What staff and skills should Legendary Elincia have?

Anacybele

Which staff should legendary Elincia get?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Make your pick!

• Matrona
    • Ashera Staff
    • A New Staff
    • Other

I figured since a thread on legendary Micaiah speculation exists now, why not one for our favorite Crimean queen too? She deserves to be a legendary just as much, after all.

We all agree that legendary Elincia should be a flying healer, I believe. It's a pretty rare unit type and we don't need yet another sword legendary, that's for sure. Elincia doesn't have a staff that's really associated with her, so the question of which one she'd have is a valid one. Make your pick in the poll! 🙂

There's a whole range of skills she could have, so there's no poll for that. Just throw out ideas on that one!

I came up with a whole set and stat line a while back, took me a little time to find the post. lol

Spoiler

Elincia: Golden Queen (to reference that she brought a golden age to Crimea)

Weapon: Matrona - Mt 14. Rng 2. Grants Def+5. After combat, if unit attacked, inflicts status on target and foes within 2 spaces of target preventing counterattacks through their next actions. Calculates damage from staff like other weapons.
Assist: Physic+
Special: Heavenly Blessing - Cooldown 4. When healing an ally with a staff, fully restores the HP and grants Atk/Spd+3 to all allies. This skill can only be equipped by its original unit. (Heavenly Light is the prerequisite.)

A: C Duel Flying 3 (like R Duel Flying and B Duel Flying except for colorless)
B: Dazzling Staff 3
C - Crimea's Might: At start of turn, grants Def/Res+6 to adjacent cavalry and infantry allies. This skill can only be equipped by its original unit.

HP: 38
Atk: 32
Spd: 38
Def: 22
Res: 34

Hope that isn't too busted or too underwhelming. 😛 Matrona is an SS rank staff from RD, so it works here. I went as close to its effects as I could (and yes I also made it a powercrept Candlelight lol). It's a more powerful version of Physic. Heavenly Blessing also references Elincia having the heaven affinity in the Tellius games. Crimea's Might references that Crimea's best soldiers are cavalry and infantry (they do have some armors too, but I recall a lot of them being on Ludveck's side lol).

I went with Matrona because I feel like the Ashera Staff should stick with Sephiran and I dunno what I'd call a brand new staff. It was mentioned in the April legendary speculation thread that Lincy could have a staff with a brave effect too, and I definitely wouldn't be opposed to that! That'd be my alternate choice here, a new staff for her that functions like a brave weapon. Also, Lincy got Dazzling here because there's not as much fodder for that as there is for Wrathful Staff.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets see. I think this is a good one

Spoiler

Support Skills Rng. SP
Assist.png HealRestores 5 HP.
Learns by default at 1 ★

1 50
Assist.png MendRestores 10 HP.
Learns by default at 3 ★

1 100
Assist.png PhysicRestores 8 HP. Rng 2.
Learns by default at 4 ★

2 200
Assist.png Physic+Restores HP = 50% of Atk. (Minimum of 8 HP.) Rng. = 2
Learns by default at 5 ★

2 300

Special Skills

Special Skills SP Turns
Special.png ImbueWhen healing an ally with a staff, restores an additional 10 HP to target ally.
Learns by default at 4 ★
Unlocks at 2 ★
Restricted to units that use a Staff.
50 1
Special.png Heavenly LightWhen healing an ally with a staff, all other allies recover 10 HP.
Learns by default at 5 ★
Unlocks at 3 ★
150 2

Passive Skills

Passive Skills SP Slot
8.png?itok=q_ADiLGu Fortress Res 1Grants Res+3. Inflicts Atk-3.
Inheritable by all units.
Unlocks at 1 ★
A
9.png?itok=jZfViwYg Fortress Res 2Grants Res+4. Inflicts Atk-3.
Unlocks at 2 ★
A
10.png?itok=sDm0xbe7 Fortress Res 3Grants Res+5. Inflicts Atk-3.
Unlocks at 4 ★
A
Res_Ploy_1.png?itok=Njin8Jwj Res Ploy 1At start of turn, all foes in cardinal directions with Res 1 or more lower than unit suffer Res-3 until the end of foe's next action.
Unlocks at 3 ★
C
Res_Ploy_2.png?itok=MmB9yu45 Res Ploy 2At start of turn, all foes in cardinal directions with Res 1 or more lower than unit suffer Res-4 until the end of foe's next action.
Unlocks at 4 ★
C
Res_Ploy_3.png?itok=rJyPGKOl Res Ploy 3At start of turn, all foes in cardinal directions with Res 1 or more lower than unit suffer Res-5 until the end of foe's next action.
Unlocks at 5 ★

Spoiler

But seriously I'd go for a post Radiant Dawn design with the Ashera staff. She indeed doesn't have a staff that can really said to be hers so they might as well give her the best one. Since her Radiant Dawn design is already in the game it would be a downgrade to show Elincia as her POR self while being a legendary is supposed to be an upgrade. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

Hmm there's no option to vote for not wanting legendary Elincia. In the Micaiah thread, there was that option. I dunno; I always found her annoying and even though she was plot-centric in FE9, she was mostly a figurehead who took credit for the GMs' hard work (not that they were complaining since most of them believed in the cause and the others just wanted to get paid) and only way late into the game actually started doing anything herself. I won't do more than shrug if she makes it in, and good for all of you who like her. But still, as for my subjective opinion, respectfully, I don't want her.

Probably Ashera Staff

33 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Reveal hidden contents

Support Skills Rng. SP
Learns by default at 1 ★

1 50
Learns by default at 3 ★

1 100
Learns by default at 4 ★

2 200
Learns by default at 5 ★

2 300

Special Skills

Special Skills SP Turns
Special.png ImbueWhen healing an ally with a staff, restores an additional 10 HP to target ally.
Learns by default at 4 ★
Unlocks at 2 ★
50 1
Special.png Heavenly LightWhen healing an ally with a staff, all other allies recover 10 HP.
Learns by default at 5 ★
Unlocks at 3 ★
150 2

Passive Skills

Passive Skills SP Slot
Unlocks at 1 ★
A
Unlocks at 2 ★
A
Unlocks at 4 ★
A
Res_Ploy_1.png?itok=Njin8Jwj Res Ploy 1At start of turn, all foes in cardinal directions with Res 1 or more lower than unit suffer Res-3 until the end of foe's next action.
Unlocks at 3 ★
C
Res_Ploy_2.png?itok=MmB9yu45 Res Ploy 2At start of turn, all foes in cardinal directions with Res 1 or more lower than unit suffer Res-4 until the end of foe's next action.
Unlocks at 4 ★
C
Res_Ploy_3.png?itok=rJyPGKOl Res Ploy 3At start of turn, all foes in cardinal directions with Res 1 or more lower than unit suffer Res-5 until the end of foe's next action.
Unlocks at 5 ★

Hide contents

But seriously I'd go for a post Radiant Dawn design with the Ashera staff. She indeed doesn't have a staff that can really said to be hers so they might as well give her the best one. Since her Radiant Dawn design is already in the game it would be a downgrade to show Elincia as her POR self while being a legendary is supposed to be an upgrade. 

Elincia has her PoR design though, not her RD design. Unless you mean her Seasonal of course

48 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Reveal hidden contents

Support Skills Rng. SP
Learns by default at 1 ★

1 50
Learns by default at 3 ★

1 100
Learns by default at 4 ★

2 200
Learns by default at 5 ★

2 300

Special Skills

Special Skills SP Turns
Learns by default at 4 ★
Unlocks at 2 ★
50 1
Learns by default at 5 ★
Unlocks at 3 ★
150 2

Passive Skills

Passive Skills SP Slot
Unlocks at 1 ★
A
Unlocks at 2 ★
A
Unlocks at 4 ★
A
Unlocks at 3 ★
C
Unlocks at 4 ★
C
Unlocks at 5 ★

Reveal hidden contents

That looks like a generic healer setup. A legendary unit always gets a good prf weapon and a unique skill.

@Mercakete This thread isn't for you then. It's about what legendary Elincia should have, not whether you want her to exist.

Edited by Anacybele

19 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

This thread isn't for you then. It's about what legendary Elincia should have, not whether you want her to exist.

Never said she shouldn't exist, for one. For two, I just said that there wasn't an option in the poll to say "I don't want her as a legendary" but that option does exist in the other thread. You were the one saying "I may as well make this since there's one for the other hero" thus drawing a comparison. Except then the opening post was very much your opinion without taking other opinions into account/remaining neutral. Again, I want to emphasize that I am merely making an observation and noting my perspective on the side, all with respect. Do with it what you will, whether it be using it to think about maybe including other points of view (i.e., a simple "or are you hoping for a different hero/think that Elincia should remain as she is instead of legendary/should maybe appear with another weapon, etc."), considering it and dismissing it, or ignoring it altogether. Again I emphasize that I am not upset or anything. I'm just pointing out something I noticed.

34 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Never said she shouldn't exist, for one. For two, I just said that there wasn't an option in the poll to say "I don't want her as a legendary" but that option does exist in the other thread. You were the one saying "I may as well make this since there's one for the other hero" thus drawing a comparison. Except then the opening post was very much your opinion without taking other opinions into account/remaining neutral. Again, I want to emphasize that I am merely making an observation and noting my perspective on the side, all with respect. Do with it what you will, whether it be using it to think about maybe including other points of view (i.e., a simple "or are you hoping for a different hero/think that Elincia should remain as she is instead of legendary/should maybe appear with another weapon, etc."), considering it and dismissing it, or ignoring it altogether. Again I emphasize that I am not upset or anything. I'm just pointing out something I noticed.

I meant that both threads were about a Tellius main female. Not that they had the exact same kind of topics and poll options. You took what I said too literally.

Elincia should definitely get a Heroes original staff. That way IS doesn't have to look at the main games when making up effects for it and she can get something broken like Hlioskjalf or Sangrior.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

That looks like a generic healer setup. A legendary unit always gets a good prf weapon and a unique skill.

I'm pretty sure that was a joke on how bad/generic Forrest kit is as a 'New-Gen Unit'

Aaand, just to say something more close to the topic..: I hope she gets something less basic for stats. All Staff Fliers have a pretty similar stat-line (Good ATK/SPD *as long as staff users go*, something bad-decent and 2 others that are bad), so I wouldn't mind if she has at least something minor as 'Good RES'. 

I meant that both threads were about a Tellius main female. Not that they had the exact same kind of topics and poll options. You took what I said too literally.

I didn't take what you said literally. I said that you drew the comparison. If you draw attention to it, of course people are going to look more closely at the two and start making comparisons for themselves. But as I said, do what you will. I'm just pointing out insights I have that you may not have thought of. Think of me as another unbiased information-gathering sense, such as vision or hearing. My only goal is to deliver you materials with which to make a more-informed decision.

6 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

I didn't take what you said literally. I said that you drew the comparison. If you draw attention to it, of course people are going to look more closely at the two and start making comparisons for themselves. But as I said, do what you will. I'm just pointing out insights I have that you may not have thought of. Think of me as another unbiased information-gathering sense, such as vision or hearing. My only goal is to deliver you materials with which to make a more-informed decision.

And once again, I don't have to do the exact same things that thread did. As of now, I won't be continuing this, I do not want the thread to be derailed.

14 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And once again, I don't have to do the exact same things that thread did. As of now, I won't be continuing this, I do not want the thread to be derailed.

As I said, that's fine. I'm not telling you to. Just observing and relaying. I'm also happy to end the conversation; I never meant for it to drag on like this. Apologies for being unable to communicate my intent clearly the first time.

9 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

I think she shouldn't use Corona or Ashera staff because those require you to have SS rank in staves, which Elincia can't reach. Also canonically, Micaiah and Sephiran have dibs on those two staffs. 

1. And the herons canonically being unable to fight at all didn't stop IS from making them able to do combat in Heroes. Ike also canonically never could use Ragnell while in his Ranger class and he does this in Heroes too. As well as Smash. Limitations present in the original games have been ignored before.

2. Who says Micaiah "has dibs" on Matrona or the Ashera Staff?

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

1. And the herons canonically being unable to fight at all didn't stop IS from making them able to do combat in Heroes. Ike also canonically never could use Ragnell while in his Ranger class and he does this in Heroes too. As well as Smash. Limitations present in the original games have been ignored before.

2. Who says Micaiah "has dibs" on Matrona or the Ashera Staff?

1. All units can fight in Heroes. How would any unit be able to get exp if they can't fight except healers? Furthermore, herons can fight in RD using magic cards. Also, Reyson did hurt Oliver in PoR with a punch. Ragnell is a prf for Ike, not tied to his class so I don't see why he can't use it if you hack the game to make it available for him to use. 

Every single legendary hero so far has used a weapon that they can potentially use if it was possible to put in their inventory but in Elincia's case even when she has it in her inventory she still can't use it. 

2. The final cutscene has Micaiah wielding the matrona staff which implies Micaiah was using it during the tower. Sephiran gets Ashera Staff because he comes with it. 

2 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Every single legendary hero so far has used a weapon that they can potentially use if it was possible to put in their inventory but in Elincia's case even when she has it in her inventory she still can't use it. 

Lyn never canonically obtained or used Mulagir. That weapon was only in FE6 from what I've heard.

Also, a better example of a limitation being ignored in Heroes then: Faye. She canonically can never use bows in Echoes and yet both her versions in Heroes use a bow.

2 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

2. The final cutscene has Micaiah wielding the matrona staff which implies Micaiah was using it during the tower. Sephiran gets Ashera Staff because he comes with it. 

I don't recall Micaiah holding any staff in the final cutscene.

I do agree that Sephiran should get the Ashera Staff. I was asking if you said Micaiah had some connection to it.

Edited by Anacybele

9 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Lyn never canonically obtained or used Mulagir. That weapon was only in FE6 from what I've heard.

Also, a better example of a limitation being ignored in Heroes then: Faye. She canonically can never use bows in Echoes and yet both her versions in Heroes use a bow.

Her not obtaining it doesn't mean she can't use it if she had it in her inventory much like how Deirdre can potentially use it.

Can't she be reclassed into a bow user?

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I don't recall Micaiah holding any staff in the final cutscene.

Watch this cutscene. 

1 hour ago, Icelerate said:

No, archer is a male only class in that game.

1 hour ago, Icelerate said:

Watch this cutscene. 

There is a staff in her hand there, you're right. I never noticed. But it's hard to tell if that's Matrona. Whatever the case, I still think legendary Micaiah should be a tome wielder so she's not similar to legendary Elincia who would most certainly be a healer.

Edited by Anacybele

2 hours ago, Icelerate said:

Not reclassed, promoted. She becomes a Bow Lord, which is basically what her Legendary was based around. If Muligar was in FE7, she could potentially use it.

No, archer is a male only class in that game.

There is a staff in her hand there, you're right. I never noticed. But it's hard to tell if that's Matrona. Whatever the case, I still think legendary Micaiah should be a tome wielder so she's not similar to legendary Elincia who would most certainly be a healer.

I don't really care about if Micaiah gets Matrona or not in an alt, but just wanted to show a comparison of the in game model. It's Matrona she's wielding in the cutscene.

latest?cb=20121209144200

On topic:

Regarding Elincia; I Don't think Elincia should be up for contention for a Legendary Alt. The entire game of PoR she pretty much gets dragged along and does rather little. In RD she's able to quell an uprising though she was a pawn in Ludveck's game and in Bastian's game as well. Ludveck judged poorly as to what she would choose, but Bastian had the plan figured out and he was the one with all the contingency plans. During part 3 she has her moment, and part 4 she hobbles along again. She does have the line at the epilogue, which is relevant, but then should the following characters also get legendary alts:

Micaiah: Queen and new age of prosperity. ( I think she should get a legendary alt, but not because of this, mostly because she is an actual main character)

Sothe: Becomes Queen's consort, since he rules with Micaiah he most likely contributes to the age of peace and prosperity. (Does this qualify him for an Legendary alt? Seems rather flimsy)

Skrimir: Becomes king after the battle at Sienne, and gains the hearts of all gallians. 

Caineghis: And entire nation sings songs of his valor after he abdicates the throne to skrimir.

Sanaki: Stays apostle, changes the entire religious structure of a nation, and creates a united continent.

Tibarn: Unifies three seperate nations into one and become the first King. 

Imho, if Elincia qualifies based on her epilogue sentence, all the above should also qualify. And that just seems a bit excessive. So based on that, I personally wouldn't want to see a legendary Elincia alt. 

But, the topic is about what Elincia would be as a Legendary unit. Based upon how I experienced her during both games, the thing that would stand out most is how I felt that I had to drag her along everywhere, so based on that I'd feel like Armour Staff would suit her better, since I'd rather see the flying staff user as Micaiah. 

Maybe a staff that gives an AOE heal on a certain turn? That would work. Would be great vs Bolt towers on AR on defense maps. I think I'd really like that, it keeps Armour Boots active more easily as well, and having wrazzle dazzle is also great on AR since it could mean  you would be able to hit and run. 

Or maybe a DUO Elincia with Geoffrey? Would be cool, but I'd rather first see a Lucia + Geoffrey duo. Or would Lucia + Bastian be better.... Hmmmm, choices!

I'd definitely go Matrona. Ashera staff is better left to a unit that has some kind of connection to Ashera like Micaiah or Lehran, or even Ashera herself.

What would the Matrona do? Well in game it shifts allies to their best biorhythm, so giving her a unique assist skill that charges allies Special when you heal them would be really nice. It also noteably has 100% critical rate, but staffs can only be used defensively in Radiant Dawn, so perhaps some kind of weird enemy phase staff unit by giving her close counter and quick riposte.

Probably they'd just give her an original staff though. Because they sure do like making original weapons instead of using the ones the games already have.

10 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

But, the topic is about what Elincia would be as a Legendary unit. Based upon how I experienced her during both games, the thing that would stand out most is how I felt that I had to drag her along everywhere, so based on that I'd feel like Armour Staff would suit her better, since I'd rather see the flying staff user as Micaiah. 

I don't really see why they both couldn't be flying healers. Flying staff units are something that are very rare to draw canonical inspiration from in the series. Elincia is one of like, less than a dozen, who can actually do that in her own game so she'd make much more sense even if there is some kind of quota on it.

Edited by Jotari

16 minutes ago, Jotari said:

I'd definitely go Matrona. Ashera staff is better left to a unit that has some kind of connection to Ashera like Micaiah or Lehran, or even Ashera herself.

What would the Matrona do? Well in game it shifts allies to their best biorhythm, so giving her a unique assist skill that charges allies Special when you heal them would be really nice. It also noteably has 100% critical rate, but staffs can only be used defensively in Radiant Dawn, so perhaps some kind of weird enemy phase staff unit by giving her close counter and quick riposte.

Probably they'd just give her an original staff though. Because they sure do like making original weapons instead of using the ones the games already have.

I don't really see why they both couldn't be flying healers. Flying staff units are something that are very rare to draw canonical inspiration from in the series. Elincia is one of like, less than a dozen, who can actually do that in her own game so she'd make much more sense even if there is some kind of quota on it.

I never stated they couldn't both be Staff Fliers, I just stated my personal preferences based upon how the unit felt to me gameplay and story wise.