April Legendary Hero Speculation: NOW Will we get the Flying Healer Legendary?

daisy jane

Funny thing about the Master weapons:

Meisterschwert is a standard dual-phase brave. Which was exciting at the time it was introduced, but the standard has moved past that by now. Meisterbogen is a dual-phase brave plus a player-only Impact effect. If we ever get a Meisterlanzen and/or Meisteraxt, they'll presumably want some added effect on top of the dual-phase brave as well. Which could be anything, but FE5 presents one option: the original Meisterlanzen and Meisteraxt were 1-2 range brave weapons. (The other two kept their regular ranges, and ironically in FE5, a Meisterbogen was a strictly worse Brave Bow.) Heroes has plenty of precedent for ignoring ranged effects of certain weapons rather than giving them all Distant Counter, but we did just get Altina, who has a dual-phase Brave with DC. So a legendary Seliph (or Sigurd) with Meisterlanzen as a dual-phase brave lance with DC would feel like a perfectly reasonable extension of that.

The problem is that if they add the other three Master weapons, it'll really feel like they should add the fourth. Which they could just toss onto a regular unit - like Galzus, since he's one of the most popular remaining FE5 characters and actually joins with a Meisteraxt in FE5. (Also a Meisterschwert, because he can.) But if the Heroes Meisterlanzen is a dual-phase DC brave, it'll also feel like the Heroes Meisteraxt should be as well, and that seems like it could be hard to justify on anyone short of a legendary/mythic. There wouldn't really be a good candidate for that, but they could use it as an excuse for Master Knight Lachesis, I guess? Which is silly but a lot of people do want Master Knight Lachesis. (Or they could give it a different effect, but that would be so weird.)

Edited by Othin

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@daisy jane HAHAHAHA

Man, we were totally right to guess Edelgard would totally be the first. It's a no-brainer, really, considering the Black Eagles bias in Heroes and Edelgard being female.

Edited by Sunwoo

Huh. Thought it'd still be too soon for a 3H legendary.

This is especially silly because a month and a half ago they were blocking out the Flame Emperor's VA and gender and now, well, this.

I think she needs Galeforce. Her first Galeforce from Raging Storm allows her to "double" to kill something, and fully charge her second Galeforce from Special. And armors can finally have some sort of decent movement now.

Or she can just run Slaying Axe-Bold Fighter for Galeforce, although there is a chance that she one shots something and cannot activate Galeforce to retreat, so I guess her default kit ensures that she will always activate Galeforce in some manner.

Updated schedule for the months affected by the new banner:

• July:
    • Ike, Roy, Altina
    • Fjorm, Tiki
    • Thrasir, Edelgard
    • Eir
  • August:
    • Eirika, Hrid
    • Naga
    • Gunnthra
    • Brammimond
  • September:
    • Celica
  • October:
    • Ryoma, Hrid

5 hours ago, Othin said:

Updated schedule for the months affected by the new banner:

• July:
    • Ike, Roy, Altina
    • Fjorm, Tiki
    • Thrasir, Edelgard
    • Eir
  • August:
    • Eirika, Hrid
    • Naga
    • Gunnthra
    • Brammimond
  • September:
    • Celica
  • October:
    • Ryoma, Hrid

RD Ike only getting one rerun in the next six months is so lame. Ugh... I need five more of him to make him +10... And his only rerun being in the middle of summer is worst because of what the summer banners could have and all. -_-

Hrid getting two more appearances is nice for me though, I still need four more of him for that +10.

Ephraim is not coming back at all though? That's really disappointing. I was thinking of working on him once RD Ike and Hrid were done.

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

RD Ike only getting one rerun in the next six months is so lame. Ugh... I need five more of him to make him +10... And his only rerun being in the middle of summer is worst because of what the summer banners could have and all. -_-

Hrid getting two more appearances is nice for me though, I still need four more of him for that +10.

Ephraim is not coming back at all though? That's really disappointing. I was thinking of working on him once RD Ike and Hrid were done.

Wait, I messed up on Hrid. Each character appears once on the schedule, his second appearance should be Marth.

• July:
    • Ike, Roy, Altina
    • Fjorm, Tiki
    • Thrasir, Edelgard
    • Eir
  • August:
    • Eirika, Hrid
    • Naga
    • Gunnthra
    • Brammimond
  • September:
    • Celica
  • October:
    • Ryoma, Marth

Ephraim is still scheduled for May according to the first post in this thread. I didn't repost the May/June calendars since they're unchanged.

Edited by Othin

1 minute ago, Othin said:

Wait, I messed up on Hrid. Each character appears once on the schedule, his second appearance should be Marth.

• July:
    • Ike, Roy, Altina
    • Fjorm, Tiki
    • Thrasir, Edelgard
    • Eir
  • August:
    • Eirika, Hrid
    • Naga
    • Gunnthra
    • Brammimond
  • September:
    • Celica
  • October:
    • Ryoma, Marth

Ephraim is still scheduled for May according to the first post in this thread. I didn't repost the May/June calendars since they're unchanged.

Oh okay, I see now. Thanks for letting me know.

Looking at this schedule the really good/necessary stuff is May, Alm/Leif and Lif/Eliwood. June has Sothis, Azura and Chrom then July Red and Green and afterwards August etc. is as boring as it goes. I really must be disciplined in thought and action as Altina would say for Brave Edelgard to get to +10.