Post some of your embarrassing posts from when you first joined SF

Here are some of mine from when I joined on the Spring of 2016.

I used to post/steal a lot of Fates memes when I first joined. Perhaps too many, here's is basically a preview on how I was back then.

I was a Setsuna fanboy back then. I used to make a lot of "falling into traps" references on almost every post that I sounded like a broken record. Luckily, I don't go repeating some of my favorite FE3H character quotes in every posts I make anymore. Let us away with more cringe.

Something that I noticed on my older posts are the various ambiguous comparisons for FE characters. I still do that sometimes today but not as often as back then. Some comparisons included comparing Soleil to WWE wrestler Roman Reigns as well as these ones: 

I had a chance to post anything and I posted a video of some YouTube prankster everyone forgot about crying. But who knew that apology videos would still be relevant (as in relevant for cringe) as recent as last year.

The mere fact that I was a Leafy fan back then is embarrassing. Also, someone that everyone forgot about.

But my most embarrassing post from when I joined, perhaps my most embarrassing post ever is this one. Back then I haven't discovered Public Freakout videos where often times fast food workers get insulted and disrespected for their mistakes. It was until a year later (2017) when I realized that I should never get mad about a small mistake that a fast food worker made. Looking back at this post I can't believe I said I was going to call a fast food worker "daft" for misspelling my name. Though I never did it after that post or never done it, it was still wrong even if it was a joke. Turns out I was the daft one back then.

Overall, even at 18 years of age (going to my 19th b-day) I was pretty immature when I first joined this site. I still like to joke around today but I have toned down for the pasts 4 years.

Anyways, for this topic post some of your embarrassing or nonsensical from when you first joined SF. Or just any post that makes you say, "I cannot believe I posted that back then". Anything that makes you cringe looking back today. I still have some recent embarrassing post but it is much more better to look at something older. So go to the last page(s) of your activity and see what interesting things you find.

Also, make sure to beware of traps around here.

Edited by Cron

Pretty much anything I posted in the Fire Emblem Fates section from around the time that game released counts. I can't find it anymore, though, and to be honest, I don't want to even look at some of the stuff I wrote, because what I remember is plenty to make me want to go back in time and slap myself.
I also posted a topic where I ranted about Pokémon a bunch, which wasn't my proudest moment, either.

I remember making a topic about ''Why Gorgons don't get any love from Custom Animators'' or something. There's probably way more than that, but I seriously don't want to look back at that..

Gods, I'm really sorry for what the moderators had to go through..

12 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

On one hand, I was a brat about critique, on the other hand, the spriters back then were egotistical jerks...

yeeeaaaah the spriting community for a good chunk of time in history was pretty frustrating... I had always tried my best at the time to be as constructive as I could about works to try to add some balance to the "this sprite sucks and you should feel bad about it" without any actually helpful advice 😛

.... and now that I'm reflecting on how long it's been since I sprited I just got reminded that I need to finish up a sprite for tears of serenia oops

On 4/9/2020 at 2:19 PM, Cron said:

Back then I haven't discovered Public Freakout videos where often times fast food workers get insulted and disrespected for their mistakes. It was until a year later (2017) when I realized that I should never get mad about a small mistake that a fast food worker made. Looking back at this post I can't believe I said I was going to call a fast food worker "daft" for misspelling my name. Though I never did it after that post or never done it, it was still wrong even if it was a joke. Turns out I was the daft one back then.

I pay for the food.

The employee is paid to give me the food.

Yet when they give me the completely wrong thing, I'm somehow the stupid one for wanting what I ordered?

I still wouldn't be rude, 'cause that'd be rude, but it's not an offensive joke in any capacity.

I used to blindly agree with Shadow Mir about Genealogy and Thracia despite not having played either game at the time. I also used to have an arbitrary disdain of Roy, which is weird because I now favor Binding Blade so heavily. The nature of my opinions has almost made a complete 180 in less than seven years.

I posted some generally terrible, hyper-active, juvenile cringe in the Last to Post Wins thread and a now defunct roleplaying thread.

On 7/27/2013 at 12:32 AM, AnonymousSpeed said:

In FE8 I really liked sages, and Lute with Excaliber was a killer in the link arena if you were willing to grind body rings, or you could use Moulder for cheaper but less speed/magic in the end.

If you're grinding for statboosters anyway, what's the point? The +2 magic +0 speed difference in stat caps?

Lastly, I have never been able to forget this:

On 3/6/2014 at 11:29 PM, AnonymousSpeed said:

By all real scientific accounts, half dragon babies...are very plausible.

Now, I learned something from these experiences. It wasn't to have a filter to stop me from saying stupid stuff. It was to be smarter in the first place.

3 minutes ago, Gods said:

Serenes Forest Visual Novel: Will It Work?

I posted it out of pure curiosity, but I immediately regretted posting it. It sounded weird and kinda creepy. Not my intention, but it happened that way.

That was like a month ago, it doesn't count.

1 minute ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

That was like a month ago, it doesn't count.

I only posted that a month after I joined I think. It was around the time I joined.

Honestly though, I kinda want to forget about that topic, so I kinda don't want to check. You are probably right.

3 minutes ago, Gods said:

Honestly though, I kinda want to forget about that topic, so I kinda don't want to check. You are probably right.

I did check. I am right.

I feel like it hasn't been long enough since then, though. You know? It's too recent to reflect on in the requested manner.

Well, I still sometimes think about this post:

I mean, it's not the most terrible, but I think I was vague to the point where one might mistake my comment as referring to the Moniker's humor instead of the humor of the hack.  And I regret the idea that someone might think that because the Moniker's LPs were one of the things that drew me in to this site and its community.

Not really a fan of how I described Oboro's face here:

I dunno, it feels more like a creepy obsession over this character when I talk about a smile that is "uncannily perfect" and "bedroom eyes".  And "pretentious analysis" indeed, just like how lampshading the pretentious nature of the analysis only makes it more pretentious and obnoxious.

I have a few issues with this post:

I don't really like Niles anymore, Odin was only really great in Awakening, I don't like Takumi just because of the memes, and Xander is not even close to my favorite character in Fates.  The only accurate bits were Oboro, Mozu, and Forrest being among my favorite characters in Fates, and I guess Takumi simply being among them is accurate even if the reasoning isn't.

Namely, I just take issue with listing Niles, Odin, and Xander as favorites.

There is also a FTFY (Fixed That For You) post I made that I won't link that was tremendously stupid.  I was stuck in my old ways from when I used to interact with GameFAQs a lot - they didn't moderate spam at all so you could get away with quoting someone and slightly editing the quote with that abbreviation to tell them that you think what they posted was wrong/stupid/not memey enough (it was the last thing).  It was extremely obnoxious, and I'm glad it's not something that's tolerated here.

My early posts were mostly about Fates because I joined right around when the hype train for Fates was really building up.  Anyone else remember that time?  I remember that it felt like nobody except @Thane hated the game.  I think even vets who hated Awakening were optimistic/hopeful because they thought it would be as dark as the Jugdral games and that it'd also legitimately be the most morally grey FE game we've ever experienced.  Ah, to be so blissfully ignorant...

Have I posted anything intelligent since I joined the forums? (No.)

The highlight muight be this one, though.

Because I somehow didn't notice the pinned thread at the top of the heroes subforum. AND I DID THIS KIND OF THING THREE FLIPPING TIMES!! (Make a banner and paralogue ideas.)

I also nearly posted the pun thread under serious discussion by accident.

9 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

I remember that it felt like nobody except @Thane hated the game.

I think a lot of people didn't like it, but I remember being one of the loudest critics of the writing of that game. While I was far too prissy and aggressive with my posts, I stick by my critique of Fates' writing, that's for sure. It really is amazing how it fails on every level.

But I remember how fun it was on Serenes Forest around that time, yeah. Constant discussions and debates and memes. Must've sucked for the mods though.

One of the first topics I made was asking which game in the series handled permadeath the best, in which I complained about how badly the series implemented it. Without having ever done an ironman run of any of the games before. While several of my objective issues still stand, I find in practice Fire Emblem actually handles it surprisingly well, to the point that I prefer ironmaning over resetting for some of the games.

I also lost track of the story in @Saint Rubenio's let's play of Tear Ring Saga. Granted, the plot was hardly simplistic and the first part of the year was one of the busiest of my life, but still. It was embarrassing that I outright forgot certain characters who appeared earlier or entire plot points that I had commented on earlier.

There were are a number of things I've posted in forum games that in hindsight I question why I said that, but I don't feel like pointing out specific examples.

4 hours ago, Koops said:

What if I'm a new user.

Then you can post stuff that you'll find embarrassing two or three years from now.
Or two weeks, depending on your mindset.

On 4/12/2020 at 10:40 AM, Thane said:

But I remember how fun it was on Serenes Forest around that time, yeah. Constant discussions and debates and memes. Must've sucked for the mods though.

Don't remind me.
I wasn't the most... pleasant individual then. I could still punch myself for some of the crap I spouted.

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Don't remind me.
I wasn't the most... pleasant individual then. I could still punch myself for some of the crap I spouted.

I mean I'm always right but I didn't have to be such a jerk about it.

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I didn't get that impression from you at all, though.

Thanks man! Though I was a bit too quick to berate people and I got worked up too easily, but I'm glad I wasn't a total pain in the neck.

I guess when the inevitable resurgence of "Fates' plot wasn't actually that bad" posts hit, I'll get back into my old posting habits.

Just now, Thane said:

I guess when the inevitable resurgence of "Fates' plot wasn't actually that bad" posts hit, I'll get back into my old posting habits.

I wonder if that would ever happen. Unless we get something worse, of course.

On 4/14/2020 at 5:52 AM, Thane said:

I mean it’s not but I’ll leave it at that for now. Don’t wanna derail the thread or anything. I mean it’s not like I wrote a 27 page essay on the topic or anything but Y’know.

Edited by Ottservia