April Legendary Hero Speculation: NOW Will we get the Flying Healer Legendary?

daisy jane

We've established that Gravity+ is fine for current healers so just give Legendary Seliph that. 😛

But in all seriousness, the greater probability of him being a non-sword compared to Sigurd is why I'd lean Seliph in a straight shootout between the two.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Humanoid said:

We've established that Gravity+ is fine for current healers so just give Legendary Seliph that. 😛

But in all seriousness, the greater probability of him being a non-sword compared to Sigurd is why I'd lean Seliph in a straight shootout between the two.

Who not both?

Yep, the next new legendary is looking even more likely to be colorless now. Green only has one other open spot now, and while blue still has two, the last legendary was blue. Colorless has two open spaces. Plz be flying healer Elincia!

updated the front. 

19 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yep, the next new legendary is looking even more likely to be colorless now. Green only has one other open spot now, and while blue still has two, the last legendary was blue. Colorless has two open spaces. Plz be flying healer Elincia!

it could be colourless, but i don't think it looks more likely to be colourless - for the record. 

1 minute ago, daisy jane said:

it could be colourless, but i don't think it looks more likely to be colourless - for the record. 

Okay.

Oh yeah, a thought occurred to me. If the legendary is colorless, there's still someone it could be other than Lincy or Micaiah. CLAUDE. I'd be psyched if he was our first TH legendary! He's my favorite lord there. And he could definitely be a colorless bow using Failnaught and his timeskip look in the Barbarossa class.

I'm still betting on blue, to not color share with Brammimond last month or the likely Hel next month. 

We've gotten two blue duo legendaries, but both ranged, not melee. Maybe Master Lance Seliph? They could justify it by calling him an FE4/5 shared character like Leif.

Edited by Othin

17 minutes ago, Othin said:

I'm still betting on blue, to not color share with Brammimond last month or the likely Hel next month. 

We've gotten two blue duo legendaries, but both ranged, not melee. Maybe Master Lance Seliph? They could justify it by calling him an FE4/5 shared character like Leif.

Why should Bramimond last month mean no colourless unit this month? You do realize Hrid got in a month after Eirika? Both of them sword cavs. 

10 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Why should Bramimond last month mean no colourless unit this month? You do realize Hrid got in a month after Eirika? Both of them sword cavs. 

Two consecutive elemental heroes have shared color once, out of the 31 elemental heroes we've gotten. That's 30 chances for a match. If it happened 1/4 of the time, we'd have 7.5 color matches by now. It's clear that they have a preference against doing it. They made an exception once, so it's not an ironclad rule, but it's still a tendency. 

Green is looking nice with L!Celica and Nagi both confirmed. If the last green is Osian or the Legendary with good skills for inheritance it would be very tempting to pull just for that since every other color is looking like duds for me. Blue, green and colorless still look like they all have equal chances to have the new legendary.

So who are our likely candidates for Legendary Heroes again? Is it Sigurd, Seliph, Micaiah, Corrin, Xander, Byleth, Edelgard, Dimitri, Claude and even Itsuki are options too right? And I guess if we really want to stretch it then maybe Caeda and Lilina are options too if they want another MotE or Binding Blade legendary.

Don't know anything about Jugdral's or Tellius' characters so I don't know if Sigurd/Seliph can be anything other than red but I have heard people say Micaiah could be a colorless staff or tome. Corrin can technically be any color as a dragon or tome user and even be a staff user and I still like the idea of Nohrian King Xander wielding Bolverk. Byleth and Itsuki are unlikely here since I can't see their legendary form wielding anything other than swords but Dimitri, Edelgard and Claude are likely since Dimitri would be a lance unit, Edelgard as an axe unit and Claude as a bow unit of any color.

So I guess the Legendary could likely be Micaiah (Colorless but could still be blue or green), Corrin (Blue, Green or Colorless), Xander (Green), Dimitri (Blue), Edelgard (Green), or Claude (Blue, Green or Colorless).

Really only interested in seeing Legendary F!Corrin being something other than another dragon unit and Legendary Xander but it is probably not Corrin since the Legendary this time should be Fire or Wind element I think. Would like the trailer to come tonight but it's probably not coming until tomorrow night.

Edited by NSSKG151

17 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

Green is looking nice with L!Celica and Nagi both confirmed. If the last green is Osian or the Legendary with good skills for inheritance it would be very tempting to pull just for that since every other color is looking like duds for me. Blue, green and colorless still look like they all have equal chances to have the new legendary.

So who are our likely candidates for Legendary Heroes again? Is it Sigurd, Seliph, Micaiah, Corrin, Xander, Byleth, Edelgard, Dimitri, Claude and even Itsuki are options too right? And I guess if we really want to stretch it then maybe Caeda and Lilina are options too if they want another MotE or Binding Blade legendary.

Don't know anything about Jugdral's or Tellius' characters so I don't know if Sigurd/Seliph can be anything other than red but I have heard people say Micaiah could be a colorless staff or tome. Corrin can technically be any color as a dragon or tome user and even be a staff user and I still like the idea of Nohrian King Xander wielding Bolverk. Byleth and Itsuki are unlikely here since I can't see their legendary form wielding anything other than swords but Dimitri, Edelgard and Claude are likely since Dimitri would be a lance unit, Edelgard as an axe unit and Claude as a bow unit of any color.

So I guess the Legendary could likely be Micaiah (Colorless but could still be blue or green), Corrin (Blue, Green or Colorless), Xander (Green), Dimitri (Blue), Edelgard (Green), or Claude (Blue, Green or Colorless).

Really only interested in seeing Legendary F!Corrin being something other than another dragon unit and Legendary Xander but it is probably not Corrin since the Legendary this time should be Fire or Wind element I think. Would like the trailer to come tonight but it's probably not coming until tomorrow night.

You're forgetting Elincia as a candidate. She is one and she's been brought up in this thread multiple times too.

I wish people wouldn't forget her so much... Makes me sad that they do.

36 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

Sigurd and Seliph both can use lances as a secondary weapon. In addition, Seliph inherited Heim blood from his mother, which would increase his effectiveness with light magic if he was in a class with it. 

Yeah, green makes or breaks the banner for me. If it's a desirable new legendary, then it'll be a serious rival to any potential Hero Fest. If it's Osian, ehhh, not so much. Nothing against him personally but I don't feel I'd use yet another difficult-to-merge DC infantry axe, and he'd likely just join Dorcas and Rinkah on the bench. If I wanted such a unit it'd be more expedient to pull for DC instead and give it to a mergeable unit, or at least Brave Ike. Regardless of the identity of the hero I hope it's not an infantry green mage though.

Grey would need to be something completely out of the hat to appeal, i.e. skip both Silque and Larum as an absolute minimum. Probably Eleanora too. Red and Blue are write-offs (yes, I know we only have 1/3 revealed, but Duo Ephraim is the only Blue I'd be interested in, and Naga is an absolute no).

If we have to get a Corrin as a legendary hero, I'd honestly prefer m!Corrin over female Corrin. The Corrins are the only pair that are currently unbalanced in number of alts. And unless my math is off, there's a longer gap between fallen Corrin to now (where male Corrin doesn't have a fourth alt) than summer Robin to winter Robin. The Grimas were only a month or two after one another, I believe. Giving f!Corrin the legendary alt and m!Corrin nothing gives her two more alts over him, which is stupidly unfair even if she is more popular than he is.

Besides, considering that summer Corrin was the first flying blue tome user while New Years Corrin was just a free infantry archer, and that fallen Corrin is one of the most annoying units to fight because of her weapon and skill effects, I think it's fair to make a potentially powerful legendary Corrin a male one.

Speaking of which, I suppose a colorless staff male Corrin could also be a potential legendary hero. Although I'd still prefer to see Sigurd or Seliph before him.

7 hours ago, Othin said:

Sigurd and Seliph both can use lances as a secondary weapon. In addition, Seliph inherited Heim blood from his mother, which would increase his effectiveness with light magic if he was in a class with it. 

So basically they can also be blue. Interesting. Is there any legendary lance or tome they could possibly use or would they just make up something like Meister Lance and give them some prf skill like Leif got.

7 hours ago, Anacybele said:

You're forgetting Elincia as a candidate. She is one and she's been brought up in this thread multiple times too.

I wish people wouldn't forget her so much... Makes me sad that they do.

Is she important? I wouldn't know since most of the time when I hear people talk about Tellius in general it's usually about Ike, Micaiah or the Black Knight.

6 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

Is she important? I wouldn't know since most of the time when I hear people talk about Tellius in general it's usually about Ike, Micaiah or the Black Knight.

She's very important. She's the female lead of PoR and is the main character of part 2 in RD. She also plays a fairly notable role in parts 3 and 4. Also, IS themselves consider her a lead since she was in that leads banner. And Ryoma and Tiki were not. So if they can be legendaries, Elincia most certainly should be one too.

I can't explain why people don't talk about Elincia when they talk about Tellius. It baffles me. She's a great character, very well written. She goes from a weak princess who's very unsure of herself to someone who stands up to Ashnard to a tough and strong war queen. She brought a golden age to Crimea as its queen. And as a bonus, she's gorgeous.

Edited by Anacybele

I personally do not consider Elincia a contender for legendary hero. At least, not before Micaiah, Seliph, and Sigurd get a legendary alt. And even Corrin. Maybe once they're out of the way. I already think that Ryoma and Tiki, and on some days Azura, were mistakes and shouldn't have been put in yet. Ryoma really had no business being a red sword legendary when he's not a lord, not that important, and we have so many characters competing for red who are more important than he is.

Making Elincia a legendary hero would be akin to saying that Caeda, Lilina, and Sothe are all legendary hero material too. Which I do not agree with. Again, the Nifl siblings, Ryoma, and Tiki took up five spots that could've gone to Seliph and/or Sigurd, Corrin, or Micaiah. All of whom should've been in sooner because they are actual lords of their games. Even if Fjorm is not up for contention, that's still four spots with Gunnthra and Hrid just taking up space. Plus, with 3H being a thing, we're going to be seeing at least three legendaries from that game, four if Byleth gets one too. Or five if a certain someone counts as legendary.

You're perfectly within your rights to consider Elincia a possible legendary hero, but there are just as many people with just as good reasons to not consider her one. Which is why they're not talking about her.

Edited by Sunwoo

20 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I personally do not consider Elincia a contender for legendary hero. At least, not before Micaiah, Seliph, and Sigurd get a legendary alt. And even Corrin. Maybe once they're out of the way. I already think that Ryoma and Tiki, and on some days Azura, were mistakes and shouldn't have been put in yet. Ryoma really had no business being a red sword legendary when he's not a lord, not that important, and we have so many characters competing for red who are more important than he is.

Making Elincia a legendary hero would be akin to saying that Caeda, Lilina, and Sothe are all legendary hero material too. Which I do not agree with. Again, the Nifl siblings, Ryoma, and Tiki took up five spots that could've gone to Seliph and/or Sigurd, Corrin, or Micaiah. All of whom should've been in sooner because they are actual lords of their games. Even if Fjorm is not up for contention, that's still four spots with Gunnthra and Hrid just taking up space. Plus, with 3H being a thing, we're going to be seeing at least three legendaries from that game, four if Byleth gets one too. Or five if a certain someone counts as legendary.

You're perfectly within your rights to consider Elincia a possible legendary hero, but there are just as many people with just as good reasons to not consider her one. Which is why they're not talking about her.

Tiki i can sorta see...(but this is where i bet they were wishing they saved Grima/Tiki for Mythics - not like it was a thing before). 
but the Nifls and Ryoma totally take a spot where they really truly shouldn't and i agree with you. i think those 4 wasted slots that could have gone to others.

and as someone who loves Elincia, I wouldn't really slot her into Legendary until really later on. for the same reasons you did. She's a Lord(lady) in her own right - as shown in the Lord Banner we had and I haven't played RD so i can't (and not) speak for her there.  I know she can be, I just don't know if she will be (or should be - before Micaiah who is an actual Lead/lord(lady) in her game) or Seliph etc. 

I keep saying it tongue in cheek, but man whoever the first 3H Lord is to become Legendary is going to cause so much contention - so you kinda wonder if they're just gonna dump all 3 on a banner and go "here ya go." lol

I mean, I have less issue with Tiki than Ryoma. I can sort of see why Tiki is there, and my feelings about her being a legendary are about the same as how I feel about Azura -- I can understand why, but I still wish they hadn't put them in (yet). Ryoma doesn't have an excuse, and also makes Xander eligible because of "duality".

Also, thanks for reminding me about Grima because I totally forgot she was a thing. Even now I don't agree with Grima being a legendary, I feel like they should've put female Grima somewhere else or even on a Mythic banner. It's really wonky how she's the only straight-up villainous legendary. Not to mention that it puts Robin in a weird spot. I don't know if Robin should be/should've been a legendary, but with Grima existing it either takes up a space Robin could've had, or means we'll eventually get two legendary "Robins".

First 3H legendary seems like it would be Edelgard. Or maybe even Byleth, but assuming that they don't qualify it feels like the developers favor Black Eagles over the other houses so I'd expect Edelgard first. But I do think all three of them will be in at some point.

EDIT: I do want to note that I actually do like Elincia myself, but I still don't think she should be a legendary anytime soon.

Edited by Sunwoo

51 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

So basically they can also be blue. Interesting. Is there any legendary lance or tome they could possibly use or would they just make up something like Meister Lance and give them some prf skill like Leif got.

It wouldn't make much sense for them to get a non-Tyrfing legendary weapon, since those require specific major bloodlines and the Tyrfing one is the one they have.

I think Meisterlanzen would be the best option. Bear in mind that while the German names for them are new, Master Sword/Lance/Axe/Bow are all weapons that exist in FE5, as variants on Brave weapons. (In FE5, Brave weapons are unique, while Master weapons are not.) Seliph can't actually use a Meisterlanzen at any point because he's only playable in FE4, but by the same token, Leif can't actually use a Meisterbogen at any point because he's sword-locked in FE5 and only gets his Master Knight class in FE4. So I think Seliph getting Meisterlanzen would make as much sense as what Leif got. Sigurd would feel like more of a stretch since he doesn't even get an NPC appearance in FE5, but they could do it if they really wanted to.

40 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

The weapons Sword Reinhardt and Legend Leif use exist in FE5. There’s also a lance counterpart; even though Sigurd doesn’t appear and Seliph isn’t playable, it’s their most reasonable non-red weapon that isn’t made up.

40 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

She’s arguably the third most important character in the saga (comparable to Nyna/Guinevere) but Tellius already has two Mythics, and a fair percentage of the remaining reasonable candidates, that IMO adding all the Legendary candidates on top of that is excessive.

5 minutes ago, Othin said:

It wouldn't make much sense for them to get a non-Tyrfing legendary weapon, since those require specific major bloodlines and the Tyrfing one is the one they have.

I think Meisterlanzen would be the best option. Bear in mind that while the German names for them are new, Master Sword/Lance/Axe/Bow are all weapons that exist in FE5, as variants on Brave weapons. (In FE5, Brave weapons are unique, while Master weapons are not.) Seliph can't actually use a Meisterlanzen at any point because he's only playable in FE4, but by the same token, Leif can't actually use a Meisterbogen at any point because he's sword-locked in FE5 and only gets his Master Knight class in FE4. So I think Seliph getting Meisterlanzen would make as much sense as what Leif got. Sigurd would feel like more of a stretch since he doesn't even get an NPC appearance in FE5, but they could do it if they really wanted to.

This just makes me wish that Finn got Meisterlanzen when he was introduced as a TT reward unit. I guess it's possible he will receive a refine (several years from now) and get Finn's Lance with a brave effect or something, but still.

Sigurd should probably get Tyrfing. Yeah, it makes him yet another red sword cavalier, but it is the most fitting choice for him. The only sword lords who didn't get their signature blade as a legendary hero were the non-Marth Falchion users (I can even see why, since it'd keep Marth unique as the only Falchion user) and Lyn (Sol Katti isn't a legendary weapon anyway, and I guess they wanted her to be equal to Hector and Eliwood, getting one of the 8 Heroes' weapons). If neither Sigurd nor Seliph get Tyrfing, that means that it will not get represented in the legendary pool at all, so I can see one of them getting it.

14 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I mean, I have less issue with Tiki than Ryoma. I can sort of see why Tiki is there, and my feelings about her being a legendary are about the same as how I feel about Azura -- I can understand why, but I still wish they hadn't put them in (yet). Ryoma doesn't have an excuse, and also makes Xander eligible because of "duality".

Also, thanks for reminding me about Grima because I totally forgot she was a thing. Even now I don't agree with Grima being a legendary, I feel like they should've put female Grima somewhere else or even on a Mythic banner. It's really wonky how she's the only straight-up villainous legendary. Not to mention that it puts Robin in a weird spot. I don't know if Robin should be/should've been a legendary, but with Grima existing it either takes up a space Robin could've had, or means we'll eventually get two legendary "Robins".

First 3H legendary seems like it would be Edelgard. Or maybe even Byleth, but assuming that they don't qualify it feels like the developers favor Black Eagles over the other houses so I'd expect Edelgard first. But I do think all three of them will be in at some point.

EDIT: I do want to note that I actually do like Elincia myself, but I still don't think she should be a legendary anytime soon.

if Mythics weren't a thing- I could see how Grima is a thing - but they shouldn't have called her Robin. they shoulda said Grima. this way you could have the evil-ish villians who are WELL known as legendary because they are legendary. just not "Taddaaa! we saved the day!" but "Yeah, we're known for the chaos and ruin." because to be honest with you I kinda expect there to be a Grandmaster Legendary Robin (and really surprised that we don't even have that yet). 

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if it was Edelgard - and it wouldn't even bother me.Truthfully, Three Houses is Edelgard's story.  the game is unique in that you can be part of the other stories as well and I say this as someone who out of the 3 Lords, Edelgard is at the bottom for me personally - It wouldn't surprise me in the Least if Edelgard was first. then Byleth (who... could be mythic arguably), and then not see Dimitri and Claude for a very hot minute - simply because Edelgard drives Three Houses in every route. with out her...well. we all know (who played the game). 

17 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I think any character IS has designated as a "lead" is fair game for a Legendary, and the characters IS has their eyes on for it. Caeda, Nanna, Lilina, Ninian, Elincia...all fair game, I think.

oh agreed. i think the argument is - who should be "first" 

though i really don't have a vested interest. I mean i was shocked as spit that Julia got a legendary before Seliph because I thought Seliph was hero. Kinda cool that Julia is. and it does mean we can see Caeda, Elincia, Ninian etc - i just feel that the actual MAIN lord argument is valid and i can see why people are waiting for them.