new fire emblem class ideas

gamefrig

turtle riders

warriors who ride giant turtles, superior water mobility.

equip lances

skills water affitty gives +20 avoid while on water 

this class can move over wateress terrain for 0.5 move 

bass stats 25 hp  5 str 4 magic 3 skill 3 spd 2 luck 6 def 6 res 8 bld 4 charm 6 move 

turtle knights  

turtles riders who have learned to wield axes and bows

equip axes, bows, lances

skills tough shell if the unit ends there turn and did not attack + 10 def until there next turn 

base stats 35hp   11 str 6 magic  7 skill 8 spd 5 luck 16 def 9 res 6 charm  7 move 14 bld 

tree huggers

turtle nights who are total bros.

equip lances, light magic, staves/ life magic 

skills natures friend while on a none man made tile unit regains 30% of their max hit points 

bass stats 30 hp 9 str 10 magic 6 skill 7 spd 10 luck 12 def 14 res 5 charm 9 bld 7 moves

eagle gliders 

grapplers who hand onto giant eagles and dropkick there enemies

equip gauntlets

skill mounted gauntlets this unit can use gauntlets while mounted 

base stats 26hp 10 str 7 magic 12 skill 16 spd 7 def 5 res 7 charm 6 bld  7 move 

elephant destroyers 

brigands who ride elephants as they trample there foes 

equip axes

skill rampage allows unit to pass through 2 enemies units, deals str/2 damage and reduces move by 3 to passed through units 

can still move over mountains but for 1.5 movement 

base stats 40 hp  18 str 4 magic 10 skill 12 spd 10 def 2 res 12 charm 18 bld 6 move

ice mage 

mages who specialize in ice magic

equip ice magic 

skill cold comfort charm % chance to freeze an enemy (frozen status effect: unit cannot move, -6 spd, -20 avoid) 

base stats 16 hp 2 str 6 magic 6 skill 5 spd 8 def 10 res 10 charm 8 bld 5 move 

wolf rider

promoted ice mages who make friends with wolves

equip ice magic, strike 

skill call of the pack basically sumon but with wolves 

base stats 30hp 8 str 10 magic 8 skill 12 spd 12 def 10 res 16 charm 8 bld 7 move

acid mage

mages who use dangerous acid magic, feared by the public

equip acid magic (subcategory of dark magic) 

skill alchemist unit can craft potion which include 1. vulnareys 2. pure water 3. rage tonic increases str by 5 but decreases charm by 5 4. paragon juice 1.5x exp gained, they only craft 3 per chapter and they cant move before doing this on their turn 

bass stats 15 hp 5 str 6 magic  8 skill 4spd 4 def 8 res 2 charm 10 bld 4 move 

vilain

diablicall acid mages who reap in the suffering of others 

equip acid magic, lances

skill satanist when unit is within 3 titles of another unit who takes damage, unit regains hp = to damage dealt to that unit 

base stats 25 hp 10 str 9 magic 14 skill 8 spd 10 def 16 res 4 charm 16 bld 6 move 

conductors

thunder mages who have mastered their art 

equip gauntlets, thunder magic

skill shock when unit takes damage from another unit, other unit take 1/4 of the damage dealt unless from a ranged weapon like a bow (note this does not include javelin etc) 

base stats 30hp 12 str 12 magic 20 skill 14 spd 12 def 8 res 6 charm 6 bld 6 move

fire dancers

fire mages who play with fire like a beautiful but deadly dance 

skill burning passion while using magic + str/2 might and while using weapons + magic/2 might 

base stats 30hp  10 str 16 magic 10 skill 10 spd 10 def 12 res 14 charm 12 bld 6 move 

woodsmen

hunters who commune with the spirits of anima magic and infuse their bows with magic 

equip bows 

skills anima bow unit adds there magic to there attacks and counts as one anima attack in the trinity of magic 1.  fire 2. thunder 3. wind 4. ice 5. water. bow range plus 1 

base stats 25hp 12 str 8 magic 8 skill 12 spd 4 def 14 res 6 charm 7 bld 6 move 

[GEOMANCERS]: magic users that specialize in drawing magic out of the land itself to craft their spells. Can use special terrain-based spells and abilities when standing on or adjacent to forests, mountains, water, lava/fire, or plains. High level geomancers that have madymtetes theix class can use their magic to change the surrounding terrain.

Edited by Shoblongoo

Make a water-focused Fire Emblem a la Wind Waker and bring back the pirate class! But give them the ability to use swords. You can add an artillery class (uses cannons) and a sailor class (uses spears and harpoons). All three can travel on seawater and beaches easily.

Mage Fighter: Literally a combination of Mage and Fighter, promoting from either. They use anima tomes and axes in combat. Their unique still, Energy Change, increases their strength by half their base magic and their magic by half their base strength.

Ruffian: A thief-type unit which wields gauntlets. They are more suited to the dirty urban streets than regular Locktouch types. They have skills like FE4!Steal, Disarm, etc. Underhanded pugilists, really. Perfect for your vaguely Victorian London take on Fire Emblem.

wyvern in my opinion use lances that's how i have always known them as when i used setheth in three houses i always used lances

12 hours ago, PyroPlazma said:

Griffon Riders: Essentially just an in between of Wyvern Riders and Pegasus Riders, wield swords to complete the trinity. 

4 hours ago, gamefrig said:

wyvern in my opinion use lances that's how i have always known them as when i used setheth in three houses i always used lances

Well since FE8 I believe they've more less used or been depicted using axes. Besides the whole point of that was Pegasus=Lance, Wyvern=Axe, Griffon=Sword so weapon triangle is represented in fliers. 

1 hour ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Wouldn't is make sense for the fastest and weakest flying class to use swords, while the most balanced one wields lances?

No, because Shanna would be useless.

New class idea: I'd actually want druids to be related to nature instead of dark magic. Maybe it's because I'm a dnd boi.

Edited by Benice

On 4/7/2020 at 9:04 PM, PyroPlazma said:

Griffon Riders: Essentially just an in between of Wyvern Riders and Pegasus Riders, wield swords to complete the trinity. 

Wasn’t that already in Awakening?

Spider Rider:

Description: Mounted units that ride spiders that were enlarged by wild magic. 

They are a mounted class that can navigate more terrain than normal cavalry (including mountains, cliffs, walls, etc.) at the cost of less speed. 

Commander:

Description: Soldiers that worked their way up the ranks to a position of leadership. While they fight in the thick of the action, they specialize in leading armies to victory.

A lance-wielding promotion of soldier that specializes in rallying units and commanding battalions. 

*Whistle Whistle*

Shamans have used Dark and White magic in the series in the past. I'd like to rectify this inconsistency of the class by making them a promoted class that uses white and dark magic simultaneously.

Kite Ninja! Flying ninjas, what's not to love!?

Bannerman, classes that are dedicated rally bots. We tend to try and make characters that are designated rallybots if we can, might as well make it its own support class like dancer.

Armoured Mages. They're cool. Let me use them. While we're at it, sick of your healers getting one shotted? Introducing Armoured Clerics. Because when your job is to help others, you should really try and protect yourself too.

Now that Three Houses has done the whole giant enemy thing, I'm really hoping elephants make an appearance as enemy only classes. We know they exist and have been used for combat in the Fire Emblem universe.

latest?cb=20170502165447

On 4/9/2020 at 6:38 AM, PyroPlazma said:

Well since FE8 I believe they've more less used or been depicted using axes. Besides the whole point of that was Pegasus=Lance, Wyvern=Axe, Griffon=Sword so weapon triangle is represented in fliers. 

Since FE9, even then only on promotion. Radiant Dawn was the first game to solidly put Wyvrens in the axe category. They couldn't even use axes in Sacred Stones.

Edited by Jotari

2 minutes ago, Jotari said:

*Whistle Whistle*

Now that Three Houses has done the whole giant enemy thing, I'm really hoping elephants make an appearance as enemy only classes. We know they exist and have been used for combat in the Fire Emblem universe.

latest?cb=20170502165447

Since FE9, even then only on promotion. Radiant Dawn was the first game to solidly put Wyvrens in the axe category. They couldn't even use axes in Sacred Stones.

Grammar mistake that was meant to say "Post FE8" 

3 minutes ago, PyroPlazma said:

Grammar mistake that was meant to say "Post FE8" 

Personally I think wyverns should go back to lances. Let the pegasus primarily use swords, which they've always had some association with, and keep Griffons as axes like they had in Awakening (and bring back Kinshi for bows). That not only stays true to how these classes have been depicted in the series past but also makes the most sense stat wise for classes.

I liked FE4 Pegasus Knights. Using swords and lances at base and staves on promotion. That was pretty neat, but that was probably too good to keep. I feels right within FE4 tho because of fliers not benefiting from the Road tiles that appear literally everywhere. I think having Pegasi use only lances at base fits them, imo.

But yeah, Wyverns too should go back to that, and have their axe rank be a reward for getting them to promote. But just don't have them start at E rank.