New event calendar (April-May 2020)

DarkAlf

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, SSbardock84 said:

Anyone know what "Double Special Heroes Summoning Event" is?

It's a banner where eight seasonal units (two of each color) are all put on a banner with I believe a 6% summon rate for five stars. We had them before in December and February. They usually do this when they don't plan on having seasonal units on Legendary banners.

Just now, NSSKG151 said:

It's a banner where eight seasonal units (two of each color) are all put on a banner with I believe a 6% summon rate for five stars. We had them before in December and February. They usually do this when they don't plan on having seasonal units on Legendary banners.

Oh okay, thanks.

2 minutes ago, SSbardock84 said:

Anyone know what "Double Special Heroes Summoning Event" is?

These show up bimonthly -- they feature 8 Special Heroes (seasonals) as the Focus units, 2 for each color. It has a 6% 5* Focus rate and a 0% off-focus 5* rate. They've been doing these since last December since there are so many units exclusive to monthly banners now, especially for the red color.

Onto my thing.

Free summons/units:
4/12: Iago GHB
4/14: Double Special Heroes
4/16: Odd Wave skills
4/18: TT banner
4/20: Special Heroes (30th franchise anniversary; Marth, Caeda)
4/21: TT event
4/22: Ryoma+Sakura BHB banner
4/24: Solo skills 
4/25: Three Heroes quests
4/30: Legendary banner
5/1: Picnic rerun
5/2: Glimmer banner
5/7: Three Heroes quests
5/8: New Heroes

Most excited to see who's going to be featured on the 30th anniversary banner as well as who's the unit going to be given away as the TT reward. Caeda (and to a lesser extent, Summer Lyn) is probably the biggest reason that I'm hesitant about spending any more orbs for Spring Fir, especially since I did drop some to +10 OG Lyn a few days ago.

Double heroes, yay! I am guessing we will see Dancing Ishtar and Winter Zephiel; Halloween L’arachel and Winter Sothis; Dancing Berkut and Halloween Ilyana; and, finally, Halloween Dozla and an old colorless unit. It could be anyone! Maybe a summer unit? Takumi or Linde? Not sure if there’s been a pattern going or not.

I am excited for green if this lineup holds, less so for Sothis, moreso for my first L’arachel who I couldn’t get the first time around.

I can’t spend too much, though. We will know the special heroes probably in a week exactly, and I already know I want Marth badly! I just hope temptation isn’t too high.

If Kiria is on a solo banner, I might try for her as well. Excited for the next HOF, too!

Anyways, there's so many interesting banners coming up that I might be interested in though many of them might also end up being skips for me. Double Special Heroes might have H!L'Arachel on it and Solo Skills banner might have Sirius on it but there's a chance I might not like whoever the other green unit on Double Special Heroes and Percival might tag along with Sirius on the Solo Skills banner. I'm also kind of hoping the New Heroes banner on 5/8 is Awakening but it might end up going to Tellius or even be something like Fallen Heroes. Mostly curious what ends up being on the 5/8 banner but it's going to be a long month wait for that.

Well, I guess it's official: don't expect to see special heroes on legendary banners anymore.

I actually really hate this. Maybe if we got more events that gave orbs or something I'd be fine with it, but now it's a case of "do I want to save for special heroes I may have missed or got shitty copies of, or do I want this month's legendary hero or other legendary heroes I've missed that I want". But as of now it feels like it's forcing you to pick.

The Ike and Mist revival banner is this Sunday too, so that's also another free summon, even if it isn't noted on the calendar.

I hope that May 8th banner is Tellius. It'd also be cool for me if the legendary is someone I want, because that banner will run through my birthday.

Looks about as expected.

Skill banners candidates:

• Odd Wave banner:
    • Atk: Ishtar, Lewyn, Loki, Duo Ephraim (!)
    • Spd: Byleth M, Yarne, Laevatein
    • Def: (no applicable units)
    • Res: Fallen Berkut, Mercedes
  • Solo banner:
    • Atk/Spd: Hilda, Fallen Corrin, Larcei, Mareeta, Sirius, Yarne
    • Atk/Def: Perceval, Edelgard
    • Atk/Res: Kiria, Flora
    • Spd/Def: Lethe
    • Spd/Res: Ced
    • Def/Res: (no applicable units)
  • Glimmer banner:
    • 5* Current: Claude, Lewyn, Ylgr
    • 5* Old: Jaffar
    • 3-4*: Beruka, Legault, Lon'qu, Peri, Rath, Sothe

Glimmer banner will hopefully be Claude/Lewyn/Ylgr, which takes off Lewyn from the Odd Wave banner.

The Odd Wave banner gets kind of forced into having Berkut if it wants to run all three available waves without having Mercedes, but Berkut would color share with Ephraim, who seems like the likely highlight. I'm guessing that just go for the color share and round it out with Byleth or Yarne, but if they do something weird, avoiding the color share is probably why. Byleth has had a skill banner appearance while Yarne hasn't, so Yarne seems more likely here to me.

Solo... who knows. There's a lot of options here. They could balance colors while also balancing out the stats as well as they can and sticking to exciting units who haven't yet had a 3-character rerun with Mareeta/Perceval/Ced, but that might be a bit much all in one banner. Would be cool if it happens, though.

Edited by Othin

I'm kinda relieved that there's no more Lyn revivals (that we know of) until the bride/groom banners start coming back in May. It gives me some time to replenish my orbs, summon for the next batch, hopefully get more Lyn merges for her various versions for those revivals.

I'm curious about who the characters on the Special Heroes banner are gonna be. We know Marth and Caeda will be there, but who else? Was it ever clarified about whether or not it's just characters from Marth's games?

The New Heroes banner is gonna be either Awakening or Tellius. If memory serves, those are the two that have gone the longest without a banner, right? I'd love more Blazing Blade (still really wanting Lyn's Legion + Isadora), but I think it's probably time for Awakening/Tellius to shine in that May banner. If it's Awakening, I hope Gregor is one it. If it's Tellius, give me Brom, dang it!

2 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Was it ever clarified about whether or not it's just characters from Marth's games?

It was stated that they'd all be from those games, yeah. I'd like to see Abel, Palla, and/or Linde, though I'm expecting Merric and Elice since they have close connections to Marth. I doubt I'll have much interest in the banner, so I'm not really concerned about it.

Edited by Anacybele

Solo banner is really tempting. So many amazing units like Hilda, Lethe and Mareeta could be in.

As for odd Wave banner I thought there was one already, but maybe I'm wrong. Ishtar and Lewyn together would be really cool, but I think Yarne would get higher priority in green for being more recent.

Glimmer banner can't offer all that much tbh.

The seasonal banners will be an easy skip, since I only want to focus on new Heroes banners because of the free focus 5* after 40 orbs. I don't know if seasonals have this too, but even if so, I don't want to get alts anymore.

For next new Heroes banners I would suspect Tellius, to be more precise FE10 Dawn Brigade since this game is overdue.

The Dawn Brigade are kind of due, I admit. But so are the rest of the Greil Mercs and the Crimean knights if you ask me. I really want the remaining Greil Mercs myself as well as Kieran and Marcia.

I always found the ''template'' (is that how it is called?) of the Calendar a little confusing for my small brain, but I think there's a New Heroes Banner at 5/8, right?

If so, I really hope it's someone I like because it's right after my birthday! Yaaaay!!

(What about a new Seliph or someone from Tellius?) 

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

It was stated that they'd all be from those games, yeah. I'd like to see Abel, Palla, and/or Linde, though I'm expecting Merric and Elice since they have close connections to Marth. I doubt I'll have much interest in the banner, so I'm not really concerned about it.

Ah, I see. Well, I hope they pick some good characters, then! Marth and Caeda are obvious, but after that, I'd kinda expect someone like Minerva, Linde, or Merric. Palla and Abel would be cool, but I'm not sure they'd give us another Whitewing alt right after Spring Est, and I'm unsure if Abel is popular enough for them, unfortunately.

If this officially marks the end of being able to get seasonal units at anything above a 6* rate, I'll be very sad. My chief weapon is ruthless efficiency, after all, so past all the Legendary banners, Hero Fests, and newly enhanced New Heroes banners I'd struggle to justify any real number of orbs on the same old 3/3% banners that have existed since launch.

As for banner speculation, I'd rather have a regular Palla alt (along the lines of neo-Catria) instead of Young Palla if I'm being honest. I already feel Spring Palla was played up a bit too much and a young version would probably look along similar cutesified lines and wacky funtime Palla isn't who I identify with. That said, in the unlikely event she heads up the OP Duo unit, I reserve the right to withdraw this statement. 😛 Otherwise, what we've seen so far indicates a fairly easy skip.

ouch, the next new heroes banner is on may

well, i guess i'll go back to sleep and wake up when it starts

Edited by Yexin

I wonder what these Three Heroes quests will be. (Edit: I mean which units)

Spoiler

Double Special Heroes is certainly going to have some of hallow'een units. Odd Wave Skills has a ton of options: Ishtar, Lewyn, Loki and EhpraLyon (This bastard might show up) for Atk, Byleth, Yarne and Laevatein for Spd and Berkut for Res. The TT+ banner is likely to have one of Marth/Caeda and whoever else shows up, no point in guessing. The special heroes banner.... it could have anyone because it's not just Archanea. The Solo Skills banner has Hilda, Anancorrin, Larcei, Mareeta, Sirius, Yarne for Atk/Spd Solo, Perceval and Edelgard for Atk/Def Solo, Kiria and Flora for Atk/Res Solo, Lethe for Spd/Def Solo and Ced for Spd/Res Solo and wow there's a ton of these units.. As for the legend, I could see Tellius. Finally, the Glimmer banner has a high chance of Claude, Lewyn and Ylgr, with the risk of Jaffar.

Edit: The BHB banner. It's Takumi, Honoka or Kinoka. I expect it to be Kinoka to troll everyone because she'd share a colour but if they don't it's Hinoka.

Edited by Dayni

3 hours ago, Dayni said:

I wonder what these Three Heroes quests will be.

Hide contents

Double Special Heroes is certainly going to have some of hallow'een units. Odd Wave Skills has a ton of options: Ishtar, Lewyn, Loki and EhpraLyon (This bastard might show up) for Atk, Byleth, Yarne and Laevatein for Spd and Berkut for Res. The TT+ banner is likely to have one of Marth/Caeda and whoever else shows up, no point in guessing. The special heroes banner.... it could have anyone because it's not just Archanea. The Solo Skills banner has Hilda, Anancorrin, Larcei, Mareeta, Sirius, Yarne for Atk/Spd Solo, Perceval and Edelgard for Atk/Def Solo, Kiria and Flora for Atk/Res Solo, Lethe for Spd/Def Solo and Ced for Spd/Res Solo and wow there's a ton of these units.. As for the legend, I could see Tellius. Finally, the Glimmer banner has a high chance of Claude, Lewyn and Ylgr, with the risk of Jaffar.

I'm wondering if it has to do with Three Houses, maybe cause they sound the same haha.

A possible banner with Laevatein on it may hurt my "saving orbs" mode.

Also... Ryoma & Sakura BHB... What a banner. The 3rd Hero will probably be better than the two main heroes.

I didn't expect the Double Seasonal Banner to be this soon.

Two sets of "Three Heroes" quests is kinda cool. Its been a while since we get these quests, and now we are getting two in a row.

1 hour ago, Dylan Corona said:

I'm wondering if it has to do with Three Houses, maybe cause they sound the same haha.

I meant more in the sense of which heroes.

Which won't be Three Houses because I think the only ones who aren't 5* exclusive are Ferdinand, Kronya and DK.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

I meant more in the sense of which heroes.

Which won't be Three Houses because I think the only ones who aren't 5* exclusive are Ferdinand, Kronya and DK.

Don't forget Mercedes. But yeah, Mercedes and Ferdinand as the only proper demotes isn't enough for three.