Sylvain and... Sylvain. Lmao.

Edited by Book Bro

11 hours ago, Anacybele said:

But Ike and Elincia are in the top 100 for dancing duo..and much higher than Geoffrey and Elincia. Hint hint, IS. 😄

Ike as a dancer, confirmed!  😛

CECILIA'S THIRD FOR TEACHER, AND MURDOCK'S ON THE VILLAIN LIST, LIFE IS GOOD!  Also, Ashe for best brother.

The rest of my answers were mostly trolling.  Though the detective results were pretty funny.

6 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Ike as a dancer, confirmed!  😛

That'd be funny to see, honestly. XD

I also laughed at Sylvain and himself at 33rd in the dancing duo category. LOL This is definitely due to the dancing Sylvain meme which is hilarious!

Edited by Anacybele

NICE ike and soren getting somewhat high in the ranking. one after the other, even

ok IS ike and soren duo when?? 😞 I saw someone did an edit of baby ike and soren as a duo and became really sad when it wasnt real

Screenshot_20200424-192121_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20200424-192159_Samsung Internet.jpg

Pretty predictable results. 

Got the teacher just the wrong version as I had voted Enlightened Female Byleth. 

The dancing duo was pretty good but I voted the most random thing as an accident so it doesn't matter.

I am very happy with the Villian especially if it means that Lyon will receive an alt or some special treatment. I don't remember the placing of Anankos but judging by Gunters' quote in tap battle the time for his arrival might be near so I technically got my wish granted. 

I got the Detective duo right. Mathew and Leila are clearly something people like take notes IS. 

The Sibling was expected I guess. I voted Ike which was pretty high if I remember correctly so all is good. 

I wonder if the results will be used for a banner (the filler one after book 4 ends). 

On 4/23/2020 at 5:38 PM, GrandeRampel said:

And if Camilla hadn't won the Sibling vote it would have been utterly bizarre. We all know that she is incredibly well liked and stood the test of time. And her primary role is being a sister (her second one is being a warrior, the third is being a princess) so this theme was made for her, and if being rigged in her favour didn't make her win it would mean that she lost her popularity (same thing if Berkut didn't dominate the Dancing vote and the Byleths the Teacher one. We would be arguing that they are less popular than expected) and while some players can't wait for Camilla to become unpopular, going "it didn't happen yet, let's blame the horny ones" is not a very mature thing to do. In the same way that calling people with different opinions names is immature.

It would have been another matter if Camilla won multiple polls, and especially the Teacher and Dancing ones because it would have shown a desire for other kinky outfits (sexy teacher) beating the votes who actually followed the theme. But since it didn't happen everything is fine and being surprised that Camilla won the sibling competition is the same as being surprised that sticking a fork in the toaster got you electrocuted.

Sorry but all of the Fates Lords qualify as Siblings first and foremost. Everyone knows exactly why ****zilla won.

All Nifl and the Muspell sisters qualify too and alot of other chars.

If anythign Leagjarn would have been a better fit then Ze Milla.

But again doesnt matter i stoped voting after the 1. Vote and it doesnt change the fact how i see ****zilla. Cant argue against those deeply instinctiv arguments.

On 4/25/2020 at 2:49 PM, Hilda said:

Sorry but all of the Fates Lords qualify as Siblings first and foremost. Everyone knows exactly why ****zilla won.

Because she is the only one of the nine Fates siblings to have won CYL and she got more exposure than the others (Azura, Xandee and Takumi being the three with more exposure after her)?

On 4/25/2020 at 2:49 PM, Hilda said:

All Nifl and the Muspell sisters qualify too and alot of other chars.

If anythign Leagjarn would have been a better fit then Ze Milla.

Heroes doesn't take place in Nifl/Muspell, it takes place in Askr.

So if anything Sharena should take the role of character who lives with the avatar and forms some sort of sibling-like bond with them.

And unsurprusingly Sharena is in 4th place, higher than any other Heroes OC.

Obviously characters that are shown being good siblings on-screen have an advantage and make more sense with the theme of the poll than most. But even then, characters like the Fates royals have even more of an advantage because they are shown on-screen being good siblings to YOU, the player.

If anything the fact that there aren't more Fates Royals in the top 10 shows that maybe they lost popularity because of overexposure, or because Fates was a long time ago and it's not relevant anymore.

But Camilla remains the exception.

I get what you are insinuating, but while I disagree entirely I don't want to argue that point, it gets tiring.

Instead I'll pretend to agree 100% with you. It is because of sex appeal, because as we know Camilla is the lewdest, most shameless and THICCest character in all of Fire Emblem, no one else even gets close, it's only her.

Even if we use this reasoning I don't see how it discredits the points I made in my post. She still won because she is a sister and more popular than all the other sibling characters.

She still didn't win the other categories which is a good thing because it means people were voting correctly, following the theme instead of just picking their favorite character (in this case Camilla).

And her victory was still completely in line with the data we have about her popularity in Heroes, therefore being expected to the point it would have been notable if she didn't win.

What are we even arguing? Semantics?