Is there a song you really identify with or fits you as a person really well?

Anacybele

Some of us have thought about songs that fit certain situations or fictional characters and stuff like that. I have before too. But what about songs that fit YOU?

For me, it's this pretty damn nice number.

I'd actually heard it multiple times in the past, but I guess I didn't pay as much attention to it back then, and forgot it existed until I saw it performed on TV not long ago. But yeah, this song is like 100% me. I'm amazed at how accurate it is for me, to be honest! I'm a loner who isn't interested in friends or romance, and though I'm happy and cool with all that, sometimes I do wish for company or "someone out there will find me."

Edited by Anacybele

I've made it no secret as to my love of vocaloid on here and this song is the primary reason why. I've made reference to this song in like every fic I write and that's simply because it's a song I resonate with very strongly.

If you turn on the subtitles and pay any attention to the lyrics, it's a very sad song about  anxiety, depression, and suicidal thoughts(that's the implication of last line of the song anyway) that unfortunately hits way too close too home for me. I won't go into details but every line of this song just hits me in a way that I can't quite describe. It's just a very relatable song to me and many others especially the repetition of the phrase "one more time" because it's just phrase I hear myself say a lot in similar contexts. Rolling Girl is just a song I strongly resonate with on a very personal level.

Edited by Ottservia

Interesting topic! And thank you for sharing something a bit personal. I find that a bit hard to do, especially on the internet. Which might be why this song speaks to me.

I don't listen to my heart enough. Which might be why I don't speak up sometimes when I want too. 

(I also just really like this song)

Nice topic! For me, it would be Somebody to Love by Queen. The desire to love and be loved is such a simple but fundamental desire inherent to human nature. If all I ever had in this life was someone that I loved dearly who loved me the same way, I would have lived a fulfilled life.

Being a type one diabetic is really hard for me at times especially when I have to explain to new people that type one is not caused by sugar and it isn't my fault I am diabetic and I didn't do anything and just have the bad luck of my immune system attacking and killing my Beta cells and making it so I have to take insulin to stay alive.   This song is saying how I feel about my diabetes, and yes on my bad days when nothing works out right with my meds it does feel like death is in love with me.  I have had more then once where my diabetes has almost killed me when I did everything possible to keep myself healthy.

16 hours ago, Ashe02 said:

Interesting topic! And thank you for sharing something a bit personal. I find that a bit hard to do, especially on the internet. Which might be why this song speaks to me.

I don't listen to my heart enough. Which might be why I don't speak up sometimes when I want too. 

(I also just really like this song)

Holy crap, I love this song too and I first found it on an Ike x Elincia video.

20 hours ago, EricaofRenais said:

Being a type one diabetic is really hard for me at times especially when I have to explain to new people that type one is not caused by sugar and it isn't my fault I am diabetic and I didn't do anything and just have the bad luck of my immune system attacking and killing my Beta cells and making it so I have to take insulin to stay alive.   This song is saying how I feel about my diabetes, and yes on my bad days when nothing works out right with my meds it does feel like death is in love with me.  I have had more then once where my diabetes has almost killed me when I did everything possible to keep myself healthy.

That sucks to hear, EricaofRenais. I remember seeing you mention that you're a type 1 diabetic before. You'll be glad to know though, that there may at a point be a cure for you so you don't have to rely on insulin! I'm taking a Life Science course for my college degree and the book I'm using has a chapter on genomics. I think your type of diabetes is the one it mentions, with a gene defect. A science process called CRISPR was developed a few years ago and it allows for literal gene alteration and moving genes around in living things and stuff. For example, repairing a defective gene by inserting a healthy one. When this is all perfected for people, it could cure so many genetic and neurological disorders, and "juvenile diabetes" which I believe is indeed type 1, was one of the main examples talked about.

Good song too, btw!

I think this one, because, to me, it’s about apathy and somebody just keeping their head down and avoiding all the crap that life throws at them. Ignore the last verse for the purposes of this post though, considering the lyrics make no sense anyway lmao.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

That sucks to hear, EricaofRenais. I remember seeing you mention that you're a type 1 diabetic before. You'll be glad to know though, that there may at a point be a cure for you so you don't have to rely on insulin! I'm taking a Life Science course for my college degree and the book I'm using has a chapter on genomics. I think your type of diabetes is the one it mentions, with a gene defect. A science process called CRISPR was developed a few years ago and it allows for literal gene alteration and moving genes around in living things and stuff. For example, repairing a defective gene by inserting a healthy one. When this is all perfected for people, it could cure so many genetic and neurological disorders, and "juvenile diabetes" which I believe is indeed type 1, was one of the main examples talked about.

Good song too, btw!

Juvenile diabetes is the old name for type one because it used to be mostly children that were found to have it, but adults have been ending up with it more then before.  I keep up with the research being done and there are many things that may help, the problem researchers face is that they have to find the trigger that causes the immune system to attack the Beta cells and stop it.  Researchers have said that if they can stop or reverse the trigger that they can restart the Beta cells with adult stem cells.  I keep hoping and I have seen research make big strides in cures in the past 10 years.  I just hope I can see many life threatening illnesses cured in my life time, not just diabetes but all the other illnesses that cause people so many issues.

10 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

Juvenile diabetes is the old name for type one because it used to be mostly children that were found to have it, but adults have been ending up with it more then before.  I keep up with the research being done and there are many things that may help, the problem researchers face is that they have to find the trigger that causes the immune system to attack the Beta cells and stop it.  Researchers have said that if they can stop or reverse the trigger that they can restart the Beta cells with adult stem cells.  I keep hoping and I have seen research make big strides in cures in the past 10 years.  I just hope I can see many life threatening illnesses cured in my life time, not just diabetes but all the other illnesses that cause people so many issues.

Yeah, that would be amazing indeed, especially for people with stuff like Alzheimer's and Parkinson's and whatnot. Because those illnesses are hard to deal with, for both the patient and their family/friends. The patient is just deteriorating mentally and their family and friends can only watch as things like memories and all slip away.

On 4/11/2020 at 8:17 PM, Ottservia said:

I've made it no secret as to my love of vocaloid on here

Preach! I also love Vocaloid, and a song that I identify with is Piano Girl by OSTER Project because I practice piano all the time and love kawai jazz. Not as deep as other songs like Rolling Girl though. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53yvZL7HDw4

On 4/13/2020 at 6:33 AM, Anacybele said:

Holy crap, I love this song too and I first found it on an Ike x Elincia video.

That's a bit funny. I also found it through a video about a couple from another series. 

I had a hard time finding a song but I think this one satisfies me every time I listen. Also, I kinda agree when she says "maybe the internet raised us" because it is true. It is kinda like a millennial anthem. Also, this songs makes me satisfied that I'm still single and alone. In other words, I don't get very depressed just for the fact that I'm lonely or introverted.

Edited by Cron

• 5 weeks later...