Should L!Micaiah wield a staff or a tome?

Icelerate

What should L!Micaiah wield?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. What should her weapon be?

I personally want her to wield a colourless tome due to how exclusive colourless tomes are. Colourless units make good vantage sweepers and tanks due to not being harmed by WTD. and the fact that colourless is the only colour she doesn't have.  

Between a colourless tome and staff, I prefer tome because tome units can be built in far more versatile ways unlike staff units who get pigeon holed into razzle dazzle due to skill inheritance restrictions. Also, they are far more unique due to only having one colourless tome unit as opposed to dozens of healers. 

I hope she gets an updated version of sacrifice because that skill needs to be able to counter negative status effects like harsh command+, not just debuffs like harsh command. 

i have mixed opinions about this

i like Micaiah a lot, and she should definitely get a Legendary alt, but at the same time, Brave Micaiah is what i expected Legendary Micaiah would've been (Light Priestess outfit and Green Tome)

due to this, they kinda ruined my expectations for a hypothetical Legendary Micaiah

what would she be? Light Sage? that would be a downgrade for me

a completely new design? that wouldn't feel right nor would it make sense, Legendary Heroes are basically post-class change lords, very few Legendary Heroes have original outfits (Azura) or are not class-changed lords (Female Robin)

so, as much as it pains me to say it, i don't want to see Legendary Micaiah

11 minutes ago, Yexin said:

i have mixed opinions about this

i like Micaiah a lot, and she should definitely get a Legendary alt, but at the same time, Brave Micaiah is what i expected Legendary Micaiah would've been (Light Priestess outfit and Green Tome)

due to this, they kinda ruined my expectations for a hypothetical Legendary Micaiah

what would she be? Light Sage? that would be a downgrade for me

a completely new design? that wouldn't feel right nor would it make sense, Legendary Heroes are basically post-class change lords, very few Legendary Heroes have original outfits (Azura) or are not class-changed lords (Female Robin)

so, as much as it pains me to say it, i don't want to see Legendary Micaiah

Micaiah has new art as queen of Daein in cipher. That’s most likely her upcoming Legendary outfit.

I would go for C tome, but Staff with effective is also amazing.

I don't want them to double up on infantry grey tomes, so it depends on her move type. If it's anything but infantry, go for it, otherwise I'd prefer healer since we don't have one of those for any move type.

I do not particularly care what she uses as long as she is useful.

If they want to set her apart as a Counter-Vantage unit, she should be an infantry unit, have a Meister Weapon with Special Spiral, have an exclusive Close Counter skill that comes with unconditional Vantage, and has Null C-Disrupt on her B.

Staff first. That's a thing she can do in her game. Matrona is also a legendary weapon that would suit. 

If not going staff, then make her another red tome and give her Micaiah's Pyre from Awakening, because that's a damn fine name for a weapon.

I kind of want her to have a colorless tome and to be able to have a full color team of armor and cav destroying Micaiahs but that is just me.  I would also be fine if they made her a staff unit since she is one of the few units who make sense as one.

We don't know that this month's legendary is Micaiah. You ought to clarify that you're not assuming she is.

Anyway, since I believe Elincia should be a legendary flying healer, I voted to give Micaiah a colorless tome. That way they're both different and would have their own uses instead of both being healers, or even worse, both be flying healers.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

We don't know that this month's legendary is Micaiah. You ought to clarify that you're not assuming she is.

Anyway, since I believe Elincia should be a legendary flying healer, I voted to give Micaiah a colorless tome. That way they're both different and would have their own uses instead of both being healers, or even worse, both be flying healers.

What's wrong with having two legendary staff users?

7 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

What's wrong with having two legendary staff users?

Nothing if they're from totally different games with different movement types and niches/uses. But in this case, they'd be from the same game and if they're both flying, also have the same movement type. That's silly. I'd rather Elincia and Micaiah be more different than that.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Nothing if they're from totally different games with different movement types and niches/uses. But in this case, they'd be from the same game and if they're both flying, also have the same movement type. That's silly. I'd rather Elincia and Micaiah be more different than that.

Have Micaiah be Infantry then

4 hours ago, XRay said:

I do not particularly care what she uses as long as she is useful.

If they want to set her apart as a Counter-Vantage unit, she should be an infantry unit, have a Meister Weapon with Special Spiral, have an exclusive Close Counter skill that comes with unconditional Vantage, and has Null C-Disrupt on her B.

Might as well add a one charge special that multiplies attack by 100 while you're at it.

13 minutes ago, Etheus said:

Very much anti-staff.

Micaiah's main selling point is her healing touch. Staff use just detracts from that.

Yet she can be an effective staff bot in Radiant Dawn (though that might be more down to being a forced deploy ineffective combat unit).

Edited by Jotari

11 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Might as well add a one charge special that multiplies attack by 100 while you're at it.

What I have proposed would be just barely power creep Kronya. Kronya's issue is that she cannot operate independently of a team. My proposal would have Kronya's bulk and coverage, but without the need for a dedicated team to support it.

11 minutes ago, XRay said:

What I have proposed would be just barely power creep Kronya. Kronya's issue is that she cannot operate independently of a team. My proposal would have Kronya's bulk and coverage, but without the need for a dedicated team to support it.

I don't think having an even better Kronya is the solution for dealing with Kronya. That just demands a better character to replace that character. Coutners are what are needed to keep characters in line. For example, giving Naga a refine that grants her a map wide heal like what she does in the final battle of Awakening, or making the Heron's bond a C skill on some units. Just making Kronya outclassed by introducing a character that's just plain better is kicking powercreep into overdrive. The fact that Kronya needs a team to support her is a good thing. It encourages creative build. I'm like pairing her with Kempf as if there's an enemy that can kill her on the counter attack, he can suicide himself and knock out most counter attack potential while still dealing some guaranteed damage. I've also went back to using Jaffar with Windsweep on his refine meaning he can launch an attack that heavily damages most units in the game without ever receiving a counter attack. Making a character dependent on team support is good for encouraging creative design. Just making an OP unit that can kill everything by itself just makes that a mandatory unit.

Edited by Jotari

Yeah, Miccy pretty much needs the Colorless Tome with Armor/Cavalry effectiveness to complete Team Micaiah.

Funny that what started as a general Lord thing in most games in the series with the Rapier sword essentially became Micaiah's trademark in FEH.

10 hours ago, Jave said:

Yeah, Miccy pretty much needs the Colorless Tome with Armor/Cavalry effectiveness to complete Team Micaiah.

Funny that what started as a general Lord thing in most games in the series with the Rapier sword essentially became Micaiah's trademark in FEH.

That's because, unlike almost every other lord in the series, she doesn't have her own legendary weapon to trademark. I'm glad the rapier still managed to get in the game with the beautifully convenient and odd Feena loophole.

Edited by Jotari

Staff, we have enough offensive legendary for a while.

It would be cool to get a legendary staff as long as isn't as OP as another supportive legendary hero that we all hate to face but like to have.