Should I play a new route or DLC?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. New Path or DLC

• Azure Moon
    • Verdant Wind
    • Crimson Flower
    • DLC

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/14/2020 at 12:10 AM

So I actually bought Three Houses when it came out, and was trotting along quite nicely with the Black Eagles. I ended up having to take a very long gap before finishing Silver Snow recently, but I am happy to have finished the game. So I've only done one route so far.

Now, I could do a new route (probably Azure Moon), or I could play the DLC. Which should I do? Also, should I play on normal, classic again (for more flexibility to get used to new characters) or move on to hard? I didn't have any trouble getting through Silver Snow, and since most of the game is the same anyway (and NG+ benefits), I figure it might be better to just go straight to hard. If I do DLC I think I would do normal though since it's a lot different.

The DLC makes more sense one you have played through one of the routes, so I'd personally suggest doing it after one route. Though if you want the Ashen Wolves, you have to complete the DLC, so only do it you want the DLC characters. 

If you found Normal too easy, hard will probably satisfy you. Its higher levels with generally more enemies. 

I'd say do the DLC since you'll have access to the characters if you want them. And you can see their support conversations when you play through the other routes. I've played through Hard and it wasn't that bad. If you found Normal easy and know what you're doing, then Hard is fine. The DLC is harder than the base game, so maybe stick to Normal.

Only play the DLC if you want to use more characters in the main story and plan to use the new classes. The characters and classes are pretty good, especially for the "hybrid" (characters that are decent physically and magically). 

17 hours ago, Pro895 said:

Play Thracia 776.

You're not helping.

Much as I'd like to answer the question, I don't have the DLC, so I'm not sure how much it'll impact the overall story.  My gut says to do another route Just Because.