FE: PoR recruitment

I'm at chapter 13, but Gatrie isn't spawning on the map. Instead, there is a generic Bengion soldier where Gatrie should be. Is there any way I can still get him?

Also, on my previous playthrough, Shinon did not spawn in either (at chapter 18). Would like to recruit him as well, but idk what's preventing these guys from spawning.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

6 minutes ago, Shaggyscooby said:

I'm at chapter 13, but Gatrie isn't spawning on the map. Instead, there is a generic Bengion soldier where Gatrie should be. Is there any way I can still get him?

Also, on my previous playthrough, Shinon did not spawn in either (at chapter 18). Would like to recruit him as well, but idk what's preventing these guys from spawning.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Were they defeated before finishing chapter 7 (when they leave)?

They were not.

Edit: I should've mentioned this in the OP, but I am running the game on Dolphin and recruited Greil right before the battle of Chapter 5 (defend the fort from Dakova). Would this mess up recruiting Gatrie and Shinon later? 

Also, I successfully recruited Zihark, Astrid, and Makarov (Markov? the sword cavalier with pink hair, Marcia's brother). 

Edited by Shaggyscooby
Potentially useful info left out.

Apparently a couple of other people have had this problem.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/920189-fire-emblem-path-of-radiance/70871405

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/920189-fire-emblem-path-of-radiance/78445383

Are you using any sort of cheat codes?  If so, you may just have to start the game over again without using any.

It is also possible that you have a bad .iso, but unfortunately I think referring people to ROM sites is against the rules here.

EDIT: ...Yeah, recruiting Greil probably messed something up.

Edited by Von Ithipathachai

2 minutes ago, Rajam said:

wow this is super old... iirc the problem was recruiting Naesala and Nealuchi. The rest of the codes/actions didn't cause me issues

What the heck

You haven't posted since 2017.  Did you actually get notified that I posted a link to your thread?  Weird...

Edited by Von Ithipathachai

2 hours ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

What the heck

You haven't posted since 2017.  Did you actually get notified that I posted a link to your thread?  Weird...

I had the site open, was watching the FE6 tier list thread, and saw the bell with notifications